Gionta, Pacioretty skate with Black Aces

Coming off a 3-1 win in Game 2 Friday night to even their first-round playoff series with the Senators, only the players who weren’t in the lineup for the Canadiens skated in Brossard at 1 p.m. Saturday ahead of Game 3 Sunday night in Ottawa (7 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN Radio 690).

Brian Gionta and Max Pacioretty, who missed Game 2 with upper-body injuries, skated with the Black Aces. They are both listed as day-to-day and will make the trip to Ottawa.

The Canadiens headed to Ottawa Saturday afternoon.

(Photo by Pierre Obendrauf/The Gazette)

Habs – and Tinordi – step up in Game 2, by Pat Hickey

Stepping up for Game 3, canadiens.com

Saturday practice video, canadiens.com

Price bounces back as Habs tie series, by Pat Hickey

Canadiens show character, by Pat Hickey

Two-game suspension for Senators’ Gryba, by Pat Hickey

Therrien keeps his cool in wake of MacLean’s comments, by Dave Stubbs

Game 2 photo gallery

Series tied 1-1, NHL.com

Is Habs’ Gallagher the next Martin St. Louis? by Stu Cowan

Why Brandon Prust deserves a big, fat fine, by Ottawa Citizen

Senators should be happy with a split, by Ottawa Citizen

Cherry should visit an NHL dressing room, by Pat Hickey

1. petefleet says:

I hate when all the great stuff in life happens all at once. I’d like things spread out a bit so as to enjoy as much as possible. Friday night was game one of the Presidents Cup here in Halifax and obviously the first game of the playoffs for the Habs. I PVR’d the Habs game and witnessed a dominant win over the Drakkar in person. Halifax is an awesome team. Last night prved to be a little easier choice to make but in the end I missed out on something I would have liked to see. I went to the second game of the President’s Cup and caught the 3rd period of the Laffs game when I got home. It’s not that I wanted to see them win…I wanted very badly to see Boston lose. Every minute of it. Halifax should roll to a sweep of Drakkar and I will not have to make another decision on which game to watch. I do kinda hope Halifax drops one in Quebec so that they can win the cup here but I don’t think they’ll take their foot off the gas.
    Side note but related…Stephan Fornier has had 2 pro camps, PIT and PHI but has not made it. I can’t imagine why. MB should give this guy a look in the fall because he is a gamer. This kid competes every night and has very soft hands. 6’3″ 220lbs of raw talent and he’ll drop the gloves. He also goes to the rough places like the corners and in front of the net where others fear to tread. Go get him MB before someone else does.

******************************************
    I haven’t been wrong in a long time…..not feeling like today is the day.

***Go Habs Go***

• Haberoooo13 says:

I have not seen that kid play, but with the size and attitude you talk about, it would have to be either discipline and/or foot speed the issue(s).

Na Na Na Les Canadiens Les Canadiens

• habstrinifan says:

Agreed! Certainly piques my interest as a HABS fan.

• petefleet says:

Fornier trades places with Marty Frk on the Moose first line (with McKinnon and Drouin) and is regular on the PP 1st unit. He is currently only 3 pts behind Drouin in scoring. Oh yeah, he kill penalties too. I’m no scout but you can’t help but notice this kid when you’re at the game.
        ******************************************
        I haven’t been wrong in a long time…..not feeling like today is the day.

***Go Habs Go***

• Habfan17 says:

I just looked up Fornier, 72 points in 66 games and 100 pims. He may only be a 3rd liner, but with that attitude, his size, and the edge he seems to bring, I’d say he is worth signing, even if he only made the 4th line. The Habs have depth on the right side, but not with his size! Have Prust mentor him!

Habfan17

• petefleet says:

He’s no 3rd liner. Remember you heard it here first. Gotta go, gotta call MB now before a Toronta fan picks up on this.

******************************************
        I haven’t been wrong in a long time…..not feeling like today is the day.

***Go Habs Go***

• Habfan17 says:

I’ll defer to your opinion since I have not seen him play, just checked his stats. With Gallagher and probably Kristo ahead of him I figured he would end up on the 3rd line, unless he could play on the left side.

Habfan17

• petefleet says:

Not to beat this to death, but the kid reminds me of Rick Tocchet. He can do it all. I think the knock on Kristo is his defensive game, which may have improved by now. What Gallagher is doing speaks for its self.
            Go Habs Go….Go Moose Go.

******************************************
            I haven’t been wrong in a long time…..not feeling like today is the day.

***Go Habs Go***

• Danno says:

Stefan Fournier

Worth a look:

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
      Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• scuba says:

Those were two great games at the Metro Center for sure. You like myself have a decision on Tuesday with both the Moose game and the Habs on Tuesday night TV. It probably depends on what happens in game 3 for the Habs for me.

As for Fournier, this guy does it all but that has a lot to do with him being a big 20 year old in junior. That moment last night night where he stuck up for Mackinnon was special and I do think this guy is earning a shot with an NHL team with this playoff perfomance. (hopefully the Habs) But it would definatly only be as a grinding third liner if he ever makes it at all.

——————————————————————————————————–
      I can’t tell if the Habs are great or terrible because sometimes they win and sometimes they lose.

2. Haberoooo13 says:

As it stand, which series is most likely to go 7? Which 4?

I’ll pick StL and LA for 7, and Chi-Min for 4.

Na Na Na Les Canadiens Les Canadiens

3. habstrinifan says:

Players and coaches would risk being driven nuts if they listen to all the analysts and know-it-all from the media.

However if I were involved with the HABS, I would at least run the following observations past the players…maybe not today in the heat of battle, but sometime during a less stressful practice.

1)Patrick Roy and Allaire’s suggestions as to some goaltending hints for Price.
    2) Denis Potvin’s comment as to how P.K would extend his already ample repertoire if when he makes his rushes and gains the offensive zone, he starts adding ‘playmaker’ aspects rather than shooting or putting the puck deep.

Great expert advice given from an utmost respect for each players skills and abilities, in both cases.

4. Phil C says:

Has there been any news on Emelin? I would have thought he would have had surgery by now if he needed it.

5. HUDSONHAB says:

Morning thoughts.
    Although I would love to see the Leafs get destroyed, I think it would be best to see a 7gm series. Hopefully they get crazy physical, banged up and suspended. May the winner be very wounded coming out.

Admittedly I was a bit depressed after gm 1 but after gm 2, I can see how the Habs can win this series and it starts with Price.

Sending out good vibes.
    ….Hab4life….

6. Habfan10912 says:

DET’s Justin Abdelkader will have a telephone hearing with the NHL this afternoon for his hit on ANA’s Tony Lydman last night. I predict 2 games.

• neumann103 says:

Jim,

When I saw the hit I immediately posted that it would be 3 games. I think it should be 5+ but I guess with the hearing not being in person it confirms my expectations that this hit will not get what it deserves.

“Et le but!”

• Marc10 says:

They kind of give the game away when they say ‘phone call’. It’s 1 or 2. 3 would be Shanny going out on a limb…

• RH says:

Read that this morning. Ridiculous. Certainly opens up the whole “if it happens on the ice, it stays on the ice” debate.

My condolences go out to the family.

• habstrinifan says:

I saw this item mentioned on CNN. What a tragedy!

• Habfan10912 says:

Opps, wrong place.

• habstrinifan says:

I think I am revising my description of this as an unfortunate senseless tragedy. I had avoided reading the full details, simply accepting it as a stupid and senseless but nevertheless momentary flash of anger. But the story suggests the player’s behaviour was not ‘unusual’ and also the player ran away even while the referee was still being treated on the field. Shameful.

7. Habfan10912 says:

A Leaf fan knocked out by Bruin thugs last night. In fairness there are several Bruin fans checking on the victim but come on folks, Really? It’s a game. Just a game.

• Clay says:

It is a disgrace…but here was a comment from the comments section that we should all consider when we judge an entire fan base;
      “Guys, don’t base an entire fan base on one a**hole who decided to punch a guy from anger. If anything, base your opinion on all of the Boston fans crowding around trying to protect and help the Leaf fan.

One person does not speak for every fan.”

__________________________
      ☞ “And yet not choice but habit rules the unreflecting herd.” ~ William Wordsworth ☜

• DadidolizedDougHarvey says:

I vacation every year in an area with a lot of people from Boston. I get teased and antagonized a lot by the Bruin fans when I wear my Habs shirt, but it has always been good-natured, and I give as good as I get. This is an isolated incident and the assailant should be punished. Rather sit down and have a beer with a Bruins fan than a Leafs fan any day. They’re obnoxious and funny, rather than smug.

• Habfan10912 says:

Yep. Often after we see the worst of people we get to see the best of people. Similar thing happened to a Ranger fan in Philadelphia last year. Just senseless.

• Habfan10912 says:

Clay, you are so right. We see that there is a small percentage of idiots that visit this site as well but the overwhelming majority are kind, considerate and rabid fans. It’s just sad we can’t feel comfortable going into an arena and cheering for our team without risking such injury. Sad indeed.
        Good morning by the way. i see our friend Lafleurguy called you Loonielike this morning. Did you have a fun night?

• Marc10 says:

A Blackhawks fan was killed in Detroit (outside the Joe) last year… They never caught the guy who did it as far as I know.

