Gomez did not practice

Jacques Martin did not do a media briefing.

And since he’s the only one allowed to offer updates on injured players, no one knows what ails Scott Gomez or how long he might be out of the lineup.

As was the case during the second period of the game against Ottawa, Jeff Halpern centres Mike Cammalleri and Travis Moen at this morning’s practice.

The Tomas Plekanec and Lars Eller lines remianed intact, with Dustin Boyd joining Maxim Lapierre and Tom Pyatt.

The Canadiens fly to Windsor at noon on Thursday, then bus to Detroit.

AUDIO: Brian Gionta | Jeff Halpern

1. SeriousFan09 says:

Flash is updated to the max and I tested this on my laptop as well, they’re throttling me as far as I can tell, it gets easier outside of “Peak Hours” like Torrenting but a chokehold during the later afternoon and the night.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

Uograded to 10,1,102,64 installed

3. punkster says:

No timeout.

4 packets sent, 4 packets received, 0 packets lost

minimum 91 ms, maximum 95 ms, average 93 ms

(oh and I use firefox)

***All You Need Is Love***

Interesting. It could be a type of throttling. It could also be a bandwidth bottleneck. Hard to say. I would still be prone to think you should upgrade your flash first since the sites are coming in. Which version of Flash do you have? Go here >> http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

I have version 10,0,32,18 installed

5. SeriousFan09 says:

I don’t time out, I can access Justin.tv the site but not the streams themselves.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

6. Chuck says:

Ironically enough, marked as “complete jersey”.

That’s horrible. What a waste.

Centre Hice: one fan’s attachment to the Montreal Canadiens

7. observer says:

ive had high speed from the very first day they offered it. the building im in has already been wired for fibre optic by them but they have not yet started that tv service here yet and they know to inform me as soon as they do to hook me up. it may well be my computers problems as i have little free space right now?

8. observer says:

now atdhe is working for me but with a tiny bit of freezing. philly /san jose game and i also clicked on a baskets to se if it worked and both did. flyers 3 san jose 1.

9. Exit716 says:

Actually, a lot of the major sports teams use the Windsor airport. The Metro Detroit airport is about 30 miles south of Detroit…It’s quicker to fly into Windsor and then get on a bus to go through the tunnel.

10. RiverviewCanadien says:

Yes having Price is a good thing, but I would rather have Crosby.

11. observer says:

ok, just off the phone with bell. they said bell havent changed anything or started throttling. he said i must be low on memory. he is probably right because i had just downloaded a couple of items in last few days. ill soon delete them.

12. Propwash says:

HH, give this a look.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

13. twocents says:

Sadly, some of the people you stated that, professed to be,

Habs fans.

Disgruntled Habs fans.

Disgruntled Habs fans who now seldom darken this little corner of the interwebs.

Ok both you guys; do this

click start >> click run >> type the letters cmd >> click OK

in the black box type:

ping justintv.com

so you would see something like

C:\Documents and Settings\User>ping justintv.com

Hit enter and then tell me what happens

do you see something like

Pinging justintv.com [76.74.223.21] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 76.74.223.21: bytes=32 time=124ms TTL=47
    Reply from 76.74.223.21: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=47
    Reply from 76.74.223.21: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=47
    Reply from 76.74.223.21: bytes=32 time=123ms TTL=47

or does it time out?

if it times out then try to ping that IP so type:

ping 76.74.223.21

and hit enter

get back to me

15. SeriousFan09 says:

I use Firefox but tried IE and Chrome as well, no results.

5.94 MBPS, .49 MBPS Upload, 69 Ping.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

16. CHsam says:

Pierre and Jack Todd should be drinking buddies.

17. Matt_in_TO says:

Leaf fans are the most delusional people walking the face of the earth

– In Price We Trust

18. Matt_in_TO says:

Why not?  It’s only December.

– In Price We Trust

19. SeriousFan09 says:

Crosby ripped through the Senators by himself last season, than what happened? Oh right, we shut down Crosby and exposed Fleury for what he is. WSH had a 13-game winning streak last season, we dropped them as well.

MTL’s better than last season and I’m willing to throw our team up against anyone right now.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

20. Matt_in_TO says:

I think we did okay with the 5th one

– In Price We Trust

21. andrewberkshire says:

Saudi Arabian Roller Hockey League

22. joeybarrie says:

Was watching the freudian slip on youtube. One of the next links is Pang arguing with McGuire. McGuire was interrupting him telling him he was wrong about Washington and how Fleishmann is NOT a left wing and Steckel is the 4th line center…. Finally he gave it up and left McGuire’s comments unresponded to. MOSTLY CAUSE HE COULDNT TURN AROUND AND SAY PIERRE WTF ARE YOU SAYING? DO YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY??? HOW DO YOU NOT NOTICE THAT STECKEL IS NOT THE 4TH LINE CENTER AND FLEISCHMANN IS A LEFT WINGER…

The more i pay attention to McGuire, the more I realize he is kinda lost sometimes…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

23. punkster says:

Yep, they schooled us last time.

***All You Need Is Love***

They sure don’t want to see us in the play offs again, we are a better team than last year. And we know how to shut down their best.

25. punkster says:

I’m on sympatico hs in CDN (Decarie and Queen Mary area). No internet issues apart from the streaming these guys have mentioned.

7.26 down and .84 up.

Justintv is blocked, nhl.com comes through but jiggy and not locking in every time I access a game, channelsurfing is blocked, adthe.net blocked. Weird.

