Goalie coach Groulx creates special bond with Price

Canadiens goaltending coach Pierre Groulx recently sat down with The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs for his first in-depth interview since he joined the Canadiens in the summer of 2009. He talked about the maturation of Habs cornerstone Carey Price: from the goalie’s arrival as a young phenom in 2007 to his development into an elite netminder, from his insecurities of losing the starter’s job during the 2010 playoffs to the quiet confidence he’s since developed, in Groulx’s eyes having become a top-flight netminder from those playoffs during which he warmed the bench.

Below are links to this week’s Hockey Inside/Out special section stories as we wait for the puck to drop Thursday night in Florida when the Canadiens take on the Panthers (7:30 p.m., TSN-HABS, RDS, TSN 690 Radio).

General manager Marc Bergevin announced on Thursday morning that the Canadiens have acquired goaltender Dustin Tokarski from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Cédrick Desjardins.

Tokarski, 23, played 33 games with the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch this season, posting a record of 18-8-4 with a 2.46 goals-against average and .900 save percentage. Desjardins was a member of the Canadiens organization from 2006 to 2010 before returning to the Canadiens on July 1, 2012 as a free agent. He had a 7-13-2 record this season with the Hamilton Bulldogs along with a 2.94 goals-against average.

(Photo by Allen McInnis/The Gazette)

Price and coach Groulx form strong partnership, by Dave Stubbs

Preparing backup goaltenders a challenge for Groulx, by Dave Stubbs

Habs need to get bigger, tougher, by Jack Todd

Pep talk leads to results for fourth liners, by Pat Hickey

Killorn’s journey goes from West Island to Tampa Bay, by Pat Hickey

1. Loonie says:

Recommendations for the Play by Play interface…..

1. A Subbanator siren every time he contributes a point or takes a penalty.

2. A Therrien caricature that sees the coach rest his arm on his bent knee while he scowls at the officials.

3. The Price Is Right theme song plays every time our goaltender clears the puck by himself on the penalty kill.

4. The Chucky laugh plays with every Galchenyuk point scored.

Can’t think of a fifth.

2. Loonie says:

Eller/Desharnais is like Price/Halak.

The underdog takes the reigns, the more talented player stays because he will become a better player with maturity.

Hoping Bergevin has the guts to keep the more talented player.

I liked DD quite a bit last year despite having preferred Eller going into the season. He showed me quite a bit. However, if indeed it is a choice matter I would prefer Eller. DD does have some innate hockey sense that isn’t coached, but Eller to me provides a great deal of other intangibles.

• habs-fan-84 says:

Firmly entrenched in the Eller camp, just as I was in the Price camp during those dark days.

Agreed, if it came to a choice between the two, without hesitation I’d choose Eller.

• ed says:

if desharnais was playing well this season I would be inclined to keep both he and eller, and Galchenyuk as the true #1 center.

As you know, Tom, I am ready to trade Plekanec for the right deal.

I think this team moves to a whole new level if we get the right deal for Plekanec.

I will duck for cover now as the gun control laws at HIO are not very effective.

• Habfan17 says:

I am with you! You have my support

Habfan17

• Chris says:

For the right deal, I’d trade anybody on the Montreal Canadiens roster. Plekanec is a great player, but if the right deal was there I’d pounce.

The same also goes for Price and Subban, so you are now safe from the HIO firing squad, as the aim is now deflected to me. :)

• munch17 says:

I think both Gal27 and Pleks could perform better than DD on a number 1 and 2 line.
      DD cannot be a number 3 or 4 center.
      Hence no room for him.
      I think Eller has shown he can be a number 3 or 4 center. He has never been given an opportunity to play with two top 6 wingers.

3. habsnyc says:

I feel bad for Darche. I was hoping NJ would sign him, but they traded for Ponikarovsky. Darche was at the Prudential Center today practicing with the Devils after he took a few days to spend with family in Montreal.

Blue, blanc et rouge. Red and White for Canada. Blue for Smurfs.

4. Ghosts of the Forum says:

This Pistorius story is surreal, eh? Couldn’t believe it when I read it

I don’t know if it has been mentioned here 10 or 20 times yet, but Matt Kassian is on waivers right now. ;-)

Hockey’s Future has a history of not updating their site for long periods of time.

I went to check out what they had to say about Tokarski and the site mentioned he would have a tough time beating out Ellis and Smith.

