Gill: “It’s just a cut,” hopes to play Game 6

Canadiens defenceman Hal Gill spent the night in Pittsburgh, having left Game 5 with a cut to his leg when accidentally stepped on by Pittsburgh’s Chris Kunitz early in the third period.

Gill was seen at the Pittsburgh airport an hour or so ago with Canadiens doctor David Mulder, bound for Montreal this morning. He told Ottawa Sun colleague Chris Stevenson, “I hope to play (Monday), it’s just a cut.”

That’s good news for the Canadiens, who will need Gill’s strong defensive game and shot-blocking if they hope to stave off elimination at the Bell Centre.

More news to come later today from Brossard, where Herb Zurkowsky will be on hand for comment following the team meeting and media availability.

1. derfab says:

Having a quicker more agile partner with him like Gorges has allowed Gill to focus on his strengths, which stem from his size and reach. They have been outstanding. Spacek, if he’s ready, should be put back on the left side with Subban or OB. Unlike Gorges, he has never been comfortable on the right side.

2. KenD29 says:

Gill, yes. Markov time will tell.

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

3. twitch says:

Markov’s skating, but not wel, and without equipment.  Good to hear that Gill will prob. be ok though.

4. jimmy shaker says:

Gill will play, and so will Markov!   Stamp it!  Can I say I was the first to report it?

Shaker

5. habitual says:

Set a table for two Keith.  I thought Gainey really blew it by signing Gill.  Guess I know now why don’t have a job in pro hockey.

And while in a contrite and penitent mood, I’d have to say I was wrong about Gomez too …

6. Clay4bc says:

Crow always tastes better when it results from a pleasant surprise, as opposed to a disappointing one…Like AK – I had high hopes for him.

__________________________

“Peoples will only be truly free when the last king is strangled by the bowels of the last priest” Francois Laignelot -

7. pov says:

Fantastic news after a tough loss last night.  We need the big fellow back there big time!  The boys gave it a good effort last night.  Just hope they can get out of the gate quickly tomorrow night powered by the expected boisterous crowd support.  Full credit to Fleury last night.  Without his key stops at crucial times of the game, the Pens would have been had.

Halak was outstanding and certainly could not have been faulted on either screend laser beams that got past him.  It’s been said on this board many times before, Halak has been simply outstanding for such a long stretch now, that the boys clearly have total confidence in him taking care of any shots from the slot if he can see them.  Sure would be nice to see Spacek and/or Markov tomorrow night.

I have a feeling we’re going back to to the Mellon!  The boys will not go down at home!!

“The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” Samuel Johnson

8. Keith says:

Great news about Big Hal! I was one of those people who questioned Gainey’s decision (what the HELL do I know) to sign the big D-man, but WOW, am I sure glad he’s on our team now! Eating a little crow now and then isn’t such a bad thing. GO GILL GO!!! GO HABS GO!!!

9. longtimehabsfan says:

I have to say the nhl network stinks.  I was watching their recap of the game and it was all Pittsburgh.  Brilliant moves by Bylsma, Fluery great, everyone great.  Nothing about the Habs.  You would have thought it was a rout.  They won by the skin of their teeth.  This series reminds me of the 1971 finals with the Hawks.  Series tied 2-2 in Chicago and the Hawks won game five 2-0 in a hard fought game where Frank Mahovilich hit the goal post on a breakaway.  Habs were down 3-2 going to the third period on home ice in game six and scored twice to win 4-3.  Can lightning strike again 39 years [My God that was so long ago!] later?

10. MontrealAtheist says:

I agree on having to be more aggressive on offence, but at the same time we must also give up fewer penalties and do a better job on the PK, if needed. Pittsburgh is ruthless on the PP and all 3 of there wins were aided by a successful execution on the PP.

11. Mad Habber says:

Did you see the rebounds Fleury gives up though? I mean those are huge bounces, if the Habs can get some net presences or heck if they’d shot it on him a little more on some of those two on ones they can certianly score more.

