Go Leafs go! (This is not a typo)

Habs’ playoff express, saving on tire wear.

AUDIO: Jaroslav Spacek

The Canadiens failed to nail down a playoff berth last night on Long Island, falling 4-3 to the postseason-eliminated Islanders. But they can book a date to the dance tonight while they sit in Raleigh, awaiting tomorrow’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes.

Should the New York Rangers lose to the Toronto Maple Leafs at Madison Square Garden tonight, the Rangers having been bombed 5-2 in Buffalo last night, the Habs are in. And John Tortorella’s crew is on an extremely slippery slope toward the postseason, needing at least one point tonight and a weekend sweep of the Philadelphia Flyers to advance.

The Canadiens, meanwhile, remain behind the wheel in their drive to/toward the playoffs. But where they were steering a gas-guzzling luxury sedan a couple of weeks ago, now they’re squeezed into a subcompact. Pat Hickey will check in later today from Raleigh, where the Canadiens have a stiff challenge against the Carolina Hurricanes tomorrow night.

Here’s a capsule look at the still daunting task ahead, from Arpon Basu.

And here are the standings, heading into tonight’s action around the NHL.

1. Storm Man says:

That would make my year if that happens

2. Bugs says:

We were 2 minutes away from getting away with it. Then it woulda been “oh, what a great 60-min effort.”

C’mon. We got a point. We’re right there. Halak had now HAD his “bad game of the month” by letting in that stinker that reversed the almost 60-min effort into a 2-min breakdown. then shanked the shootout, where he normally excels. It happens, what’re you gonna do?

Let’s find zen. Recoup. Kick Caner butt.

Should do.

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

3. adam76 says:

I agree – one goal after so many poor games does not warrant a spot on the shootout.

4. jimmy shaker says:

Exactly……THis is why Jaro has the crease from here on in and Price will get a chance if Jaro lays an egg…..the two goalie system is done!

Shaker

5. ed lopaz says:

ok – so 2 seasons from now – can we agree that we need to spend the $25 million on guys that can skate??

it seems to be a trend that the better teams are also the best skating teams – now i’m sounding like zoolu master of the obvious – but it needs to be said.

our d must be quicker and more mobile

PK will help – no doubt.

mobile d-men CREATE OFFENCE; quickness helps the transition game, puts the pressure on the other team,

and mobile d-men put up points; and they don’t have to be weak defensively just because they’re mobile;

they can be first on the loose pucks, skate the puck out of trouble, beat the first forechecker; mobility is the key to today’s defenceman (since the rules changed)

why gainey did not see the need to build a mobile defence is beyond me??

re: martin – 4 years?? please, that’s a strange move.

you guys have it right – the guy is stuck coaching in the 90’s, playing not to lose – everyone can see the same pattern repeating itself.

we will eat that contract – or martin will be moved to the front office – that’s been clear since the day he signed.

6. Habscore says:

The way I see JM yelling at the players sometimes during morning practise, I can’t believe he is not doing it in the locker room..Is Muller actually allowed to lose it in between periods if JM doesn’t??

They do! Kirk Muller.

As soon as someone steps up to the plate and takes charge next year, they might. This is a position of emence leadership. And nobody has won a thing yet.

8. wmarcello says:

Hahaha I got the shooters off NHL.com’s recap where they apparently mixed up an Ovechkin and Stumpel shot. I guess I should have thought for a second before I posted that.

RUS, Ovechkin on Bryzgalov – Save
    SVK, Stumpel on Halak – Save

In fairness, apparently Ovechkin tried to pull an OB on Bryzgalov. :)

9. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

” If the game remains tied after the first three shooters, any player can be chosen to shoot any number of times”
    Morozov
    Ovechkin (he didn’t stop)
    Datsuk
    Ovechkin
    Kovelchuk
    Ovechkin
    Malkin
    how did stumpel score on him did he pull an O’b?

10. habfan53 says:

I’ll tell you this version of the Canadiens are as frustrating as any I’ve followed. Last night was a prime example, come out and win the game you clinch a playoff spot. ONE game of HARD work then take two games off if you want.

What do they do for the first 25-28 minutes the play like they have eggs in their pockets and that they have not played with each other ever. They lost the battles along the boards WHEN they even got there, their passing was off and there was no enthousiasm.  they were out skated and out worked. Looking at the shots on net they worked for ONE period out of four BUT i know they did not even work the whole second period.

