Game 5: Price nabs first win at home in months

Canadiens’ Tomas Plekanec celebrates his game-winning goal against the Senators on Saturday night. Robert J. Galbraith, The Gazette

Preview | Matchups | Saturday’s NHL schedule | Boone’s
Game Blog
and About last night … | Stubbs

on Twitter | Hickey’s game story

AUDIO: Tomas Plekanec | Andrei Kostitsyn | Jacques Martin | Brian Gionta | Carey PriceMathieu Darche

• At a Glance: Carey Price won for the first time at the Bell Centre since Feb. 10, and the Canadiens defeated the Ottawa Senators 4-3 Saturday night.
Brian Gionta scored his first goal of the season – and his first as the Canadiens captain – only 1:06 into the game after a turnover at the Montreal blue line gave him a breakaway on Brian Elliott. Gionta deked the goalie and beat him with a backhand.
Ottawa got that one back nine minutes later when Milan Michalek pounced on rebound on a shot from Daniel Alfredsson.
The Canadiens dominated the second period, with Ottawa not getting a shot on goal until the 10:20 mark of the period. But Ottawa made it count when Erik Karlsson blasted a shot from the point past Price. Less than a minute later, Michalek scored his second of the game for a 3-1 Ottawa lead.
The Canadiens fought back, though, to tie the game 3-3 before the period was over. Jeff Halpern was credited with the second goal when his pass from behind the net went off the skate of Ottawa defenceman Chris Campoli and slipped behind Elliott.
Andrei Kostitsyn tied the game 3-3 with less than three minutes to play with a nice move after a pass from Tomas Plekanec.
The two players combined to give the Canadiens a 4-3 lead, this time with Plekanec beating Elliott with four minutes to play for his second goal of the season.
Price finished with 16 saves, while Elliott stopped 33 of 37 shots he faced. Robin Lehner stopped three shots he faced at the start of the third period as Elliott missed the first few minutes of the frame as he had a skate repaired.

• Key Moments: The Canadiens power play was blanked again, going 0-for-5 and has scored only one goal all season.

• What It Means: Montreal’s win improves its record to 3-1-1 for seven points in five games and they have won two straight games.

• What’s Next:
The Canadiens have a few days off before the New Jersey Devils visit the Bell Centre. Montreal then travels to Ottawa to face the Senators again next Saturday.

1. Say Ash says:

Time for us to extend Josh Gorges for a long, long time. He’s a friggin’ warrior and quite a stud, it turns out…

2. samTHEman says:

fine milf. she walked by me twice at the habs practice facility….bang

3. bertuzzisucks says:

Thorton at 7 million for 90 points is so overated.

I would rather have Gomez at 7.4 million for 12 goals and 50 points.

And dont pull out that intangibles rubbish.

or Hammer at 5.5mil or Spacek at 3.83 mil

thorton is a good deal

Are you going to bark all day little doggy? Or are you going to bite?

… and now overpaid.

5. WindsorHab-10 says:

Always a winner in my book.

6. WindsorHab-10 says:

He’s overrated.

7. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Chantale Machabée is awesome, just thought I would share that with everyone.

8. WindsorHab-10 says:

Sens always bring their A-game to Montreal. We better bring ours.

Jason, you should not have a problem if you use your contact e-mail on your profile here.

10. adam76 says:

A rather senile old lady went to her doctor complaining of draining
    and a feeling of fullness in her ear. After the examination, the
    doctor initiated a conversation that went as follows:
    D: Why madam, I think you have a suppository in your ear. L: ? eh?
    D: Madam – You have a SUPPOSITORY in your EAR! L: ?? EH??
    D: (shouting) -IN YOUR EAR! -A SUPPOSITORY!!! L: Oh, thank
    Goodness – now I know where I put my hearing aid!

11. adam76 says:

Stating facts – nothing more.

12. Bugs says:

We got the low-down on Markov’s ever-shifting return date. Shipping snafus are holding up the works. In-depth report.

Andrei Markov still waiting for parts.

Decadently yours, I recline as

13. savethepuck says:

Hilarious.

14. Bryan says:

Sharks sign Thornton to a 3 year, $21 million contract extension.  Good deal.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

15. lefreak says:

habsinsideout needs a ticker that countdown the hours and days since the leafs actually won a cup….the problem with this is that they don’t make monitors big enough to hold that much yet:p

16. savethepuck says:

A goaltender’s focus comes from him being confident. He is tracking the puck extremely well and always in the play.

17. savethepuck says:

tonight is the night that the ticker on the Toronto site that’s counting down the time since Carey’s last home win is stopped.

18. lefreak says:

I agree.

They got rid of “the one we shall not mention” and got price a backup that really can not play more than 20 games for this team to have success. You give Carey the keys to the car, you need to give him the ice time of a number one goalie with the heavy burden of being a “supposed” (quoted not because i don’t think he is, he just has to prove it consistently imo) franchise player.

Carey has always shared his ice time when he has been here, to take the next step in his development he needs to play 60 games at least per year. I can say that my confidence level in him is way higher than it was before the seaon started, and he has handled himself perfectly to date. If it keeps up this way, we can push back those tee times a few weeks:)

19. Storm Man says:

Adam is out of suppositorys today.

20. Habsrule1 says:

I’m glad he’s sticking with Price. He’s playing some of the best hockey of his career right now (albeit only 4 games) and I think he needs to stay in there for a while and keep gaining confidence. I love how focused he looks. It’s been a while since I could say that. He never seems to give up on any plays at all.

Go Habs Go!! “Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

I will add this. For Price my major criticism of him was his body language. He just exuded a lack of confidence. Not this year, at least not so far and I hope this trend continues. Price so far has looked aggressive, smart, alert and cat-like in his reflexive action. I knew he had it in him I just thought it would’ve taken a bit longer for him to show these qualities. I loved Halak and was seriously shocked when he got traded. I still think the Habs made the right move. We got a high return for Halak and in essence Price is accepting the challenge. Habs look like they’ll finish in the top 4 in the conference.

Another thing I’d like to mention, and thanks to SF09 for the updates, is that organizationally the Habs are starting to look very deep with the amount of quality prospects in the mill.

I certainly wont take credit, I’ll hand that to Gainey and company, but when I went on my tanking schtick it was all about doing so with the intent of rebuilding. Well I stand corrected. The current brain trust might’ve taken my words to heart and showed that it can be done without being in the draft lottery for consecutive years. It’s harder, it’s more noble, and in the long run I believe it’ll produce a very solid team for the long term a la Detroit and New Jersey.

Gainey cleaned house two summer’s ago with the intent of rebuilding not just the roster but the indentity of the Habs. Or as one of my esteemed colleagues who posts here often has stated, “a heart transplant.”

22. Chips says:

I’m really glad that JM is starting Price. I wouldn’t sit him while he is riding the hot hand. Look what happened last year at this point of the season when he sat him after 2 awesome first games by Price!!!!! Hope he gets that home win tonight. He deserves it big time. GO CAREY!!!

