Gio. Cammy, Gomer rest; Marky works overtime

Michael Cammalleri, Brian Gionta and Scott Gomez all took a pass on the morning skater today. There was  no explanation for their absence but all three are scheduled to play against the Islanders and presumably they were saving their strength.

Defenceman Andrei Markov participated in the skate but also hit the ice an hour before his teammates to work with assistant coach Perry Pearn. Markov is expected to return to the lineup on the weekend. Most reports have him back for Saturday’s home game against the Florida Panthers but I believe Friday’s game on Long Island is more likely.

Carey Price gets his ninth cosecutive start while Dwayne Roloson gets the nod for the Islanders. He was brought in as the backup but he has played better than Rick DiPietro. Roloson is 2-1-0 with a 1.65 goals-against average and .942 save percentage. DiPietro is 2-1-2 with a 3.32 GAA and an .882 save percentage.  Don’t look for defenceman Bruno Gervais tonight. The Longueuil native is expected to be a healthy scratch.

1. jimmy shaker says:

Again, I disagree with your view on MAB “Laziness” but yes we will definitely get a boost from Marky’s presence out there.  I’ll give PG 3 games before he makes a move for MAB if the PP still flounders.  Also, with Hammers age and contract being up at the end of the year, getting rid of his 5 mill contract sooner than later is very advantageous for the team.  I’d get rid of spacek too if I could but he’s still locked up for another year, believe me.

2. SeriousFan09 says:

Or the NHL remembers what it took last season to confound MAB, exert a minute amount of physical force on him on the point so he shrivels up like a raisin or just clear the puck past him at a speed exceeding 8 miles an hour.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

3. jimmy shaker says:

AM79 + MAB 100MPH howitzer one timer from the point on the PP = instant offense and PP resurrection from the bottom of the league to the top, AGAIN!  Take em both!

4. mike g says:

MAB paired with Spacek?

I just barfed all over my desk just thinking about the turnovers and odd-man rushes.

Andrei Markov is back, no need to bring in “MAB I’ll score a goal tonight to cancel-out my 15 mistakes”.

No, no, no.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

5. SeriousFan09 says:

There are two things I always think about MAB on the PP. One is his wind-up and shot, the other is the countless times the puck just goes by him because he doesn’t bother skating for it or can’t be in position to stop it. You want a PP boost, wait a few more days for Andrei Markov to get back and partner with Subban.

We don’t need to make our back end even smaller by losing Hamrlik and he’s been better than Spacek.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

6. jimmy shaker says:

Yes O’Byrne has been useless but he’s basically an NHLer now.  I wouldn’t mind sending him down to get some major minutes but the habs don’t see him as a bulldog.  Picard on the other hand has primarily played in the AHL so it will be easier for him to go down vs O’Byrne, plus I’m not sure how the waiver thing would work for O’Byrne.  But again to your point of MAB being lazy, I don’t see it and believe your wrong……I totally agree he has his horrible brain cramps probably once a game, but I think his hussle/heart is where it needs to be.  Plus the money saved and goal production/PP help vs Hammer is a way better scenario then keeping Hammer and his huge salary, old legs and miniscual offensive help in my opinion!  MAB is the ticket to our cap relief and PP woes!

7. Storm Man says:

I have to say pass on MAB Jimmy, Sorry I know you think he has mad skills, AM79 is back this weekend

8. SeriousFan09 says:

Except OB has been useless in the ice time he’s gotten and Picard has been better, MAB is a nightmare we don’t need either. Pathetic defencemen with no size, defensive awareness and is lazy when mans the points, puck skips by him when he works the point if it isn’t a tape to tape pass onto his stick, just dribbles by him as he lazily reaches for it.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

9. jimmy shaker says:

MAB about another week away from being cleared from the doctors.  Sign him, bury Hammer in the minors so we can have about 4+ mill come off the books or trade him for a draft pick or bag of pucks.

Markov/Subban

Gill/Gorges

MAB/Spacek & O’Byrne as the 7th with Picard back to hamilton

Now that’s a beautiful D roster.

10. Say Ash says:

I didn’t say nuthin’

11. Storm Man says:

So you’re saying AK46 has the Rizzuto family on speed dial?

12. Bryan says:

I agree.  I’ve seen this exact post 3-4 times today.  It’s a good post, but it doesn’t need to be repeated this many times.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

13. SeriousFan09 says:

From the KHL:

Wasn’t a particularly good day for Alexei Emelin, Ak Bars Kazan dropped a 5-2 game and he was a -2 on the stat sheet with no points.