I don’t mind them losing so long as they put in the effort last night the effort was not there. So to save myself money (new remote or TV) I switched channels.

I does not get easier Carolina is one of the best teams in the second half and We we all know about Toronto

11. Mr_MacDougall says:

I really like how Halak is playing witht he playoffs just around the corner, i think it would take a miracle for the Rangers to catch us now. I am getting pretty excited for playoff hockey.

I am going to beat a dead horse here for a minute… Halak and Price.. how about this statement: “Halak and Price are the best young one-two goaltending punch in the NHL. It is apparent that only one can be hot at a given time, however; if one faulters the other always seems to be there to pick up the slack and keep the team from going into a devestating slide. The Habs would be well advised to keep both goaltenders for the immediate future. Making a decision on signing only one of these two promising goaltenders could make a GM look very bad, and is extremely risky. Hopefully the fans can unite and support both of these promising young goaltenders.”

Just a note on Price bashers: I blame Bob Gainey for all the Price bashing, had he not annointed Carey as the Jesus Christ of goaltending, cost Carbo the the respect of his players and his job, and if he would have let Carbo play Halak, the fans would be supporting Price as we speak. Nobody likes a spoiled brat, and because of Bob Gainey, that is exactly how a number of Habs fans view Carey. I really like both our young goalies!

I LOVE PLAYOFF HOCKEY!!!!!!!!

12. SLONCOLD says:

i agree with price should be ready but i don’t know how much better or more prepared he’ll be with playing one more game. the arguement could be used we want jaro to get as much game action prior to the playoffs to keep him sharp.

13. Jbell10 says:

Halak is now 16 for 21 on shootouts this season which works out to a .76 save %

Not great IMO. Price seems more comfortable in the shootout.

I would like to see Halak in Raleigh and Price at home…no boos this time, no matter what. The kid needs some support from the fans at the Bell Center.

14. Rush says:

Amen to your positioning comment –

6th versus 8th makes all the difference in the world in terms of prospects for success in the playoffs.

Which, of course, leaves us that much more despondent over how flat they came out in the 1st, as well as over the late game collapse…

15. Chuck says:

Price needs to get time in the net before the playoffs. It’s expected that Halak will get the nod for game one, but in the case of an injury or meltdown in goal Price needs to be ready to go.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

16. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

the rangers have 3 games left and are at 82 points
    the habs have 2 games left and are at 87 points
    so if they lose  they can only get 4 points which puts them at 86 points

17. TomNickle says:

The team as it stands has $25 million in cap room scheduled for two season from now.  Hardly a long term burden Ed.  I’ve always disagreed with the signing of Martin but Bob Gainey’s done nothing but improve the team.  Have they won a Cup?  No, but it hardly makes him a failure.

“Dude-Price is done, get over it.”
    “Price is fighting the puck” – adam76

18. SegerHabs says:

Yes…even an extra time loss by the Rangers leaves them with only 2 more possible wins. That would mean they can only get 38 wins and 87 points.

Montreal currently has 39 wins and 87 points, they would win the tie-breaker.

19. adamkennelly says:

did not like the S.O choices.  Best shooters – period.  Not Max “had my first decent game in 2 months” Lapierre.  But the real problem is that Habs again shut it down in the 3rd – reason they lost the game.  How can JM not learn that this team needs to keep pressing, forechecking and using their speed to win games.  Embarassing.  Playoffs are not a done deal and had a chance to wrap it up last night.  no excuses – that was a choke by the coach and team.

20. jimmy shaker says:

If we do clinch, we still have to battle for positioning, so I still think Jaro has to get the games.  But I’d soften my stance a little bit like you!

Shaker

21. Bugs says:

Yeah, I heard your opinion, Mikey: The only reason Yappy was in the shootout is because Jack Marty wanted to appease the Frecnh folks in the Islander crowd.

Doesn’t sound any less preposterous now either.

But, I seem to not want to accept the “truth” because I don’t know “have any hockey knowledge” and I “shouldn’t speak” and Our Services “are scrap” and that’s good enough for me as a retort from you because it tells me where you’re comin from.

Like I said, it’s cool. Let’s leave it at that.