Not that the Pens haven’t played well, it’s just they can be beaten…

12. ManApart says:

I thought Pittsburgh definately had the better opportunities. Halak made a couple of great saves, like the one on Malkin, while Montreal seemed to just shoot from the outside on Fleury, where he would just come out 15 feet cutting down the angles. The feeling among the crowd I watched the game with, is that the Habs were pretty thoroughly outplayed, physically, with puck possession and chances wise.. The score did not reflect the game. It felt like Pitt. was in total control from the 1st shift on.

13. Chuck says:

Oops… double. Just like my Crown and ginger.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

14. avatar_58 says:

Yep. Here in Hamilton too. Car flags everywhere, nods and cheers when I wear my gear. Awesome stuff :)

15. Danno says:

Mara is a surprise. I thought he was out for the playoffs.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

16. Chuck says:

Gill will play, if only to lie down in front of the net and stay there.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

17. kempie says:

I’ll bet he plays. Gill? I dunno but I’d bet that 79 plays tomorrow in a limited role.

18. TrueRivalry.com says:

As long as MAB isn’t on D anymore I’m good!

———–

Twitter:

19. Danno says:

Tons of effort.

It pays off.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

20. HabFanSince72 says:

There’s a 5-minute video of Markov skating on rds.ca

He doesn’t look all that comfortable.

21. Ghosts of the Forum says:

If Spacek and Gill can both play, I say sit AK46, move Lapierre on to the top line, Moen on the second line and MAB on the fourth with Metro and Pouliot

22. Morocco says:

Hal Gill, Duh.

23. Ghosts of the Forum says:

He has been asked by Martin to play against the Ovechkin and then the Crosby lines….I’d say he’s doing a fairly good job and picking up some points along the way.  His work on our number one PK unit has been fairly bloody good too.  Martin has asked him to play a role and he has done it with no griping at all.  Gill and Gorges deserve a lot of credit for shutting down the big guns, but Pleky has played a lot of minutes against them too.

Pouliot and AK have to get going.

24. Storm Man says:

Markov was skating with a brace, Mara was in full equipment

25. sprague cleghorn says:

Yours too! ;)

26. Ghosts of the Forum says:

what a fantastic avatar!

27. sprague cleghorn says:

Went to a big community fair in T.O. yesterday and the bleu-blanc-rouge was everywhere.  Never saw so much Habs gear in one spot in Toronto in my life.  Constantly getting thumbs up on my hat or jersey and honks of appreciation for the car flag.

This thing ain’t over yet.

28. deggy24 says:

The Habs played well last night, give that game to Fleury. I’m, as usual, apopletic about our dump and change, give up posession and ice, philosophy. Last night 20 seconds into a PK shift, Pleks has a one on one with a Penguins defencemen, with half a sheet of ice to work with. He dumps and comes off, and within 10 seconds they are applying pressure in our zone. We do it 5 on 5 all the time as well. There has to be a better way to play, whether it be with increased player conditioning or an innovative way to change players without giving up huge territory. The Pens are nowhere as good as the Caps, and we can win this thing. I’m going to be concerned if Marky plays at 60%. I hope Gill is 90%, he has been our second most valuable player this post season, an awesome performer in these games. Full credits to OB, Gorges, and PK as well. Hammer has been pretty good too. The lion is the room is Malkin, we need to continue to frustrate him. Thought the refs were okay last night except for missing the hold/trip of our defenceman 10 seconds into a PP that they later scored on. The perp was Crosby I think.

29. SeriousFan09 says:

Shameless, pathetic draft tanking.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

30. HabFanSince72 says:

It’s 3-2 against arguably the best team in the East – but we are showing a lack of effort?

Pleks I admit could be scoring more but he is playing pretty well.

31. ManApart says:

Agree with you on all points.

32. HabFanSince72 says:

How did the Pens make it to the last two Cup finals, winning one of them?

33. tricolortrue says:

is AK, Pouliot, Pleks playing with heart. I think not, otherwise we would be leading in this series.

we all know AK, Pouliot and maybe Pleks will be playing their last game tomorrow night as a hab. good riddans to them, totally useless.  and I don’t think we should resign Pleks. he never shows up in the playoffs, still playing like a little girl. he NEVER STANDS IN FRONT OF THE NET, AND HASN’T SCORED SINCE THE 1ST GAME OF THE PLAYOFFS.