25 in 2011

23. sholi2000.com says:

As long as your not breaking any laws and spamming like a loser then you’ll be fine, plus you’ll be helping out your fellow Canadiens fans.

They Call Me Shane

24. Fansincebirth says:

I told my Dad that I would take him to a game at the Bell Centre when he turned 80 (Jan 2011) so I will be looking after the New Year…..

25. lefreak says:

thanks for the replies guys, i just want to make sure that it wouldn’t be spam. Most sites do not allow people to sell things without permission…i’m just covering my bases here.

I’ll post them em up when i know for sure which games i can’t get to.:) They are always in section 208 with the free food and drink. We will do the seat numbers privately for certain obvious reasons.:p

26. adam76 says:

They allow the exchange of illegal sites for game broadcasting – why not scalping?  Just not gambling.

yuor ptsos are btoh a pesalure and a cenlghale to raed

Go for it. I’d be one of the interested parties if you did. I have already bought tickets through this site before with great satisfaction.

29. lefreak says:

Just a honest question here, i don’t want to break any rules. If ever I have tickets that I can’t use, are we allowed to post it up here? It wouldn’t be for tonight, but it has come to my attention that i might not be able to make 1 or 2 of them. When i confirm this, i figured that i might as well offer it to some of the die hards here…I’m not a scalper and someone should enjoy them.

Thanks to anyone that can clear this up for me.

30. showey47 says:

Gaborik is going to be a huge loss for the rangers. Even though the rags had a hard time scoring goals last year gaborik was involved in the highest amount of his teams goals then any player in the league.

31. saskhabfan says:

Yup,we outshot,outchanced,outhit and outplayed the leafs without cammy,markov and hamrlik. A full lineup would have been an easy win. Homerbowen likes to use the “tinytot” as a reason but isn’t smart enough to realize those “tiny tots” like cammy and gio scored 22 playoff goals between them. Just shows how clueless homer is. Detroit has been one of the smallest teams in the league for many,many years. Doesn’t seem to hurt them too much.

32. krob1000 says:

Rangers lost Gaborik, Drury and PRospal yesterday…..Gaborik probably only for a couple of weks, Drury for six and Prospal hasd surgery……those damn Leafs play them twice over that stretch!  The Ragngers will bein super tough to make the playoffs….depth isn;t hteir strong suit….they need Lundqvist to play off the charts and Avery has to put away his pest act for a little while and play hockey ….

33. joeybarrie says:

I don’t know about alot thats been said concerning our team. Its ONLY been 4 games. 4 games without our best player, and the first without our best scorer. We have won 2 and tied 1. Any team playing without their top player, missing the best scorer for 1, and missing a top D for 2 would say that 5 points from your first 4 games in this scenario is not a bad thing. LOTS OF POSITIVES

Price is playing great.

AK is looking good.

Pouliot is trying with everything he has and is unlucky in my opinion so far.

Cammalleri i right where we want him to be 3 points in 3 games, 2 goals.

Pleks is doing well, 3 points in 4 games.

GORGES is doing GREAT.

What we are lacking is production from Gomez and Gio. It’s ok though… Its only been 4 games

Young kids settling and learning, but making mistakes.

Tonight will show what we are to expect of this team. Back to back games, we will see who picks it up and who plays well.

TRY TO REMEMBER… We keep up this pace all season and we would end up with 103 points… WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD ENOUGH FOR 2ND or 3RD LAST SEASON….

I cannot imagine why we shouldn’t be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

34. ZepFan2 says:

4 games. We’ve played 4 (four) games.

Chill out!

————————————————————————–

“The Soft Parade has now begun.
    Listen to the engines hum.”

35. nightmare_49 says:

hb – Can’t wait for your post game post when we get bombed.

36. habsguy says:

did you watch the hab /  leaf game, we we were without 3 of out top players amd still we should have won !!!!!

37. nightmare_49 says:

Ottawa Citizen’s Game Preview:

Ottawa Senators at Montreal Canadiens on Oct. 16, 2010

by James Gordon

THE WILDCARD: Alex Kovalev. He’s been Ottawa’s most disappointing forward, a designation he must be getting used to by now. That said, he is returning to Montreal and is usually motivated at le Centre Bell. Jason Spezza, Mike Fisher, Milan Michalek and Daniel Alfredsson woke up last game and contributed to the win. Now it’s AK27′s turn to stop shooting blanks and do the same.

38. homerbowen says:

Winning in Buffalo was nice but when are our highly paid forwards going to do something (good). Once again, Gomez played at 1/8 his salary and our 3 tiny tots had a total of 5 shots on goal!  Geez AK had that many himself. What gives!!! Too many tiny tots on one team. I watched both Habs and Laff games (pvr) and I hate to say it but we will have trouble with the Laffs this year. And for any Habs police, no I hate the Laffs and have been a Habs fan for many. many years…… just venting.

39. saskhabfan says:

carey price and his 0.925 save percentage ranks his first among goalies having played 4 games or more.

40. nightmare_49 says:

JM Chaumont tweets:

(french version)  ….  Jean-Pierre Dumont parle de son coéquipier à Nashville, Sergei Kostitsyn. http://bit.ly/acaqLn …..

41. TomNickle says:

I believe the initial announcement said you have until the 19 minute mark of the third period to vote.

Price stole the point we got in the Tampa game and it goes without saying that he robbed the Penguins of that win.

The best thing about this situation is that he looks like he`s gonna be lights out on the road.  If he plays well at home, we`ll be competing in if not controlling the division race.

42. SlovakHab says:

Love to hear it.

43. WestHab says:

4 games in the books. 4 one goal games and I think it’s fair to say all the games were kept in reach. If not for the goaltending the Habs have been getting they would have lost even that single point afainst TB.

I take it Markov is still out?

and has anyone here voted for the three stars yet? How much time do you have to do it in before they count up the votes?

44. TomNickle says:

Looks like Jacques is trying to keep Price in a rhythm.  Can`t say that I blame him.

Could be trying to get him a you know what too.  He`s coming ridiculously close.

45. joeybarrie says:

I started doing one with the number of days its been since the Toronto Maple Leafs won a playoff game, however it took too much space and my computer didn’t have enough memory to finish the page… SORRY

Funny about Price though, but sad that it comes from Toronto. But then again when you haven’t won a cup in the lifetime of most people involved in the NHL and not seen a playoff game in the NHL career of most of its players not much else will raise your spirits.

Why else do you think we keep letting them win??? Otherwise they will smarten up and move to another city, and then we will have no one to make fun of…(in the official language they don’t understand)

Before anyone calls me a racist, im kidding…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

46. Harani says:

And it’s confirmed: Carey Price starts! Thank you JM!!!

“It must be love!”

47. nightmare_49 says:

H –

48. Laslty, just an evil, evil thing.  It’s also rather humorous: How long has it been since Carey Price won a home game? [Pension Plan Puppets]
  • larisalapointe says:

Agreed. Price is a workhorse and if Marty Brodeur can play what like 70 games a year having 15 years on Price, I’m sure Price will hate ever again to watch from the bench. After all, he “only” faced 22 shots last night. lol

• alestar says:

Price is playing great, Eller is playing great…PK is bringing his infectious spirit to the team.