Tokarski goes against the grain in terms of the NHL using large goalies to fill the net.However, he seems to have the ability to stand on his head and hold the fort against all odds. I think this is his 3rd or 4th year in the AHL but you never know.

Tokarski has spent the 2013 season with the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League (his 4th straight year in the AHL). In 33 games played this season, Tokarski has compiled a 18-8-4 record with a .900 save percentage and 2.46 goals against average.

Back-up goalies are a dime a dozen so I don’t think it really matters for the next few years. The team is all in with Price. I just wish they would go after a Hedberg/Biron type guy next time around.

The handful of games I have been to this year in Hamilton Mayer has outplayed Desjardins. Given Desjardins age, it is hard to think he is going to still bloom into an NHL goalie. Whether or not Tokarski proves to be better is unknown, but has a good pedigree in Junior hockey and did win AHL Championship last year.

He is younger, cheaper. Seems like a simple no brainer AHL deal.

7. bwoar says:

Danny Kristo would probably be 3rd on the Habs depth chart for RW next year after we trade Gionta and Cole.

Just sayin’. Last time I checked. It is what it is. At the end of the day. Bottom line. You’re an idiot if….

“thoroughbred”

8. scavanau says:

Is there anything special or different that goes with Platinum seats?? Anybody know??

9. Dudley the Dog says:

Skate with skill and move the puck — Canadiens should forget about useless goons and play firewagon hockey. Score on the power play and make goons teams pay the price.

10. Chris says:

On work ethic, I’ve always found it odd that guys who play absolutely no defence get lauded for their work ethic.

Trying to score goals isn’t work…that is fun.

Trying to prevent the other team from scoring goals is work.

That means hustling your butt back into your own zone (instead of floating to the bench for a change) at the end of a shift to thwart an odd-man rush, all the while ignoring the lactic acid build-up in your legs.

Work is fighting for a puck along the boards, pinning guys against the boards while fighting for the puck.

It means killing penalties, leg-sapping work that takes far longer to recover from than power play cycling.

Work is winning a defensive zone faceoff, fighting off a desperate team who are trying to get to the net.

I’m happy with where Lars Eller is when it comes to his work ethic. He clearly has some things to improve in his game, but he’s progressing nicely given the circumstances he finds himself in.

I still don’t think Eller has a long-term future in Montreal with Bergevin and especially with Therrien. I’d be happy to be proven wrong, but I don’t think he’s one of their guys and that is their prerogative. But he’s a good NHL player that would be coveted by the majority of NHL teams.

In some respects, I think a good comparable is Alex Steen. Steen had some flash in his early seasons, and then was largely written off. But he has developed into a very useful hockey player. I think Eller can follow that development curve, given the same types of opportunities as Steen has enjoyed.

• Loonie says:

Excellent comparable.

• Habfan10912 says:

Post of the day. Eller is very sound and works hard and a sound defensive player. Bob Gainey the player was an example of the value of this type player. Keeping the other team off the scoresheet is as important to scoring goals.
      I hope you are wrong about Eller not being in the clubs plans. I’d hate to have to change my avatar yet again.

———————————–

• Chris says:

I think the problem for Eller is that he is quite simply not as good as Tomas Plekanec, and they play the same role. There is no shame in that…Plekanec is one of the better two-way centres in the NHL, a guy who could actually climb into contention for the Selke Trophy is he could ever learn how to take a faceoff.

With Galchenyuk shooting up the depth chart and Plekanec firmly entrenched as the #2 centre, Eller is basically battling for the third-line centre role and won’t have the top penalty-killer title to bolster his claim. That will make it hard for him moving forwards in Montreal.

Eller is one of the few roster players that Bergevin has that actually carries some trade value. With the surplus of players, there needs to be some trades to address some of the team’s needs while also freeing up some development space for young prospects. Eller is fourth on the depth chart moving forwards.

I’d love to see Montreal keep him, but I just don’t see it. Eller will want a bigger opportunity to show that he’s a keeper, and he’s not going to crack the top-6 in Montreal. That’s just reality. He will have a tough time cracking the top-9.

• HabFanSince72 says:

I don’t see why Eller is not in future plans. He is only 23 and he is actually being used in key defensive situations more and more. At his cap hit it is hard to see us finding someone better and cheaper than him as a replacement, at least in the near future.