8. habstrinifan says:

Good Morning! None of my half-wit predictions came thru. Glad m not a betting man.

• Habfan10912 says:

Me either Trin but you gave us all some reading enjoyment none the less. CHeers bud.

• RH says:

Trini huh? My mother’s from Trinidad. Father’s Guyanese. We were lucky to get to Maracas beach this past December. Last time, the road had been washed out apparently. The kids loved the waves.

• habstrinifan says:

WOW! Cheers Man! Ever heard the one about the Trinidadian gal enjoying herself on Maracas beach when in walked this handsome (Rohan Kanhai look-alike) Guyanese .. well you had to be there. But of course you couldnt have been… yet.

Just having some fun RH. Good to officially meet ya. Enjoy the game and the site tonite.

9. Storman says:

Morning fellow Hab Nutella’s,,,,,,,
    Thought i saw Boone with a very early live blog

Mike Boone was a man. An early playoff morning day fan .
    With a liver like a Frank Gallagher,,although he still neeeds his morning pee.
    Mike Boone was a man. an early live blog fan.
    He was brave, he was the ruler of a very tough HIO breed..

From the coonskin Hab cap on the top of ol Mike to the heel of his rawhide shoe
    The rippin’est roarin’est fightin’est man the Pressbox ever knew.

Mike Boone was a man. A damn nervous playoff fan .
    And he fought for Montreal to make Ottawa sun headline look weak.
    What a Boone. What a wonder. What a dream comer truer was he.

10. Habfan10912 says:

Danny Kristo and the US team take on Latvia at 2:00 on NBCSports (Versus) for those of us in the US.

• Storman says:

After playing first game of season of senior baseball yesterday morning,,went to a nice sports bar on lake Naga Waukee in Delafield Wi got them to put Austria USA game on,, Kristo played well picked up a couple of assists as well..

11. RH says:

Could’ve sworn Boone’s live blog was up. must be my browser….

12. kirkiswork says:

TSN panel is all giddy cause Leafs won last night……makes me sick.

13. Thomas Le Fan says:

I think I could learn to hate these guys as much as the other overpaid husky senators from the Bigger O.

There is no crying in baseball, “i” in team or “chuck” in Galchenyuk.

14. Habfan10912 says:

Much talk in this room about Cherry, PJ Stock, and others who seem to continue to get a free ride. Here is an interesting story about a broadcaster fired from Chicago who’s ride was anything but free. Quite a contrast don’t you think?

15. Danno says:

My Playoff Beard

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

16. Habfan10912 says:

And TSN will rehire this jerk the moment he get’s fired. Tort’s latest:

17. nastyHABit says:

Watched a re-run of Dancing with the Stars instead of the Bruins\Leafs game……More tits,Less boobs!

18. Lafleurguy says:

Na-na-naa-na
    Na-na-naa-na
    Hey-hey-ay
    Goodbye….

Off to play a round of golf; terrible to have to work on a Sunday morning.

“May you live in interesting times.”

19. Maritime Ron says:

There is a lot of chatter about “Payback” and “The Code” concerning Gryba, yet what is the BEST payback, and perhaps even more important, WHEN?

Gryba is a big fella coming in at 6’4”-222, (13 fights in Binghamton in 1 season 2 years ago) and while many will say about a Payback Fight, “It’s not whether you win or lose, but whether you show up” I really have to question that ‘Code Think’ at this specific time of the year.

Is this THE BEST TIME for a Payback Fight – What is to gain, and what can be lost, or can it actually hurt the team in a 1-1 playoff series?

Instead of focusing on WIN, would focusing on Dryba Payback all of a sudden give the Sens a rallying point or unifying force?
    One for all, all for one?

Would the Payback Fight cause us more problems such as additional penalties/game misconducts?
    And what happens emotionally or momentum wise if one of our guys get pummeled in the process?

What would Lars want?
    A win – a series win, or some ill-timed dumb payback fight that could turn the momentum and emotional tide that is now in the Habs favor?

There will be a better time and place for payback.
    Some sleepy exhibition game or some October/November game that is out of hand when just maybe we have some new size that can really take care of business

• neumann103 says:

The hit was not dirty, it was reckless, and the Habs were rightly more offended by McLean’s idiocy than Gryba’s intent. I don’t think there will be much interest in chasing after a 7th defenseman if/when he returns.

Galchenyuk jumped right on him, so from a team building perspective the fact that the youngest kid on the ice who has probably never been in a hockey fight (or if he has, it was at 16) was willing to go with some 6’4″ goon speaks volumes.

Prust’s comments reflected the lack of confidence the team had in the NHL actually taking appropriate action. I expect that that they expected some “hockey play gone wrong” response from Shanny, rather than the “we are going to crack down on dangerous blind side hits to the head regardless of whether they are ‘clean’ ” judgement that occasionally and almost randomly has been deployed.

