Galchenyuk and Gallagher to stay in Montreal

kidssweb

Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin met with Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher Monday morning and told both players they will be staying in Montreal for the entire season.

Galchenyuk will live with his mother and sister in Montreal, while Gallagher will move in with veteran defenceman Josh Gorges.

Galchenyuk was on what was, in effect, a five-game trial. The Canadiens could have returned him to the junior Sarnia Sting after his fifth NHL game - that would be Tuesday’s home game against Winnipeg – without using up the first year of his three-year, entry-level contract.

But Galchenyuk has shown he can play at the NHL level. He and Gallagher have brought a level of energy and creativity to the third line with Brandon Prust. Galchenyuk has a goal and two assists in four games, while Gallagher has a goal and an assist in three games. Gallagher was likely to stay because his entry-level deal kicked in when he joined the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs in the fall.

Galchenyuk was the third overall pick in last June’s draft and said his goal was to make the NHL this season. But there were some doubts that would be possible because the Canadiens traditionally bring young players along slowly and Galchenyuk missed most of last season after major knee surgery. But the lockout helped Galchenyuk because he tore it up with Sarnia in the OHL and then helped Team USA win the gold medal at the world junior championship.

Galchenyuk is the first 18-year-old to play with the Canadiens since defenceman Petr Svoboda in 1984.

Galchenyuk returns favour with assist on Gallagher goal, by Pat Hickey

Pacioretty’s appendix puts P.K. on back burner, by Dave Stubbs

Larry Robinson toyed with idea of coaching Habs, by Jim Matheson of Postmedia News

There’s a danger in rushing young draft picks into NHL, by Stu Cowan

Photo gallery from Sunday’s win over Devils

(Photo by Dario Ayala/The Gazette)

1. PeterD says:

Hypothetically thinking here…
    If a team were to make an Offer Sheet to PK for say $4 Mil per year with 5 yr term ($20Mil total)…would Habs match it to keep PK?
    Compensation would be a 1st and a 3rd round picks.
    If the answer is YES they match…then why would they not move their offer to those values or closer to those now?
    If the answer is NO then WTF are they thinking is wrong with PK.

• BJ says:

You match and then probably trade the following year. I don’t think a first and third is enough. I say trade as I can’t imagine Bergevin not reacting to be “forced” into a contract. Hopefully they find a friendly solution. Although it doesn’t sound that way.

• rhino514 says:

According to Commandant, teams are scared of a “revenge offer sheet” from the habs down the road. Offer sheets are seen as big no-nos in today´s NHL. So the habs feel confident there will not be an offer sheet and hence don´t feel they have to hile up their offer.
      But what do they do in the even there is an offer sheet? Good question.
      I really think it has more to do with how they believe Subban can blend in with the team in the long term than anything else.
      Before subban, I thought character was all about wanting badly to win. What I have come to believe is that it is also about humility.
      You can want to win and still be extremely obnoxious. I am sure subban wants to win, but I am not sure he is humble, nor if he is a real team player.
      Both these traits form part of what it is to be a Montreal Canadien.
      If the GM feels he has them, or can learn them, Subban will stay. If he feels he is going to become more and more high maintenance, he will not match, and could even trade him eventually if they sign him.
      It´s a tough call; if he were a star forward I would say part ways, but defensemen who can play 30 minutes a game and do it all are almost impossible to find.
      I don´t think PK is a bad egg as we speak, that´s not what i mean. But he hasn´t met a microphone he doesn´t like, captains Team Subbans, and does Nike commercials. Comments such as “what I bring on and OFF the ice” (hello? where does he get off talking about off the ice?) and ” i should be compensated for my style” (hello? I thought it was about hard work, and doing what it takes to win, not STYLE) are not a good sign.
      Think about it, he´s still not not displaying his full persona in the room because he is one of the youngest guys in there, and there are a lot of vets. But imagine him 5 years from now…See what i mean? Seems to me he´d be a better fit in LA or some other american team where they like outspokeness, and call this kind of stuff “attitude”.
      So I really think wether we sign him or not, or sign him and trade him, MB will make the right decision. It´s a tough call for MB and it could very well be his legacy.

Interesting who is sniffing around the potential NHL arena proposal in Markham.

3. SmartDog says:

On Radio690 they’re talking to a Kevin Kers from Sportsnet about the Sharks… and about Gomez.

Some of the comments make me LOL:
    “he hasn’t done anything yet but he’s skating well….”
    ”It’s just a matter of time…”
    “I think Gomez really knows he has something to prove….”

Yah, where have I heard ALL of that before?
    ————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

Gotta love when a member of the media tweets a rumour like this.

saraorlesky: Rumors floating around #NHLJets are interested in acquiring PK Subban. I’m told it is just that,a rumor.Jets aren’t going after him #habs

Translation, hears someone mention the rumour, checked all my sources, was completely unfounded, but thought I would put it out there anyways.

Sara, thanks for your hard work, perhaps you would like a date with Eklund later as well.

5. podbay says:

.: So incredibly refreshing to learn that Brendan and Alex are staying with the Habs. Best news of the season so far. Both are deserving, and both will only improve over time. I am SO happy for them both. Gallagher has worked his ass off to make it to this level. Congratulations, boyz!

6. Bripro says:

So the kid is 18 years old, and by the time he’s 20, he’ll have earned more than I’ve made in the last 10 years…. maybe 15…. maybe 20. He’s younger than my boy, for cripe’s sakes.
    I hate the kid already.
    But if the team sends him back, or ever gets rid of him, that’s the end of my career as a couch potato.

• 24 Cups says:

Bripro – Let’s say Galchenyuk hits point totals of 25, 45 and 60 during his first three years. Based on today’s market, that would mean he would be looking at a six year deal around the 5-6M mark. And he would be just 21 years old. So by the time he’s 27 he would have earned at least 35M.

I think it’s fair to say that $75,000 is a good salary for a 27 year old in today’s society. That means the individual would have to work 466 years to catch up to Galchenyuk.

7. Ton says:

Just reading the PK posts…..wondering if management has a plan here……..they covered themselves with the 2.9 milllion offer……think there wanting someone to come up with that 5 million per year contract……reality…..would you take a first second and third for him……..I think many would especially in this years draft….given that someone will sign him if habs match it they would likely trade him anyway. i think this thing is too far gone to maintain good health relations between the two parties. I can see what bob mackenzie meant. Just my thoughts not trying upset PK fans!