Karri Ramo was scratched for Avangard Omsk despite winning his last 4 games and only allowing 3 goals in those games, Omsk lost the match 3-1.

Maxim Trunev’s still doing the shuffle that Avtsin and he did last season in the KHL, he has 2A in 11GP for Severstal Cherepovets between their top club and then gets sent to their lower-league MHL team. He has 1G, 4A in the MHL in 6GP this season but keeps shuttling between both and only getting 4th-line minutes in the KHL I imagine. He should consider coming to NA for real ice time.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

14. krob1000 says:

Why weren’t the three Mouseketeers at practice? the fourth was…and he is arguably the best and hardest worked thus far

15. Mattyleg says:

…I don’t understand this at all.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

16. Say Ash says:

Ah, I see, you put the same post in four different places.

17. RJB says:

I disagree, I enjoy the rosters that are put up each time we play a new opponent. Very interesting! Thanks for putting in the effort!!

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    – Bilbo Baggins

18. HFX-HabFan says:

Me too.  I’d rather have him in over Darche.

19. krob1000 says:

Hickey made an honest mistake folks no need to panic….he was at ice level and because the boards at the Bell are nearly 4 feet high ……. Boone confirmed it….he followed a trail of gold chards and found the three of them huddled together in a little room beside the locker room wher a sign read  “All for three and three for all! Get lost D’Artagnan” .  Outside the room vas a visibly shaken Pleks.

20. Mattyleg says:

I want to see Dustin Boyd!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

21. HFX-HabFan says:

How so?  It’s a different team each time we play.

22. Say Ash says:

Seriously, dude. It’s becoming spam.

23. Say Ash says:

Gainey has Kostitsyn make one phone call and everything is taken care of like nothing ever happened.

24. krob1000 says:

like a mother puck and her little pucklings following behind…..or hand in hand in hand in hand calling “red rover, red rover”?

25. HFX-HabFan says:

Since we’re up against the Isles tonight, here is a roster you may find interesting- it’s comprised of NHLers who made their league debut in an Islanders uniform.  Consider:

Niederreiter-Tavares-Okposo

Bertuzzi-Connolly-Hunter

Torres-Bailey-Comeau

Tay Pyatt-Nielsen-Godard

Bergenheim

Chara-McCabe

Brewer-Martinek

Campoli-Strudwick

Hillen

Luongo

DiPietro

Total cost: $54.51mil, or $4.8mil under the cap.  Having Luongo in nets and Chara, McCabe and Brewer on the backline certainly wouldn’t hurt today’s version of the Isles.  And yet somehow CBC, NBC, and NESN all see Mike Milbury as an “expert” analyst.

26. HabsFan90 says:

Why is Gomez and Gionta resting? Shouldn’t they be amping up their game?

MAybe Bob Gayney taking them for a walk along St Laurent river

28. Say Ash says:

Post of the day, right there, folks.

29. samTHEman says:

Price gets his 2nd shutout tonight.

10 bucks says “say ass” comes and gives his negative 2 cents. surprise surprise

30. JD_ says:

Effin’ Markov intentionally skippin’ a back-to-backer to rest up for the Sochi Games in 2014.

What a bastard.

31. krob1000 says:

Gomer, Gio and Gomez rest….that is odd….no? Gill, Spacek and Hammer….no rest …but Cammi, Gio and Gomer rest…I just find that strange.  Maybe they are doing some sort of promo thing? Are the three of them planning on playing in Miami together…..they did that to come here you know (gomez is the ringleader…where will you be for “the decsision” part two in a fw years..start planning)? I find that to be an odd group to be resting….when there were two days between games…and they practised yesterday?

32. ColRouléBleu says:

“Defenceman Andrei Markov participated in the skate but also hit the ice
    an hour before his teammates to work with assistant coach Perry Pearn.
    Markov is expected to return to the lineup on the weekend. Most reports
    have him back for Saturday’s home game against the Florida Panthers but I
    believe Friday’s game on Long Island is more likely
    .”

What makes you say that?  Is this because it would be a repeat from last season when he returned?  I would find it strange that a player who was sidelined for so long comes back on the first of back to back games.  Then again stranger things have happened.

33. Thomas says:

Love it!  I can’t wait to see Eller start getting some points, this kid seems to be on the verge of big things.  Every time he’s on the ice he is hussleing ass off!

