- Tonight’s score: 1-0 Habs.
- Halak makes 28 saves.
- Scott Gomez pots the winner, midway through the second period.
- 4th line: SK74, Metro, AK46.
- 4th line: play well and actually get some minutes… but get benched in the 3rd for no reason.
- Pleks: gets a chance short-handed but is hauled down. Doesn’t score on the penalty shot.
- 1st intermission: Don Cherry mispronounces his own name.
- Dominic Moore: leaves the game but is okay.
- Mike Cammalleri: hits the post on the powerplay, rolls his eyes.
- PK Subban: plays out of his mind, sets up the Gomez goal. Says something clever about slashing to the net.
- 2nd intermission: NHL has already released a “What if” commercial featuring the Gomez goal.
- Gill: Gives Crosby another couple of bear hugs; blocks 9 shots .
- Scrums: lots of them.
- Travis Moen: gets into the only real fight.
- Bell Centre: so loud that the ice cracks
- Sid: So frustrated that he cracks, gets a roughing penalty
- JM: Sports an ugly tie and is so waxen that it’s impossible to tell if he’s frustrated, excited or even alive.
- Kirk Muller: Another awesome fist pump at the end of the game.
- Perry Pearn: gets stopped by security because they don’t recognize him.
- Dan Bylsma: makes Ruslan Fedotenko feel uncomfortable with a harsh stare.
- Geno Malkin: gets called out by his coach after the game.
- MA Fleury: chanting gets to him as he repeatedly misplays the puck behind his net.
- Sergei Gonchar: leaves the game after blocking a Josh Gorges point shot with his left hand.
- 3rd period: Just when they’re making a push, Pittsburgh gets called for too many men. The penalty is rescinded, however, after the referees confer and rightly judge that their were 5 men on the ice – and Matt Cooke.
- Post-game: at least one French Canadian player from the Pens says, “We knew it was going to be loud, but not that loud.”
Game 3: Rapid Fire Predictions
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.