• Habsrule1 says:

There’s no way I would take only a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for him. Picks are crap shoots after the first few. Who knows where we would even take the 1st rounder.

PK is a budding superstar. Anyone who knows hockey can see that. This management team is too smart to not see that.

Go Habs Go!!

• Mattyleg says:

How do we know what kind of money he is being offered?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• commandant says:

Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, and Renaud Lavoie are reliable IMO.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

They are often reliable, still media and they leak what certain people want them to leak.

• Mattyleg says:

They are certainly reliable for reporting things that they’re told.

But do you think that Bergevin would leak that, and undermine his own position?
          Or do you think that Meehan would say that to turn public opinion against the Habs’ GM?

Hmmm….

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• commandant says:

There’s been no denials….. or competing link.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Mattyleg says:

Yeah, but that’s why Meehan did it.
            He says “Bergevin is offering $2.2″ (which is probably lower than what he offered) and everyone goes “AAAAHH!! He’s lowballing PK! He’s an idiot!” and media and public pressure forces Bergevin to sign PK to whatever he’s offering.

If Bergevin comes out and says “NO! NO! I’m offering him $2.6 or $3.2!” eveyone can say “Whaaaa?! He’s lowballing PK!” and pressure him to sign PK to whatever he wants.

By ignoring it altogether, along with the media moaning and the online griping, MB is staying away from Meehan’s trap.

It’s pretty deft negotiating, but Meehan knows not to push it too far.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• habsnyc says:

I think management has a plan. Their plan is to hold steady on a two year deal. If Subban wants a five year deal for 4-5million annually, then moving from $2.5 to $3million a two year deal is a waste of time. Once Subban agrees to the concept of a two year deal then they can negotiate the value of that deal. I think MB would go higher on a two year if PK accepted the idea of a bridge contract. This is why I think they have made no progress. But, I thought PK would sign a $6-7million two year deal before camp. I do not think PK has enough leverage to get a long term deal. This is a puzzling game of chicken for PK. He basically needs Montreal’s defense to crater or someone to give him an offer sheet.

Blue, blanc et rouge. Red and White for Canada. Blue for Smurfs.

• Newf_Habster says:

This year’s NHL draft is very deep with talented players so it is worthy a consideration for the Habs not to match another team’s offer team for PK. Should it happen, it means Habs will have eight picks in first three rounds.

8. Phil C says:

Glad the kids are staying, they are a lot if fun to watch. Galchenyuk absolutely oozes offensive talent with the way he finds his teammates with passes, the way he puts deception in his moves like freezing Brodeur before dishing to Gallagher for the open net, the way he anticipates the play like on the Prust goal. And he is only 18, it’s frightening to think how good he could be in 6 years.

For Nokelainen, I hope he slots in at 4th line centre when healthy because the Habs are getting killed in the faceoff circle right now, and that’s with mostly home games, it will only get worse on the road. Everytime the puck drops the Habs’ centres look like “wow, I didn’t see that coming.” It’s really one of the few negatives in their game so far.

At least Nokelainen can be used to win some faceoffs in their own end. He can kill penalties and provide some energy as well.

9. arcosenate says:

Remember when Roy had the appendectomy in the playoffs against the Bruins? What a nightmare. Habs had traded for Ron Tugnutt as insurance because he had played so well agianst the Bruins that year. As it turned out, Tugnutt sucked and they lost badly, like 5-2 or something. They should have given Roy Tugger’s appendix instead.

10. Mr.Habby says:

Do you guys not agree that by not signing PK to a fair deal that he will stray in his finer years. All this has to leave a bad taste in his mouth and he will remember when the tables are turned.
    For all the people on here saying PK is being selfish how would you feel if your teamate Mr. Kraperle is making north of $4M a year and playing shaky 12 mins a game and you are easily playing double that in all situations plus you bring enthusiasm and a bright future. I don’t think PKs demands are over the top. I think MB is being stubborn and his offer is a shame to the Habs organization. like a friend of mine said if MB thinks he is equal to DelZotto then would MB trade PK for DelZotto? I’m guessing not.
    I think the fans have to make more noise cause i don’t want this to be the biggest mistake since Chelios, Roy trades by a rookie Manager. We all know how those trades costed us a cup or two.

• Cal says:

Frankly, this isn’t about what anyone else on the team makes. This is all about what PK wants.

• Propwash says:

Imo (which isn’t always correct, but I digress) it’s hard to compare contracts given the negotiations were done with different people under different circumstances.

____________________
      DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

• Habsrule1 says:

I think the effect will be even worse.
      I think he will sign, maybe for 3M, but in 2 years, instead of maybe settling for 5M or 6M, he’ll insist on even more, and he’ll get it.
      That said, I don’t think the Kaberle money comes into the equation at all. Just because someone is far overpaid, that does not make them a comparable.
      PK needs to look for good contracts, and compare himself to those.

I’ll still be shocked if this new management team can’t see that trading PK would be one of the worst moves in the history of the team. I just can’t see them being that stupid….not with the experience they all have.

Go Habs Go!!

• Les Canayens says:

Pk deserves what the market can give him.

However, if MB overpays to simply please PK, by reducing the cap space for next several years to come, there’ll still be a bad taste in everyone’s mouth when time comes to fetch top UFAs but he’s unable, and now PK is stuck in a non-contending team.

Besides they can always use bonuses to make up for salary inequities if one feels the salary/year is too low.

• pmaraw says:

by that logic, everyone on the team should have made over 7 million last season

11. Les Canayens says:

Remember: buy low, sell high.

PK’s monetary value is getting lower as the season progress. So it’s time to sign him, not trade him.

If teams have to give up a top asset to have him, by signing him (to whatever salary per year) we’re basically adding him by not giving up anybody. I know he’s RFA, but with the way (fortunately) the Habs are playing right now with a pretty established roster, it’s like catching a UFA all of a sudden for the price of a transitional contract.

The case of cap relief on the +35 Pronger contract.

If the Flyers get relief, then they could (in theory) have Subban’s salary replace Pronger’s LTIR salary of 4.9M for the next four years.

• Loonie says:

I believe the article is a bit incorrect in that his money doesn’t count against the cap. I believe it does count against the cap but that they’re able to supplement his roster spot with somebody of equal or lesser salary while on LTIR.