LOVE IT!

XXIV…and counting

• adam76 says:

Plus, you got to go with the hot hand.  Play till you lose.

Also – this has to be reset, STAT:

• Harani says:

JFChaumont tweets that Auld is taking part in thte optional practice suggesting that Price will be the starter. Adnd I want Price to start.

After today, the Habs have 4 days off until they play New Jersey on Thursday. Price can rest then. Tonight, he plays.

“It must be love!”

• ManApart says:

My post has to do with you calling people idiots when they make truthful and valid points. If you think they’re wrong, explain why. I’ve been on people in the past, but I explained exactly my reasoning for feeling that way and my arguement for my point of view. You give no rebuttal at all. Rarely even make a hockey point. It’s just you’re stupid when you say something negative about the Habs and your not if you don’t. I back up everything I say, with a line of reasoning, whether it’s faulty or not. I mean it’s a hockey site. You may not know much about hockey or may be a bit of a dumb hick, but at least explain why you think sombody’s opinion is ‘dumb”, if you’re going to call them that. I don’t give a crap about you or anyone else saying i’m wrong, My views are right in line with most hockey experts in and out of this town, so that says it all. My point is, if you’re going to say something, back it up with facts or something. Otherwise you’re just an internet punk.

• jennifer1984 says:

im not sure but i know CBC plans on showing a couple of AHL games on tv this  year.

obviously not tonight but its cool knowing we can watch a few. i love going to the Dogs games.

• saskhabfan says:

No need to come to bat for me hardhabits,his post has nothing to do with homer and everything to do with me burning him with a post he made a personal attack to ian with. Why do you think he has only responded to me and not to anyone else who responded to homerbowen? He seems to get insulted when somebody like me steps up for the berkshire’s,sf 09′s,ian cobb’s or anyone else who actually wants this team to win. Its always the same,the posters  who do nothing but attack anybody with a positive attitude throw the biggest hissy fits when somebody does it back to them or one of their little clique members.

• StevieRay says:

What about them Braves…Milwaukee ..Aaron…Lew Burdette …Eddie Mathews ,,,Warren Spahn  ..!!!

• Ian Cobb says:

Bring on the Brooklyn Dodgers, now that was baseball. Delormier Stadium was awesome. Jackie Robinson, Pee Wee Reece and many more Campanella.

• ManApart says:

If you know anything about that guy, then you know he’s the worst one on here. Calling Homer clueless is one of his lighter attacks. I’m aware what I called him and that was being polite, according to what he deserves. He’s garbage. I mean, he really is. I don’t feel remotely close to that about anyone else on this entire site.

I’m aware it’s only 4 games in on Gomez and Gio, but nonetheless what I said is accurate. Not condemning them for the season. Just stating they have not done a thing since camp opened. We all know how over payed Gomez is, even if he was playing well, so if he’s invisible, with his cap hit, he’s the biggest liability in the league.

• punkster says:

They allow babies to play in the NHL?

Oh, you mean tiny tots as in midgets, smurfs, little people and any other derogatory term some use when they want to make fun of other people. Kind of like the term jerk or weiner or bozo. Right? Just asking.

• HardHabits says:

The only personal attacks I see are from you. Didn’t you call him a “joke” and a “moron”?

invisible all year?!?!!?! Dude!! Chill out. We’re 4 games in.

• punkster says:

Vuk! Steve Austin look out.

• ManApart says:

Thornton hasn’t been great in the playoffs, but he gives way more bang for your buck than Gomez. Gomez is paid more and gives you half the points. Worst contract in hockey and one that does immeasurable harm to the Habs.

• StevieRay says:

Quota from Nova Scotia also … to many Bluenosers ???   come on …we’re not that scary !!!!

• StevieRay says:

Big win last nite !!!  Beer gone !..got another though… now hoping for a Price win at home ..let tonite BE the nite !!!

A hard rain is falling on the east coast . Inside kinda day .. Go Rangers !!! Texas that is !

• ManApart says:

You’re such a joke. You really can see how unintelligent you are, and I’m not just saying that because I think you’re a moron. Completely biased to the point of pure delusion. The Laffs won the game fair and square. Coming out with excuses is for losers. Oh ya, look who I’m talking to. Homer was stating that the “tiny tots” did not do good last night. Gomez and Gio have been invisible all year and preseason. Nobody was talking about last year. That’s over 12 million right there. That’s your problem, people make valid points and truthful statements. If it is even slightly negative towards the Habs you right away attack them personally. You’re a complete waste of time. Kinda like trying to talk with an Ox.

• scrowe21 says:

Listening to the Bulldogs game on the radio…is there ever any streams for their games? Avtsin and Palushaj BOTH out with injuries already.. bummer

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

• Psycho29 says:

Back from a week in Cuba…3 days of tourista…Ay Caramba!!

Had access to TVA and ESPN in Cuba, really sad to see the NHL scores buried at the bottom of the screen on ESPN (just the scores, no details), and no highlights. So much for Gary’s dream of making it big time down South.

Haven’t watched a Hab’s game completely yet, but saw the last half of last night’s game. I liked what I saw. This team looks like it will need to work hard to win, no easy games this season.

I also have noticed that some thinks on this site haven’t changed. People complain big time when the team loses. And still complain when they win. Just not as much!!

Enjoy tonight’s game!!!!

• mike g says:

Hey dudes….

I got some tickets for the ALS game tomorrow. 45 yard line, regular $200 FOR THE PAIR, AND i’M SELLING th pair for 99.99$.

If anyone’s interested, let men know, send me a msg.

Also got 4 tickets for the Juniors next wednesday. 10$ each if anyone wants.

Have a nice one…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

• Sheldon says:

Keep hoping sport. Another championship is just two series away. We used to be able to say the same thing about the Habs. Ah, those were the days!

• Ian Cobb says:

Not much going on here, guess I’ll go watch and hope someone can beat the Yankees.

• Ian Cobb says:

I just tried but I only got hit with arrows, HIO Indians.!!

• CanadienBoy says:

Thornton just got a extension 3 years for 21 mil. not bad if you can get it.

• Ian Cobb says:

I don’t know anyone on this site that is opinionated Dragonfly.!!

• icemachine says:

So Eller is on the Pine already? How long before the Molson Bros. have had enough of watching young guys not get the leadership they need. He’s as bad as Cito for giving the Vets yards and the rookies inches.

• krob1000 says:

so…..i took ellis tonight in my pool and the bolts are down 4-1 after 1 and he got the hook…..

• TomNickle says:

Short passes make it easier for the attacking team to isolate on the passing options when the Habs are trying to exit the zone.

• TomNickle says:

The fall back to earth for the Lightning and Leafs is going to be a hard crash.

• tricolore says:

Pouliot has some sort of evil voodoo curse on him. He can’t buy a goal.

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

• TomNickle says:

Hamrlik through eight minutes of icetime has now passed the puck into our slot, tipped a goal by Carey Price and nearly deflected a second one into the net(Spacek’s fault though).

Shake the rust off buddy.

Darche in, Pyatt out.

• tricolore says:

It takes something special to beat Elliott tonight. That 4th goal was ‘lightning in a bottle’. Like AK’s start to the season.

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

• Chips says:

Not on CBC!!!! he was second star and Pleky was first star. At Bell centre it was the other way around!!

25 in 2011

• lavie says:

Andre should be the 1st star tonight!

• tricolore says:

There’s the Carey we all remember. However, the bozos in front of him are playing like manure. Elliott’save early in the 2nd are going to be the critical points.

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

• SmartDog says:

Price needs a bigger glove.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

• TomNickle says:

Can we please get rid of Hamrlik…..now.  Not tomorrow, not next week, not next season…..now.

Tips a goal by Price, two giveaways into the slot in our end, dives in front of the goalie on the second Senators goal and gets caught at centre ice on the Senators third goal.

Enough is enough.

It must be because he played a lot of minutes last year.

Jesus he’s bad.

• TomNickle says:

Hamrlik needs a trip to Hamilton.

• pmaraw says:

im gonna say… those were nice shots, tough break for price.  toe drag to a high backhand shot…  thats a tough one cause you cant predict where backhanders are gonna go

• pmaraw says:

Way to go boys!!!

• MTLForever says:

Unreal right now.

• SmartDog says:

THREE pucks over the glove.  It’s like a cheat in a video game.

Maybe they need a team of geniuses to help him work on that.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

• terrygain says:

It appears that he has fully recovered from his concussion.

• TomNickle says:

Maybe they need to cut the guy who was responsible for all three goals.

Not the goaltender.

Goal #1……….Hamrlik deflects an Alfredsson slap shot by Price.

Goal #2……….Hamrlik dives in front of his goaltender when he’s trying to come out and challenge the shooter.

Goal #3……….Hamrlik gets caught at centre ice and the puck carrier skates down his uncovered side of the ice and has free reign to walk to the middle and move the goalie cross crease.

• mezzi14 says:

I have never seen a wose defense than Spacek and Hammrlik, 8 mil tied up to these 2 clowns? get them out of here!!!!

” They call me Drew”

• tricolore says:

Nothing but hard work pays off. Love this kid Halpern.

• tricolore says:

Elliott is outplaying Price. Habs outshooting Ottawa 11 to 3 in the period, and have been outscored 2-1. Mind you Hamrlik is not helping CP tonight.

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

Dear Geoff Molson,

Please get in touch with whoever the hell runs AK Bars of the KHL, tell him you want Alexei Yemelin now.  Tell him that you will send him a cheque and that he’s free to fill in any amount under $10 million to have him rip up Yemelin’s contract so that he can sign and play here immediately.

Sincerely,

Sick of Roman

• mezzi14 says:

Blame the clowns Hammer and Spacek

” They call me Drew”

• tricolore says:

PHew! Thanks AK.

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

• pmaraw says:

OMG WHAT A GLOVE SAVE!!!

• warriorhockey says:

ak just took eliotts jock off !!

• tricolore says:

Nice one. One more year. Sigh.

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

• TomNickle says:

Ever played net and gone 11 minutes without a shot until the first one is a defenseman with a 100mph slap shot walking in alone on you with your defenseman diving in front of you so that you can’t come out and challenge?

• MTLForever says:

i don’t think pyatt is playing?

• DavidKB says:

AK is becoming “the man”.

• DavidKB says:

Redemption!

• dre1744 says:

Tits is the best hab out on the ice tonight.  We need to send Roman to the minors  Aka  oiler  style!!!!!!!!

• punkster says:

Wow. I was gonna hang here for a while but the atmosphere is rather bipolar. Back to the Boone blog.

• slapshot777 says:

I think that AK46 can truly concentrate on his game this year. Last year was the distraction of his brother and the year before that was Kovalev effect on him. This season he can be his own man.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

• punkster says:

…and tell that chimp to stub that roach!

• TomNickle says:

I hope it’s that Sergei’s gone and not that he’s in a contract year.

• slapshot777 says:

I still can’t understand why the Habs have so difficult of a time trying to get out of their own zone. The defensemen make horrible first passes. With all the speed on the Habs team and when don’t get any sustained pressure in the offensive zone.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

• dre1744 says:

quit pickin on the Chimp  he likes too smoke and drink beer!!!!!!

• TomNickle says:

Guy Boucher will be coach of the year.  Oh wait, trailing the Panthers, yeah, I said the Panthers 4-0 after two periods.

Welcome to reality.

• TomNickle says:

Komisarek and Beauchemin through 5 games last season.

• punkster says:

I got no probs with the beer :)

• HabsTrueBlue says:

LOL what are you trying to say :-)

• athanor says:

No coach is expected to help his team win every game. All he has to do is make it a lot better than the previous year’s version.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Okay, prospects update on the Night:

Bulldogs: Disappointing game, a pair of 2-goal leads given up and an ultimate 5-3 score with an EN by the Toronto Marlies. Yannick Weber had and Ben Maxwell got a pair of goals, Max Pacioretty had 2 assists, White and Desharnais picked up apples as well. Robert Mayer struggled and gave up a pair of flukey goals, including hopeful but not likely saviour of the Loafs Nazem Kadri his first AHL Goal. Announcers seemed to really like Brendon Nash’s play as the game went on as well, no points but they liked his and Dumont’s game for 1st-year pros.

Alexei Emelin: No points, but another win for Ak Bars Kazan, he improves to +5 on the season over 13GP.

Karri Ramo: After giving up that stinker and being pulled last week, he got his first start back and allowed 1 goal on 24 shots as Avangard Omsk went to a 4-1 win.

Jarred Tinordi: Even differential, no PIMs and no points, but his London Knights picked up a win over the Kitchener Rangers.

Danny Kristo: Still no points in 3 straight games, but he’s had some line demotions since his little ‘underaged drinking’ citation at UND and stayed out of the Top-6 where he should be.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

• ZepFan2 says:

“They were dead on.”

Considering you stated that Montreal wouldn’t make the play-offs, and if they did, they would never beat the, “Washington’s and Pittsburgh’s” of the NHL. I’d say you were not even in the same ballpark as Ian and he made you look like a punk.

About right!?

Psst, you never mentioned Price. Should saskhab re-post your drivel?

————————————————————————–

“The Soft Parade has now begun.
    Listen to the engines hum.”

• adamkennelly says:

it’s sofa king obvious the Habs lack muscle…muscle with skill would be nice but I’ll take any of it going forward…Darche is useless – Picard is useless…

• scrowe21 says:

Picard was good tonight.. had a goal the other night..I dont get it.

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

• Mr. Biter says:

Agree partially with all who posted back but 1-19 PP sucks and we were in the same boat last year till MAB came aboard and we finished #2 in PP. Also please don’t mention PK for the PP. By the time he winds up and shoots (good hard shot) you can make a sandwjch and grab a beer.

• Ian Cobb says:

Just got home, watched the game with postie Jim. This one kept us on the edge of our seats tonight.

