Gomez did not practice

Jacques Martin did not do a media briefing.

And since he’s the only one allowed to offer updates on injured players, no one knows what ails Scott Gomez or how long he might be out of the lineup.

As was the case during the second period of the game against Ottawa, Jeff Halpern centres Mike Cammalleri and Travis Moen at this morning’s practice.

The Tomas Plekanec and Lars Eller lines remianed intact, with Dustin Boyd joining Maxim Lapierre and Tom Pyatt.

The Canadiens fly to Windsor at noon on Thursday, then bus to Detroit.

AUDIO: Brian Gionta | Jeff Halpern

1. observer says:

For 2 examples – are ADTHE and Channelsurfing working now?

2. observer says:

ive had bell dsl from when they first started never had this problem. i am in montreal proper. even nfl highlights on nfl com site after games are npow blocked. i couldnt watch cbc game last week without constant stalling. they have started doing something in last few days – right now calling bell internet service i am on hold for over 20 minutes as i type this. i dont think rogers has internet in quebec? absolutely none of those tv sites are working for me. none. sometimes 4 streams for a game and none work.

3. Propwash says:

No issues here, but I’m on Videtron. Prolly jinxed it tho.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

4. VancouverHab says:

Which would make you — unless you are being ironical — a cretin for rejoicing over physical harm to a team-member.

5. adam76 says:

or habsinsideout

6. adam76 says:

Hummm – that is different.  I wonder if they are blocking via geography?  Check your inbox – might have an answer for you.

7. avatar_58 says:

Yeah I think people forget these sites aren’t exactly legal. I see them posted on facebook out in the open and I shake my head

8. SeriousFan09 says:

They started it with me last Wednesday, had to listen to the radio call for two games, managed to find a stream they weren’t blocking on SAT afternoon than last night, I was back to the CJAD online feed.

I sent an email, first response said “Your computer isn’t working” and 2nd email they just ignored me.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

9. SeriousFan09 says:

Adam, they’re not even letting me watch highlight videos on NHL.com anymore, perfectly legal. I can’t watch a CBC online feed of a game either. This is beyond blocking illegal content (and if they really wanted to choke this stuff, they’d block access to Pirate Bay and other big Torrent engines).

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

10. observer says:

Yes, with Bell and never had this problem before.

11. adam76 says:

You mean ISPs are blocking illegal sites that break copyright?  THE NERVE!

12. andrewberkshire says:

I heard it, and then on his next shift I believe Eller set up Hamrilk’s goal.

13. andrewberkshire says:

I would hope the jerseys aren’t real. As much as it devalues the card, the jerseys on their own are more valuable.

14. SeriousFan09 says:

Are you with Bell? Having the same issue, getting Rogers installed tommorow because of it.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

15. BJT says:

Uh oh. Is it really happening? Is it for real? Is it.. Is it..

A slow computer!?!?

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

16. BJT says:

Thought so. ‘Cause yeah, during the game (I’m sure you saw, but I’ll repeat it anyway) PMG was saying how bad Eller’s decisions were & that he might never be a top 6 forward.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

17. joeybarrie says:

You want our team to lose?

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

18. observer says:

Are ALL TV shows, networks, sports being blocked on the internet as of starting a couple of days back? Who is doing it? ADTHE and CHANNELSURFING even JUSTIN SPORTS EITH CONTINUALLY STALL OR DONT WORK and even CBC legal channel stalls. What money grubbing suit is doing this?

19. habguy says:

so Gomez is injured?

yahoo!   now I’m in a great mood!

20. jimmy shaker says:

I’m going to the game as my Christmas present from my wife.  7th row behind the net.  We’re actually taking the tunnel bus to the game, maybe on the way back we can jump on to the canadiens bus, since they’ll be driving by my house on the way to the airport.  Someone get me the name of bus driver…Quick!

SHaker

21. DearyLeary says:

You could always catch them on the tunnel bus to Detroit.

22. VancouverHab says:

If his wife called him that, it would a real problem….

23. jimmy shaker says:

man I live here in windsor, and I’m going to be at work tomorrow during the day, that sucks.  I would’ve dropped by the airport to see what I could see.   What time will they be back at the windsor airport friday night to fly out to toronto?  anyone, anyone, anyone….Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.  Guessing pretty much right after the game around 11pm.

SHaker

24. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I just love how Price is showing everyone he belong’s on this card.

25. andrewberkshire says:

I was definitely talking about team990.