• 24 Cups says:

Exactly. The only additional factor being that the team would first have to eat up the remaining cap space (to the cap Max) which would trhen be subtracted from Pronger’s salary.

The Flyers can’t let Pronger retire, just the way they didn’t let Laps retire. It’s best to keep paying his salary and then cash in on the cap space relief each year until his contract ends. I believe that might be 2017.

As well, the Flyers sent Laughton back to junior. That now leaves them with a roster of 29 players, six of whom are injured (Pronger, Walker, Bourdon, Meszaros, Rinaldo and Hartnell).

13. Mattyleg says:

Quick question: Who leaked the figures for Bergevin’s ‘offer’ and the info that he hasn’t moved on that since May?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

14. ponyboy says:

Good effort last night to get the victory in OT. Much different approach than last year. Give Eller two-three more games then see where he is at. Ditto for Weber. Still think PK signs today, just a gut feeling, nothing more. Enjoyable hockey to watch, this is for certain!!!

15. ont fan says:

PK hasn’t been traded,Therrion is making good moves, Markov’s in fine form, Price looks good. Everyone runs around here like their hair is on fire. Relax, enjoy the ride. Wait till the crap hits the fan before you have the heart attacks.

16. Hobie Hansen says:

Am I correct that if a team put forth an offer sheet for Subban for $5 mill a season that the compensation would be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick? If Bergevin decides not to match that is.

17. bel33 says:

Man… can this PK thing get solved soon?!?!?!
    I can’t keep checking this page and my twitter feed every 2 mins at work… they might catch on! HA!

PK… I know you’re reading this….. c’mon home… you know it’s nice… take the bridge now… show me the money in two. Your bro isn’t playing for Boston for a long time…. you can beat on the Bruins for lots of years till then without any flak at home.

18. Mattyleg says:

Taking PK’s name off his locker isn’t a big deal in my opinion, and I don’t believe that it’s an indication of the team’s plans.

Why would they make a private decision to trade him into a public rumour by taking his name down?

In my opinion, they took his name down so that his absence would be less conspicuous to the players in the room. Okay, his stall is still empty, but his name isn’t there anymore, signifying that the team as it stands is made up of the players who are in the room, not the ones who are absent.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

Stop it, just stop it! You are not reading into this properly, shouldn’t you be working? :)

• Mattyleg says:

Soh-ree!
        Okay, you’re right. I guess I’m just not trying hard enough.
        It’s just that… with this cold weather and everything…

Hey, they took PK’s name down? Man, management obviously did this as an indication to other teams to start sending in offer sheets.

Bye-bye PK! Off to the Bruins with your brother.

Oh, and I AM working.

In a way.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Chuck says:

It’s not just down, man! It’s at this moment being sent by priority courier to the Subban household in Ontarioio for immediate installation on PK’s bedroom door.

___________________________________________________

So who knew our own Bourque was moonlighting as a chef at ESPN.

20. Danno says:

This is so great!

Finally. Exciting Habs hockey.

Just awesome.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• Chuck says:

It sure beats watching the team go into a defensive shell when down by a goal.

___________________________________________________

21. I think P.K. would help the team, if his heart is in it. However, I would really like a trade to either Winnipeg or Edmonton for a top quality ,young forward.

• commandant says:

The moment you trade PK, you need to start looking for your future franchise Dman.

Markov won’t be around forever.

And while I like Beaulieu and Tinordi, I think they are #2s or #3s in terms of potential. I don’t see the defence in Beaulieu to play shutdown minutes like PK, and I don’t see the offence in Tinordi.

Why create a hole that will need filling down the road?

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• ed lopaz says:

absolutely correct, commandant.

absolutely correct.

• Mats Naslund says:

I agree completely. Even if Tinordi or Beaulieu eventually develop into #1 Dmen – you still need PK to get you there. They aren’t going to step in a light the league on fire. Look at all of the top young defenders – they all take a few years to ramp up.

• sirs81 says:

that number one D man is named Markov… It would be nice to see PK on the team but I dont think he is liked in the room very much or he would have gotten the money he was asking for…

• Habsrule1 says:

So tired of the “he isn’t liked” stuff. It looked to me that Price liked him quite a bit, and this Price guy is a pretty important piece of this team.
            People don’t always like people they work with. They need to get over it. Quiet people probably don’t like PK’s style. Who cares?

Go Habs Go!!

• commandant says:

Markov is great… .but is 34 years old and has had 3 knee surgeries. He’s also signed only until July 1st 2014.

He isn’t going to be around forever. You need a succession plan.

PK is raw, let him be the #2, and learn the offensive game from Markov, the same way he learned defense from Gill and Gorges and in 2-3 years he takes over as the #1

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• HabFanSince72 says:

Because no one is bigger than the team?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• The Jackal says:

True, but its total BS that PK thinks that.

_________________________
          “PK Subban is an integral part of the team, a hard-working player who is extremely talented, and part of any bright future the Habs may strive for.” – Gunnery Captain Obvious & Brigadier General Knowledge.

• ed lopaz says:

Ya, that’s the RDS, Antichambre “slogan” for Subban.

Their way of supporting Therrien, and Bergevin’s ridiculously low offer.

“no excuses” – except we can’t afford our future #1 d-man.

• commandant says:

How is asking to be paid fair market value, being bigger than the team?

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Chuck says:

!

___________________________________________________

I’m assuming Boone has camped out by the Bell Center in order to see the plumes of white smoke whent the deal is signed?

22. jols101 says:

Is there any way to find out what Galchenyuk’s 2.3 million in performance bonuses are?

• jols101 says:

It just says that $92,500 is signing bonus but I was wondering what Galchenyuk has to achieve for the rest of the bonuses too kick in. Example, point totals, goals, winning calder trophy, etc. Are the specifics just between GM and player/player agent or are they published somewhere?

I seem to recall Commandant mentioning that bonuses are not prorated for shortened season, thus making it more difficult for him to attain them. Unsure what they are specifically however. Sorry, and good question!

• commandant says:

Yeah, the only one i think he might have a shot at would be something like being nominated for the Calder, (or winning). Due to games limit.

However even that will be a very difficult award as there are a ton of great young rookies (and many older than Galch and in better situations to put up points, see Tarasenko, Conacher, Huberdeau, Yakupov, Schultz).