Of course if he comes back and the Habs have a big lead late in a game and McLean makes the mistake of putting Gryba on the ice I wouldn’t bet against something happening. But I don’t think they will go looking for it.

“Et le but!”

• Maritime Ron says:

Good comment and hope you are right.
        As for Gryba being a typical #7 Dman, when Cowan and Karlsson were out, he was playing + 20 minutes and even when both were back, he was still playing 2nd unit PK minutes although his ToI moved down to the 14 minute range

• neumann103 says:

Yeah, i was exaggerating a bit, but really when they have been healthy he has been the the #6 guy, and his history in the Pros has not really been as anything more than a depth guy

“Et le but!”

• habsguy says:

Im sick and tired of people saying it wasn’t a dirty hit, watch Shannys video, he breaks it down really slow, the first and maybe only part of Ellers body that is hit is his head !!!

• neumann103 says:

Maybe this is semantics of what people mean by “dirty”.

I agree that everyone should see the Shanahan explanation. It addresses exactly what I mean. I really wish the NHL would publish the full transcripts of the Shanny video rulings which would make it easier to explain, instead of having to send people to some videoplayer site that does not support direct links and then and sit through several crappy Bell ads. But anyhow.
          or

This is about recklessness. Eller is eligible to be hit, and they accept in their ruling that Gryba was not malicious. To compare, Justin Abdelkader left his feet and raised his shoulder to target Lydman’s head and should get much more than 2 games. (he probably won’t get more than three but that is another discussion)

This is about trying to educate players under rule 48 that they have a responsibility to execute a legal check without -intentionally or unintentionally – making the head the primary point of contact. This is a real culture change for hockey players, and there need to be repeated examples of punishment where players are told “we know you did not intend this, and it was not ‘dirty’ but you are responsible for the results anyhow and you are suspended”. Players like Scott Stevens made a career of hits like this, which were not illegal until rule 48 was introduced.

I didn’t think the Ryan White hit on Kent Huskins was dirty, but he got 5 games under rule 48. I think that was excessive, but it was going to get something under rule 48, whether he intended it or not and even though Huskins changed his position to make the point of contact much more the head.

Without access to a full transcript I can’t really quote all of the points Shanahan makes in his explanation, but this partial quote covers some of it.

Like you I urge people to look at the full shanny ruling.

“We do not see malicious intent by Gryba on this play,” Brendan Shanahan, the NHL’s senior vice president of hockey operations and player safety, said in a video posted on the league’s website. “Eller is eligible to be checked and Gryba does not extend an elbow or launch into the head.

“However, Gryba’s route is not correct and we do not feel that he makes enough of a full body check for this hit not to qualify as an illegal check to the head. In our view, in attempting this very difficult check, Gryba does not hit squarely enough through the body. Eller’s head is the principle point of contact and the subsequent contact to Eller’s right shoulder is secondary.”

“Et le but!”

• DadidolizedDougHarvey says:

Well , you just convinced me to watch the video, and I agree, everyone should watch it. It’s a clean assessment of the hit, I think.

• Habfan10912 says:

I do agree with Terry that the big payback would be a victory but I suspect the hit won’t be ignored on the ice. The team seemed to play angry the other night. We haven’t seen that from a Montreal team in decades. It was the opposite of the meek response to Chara’s attempted murder on Patches. Another huge step forward.

• Maritime Ron says:

Do you believe that “angry” had something to do with the line-up?
        Maybe a better time for payback will be next year after we sign Montreal born UFA Patrick Bordeleau out of Colorado?
        :-)

• Habfan10912 says:

excellent point, I do think the lineup provided an opportunity for a more physical game but it was players like Bourque, Markov, Diaz who I noticed were noticeably more physical. It really was good to see that they were physical yet still in the confines of the rules of the game.

Bordeleau would look good doing this in a Hab uniform, eh?

• DadidolizedDougHarvey says:

I agree with this one, don’t need a fight. We saw what a whole bunch of attitude and a few choice words could do when White went after Latenderness the other night at the end of the game. Chase him, antagonize him, chastize him, make fun of his haircut, make fun of his hometown, tell him he smells…get in his face, just don’t swing at it. Just win the game.

20. Lafleurguy says:

Thanks Clay for covering the nightshift for Loonie. :-)
    My posting style quickly changed in the first few weeks I got on this site because when some in-depth (non-superficial), respectful candid expression of opinion goes against the grain, F-bombs are often fired back, and the respectful posture is blown apart. Yet, many of us continue to bear that respectful posture.