!st I have to say that was the best game I have seen from Mr. Kostitsyn in a very long while, hope he got 1st star.

Our
    best special teams play is our penalty kill, but there were times that
    the power play started to look like, well maybe soon.!!

Price made some great saves, especially in the first half of the game.

Halpern looks like he knows how to play this style of game for JM.

Rutu needs another black eye!

Spezza is still a flake.!

It
    was nice to be able to come back in this one, nothing comes easy for
    us. We are going to have to earn every point this year by skating all
    out each game for 60 minutes.

We still don’t have players that
    can stand in front. The tender can see every shot and we make him look
    good by not banging in the rebounds in tight. Maybe Halpern is the next
    experiment with Gomez and Gionta.

All in all a good performance,
    we skated hard and competed hard in both ends, but we must get better
    with our finish around their net.

No injuries and 2 points in the bank, can’t ask for a lot more than that. Great night of hockey entertainment.

• Ian Cobb says:

I am having a great deal of trouble getting Boone’s page up. Wait up to 5 min. to load.?  What is up with that. Not many comments, so I think it is the site.!

Oh well nearly time for bed anyway.

• fbkj says:

Dead on? Dude the exact opposite of your predictions happened and your calling that dead on?

• SeriousFan09 says:

The server’s getting used to game-night traffic again, everyone’s working out the kinks at the start of the year.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

• Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Not to mention he was +3!!

• saskhabfan says:

habs are being outshot, as usual.

and why do the habs play so poorly at home?

they’re always dominated at home, and tonight is no exception.

Ottawa is clearly the better team.

going to be a  loooooooooooong season folks

• saskhabfan says:

game isn’t over. TB will come back and win it

final score 6-0 florida,lmao

• savethepuck says:

Who won tonight? HABS actually outshot the visitors bad tonight. Was your post sarcasm for some reason?

• Da Hema says:

The shots were 40-19 for Montreal.

That swishing sound you hear is your credibility flushing down the toilet.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

• Ian Cobb says:

I do not know what that means, but as long as it is not my computer I won’t worry. Sun will rise in the morning.

• saskhabfan says:

That was just a couple of posts from a troll who was on the boone live blog. He then disappeared when the habs won the game. Like the rest of the trolls do.

• Da Hema says:

I have been lobbying (and teasing) Boone that if he would sacrifice some of his hashish he could buy a new server. The one they currently use must sweat!

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

• petor23 says:

Andrei, how about that weather?

Andrei: “…for me try make plays, score goals and play good”

• Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Harditya_CareyPrice likes this.

• SeriousFan09 says:

The server is basically the site’s engine, as long as it’s running so will the site. Gets overworked from game nights, it gets into trouble.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

• HamiltonHabs says:

Nice Win by the Habs but the Bulldogs lost after having a good lead…

• SeriousFan09 says:

Haha, always nice to see people remembering to shame the trolls.

Glad you added an Avatar btw, adds personality to people’s posts.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

• habs365 says:

some fans thought the habs didn’t play well, considering they played last night and had 40 shots tonight to beat ottawa, they must have done something right.

• Chuck says:

…in back-to-back games, too.

• Curtis O Habs says:

Never sacrifice hashish, virgins only.

• habs365 says:

They were not outshot tonight

• SeriousFan09 says:

Brendan Gallagher’s VAN Giants dropped a 6-3 decision to the Chilliwack Bruins, but Gallagher managed to maintain his point streak to 12 games straight with an assist, stands at 10G, 9A on the season.

Iginla remains all-class in his post-game interview on a 4-3 win over EDM, 2 Goals on the night and is very complimentary to his teammates. I wish Calgary could give him a better team.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

• ManApart says:

if all the trolls disappear, then why are you still around punk?

• A. Berke says:

FSB, in my book, calling that scum ruutu anything you want is OK!

IMO, you don’t need to apologize.

Ali B.

• ZepFan2 says:

Still crying because saskhab re-posted your idiotic predictions from last year?

Who’s the “punk” again!?

lmao

————————————————————————–

“The Soft Parade has now begun.
    Listen to the engines hum.”

• SeriousFan09 says:

Drive out to TOR, can do a 2-for-1 deal on our problems.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

• Kaptain K says:

I know there are no haters on tonight… but when they do come out.. just wanted to point out that

against the leafs: if Cammalleri wasnt suspended, looking at how close it was without him, we could of squeaked a win….

against Tampa: if the refs didnt blow the game in the last 2 mins …

we would be 5-0, and everyone would be planning the parade.. so Guys! Realize we haave a good team this year and when Markov comes back (and with no big injuries) we could make it far!

• Say Ash says:

Works both ways, dude. If Fleury knew how to hug a goal post, we probably would have lost that one. But, yeah, see you at the parade.

• Say Ash says:

…and in the division, too.

• lefreak says:

this drunk post is brought to you by my 2nd mortgage to pay for bell center beer.

great venue, stop gouging me dabnammit!!!!!! tickets are expensive enough:p

• redrum says:

the french media is always asking dumb questions..and learn how to speak english !! (especially rds crew)

• Mr. Biter says:

Bring back MAB when he recovers from his injury. He was our PP last year and without him we suck. GL was kept around for his alleged fistcuffs so keep MAB for the PP.

• andrewberkshire says:

Andrei Kostitsyn interviews make my night. Absolutely love how no matter what the question is the answer is the same. Always makes me laugh.

• observer says:

Excellent start to the season 3-1-1 maybe not as good as that outstanding Toronto team but at least the Habs are one of the highest also-rans to them.

• observer says:

Don’t need him. Markov will soon be back this team clearly missing him is 3-1-1 they will be even better – much better as soon as he’s back and it sounds real soon and now they have 5 days to their next game.

• adam76 says:

What is a beer now of days?

• Psycho29 says:

I think it’s around $8 for a really small draught, $10 for a large one. They also sell Molson M in big cans for $12. Not exactly the place to go on a bender…

• nightmare_49 says:

Steve Simmon’s Sunday Rant.

– WHAT DO YOU DO WITH KOMI Letting Jeff Finger go may have been difficult but it was probably not emotional for Brian Burke. Finger wasn’t his signing. He wasn’t a player he chose or believed in. While no one wants to bury $3.5-million worth of salary — that doesn’t look good on anybody — it had to be done for the Leafs. The question is: What happens next time, when the decision is more personal and more difficult? What happens if it’s Mike Komisarek, whose play, it seems, will never match his salary figure? What does Burke do then? Komisarek is being paid star money to be a fifth or sixth defenceman with the Leafs. Salaries aside, with everyone healthy, he may the Leafs’ seventh-best defenceman and their highest paid. What does Burke do then? This year or next year? What?

Read more from Simmon’s sports article titled –

Leafs’ Burke no micromanager  …..  http://www.torontosun.com/sports/columnists/steve_simmons/2010/10/17/15720356.html

• 123456 says:

ive been saying this for years – pleks is so underrated. he is fantastic. i’m looking forward to the PP clicking which it will – chances are there. eller and subban need to grow – slow and steady. cammy could have had a few goals. overall a solid team effort.