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Newf_Habster says:

Perhaps you can ask @capgeek on twitter and I am sure he will be happy to answer your questions. :)

• otter649 says:

Toews got a million dollar bonus for winning The Conn Symthe Trophy on EL contract & possibly him & Kane got a bonus of being on a Stanley Cup winning team……

23. jeffhabfan says:

Way to go kids by making the Habs.Lets now get P.K. today.

24. twilighthours says:

Subban’s nameplate off his locker? Oy vey. I fear my Subban poster will soon be a collector’s item.

It will be a sad day when he’s gone.

25. frontenac1 says:

Jason Arnott flunked his Physical? Ha! Join the club amigo!

26. Sakus Evil Twin says:

Know it’s been said, but…

Is anyone working harder than Bourque right now? Sure he could refine his shot and make the goalie work a little harder, but the chances and half-chances he created from turnovers and persistance… #17 clearly agrees.

He’s like a Rod Brind’Amour. Same number too.

No answers, just opinions. Bite me. Och.

• Loonie says:

I dislike Armstrong but I think he’s given everything he has so far.

Same for Ryan White.

Moen almost seemed like the least physical of the 3 yesterday, but I think Moen is careful where he picks his spots for bigger hits. I still like Travis, but hope his multiyear contract doesn’t have him forgetting what got him that contract.

In my opinion our 4th line is one of the better 4th lines in the league, top 1/3rd I am thinking.

• Luke says:

Brind’Amour was, for a while, a point per game centre (totalled 1184pts in 1384games), who also played the role as the number one defensive forward on his team.

Bourque, in my opinion, isn’t much like Brind’Amour… his jersey number, excepted.

(Man, I’m cranky today. Sorry).

27. Loonie says:

For anyone concerned about the Flyers signing Subban to an offer sheet…….forget it.

They can’t, no cap space.

Anything they do that’s Subban related would have to involve a big salary dump and then an offer sheet or a straight up trade with the Habs.

I don’t see the Flyers getting involved. They aren’t going to trade Couturier and they’re highly unlikely to move either Schenn after having acquired Luke in the summer.

I think they’re out of the running on this.

• Habfan10912 says:

Thank you. (Breathing a sigh of relief)

———————————–

• 24 Cups says:

Philly has 30 players listed on CapGeek so that’s not a true reflection of their real salary total.

If the rumours are true about Pronger, then there’s a good chance that he may never play again. That should mean Philadelphia would get cap relief of 4,935,000 for each of the next four years. In Holmgren’s mind Pronger = Subban.

• Loonie says:

35+ contract, no cap relief.

• Strummer says:

Is that applicable for injury-related issues?

______________________________________________________
            “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

• habsnyc says:

there is cap relieft for LTIR, the flyers did it last season.

Blue, blanc et rouge. Red and White for Canada. Blue for Smurfs.

• Loonie says:

They can only use the LTIR on Pronger for so long before other teams put pressure the league to put a stop to it, much like Derian Hatcher.

It’s cap circumvention

• commandant says:

I doubt it…. Pronger is a legit injury. He’s not sitting out just cause.

I don’t see this as cap circumvention, this is exactly the situation LTIR was put in place to address, a star player big cap hit getting a season (or in this case career) ending injury.

Pronger’s head is reportedly a mess. He’s not faking it to get out of the cap hit. The guy was still an olympian, and had 10 points in 12 games at the start of the year when he got hurt.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Loonie says:

A four year concussion if it extends beyond this season Ben?

Perhaps we see Philly buyout Pronger with amnesty this summer, put him on LTIR to get the capspace this year.

• commandant says:

A 4 year concussion?

Yes… a concussion can be a career ending injury.

If a doctor tells him. “Your career is done, you can not risk another concussion as it might give you permanent brain damage” and with his history, he’ll find a lot of doctors who will tell him that. Its a career ending injury.

If the league or the Flyers try to force him on the ice and say he’s not injured in the face of an opinion like that, good luck in arbitration/court.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Luke says:

@Loonie and in reference to the 4yr concussion.

It is said that Savard still suffer from significant concussion issues… he still has difficulty playing with his children. Tragic really.

• HabFanSince72 says:

How come they had the cap space to offer Weber $8M?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• habsnyc says:

I think they have cap space for 2012 and 2013, but I think they are worried about 2014-15 when they have three RFA’s including Giroux. They can put Pronger on LITR and sign Subban with plenty of room to spare for 12 and 13. If they give Subban $5 milloin for five years they become vulnerable in 2014 to an offer sheet for Coutourier or Schenn. Given how they went after Weber, were they to go after PK, Montreal would force their hand on one of their forwards.

Blue, blanc et rouge. Red and White for Canada. Blue for Smurfs.

• ed lopaz says:

if they have Giroux and Braden Schenn, why not move Couturier?

Yeah. I crossed the line down below. Totally over the top. I apologize.

I just wanted to emphasize that PK played big minutes on a crappy team. Meaning he was a contributor to that crappiness. If Subban was so elite the Habs would have ended picking around 12th. Thankfully he’s only elite in the imagination of a few bloggers’ minds.

• Loonie says:

I think there’s a distinction to be made. I think one could easily say he has elite skills but hasn’t figured out how to put them together yet in a way that makes him an elite player.

But because he has the skills, it’s more likely than not that he will one day soon be an elite player.

• Habfan10912 says:

HH, no need to apologize. IMHO PK was forced to play major minutes and his defensive lapses showed occasionally. That said, he was a bright spot in an otherwise dismal season.

———————————–

• Saintpatrick33 says:

Honestly though Bobby Orr wouldn’t have made an impact on that dysfunctional team last year. It was poorly coached poorly managed and there were just too many injuries. Subban stepped up played big minutes and had a good season in his own right.

29. CynicalHabsfan says:

Oh yeah and congrats to the gals they’ve looked sharp

30. CynicalHabsfan says:

Hey guys. Long-time reader (although I zoned out halfway through last year), first time commenter.

Anyone else worried about Patch being out for a month? Cole had a decent game last night, but he is probably a little out of shape post-lockout. Eller seems like a sweet kid and I get that everyone loves him, but he is not a top line forward and probably never will be. And dd needs scorers (in game shape) to feed. Our top line is now our third line.

Not to say that the last three games haven’t been great. They’ve been AMAZING. But the schedule gets tougher from here, with two back-to-backs, a visit from the %$&#ing bruins and then a lot of time on the road. I just want them to keep winning forever.

