Game 48: Canadiens score touchdown on Sens

Canadiens’ Carey Price makes a glove save on Senators’ Bobby Butler during the first period on Friday night. Andre
Ringuette, NHLI via Getty Images

Preview | Matchups | Friday’s

NHL schedule | Boone’s
Game
Blog,
 Quick
Hits
and About last night …
| Stubbs on Twitter | Hickey’s game story

AUDIO: Carey Price | Tomas Plekanec | Max Pacioretty | Jacques Martin

• At a Glance: For the second time in three games, the Canadiens jumped out to a commanding lead on an opponent, but this time they never let up and won 7-1 over the Ottawa Senators on Friday night. The Canadiens struck early in each period, with Benoit Pouliot scoring 1:53 into the opening period when he was sent in alone by Mathieu Darche. Tomas Plekanec scored his first of the game 3:45 into the period when he was left alone in the slot and fired a shot past Mike Brodeur. The Senators got one back before the game was 10 minutes old when Chris Kelly tapped a puck into an open net after a nice pass from Chris Campoli. But unlike Monday night againt the Calgary Flames, the Canadiens didn’t let the Senators back into this game, scoring three more times in the second period. Brian Gionta scored his 16th of the season when he accepted a pass from behind the net by Scott Gomez only 1:12 into the second period. Max Pacioretty, who left Tuesday’s game in Buffalo after taking a slapshot to the ribs, scored a power-play goal 5:33 into the period, chasing Brodeur from the net. Brian Elliott didn’t do much better as Plekanec scored his second of the game when he blocked a shot at the Canadiens blue line and went in alone on Elliott 11:27 into the period. Only 2:18 into the third period, Andrei Kostitsyn gathered a rebound and flipped a shot from a bad angle into the top corner over a sprawled Elliott. P.K. Subban scored his fifth of the season with about seven minutes to play with a blistering slapshot from the point during a power play. Carey Price made 33 saves for his league-leading 24th win of the season. It’s the second time this season that the Canadiens have scored seven goals in a game, beating Carolina 7-2 on Nov. 13.

• Key Moments: Up 5-1, the Canadiens killed off a 5-on-3 disadvantage late in the second period and early in the third, thus eliminating any thought the Senators might have had of mounting a comeack.

• What It Means: Montreal improves to 27-17-4 for 58 points, jumping back into sixth place in the Eastern Conference, one point ahead of the New York Rangers, who have played one more game. Montreal is also one point behind the Boston Bruins for first place in the Northeast Division.

• What’s Next: The Canadiens are back in Montreal Saturday night to take on the Anaheim Ducks, marking the return of former captain Saku Koivu. Montreal then plays the Philadelphis Flyers on Tuesday before having nearly a week off during the NHL All-Star break before taking on the Washington Capitals on Feb. 1.

1. Bogie Man says:

looks like Hal Gill is out for undisclosed reasons. This is reported by TSN. I am wondering what size of a bag of pucks we can get for him?

2. observer says:

most people in montreal secretly feel sorry for the leafs so those games here always sell out.

3. Bugs says:

Another caucasian, Dude?

4. ZepFan2 says:

Ahhh, poor baby. Still doesn’t explain why you’re pissed at Riff Raff?!

5. observer says:

crosby will never leave pittsburgh unless one day he ends up hurt like bobby orr was.

6. ZepFan2 says:

“i am DONE with short people and riff raff”– Calm down, Kareem. And what’s your beef with the guy from the Rocky Horror show? ;)

7. Say Ash says:

Bieksa is having a stellar year

8. Say Ash says:

Ha! It sounds like a bookie helped out with the learning process.

9. punkster says:

Problems up there during Loaf games include fights, beer showers, heavy security presence and so much crap you can’t enjoy the game.