• 123456 says:

if u do not go often then to me its not a big deal (i’ve only been to one game). but i wuld not be drinking beer if i was a season ticket holder.

• adam76 says:

He needs another year in the minors, not ready yet.

Its strange, he went from an average AHL player to a top six forward the second he put on a Habs jersey.

• sholi2000.com says:

I like Eller.  He’s first to the puck, he’s the only guy on that third line that sets up plays, he’s a digger, he’ll give and take hits, and  has speed.  So I guess I completely disagree with your points. :)

Looked like he was placed on the fourth line last night and sat the third but that’s fine.  He’s learning, and that’s how hockey goes.

He’s hardly ordinary.

They Call Me Shane

• Kythehabsfan says:

I am a fan of MAB’s, uinlike many here but we have a lot of talent on D (excluding OB IMO). Picard has some potential, perhaps limited and Webber and Carle are both ready.

I think we have been adding too many journeymen D to the team the last couple of years at the expense of our developing own homegrown talent.

• Bill J says:

Sadly Sask…. ManApart is still here :(

• Bill J says:

If UND keeps pushing Kristo to the back of the line.  I hope the Habs pull a Islanders/Okposo and pull Kristo from UND.

• saskhabfan says:

Once again,gotta give credit where credit is due. After being down 3-1 the boys dug deep and fought back to pull off an exciting victory. Sure makes for a nice sunday morning not having to read endless posts from the whiners who want to see the team fail.

• saskhabfan says:

Careful,your going to set yourself up to feel the unholy wrath of manapart. You will be subjected to be told what your opinion should be even though nobody on this site ever agrees with him and has been proven wrong over and over again. Then it  will topped it off with a “your more clueless,delusional,or know less about hockey then i though you did” at the end of it. Too bad he isn’t smart enough to realize the only reason he isn’t an obsolete poster on this site because of its lack of an ignore feature. Cause if there was,he would only be able to argue with tony and his multiple personalities and probably retromikey.

• Bill J says:

For those who missed the subtle “copy & paste”

sask didn’t write that… was “habs youngtimer” who did, sask was just calling out the negative nelly.

• Fansincebirth says:

MAB is a one trick pony and towards the end of the season, even that trick eluded him. Big no thank you from me. His shot from the point didn’t make up for his lack of size in our zone nor his poor playing decisions. Gave me the willies every time the puck cam near him.

Waste of space and money on the bench, IMHO…

• Propwash says:

MAB was shut down later on in the season when opposing players got into the shooting lanes and is too much of a defensive liability.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

• Bill H says:

Thanks Bryan.  That is an interesting item.  I didn’t realize Komi was now considered their fifth, sixth, or even seventh defencman.  Komi is making $6.5M this year, with a cap hit of $4.5M.  In future, his salary will be: ’11 – ’12 $5.5M, ’12 – ’13 $3.5M, ’13 – ’14 $3.5M.  However, his cap hit will remain the same.  Also, Komi is not their highest paid d-man.  Phaneuf is making $7M with a $6.5M cap hit.

The scary part is that Bob Gainey made an offer to Komi before he signed with the Leafs.  I believe the offer was just under what the Leafs offered, in the neighbourhood of $4M – $4.25M.  We could have been stuck with that for 4 or 5 years.

• Bill J says:

LOL

You are not a Hab I/O poster if you haven’t been called clueless by ManApart.

• saskhabfan says:

LMAO,thats like saying your not a rock n roll legend till weird al yankovic does a parody of your songs.

• Bill J says:

Basically it amounts to

Komisarek or Spacek.

• Bill J says:

You lead a sad life if you love the leafs, and would rather visit a site that generally hates you.

As opposed to frequenting a Leafs I/O type site that agrees with you and would likely welcome you with open arms.

Your nothing more then a Pathetic Leaf Troll!

• Fansincebirth says:

Guess my name calling of Rutuu was a bit much? My apologies…..

• Julie H says:

“Outstanding Toronto team.” Did I read that right? Looks like I did. You’re dreaming in Technicolor if you think they can keep this streak up much longer. They’ll be back to their losing ways soon enough. “I know you’re wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear that your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourself to help you get by?”

• samTHEman says:

I KHALP TEAM….SCORE GOAL..

reminds me of ovy in his first  years

• nunacanadien says:

We still have to see the Habs face the bigger tougher teams, which will of course like Halak, test Price, and we all know Price is great against the tougher teams, (except in playoffs so far it seems) but the rest of the team needs to pull it through for Price.

• lefreak says:

sacre bleu! sacrilege!

if you can afford the season tickets, you can afford the beer.

:p

everything is better with beer, especially church..

• Habs Proud says:

Back to back games resulting in 4 pts, all seems good! Great to see AK looking like he wants to play, perhaps not babysitting little brother anymore is the secret. Good things happen when the the Habs actually outshoot the opposition, Habs were not stellar but Sens were worse, wins are wins, can’t all be pretty.

• dallyd31 says:

Markov is not a trigger man….we need a trigger man.  A big shot from the point opens up the slot and the hash marks on the PP, even if they block the lanes on the point shot.

I am not a fan of MAB, but if he can be had for league minimum, he would be perfect as a PP specialist.

• naweed235 says:

ok Im very happy with the two wins… but lets talk a bit about Eller… Do you guys actually believe that he is going to be ALL THAT? cuz honestly so far he has not impressed me one bit… he seems to be a bit of a slow skater… he takes too long to make plays..very ordinary in his own end… and is been benched midway through the last two games….

I think he should either be playing on the top 2 lines or be sent down to Hamilton where he gets top minutes cuz the way it is going now it could only get worse…

• Bill H says:

True enough Bill.

Spacek ’09 – ’10  74GP 3G 18A  +9  Cap hit of $3.83M under contract through ’11 – ’12

Komisarek ’09 – ’10 34GP 0G 4A  -9  Cap hit of $4.5M under contract through ’13 – ’14

Spacek has taken some criticism early this season but I think he has been very dependable overall during his stay in Montreal.  I’ll take him over Komi hands down.  But ’10 – ’11 may tell a different story.  Spacek isn’t getting any younger, and Komi may yet bounce back from a couple of disappointing seasons.

• jrshabs1 says:

Good win!!! 2 points in the bank. The difference this year as opposed to lastyear is that Price hung in there for the W. Losing after totally out playing teams sucks the life out of any team leading to losing streaks. Didn’t happen. Jersey? Bring it!  Marty? You’ve lost a step and your team is in shambles. Is this the year the Marty Brodeur curse is lifted? 17 years and counting…. does it  surprise anybody that the Canadiens haven’t won a cup since Brodeur entered the league in ’94?

Go Habs Go!!

• jrshabs1 says:

Please remove hand from panic button.

Go Habs Go!!

• ManApart says:

They were dead on. montreal with Price in goal would never have made the playoffs like I stated. I used to say ad nauseum put Halak in goal as the starter and the Habs have a chance. Finally JM agreed and the rest is history.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Habs are 3-1-1 and have collected 7 points so far this season, 6 of them off of teams we had losing records against last season, a solid start I would say after 5GP.