• shiram says:

If Cole and Bourque can convert some of the chances they are getting right now, it should help alot.
      I’d also give a longer try to Eller in the top 6, the Gallys and Prust are doing well and so is the 4th, maybe see if Eller can switch spot with DD for a while, might as well do the most out of a bad situation.

• SmartDog says:

Cole is a slow starter. He started really slow last year (people were complaining… I think he had one goal in 10 games) and he finished with 35 goals. I wouldn’t worry. And since he does a lot of the work by driving at the net, I don’t think it matters so much who’s on the other wing.

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

31. mr dave says:

great news just read the 2-G line staying with the big club nice move mb

the habs have 24 cups I have 24 beers

32. Loonie says:

After thinking about it a bit what I like most about this decision regarding Galchenyuk specifically is that they did it after game 4. They weren’t going to react negatively to a potentially bad game number five and make a hasty decision.

Hopefully they begin applying this philosophy to benching players and scratches.

33. savethepuck says:

I have absolutely no problem with either one of these kids sticking with the big club. They look like they belong here to me, and I see nothing but improvement from them as they have more games under their belts.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

• Hobie Hansen says:

The sample size to gauge a guy like Armstrong has been rather small, 4 games. He had a chance or two last night but has yet to make his presence felt. He hasn’t been bad or anything.

But is Nokelainen a better center than White? Can you scratch Armstrong , put Nokelainen in the middle and move White to the wing?

Nokelainen is just as scrappy as Armstrong.

Opps, i meant to reply to the post just below ;-)

• SmartDog says:

Two good things about Armstrong are that he’s on a 1-year deal and playing to prove he’s worth as much as he can. And for only $1 million, he’s an experienced guy who can play different roles and also is said to be good at helping the guys stay loose. Good value for the price. At least this year.

————————————-
        Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• rhino514 says:

Nokkia is the only good faceoff centre on the team. So I think he is actually valuable to have in there for some games. He also has more skill than White, but not nearly as physical.
        In which case I´guess either White or Armstrong sit.

34. geo_habsgo says:

So out of curiosity, why do I read so many posts that talk about when Nokelainen comes back from injury that the lines will change? Not criticizing anyone in particular here just wondering why this thought is so prevalent on this site. Who sits in favour of dressing Nokia? How has he earned a spot versus some of the other guys?

I know I’d be very mad if guys like Galchenyuk, Gallagher, or Eller sat for a very mediocre player like Nokelainen.

• Captain aHab says:

Nokia actually wins faceoffs from time to time.

—————-
      Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

• Sportfan says:

Well before Patchy went down I think white was going to be scratched for Eller so when Nokia comes back I figure it’ll be white unless its against someone like Boston, Philly and Toronto

• Blondie says:

Can’t see it myself. I would guess he’ll sit as an injury replacement or maybe be sent to Hamilton. Isn’t that where he spent the majority of last year?

• shiram says:

They gave him a contract in the summer, so they must have figured they needed him for something. Maybe White plays wing, or Armstrong sits? In any case, we don’t have an extra healthy forward as of now, so just having him as a healthy scratch would be ok.

• 24 Cups says:

I think Nokelainen was signed strictly as an insurance policy.

It’s a lot easier to sign a guy In July as a emergency back-up than having to trade off a draft pick in February when the whole league knows your back is against the wall.

35. SmartDog says:

Would this be the right time to say I was right about Gallagher?

When he was drafted I read everything I could find about him, was so impressed by his attitude and everything I read that based on that I said clearly on here that against the odds (taken in the 5ht round) he would make it.

Of course they all laughed – and yes I mean YOU Timo!

Welcome Gallagher! Keep bringin’ it!

————————————
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• sirs81 says:

I loved the kid since we drafted him… He plays a good game and is strong on the puck..
      Im hearing Gally will live with Gorges and Chucky will be getting an apartment and his mom will live with him. His dad is going to return to finish the season coaching.

• HardHabits says:

Robert Rice touted him from the start. Said he was the sleeper pick for that draft year. I suspect he was right.

36. HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

2.5 million a year.. what a joke… sign him to 7 years at 5 million. He’ll be the most underpaid player at the tail end of his contract, and hes a core peice the habs are gonna need if they wanna compete in the east. If they are serious about winning pay the guy and give the fans what they want!. sign him MONTREAL stop depriving us and trade plekenec and kaberle and eller and get a real first line center ala claude giroux ;) put DD as a second liner. and go for the cup. one more peice is a solid D man who can drop em. thats how the habs will win it.

later

37. shiram says:

Nail biting speculation on Subban continues to run rampant, the name plate thing being the latest in a series of vague unconfirmed reports about him, and everyone just eats it up.
    It’s not like putting a name plate back in is such a difficult task afterall.
    I’ll wait for some confirmed info, as for now, well they are still negotiating.

• HabFanSince72 says:

If the nameplate thing is true there is no optimistic reading of that piece of information.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• shiram says:

It seems like something thrown in at the end of the piece to get people talking and it is working.
        Could it be they just needed the place? Or maybe Therrien had it removed cause he thought it was a distraction and kept the matter on the player’s mind… There’s no context to this.

I still think the Habs need a D of Subban’s caliber, so I can’t see him being traded, unless a great D is coming back, so why just swap players?

38. B says:

Gallagher to stay with Gorges.
    Galchenyuk to stay with his Mom and sister.

–Go Habs Go!–

39. The Jackal says:

Well fellows fans, it’s been a good start to the season.
    I’m stoked that the kids are here to stay, I know they can handle the eventual down that all players go through, and they will learn from it and keep improving their game.

That being said, I think they will have a good season.
    I’m really happy to see Markov in vintage form, as well as Diaz and Emelin improving from last year.
    Hopefully, knock on wood, we can avoid major injuries, I think we’ve paid our dues on that front.

From what we’ve so far, it’s shaping up to be an exciting year. I know DD, Pacs, and Cole will pick it up, and it sure feels good to have 3 lines that can score.
    As for Eller’s future, well, I for one hope finds his form and becomes the player we want him to be. I think eventually it comes up to Eller vs. DD, one of them will be a spare part, as we finally have some depth at centre. Some may countenance trading Pleks, but I think if Eller or DD reach top 6 potential, we can have Chuck, Eller/DD, and Pleks as our third guy once he is older, which is nice line of pivots.