34. HabFanSince72 says:

Unfortunately “playing with the house money” is one of the biggest fallacies in gambling.

35. dallyd31 says:

Didn’t Gill tell Stubbs that he hopes to play in game 6 ?

36. tricolortrue says:

that’s called playing not lose, rather than playing to win.

all season long that’s been the case. JM’s style is PLAYING TO NOT LOSE!

37. BeachHabFan says:

what a day – woke up in a s—ty mood – gill injured, so many scrambles in front of the pitt net last night, too bad we couldn’t cash one of em earlier. in the last two losses it’s been a matter of inches, where the opportunities haven’t been taken advantage of, and neither one a blowout, so I was probably more frustrated and down than i should have been this morning.

But life goes on, and it’s Mother’s Day, so suck it up… i take the kids out to the shops for flowers and some little gifts for Mom – and an elderly woman spots the cap and smiles: “too bad they lost last night, don’t worry, they’ll get em tomorrow”. Well, that was nice. Then coming out of the bookstore: “Nice hat buddy! Gotta believe, We’ll win tomorrow!” Even better! Then in the coffee shop, a little kid in a habs cap: “Nice Hat! Go Habs go!”, which my kids yelled right back. I came home and couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. I can honestly say, in the 10 years i’ve lived in this neighborhood and worn the CH, there have always been (almost secret) nods and smiles and thumbs up, but never so much enthusiasm and overt support as the last two months. We love these f—king guys!!!

The habs fans of Toronto believe! Let’s get it back tomorrow!

38. novahab says:

Gary Bettman is hoping for the Pens but you know the CBC is pulling for the Habs, I can just imagine what kind of ratings they are getting for these games and if the Habs play the Bruins in the semi CBC stands to make alot money. TSN got over 8 million viewers for game seven between the Habs and the Caps.

39. Off-side says:

Would LOVE to win the next two…I think I’m at a place where it bugs me to see our guys fall with the hits they took on us in the series.  SMASH them, I say!

40. Storm Man says:

Why not just win game 6 and 7 so we can play the Bruins :)

41. pmaraw says:

well, habs have nothing to lose now!  leave it all on the ice now boys!

42. Off-side says:

Crush the crap out of Pittsburgh tomorrow, that’s all I gotta say.  Lets play like it’s our last game and leave them wounded to face the Bruins.  Just go out there and pulverize.

43. HUDSONHAB says:

Bang on.

….Hab4life….

44. HUDSONHAB says:

Here is another phrase for you. “Playing with house money”

That was accomplished by winning 4 of 7 in round one.

What are the odds of winning the next game? That’s what I am interested in, not winning 10 of the next 16.

Just one more time boys. (ok, 2 would be nice) lol.

….Hab4life….

45. Storm Man says:

The Team is playing with alot of heart and guts, How did the Pens get two goals last night? Can’t save what you can’t see. Players like Moen, Darche and Pouliot are not doing much have some balls get to the front of the net.

46. showey47 says:

If 5’7 175lb gionta can do it,there is no excuse why nobody else can.

47. ed lopaz says:

Habs hockey = Smart hockey we work as a team, and we win as a team. we play 5 man defence – not just 2. we play with energy, we play with guts, we play with determination.

congrats go out to the 3 Montreal born and raised players on the SJ Sharks who eliminated the Wings.

Mitchell is absolutely electric out there – his skating is NHL elite level

Valssic – plays in all situations – top 4 d-man

Demers – power play specialist – excellent team player.

The Sharks will be dangerous going forward – Joe Thornton is finally having a good playoffs.

48. HabFanSince72 says:

Doesn’t it depend what was cut?

If he spent the night in hospital, it wasn’t just a nick.

49. Jbird says:

So Spatch has a Viral Ear infection- Thats what my interenet research say’s.  Not science of course but Viral ear infections and Vertigo go hand in hand.

Seems that it causes a nauseating spinning feeling for 6 weeks normally.  In bad cases it leads to permanent damage to the vestibular system which is in effect permanent Vertigo.  I think this is  what spatch was thinking when he mentioned to a reporter today that what he has can lead to retirement.

It also can lead to meningitis.

God damn, who knew a minor ear infection could lead to that?