I thought it was well documented already that both MB and MT want him out of here?

• HabFanSince72 says:

No that’s PK.

• Chris says:

I think the issue will be more from Eller’s end.

He signed on the cheap, but he’s definitely going to want a chance to develop offensively. Thus far, Montreal has been very unwilling to provide that.

Eller is on his bridge contract at a very fair price. But he’s also playing for his next contract. He’s behind Galchenyuk and Plekanec for sure, and it would be very difficult for the Canadiens to elevate him past Desharnais on the depth chart. At some point, teams and players often come to an understanding that it is time to move on.

Twelve minutes per game is not going to cut it for Eller for much longer. 8-10 minutes of fourth-line duty isn’t going to cut it. At some point, the Habs have to find a way to get him some top-9 ice time. Barring injuries, I don’t see how that is going to happen with the current roster.

• krob1000 says:

When Galchenyuk becomes the number one centre….I hate to say it but I think he will be one of those guys whose “work ethic” is more in the offesnsive zone and I thik it would be ideal to have him backed with 2 guys in the Eller/Pleks mold. I am not convinced Eller won’t be as good as Pleks though….Eller is showing signs of imporvement in his body positioning and puck protection and his speed his sufficient. When Pleks first came up he gave the puck away at times becuase he wasn;t used to the great sticks on NHl D and the vigorous back pressure when rushing. Eller ran into that issue too as he would sometimes turn pucks over down low in the zone and jsut inside the opposing blueline…he is learning to shield the puck better and is definitely a student of the game and will therefore improve….he does need to get hsi shot off quicker thougha nd come with a better half clapper like PLeks though.
          I am worried about what you say with the depth chart,etc and the fact he is coveted by other gm’s is worrisome but I still hope they keep him because if they do for the two or three ywar s where Glachenyuk is ready fro primetime, Pleks is still playing top end hockey and Eller is hitting his prime…that is a pretty dynamic three centers and the Eller/Pleks combo (with possibly Leblanc in the mix as a 4th liner who could fill in)…it look pretty promising

• krob1000 says:

The other possibility…is the one we have dreaded …they keep playing Eller on the wing…and he has not excelled there….however if he played with Galchneyuk would it make it easier? This is a possibility down the road. as well…Cole will not be around forever (although his contract may make it feel that way). Eller could always try to play a MArian Hossa type winger position as Hossa is a great defensive winger and is quite often the first guy back and is strong as an ox in puck battles and very aware defesively. Hossa i s the perfect comliment to KAne who si very offensive minded…and I can see Eller being that to Galchenyuk if he ever did tranistion tot he wing (although he has not looked good when there). It may be a possibiltiy and who knows maybe Galchenyuk ends up on the wing…..I can;t recall who was up the middle when they played together a few games back but they looked good however it was configured

• krob1000 says:

Many hockey fans don’t see the defensive side of the game as it doesn’t show up on a stat sheet unless it is takeaways or blocked shots…but as you said hustling back to pick up a trailer on a rush is vital and is not a stat kept anywhere. Taking away a passing lane and reading a breakout and forcing them to pass to a lesser option, angling into a space you want them to go in,etc,etc, There are several key areas and plays that happen away from the puck (only 1 guy has it at time) and how the players play away from the puck is often how players determine their futures at the NHL level.
      The play away from the puck though is also important on offense too and “work ethic” does also apply….it is hard work repeatedly diving in and out of contested spaces and battling for body postiion, taking whack after whack to screen a goalie or occupy the time of an opposing dman to free space/time for someone else…this too is work ethic but I agree that where a player shows their true colors re overall work ethic is on the defensive side of the puck. It is also a character check and is one of the reasons that when Pleks had his poor offensive season I was adamant on here that he was playing great hockey still. I see those same traits in Eller and Steen is a decent example but I am hoping Eller can duplicate Pleks stats and do so with a bigger frame and utilize the size advantage but model his game after Plekanec.
      THe end of the Sabres game was an example of offensvie work ethic…Steve OTt gave the HAbs a crash course on work ethic…first he frechecked and hit someone drawing White in…then he drew the pnealty, then in OT…he crashed the crease and took a few whacks to create space (yes he interfered but you get the point)…..in a matter of a few minutes he demonstrated the positive effects of both offesnive and defensvie work ethic.
      The Subban goal and Moen goals were also work ethic by Eller (one a second effort and puck recover to get puck to Subban and the other was him battling for space in front)…and he backchecked ferociously all game.