Finally, the PK saga. Well, what hasn’t been said. I look at this “controversy” and think: we drive our players out of town, no s***. It’s best that we don’t buy into the media frenzy that is fueling these ridiculous rumours/hearsay about PK’s future and attitude. Everyone on these boards last year saw PK as a plus on this team, and he still is. The part that sucks is that this always happens. See Price v. Halak, Markov contract, etc. – in the end, the detractors end up eating crow and start singing the praise of the player. The same will happen with PK.

I for one am looking for to having him and Markov on the PP, giving us 2 good units and an extra puck moving D that plays big minutes, can play on the PK, and is solid defensively. We will need that going forward if we are to make the playoffs and not wear out Markov or other D men like the Cube, who is 37.

_________________________

40. HabFanSince72 says:

Tom believes Subbie will sign an offer sheet.

Which team would offer PK a contract?

One possibility is a conference rival who wants to mess up the Habs by forcing them to pay more than they want for PK. Such a team would be making an offer expecting that it would be matched. I presume $4-$5M/yr for 5 years. This seems pointless. If I am Boston or Toronto – I WANT the Habs to trade Subban. Besides going to all that trouble, knowing the Habs can do the same to me, doesn’t seem worth it for the minor payoff of forcing Montreal to lose a bit of cap flexibility. You might actually be strengthening the Canadiens if you do that.

Another possibility is a team that needs D and actually wants Subban. Then the offer would need to be so high that the Habs will take the draft picks. Such a team would need to lose three draft picks at least, including one first. Maybe even two firsts. That team would also have to have the cap space, and think Subban is worth $6M/yr.

Finally a third possibility is a team whose GM is a bit impulsive. A bit reckless.

In sum, the answer to all three is Philly.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Habsssssssswin says:

Red Wings, perhaps ??

• Loonie says:

There is of course the scenario where Bergevin really won’t pay Subban more than $2.5 million annually.

If that’s the case, I would expect a team to offer Subban something in the $4 million to $5 million range annually, and then I expect Bergevin would crumble and match the offer.

But that doesn’t mean a team won’t take the chance. Bergevin’s played his hand pretty well if this is what he’s looking for.

• bleedhabs81 says:

That is unlikely.

Losing PK for the compensation picks in the 4-5 mill range is absurd.

He would accept the offer and then look to trade if that was really the case

• Whatever says:

Did anyone watch Hotstove on Sat night?

It was said that there has been no offer sheet and probably won’t be for Subban. Not that nobody wants Subban, but GMs are very relunctant given that they almost always get matched. It creates a lot of animosity amongst the GMs and if it is just gonna be matched like Philly going after Weber, why bother. Discuss trade instead of backstabbing and looking like a douche.

• Luke says:

Since Montreal has the finances and space to match most offer sheets, I think only teams that would like to sabotage Montreal’s cap will make the offer. Otherwise, what’s the point if it will be matched?

Now, will a team offer something outrageous right after a Lockout where contract limitations were such a focal point?

• 24 Cups says:

If Philly goes after Subban with an offer sheet then Montreal goes after Giroux and Couturier who both come up for renewal in the same year.

41. awesomerino says:

“Sweet! A new Stu Cowan editorial,” said not one person, ever.

42. Habsssssssswin says:

Here’s the Acid Test…man I’m looking forward to this one..
    C,mon P.K. ..Time to come home!!
    Wed, 6 Feb 2013
    Bruins
    Canadiens
    7:30 PM
    RDS, TSN, NBCSN

• Strummer says:

He didn’t play during the lockout and missed training camp.

He will be rusty.

I would have him play 3 or 4 games in Hamilton as a conditioning stint.

______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

The nameplate was reportedly taken off Subban’s locker at the team’s practice facility over the weekend, and his equipment removed.

He’s still listed on the team’s website as a member of the NHL roster.

For now.

source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/subban-canadiens-inch-towards-resolution/article7903993/

44. Strummer says:

So much for “Not Winnin’ for McKinnon”

______________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

45. Hobie Hansen says:

After so much negativity on this site during the lockout it’s great to have a week where everything looks positive.

Nice to see the people who doubted guys like Therrien, Prust and the importance of a rough and tumble 4th line – eat crow!

It’s a thrill watching Galchenyuk and Gallagher. It’s not too often in this town that young players make an impact like they’re doing right now. Putting Prust on that line with them is genius.

Again, love the new team spirit where guys are sticking up for each other. Love that guys like Bourque and Prust are adding a physical element to their respective lines. Love the way the 4th line is playing. Love Andrei Markov!

Being the softest team in the league for the past 2 or 3 years was so painful. Thank you for setting things right Marc Bergevin.

46. habsfan0 says:

If and when PK signs with the Habs…will there be any lingering feelings of animosity towards him by his teammates? I would hope not. Some fans might not be happy with PK initially,but those feelings should pass as soon as he completes his first end to end rush.

• The Jackal says:

I don’t think so, and I think the PK-detractors will get over it once, as you say, he completes his first end to end rush.

_________________________

• Strummer says:

I don’t think so either.
      Most players in cahoots with their agents will try and pry as much cash as they can from a contract signing.
      It’s just business.

______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

• Les Canayens says:

They’re all pros, with their own past contract woes, who played in all kinds of team with all kinds of teammates. Many have just stepped off their temporary European teams with which they played longer than the fresh NHL season. Therefore inserting PK now is the least alienating personnel change they’ll experience this year.

So no, don’t think there’ll be problems.

47. Habsrule1 says:

I love that picture. Therrien is doing all the right things right now.

FYI to those saying trade Subban: This team only gets better with PK on it.

Go Habs Go!!

• jedimyrmidon says:

Exactly. The D corps becomes rather good, if I may say so, with Subban. And since building from the net out is wise, putting Subban in back where he belongs means the Habs will be that much further along.

48. habfanacrossthed says:

Happy for the boys playing some good hockey. Good for MT and MB to have Chucky and Gally stay up with the club. Now about this PK guy what to do with him?

GHOD – Go Habs Or Die

49. doug19 says:

Great for both!
    Galchenyuk i watched in every game at the world juniors. His clever passes and shot were very consistent.Since then his back checking has improved 100% and he is improving in every assoect of his game. In Sarnia he would be playing too many minute. This way he can learn as he goes playing against other great players. Gallager is a pure goal scorer and a keener. The AHL is no place for him. The 2 goal burst he put on in the world juniors come back attempt 2 years ago was great.