50. HabFanSince72 says:

Quite right.

Don’t forget that if you have someone in front of the net, you have fewer players trying to win back the puck. If you have two guys on the boards and one in front of the net you are leaving yourself vulnerable to odd man rushes the minute you lose the puck – especially against a team with mobile d.

51. Storm Man says:

Hmmmm La Presse I will save what I think about that paper for other day. RDS said Mara is skating and why would Gill not play if he just got a cut?

52. HabFanSince72 says:

Sorry but you can’t accuse this team of not having balls. They are fighting hard,  blocking shots, an not giving up when they are down.

If it was so easy to score goals the Pens would be scoring too. And the Caps in the previous series.

53. HabFanSince72 says:

The problem is you can’t be in the corners and in front of the net at the same time.I noticed that when we forechek all three of our forwards are on the boards trying to win back the puck.

So there mathematically can’t be someone in front of the net.

54. Storm Man says:

Maybe today the team should watch game flim on how Vancouver is getting owned, Mind you we dont have a player like Bubba to park in front, but come on somebody must have balls on this team.

55. HabFanSince72 says:

La Presse is reporting no Gill and no Markov tomorrow, but Spacek is feeling better and might play.

56. HUDSONHAB says:

On the PP yes. But, the Habs are a score on the rush team, they can’t cycle for a long period of time and have guys parked in front of the net. You can say they will lose because of this but you can’t just grow into a Holmstrom overnight. Habs must make better shots and when the shot is delivered, crash the net for a rebound. It doesn’t take a 6’4″ player to go into those areas just the will to do so.

The Habs are playing the way the have to to win. They just have to support the puck and each other, and finish when the chances are there.

….Hab4life….

57. HabFanSince72 says:

Is there any way we can get Kovalchuk?

58. HabFanSince72 says:

Unfortunately it doesn’t win enough games: 2 out of 5 in this series.

If any of you are poker players, an analogy would be playing a tight passive style. Your money will last longer, but you will never ever win. Without a bit of intelligent but  risky aggression you simply have no chance.

59. Chuck says:

It’s not a touch job to understand:

Go to corner. Dig out puck. Skate to front of net, screen goaltender, jump on rebound for garbage goal.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

60. homerbowen says:

You’ve hit the nail on the head my brother.

61. Chuck says:

It would appear as though we have a solid core around which to build. Now it’s just a matter of putting the proper secondary an tertiary players in place.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

62. Jbird says:

Hey my gut is saying similar things: Drink some coffee, eat some dumplings, Markov will play.

63. HUDSONHAB says:

You have to give the Habs credit for adapting to what wins games. I’m sure our top 6 forwards and our 2 offensive d-men could fly up and down the ice looking impressive but the score would end up 7-3 for Pitt. Only a few special teams like the 80′Oilers, 70′Habs and maybe the recent Wings team can be truly offensive and still win games. Everyone else(NJ comes to mind) has to play defence and take their goals when they get them.

….Hab4life….

64. Storm Man says:

I know if I was Darche or Pouliot I would just park myself in front of the net, I dont understand why the only one that does is Habbysmurf aka Gionta.

65. ArmyFan says:

And in related news, P.K. Subban questions whether or not Kunitz stepping on Gill was truly an accident.

“This isn’t a coincidence,” says P.K.,”the guy did a spinning cartwheel at me the other night.  Almost slashed my throat, I tell ya!  I’m not certain he did it on purpose, but I’m just sayin’……”

66. punkster says:

Hell of a team we got, eh Chuck? Could be some interesting years ahead.

FEEL THE PRIDE!

67. punkster says:

I felt the screening was the difference. They screened our guy. We didn’t screen theirs. Yes we need to be more aggressive but with focus in front of the net, screening, traffic, getting if MAFs space.

FEEL THE PRIDE!

68. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Come on Herb, put the doughnuts down and give us an update on Markhov, RDS reports that he is skating today!

69. ArmyFan says:

There were a ton of rebounds last night. But they’re not much good to you unless you’re going hard to the net and can cash in on them.

They’re also letting Pittsburgh out of their own zone WAY to easily.