***Subbang!!!***

10. JohnBellyful says:

Just heard on the radio that one in four Montrealers take some kind of antidepressant.
    Folks, it’s just a GAME. And the team is playing above .500. Without some key players. With Gomez. So it’s not all bad.
    The news item also said a significant amount of the antidepressants is finding its way into the St. Lawrence River. Look, if you’re going to get meds, at least use them, don’t flush them down the toilet. Tranquilized fish, just what the world needs.
    Hands up, how many HIO-ers use prescription drugs? Before going on here? After?

11. PeterD says:

I’d be happy with either Bieksa or Ehrhoff…I doubt they would move Edler he’s only 24…but the chances they will try to move Salo cause of his advanced age and UFA next year.

12. HabFanSince72 says:

Bugs – you are, as usual, right, and the haytazz are, as usual, wrong.

Kirk Muller only won one Cup with the Habs. Forget about Ryan Walter, Rejean Houle or Yvon Lambert either. I doubt it.

14. smiler2729 says:

Sami Salo is injured – he broke wind… yuk yuk yuk

15. Bill J says:

In your sentence, “ALSO” does not belong.

AK27’s playoff performances for MTL were NOT that impressive.

Cammalleri last season for example, now THAT is what is called “showing up for the playoffs”

16. Mattyleg says:

I love the rumours that come up every time we play a team.

So on Saturday, who’s it going to be… hmm… the choices are limited seeing as how former Habs make up 1/3 of their roster… hmm…. “The Lube” Visnovski and George Parros! For Moen and AK and a ‘happy ending’ at Chez Paree.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

17. habs365 says:

not to worry..kovy had his Habs days…

18. habs365 says:

not to worry..kovy had his Habs days…

19. joeybarrie says:

No Skinny…. But Phillips would not be a terrible addition to our team. He would play in Gorges spot as a shut down D. 3.5 million and UFA next season. Depends on what we would have to give up, but it would make us a better team this year. Wouldn’t want to give up anything more than a few 3rd or 4th round picks…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

20. observer says:

Sens should be too tired and beat up to scare the Habs tonight.

21. fbkj says:

nothing on twitter nor the rds app says so

22. GrimJim says:

Yeah, That’s the cheerleader zone, so every break in the action the cheerleaders are getting the crowd to make noise of some sort. It’s pretty fun. The cheap Summit seats this year were in the Ex zone.

23. Bogie Man says:

Do a google search for Hal Gill (undisclosed, questionable). There are all kinds of articles out there on this you just need to look. I am not one to make up this shit.

24. Bugs says:

Was reading a CBC preview and there was mention of Habs interested in Chris Phillips?

Anyone got some skinny on that?

25. mike g says:

Last time Ryan White played in Ottawa, JM forgot to insert him into the lineup card. Let’s hope his name is there this time…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

26. J_P says:

We have a few of those actually.

27. A. Berke says:

Salo?  Not in your life, he’s getting up there in years + he has been injured too may times.

I’ll take the other 3 as long as they’re at reasonable cost.

28. fbkj says:

lol yeah a mob of st-lambert stuck up french ladies, not saying being unable to tollerate this kids behavior would constitute as being stuck up but uh… yeah

29. PeterD says:

God I hope you are wrong…why do we always seem to cling to our aging former players as if they were some sort of God or something…when they leave our team is done with them…time to move on  to new players.

30. J_P says:

I doubt he would go anywhere other than the Avs or Flyers anyway.

I doubt he’ll be able to make a successful comeback.  He should just hang em up already.  Cant see him being even remotely effective in anything other than 3rd line duty on the wing with some second unit powerplay time.

31. HabsFanInTampa says:

With all due respect, I hope you’re wrong.

32. newbrunswick troy says:

I really hope the rookies give a big jump tonight…i would love to see a little more upbeat tempo on the ice, not to mention it will also kickstart the old vets that sometime seem to loaf around out there!!

