Game 4 and more

• Pat Hickey on Dan Maloney’ acumen

• Cam Cole’s playoff notebook

• Arpon Basu on Guy Boucher

• GMs talk about head shots and shootouts

Brière investment paying off

• Is Pronger getting into Hawks’ heads?

Brière for the Conn Smythe?

• Hawks try to bounce back

1. punkster says:

Oh no, not more Vinny talk. Maybe Sundin will come out of retirement and we can get the Toronto media cranked up and take the Vinny to Montreal story off the air.

2. homerbowen says:

No f’n way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. pic1983 says:

Honestly, Gretzky was just way ahead of his time.  Half of his goals (those low slappers from the half boards) wouldnt even be goals in todays NHL.

If you took gretzky in his prime, and put him in todays game, I dont think he would be anywhere near a top player in the league, or have anywhere even remotely close to the numbers he compiled.

4. pic1983 says:

As much as vinny is that big bodied center we’ve been dying for, he has been on the decline for the last 4 seasons.

He could have forced brian lawtons hand if he truly wanted to come here, he likes it in tampa, he can stay there.

5. pic1983 says:

well said my man

6. SeriousFan09 says:

I meant had he played for 20 years without the back issues and cancer what his accomplishments would have been.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

7. Storm Man says:

Hard to say what Lemeiux would have done. FYI he had a 17 year career.

8. TomNickle says:

As somebody who watched all of Lemieux and Gretzky’s careers respectively.  I can say without hesitation that Lemieux was better.  Better in many ways.  My top 3 all time.

1. Lemieux

2. Orr

3. Gretzky

Gretzky was a very intelligent player, probably the most intelligent of his time but not at the level of Mario Lemieux.

9. Storm Man says:

NON and NO.

10. SLONCOLD says:

vinny can stay in tampa.

11. SeriousFan09 says:

I always maintain had Lemeiux played without his back issues and cancer slowing him down over a 20 year career, I’m pretty sure he’d have matched or overtook a number of Gretzky’s records. Impossibly dominant and could make Ray Bouque look bad when he played against him, the NHL hasn’t seen his like since and possibly never will.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

12. SeriousFan09 says:

Not really, his contract is the definition of toxic. Even if he were to become an 85-point player the second he came to town, he’s on the books until he’s 40 and that’s a ton of money and a too-long investment on a guy who’s become a bit fragile in his last few NHL seasons. I don’t think he’d be putting up 80+ points at 35 reliably and he’d still be with the team for 5 more years following that.

I’m not a fan of Gomez’s contracts but in 4 more years he’s out or renegotiated to a much smaller contract, not on the books while his prime years are well behind him on superstar money with declining production.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

13. BJ says:

How many of you would welcome (him again) Vincent Lecavalier? The reason I bring it up is that I have heard on a French Canadian radio show, that Yzerman has spoken with Vinny and his no trade clause and that he was to give him a short 4-5 team list he would accept a trade to. Obviously there are a few considerations here such as having to either move Gomez to Tampa Bay or another taker and whether Pleks is re-signed. In any case my question is would Vinny helps us?

14. mike g says:

Here’s a great article for you all to read…

I knew Mike Bossy was very good, but I never knew he was INSANE. Lindros has some crazy stats too..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

15. SLONCOLD says:

“for every king , a crown”…. every time i hear that commercial, i grab a crown and coke.

surprisingly jack and ginger is yummy as well.

16. mike g says:

Thnx budd…

But I still gotta try some Crown Royal. I think it was you who told me it was alot better than the big JD. A few of my friends said the same. I know I tried it once in Kingston on a hockey tournament, but it was mixed with 7up or coke.

I’ll try it on the rocks, n let you know what I think.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

17. G-Man says:

Hit F5 on your keyboard, JD.

18. mike g says:

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

19. SLONCOLD says:

nice, i approve

20. mike g says:

thnx Bird

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

21. Jbird says:

Or it happens right after I make the post telling you to wait.

22. Jbird says:

Just wait.  Sometimes it takes a 1/2 day or so to come in to effect.

23. mike g says:

Why didn’t my picture change?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

24. mike g says:

There we go….still kept some “Jack” in my profile.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

25. BKAK72 says:

I really don’t think this team needs too much tinkering with.  Some good money management is all that’s required e.g. don’t sign PLEKS for more than $5M/yr and unload AK46 contract for a fiesty FWD instead that will go to the net for a feather pass from PLEKS when it’s rough in there.

— I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! —

26. havok says:

Jimmy Murph was told by a good source that Pleky and Habs are pretty close to signing