By the way, very good synopsis of what major news delivery role the CBC plays. Some folks need to be lead by the hand to the phenomenon of Fox News and Al-Jazeera (sp.).

Cheers Bud, and in the words of the loveable Jimmy Durante, “Good Night Mabel, wherever you are!” (or was it Alice?)

“May you live in interesting times.”

21. Cal says:

Good morning, everyone. Less than 12 hours to go!
    Woot! Woot!

22. Danno says:

When we last left off, the Canadiens had kicked some ass. Senators ass.
    On The Verge Of Game Three

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

23. Maritime Ron says:

Do not know if it was mentioned earlier, but Lars Eller’s dad Olaf is reporting that the headaches Lars was experiencing have stopped and he will be further evaluated today by team doctors.

• Clay says:

Great news. I don’t expect him back for this playoff run regardless, but this is good for his long-term health. I really hope he doesn’t have a (serious) concussion.

• Maritime Ron says:

The very best we could hope is that first, he regains all of his health – second, he is ready for training camp in September and doesn’t lose that confident swagger he was starting to play with this year.

• TheKarl says:

I keep checking blogs in Denmark and apparently…. his dad told a sports channel in Denmark (when they were showing a WC game) that Lars hopes to be back on a bike soon ?!?!

I’ll keep checking for updates but that sounds amazing. Again, this is just danish blogs mentioning what his dad said to TV so i have no clue how true this is

• TheKarl says:

and spot on Ron – first and foremost hoping for a full recovery and return to form for training camp, health is the most important thing.

Absolutely Ron.
          Unless Patches gave him some of his super voodoo-Wolverine healing powers. In that case, we’ll see him in game 4.

24. PeterD says:

God I hate the Leafs and Bruins so much.
    Is it possible for both to lose their series??

• Clay says:

In a manner of speaking it is; one team loses the series, while the other is too tired and beat up to compete in round 2, and thus gets swept.

25. Marc10 says:

Justin Abdelkader… What a complete cretin.

That’s going to be 5 for sure. Hits a guy in a vulnerable position, makes contact with the head and leaves his feet while doing all that…

Should really be 20, but let’s not kid ourselves… Of course Shanysham was a Red Wing once, so he might get a Motown discount.

• neumann103 says:

As soon as I saw the hit last night I posted that he will get three games. It really should be more, because of all that you mention, but I lack confidence that the appropriate penalty will be assessed.

“Et le but!”

• Marc10 says:

I decided to take a peak at what the Red Wing fans think of it on Kuklas Korner… And as you would expect… they thought it was clean. He still had his feet on the ice, the point of contact was shoulder to shoulder… It was a legal hit, within the rules, etc, etc.

Sometimes I think fans would see a guy pulling out a sawed off shotgun and firing point blank into an opponent as ‘part of the game’ or ‘a hockey play’.

I’ll say it again… Someone is going to die soon. You can blame the equipment if you like or the size and speed of the guys out there, but we’re getting closer to D day. I mean Lars was just disfigured trying to get out of the zone.

Personally, I’d force guys to play the puck first every time. If you’re talented enough to get the puck first and then drill the guy, well then sure (with the exception of the head of course…)

And I’d like to see the offender’s team get fined $50K for every game missed by the injured player if it’s a dirty hit. That ought to tone things down…

Wow! Cold medication sure is strong these days… Best get my beauty sleep before the big show down with the Huskie bug-eyed Walrus and his minions…

26. Marc10 says:

Watched the Leafs-Bruins game with a couple of teammates who are Leaf Fans.

Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I was so bored watching that game. Both teams had very little forecheck compared to the hitting gallery put on by the Habs yesterday. It was like they were skating in molasses.

If the Leafs can keep Chara off his game (which they seem to be doing), they’ll probably push this to 6. Bergeron was invisible and Phaneuf seemed to go out of his way not to wake up the sleeping Bear.

Incidentally, May the 4th be with you to all geeks out there. Go Habs Go!

• ffenliv says:

The quality of a game and its entertainment value is, as you say, really in the eye of the beholder.

I know from experience that (scoreline aside) I could watch the Habs play the most defensively boring, offensively unimaginative game, and still be glued to the TV.

Put me in front of a similar game starring a team I’ve got no interest in (or even hate!) and I’m just so. facking. bored.

27. AceMagnum says:

Habs Kings final. Please let it be 93 again…

28. DickandDanny says:

Great game played by the boys in game two. They actually achieved the result they should have obtained in game one. Difference was Price. Hope that the Price is Right continues through this round and the rest of the play-offs. A Great show to watch when it’s on. They can play and skate with anyone, they just need that solid goaltending behind them.

\”A cannonading blast from the wing, by Lafleur\”

29. Clay says:

Quick – last 23 playoff games played, has let in 2 goals or less in 21 of them. That’s incredible.