33. fbkj says:

heh i dont live in a crack area

actually are there crack areas in montreal? i dont know anybody who got into crack and i know some messed up people… im probably just lucky

34. ZepFan2 says:

haha sounds like a mob thing. “Sic em boys”.

35. Hagar says:

That’s almost as suspicious as the incident I’m talking about. They should follow this dude around for a looong long time, invade his privacy completely (leave absolutely no stone unturned) & lock his ass away for forever & a day if he’s guilty. Or at least meddle in his life & kick the crap out of him with a baseball bat. Forget about selling drugs. We should do this to the 30 people that have used drugs as well. They play their part in it as well.

36. Hagar says:

I knew a guy that sold drugs from his house. He had crack 4 sale sign on his front lawn. He’s still in business.

37. secretdragonfly says:

According to TSN, Peter Forsberg may be making a comeback  – can we please try to refrain from any “PG would be crazy not to make an offer” drivel, hmmm?

38. HNS says:

Kovy will be a Hab again by the end of the trade deadline…

39. Say Ash says:

I’m really bummed Cammi is out, would have been a doozey

40. Muckbringer says:

game 7 OT. any hab scores. that man gets his #(and name) retired.  oh and 31 as well.  and i ask myself still… why not #28?

41. fbkj says:

im guessing the fact he has no day job, a new car every week and cranks techno at 5:30 every sunday morning

42. _Habsoloutly_ says:

How do you know he sells X? Bought some?  =)

43. zak says:

We already have a guy not earning what we paying him

44. Mattyleg says:

He’s perfect! He’ll finally provide some muscle to intimidate all the other players in the league from chasing down our players and shooting them like fish in a barrel! He’s amazing! PG would be a fool etc. etc. C’mon all you big talkers! Any takers? This is YOUR idea!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

45. sprague cleghorn says:

Oh please no…  Fool me once, etc.

46. LA Loyalist says:

He had short arms and deep pockets. He handed out nickels like they were manhole covers.

47. fbkj says:

ive got this short, extacy dealing DJ that lives 2 floors down from me who keeps blocking my indoor parking spot, imagine the dammage DD will do >:(

48. Rudy says:

So for the roster to stay at the maximum number, White and Enquist replace Halperna nd Cammallierri right? Once Halpern returns, someone has to go back to Hamilton.

“Start the season with a clean equipment bag and a freah bucket of febreze!”-CharlieHodgeFan

49. Bugs says:

“Should” is never much help in predicting outcomes of hockey games. Something I learned with bitter tears.

50. Mattyleg says:

Something witty about Desharnais not making any noise tiptoeing around in his slippers.

Yeah, loses something in the delay…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

51. aemarchand11 says:

I have tickets to the Habs Leafs game in February section 411 Molson Ex Zone. Nosebleeds, but I hear the atmosphere is unreal up there?

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

52. punkster says:

I love high comedy in the afternoon.

***Subbang!!!***

53. PeterD says:

54. olematelot says:

pipe dream

55. JIMVINNY says:

Please, God, NO!!!!!!!!

56. Hagar says:

He sold a lot of different drugs. I’m guessing he just advertised the crack because it was short & easy to say. It fits on a sign easily.

57. Mattyleg says:

This site is a trifle effed. This was supposed to be a reply to fbjk (or whatevs) down below.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

58. christophor says:

PG/BG forgot to inform the league of the callup. nothing to do with the lineup; he was on there.

i remember tsn saying it was going to be a six-digit fine, but it was also the anniversary of BG’s daughter’s passing, so it was overlooked.

BG was GM at the time.

59. fbkj says:

what was the reply?

60. Danno says:

I am expecting to see his Maxim Man of a Thousand Faces® routine.

61. Danno says:

Please Mr. Mio. I am nothing without the HIO hyperlink feature. Please do whatever it takes to restore functionality. For god’s sake, stop feeding the hampsters that no-name stuff.  I am begging you…

*weeps uncontrolably*

62. Say Ash says:

Talking in your sleep?