Can’t wait to see Subban start potting some points to compliment his great defensive, yet chancy play!

Go Habs Go!!

34. rocketsglare says:

I have a good feeling tonight that Cammalleri, Gionta, and Gomez are going to light it up.

The PP is finally going to produce and Price is going to have another solid performance as

the team wins their 6th game and 3rd in a row. I can feel it.

35. Kramby says:

I’m really looking forward to tonights game, It’s in english. I really don’t speak french but I’m usually watching the games on RDS.

Gio and Gomer gotta find a way to get going. If they can start to produce like A.K., Cammi, and Pleks were laughing.

Go Habs Go.

36. Kramby says:

Go Habs Go.

37. bertuzzisucks says:

I agree, Hammer has been plain awful now for almost 11 months. He was terrible in the playoffs and to start this year. With the money he makes it must be the 3nd worst contract in the NHL, next to Redden and Scott Gomez.

Are you going to bark all day little doggy?
    Or are you going to bite?

38. dhenry1234 says:

And who might this missing piece of the puzzle, amazing winger that we get for dumping hammer to bring back bergeron?

39. dhenry1234 says:

We don’t need bergeron. Hammer’s D was still better than Bergeron’s D. If you remember correctly during the Pit series bergeron was getting only about 5 minutes a game and pretty much only on the PP. We have his replacement in the form of PK Subban. And once Markov returns our D will be complete. Bergeron’s offense from the back end is definitely not worth his brain cramps that tend to happen every shift.

GO HABS GO

40. samTHEman says:

I’m not too worried about our PP either. It’s a work in progress even though dead last in the league. Pittsburgh had a relatively long period where their PP was not functioning at all….with Malkin, Crosby, Staal…Gonchar was injured. They got out of it eventually and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs…….everyone knows what happened next :)

41. fbkj says:

dont get me wrong i wish he was the hammer of 5-6 years ago as well, but he is on his last year so his contract, to me, is what it is… lets just see what markov does

42. jimmy shaker says:

Pretty much since hammer sucked in the playoffs last year is when I turned on him, and the fact he can’t get a puck to the net from the point or raise the puck for that matter.  Also his 5mill contract killing us and the cap piss me off as well.  If he was only at 2 to 2.5mill it woudn’t sting as bad.  So for the money he makes and the lack of offense or defense on this aging guy, I do want him off the team in favor of MAB.  If MAB was making large cash, then I wouldn’t even make an arguement.  But MAB making 750k vs Hammers 5mill, is a no brainer to me.  I do like MAB more than hammer, but I think my opinon is justified by what I’ve stated above.

43. jimmy shaker says:

What were MAB’s +/- throughout his career?  I still disagree with your opinion on him and his defensive abilities.  And the 3rd pairing doesn’t play much more than 15 minutes anyways…..especially with Marky/PK, Gorges and GIll eating up the majority of the minutes.  MAB’s minutes would be about 12-14minutes with about 4-5 of those minutes coming on the PP.

Yes McGuire is a jabroni…..I can’t wait to here him tonight!

44. fbkj says:

spacek, yeah hes been brutal and hamrlik had his moments but they have  better +/- thus far then gill and gorges

i think you are being a tad cognitively dissonant and harping on hammer for no other reason than wanting mab in the lineup, no offence

45. Mothstoflame says:

I bet the other 29 teams are fighting over MAB right now….

46. jimmy shaker says:

7 games does not make a season.  But I am happy with the play overall.  I’ll sit on fence right now, but if things do turn south, during the season, and the PP is still very very bad, then I hope PG pulls the trigger and signs MAB.  He’s finishing his rehab right now and I think most if not all the GM’s in the league see things (serious fan and your way) on MAB.  They are scared of his d-skills, and don’t want to take a chance on him.  But with our cap situation and Hammer’s play and contract….I’d rather have MAB…..I know basically no-one agrees here, but that’s cool anyhow!  Hope we get the win tonight, bottom line.

47. SeriousFan09 says:

20th in 2005-2006

27th in 2006-2007

9th in 2007-2008

18th in 2008-2009

30th in 2009-10

The one time the team truly was bottom (last 5) anad squeaked into the playoffs was last season. Here’s the thing though. MTL could use a good PP certainly but here’s the thing, why do you need more PPGs and ES scoring? Because you are being scored with more regularity due to pitiful defence and you can’t control the transition game because 1 or more of your defencemen is killing the momentum of your shifts. We trot MAB out there we’re giving up more ES GA than we’re going to get in PPGs from MAB. We can’t afford to have a 12-minute defencemen, it’s bad hockey.