• Harditya says:

True playoff goaltender.

• makka83 says:

No softies at all. Especially in games #1 and #2 of this series… ;)

• Clay says:

Did you actually have a point? In both of those losses, he still only let in two goals. That’s called giving your team a chance to win. Every goalie lets in a bad goal occasionally. The key is not to do it very often. He doesn’t.

• makka83 says:

Was teasing. But to put it simply, he cost his team both games with lack of concentration…
          Not saying his a bad goalie but he wasted his team’s good performance with two avoidable (soft) goals.

• Clay says:

…says the person who never (ever!) thinks his teams goalie is responsible for a bad goal or a loss. That’s rich! :D

• makka83 says:

Ah, you see the irony of your post.. eh :)
            Mentioning Quick’s impressive stat without saying that he cost his team games #1 and #2 with soft goals are terrible times. ironic considering what you say about Price, no? :D
            What is even more funny is now you are making stuff up about me…

• Clay says:

No irony here Andre – and I made nothing up about you. You always feel the need to make everything about Price, even when the subject is another goalie and team. Case in point; look at this thread. Now if you have nothing but provocations to add, please go on your way, and I will go on mine.
            Or, if you actually want to get into a realistic discussion about the type of goaltending Quick has provided his team (the type it takes to win Lord Stanley’s cup), then by all means, let’s have a respectful conversation.
            And let’s be factual here. When Price played like crap (see game 1), I called it like it was. Likewise, I said he played great in game 2. And I’ve never had a problem with the occasional bad goal. Just multiple ones.

30. habs_54321 says:

what a war between los angeles and st louis

• Chilly Willy says:

That Quick is great!

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

• Clay says:

Great game and series so far.

• Seps says:

Do the Habs even stand a chance against the Kings… I have a tough time believing they would, I’d rather play any other team from the West.

• Clay says:

They have yet to take out the Blues…down 2-1 in the series. Quick is playing great though. That’s the only scary part to me.

• Seps says:

I see a deep team, physical, physically big, awesome goaltending. I think they will end up coming out of the West, if not them it’ll be St Louis, but I agree series is far from over.

The only way I see us beating the Kings is Price getting 4 shutouts since the margin for error to out-goaltend Quick in the playoffs is so small. I don’t know if we could outplay them… However I’d love to see us be able to try.

• Marc10 says:

I think Patrick Kane will ultimately be the kryptonite that does Super Quick in… Assuming they make it past the Blues of course.

• makka83 says:

Quick is playing great. Too bad about the 2 critical mistakes in the first two games. Switch goalies for the first two games and the Series is 3-0 LA. :p

31. habs1992 says:

I can honestly say i fell asleep during the leafs bruins game, it has been a really boring series so far slow pace boring hockey, not just no fighting but really no hitting or any real rough stuff, there has only been 2 fights at the end of the game but nothing to crazy

I support Carey Price

32. Chilly Willy says:

Clay, Mods don’t edit posts, they delete them! Now you be a good boy and mind your own bee’s wax!

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

33. Seps says:

I think Clay tries to start more fights on this site than I’ve seen in both Leaf games combined so far.

On another note, both teams (Laffs-B’s) are confused as to why it’s game three on Monday since they both forgot to show up to one.

34. Sportfan says:

Ryan WHite Trolling! http://www.montrealmemes.com/ryan-white-trolling-the-sens

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

35. Habs fans, I am putting together donations to adopt Prust a walrus.. you can read all about it –> http://bgally.com/wp/?page_id=740 .
    Anything helps! Deadline is Tuesday, May 7th at noon EST!
    The remaining $ will be given to the Habs Foundation.
    Thanks!
    GO HABS GO!

- A

36. Skeptical - 25 says:

I honestly don’t think the HABS will beat OTTAWA for the series. I think OTTAWA wins in 6-7 Games …..

• habs1992 says:

well we have dominated them that last 2 games, and if a series goes 7 games that means any team can win

I support Carey Price

• Clay says:

For some reason I’m somewhat skeptical of your opinion…

• winnipeg hab fan says:

You should consider changing your avatar or your perspective.

• Skeptical - 25 says:

Winnipeg Hab – You should never try to BS yourself. At the same time I hope I’m wrong. I will always be a Habs Fan. But I don’t BS myself. The Avatar stays. unlike a lot of fans. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it and eat crow.

• winnipeg hab fan says:

Skeptical – I have to wonder what kind of an effort ‘your’ team would have to put on the ice to cause you to be Optimistic – 25.

• The Jackal says:

Be ready to eat crow then, put the oven on or the grill or whatever on standby, because the Habs got this series.