• ed says:

Eller has the character to improve at the NHL level. That’s what makes him even more of an intriguing prospect.

I have told this story before but it’s worth repeating.

In 1984, I had a job working at the Verdun Auditorium, where the Habs used to practice.

One day I arrived and saw Chelios skating alone up and down the ice, accelerating through the neutral zone and then taking slap shots on the fly as he crossed the blue line.

Back and forth, over and over. Slap shot after slap shot. Alone.

Some guys have the drive to make themselves better even after they reach the NHL, others simply rest on their laurels.

I see Eller as having that kind of character. I think he will develop very nicely as a pro once he is given a regular shot as someone’s #2 or #3 centreman.

• Chris says:

What I’m finally seeing with Eller is a return of his speed from last year. He started out this season a bit lethargic…his legs just weren’t where they were at the end of last season. This is hardly unique to Eller…the NHL has been a pale imitation of its usual level up to now as these guys get their skating legs under them.

But Eller has really been flying the past few games. He’s been chasing guys down (whereas he was losing those races earlier) and he’s been skating hard all over the ice. The offence will come, although playing with Moen and Armstrong is obviously tying an anchor to his development.

Eller has done pretty much everything the team has asked of him. They asked him to bulk up, he did it. They ask him to improve defensively, he did it. They move him all over the line up, not a peep (well, except for those of us in the stands who are peeping on his behalf!).

Eller is one of those rare players that a coach can actually work with and mould. Now we’ll see what kind of coach Therrien really is.

• ed says:

Eller is one of those rare players – rare people – that can play for any coach, I believe.

The play last game when he gathered a loose puck along the boards in the defensive zone and then accelerated away from everyone was extremely impressive. That led to an excellent scoring chance.

His speed/size combination at the center position is excellent.

I have a 16 year old daughter who plays center at 5’10. I tell her every game you are catching players from behind on the backcheck, you can be sure you’re having a good game.

• krob1000 says:

The trailers are what make the rush….a good backcheck is what makes a team defensively. Hustling back is only half the battle though….and Eller nearly always recognizes the right option …when he and Pleks got beat recently..it wasn;t for a lack of effort or poor decision making…it was just great passes and good drvies to thenet and good work on the offensive end…they did not blow assignments or anything

• New says:

I think Eller will have several Cup rings before he retires, but they won’t be with Montreal.

• B says:

Was Eller very strong defensively when he came to Montreal, or has his time here helped him to really improve that aspect of his game?

–Go Habs Go!–

• Chris says:

He was drafted as a playmaking centre. Since arriving in Montreal, the consistent messaging is that they wanted him to bulk up and become a better player defensively. He’s done both those things.

I can easily see him being a poor man’s version of Tomas Plekanec at the present rate of development. Given more offensive opportunity, I could see him approaching Plekanec’s level. I don’t think he will ever be as good a scorer as Plekanec, however.

• habs-fan-84 says:

If you are correct Chris, then the situation with Eller reminds me of the situation Cody Hodgson found himself in, in Vancouver.

Hodgson knew he would always be behind Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kessler.

Vancouver knew this, as did the Hodgson camp, hence the trade, which for both clubs identified and filled a need.

For the record, I hope Eller is with this club for a long time

• jedimyrmidon says:

I also hope Eller remains with the club for a long time. I’m really afraid that the Habs will simply refuse to use him in a Top 6 or Top 9 role because of DD, and will end up losing him for nothing because they can’t see what’s right before their eyes.

This is reflected by the AC who criticize him continually and only praise him when he stands out for an exceptional game whereas DD, his main competition, is free to perform however he wants to. I’m not saying DD isn’t putting in the effort, but whatever effort he puts in needs to overcome some serious obstacles like his size and footspeed. And even when the AC praises him, it’s more in the vein of ‘Good job! He’ll be a good 4th line center for us.’ Uuuuuh, come again? I hope management can see clearer than them.

• jedimyrmidon says:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the Habs botching their handling of Eller – who has shown nothing but the ability to improve at what the Habs want him to improve at while also not playing in the role he was drafted for – would be like the Habs giving away a Cody Hodgson for free because of their lack of insight and vision.

Frustrating because the guy in his way is DD (not DD’s fault either) who showed that he could be useful last season, but as a result is almost impossible to knock out of the Top 6 because of his heritage and size (if he doesn’t play in an offensive role, he has no value to the team).