Markov gets back, they won’t know what hit them when he’s running the PP.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

• Xtrahabsfan says:

Well  well …Last years play-off run sure help bring the spirit back  to AK ,Benny and the rest,nice to see.As for Price a good outing,again.But I would like it more if Carey played bigger like he did on the last glove save  and I would like him to tweek his style to more of a Marty Brodeur type  style. A good win vs a Kovyless team  …… Again BIG HAL GILL,YOU DA MAN!

• Keith says:

Some of the questions being asked are assinine to say the least.

• badbalance says:

I Don’t think ruutu will get much defense in HIO, he’s a loser, never won anything and never will with the garbage team he’s on.

• TomNickle says:

Even more impressive that 4 of those points came on the road.

• otter649 says:

The Florida Panthers are on a bit of a roll the last two games with a couple of shutout victories. 3-0 over Calgary & 6-0 over Tampa Bay. On the The Panthers website they advertise game tickets at the lowest price in team history – Tickets start @ $6.00 USD (on another website) that is cheaper than I can go see a Junior B hockey game……….

• nfldanchor says:

AK was awesome ,even back checked in our zone several times . He worked hard and showed heart and toughness. He drove to the net and was rewarded with first star for his effort. Also Gionta and Plecs were very solid for the Habs . Then there is Gill ,an unsung hero , blocking shots and wrestling players away from the net .

Price is looking good so far and I can’t wait till Markov comes back and improves the powerplay.

Gomez needs to shoot more instead of passing when he has a shot at the net .

Overall 40 shots for the Habs is an awesome performance!!!!!!!

• HNS says:

That Gionta goal last nite reminded me of the RoadRunner……..wow

• Habsone says:

I agree!!!  Wow!!!

• HFX-HabFan says:

My favourite part of last night’s win was in the dying seconds: Ruff sent out his goons, and Gaustad, who has 9 inches and 55 pounds on Gionta, went after our captain.  Hal Gill came to his captain’s defense and tied up the big lug.  What a teammate.

These guys play for each other.  That will go a long way.

• habs365 says:

Boring game last night, Buffalo deserved to lose but the Habs gotta quit playing scared of getting scored on that’s why price is being singled out so much, he can only make so many saves the rest is up to the team. start putting pucks in the other teams net, cause you ain’t gonna go far playing this way. start tonight with ottawa, 4 or 5 goals would be nice for your goalie, lets do it.

• TomNickle says:

If you’re near ESPN Zone you can try Dave and Buster’s(only a couple blocks away).

• wall2bay says:

Anybody know of any bars or places in NYC that might carry the game tonight? Apparently the ESPN in Times Sq closed down.

Would appreciate any help!

“I kind of feel sorry for players who never got a chance to be a Montreal Canadien” – Cammalleri

• StevieRay says:

the only thing from last nite which I hope doesn’t become the trend ..is … the constant goaltending interference and snow showers Price is having to handle… seems like our opponents may be trying to unnerve Price and get him off his game ..  I’d like to see his teammates discourage this ..

• Ian Cobb says:

I agree Steve, but the other side is that we can not be in the box which I liked last game. Let the refs know and hope they call the opposition. But I like the composure and discipline last night. Only that 4th liner Pouliot took one.

• newbrunswick troy says:

the one thing i hope doesn,t become a trend is how the habs (like last year) get a lead and in the third period just sit back and try to defend it…..they have one blown game and almost blew last night!!!!does anybody know the stat on blown third period leads…i bet the habs are up there!!!

• Bugs says:

(intend to repost this on other page; apologies in advance)

First off, the CBC opening opera intro was absolutely delightful. Best I’ve ever seen from’em.

First 30 minutes of the game, AK was goin strong but I thought my boy Poolio was the best Hab on the ice. And then…well…whatever.

The Kid is doing grrreat. Placed special attention on’m after 3rd goal. That was the moment. First adversity of the season. Saw him slightly boggled the puck behind his net a minute or two later and must admit to have been momentarily worried. But he took it in stride. Water off a duck’s back. Clamped down. Gave his team a chance to win. François Gagnon says that had that same situation happened to him last year, he woulda lost. Would tend to agree, even though not keen on predicting outcomes in alternate universes. That “maturity” thing must have somethin to do with it cuz dang, the Kid pulled it together. Halfway through the first 10-game analysis point, he’s seriously stacking the deck in his favour.

And after the last Senators’ goal, did you see Jack Marty’s motivational techniques on the bench? The way he just stared out on the ice not sayin nuthin and not lookin at nobody? Total zen. The players see that, they go zen too. Boom, we win. It WORKS. Boring and predictable friggin WORKS. Jack Marty rules. And the press conferences he gives afterwards? Hooof, don’t get me started. Thrilling. Thrilling, thrilling stuff.

Now, K Senior. It’s early. No one wants to go off half-cocked. But can it be? Will we finally see all his skills assembled within winning conditions? We want strong on forecheck, physical presence, vision, a rocket-wrister, and execution from’m and that’s what we’re getting. But there’s something else too. It looks like he might want to… uhh…”take over”. If Andrei Kostitsyn “takes over”?

God help us all.

And that’s all I gotta say.

Oh, except to say that we got some stright dope on Markov’s bionic knee at the Central if you wanna.

Decadently yours, I recline as

• J Haul says:

What that replay conveniently leaves out is that Komisarek actually took a swipe at Avery first. I guess that’ll learn him.

Look for yourselves:

• alestar says:

He was thinking: “This one if for the Habs fans who liked you…and this one is for the ones who didn’t”

XXIV…and counting

• riazp says:

Komi dove…and avery will get a 2-3 game back cuz hes a repeat offender….

• habsguy says:

Avery is an A hole……BUT who is dirtier,  he or armstrong?

• J.J. of Turku says:

Hmmmm…

I might have a possibility to get one hour to sleep before the game starts. Is it 7 pm your time? Just checking, because last season there was so many delays…

• J.J. of Turku says:

Just read from Boone’s side, it’s 7 pm. Zzzzzzzzzzzz…

• ZepFan2 says:

Dude, I hate Komisarek as much as you probably do, but that was no slash by Komi. That was a tap.

————————————————————————–

“The Soft Parade has now begun.
    Listen to the engines hum.”

• J Haul says:

You’ve missed my point. The fact is that Komisarek DID take a swipe at him first, likely trying to goad Avery into reacting. Guess what? He reacted! It’s like the old expression, “You mess with the bull, you get the horns”. Just replace bull with a-hole and horns with stick. I bet Komisarek will think twice the next time he tries to “innocently” whack at a guy next time.

• JoeC says:

If JM doesnt start Price im going to hunt him down and throw him into the St Lawerence.

• observer says:

If they use Price say for 70 or more games it will mean they will be paying him a fraction of what the”y paid him for “each game he played” last year and they then can have the last laugh on him making them raise him that much this year?

• OverseasFan says:

It looks like JM will be spared a watery death, at least for tonight!