Test message. Please disregard.

Go Habs.

Elvis is stiill the king.

I love Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Another Rusty Nail, please.

64. terrygain says:

Beliveau is one of the classiest guys ever to wear the uniform. So he would say nothing. I say: Yvon Lambert was a great player on several Cup winning teams but  retiring numbers should be reserved for  the best of the best.

65. PeterD says:

Would love to see White smack the smirk of Laps face…

66. mike g says:

Anyone else think Lappy might act like a little clown tomorrow night? I have a feeling if he does, White might challenge him, or Moen, but I doubt Max accepts. And if he does, it would simply be for show and not to try win the fight. Lappy would make it a boring one just wrestling the guy so he doesn’t get killed….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

67. Mike MacPhee says:

Better no one than Kovalev.  Better to miss the playoffs with what we have rather than pick up a team-destroyer like him.

68. Clay4bc says:

The only people stupider than people who do crack are people who advocate a policy to make drugs illegal.

__________________________

The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

69. PeterD says:

Was just reading a report out of Vancouver that the Cancucks are not able under league rules to re-activate Sami Salo off LTIR when he is ready (and that is supposed to be pretty soon) until they dump enough salary to fit him under the Cap…according to Cap Geek they are now abourt $3.6 M over the cap…that means they may need to move about $3.6M in salary…Canucks are going to be seller even if they don’t want to be.

Questions…would we take Salo as a experienced D for the drive or hold them up for Bieksa, Edler, or Ehrhoff. All are between $3.1 and $3.7 M and we only pay there reamining salary not the full cap hit.    I think I would try to go aftere Bieksa, Ehrhoff or Edler…all younger and would add to our beaten up D and next years opening due to FA.

70. ZepFan2 says:

Oh I understand their rage. If I was living there, I’d just call a few “friends” and tell them about this free DJ equipment and where to find it.

71. Bugs says:

They WERE impressive. However good Cammy was, he didn’t beat a team BY HIMSELF like Kovy did the Bruins after his slash to the wrist/Souray episode. So if Cammy “showed up”, then let me amend to “Kovy SUPER showed up.” I’m not telling you to stop hating Kovy, Bill. I know how you feel about’m so hate away to your heart’s content and I won’t say nuthin. But don’t fabulate to support that hate, please. He was a frustrating dog who hates the concept of “team” and all he cares about is himself and he hates hockey and he hates kids and he hates to play the game and he sucks and he’s lazy and he’s a cancer and when he plays, everyone gets cholera and dies? Fine. But he showed up when it mattered most, in the playoffs. And that’s it, Bill.

72. HUDSONHAB says:

He is practising with the Avs on Saturday…..Hab4life….

73. Hagar says:

Screw rusty nails. White russians are king. Electric surfboards are pretty good too.

74. fbkj says:

what do you mean “finally a routing” its our 3rd thus far

75. Everlasting1 says:

Finally..a routing, and a full 60min. effort. Speed, sniperability, and a shut-down D.

Pacioretty legitimizing his top 6 role. His last stint in Hamilton looked fruitful in elevating his game. His pim could improve though. He looks as good as any realistic trade management can conceive in bolstering the offense. Ryan White could turn out to be the gritty enforcer they need. Subban looking more subdued. Good on him. Can’t say enough about Pleks, he’s gold.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

76. mike g says:

Well to explain his technique, I don’t think anyone was expecting Wiz to shoot so quickly. Max looked like he was just trying to annoy and screen Miller, so that once the shot came he could move out of the way and Miller wouldn’t know where to move. Max was probably caught by surprise.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

77. terrygain says:

A better description of this goal is that Andrei Kostitsyn, forechecking deep in the Ottawa end,  grabbed a loose puck and in an instant  turned and – seeing the ice better than anyone on this team – fed a perfect pass to a wide open Plekanec in the high slot, who blasted the puck past the Ottawa goalie.