Mcguire takes a dump on the Habs every time he thinks he can make a point about how he saw a problem coming and no one else did when most analysts could say they’ll have problems with a smaller roster.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

48. jimmy shaker says:

The corks might hit the players/coaching staff in the eye after boucing back off the wall after they hear the money we saved and the potential big time winger we get coming back to us with the shedding of hammers bloated contract!

49. fbkj says:

well, luckilly were top 8 worthy thus far

50. jimmy shaker says:

I had a feeling you’d be quick on those stats.  But where were they compared to the other teams in the league year in and year out?  I was just going with the king of all commentators McGuire, stating time after time the habs are in the bottom of the league in 5 v 5 scoring, and because of how they are built (undersized) their PP has to be top 3 to be competitive and top 8 worthy.

51. jimmy shaker says:

And how was Hammer’s defensive play in the playoffs last year?  Absolutely atrocious!   And seeing how we have Gill/Gorges as our Defensive D-man and also since Spacek was supposed to help the offense, but since he came hear has turned into a non factor offensively as well…..we need a little bit more offense from the back end.  And with MAB’s price tage, he would be a perfect fit again.  Plus, his d-skills are decent to sup bar, not as bad as Hammer for the price he costs the team.  I mean MAB was the only D-man on the habs that put OVechkin on his arce last year.

52. SamB says:

MAB might give you 13 PP goals in a season, but he’ll be on the ice for a lot more of the opposition’s goals. What I mean is if you replace Hammer with MAB, you won’t be winning games 2-1, but you could be losing those same games 4-3. I don’t like that trade-off

I have no problem with our PP not working right now, we’re missing our QB in Markov. Just like in Football, not much happens on Offense without a good QB. We’re better 5v5 and defensively this year and I think thats more important than a powerful slapshot.

53. SeriousFan09 says:

MTL scored 134 ES goals in 05-06.

MTL scored 122 ES goals in 06-07.

MTL scored 148 ES goals in 07-08.

MTL scored 145 ES goals in 08-09.

MTL scored 132 ES goals last season.

So far this season, MTL is scoring 2 ES goals per game on average which would mean towards the end of the season they will have scored 164 ES goals. 08-09 and 09-10 the team battled constant injury with many scoring forwards as well. 2006-2007 was the worst ES scoring season for the Canadiens post-lockout. Don’t bring guesses to a stat-fight.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

54. jimmy shaker says:

I think your ratio is a bit off, but he’ll play on the 3rd pairing of the D and probably only see 12 -14 minutes a game.  No one has signed him because he’s still rehabbing his knee.  And yes more managers are afraid of his D zone abilities and aren’t willing to take a chance on him.  But I liked Bob’s move last year and would love to see PG do the same.  I’m 99% sure it won’t happen……but I’d like to see MAB here vs Hammer!

55. jimmy shaker says:

Yes the PP was number 1 but the 5v5 goal scoring was alot better then, then where it’s been the last 2 years.  This team is not a team that scores 5 v 5, their bread and butter is the PP.  The PP is how the habs in my opinion were able to win enough games to get into the dance last year.  And in such a league now where the stripes give away PP’s like nothing, your PP better be going.  I’m in favor and waiting to see what Marky can do, but I hope PG doesn’t wait too long.

56. mike g says:

You think it’s that easy to fix a PP?…

If MAB is the miracle solution to fix all PP problems, why hasn’t anyone signed this messiah?

Oh yea, that’s right, because he scores 13 goals but gives up 53.

That’s a -40 differential.

Sure, he’ll help PP but what about everything else?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

57. SeriousFan09 says:

Once a game brain cramp? Try once per shift.

The position is called defence hence you are expected to do well in that particular area of the game. Hamrlik’s offence has faded far from his prime years but you know what? I’ll take his lack of PP production in exchange for him not playing bantam-level defence in the NHL like MAB does.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

58. jimmy shaker says:

The universe known as reality (Earth).  Younger, more offense, 4.5 mill less of a cap hit.  Instant offense.  Instant help on the PP, bringing it to top 3 again in the league.  Yes the once a game brain cramp, but Hammer is just as awful on most nights too, but at least with MAB we have the offensive potential to make up for his mistakes….I don’t think hammer would even scare a bantam goalie the way he shoots the puck or lack of it, or the fact he can’t raise the puck off of the ice or get a shot through from the point.  THat’s enough for me.