***All You Need Is Love***

26. Bugs says:

Whoa, whoa, “set it up”; he REDIRECTED a pass to Gio.

Gio “set up” the Hamr’s goal.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

27. Chuck says:

Freudian slip. He meant to say “Sidney Crosby”. I hope.

Centre Hice: one fan’s attachment to the Montreal Canadiens

28. avatar_58 says:

Maybe it’s me, but I’d rather have Picard…

29. Canadiangrrl says:

Which league?

30. joeybarrie says:

The Leafs suck so bad. I cant believe there were people who actually said they would make the playoffs. AND do better than the Habs….

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

31. db says:

I hope we dont see the Pens in the playoffs…

and damn those Leafs still suck.  Thanks BB

32. JD_ says:

“Luke Schenn is one of the most complete players in the league.”

You heard it here first.

33. RiverviewCanadien says:

Why couldn’t the Canadiens have been so lucky to get that #1 pick…

34. Matt_in_TO says:

What the hell was Komisarek doing there?  Get your whole body down to block the pass.  Man am I glad we didn’t resign that bum.  He’s got a bad case of the blue & white disease.

– In Price We Trust

35. Bill says:

Leafs vs Pens on TSN as Leafs lose:

0-0 All McGuire can talk about is how good Kessel is.

1-0 All McGuire can talk about is how good The Monster is.

2-0 All McGuire can talk about is how good Schenn is.

3-0 All McGuire can do is start to talk about how tough the Leafs are and then

4-0 All McGuire can talk about is how Wilson shouldn’t have had tough guys on the ice.

Though I actually wish the Leafs would beat them, this broadcast is kind of fun.

Oh, McGuire just gave a shoutout to Price for MVP though … as runner-up to Sid.

Full Breezer 4 Life

36. Bugs says:

So much for wantin the leafs to beat the Pens.

Gosh, they’re pathetic…

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

37. avatar_58 says:

Ooooh baby, going to get ugly here

38. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Crosby making the Leafs his bitch.

39. Say Ash says:

It’s that time of day again when I’m reminded that the Leafs suck.

40. Propwash says:

Leafs on the ropes….serves me right for rooting for them…

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

41. Propwash says:

Really bad fauxhawk.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

42. Danno says:

What’s up with Phaneuf’s hair?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

43. Willy the bum says:

For the standings, no. :)

Have you tried different browsers? Chrome, Opera, Firefox and IE.

Try this. Go to http://speedtest.net and tell me what your results are.

I need some data.

45. LizardKing1967 says:

remind me again why TSN stands for Toronto Sports Network…here it is. Talking about all the free agent signings, and Burke!?!? did the best????

Jim-out. I BELIEVE!

46. CHsam says:

I love it. Absolute clown. Easy to rip on young kids with talent saying they have no potential.. McGuire and Leafdom just SALIVATING to have players like Subban, Eller, Camalleri, Price… Pierre should be the next GM of the Leafs. That would be PERFECT.

47. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Yup, the Jersey’s and patches used in cards today are game used.  Thats why these cards are worth some $$$.

In this example a piece of Jersey, Emblem, and Number from a game used Jacques Plante jersey.

In this example a piece of game used skate from Maurice Richard, Elmer Lach, and Toe Blake.

In this example a piece of game used skate, Jersey and glove from Aurel Joliat.

And last but not least, a piece of glove from the great Jacques Plante.

48. SeriousFan09 says:

Bell is trying to choke off video streaming by their customers on lower-end services it seems, you might be able to upgrade to the next level and get it working again but I’m trapped. You could try Videotron.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

49. SeriousFan09 says:

It’s just stalled, it’s blocked HH. I literally can not get a working video of NHL highlights off NHL.com and I can’t watch a CBC stream of hockey. I’ve heard about Bell targeting overusers by blocking what they use most.

Fibe doesn’t get out where I live anyway, if they’re trying to edge me over to a higher brand of service they should try offering it in my area.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

50. christophurrr says:

bus from windsor?

i don’t like dealing with US airport security either. don’t blame them.

or

maybe they’re all a little gun-shy with the body scanners.

51. avatar_58 says:

True, but I’m just saying

52. Canadiangrrl says:

I said a few pre-emptive Hail Marys, Our Fathers, and Glory Bes, and then I went with it.

53. christophurrr says:

you’re no more anonymous on here than you are on fb if the people who want to know want to know

54. punkster says:

Gomez doesn’t need practice.

Pratice needs Gomez.

***All You Need Is Love***

55. Propwash says:

ADTHE and Channelsurfing are working for me with no issues

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

I am with Bell. No issues with streaming media here. No throttling either. Must be a local issue.

What happens with DSL, and they claimed this was the issue with Cable as it is shared bandwidth, is that with mroe subscribers comes a degradation of the service.

I had the same issue until I went to Fibre. Until then streaming media used to freeze my service regularly.

Maybe Bell is trying to force people off of DSL to Fibre they way they pushed people off of dial-up.

57. observer says:

Laws they BOUGHT and PAID FOR! Long live capitalist freedom(NOT)!

58. avatar_58 says:

No real names here, versus facebook. Maybe it’s me, but I wouldn’t put any of that in writing WITH your name, hometown and whatever else they give up. Common sense..

59. ctony says:

He said something like, “he may not be top 6 or top 9. we don’t know yet.  what we know is that montreal traded a starting goalie for an unproven forward.”  I think his point is regardless of how Eller develops, he was an unproven NHL player and we could have had more.  I don’t think his primary point was to knock Eller.

60. observer says:

For 2 examples – are ADTHE and Channelsurfing working now?