78. Clay4bc says:

That’s exactly how I saw it too…well said.

79. anotherhab says:

Way to go Brother Andre!!! Keep it up!

“I find your lack of faith disturbing” Darth V

80. Clay4bc says:

You can download the complete game via a torrent on this site – http://www.nhltorrents.co.uk/ If they don’t let you register, you can send me a PM – I have only one invitation to give out, and this is a worthy cause. But you have to promise me to keep your ratio up, and seed this at least 1-1 (or just keep it seeding ans exchange the hourly points for a better ratio).or else they may ban me…and I live overseas, so it’s the only way I get to see most of the games at all.

81. geo_habsgo says:

I’m feeling sick to my stomach knowing that I am going to miss tomorrows game and Koivu’s return since I need to attend a family function.  I was wondering if any of you knew if there was a site or something where you can see full stream of the game after the match is over. I just always loved Koivu as a player and person since I was a kid and its a special game for me and I imagine for many a fan. Thanks in advance!

82. Cookies says:

Good point. Don’t know why that never crossed my mind!

83. habs001 says:

in many key stats pk,pp, plus/ minus, home record  and goals againts we are doing well compared to the rest of the teams…the two stats that we are poor at and hopefully we can improve a bit is road record (21st in points gained) and goals for (26th)…improving our road record could be the key to winning the division

84. PeterD says:

I would like to see the forwards that are supposed to take a net presence like Patches start to wear the larger better rib protection of the D-man shoulder pads…many forwards seem to like the smaller lighter shoulder pads but these aren’t as protective of the ribs as the d-men equipment…remember Lafeur and Gilmour’s shoulder pads looked like small cotton cups on the shoulder joint and mostly nothing else…

Maybe Patches will upgrade his protection for the forseeable future and it wouldn’t hurt to also put on some of hte plastic skate guards to protect their feet.  Couldn’t hurt right?

85. mike g says:

So for years we’ve been crying for a big forward who isn’t affraid to stand infront of the net on the PP. We finally seemed to have found one in Max, as since his return he hadn’t been scared to park his a*s there. And just as he’s gaining confidence in the crease and filling his roll, the Wiz drills him straight in the ribs and it’s a stretcher with IV for Max!!! LOL….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

86. habs001 says:

so true…the technique maxpac was using did not seem to be the right way to be positioned in front of the net to minimize getting hit…not sure

87. habsfanincalgary says:

I missed the game tonight and only caught highlights.  Did Kovy do anyting tonight?

With Cammy on the IR, what impact does that have on the team’s cap?  As well, with Gorges and Markov, does that give the Habs further relief?

I looked at stats on nhl.com today and couldn’t help but noticing ribeiro is #19 with 44 points, grabo is 46 with 37 points, tanguay is 60th with 35 points and TP is 42 with 38 points…just wondering who the Habs’ points leader will be and with how many points at the end of the season…will anyone break 30 goals?

88. sprague cleghorn says:

Kovy was invisible.

89. Chuck says:

Actually, they scored a converted touchdown.  :)

90. Trenton_Romulox says:

I really wish they’d gone for (and converted) the 2-point conversion. But hey, I’ll take your run of the mill TD and PAT any game.

Just some observations from the game: Pacioretty looked great, and his whiff in the first seemed to really drive him for the rest of the game. AK was GREAT on the forecheck all night. The Darche-Pouliot combination is proving to be really exciting to watch, they generate some great chances, and that first goal was a beauty. Plekanec is awesome, but what else is new? And Price played very solidly even after the Habs took a big lead, which is tough to do for goalies, so bravo to him for keeping his concentration for the full 60 minutes.

91. Everlasting1 says:

And PK had to pile on. No scruples whatsoever :-P

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

92. The Cat says:

Got to figure that giving up 7 goals to a team that cant score will probably get Clouston fired.