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Agree with your post, Chris, except what looks like blurring terms of fun and work. Trying to score goals may be fun, but it’s no less work, especially when you watch the guys who DON’T have the puck. If they’re not working, nobody scores.

As mentioned earlier, Pittsburgh Penguins traded Eric Tangradi to the Winnipeg Jets for a 2013 seventh-round draft pick.

Tangradi’s career has basically stalled due to a lack of skating and scoring ability. However, he might just be the perfect guy to start training to be a 4th line plugger. 6’4″/225 with a bit of an edge. Beats having a guy like MacIntyre clogging up the roster.

Not much to lose for Winnipeg as 7th rounders rarely ever make the NHL.

• HabFanSince72 says:

“a lack of skating and scoring ability. ”

How is he in the room?

• ed says:

very similar to Mike Blunden.

• 24 Cups says:

It’s probably Tangradi’s best option. If he can turn into a Moen, then he just might squeeze out a career.

I would apply the same notion to a 4th line centre. I can’t remember the last home grown guy to play for the Habs. The Bournival kid is a bit small but maybe Montreal should start grooming him for the role. Not everybody can be a top six guy.

• Luke says:

I thought Tangradi’s progress was mildly delayed when he was cheap shotted by Gilles of the Islanders
      (who then stood over him & taunted him – I can’t recall if this was the game that got him the 11 games suspension or if it was the 1st game back and it got him the 10 game suspension)

Regardless… too bad. I remember watching him with the Bulls. Thought he would wind up being a solid pro. Was disappointed the Habs didn’t grab him in the draft.

• B says:

I believe the Ponikarovsky trade to NJ for a 7th and 4th was done to make room on the roster for Tangradi.

–Go Habs Go!–

• bwoar says:

2 nice moves by the Jets. I’m a fan because of geography but the sooner they shed the ‘Castoffs and Toronto has-beens’ identity and build something post-Atlanta I will like them more.

It’d be nice if they’d move to the Western Conference where they belong, too.

“thoroughbred”

12. HabFanSince72 says:

Well folks, I’ve done the research that our scouting staff is too lazy to do (Come on Geoff Molson, FIRE THEM ALL!), and it turns out that Ron Jeremy is not an option as he’s recently had emergency aortic aneurysm surgery.

(* an aneurysm is when an organ gets very swollen with blood. FYI.)

So while Ron’s special skill might have been useful to obscure a goalkeeper’s vision during a powerplay, we will have to look elsewhere for bigness.

I’ve come up with another possibility: the Roman Centurion Biggus Dickus from Monty Python’s Life of Brian.

Come on MB MAKE IT HAPPEN!

13. habs_54321 says:

guys just checked Tokarski’s playoff goaltending stats they are unbelievable!

14. Habfan17 says:

This from Hockey’s future;

Pateryn is a solid all-round defenseman who has a solid work ethic, grit, character and leadership skills along with strong defensive zone positioning and plays a tough physical game around his net. The big defenseman is a steady, calming presence on the backend and can play the shutdown role and on both specialty team units.

Sounds like a bigger more aggressive version of Gorges!

Habfan17

• Hobie Hansen says:

I’m pretty sure he’s far down the pecking order. The chances of him ever being a permanent fixture in Montreal are slim. IMO.

Not be be a Negative Nelly or anything :-).

He’s got Beaulieu and Tinordi in front of him plus the regulars that will already be on defense in MTL.

• Habfan17 says:

You may be right, however, Boullion is only signed for this season, Weber and Kaberle will be gone. Markov could be, which really only leaves Gorges, Subban, Emelin and Diaz. They could bring up Pateryn and Tinordi next season, then Beaulieu the next. Even if Markov stays, Diaz could be gone. I think that that would be a strong defence.
        Markov, Emelin
        Pateryn, Subban
        Gorges, Tinordi
        Diaz?

Habfan17

• 24 Cups says:

I think it’s fair to say that Pateryn, Tinordi and Beaulieu all face a steep learning curve. Their long term chance of success might be best suited by having a great year in the AHL and then coming into Montreal with lots of confidence.

I wouldn’t be surprised if MB goes with a UFA depth defenseman on a one year contract next season as all three of the kids return to Hamilton.