59. SeriousFan09 says:

Champagne corks will be popped the second NHL teams hear we’re going to make MAB a regular defender and dump Hamrlik.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

60. avatar_58 says:

In WHAT universe is MAB better than Hamr?

61. SeriousFan09 says:

Had the No. 1 overall PP with Souray in 2006-2007, problem was they missed the playoffs that season and what didn’t help? Sheldon Sieve-ray was a -28 to go with his 26 goals that season. No more of this PP specialist garbage where every goal on the PP is made irrelevant because an ES goal goes by the completely inadequate PP ‘specialist’ in his own zone.

I’ll take somewhere in the Top 5 (Which Markov will raise the team to) if it cuts down on GA in ES situations.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

62. fbkj says:

mab was only signed last year because of the length of markov’s injury

were not in the same boat this year, markies comming back

were also doing well in the standings, yes our PP needs a kick in the ass, but if there are 29 other teams with zero interest in him, why should we be the ones who bite… makes zero sense

63. jimmy shaker says:

Okay, I got it, you don’t agree, that’s cool!  Like I said, I’ll give PG 3 games to see how the PP is and if it’s still sucking…..trade or send down Hammer, sign MAB and watch out!

64. jimmy shaker says:

After your done cleaning up the barf, think about this……..basically the habs will have the number 1 PP in the league agian, which is going to be a huge reason why/if we get into the dance this year, just as it was last year.  THe PP was fuelled by MAB and his what 13 goals (maybe 10 of them on the PP) in just 50 or 60 games.  Lets also look at our D and the offense that they bring.  Basically the only points your going to get are from marky and maybe PK.  I’m not expecting huge offensive numbers from Pk in his first year in the league.  Gill and Gorges basically are good for 20 points combined, hammer and space maybe about 30  points between them both.  SO with not much offense coming from the back end, hammers 5 mill contract plus ever aging and slowing legs and his huge braincramps on a nightly basis (like all of the playoffs last year).  Get rid of hammer, sign MAB, save money for  Marky’s new contract and maybe go out and get a winger for gomer and gio.

Works for me

65. mike g says:

What else to do today…

I’ve complained that the NHL should suspend referees when they miss OBVIOUS call like last night’s Orr goal.

I’ve bashed the french media, again.

I’ve stated we shouldn’t sign MAB, again. (still spitting out the barf from my mouth)

Well, I guess I’ll just give my opinion on the game tonight.

5-3 Habs.

I just don’t see them being able to contain the speed we use. Our PP will get 2 goals tonight if we get 4-5 PP’s. Our PK will allow 1 goal tonight out of about 4 PK’s. Price will play alright, but he will let in 3 goals on about 19-20 shots. Tough game to stay focused.

Scorers for the Habs: Pouliot, Subban, Lapierre, ELLER, and…..GOMEZ.

Hope you like it.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

66. samTHEman says:

Going to be a fun game to watch – with all the tension from the Cammy slash. Expect alot of brawls infront of the net and maybe a few fights. Subban will prolly drop em

67. BJT says:

Imagine PK and JT going at it

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

68. ManApart says:

Wow what a difference between the Islanders goalies. Roloson is a freak of nature. Anxious to see the Habs first line fly again. Should be fun.

69. habaddict_andy says:

I know we complain a lot TSN promoting mostly Toronto Maple Leafs.  But I thought what it would be like to be a french Maple Leafs fan and watch RDS for Montreal and Toronto game.  Do you think RDS is a little biased towards the canadiens?  ;)

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

70. nick says:

It’s pretty safe to say that any local sports show is going to promote their home team.

It may be biased… But thats also how you keep local viewers watching.

That is unless your in MTL and their losing … in that case, all bets are off.

71. Oleg Petrov says:

I think there is always a bias but TSN market’s itself as Canada’s Sports network – RDS really is there to service the Quebec market, similar to the regional deals that Sportsnet has with the other NHL teams. You expect some bias there as they put so many resources into promoting their team and driving their numbers. But TSN has the national NHL contract and is considererd a national broadcaster, just like the CBC which also has a very strong Maple Leafs bias and I think that is what bothers people the most.

72. habsfan321 says:

First of all, how many French Maple Leafs fans are there? Seriously? Je parlaaaaayyy Francais? Please. This country just pretends to be bilingual… but that’s a whole different story.