93. CanadienBoy says:

Darche flourishing in the system

94. habs365 says:

what ever lines jm had tonight, try it again tomorrow against the ducks..the offence finally came alive..good game tonight..well done Habs.

95. shiram says:

The Canadiend told Desharnais to look for a apartment in Montréal, sorry I dont have an english link, but here you go : http://fr-ca.actualites.yahoo.com/desharnais-peut-se-chercher-un-appartement-20110121-101000-380.html

96. fbkj says:

so long as he doesnt move into my building, i am DONE with short people and riff raff

97. Maksimir says:

Don’t forget they also have Paul Mara…

How about we do AK46 & Weber for Getzlaf?

98. krob1000 says:

and Getzlaf was the one that got away in 05 …hmmm…..We have Canadiens west in Anaheim, Canadiens east in Tampa and Canadiens central in St. Louis…something fishy going on

99. HUDSONHAB says:

Give? Give! That’s all we do is give. When do we get something in return???!!!!

….Hab4life….

100. smiler2729 says:

Chipchura actually stuck with the Ducks? So three of their four centers are ex-Habs… Hmmm… who else can we give ‘em… AK46…

101. PeterD says:

Does anyone here know hte rules for players getting picked up off the waiver wire?  Specifically, how the teams get to pick…is there a rule about sequence of teams getting a shot or passing on the player andif so how does it work?

102. RC-51 says:

I believe it is like the draft where last place team has first rights to claim. If only one team claims then they get to keep the player, if two or more teams claim then the team lowest in the standings gets the player.

103. mike g says:

It wouldn’t hurt, but most players find it uncomfortable to add pieces to their equipment. They argue it makes it heavier and harder to move in. But I think it was just a case of bad luck, it’s not everyday it happens. Plus like I said, I think Wiz rushed the shot from the point and Max thought he would pass or wait a little more before shooting. Even I was surprised he shot right away. It was from the blueline with no pressure and Wiz could’ve taken more time. I think Max thought the same, and was waiting to move out of Miller’s way to clear room for the shot.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

104. smiler2729 says:

Oh sure why not! Who is the head quack there? Yeah, Bob Murray, he’ll go for that… and we’ll send him some smoked meat, some rye bread, pickles and a case of Export… and a Mae West

105. Hobie Hansen says:

Maybe we can trade Pyatt to Edmonton for Hall, Moen to Columbus for Nash and White to the Ducks for Perry?

106. mike g says:

When are the Habs gonna stop overpaying for borderline NHL’ers in trades?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

107. joeybarrie says:

I think you would have to give up Alex Henry as well to get Nash… BUT its ok, cause I imagine we would get a 2nd round pick along with Perry for White, Perry is only 6’3 not exactly fair if we are giving up White..

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

108. Say Ash says:

I’d name my next kid Gauthier.

109. christophor says:

It’s pretty simple: the Habs draft well in the higher rounds and so have too many players per position. Not all can stay. Some have to go. No other NHL team has drafted more current NHLers than the Habs.

110. krob1000 says:

that may be attributed to our draft the best player policy instead of drafting for need…..who knows

111. christophor says:

i think drafting the best player makes way more sense these days.

by the time a player is developed, the team’s needs will have likely changed dramatically.

remember pierre mcguire talking about price being a bad choice because the habs depth in net? forget the players drafted after him, the point is that this depth disappeared fast.

112. smiler2729 says:

Well, long ago, the Kings and the Seals gave us 1st round picks (Lafleur! Tardiff, Houle)) for guys like Ernie Hicke and Ralph Backstrom… the Leafs gave us Russ Courtnall for a corpse… I figure the Ducks could give us, ummm, Bobby Ryan! Yeah, that’s the ticket!

113. fbkj says:

where on the shore you from dude?

114. joeybarrie says:

The whole not celebrating Canada Day is not my experience, but then again my friends and I were always looking for reasons to drink.