26. habs11s says:

FYI http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=545723

___________________________________________________________________________
    _____________________

27. Everlasting1 says:

I’m intrigued by this upcoming fiction flick, The Intangibles. No doubt starring Scott Gomez. It must come with a strong supporting cast and award-winning special effects..not to mention a hefty budget. I’m looking forward to the spoiler, though somehow feel like I’ve seen it already.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

28. HNS says:

Don’t tell anyone but I’m with you on this one. Just for tonite though…….

29. BJT says:

yesterday he was spouting off in the game about Larry potentially not being but top 6, however pretty sure andrew was talking about what Pierre was talking about on the team 990.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

30. Bugs says:

Felt the same way about Eller. Said the same things.

But gotta admit, last 10 games, that friggin Dane has been growin on me.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

31. Say Ash says:

you’re in fine form today

32. _Habsoloutly_ says:

My wife calls him “Mr. Peanut”

33. avatar_58 says:

I’m not sure yet. I sorta don’t care, crosby fails or the leafs fail yet again…..sort of a toss up. Seeing the pens lose their streak to the leafs though? That would be pretty epic

34. Bugs says:

Really? Dang, in that case I’m the one who heard wrong, Berkie.

Apologies.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

35. HNS says:

PG is a self opportunist blow hole. I know cause I sometimes work with him. That being said, Eller absolutely has the right stuff to be a top 5 power foward in the NHL. He really needs some high calibre coaching to get under way. Last nite he had the puck on an odd man rush and decided to pass instead of shoot. TSN had a great iso of one of the coaches telling him to shoot and not be worried about being selfish with the puck. Coaching is the key with this kid.

36. Bugs says:

Agree. Cuz, hey, c’mon, you know, it was funny at first, we all had a good chuckle about it, first one to admit it, but now, the party’s over and it’s time to look at da big picture. Gotta be grown-up and see the issues that could affect our biness if those half-primates keep losin. Those issues are not good.

Sonsabastiches gotta start winnin; plain’n’simple.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

37. andrewberkshire says:

I’ve noticed, and I’m sure his cohosts notice as well.

38. JD_ says:

Local Montreal news covered the Habs’ annual visit to the Ste-Justine and Montreal Children’s hospitals today. Great seein’ the kids so utterly happy to see the team.

Unconfirmed reports have PK Subban relegated to the waitin’ room to sit out the visits.

39. DearyLeary says:

The more the Leafs win the worse draft pick the Bruins get.  I hate the Bruins more than the Leafs, and the added bonus is that we’re chasing Pittsburgh in the standings (wow, who would have thought we were able to say that 1/3rd of the way into the season at the start of the year).  So yeah, go Luffs go.

40. Danno says:

Cheap is how I feel…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

41. HabsFansince49 says:

But last night during the TSN broadcast, Mr Pierre did say that the Halak-Eller trade was grand larceny. Clearly he doesn’t have much time for Eller.

I don’t pretend to be an expert; just a die-hard Habs fan passing my opinion

42. andrewberkshire says:

Bugs, there are hundreds of people talking about it on twitter, you’re not the only one who heard it right. What he said was that he was worried Eller wouldn’t even be good enough to be a top 9 player in the NHL. It was clear and succinct. No room for interpretation.

43. Bugs says:

Why not? It’s part of his season total and SHOULD be accounted for. It’s his CONTRIBUTION to the TEAM output. Ex: Gio got 28 goals last year. Boom. End-all-be-all. 1 game, 3 games, 200 games = 28 goals, that’s it, that’s all.

Far as I’m concerned, Gomie injuring himself was a BAD MOVE. Shouldna gotten hurt. Will affect his output and hinder his chances of salvaging his as-of-yet unsteady contribution to collective.

But tell you what, I’m prepared to add Boyd’s contribution to Gomie’s stat sheet since I reckon he’ll be producing at the same pace.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

44. Propwash says:

It feels dirty, but I want the leafs to win some more.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

45. Propwash says:

Ever notice when he stands up with a co-host, he almost looks like he’s trying to dryhump?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

46. Danno says:

Friends, would it be wrong to cheer for the Leafs just for tonight as they play the Penguins?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

47. Bugs says:

You misheard or he mispoke. I heard. It was quite clear. Top 6 he mighn’t be, not top 9.

Berkie, c’mon.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

48. LA Loyalist says:

As boring as I am ranting against Gomez, even I will not hold him to a points standard if he’s really injured.

“The Intangibles” — coming to a theatre near you this Christmas

49. Bugs says:

First he doesn’t play, now he doesn’t practice…what the hell?!

What next, he ain’t even gonna come in in the mornin?

This is BULLspit, man.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

50. andrewberkshire says:

He really is. And I think he’s had the same glasses since 1992.

51. andrewberkshire says:

He said, “he might not be top six, and he might not even by top NINE”. He said it Bugs.

52. Hagar says:

I am disappointed. It would’ve made for a cool story.

53. andrewberkshire says:

Exactly my thoughts on the matter. I have a feeling that in a couple years this trade will either look very even if Halak plays very well, or a steal for us.

54. Bugs says:

He said “might not be top SIX material at the moment since his ‘pure hockey decision-making abilities’ are somewhat lacking”, Berkie.

Take it easy.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

55. andrewberkshire says:

“good shift” LOL!

56. terrygain says:

Eller has impressed me since I saw his highlight video this summer. He is extremely fast and has good hands and instincts. He fights hard for the puck. I’d like to see him add 10 pounds but I’ve no doubt he will  be our regular second line centre much  earlier than expected.

Did anyone notice how those Maple Leaf fans are such sheep? They support management no matter what. It’s no wonder they haven’t won in 43 years.

57. andrewberkshire says:

He actually claimed the other day on OTR that HE coached the Penguins against Montreal in 1992 in a game. Delusions of grandeur.

58. DearyLeary says:

I think the most adept comparison we can make right now is Plekanec at the age of 21.  Pleks played 2 games, and had lower AHL numbers at the time. Now, if you can’t look at Eller’s game right now, and project him in a few years to be a second line center (potentially bordering on 1st) Pierre must not be watching the same games we are.  He’s fast, has good vision, he’s strong on the puck, has a decent shot, is physical along the boards/corners… etc.

He’s 21 years old and Pierre wants to write him off.

He wants to know why the Canadiens didn’t ‘test the waters’ in an incredibly deep goaltender free agency period.  You know why he pulled the trigger quickly?  What if the Blues picked up Niemi, a Stanley Cup winning goaltender who’s team just walked away from an arbitration contract?  They went out to fill an organizational need, namely a big skilled centerman, and a mean ornery SOB on the wing.  I dare Pierre McGuire to find another team that extracted more for a goaltender last year.

59. petrov14 says:

+2, good shift SF09!

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

60. andrewberkshire says:

You sound so disappointed.

61. petrov14 says:

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

62. andrewberkshire says:

I feel the same way about Eller. I see in him a young Plekanec, only bigger and stronger.

63. Flabadagub says:

Long Pig!

64. Hagar says:

…All I’ve got is salt. I just learned it’s day-to-day. You’ll probably get to keep your arm after all.

65. SeriousFan09 says:

But didn’t he coach the Penguins to 2 Stanley Cups?

No wait, that was Bob Johnson and Scotty Bowman with the most talented player the league ever saw.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

66. SeriousFan09 says:

Still, can’t believe we blew the opportunity to draft Gilbert Brule in 2005, man do we look stupid now…

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

67. Propwash says:

And he’s creepy as **** to boot.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

68. _Habsoloutly_ says:

He really said that?  I’ve liked Eller since his first game.  He works his butt off and he’s finally getting some bounces to go his way.  I can’t see any downside to having this kid on the team.

69. andrewberkshire says:

He says whatever suits him at the time and refuses to acknowledge past mistakes.

It’s hilarious whenever he talks about the Leafs now, because he always says things like “they thought they were a lot deeper on defense than they realized. They thought Komisarek and Beauchemin were 1st pairing defensemen.” Never once admitting that in the first game of 2009 he called Komisarek, Beachemin, Kaberle and Schenn “the big four as comparable to Montreal’s big three!!”. He’s a buffoon. He may know some of the intracies of hockey systems because of his experience as a coach, but he’s a total shill and his talent analysis is a complete joke.

70. andrewberkshire says:

Well humans are supposed to taste similar to pork, so I’d rather some chipotle in adobo sauce, garlic and some lime juice to make a killer marinade is you can spare it.

However my post (I think) was that Gomez would get more than 15 assists, didn’t say 30 points. I could be wrong, but that’s what I remember.

71. sholi2000.com says:

Didn’t he just say the other night on TSN that he was one of the best rookie guys out there?

Sigh Pierre……

They Call Me Shane

72. andrewberkshire says:

If anyone wants to know why Pierre McGuire will never be an NHL GM, you can understand it by listening to him on team990. He let’s personal vendettas get in the way of his talent analysis. He just said Lars Eller might not ever be a top 9 forward in the NHL. What a joke. He’s already a 3rd line NHL player, and improving every single game. Eller hasn’t been on the ice for a goal against since November 2nd.

73. Hagar says:

So if Scotty is out long term, he may very well not hit 30 pts this season. I guess you’re gonna have to eat your left arm Andrew. Want some salt?