70. HabFanSince72 says:

Fleury made some good reaction saves. He was never screened though. He was also a bit lucky that his rebounds rarely ended up on a Hab player’s stick.

Can we win? Sure, but I think we will need to be a bit more aggressive on offence.We might even have to risk giving them a few more scoring chances and hope Jaro shuts the door.

I hope Markov is good to go.

71. Chuck says:

He did, but I also thought that his rebound control left a lot to be desired. Second chances were there to be had, but it seemed that when a white jersey was in front of the net the puck would bounce harmlessly past. I have a feeling that will change on Monday.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

72. Storm Man says:

MAF played very well also.

73. Chuck says:

If you’re having a tough time putting the puck in the net, it’s a lot easier to win a 2-1 game than it is a 6-5 game.

But I see what you mean. I’d be a lot happier if  they played a full game of puck posession and spent more time in the Penguin’s zone.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

74. Storm Man says:

Yes alot of them are wearing the sock, But it does not go pass the knee so it would not have saved Gill’s cut to the back of the leg. If you want to read more here is the site http://www.tuffnlitehockey.com.

75. Chuck says:

We win tomorrow. Back to The Boob for the deciding game on Wednesday.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

76. CharlieHodgeFan says:

I’m one of those many fans who could not have been more wrong when Gainey signed Gill. I thought I was mystified by the Habs signing Gill. In fact, I was just clueless. Big Hal has been a great pick up, not just as the team guy I thought he was there to be, but as a clutch player.

That’s why I post online and guys like Gainey build teams…

77. Chuck says:

Even with injuries to our most experienced defensemen, you’ve got to like the face that the Habs have improved as the playoffs have progressed.

In round one, we faced 3 elimination games. In round two, it will (and it WILL) be 2. We’ll beat the bRuins with our back against the wall only once, then dispatch the Hawks 4-2 in the final.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

78. KC64 says:

Hopefully Gill will be good to go tomorrow, I don’t like our chances without him. As for Markov playing, I would be surprised, but I’ve been wrong before.

The boys played well last night they just couldn’t solve Fleury….they will tomorrow night and the Bell Centre will rock!!!

Gotta Believe!! GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79. ManApart says:

If last night was them playing well and is their best effort, this series is over tomorrow night. You just have to put more sustained pressure on the Pitt. D and goalie. It was way too easy for the Pens last night. Montreal was physically outmatched and seemed to not be able to change gears out of that defensive style when the Pens scored the 1st goal. I thought the Pens really controlled the whole game and dictated play. They were way too confident in their own end. There is just no pressure. Montreal relies on quick transition chances to score. They have almost no forecheck. It’s very much trap hockey. It’s sucks because going down by one goal is monumental, when you get 3-5 good chances a game. A team like Chicago laughs at being down 1-0, while for Montreal it’s almost game over.

80. Danno says:

To anyone who hasn’t seen this great video “Le But” by Loco Lacass.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

81. likehoy says:

great video, terrible song.

- What if Jaro Halak’s hand was indeed shaking? What if you took the CHOKE out of Ovechkin? — History Will Be Made

82. avatar_58 says:

Win or Lose the best season I’ve watched. It’s been awesome to go from “Who the heck is Gionta? Cammalleri? WTF GILL???” to where we are now. Can’t wait for 2010-2011′s season

83. Caballero says:

I agree, I think we didn’t truly know this team, and they have shown us something I haven’t seen in a long while. Let’s hope the team improves next year and gets younger on D and a little tougher in front.

84. bmt6017 says:

Wheres max pacioretty..? he hasnt played for hamilton this playoffs? is he a scratch for the bulldogs?? whats goin on

85. SeriousFan09 says:

Recurring shoulder problem, the way it’s kept him out of the lineup I’m thinking he’s likely going to have surgery on it in the off-season but right now he’s trying to get back into the lineup.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

86. Plek-Andrew says:

Hal Gill looks like a Greek god in his pictures. lol

87. Chuck says:

Good to see you back!

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

88. j2w4habs25 says:

I know this is kinda off topic, but is anyone esle feeling mad and angry at Josh Kocheck, after his cheap remarks lastnight??

After he said that, boy I hope we win this series.