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

22. wmarcello says:

True, but they’re still talented players. It was also more than Ovechkin and Malkin. Halak also stopped Kovalchuk, Stumpel, Datsyuk, and Morozov in that shootout.

23. gohabsgo25 says:

Can someone tell me if the rangers lose are we win?

24. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

Ovechkin and malkin both hate the shootout especially malkin, he keeps telling people that he isn’t any good when it comes to shootouts.

25. ed lopaz says:

if I’m not mistaken – gainey signed martin for 4 years.

how strange is that?

i really think gainey should have resigned before July 1, 2009.

the changes he made to the team, to the coaching staff, and the money he spent against the cap for years to come, its just not acceptable to overhaul an entire franchise like that and then step down 6 months later.

i feel terrible about what happened to gainey personally – losing his daughter after he lost his wife –

but signing martin for 4 years, then naming gauthier his replacement, i just don’t understand it.

26. wmarcello says:

At least until we clinch. If we beat Carolina, I don’t mind seeing the backup in for the final game. Either way I’d be fine.

27. Matt_in_TO says:

As much as that would be a blessing, I think we’re stuck with JM for awhile.

- Guy Boucher for head coach

28. wmarcello says:

Those were some pretty strong moves last night on Halak. I find it really depends on the night. If you saw him in the Olympics vs Russia, Halak went several rounds into the shootout stopping the likes of Ovechkin and Malkin multiple times (or forcing them to shoot wide). I’ve seen Price on fire in shootouts as well, yet on other nights he looks like a pylon.

29. lavie says:

That implies a new coach possibly coming.

30. jimmy shaker says:

Halak’s got the crease from here on in….

Shaker

31. adam76 says:

Why does this team not have a Captain?

32. habs4_25th says:

Does anyone think that Halak is not a Shoot out goaltender??  He looks to widely spread out and leaving to many holes when it comes to the shoot out.  I was very surprised that he checked over his shoulder to see where he was, when he was backing up against the shooter on the second goal.  I hope Price and Halak can steal us a couple of wins.  Price vs Carolina, and Halak against the Leafs.

“To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be it yours to hold high.”

33. lavie says:

Habs shootout power rankings are AK46, Markov, Gionta, Plekanec, Cammalleri, Gomez… JM can ues hot hands once in a while, but smart coach gambles on talented players.

34. B says:

In reach of 20? Grabovski only has 10 goals (with 2 games left).

Half a season? Kessel has only missed 12 of Toronto’s 80 games. Kessel should finish this season with the same number of games played as last season, 70. Kessel is a very good goal scorer, he has the same .44 goals/game stat as Gionta this season.

35. Jeff says:

Truly sad summation of all things Habbers!

Phil is a star, Pleks….hmmmm your only star?

All but one team will lose this year!

Leafs are better now than your Habs will ever be over the next 5 years.

Yup, you get to feed your ulcers for 2 home games where the Russians are not being paid…hmmm?

Oh and that month of games was soooooo worth it…..death by a 1000 cuts!!!

My basic package is going to be the Premium package next year when you have Cap problems and cannot pay for the Basic pak you have…

Stay in Sask, i hear it’s flat and faceless without form or substance….

36. Jeff says:

You are tilting at a Windmill Mike, it hasn’t moved in almost two decades!

37. mike g says:

This site is about posting opinions. I posted mine, and tried to convince you that using a 3rd line player making just above league minimum doesn’t show great intellignece when trying to clinch a playoff spot…You didn’t agree with me on numerous occasions, so I said I’ll repect your opinion.

That’s it, it’s not about winning a debate with you and your “cool” words. What good does that do for my life?

btw, your website is scrap

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

38. SaskieHabFan says:

Haha Jeff,

Leafs boards not going so well you have to come to this one? Your omelette is missing new ingridients and will be missing them for the next 2 years because you paid for one that looks good but tastes oh so bad for that price. I respect that you stick by your team every year saying that they are going to be so good the next season but, I laugh at the lose lose situation your team is in this year….. lose more games and give an enemy better draft choices or win more games and help your enemy make the playoffs… Thank-you for supporting your team so they continue to excel at sucking every year. Even if the Habs lose 4 straight in the first round of the playoffs, that is still 4 games more than the Leafs and if you add up the last 4 years…. thats like almost 2 months more hockey, as a fan I sure am glad I get a BONUS 2 months the last 4 years instead of the “basic” package that you receive.