Here people move every month. Never understood how a city of 4 million all were trying to move on the same day…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

115. shiram says:

It can definately lead to all sorts of madness, and renting trucks is hell and very expensive.

I usually move a week before or after. And not all 4 millions are moving.

116. fbkj says:

oh nice im close to the p section (slambert)

edit: i think were the same age, lemme guess… centennial? (further edit) did a facebook stalk, we have 2 mutual friends

117. fbkj says:

yeah back when i was an apartment dweller i avoided the 1st like the plague

118. observer says:

first cfl game that day. last july 1 sask/als game was a classic. fireworks on july 1. used to be called dominion day.

119. shiram says:

July first is a holyday, so people dont work, which helps with moving, plus no one really celebrates canada day all that much here.

120. joeybarrie says:

Im from Brossard. P Section. But I live in Wash DC now. My Parents are still there…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

121. Cool Ice Price says:

WOW, a great win eh. The 7 goals were a real treat. But what concerns me is that when the Habs score 4 or more goals in a game the next game they have trouble potting a couple. Anywho I’m just happy we trashed the Sens

Habs Passion unites us all

122. _Habsoloutly_ says:

It makes me sick how everyone is trying to crush this kid’s spirit.  It’s player’s like PK that the NHL needs to grow the game.

123. zak says:

Could be his teammates

124. WindsorHab-10 says:

Did not smile because he has class. His goal made it 7-1. If it was any closer, I’m sure we would’ve seen that smile.

125. Cookies says:

Great win for the club!

I don’t want to rock the boat or anything, but I hope this whole media situation on PK hasn’t affected his personality. It felt strange to not see him smile after that beautiful one timer. Not even his eyes looked “happy”…

Here’s to hoping that he doesn’t let the press get to him.

126. PeterD says:

I thought it was like that…but is it based on last seasons standings or this years current placement of teams at the time a play is placed on waivers?

Like today…would that last place team in the league right now have first pick for Nabakov?

127. RC-51 says:

I think NJ Devils have first dibs!

128. olematelot says:

Getzlaf was drafted in 03

129. krob1000 says:

think you knew the point was that it was the Ak draft and he is the other center….but thanks….

130. joeybarrie says:

I never understood that. I work in property management and the whole ‘everyone moves on July 1st and brings their own fridge’ is just odd… Kinda like people paying for their groceries here in Wash DC with a check…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

131. fbkj says:

never once have i moved my fridge… hmmmm

132. LA Loyalist says:

… and he needs to have his own fridge.

That is the weirdest thing in Montreal, everyone moves around their own fridges.

133. Everlasting1 says:

I must’ve missed that Price, PK low-fives after the game..that needs to stop :-P

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

When was the last time Le Cage had to serve free wings before mid point of the game?

135. Habsrule1 says:

Who’s going to the game tonight in Ottawa? I’ll be in section 118.

Go Habs Go!! “Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

136. HUDSONHAB says:

I have a friend going, he will be some where in the cheap seats because his buddy was to cheap to get decent ones.

GO HABS GO!

….Hab4life….

137. Danno says:

I hope this doesn’t mean Auld will get the start tomorrow night.

138. Everlasting1 says:

Not by that margin. Man, take the damn compliment :-P

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

139. fbkj says:

carolina, 7-2 and id call the 5-1 in jersey a routing as well… for multiple reasons

140. Cool Ice Price says:

Did Alfie & Kovy play tonight?

Carey was a beast tonight.

Max, what a warrior eh.

Habs Passion unites us all

141. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ya Dean, it was an awesome game.

142. dre1744 says:

nice too  see the boys kick a teams ass for once!!!!!!  Andrei  has really stepped it up as of late.

Ryan white with 6 hits   Nobody ever hits that much on the habs!!!!!!!!  we need to keep this kid up here  for sure.

143. punkster says:

And how many hits has the chimp had on that thing tonight?…Alright, alright…no more smoking jokes ;)

***Subbang!!!***