• 2mins4lookinsooogood says:

Not unreasonable to think that Pateryn was a Timmons pick and that 4 out of 5 Dentists would have recommneded trading Graboski DDS for a 2nd and Pateryn – who can give make DDS “bend over and cough” next year … could well be up before Tinordi

“Don’t crush that dwarf Alex Henry, hand me the pliers”

• Loonie says:

Gotta be careful with the hockey’s future scouting reports. They have an awfully wonky system for evaluation.

On that specific write up. I find it kinda funny that they feel Pateryn’s better than capable offensively.

The actual pecking order in my opinion for an extended call up on defense is…..

St. Denis
      Beaulieu
      Tinordi
      Ellis
      Pateryn

You may not agree but St. Denis proved quite capable last season and it isn’t like any of the above defenseman will be throwing their weight around in their next visit with the big club. The size issue is moot with regards to these guys.

You see Pateryn as a potential upgrade on Gorges. I view Ellis in that light, not Pateryn. I feel Pateryn could develop into a Steve Staios type. Not much offense to his game.

And far be it for me to criticize hockeys future but I’ve seen a lot of Michigan games over the last five years and he brought nothing that could be considered close to pro offense.

Shut down guy pure and simple. I’d be willing to bet that Habs management would do cartwheels if the guy ever produced so much as a 30 point season at the NHL level.

• ed says:

Mac Bennett has 15 points in 22 games on Michigan, Tom. He could be someone to watch 3 years down the road. Go Hotchkiss!!

• Habfan17 says:

Nice post but I still see him an upgrade on Gorges. Gorges best season was 23 points. Gorges works hard does everything he can to win games, but he is not mean and Patryn does have a mean side and he has size on Gorges. Gorges has a hard time handling crease crashers!

I also like Ellis and in time, think he would be a Gorges 2, but bigger. Pateryn has the advantage right now of maturity and age.

I agree it is hard at times to get a good read on players from Hockey’s future, but I also remember and interview with Timmens last summer where he spoke highly of Pateryn, Bennett, and Kristo.

Petaryn reminds me of the college kids the Habs used to draft like Engblom and Ludwig.

Habfan17

15. HabsFan1111 says:

Gotta feel for Erik Karlsson this morning, saw the vid in super slow mo and almost barfed. Huge blow to the already shorthanded Sens.

Anyone else who has torn an Achilles knows the gravity of this injury and the difficulty in recovery. Get well soon Erik!

GHG!!!

16. Habfan17 says:

Aside for Kristo, does anyone know of any college drafted players who will qualify for UFA status this summer if they don’t sign?

What about current players in US college who that weren’t drafted and may be worth signing?

Habfan17

• krob1000 says:

The Kristo situation has me very nervous we may lose him for nothing

• Habfan17 says:

Thanks! There are a lot of defencemen available. Also a couple of intriguing forward prospects. I thought I had read this past summer that Beregevin added another scout specifically covering the US colleges. I hope they have been looking at these prospects. It is always nice to add assets without giving up anything.

Habfan17

• Dunboyne Mike says:

UCE!
        Where’ve you been?
        I dangled several posts last week to find you. Racking my brains, was he one of the guys who said he’d never watch another game if there was a lockout?…
        Glad you’re not.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Hey Mike, I took a sabbatical from HIO once the lockout started, thought it would be better for me mental health. I’m glad to be back, and that the Canadiens are on again.

• B says:

For your first question:

Corbin Knight, Kristo’s team mate who last I saw currently leads the two in Hobey Baker voting.

Here is an incomplete list of some others:
      Zach Budish, Kevin Lynch, Ben Hanowski, Daniel Delisle, Kyle Bigos, Jeremy Price, Seth Helgeson, Patrick Wey, Alexander Fallstrom, Alex Velischek, Thomas Larkin, Wade Megan, Curtis McKenzie, Michael Sdao, Paul Phillips, Scott Winkler, Vinny Saponari, Justin Jokinen, Nick Larson, Drew Olson, Luke Witkowski, Greg Burke, Braden Birch, Andrew MacWilliam, Joe Gleason, Nick Pryor, Mike Bergin, Nicholas D’Agostino

–Go Habs Go!–

• 24 Cups says:

Kristo would be nuts to sign with Montreal. He would be coming in at around 5th on the depth chart.

He should do what Schultz did, sign with a team that has a great need at RW and take the extra coin.