The problem is that TSN/CBC are supposed to be national networks. It’s not the Toronto Sports Network. RDS is a provincial network targeted at Canadiens fans, so I would expect a bias. If I were watching Leafs TV, I would expect a bias towards the Leafs.

TSN’s tagline is “Canada’s sport’s leader”… so they should be Canada’s sports leader. Not “the home of the Maple Leafs”. RDS makes no such claims, they’re clearly targetting Canadiens fans. TSN pretends to be unbiased, yet they’re clearly not.

73. HabsTrueBlue says:

HIOers will not like this but given the reality of Canada’s demographics and languages TSN does a good job.

Like it or hate it the fact is that 20-25% of Canada’s population lives in the Golden Horseshoe which is centred around Toronto. The only NHL team in this region is the Toronto Maple Leafs. It’s non-sensical to expect TSN located in Toronto to not have more emphasis on the Leafs.

Toss in the language issues with TSN being English language and the Habs French Canadian roots and it’s unsurprising that the Leafs emphasis would be even more pronounced.

Toss in the geographical and time differences in the broadcasts with the Oilers, Flames, Canucks out west and the Leafs emphasis would be even more pronounced.

I watch TSN and personally I don’t see the rampant Leaf bias that HIOers repeatedly complain about.  I’m surprised there isn’t even more bias!

74. Maksimir says:

They should rest Spacek & Hammer too… those guys are pulling down more minutes than they can handle.

75. rocketsglare says:

Yet, JM continues to make O’Byrne a healthy scratch.

76. nick says:

I’m fulling expecting a hattrick between Gomez and Gionta now…

77. observer says:

Hall of Fame eligibility question, can a great GM like Burke for just an example be voted in while he is still winning more championships?

78. habaddict_andy says:

I don’t think you realise your in a wrong site observer.  Go back to TSN.ca

79. Psycho29 says:

I think so, but it would have to be in the ‘Troll’ category….

80. boneheadslanger33 says:

Wikipedia states; The Hall of Fame has been criticized for inducting several lackluster candidates in the early 2000s due to “a shortage of true greatness”. Since then, some have claimed that the Hall of Fame has become too exclusive. Basically what they’re saying is that old Burkey would have been a shoe-in around the time Tampa Bay won the Cup… Except that he was too busy placing bounty’s on the heads of players he deemed to be “head hunting”

81. Maksimir says:

Yeah – poor Ryan – they should play him and trade him to some place he’ll be used.

82. pic1983 says:

At least that! If JM truly has no confidence in this guy than just put him on waivers and let him be claimed.  He keeps his mouth shut, and deserves to be claimed by a team that actually wants to play him.  Having him sitting in the pressbox isn’t doing anything for us nor for him.

83. habaddict_andy says:

Aaah!  Poor little Byrnie.  :P

The fact is you don’t want to give O’Byrn the puck in his our zone with a little pressure from the opposing team.  He’s just gonna throw the puck over the glass.  And for a big guy, he’s always on his heals.  And also it’s part of the game being a healthy skratch when not performing up to the level your expected to perform.

84. HabsTrueBlue says:

That only works when you are playing better than the people starting in front of you. Perhaps he could pull an SK.

Someone needs to sit and although Martin could rotate through his non-core players it’s hard to argue with his method given the team’s results so far. Sitting sucks but c’est la vie. Rhino is best served by working hard keeping a good attitude and making the most out of his next opportunity.

85. HabFanSince72 says:

If we get injuries it will be good to have him around.

He’s in the press box now because he’s the 7th best defencman on the team.

86. rocketsglare says:

That’s fine, but I see it as coming back to haunt JM and the team with a burnt out D later in the season.

You seriously think that Gill, Hamrlik, and Spacek will be able at their ages to log so many minutes and

yet be expected to be physically and mentally ready down the stretch and into the playoffs? I have my

doubts. I say play O’Byrne enough to give him renewed confidence because I believe in the end JM will

have to use him because of the normal wear and tear that all D-men go through, especially given the hi-

story of injury and fatigue to this defensive corp.

87. shiram says:

Rolosson is the oldest active NHL goalie… but hopefully the Habs won’t go easy on him.

88. habs365 says:

try Eller and pouliot with Gionta, it’s time gomez and Gionta got broken up, you have to fix that 2nd line or the Habs will have a one line team all year, everything maybe good now but that first line is gonna get burnt out, than you’ll see where the team goes.

89. habaddict_andy says:

I knew at the same time I would get this response.  TSN is coast to coast broadcast television and they are doing a horrible job.

90. Psycho29 says: