Game day: Video from Canadiens morning skate

therrienweb

(File photo)

The Canadiens face off against the Ottawa Senators for the final time this season tonight at the Bell Centre. The Senators have won two of the three games to date between the division rivals.

After the Canadiens’ morning skate in Brossard Wednesday, Therrien said he really liked how the Habs played against Ottawa in their last match up.

“For us, it’s to continue in the same sense. Sometimes the result isn’t on your side. But we fully deserved to win that game,” Therrien said, referring to the Senators 2-1 shootout victory over the Canadiens at Scotiabank Place on Feb. 25. Senators goaltender Ben Bishop faced 44 shots that night.

Therrien said they’re very aware that the Senators are playing good hockey and aren’t easy to play against. “The quality of their goaltender gives them a chance to win a lot of games.”

You can hear what Canadiens defenceman Greg Pateryn, called up last week from the Hamilton Bulldogs, had to say after the morning skate below:

And you can hear what forward Colby Armstrong had to say below:

1. LeGrosBill says:

Re, the new Pope, Diego Maradonna said he had nothing to do it, it was the hand of God.

2. Chuck says:

Oh well… at least the new Pope wasn’t from Boston.

___________________________________________________

3. Habfan17 says:

This team is reminding me a bit of the “93 team. Lot’s of character and everyone pulling for one another. Unless there is a minor depth move or a can’t turn it down kind of trade. I say, stay the course and leverage the picks at the draft. Make changes then and once free agency opens. Bergevin will have to mke a few tough decisions and some teams may have to move players due to the lower cap. Price may not be Roy, but I think overall this team has more skill than the ’93 edition.

It is fun to suggest or predict what Bergevin may do, but unless the Habs have a melt down, I would leave things as is and keep the chemistry.

Habfan17

Apparently it’s the argentinian guy that got elected… Pope Francis or whatever his name is.

5. Cal says:

And Argentina finally gets some recognition:Cardinal Jorge Begoglio is the new pope Francis.

6. BrianSkrudland says:

I hope the new Pope pulls a Tebow.

——–
    Daily recommendations for March 13
    Song of the Day: Flamenco (The Tragically Hip)
    Movie of the Day: What About Bob?

7. dano58 says:

have made this comment before but here goes again for those who fail to listen. Dance with the one that you brought and enjoy the ride folks. Last few years we would have given a left you know what to be where we are now. These guys got us here so lets ride them out. The 1986 team had a ton of rookies and if I am not mistaken no trades were made by us at all that year. It was magical so maybe this will be as well if not it is at least a sign of good things to come. Go Habs Go!

GO HABS GO!!!

“Opinions are like assholes and everybody has one.” – “?”
    Hopefully the Habs brass only takes the best ones!

8. Habitant in Surrey says:

@MattyLeg

…all the trade DD, Pleks and Whomever for knockle-dragging this and thats around the NHL just leaves My head spinning when I come online and read some comments

…I mean We are in First Place Guys !!!

…give some love Man

…I agree with Mattyleg down below

…appreciate what We have, and what They have done for Us

…I can understand this kind of blathering frenzy when We are fighting for a playoff spot

…but Yee Gadz ! :(

• Timo says:

I don’t think they have done it “for us” but sure… they’ve done alright so far. Will see how they do in the playoffs.

• The Good Hab-bit says:

Exactly. All this blabbering about how bad the team is when sitting first in the East is kind of pathetic. It is the easiest and most chicken like thing to cover one self by hammering the team.

9. youngwun says:

GO Habs GO! GO Habs GO! GO Habs GO! GO Habs GO! GO HabsGO Habs GO! GO! GO Habs GO! GO Habs GO! GO Habs GO!GO Habs GO! GO Habs GO! GO Habs GO! GO Habs GO! GO Habs GO! GO Habs GO! GO Habs GO! GO Habs GGO Habs GO!O! GGO Habs GO! O Habs GO! GO Habs GO!

10. BrianSkrudland says:

The Habs typically lose when the Molson Cup winner is announced each month. Hopefully, the same doesn’t hold true for the Vatican Vespas soccer/football team after the new Pope is announced today.

I’ve got money on the Vespas in their big match tonight.

——–
    Daily recommendations for March 13
    Song of the Day: Flamenco (The Tragically Hip)
    Movie of the Day: What About Bob?

11. habsfan0 says:

If it IS Cardinal Ouellet that’s the new Pope, I hope he comes onto the balcony wearing a Habs sweater.

12. habsfan0 says:

This is exciting..like waiting for the 1st star of a hockey game..maybe more so..

13. Habilis says:

The new Pope is doing his pre-game routine right now… He’s in the corner, head down, hoodie on, ipod blasting AC/DC.

Suddenly he leaps up, sheds his robe and yells: “LET’S DO THIS!”. He then runs the gauntlet of Cardinals before emerging onto the balcony to thunderous applause.

Scene.

14. Habitant in Surrey says:

…this white smoke thing …has anyOne ever identified WHAT ??? These Cardinals are smokin’ when they make these decisions ???

15. bel33 says:

Never in a million years.. did I think I’d be at work, streaming the live feed from Vatican City waiting to see who the new pope is.

Yup… slow day at work. Thank God for Hockey I/O for me to check every ten mins.

16. JF says:

A lot of people want the Habs to pick up a tough guy who can take care of the other teams’ goons. I would be dead against adding a guy whose main role is to fight, who would take a roster spot from a more skilled player, and whose addition might disrupt team chemistry. Also, looking back over the season, I can’t think of a single game that we lost because we weren’t tough enough. Even the blowout against Toronto, although Orr and company certainly roughed our players up near the end of the game. But we lost that game because we weren’t ready, not because we weren’t tough enough. The last time we played Toronto, they tried to bludgeon us out of the rink, but it didn’t work. Speed and skill trumped truculence. Similarly, the two games against the Bruins were not decided by toughness. They hit, but we hit back. So I don’t think we need a goon, although we could use a bit more muscle and a bit more size on the back end.

• Loonie says:

The people who want blood instead of deterrence have revealed themselves.

Prust lead the league in fights last season and he isn’t good enough. They want somebody to make a murder scene out of the Bell Center.

They truly have no interest in a player who can protect his teammates, they want somebody to kill an opposing player on the ice. Literally.

• lavie says:

Most fans and pro-Habs media guys want to have a Prust or Clowe type of player who can play and fight.

• Strummer says:

I thought it was interesting when White turned down a fight in the Florida game and we ended up with a 4 minute power play.

Time for a paradigm shift.

Edit- Habs ownership and management could start lobbying to eliminate fighting and start enforcing rules against the thuggery that the pro-fighting lobby seems to justify fighting

______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

• Luke says:

Something else to consider re: the Leafs much ballyhooed toughness.

They traded Brown when Frattin returned.
      Lupul will return sooner rather than later. I would expect one of Orr or Maclaren to sit/be waived to make room for him (Probably Orr).

Suddenly the super tough Leafs have removed 2 of 3 of their tough guys for hockey players.

17. secretdragonfly says:

Wow, the entire Montreal metro system was down? I think somebody’s performance review is going to be harsh.

18. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Cardinal Ouellette the new Pope …Divine intervention for Our Habs this season ?

19. mdp2011 says:

some Pope jokes from twitter:

Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL
    Pope & Vatican come to terms on a new deal.

james duthie ‏@tsnjamesduthie
    20 bucks the Canadian Cardinal came 3rd. #bronze #ownthepodium.

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown
    So how does the new pope actually make his first appearance? Please say all the lights go off, then his theme music and pyro hits WWE-style.

20. habsfan0 says:

I wonder who the new Pope is?
    If it’s Cardinal Ouellet from Quebec,I imagine one of his first acts will be to bless the Habs and seek divine intervention so that they may win the Stanley Cup this year.

So the Browns have signed Desmont Bryant for $34million over 5 years. But the hilarity is looking at the picture of him in this link, his mugshot and then ask yourself if this guy should get $34 million.

22. habsfan0 says:

Another measuring stick game for the Habs tonight.
    If they lose,that would mean they will have gone 1-3 against the Senators this year.
    Not the proper mindset for heading into the postseason should these 2 teams meet.

23. Phaneufalufagus says:

You make a good point loonie. With the dropping cap, some teams will have to move names based ob money alone, but they won’t be wanting to take on salary. We shouldn’t be burning our picks on rentals this season, we are well stocked to add quality guys in the offseason when teams back up dump trucks.

24. Danno says:

Montreal’s Blake Geoffrion has announced his retirement after suffering a fractured skull last November in a game against the Syracuse Crunch when he was with the Hamilton Bulldogs.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• Jocko says:

Just read about it on TSN. I was excited about the start he got off to. I was really pulling hard for this kid. He used his brain and made the right move, and I wish him the best. I would assume the kid is on twitter, anyone know his handle?

I don’t want to see Maurice tonight, I want to see The Rocket!

• Habilis says:

While I’m glad that Geoffrion is making the best choice for his future, this whole thing just makes me feel for the guy. Coming from that family, getting the chance to play in the Habs organization, and then having his dream derailed by one play. It’s a real shame.

All the best to Blake and his family moving forward.

• Mr. Biter says:

Yeah a real shame. He only played a few games with the Habs last year and though he was not the fastest skater he knew his way around the “Dirty Area” and was not afraid to go there. Hopefully everything works out for him.

Mr. Biter
        No Guts No Glory

• Strummer says:

The sad irony is that his career ended in the rink (Forum/Bell Centre) where the Geoffrion legacy began.

______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

25. Habitant in Surrey says:

…well seems like some old guys have elected a Pope

..et Le but !!!

26. Phaneufalufagus says:

Of course. But I don’t think too many teams would be dangling a first pairing dman for dd and one of the prospects we’d want to include.

27. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I just came online and see an RDS note that Blake Geoffrion has decided to retire

…that was a tough way to end a career and i am disappointed We could not have a link to the past playing on Our Team

…all the best Blake

• Hstands4Hockey says:

Not entirely true. He has informed the team he is seriously contemplating retirement and will make his decision within the next few weeks.

Rule #76: No Excuses, Play Like a Champion!
      @Hstands4Hockey

28. Phaneufalufagus says:

Not resigning dd would be a mistake I think. Yeah we kind of have a glut of centremen right now, but he’s a quality player and I would hate to see him in a different jersey.

• Loonie says:

And what if you can package him and a second round pick or prospect for a first pairing defenseman or top six winger who fills a hole on the roster?

• The Jackal says:

Top six winger for a top six winger?
        First pairing defenseman…. I’d listen to a proposal, but not for DD.

• Loonie says:

A top six winger who fills a need. A WINGER.

And of course my post was a joke because there’s no way this team can trade Desharnais. He’s far too valuable. I mean, Crosby territory.

• Cal says:

When Bourque is back, voila! Top 6 winger.

• Loonie says:

Without Ryder next season, Voila, hole.

When did we acquire this Hole player and why can’t I find his name on hockeydb.com?

• LizardKing12 says:

Loonie, who says Ryder is going anywhere? He’s been very productive thus far and if history is any indication he will come up big in the playoffs. Ryder has had 3 of his 4 most productive seasons in Montreal (by the end of the year might be 4 of 5!) wouldn’t be surprised if both sides wanted to sign a deal.

• Loonie says:

@Lizard.

They both may want to do a deal but Ryder’s probably going to look to cash in bigtime(coming off a 35 goal season and this will probably be his last chance at a long term deal).

Time will tell.

• Cal says:

No hope Ryder gets signed again, then?

• Loonie says:

I don’t think they will Cal but wouldn’t be upset if they brought him back.

• The Jackal says:

All this trade DD talk is born of boredom and lack of other things to talk about.
            Ryder goes? Hole? Ok, well good thing we’ll have lots of cap space.

29. scuba says:

Man, first we miss out on Sestito and now we probably won’t get Eager. I hate being in first place.

——————————————————————————————————–
    I can’t tell if the Habs are great or terrible because sometimes they win and sometimes they lose.

• B says:

If they had more tough guys who can’t play in the lineup, then they would be lower in the standings and be able to pluck more such guys on waivers. I don’t have a problem with being high in the standings and I wouldn’t mind if the Habs end up drafting 30th this summer.

–Go Habs Go!–

30. Loonie says:

For anyone who doesn’t know. Any guesses as to which agency represents Jake Gardiner?

Edit: Answer is Octagon Sports. Also represented by Allan Walsh and Mike Liut.

• krob1000 says:

is it really Walsh’s? I read that this morning…looked to see if it was Walsh..didn’t recognize the name and ignored it. I can’t help but wonder if Gardiner isn’t going to be part of a Luongo package …I wouldn’t include him if I was the Leafs but I also can;t understand why he isn’t playing.

Based on the fact I heard today that his agent sent out a “Free Gardiner” tweet, I am guessing the lovable Mr. Walsh?

• Habilis says:

Newport?

The part I don’t get is what the Leafs are thinking here. Gardiner is obviously among their top 6 D, but they’re worried about exposing guys like Komisarek and Kostka to waivers?

Like anyone would want their garbage.

31. Phaneufalufagus says:

The jackal gets it. Who have we gooned around to get to first in the east? Pittsburgh? Chicago? Anaheim? They don’t rock enforcers So they “don’t get pushed around”. They play better hockey than everyone else more frequently and get a little lucky once in a while. Boston, as goon driven as they appear to be would be nothing if lucic was colton orr, chara was john scott, and if kreici, seguin and bergeron weren’t stupidly good at hockey.
    I’m tired of reading ” can he fight lucic or thornton?” It should be is he a better player than lucic? Or would he make our fourth line better offensively? Love our team. Can’t wait for playoffs!

• The Jackal says:

That’s right.
      I hate the B’s but their goons are not really goons, they are good players who can throw punches. Ask the Leafs if their heavyweights have helped them beat the B’s. Two years and counting, the Leafs have not beat the B’s.

32. Loonie says:

Are the Kings still experiencing the Cup hangover?
    Are the Sharks ready to make major moves?
    Are the Coyotes going to end up in Quebec, Hamilton or Seattle?
    What’s next for the Stars now that Whitney’s back?
    What can the Ducks get for Perry? And do they want to move him?
    When will the Flames rebuild?
    Who will the Avalanche move now that O’Reilly’s signed?
    When will the Oilers stop tanking?
    What will Craig Leopold do if the Wild continue to struggle?
    Is Mike Gillis willing to move on his asking price for Luongo?
    Will Jarmo Kekalainen hit homeruns with three first round picks?
    Which of the 30 available NHL defensemen will Ken Holland land for Detroit?
    With Jake Allen showing promise for St. Louis, does Brian Elliot have any trade value?
    Can Chicago go undefeated for the rest of the season?
    Should Dale Tallon avoid Casinos?
    Are the Capitals that bad or is it Adam Oates?
    What happened to Guy Boucher’s face?
    Are the Jets kidding themselves?
    Should Kirk Muller be considered for the Jack Adams?
    Are the Sabres going to have any NHL players left on their roster after all of the trading is done?
    When will Toronto get an NHL team?
    Will Paul MaCLean shave his moustache?
    Will Boston be trading with Anaheim to build for the next ten years?
    Are the Flyers the most dishonest NHL team?
    Do the Islanders really want to go to Brooklyn?
    Is John Tortorella getting laid?
    Do the Devils have a plan for a goaltender beyond this year?
    How much can the Penguins get for Chris Kunitz?

33. HabFanSince72 says:

The greats save their best performances for the biggest games.

Barcelona down 2-0 from the first leg came back to win the home leg 4-0 thanks to an absolutely unstoppable Lionel Messi.

Check out that first goal. Unbelievable. He was marked by five opposition players!!! 4 min into the game that had to demoralize Milan.

Heading out early today to watch my F.C. Bayern Munich boys take on Arsenal. Messi indeed put on quite a show yesterday, best in the world by a long ways.

• The Jackal says:

As a fan of the Rossoneri, I can’t say I like Barca. Can’t stand them.
      They probably have the biggest bandwagon jumper fans, but Messi is incredible. He is a great player. Maybe if Barca had the Unicef logo back on their jerseys I would like them a bit more. Qatar Foundation? Damn oil money forcing its way into separate spheres (Walzer, 1983).

• HabFanSince72 says:

Jackal – have you ever seen a game at the San Siro? I was in the curva when Milan beat Manchester Utd in the CL. Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo, Cafu, Schevchenko. What a team!

34. commandant says:

Our Trade Deadline series continues with the Capitals

and Max on why Detroit should have interest in Brian Campbell and what he would cost

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Body_of_Price_Repels_You says:

Hendricks is interesting. Not tall but could be an upgrade on the fourth line. If Moen doesn’t start checking with more aggression soon I’d like to see him replaced. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is playing with an injury

• remi_10069 says:

We don’t need another punching bag…Prust kicked the crap out of him.

pipes

• LizardKing12 says:

Lol in case you didn’t realize hockey players can be useful in other aspects of the game. Hendricks is an excellent face off man. Last I checked he had won 63% of his face offs this season. That is a quality that the canandiens desperately need. Winning key faceoffs correlates to scoring more goals and allowing less. More important than a goon.

35. Mattyleg says:

Thanks for the responses to my question below on the Most Maligned Hab For Least Reason!

I would go for DD.

I haven’t seen a Hab get so much negative press for so little reason.

“He’s not a #1 centre”
    “His wingers make him look good”
    “He’s too small”

Are all TERRIBLE resons to think a player is not good.
    How much does he cost us, and what’s his impact on every game he plays?
    How many games has he missed with injuries? Surely loads because he’s so small…

I’m sure there are plenty of people on here who have decided they don’t like him because the crowd on l’Antichambre think he’s great, but a) that’s sad and petty, and 2) even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

DD has had people underrating him his whole career, leading to him not having been drafted.

Go for it, Davey.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Loonie says:

Negative press?

He’s talked about as the Habs best offensive player whenever I have TSN, RDS or CBC on the tube.

• krob1000 says:

I am guessing most of those posts were taken out of context and not originated as slights at DD…most I read were comparing Eller and DD or in response to people knocking Eller yet praising DD with respect to offensive numbers. People began saying it was make or break time for Eller, wanting to trade him,etc and that Dd is the one that should be kept if a decsion had to made. That is when all of the over analyzing began…at least on my part. If given a choice between the two I take Eller by a country mile. That doesn’t mean I don’t like DD…but between the two….Eller.Dd is playing great right now and his ability to find space is great an he works hard but Eller is far better defensively and more versatile…and I don;t believe the offensive difference is that much.

• Mattyleg says:

…but what context justifies saying things that I listed above?
        I wasn’t convinced of Eller’s greatness, but nothing that I said was as blatantly untrue as things that were said about Desharnais.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• krob1000 says:

perhaps not you…but in general everyone criticized Eller for one reason..hi sofensvie production..then wanted him gone and justified it with DD’s numbers. I like DD…but many, many times on here have debated his “great season”and whether or not to keep he or Eller moving forward. The “number 1 center” thing is a fallacy in MOntreal…Pleks is the best center on the team..there fore the number 1 centre IMO regardless of point output in a given season.

Wingers made him better…statistically this is of course true…better wingers equals more points..doesn;t mean DD isn’t a good center too…but Dd would not put up those points with Moen and Armstrong…that is true. “he’s too small”…this has been the knock against the Habs for years…I like to think it doesn’t matter as I am a hair under 5’10″ myself. In puck battles and on the defesnvie side of the puck it can matter…DD wins many puck battles though with very clever body positioning and a quick stick but he still wins less than a similarly skilled larger guy would. Is he too small for the NHL? of course not look what he has done in the NHL…however, if not for having two very hard working wingers and very reliable defensive centers assuming the difficult matchups would he be as good? no…should he be expected to be ? no….he is what he is….a point producing offensive centermen who will excel in favourable matchups and can thread the needle with the best of them.
          Dd is great at what he does

• The Cat says:

DD is getting the same treatment as Koivu, Gomez. All were number 1 centres by default, a fate Plekanec has luckily avoided, or else he wouldve been destroyed.

• krob1000 says:

Pleks was…the year after he Kovy and Andrei were the top line..he followed with an off year and everyone on here wanted him gone because of his point totals comletely ignoring everything else he does

• mdp2011 says:

Agreed and to add to the “His wingers make him look good” argument, I think if you asked every offensive winger on the Habs which centermen they would want to play with, I think the overwhelming answer would be DD.

• Gerry H says:

I shudder to think what people’s expectations are for his next contract. This guy is due for something in the range of $3-4MM and I think his detractors will have a hard time wrapping their minds around that.

• Loonie says:

I believe he’s earned a contract that pays him that much. But if I’m Bergevin I’m not the one giving it to him.

I’d roll with Plekanec, Galchenyuk and Eller and if Galchenyuk struggles in the middle I bring up Dumont or Bournival to the third line centre role.

I’d package Desharnais with other piece or pieces in the off-season to add something significant. He doesn’t fit into a third line role and there’s no reason to keep him instead of Plekanec or Galchenyuk in my opinion.

• krob1000 says:

I think you give him one more year or 2 years at around 3 mi-3.5 as I can’t see Galchnyuk beign ready up the middle yet until then. Also witht he window with Gionta and Markov being realtivbely small I would resing him unless you have a better upgrde in place.

• krob1000 says:

Re below..how effective would Markov be more than 2 years from now or even Pleks….next 2 seasons and this one you want to be as strong as can be

• Loonie says:

I don’t consider anyone on the roster other than Price, Subban or Plekanec a “missing link” where we can’t survive without them.

Desharnais’ removal from the roster hurts without an upgrade at his position or somewhere else, but the team wouldn’t be doomed without him.

36. lach60 says:

Geoffrion retiring accoring to tsn…

sorry already posted below

• Vinny Red says:

I was just about to post that, you beat me to it. Sad to see him have to end it all at such an early age, but living a productive life is more important hockey. Best of luck to him

37. Thomas Le Fan says:

I’m not sure why but I just hate the Senators. Maybe because there’s nothing more useless in Ottawa and that’s saying a lot.
    Go Habs!

There is no “i” in team or “chuck” in Galchenyuk.

38. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

This will be the first game where the absence of PRUST is felt.

and that may very well translate into a shameful loss…
    depends on the tactic of Ottawa

The N.A.G. (North American Grit) effect is the only path to success…
    without PRUST we’d be a total BUST

• dorvalhabsfan says:

as useful as he has been… he does not create the outcome… we will not miss him in the short term… not to be confused with we don’t need him. I’m not worried about the Habs while he is out.

Go Habs Go

• The Cat says:

• HAB-PROFESSOR says:

I guess you mean we’ll need him in a long tough playoff run…

but don’t underestimate first off his SKILL and his DETERRENT factor… it matters against the tough teams (which are the majority)

The N.A.G. (North American Grit) effect is the only path to success…
        without PRUST we’d be a total BUST

• Luke says:

Deterrent Factors are over rated.

Please refer to Emelin givng the stick to Seguin while Chara was watching. If that doesn’t deter anything, nothing will.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Time for Moen to show up more…

• dorvalhabsfan says:

Time for blunden to be called up for a tryout to replace Moen or Armstrong… if he does well package one of the 2 for a draft pick i would hope for a 3… a 2nd rounder if we’re lucky

as much as I’m no real GM, seems like a totally logical move no?

Go Habs Go

• Luke says:

But Armstrong has 1 fewer point as a Hab than Blunden does in fewer games. I say let Armstrong play 15 more games and supplant Blundy on the list of all time greats.

• HAB-PROFESSOR says:

agree, he is one tough kid

The N.A.G. (North American Grit) effect is the only path to success…
        without PRUST we’d be a total BUST

• The Cat says:

Fully agreed. TB and FLA were/are nothing.

• The Jackal says:

Prust is a key part, but the Habs are not going to get shamed or pushed around because he is out.

I just don’t get why people think fighting and goonery actually wins games. It’s a ridiculous proposition!

• HAB-PROFESSOR says:

its the DETERRENT that plays a big part in winning those games, where they heck have you been the last 5 years? when we had nobody to fight Lucic… things have changed.

The N.A.G. (North American Grit) effect is the only path to success…
        without PRUST we’d be a total BUST

• The Jackal says:

We still have nobody to fight those guys, it doesn’t matter. It’s team toughness, not heavyweights. The deterrent is the fact that the Habs won’t be intimidated, so it doesn’t matter if there are goons or not.

39. christophor says:

I often agree with Tom but have to disagree about Armstrong being good on the PK.

I think he’s been the worst Habs PK forward. Too slow to keep pressure on the point while manning the side boards at the same time.

That being said, it’s very true that he doesn’t lose the puck and that’s starting to show on the PK – he’s been better. Still too slow in my opinion. The PK has been good because guys like Plekanec and Eller are fast enough to track the play down the side boards while quickly recovering to pressure the point when the puck is sent back there.

• Cal says:

The PK has been good because Pleks isn’t on it all the time, along with PP minutes. The man finally has some help and, yes, Armstrong is part of that help.

• Loonie says:

Early in the season I agree Armstrong was making bad decisions with the puck on the PK.

But this was a reply to Matty about who’s been taking the most heat. I feel it’s been Armstrong and shouldn’t be him. He’s doing his job pretty darn well in my view.

Bouillon – He’s been consisntently awful in front of our net. Blown coverages and ineffectiveness physically have lead to goals from screens and deflections that have come rather easily for players up against him. That and he vacates his post at the drop of a hat and it routinely leaves players wide open for backdoor scoring opportunities. But he’s played over 500 games for the organization and because of that the love for him trumps his poor play when the puck isn’t on his stick.

Moen, Armstrong, Markov, Desharnais and Ryder have been taking heat here and Moen’s really the only guy who’s deserved it consistently. And yet Bouillon’s play is seen through rose coloured glasses because he’s another little engine that could and has put the CH on a lot throughout his career.

• habsfan0 says:

But,you have to admit,that was a laser of a shot that Bouillon put beyond Budaj in Sunrise.

• Loonie says:

Haha. Sure was. I think he’s been one of our better puck movers this year but he’s definitely been a huge liability when the biscuit hasn’t been on his tape.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Agree on Moen. He was given a generous 4 year deal after an injury plagued season. He should be giving more. It is harder to criticize Armstrong who is on a 1 year/ 1million deal. Basically a good in the room/filler player.

• habs001 says:

pk 14th now..that is okay in the reg season but not sure if the pk remains the same if this will not be the reason Habs get beaten in a series…

40. habsfan0 says:

After spending some time in North Korea playing basketball and making nice nice with dictator and ruling lunatic Kim Jong-un, Dennis Rodman is now in Vatican City.

I think if Rodman is there hoping to play a pick up game of hoops with the Cardinals, he may be out of luck as they seem to be busy with this voting thing,or whatever.

• Mattyleg says:

I heard they’re trying to decide the teams.
      (it’s harder in basketball because you can’t just throw your sticks in the middle)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

41. LeHabfan13 says:

Ottawa will be trying to make it 3 out of 4 tonight. Habs had better not fall asleep in the 2nd period or any period for that matter. They can beat Ottawa if they come to play 60-minutes anything less. Gonna be 2-points for Ottawa.

42. twilighthours says:

Also, any newyorkophiles have a recommendation on where to stay in Greenwich village?

43. Propwash says:

Funny how goons wind up on the waiver wire on a regular basis. There’s gotta be a reason somewhere….

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

In Pateryn interview see a bit of Jessiva. Cutie pie.

45. Rad says:

Eager has not been very good in Edmonton, I don’t see how he would benefit the Canadiens. Here is Edmonton Sports Columnist Jonathan Willis’ take on Eager:

46. twilighthours says:

If you are a parent, a person who knows a kid, or a human, you’d better not read into this Steubenville rape trial. It is disgusting.

I’m home with the mother of all flus and this is the news I’ve got.

• LeHabfan13 says:

If Guilty. I hope they get life. why do some guys treat women like that. Never mind I have the answer. They’re scum bags and should be tortured to death …..

47. Loonie says:

Holyfield – Tyson – Lewis
    Mosley – De La Hoya – Vargas
    Silva – St. Pierre – Diaz
    Hogan – Lesnar – Savage

48. thirdstone says:

Don’t know if this has been posted, but seems like Geoffrion is retiring.

49. Seps says:

As a side note, Ben Eager is on waivers. That’s a goon without giving up anything, anyone biting?

50. joebatts says:

Can anybody help me on how to add or change a pic for avatar? it’s been a while and just can’t see where to do it. I tried to go into the edit profile settings but no luck.

HABS4LIFE!!

51. arcosenate says:

The asking price for Clowe is a first rounder and a prospect, that’s a bit over the top.

52. monmick says:

Is Kassian available tonight for the Sens? (Not that they would need to dress him.) I read somewhere that he would be joining the team in “Ottawa” on Wednesday. Not sure whether that was a typo…

Mathematically eliminated…

53. Seps says:

Anyone see the Perry hit on Zucker, IMO that’s a clean hit. He hit him less than 2 seconds after he had the puck. You never admire your pass, especially if it’s a drop pass.

54. Mattyleg says:

Here’s a question for you all:

Which Hab is HI/O posters hardest on with least reason?

a) Tomas Kaberle
    b) Colby Armstrong
    c) Lars Eller
    d) David Desharnais
    e) Josh Gorges

—Hope Springs Eternal—

55. mdp2011 says:

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor
    Oilers have put Ben Eager on waivers…. #NHL

56. alfieturcotte says:

Fresh sheet of ice….Go Habs!