89. Danno says:

Missed it. What did he say?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

90. 24moreCups says:

Yeah I was pretty p***ed off when I heard that, ofcourse I already hope we win the series but now it’ll be alittle more sweet to win just shove that in his for disrespecting our team in their hometown.

Oh and I hope GSP gives him a good ol’beat down next fight! haha

91. Danno says:

Every team has flaws. But the fact reamains this little team that was written off by everybody including their mothers is still playing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Only five other teams can say that.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

92. Chuck says:

And it’ll be one fewer after Vancouver is ousted tonight.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

93. Habs_Fan_1 says:

Indeed. 10+ games in the playoffs is a great time for player evaluation.

94. j2w4habs25 says:

He took the mic and said that Montreal had two losts coming

1. The Habs were going to loose against the Pens.

2. He was going to kick around GSP.

eventually he got the Bell Centre Boo Birds :) But i hope everything is wrong and backfires for him :D

95. Danno says:

I think he’s had too many shots to the head. He should be careful. Caps fans were cocky like that too before we eliminated them.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

96. Bleu blanc rouge says:

Come on Zurkowsky, how about some updates. Put down the donuts already!

97. 24moreCups says:

Do you know where’s Gregory Stewart?, is he still with the team? I checked the Hamilton site the other day and I couldn’t find his name on the roster.

98. SeriousFan09 says:

The Chicago Wolves and the Bulldogs swapped a Defencemen named Vernace for Hamilton’s Greg Stewart before the playoffs began, not a permanent trade I understand but a playoff deal that I guess is allowed. I imagine Boucher wanted some Defensive depth with Weber being in and out of the lineup and Carle’s season ended and Vernace is a much more physical defencemen than anyone but Alex Henry on Hamilton’s roster.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

99. j2w4habs25 says:

Hahaha I hope GSP gives him the goood ol’beat tooo – he deserves nothing but the BEAT for disrespecting the greatest city in Canada. GSP will give him the beating, nobody should ever went through that in their home town with their people…

Montreal didnt need that lastnight, and for that I am soo mad I want them to come back for game 6 and take it in PITT in 7. It worked in WAS… :)

GO HABS GO!!!

100. longtimehabsfan says:

Encouraging news.

101. CalgaryHabsFan says:

This is good news.

We would have been in rough shape with Spacek, Markov and Gill out of the lineup.

“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

102. LeeFree says:

103. alfieturcotte says:

That’s a relief.  With Gill back, might we get lucky and see one of (or both) Spacek and Markov?  With one of Markov and Spacek back, we could move MAB to the 4th forward line and seem less liable on defense.  Will the stars align for the bleu blanc rouge??? Je l’espere.

104. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

YES! In Gill, we believe!

I think we might see Spacek in Game 6. I tip my hat to them, playing injured and giving their all. Let’s go Habs! Olé!

105. Clay4bc says:

*breathes a HUGE sigh of relief*

Thank you for the update!

__________________________

106. tony d says:

phew! Now if we can just figure out the disappearing act of Pleks and Pouliot.

107. Clay4bc says:

We shut down Crosby, they shut down Pleks. Fair trade, and Pleks is playing very well at both ends of the rink, IMO. Pouliot and AK are the two I think you mean…

__________________________

108. habitual says:

Remember Tony D, Pleks has a hip injury.  Add to that he kills penalties and this team has been playing with three lines for 12 playoff games ….

On Pouliot, agreed, though I like what I have seen from him the past two games.

109. DD says:

“Merely a flesh wound”

110. Clay4bc says:

Remember what boxers do – crazy glue to keep the cut from opening up. Use it liberally, Hal.

__________________________

111. alestar says:

Glad to hear Big Hal is OK…we need him in game six!!

XXIV…and counting

112. KenD29 says:

Pouliot has not been the same since he got injured.
    And Popgun, scored his 3 goals in the one game against the Caps. Based on history, he’s not due for another solid game until the next series. Not to mention his lil bro has been a distraction!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

113. DONJUAN says:

Gill and maybe Spacek back it can only Improve, we need it on the powerplay big time GO HABS GO!!! it’s going to be rocking monday night in the BELL CENTRE.

In HABS we trust.