39. Jeff says:

I assume that you agree that assuming a contract is the same as signing it. Or worse!

40. B says:

If you go by the numbers, it should be in order: Gionta, A.Kostitsyn and Lapierre. http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20102MONSASAll&sort=shootingPctg&viewName=shootouts

41. Say Ash says:

I thought my Leafs comment was sympathetic (or is it empathetic? I always confuse the two). I was just saying that not making the playoffs sucks. The Leafs came to mind. Sue me.

42. Bugs says:

How can you respect what you don’t want spoken, Mikey? You’re a walkin, talkin principium contradictionis, mate.

Now, you’ve admitted to not understanding why Yappy was put in the SO last night. That’s good enough for me as I see where you’re comin from.

Let’s leave it at that.

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

43. Jeff says:

How’s the Russian Mafia and the Kos sisters doing?

Schenn is a shutdown defenceman and still learning the NHL.

Gionta oh the little guy who could…..Price WILL be good for another team!

Kadri will burn it up passing to Phil…

Have been to several Leafs vs Habs games, even in Montreal… the Leafs hold the edge in those contests…hee, hee…Not all dummies live in Montreal…

Yah, that was the Flyers, such a smart move…..Clarke is an idiot.

Gotta love the Cup wins outside of Quebec, almost 2 decades & still going weak.

44. Jeff says:

None, but at this point I would like to see a one game showdown with your SMABS for a playoff spot.

They are considering this, Buttman strikes again!

Gee, maybe a 3 game showdown to really kick your a……

Really, hope reigns eternal in all delusional Hab fans.

45. mike g says:

Like I said before Bugs Bunny, if you think Max Lapierre was a good choice for the shootout for some reason, you shouldn’t speak…

I bet you anything you want that no other NHL coach puts out Laps to shoot 1st in such a situation last night, considering the standings and the importance of the extra point.

If you still think JM was right, that’s your opinion and I’ll respect it.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

46. TomNickle says:

How did Grabovski do in that bar fight?  Nevermind.

Schenn is AWFUL, Price is very good.

Gionta as scored 26 in half of a season, so…………?

Kadri is not proving himself more than Hall or Seguin.  Typical comment coming from a Leaf fan though.

Muller is nobody’s castoff, perhaps the Leafs haven’t won a cup in 40 years because they don’t keep players like that.

HAHA, you think you’re Canada’s team.  Explain to me then why the Habs have just as much of a following in TORONTO.  You clearly have never been to a Habs v. Leafs game  Jeffrey.

Actually, the Avalanche(formerly Nordiques) won the Cup because of the return they got for that bum and his ingrate mother.

“Dude-Price is done, get over it.”
    “Price is fighting the puck”
    adam76

47. wmarcello says:

Here’s the order I would want them:

1. Caps – They play a fast-paced game that will keep the Habs playing fast-paced which is when they are best. Defensively suspect and also suspect in goal, the Caps would be very tough but would be definitely beatable.

2. Sabres – They have the least talent of the 4 teams we could face, minus Miller. Miller alone is one reason I wouldn’t want to play them. Reason #2 is Lindy Ruff. He will make the Sabres play a strong defensive game with a strong team ethic, suffocating our Habs and putting them to sleep. Lack of talent is the only thing keeping them at #2 for me.

3. Pens – They also play a fast-paced game that would keep us awake, but the Crosby/Malkin duo scares me more than Ovechkin. Also, as much as I hate to bring the refs into this, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get away with a lot in the first round. Definitely beatable though if Fleury is weak and the team doesn’t show the same hunger to win as last year.

4. NJ – Strong, balanced team. Brodeur almost always comes to play against the Habs. The team has snipers, the team can suffocate you with defense, and Lemaire would be the better coach, no doubt. Coaching is very important when it comes to best of 7, much more so than in the regular season.

48. Jeff says:

Really, only concerned?

Ummm, almost twenty years for a former dynasty that looks like a travesty now.

My omelette is quite tasty and we will enjoy the game vs the SMABS regardless…

See you on the Golf course!  MUAHHHHH!

49. mike g says:

Laps did score a really nice goal last night. But as I mentioned below, lightning strikes every once in a while. All 3rd line players score highlight goals once in theie careers, it’s bound to happen. Does that mean he deserved to have possibly the game/playoff clinching goal on his stick last night? NO…It’s not time to throw a bone at a player because he had a good game. It’s game 80, if it took Laps this long to wake up you don’t go ahead and put him in that situation to “reward” him. That’s just bad, bad coaching.

Cammy was a good choice. Why?, he’s a goalscorer paid $6 million to win you games like that. Same goes for Gionta and Markov. Those should have been your 3 shooters. If it goes to 4, you put AK46. That’s it, that’s all. You win with your best, and you lose with your best.

If the Rangers made it to shootout last night, do they put Brandon Prust as their 1st shooter because he scored a goal on RYAN MILLER? No, they put Gaborik, Jokinen, Callahan, Dubinksky, or some other money players. Not Brandon Prust.

For as stupid as the shootout is, it’s a chance to get an extra point in the standings (one that was HUGE for us yesterday). If you have a PP in overtime, you put out your best players to score on a 4-on-3. You pay those guys the big bucks for that reason. The same logic applies for the shootout. For a team like the Habs fighting for their playoff hopes, you don’t throw a bone in a situation like last night. That stuff is for pre-Christmas hockey, or a 1st place team….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

50. Jeff says:

How yah doing nickel for your thoughts???

Grabovski broke his wrist and still is within 20 goals,  Gomer….hmmmmm.

Schenn is a kid, how’s your kid Price?

Kessel has scored 30 and played half a season!  Where was Savard & the Bruins, oh yah super job!

Kadri is proving himself much better than Hall or Seguin…who’s Kristo or is it Krsipy Kreme?

Muller is a Leaf castoff. Gill too. Moore too….what’s with that former Leafs, now Habs????

Our song is front page news EVERY year because deep down, we’re Canada’s team, HA! HA!

Only 1 team will win the CUP, the Habs will not be the club, now or in the near future, get used to it!

BTW, Lindros knew that going into Quebec would be futile, even the Nordiques pulled out…then WON!

51. Bugs says:

Careful, Brewster, you’re messin with the “truth”, and maybe you just can’t take it.

That seemed to be my problem, anyway.

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

52. JoeC says:

Nice to see your not even smart enough to notice its more then JUST him

AND WE DIDNT SIGN HIM TO THAT CONTRACT

53. Bugs says:

You have to lose all the time to make an omelette?

Ok.

But we’re more concerned about winning hockey games over here.

I even heard you guys once did that like 40-some years ago. Reckon you might even fnd colour pictures of that if you research a bit.

Anyway, enjoy your omelette.

And don’t forget to keep losing all the time. You know, like losers? No one does that better than you guys so keep up the fine work.

(guffaw)

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

54. Smiss says:

And what are the odds of the Leafs actually… ya know… BEING in a series with one of these teams?

55. Jeff says:

Oh really, Pleks at $6 million for some team & Marky at $6 million for another, Price, well he’ll take a cut to get out of Montreal.

Halak, well you just cannot afford this prodigy!

Future…..Lapps, SK, AK, MAB, Gill, Gomer……HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

56. Smiss says:

I never should of wasted time replying to you, I just realized your a Leaf’s fan.

Funny you like to bash our team so much, yet you guys have no clue what the expression “first round” actually means – that goes for the playoffs, and the draft!

57. punkster says:

Tough call Rob but a very good question. I agree with you on this. Pens.

58. TomNickle says:

The Leafs have more than two full lines worth of players that can’t make an NHL roster.  Your #2 centre Grabasski,  got shipped out of here because he is terrible and still couldn’t crack our lineup.

Oh, and by the way.  I would rather have Subban than Schenn, I would rather have Kristo than Kadri, I would rather have Price, Halak, Desjardins, Simila and Missiaen than THE MONSTER(haha) and I would much rather have Kirk Muller on my bench than Keith Acton.

The Leafs are a bottom feeding organization and this won’t change.  The song is the same every year.  Well, the kids played well in the last 20 games.  We’re gonna be a force to be reckoned with next year.  Next year comes, and you’re trading away your lottery pick.  Wait, you got Phil Kessel though.  Now if you could only find somebody to pass the puck to him you would have two thirds of a decent NHL line.

Brian Burke is too classy for the Leafs organization, they need somebody like Brian Lawton or Bonnie Lindros to run that team.

“Dude-Price is done, get over it.”
    “Price is fighting the puck” – adam76

59. punkster says:

I’m astounded by the comments below referencing Laps as a choice in the SO to either please “the Quebecoise crowd” or as some suggest, because he is French. This is nothing more than manufactured controversy created and fed by those posters here who either love to stir up sh-t or simply know very little about hockey. Laps scored a beautiful, highlight reel breakaway goal. Chances are that had to get in Biron’s head and maybe, just maybe, the coaches felt that was enough to give Laps a shot. Maybe they were wrong, just as they were wrong to use Cammy who is not French and has not scored since his injury. The mind boggles at the lack of reasoning people use here.

PS…I am hardly a Laps supporter and have repeatedly suggested his value the team this year has been almost nil. And I’m not French. And I’m older than most of you. And I’m normally a nice guy.

60. iluvthisgame says:

I too cannot cheer for a Leafs win, so I’m choosing to cheer for a Rangers loss. :)

61. Jeff says:

How’s your ulcers doing?

Stock up on the meds boys, it’s going to be painful!

62. Smiss says:

No need to tell me about stats, I’m an actuary… I probably have more knowledge of statistics than 99.9% of the people on this forum. (sorry for the lack of modesty)

So let’s say we split up the team’s recent performance into 3 sections since the Olympic break :

1) They went something like 7-1-1 after the Olympics

2) Then they went on to lose five of six like you mentioned.

3) They are 2-0-1 in the last 3 games.

So what you’re telling me, is given this whole sample of games the only part of it which you choose to focus on is section 2) and this is representative of how the Habs will do in the future? You’re the glass half-empty kind of guy aren’t you?

63. Jeff says:

You’ve got to break a few eggs to make an omelette!

We’ve got the recipe & the ingredients, the Habs don’t have a kitchen, a cook or a chef ….plus LOSER ingredients.

How’s your Habs cooking lately, do you see a bright future…..like LOSING 4 straight.

64. Habscore says:

Hehe.. just heard a Home Depot pub on CKAC.
    “Ici Carey Price, je vais toujours chez Home Depot”

65. sholi2000.com says:

Hey Ian Cobb

I heard your points on CJAD last night.  I know exactly what you are getting at.

When your team in down and not showing up, then it’s time for the old Dick Irvin to show up.  There are a few great speeches on the movie the Rocket.

However in this day and age you may hurt someone’s feelings.

I’ve heard through the grapevine that when ever the Kostitsyns get picked on they shut down.  That’s just one example.

But in all reality, the last few games the boys should have been ripped new ones after each second period….they just don’t get it.  60 minutes means both ways.

They call me Shane

66. Say Ash says:

Indeed, the letter comes from template. Just change the date, press print and you’re done.

67. Jeff says:

Hey Dog, have you taken your meds today?

You cannot be serious!  It will be short & sweet, get used to it!

Habs winning a series against ANY of these teams…..UNLIKELY!

68. Smiss says:

Yes, but 8 of those 16 teams will make the second round…. which is where the 8/30 comes from.

69. G-Man says:

My dim hope trumps your no hope at all. 43 years and counting….Hahahahahahahhaha! Komisarek at $4.5 mil? Hahahahahha! Giguere at $6mil? Hahahahhahahha!

70. habs001 says:

hey jeff you have a big day coming up on monday…get your scissors out to add to your yearly collection…on monday mlse will be publishing their yearly apology letter in the newspaper…you know the one that says we apologize to the fans for our performance…and missing the playoffs again…but promising that we will do better next year…i have seen this letter year after year….and in a couple of months they will announce ticket prices going up..the leaf lemmings will be happy till december when they are 12 points out of the playoffs…

71. Jeff says:

Just keep your dim hopes alive despite the illusion of a contending team.

How futile it must be to realize the Habs have zero chance at a Cup again?

As stated before, the Leafs are much closer to a Cup than the Habs, the only cup you guys have is the protective kind…Ha! Ha!

How’s your youth movement going?

Oh, it’s a laxative movement that will deliver serious crap for a long time.

72. Say Ash says:

Nope. Biron in the other orange pads.

73. Smiss says:

Yeah, that was a typo. I was thinking about the 3rd round as I was writing it.

74. light_n_tasty says:

Well, it should say “Yes”.