______________________
          Hockey sine stercore tauri.

• DickandDanny says:

Your opinion is based on what ? Tarot cards, weather charts, biometric pressure changes, stock market fluctuations. Stay off the site troll, we don’t need any nay sayers on here. Predictions are for Lawyers and broadcasters anyways. Hockey fans, true supporters of their team always believe that their team will win. Obvioulsy your neither a fan or supporter.

\”A cannonading blast from the wing, by Lafleur\”

37. Clay says:

Why on earth is the word ‘B A N N E D’ actually B A N N E D on HIO? Seriously, try typing it without the spaces. Weird.

38. Bim says:

According to HNIC tonite Gionta is done for the year with an apparent arm injury that will require surgery. I see in this column that he is skating with the black aces and is listed as day to day. What? Someone get bad info?

• Mattyleg says:

Why.
      Why oh why would you listen to HNIC for credible information?
      It’s a joke station.

Sadly, because we pay for it with our taxes, the joke’s on us.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Clay says:

You are confusing the hockey broadcast with the station itself. The station is useful, their hockey broadcast is not.

• Mattyleg says:

Hmm…
          Which do you prefer: Heartlands or Little Mosque on the Prairie?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Chilly Willy says:

BAH HAH

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

The news.

• Mattyleg says:

I used to love the CBC, but apart from The Nature of Things, they produce nothing of any worth, and their programming mostly consists of Coronation Street and the painful Murdoch Mysteries.

I love CBC radio, however, and their news is okay. Though I don’t watch it much. Read it online.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Clay says:

We need an independent news source though – one that’s not owned by corporate interests. This is why the CBC has always been (and I hope will remain) important. Especially with our very adept and corporate owned propagandists in power.

• winnipeg hab fan says:

tax funded and independant? Hmmm.

• Clay says:

Yes, tax funded and independent. As in it’s owned by all of us, instead of the multinational corporations. This isn’t a difficult concept to understand.

• winnipeg hab fan says:

difficult no. naive more than a little.

• Clay says:

Interesting perspective. You just keep getting news from your corporate masters then. I’m sure they have nothing but your best interests at heart.

39. Whatever says:

Jonathon Quick certainly chose the right profession. Wouldn’t have lasted long as a porn actor.

40. Mattyleg says:

Heh heh.

I see that there are people on here who are unpleasantly surprised that the Booboos and Lalas series isn’t a hard-hitting affair punctuated by truculent toughness.

As I said at the beginning, it won’t be. It’ll be boring as hell, much like their season series was. Two teams of bullies who look real tough against smaller teams but don’t have the stones to stand up to people their own size.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

41. habs-hampton says:

After the Habs finish off the Sens in Game 5, Diaz should skate over to the Sens bench, introduce himself to that fat guy who stands behind their bench, and wish him a nice summer. Then the rest of the team should do the same thing one at a time.

Lol, nice :D

• Chilly Willy says:

You mean the Fat Bug Eyed Walrus fella?

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

• trennyl says:

Oops–you mean–bugged eyed fat walrus. As rude and non PC as that shot was, everyone, Hab fan or not would know exactly which coach Prust was talking about. Glad there was no filter on his mouth for that sound bite–great to hear such emotion.

42. Chilly Willy says:

I turn on CTY TV to watch the news & what do I see right off the bat? Fans going apesh!t over their first playoff win in 9 years.

Throw up in my mouth!

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

43. otter649 says:

BJ Stock looked a little pissed off that a journalist Elliotte Freidman
    explained Boston & Toronto ice time minutes distribution instead of someone who actually played the game. But do not think Stock could of explain the web site & what it can do better than EF…….

- Stanley come home…..

44. jols101 says:

Do reporters that cover NHL teams just listen to the coaches daily presser and then tweet what they said? Or do they actually do any investigating? Take the equipment manager for a steak dinner and find out what is going on with all these cryptic injuries or something along these lines.
    Any news these reporters report is the exact same info anyone can get by listening to the daily pressers. These guys must have contacts that can shed more light on what is actually going on. I mean isn’t that what reporters are suppose to do?

• Clay says:

You’re thinking of an investigative journalist. Reporters are much like the propaganda delivery system for the team. If they go outside of the loop, they fear ‘losing access to the room’. :roll:
      Lol, like they need room access to report what they do…

• Mark C says:

Why would Habs employees give out player injury details, especially during the playoffs?

• jols101 says:

Because people want to know. You think it will make any difference. This absurd need for secrecy is pathetic.

• Mark C says:

It makes no sense to put a target on a body part when a player will be returning at less than 100%. In the end it may not matter, but it’s the playoffs and every advantage must be taken. Furthermore why would a co-worker and perhaps friend want to allow the other team to know exactly what is wrong with a player. Do you really think the equipment manager wants Chris Neil to know Max has a grade 1 shoulder strain? Think about it.

45. Chilly Willy says:

What, you can’t say gasism?

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

• Clay says:

Trying to get kicked out for the 1654th time, Priceberg?

• Chilly Willy says:

What?

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

:roll:
          Sure tough guy.

• Chilly Willy says:

What?

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

• Clay says:

And Priceberg comes with another known account. So pathetic Priceberg/willy/small town boy/all your other aliases.
            You fool no one. You also scare no one.

• Chilly Willy says:

What?

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

• Clay says:

Lol, cheers to the mod job done on Priceberg here. Makes all my comments look strange, but whatever :)

• Small_Town_Boy says:

I would pay to see you kick his a$$ Willy!

What happened?

Dat’s wha me tinks

hi Priceberg!

• Curtis O Habs says:

…. origasm, giorasm , rasmiog and asimorg are all out of bounds.

Could leafs-bruins series be any more boring? And no one is seriously injured yet. That’s a major disappointment for me.

• 1010 says:

Said the same thing to the wife half way through the second. Refs had to invent the first two penalties to Boston to add some drama. Two leafs fall down and off go rat boy and chara. It was brutal to watch. And to close for any real blood a t the end. SIGH!

• WindsorHab-10 says:

Don’t care who wins this series but hoping to see broken bones, separated shoulders, torn acl’s & concussions. Lets not forget embellishment.

47. Whatever says:

Hope Halak plays well.

48. Storman says:

Did anyone else just here Cherry describing van riemsdyk’s goal as vanbiesbrouck great goal, lololo was hilarious

49. WindsorHab-10 says:

Someone just told me that CBC announced that Gionta requires surgery. Any truth to that as I missed tonight’s game.

50. Whatever says:

Can’t anyone in the media ask a coach like Julien what was accomplished putting Thorton on the ice solely to fight in the last few seconds of a lost game? Is Larry Brooks the only reporter to not lob softballs at the coach?

51. Mavid says:

Leafs won their first playoff game in 9 years wow..that was some spiffy goal..

52. Danno says:

A long, hard, punishing series please

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

53. Chilly Willy says:

Rebound Reimer. 99% of his saves have juicy rebounds.

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

• Bryant Mac Lean says:

the reason Prust didn’t get fined for his remarks about Paul Mac Lean was the remark was with-in reason considering how much he does look like a bug-eyed fat Walrus!

Bryant Mac Lean

54. Habsbill24 says:

Typical Boston Bruins class. Shawn Thornton goons it up at 19:59 of the third period in the Bruins loss. Too bad he couldn’t have played some hockey earlier in the game.

55. Danno says:

Not enough fighting

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

56. Whatever says:

Classy.

57. Storman says:

My face hurts after that fight

58. The Jackal says:

Jagr screwed up majorly, the Bruins had the Leafs right where they wanted them until then, it looked like they were about to tie it up. Jagr… oh boy…

______________________
    Hockey sine stercore tauri.

59. Whatever says:

Montreal can beat both of these teams, at the same time.

60. Habfan10912 says:

Ducks look to take a 2-1 series lead. Leading Wings 3-0 mid third.

61. Storman says:

Is it possible for Glenn Healy to make it more obvious he is a major Leaf fan

62. BrianSkrudland says:

That was a pretty goal. Gotta give then credit.

——–
    Daily recommendations for May 4
    Song of the Day: Howlin’ For You (The Black Keys)
    Movie of the Day: Reign Over Me

Haha, Healy starts singing praises for the great depth of having Jagr and he gives away puck and ends up being a goal.

Jagr is washed up.

64. Clay says:

HUGE goal.

__________________________

Leafs are lost in their own zone. Sure feels like Boston will tie game. Perhaps a quadruple OT game would help these teams? ;-)

66. donmarco says:

Nonis. Priceless.

67. SmartDog says:

Laffs up 3-1! Awesome!

That feels weird!

But I have decided I want the Laffs to win this round. Because:
    1. The Laffs suck, but when it comes to scum, Bruins are #1.
    2. The Laffs are Canadian.
    3. I would like to see a Hab-Laff match-up.

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

68. Bill says:

@storman: same. Had to open the second bottle early in the third, bad move but it’s the playoffs.

69. mrhabby says:

The Healy jinx.

70. Storman says:

I drank so much after last night’s game. I spent a little time this morning talking into the big white telephone to Johnny Boychuk, Valeri Zelepukin, and Darren Puppa

71. Clay says:

…and we have us a game.

72. H.Upmann says:

here comes the Leaf implosion

73. CHicoHab says:

If they are grooming PJ to take over for Cherry the segment will be called Roaches Corner