50. Les Canayens says:

During the CH24 segment when MB and MT announced to Alex Galchenyuk that he’s starting the season in Montreal (unrelated to today’s news), they said they were going to let “Igor” know about it. Anyone has an idea who “Igor” is? It’s not his father nor his coach in Sarnia.

Thank you PK Subban for all the big minutes you played last season that led the Habs to 28th place over-all and the subsequent Galchenyuk pick. Without your mistakes in abundance which led the Habs to a Tanked™ season they would never have been such a horrible team. I look forward to the nice high draft picks you’ll garner the Habs once you accept the ludicrously over paid offer sheet coming your way. See you later Subban. Thanks again for making the Habs a better team, by not being on it.

52. It’s the right move.

Very happy they are staying.

You can almost see the others playing harder the last few games because they were playing for jobs.

Moen, Bourque, and White were different players. Armstrong will have a to do more, but it is is early.

I hope it continues all season. They all should be playing like it’s the last shift int he NHL. (we know that won’t happen though)

Gotta beat the Jets, I won’t be able to walk outdoors if they lose to them.

They Call Me Shane
    “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
    Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

53. Two quality young players that will be great Habs for many years.
    Trade Subban for one of Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle or Yak.

• The Jackal says:

Nuna??

_________________________

54. Two quality young players that will be great Habs for many years.
    Trade Subban for one of Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle or Yak.

55. TwoTonTony says:

Smart move to keep that kind of positive energy on the team. Those two seem to have gelled quite nicely, and Therrien is very smart to keep Prust on their line, to dissuade anyone who might want to cheap shot these two.

56. HABZ24 says:

Great news they deserve it. It feels awesome having a winning nhl team in mtl after yrs. keep it up guys

57. Rad says:

The dawn of a new era in Montreal. The first baby steps toward the Promised Land.

58. Strummer says:

I thought keeping Galchenyuk would put us in cap trouble but according to Capgeek we have about $5.9 million cap space.

EDIT: Chucky will be an RFA in June 2015 at the ripe old age of 21
    ______________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

• The Jackal says:

June 2015 – we can all look forward to being in the pro-Chuck and anti-Chuck camp when his contract negotiations begin!

_________________________

59. shiram says:

Glad the Gallys are staying, I was not sure Gallagher had all it took to stay this year, but his play speaks loudly. I don’t expect them to remain with Prust at all times, and with Nokia eventually coming back, the lines will change some.
    And while we are discussing the merits of DD over Eller and vice versa, Plekanec has been trudging along playing the same game he always does, bringing a steady presence on the ice.

I thought Eller showed some efforts and intensity last night, but he was not comfortable either, it showed. Seems to me right now he still belongs on the third line, playing tough minutes against tough opposing lines.
    And DD can’t work his cunning passes with the attention he is getting this year, with the slow start of Cole and Patches injury it might be a while till he finds his comfort zone, but he’s been playing good, should probably try to keep things simpler and success will come to him.

In other news PK Subban was told he could start house hunting in Winnipeg and Edmonton.

61. Chester says:

How can PK sign now.
    He has spoiled his future with the club. At 23 you are not bigger than the team. He should be traded. Period.

• This is a business. Now the PK camp will see the cap numbers and then decide on what’s best for the Habs. 2.5-3 million/year for two years. Just like we’ve all been saying for the last two years. Then the payday will come if he explodes into stardom and the Canadiens will work it to get him paid again or move on. That’s NHL life.

They Call Me Shane
      “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
      Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures

62. HABSsince92 says:

The kids are all right.

PK please sign.

63. Habsssssssswin says:

Great news!! .. Chuuuuukeeee, Chuuuuuukeee echoing through

the Bell Centre will be music to my ears. Thankyou Monsieur Marc…

64. FANHABULOUS says:

I’m very happy to hear both kids are staying… as many have mentioned, Chucky has nothing more to learn in Sarnia (he basically proved how dominant he is there during the lockout period) and needs to play in the NHL to continue his development. Gally looks like a Gionta 2.0 clone, so he’s got a great role-model on the team to learn from.

I just have one big request for these two, and I HOPE ONE OF THE GAZETTE REPORTERS ASKS MB ABOUT THIS:

Please have each of them live with a veteran on the team that can look after them during these early stages, like the Pens did with Crosby. I think this was mentioned before, and now that they are staying, it should be a big priority for the organization to do this right.

• bel33 says:

Chris Pronger was billeted out with a family in Hartford when he first hit the NHL as an 18 year old. Smart teams take care of their prized rookies.
      And let’s face it… Hartford doesn’t have the nightlife of Montreal. Well that I know of anyhow… ;)

• FANHABULOUS says:

Exactly, I think it should become part of the culture of the Habs organization as well. Once we get young guys into the team, they should be living with one of the vets on the team to show them how to live and act like a pro, and avoid the idiotic ways of some (like P. Kane for example).

65. light_n_tasty says:

Markov has 4 pp goals this year. Subban had 5 last year. Almost the same, ergo, they should have similar contracts, right PK?

66. Dr.Rex says:

OH and congrats to the two Gally’s

Nice to have a couple kids who still play for the love of the game. Which PK once did.

67. Dr.Rex says:

Couple thoughts on Subban;

1) If he plays in KHL then its purely about the money and all that crao about being a CH lover is all garbage. Not saying this is a possibility.
    2) For all this Couturier- Subban swap talk…The deal doesn’t get done without Eller, Coburn and a pick coming to Montreal in the deal.
    3) FOr all the Philly nimrods who say Couturier is too much to give up they are simply just that….NIMRODS.
    4) Cheers to the Habs who have played thus far. Get off your high horse P KARL. I would pay good dollar to play one game in a Habs uniform. Wake up kid!!!!!! ANd Im one of his bigger fans.

68. aemarchand11 says:

Congrats Boys!

69. CCL says:

I’m glad for the two gally’s. They deserve it.

70. citizenSanto says:

What a pleasure to see such a talented kid as AG play.
    No one could take those hands for granite.
    ;)

71. ont fan says:

So about a week from now we will have Subban back and that will be our roster for the year.

72. arcosenate says:

The only thing that worries me about this decision is that I would have done the same thing.

I am hearing PK rejected the Habs offer and is going to play in the KHL, anyone else hearing this?

73. ed lopaz says:

very happy for these 2 young men. they deserve it.

• Loonie says:

Gallagher adjusted well last night. Went to better areas in the offensive zone than in his previous two games I thought.

• ed lopaz says:

agreed. he is also fearless which the coaches love

• Habfan10912 says:

I was so impressed with him last camp. All I can remember is the Count poo pooing his effort saying something along the lines of “well he is a young player playing against other teams marginal players…… ” Well that may have been true I just thought at the time, what a balloon buster.
        Both these youngsters earned there spot on the ice. Great that performance is rewarded.

———————————–
        Warning. I am in a gloating, out of control mood.

74. Loonie says:

Good decision

75. Propwash says:

Really happy for those two. There will be growing pains, but they fully deserve the promotion.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

76. Habfan10912 says:

Prust seems to be a good fit for the kids, huh? Who would have thought that?

———————————–
    Warning. I am in a gloating, out of control mood.

77. Thomas Le Fan says:

There is no Chuck in Galchenyuk. We need a better nickname than that. Imagination time.

78. podbay says:

The line will need a nickname. I like the GAP Line, for Galchenyuk/Gallagher and Prust. Other suggestions?

79. Loonie says:

I don’t think Bergevin will get the chance. I’d be willing to bet they sign an offer sheet very soon.

80. Cal says:

Done last Friday. PK is still a Hab unless he won’t agree to the deal or signs an offer sheet.

81. HFX-HabFan says:

I think we still have $5-6 million in cap space even with Galchenyuk’s entry-level deal on the books.

82. Chuck says:

It’s next year that would be the problem. Still a lot of holes to fill after giving PK big bucks.

___________________________________________________

83. Strummer says:

It’s a nickname FFS.

It doesn’t have to phonetically precise.

______________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

84. The Jackal says:

Just because something is imaginary, doesn’t mean it’s not rear!

_________________________

85. Habfan10912 says:

I suspect Kabrele will come off the cap one way or the other next season. Hopefully a trade. CHeers Chuck.

———————————–

86. Chuck says:

They need to trade him to a team that a) needs some help on the blueline this season, and b) would otherwise not be using a buyout at the end of the year, so they could use it on Kaberle instead.

___________________________________________________

87. Andy and the habs says:

I think that is the purpose. Teammates don’t give cool nicknames most of the time. It is something to laugh about, and also something that is supposed to be just inside the locker room in between the guys.

88. bleedhabs81 says:

probably too much sodium

89. Strummer says:

Nicknames are generally boring and predictable- just take the first syllable of a players last name and add a “Y”

______________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

90. Thomas Le Fan says:

It’s a lousy nickname. FFS. The kid’s going to be a superstar. Don’t much care what his linemates are calling him when they want the puck but we neeeeed a better nickname for a superstar. The Russian Rapier, I dunno. But Chucky?

91. Blondie says:

I’ve always enjoyed Boone’s writing and style. So happy he’s continuing the Live Blog, even if I don’t always catch it live, and ALN. They’ve been an integral part of my habs fan experience for years now. Go Boone Go!

92. Captain aHab says:

His mom and sister apparently.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

93. The Jackal says:

Not to sound like the creepy fan, but doesn’t the sister have to go to school or something?

_________________________

94. Captain aHab says:

She’s an older sister I believe.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

95. neumann103 says:

Anna is about 7-8 years older. Already finished university

“Et le but!”

96. rhino514 says:

Are you sure about that?
    In that case I stand corrected. i had no idea. it struck me he did like it here, though.

97. The Jackal says:

Good thing you can’t make that bet, or you’d be homeless, and Gorges is all outta room!

_________________________

98. ed lopaz says:

I don’t think we have brought out the best in Eller yet.

I am a big Eller supporter.

time will tell.

99. GuyDoon says:

But both Price and Max signed bridge contracts before their respective “paydays”. The Habs want PK to do the same, and I’m ok with that approach.

I think he means PK Subban.

101. frontenac1 says:

I was disappointed too. If Mike can”t get his juices going ,I don”t know who can. He has the size and skill, maybe some red meat and Red Bull?

102. Mattyleg says:

He will.
    He’ll be like the worm in the apple.
    I’d be surprised if one of the Habs doesn’t shiv another by season’s end.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

103. twilighthours says:

I know what you really think.

104. ooder says:

i was thinking earlier about how bad PG actually was, i mean just so bad.
    btw I assume since Gainey’s daughter passed away PG was making most of the moves even though he didn’t have the official title.
    we gave away SK for nothing.
    we gave away grabovski for nothing.
    the halak trade right now is not looking to good bu tthat could change.
    classless trade of Cammalleri. Not the fact that we got bourque but how it was done.
    The spacek for Kaberle trade.
    The lack of balls to back Cunneyworth and throwing him under the bus.

105. Adidess says:

What do you mean? Looking for another screaming match today. I don’t do those , sorry. I might want to debate though, if you’re interested.

106. Adidess says:

Ok, is this guy crazy? Habsolutely, I think you should learn to keep track of whom you’re talking to, I don’t think that’s too hard. You may have hard this ‘discussion’ with somebody, but this is a case of mistaken identity if you think that was me. The kind of exchanges you do (expletives and shouting matches) I would never engage with you individually, that much I know. So please take your rage elsewhere. I wasn’t the guy you were involved with, sir!

107. Adidess says:

Ok. Habsolutely, I can now confirm that you’re crazy. The other guy said something extremely vulgar, you said something equally vulgar and tasteless. I did not reply to you directly, but expressed my personal view that the words being used were out-of-line and shouldn’t be tolerated. I did not direct my comments towards you specifically and did not congratulate the other person or anybody. That was the extent of my comment. You seem to suffer from paranoia, because none of the things you have accused me of doing today are things that I have in fact done.

There is absolutely no reason why I would be itching to comment on your posts. You have never caught my attention as somebody whose posts I need to keep track of on this site. My turn to thank you and wish you good night!

108. Mr. Biter says:

Be glad he’s the hawks problem now. His other job offer was with MacDonalds as a bilingual order take ” Do you want fries with the Big Mac”

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

109. Adidess says:

Well, Habsolutely, if you’re going to accuse others of things they haven’t done for a chance to use the word idiot, then I don’t know what kind of circles (internet or not) where this is acceptable. I never mentioned ‘announcers are homers’ or had any type of 1-on-1 chats with you, clearly you rage is both misdirected and misplaced.