• StevieRay says:

I ‘ll go along with that Ian …just hope they let the refs know… time for a few dogs and get ready for the game ..let’s hope they can take some momentum from last nite a Price gets a win at home …. he more than anyone deserves it !

• lavie says:

I know JM doesn`t shuffle the winning lineups, but I hope to see Eller to play with Gio-Gomez.

• JoeC says:

Why? Moan is a first line winger..

Blah!

*waives fist at JM*

• habsguy says:

If they can’t put eller on a scoring line, they should send him down and put him on the top line.

• observer says:

Habs on road 2-1. The loss when they were the better team, minus 3 starters and only by a goal.

• Propwash says:

I’d hope JM starts Price, he’s on a roll right now.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

• newbrunswick troy says:

• showey47 says:

I think columbus blew like 11 3rd period leads and didn’t even get the loser point last year. The habs had 2 losses in regulation and another 2 or 3 in overtime/shootout. I remember seeing the stat somewhere,i think we were somewhere around 15th overall when it came to 3rd period lead protection.

• Fansincebirth says:

Great win last night and the celebration at the end of the game took me back to when Carey was in the groove, locked and loaded. I think the boy has found his mojo again, at least I’m hoping he has. Lots of support in close which means that the rest of the team believes in him and are helping instead of hanging him out to dry.

Enough blah blah blah about those who were traded and are no longer with this team. The only ones who count are the ones who wear the CH on their chest when they suit up. Let the others go. It would be like constantly fantasizing about your life with the boy or girl you let get away while your significant other is sitting beside you. I know this is appealing to some but….

For tonight, lots more of what we saw last night and maybe some production from the top 6. Let me walk into work on Monday with all the little Sens fans and me with a knowing smile on my face.

Shut them down boys!

GYFHG!!!!

• novahab says:

I can’t see Price playing tonight you don’t want to wear him down or hurt him JM has to give Auld some work to if Price was to get hurt he has to have some playing time.

• novahab says:

• habsguy says:

Price better play tonight,  If it were me I’d ride him until he said he needs a rest!!!!!

• christophor says:

The habs have something like 15 back-to-back games (30).

Will Auld start half of these as a rule? Or only if one of the two is a weaker team?

Armstrong by far.

Avery does things straight up, even if it`s in a dirty way, Armstrong is gutless about it, everything he does is from behind or when the player he`s engaged with is in a vulnerable position.

• habsguy says:

Agreed,  thats why he’s on the leafs!!!!!

• TomNickle says:

LOL, I don`t think I`d go that far.  Tons of GM`s were in agreement going into free agency that he has a ton of potential if he can just get his head out of his behind.  He would be tremendously valued in a Habs uni.

• habsguy says:

Ya but he’s still a leaf..LOL…I know what you’re saying and dont jump all over me for this,  I would love to have had the Lucic of 2 years ago on the habs!!!!!

• Bryan says:

PK and Picard both +3 tonight.  They had their moments, but that’s looking like a very solid pairing thus far.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

• oldrrty says:

Any ideas why Carbonneau is no longer on the cbc?

I don’t care who wins as long as Toronto doesn’t!

• Bill J says:

He’s on RDS now.

• oldrrty says:

Dammit, he was thebest part of the broadcast last year

I don’t care who wins as long as Toronto doesn’t!

• dre1744 says:

I was gonna bitch when we were down 3 – 1  oh  looks like the guys can’t score again whats new……  But then they woke up and potted a few.  Nice win tonight,  way to bounce back Carey after 2 so so goals in the 2nd, probably cause he fell asleep!!!!!

• saskhabfan says:

Nice goal for the tinytot (as per homerbowen)

• Seps says:

I can’t believe my eyes, did we just get goal support with Price in net when he was having an off game…and give him the win?

• DavidKB says:

It’s a new season, a fresh start, anything is possible!

• SeriousFan09 says:

That’s gigantic, two-way trust is everything for a team, goalie knows the team will give him help and the team knows Price will bounce back from bad goals. Comeback ability is what makes treams great, Blackhawks I still consider the most dangerous team in the NHL when they’re behind on the scoreboard.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

• homerbowen says:

OK so we won another squeaker again. As the color crew stated our 3 small players are too small to have on the power play at the same time. So true, also tough to have 3 small players on the same team. I can’t see us getting ‘lucky” again this year with this line up. Always happy with a win but not confident with this group.

• Bar says:

The teams’ PP was 2nd in the league last season, and the main reason why it was is out injured right now, the commentators barely even grazed that in their analyis.

~Habs Fans: Killing Prospects is a past time!~

• AH says:

Nice win!, down 3-1, and come back to take it in regulation, the boys are playing 60 minutes, and that is most pleasing! I really like how Priceberg is battling this year so far, he seems really “into it”. Would have been nice to make that jerk Rutttu pay on the powerplay, but it will come. Great bounceback from the Bolts game.

• slapshot777 says:

Still a few kinks to work out, but so far so good for the start of the season. 3-1-1 = 7 pts. Habs have a few days to work on their PP. Hopefully Markov is not too far away.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

• habs03 says:

I have been the biggest hater on Kost, but so far he is playing amazing, dare I say it but he is out playing Cammy. Now i know its a contract year and I bet that has something to do with u, but what i noticed more is that it seems like he cares for once, if you look at the Plecky GWG, Kost was actually happy, last year during the playoff he didn’t care one bit, not even after scoring a hat trick. As for the PP, its been an issue but I’m not worried, Markov will fix it.

• Propwash says:

The way I see it, Cammy and Kostitsyn both doing well is a major plus for the Habs. Cammy will find his groove soon enough.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

• MTLForever says:

who’s not playing tonight because Darche is in the line up?

• warriorhockey says:

where is eller ??

• MTLForever says:

he is out there

• habs03 says:

I noticed that the past 2 games JM, has benched Eller and Boyd from the late 2nd off, I know people are gonna knock JM but I really have no issue with it, don’t put a guy like Eller in a position to fail. Its tough love for rookie’s but i have no issue with it, Eller will get his time sooner rather then later.

• Mikey_39 says:

For some reason, I decided to watch Coaches Corner tonight.  As always I was left annoyed and frustrated that our tax money actually goes towards keeping that moron (err what’s his name there, Dan Chiry or something) on air.  They talked about the leafs the whole freaking time!  The leafs weren’t even playing tonight!

• blu3chip says:

Can’t we have a more cheerful/smarter headline? Of course its the first home win in months, hockey wasn’t played during the summer and obviously they ignored the preseason.

• J.T. says:

Listening to the AK audio, it sounds like he’s improved his English a bit.  But, who’s the genius in the scrum who asked him if he’s grateful the fans like him even though he’s not French Canadian or very popular?! Worst question ever.

• SeriousFan09 says:

That was asked? *Facepalm*

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

• Mikey_39 says:

Just when you think certain media members have hit an all time low, they keep on digging…

• scrowe21 says:

Yeaaaaaaa……..god that was awkward..

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

• Propwash says:

P.O.S’es as far as Im concerned

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.