Future begins now for Canadiens at draft

NHL Draft logo

The 2012 NHL Entry Draft rolls tonight in Pittsburgh, the Canadiens scheduled to draft third in the first round.

No shortage of opinions about what the Canadiens should do, what they need, what they should want…

Mike Boone will be live-blogging the draft before it gets underway at 7 pm ET. For now, feel free to use this post to tell Habs general manager Marc Bergevin what he should do tonight. Or any of the other 29 GMs.

1. Who Am I?

They Call Me Shane
    “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
    Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

• Days away from leaving Manitoba for the summer (applause here) and heading to the greatest Island on the planet, I am just finishing up my final project for our cross Canada, and Northern States Ad campaign.

For the last hour I have been sculpting this part of the project. I need a break. SO here is the deal. First person to answer correctly receives a Montreal Canadiens autograph from Sholi2000.com Inc.

All you have to do is click the link, and tell me who this custom sports figure is? Only one guess per member.

Who Am I?

They Call Me Shane
      “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
      Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures

2. Marc10 says:

Yes! Very happy with that pick. Good luck kid!

3. Marc10 says:

Well, well… Yak to EDM. Who do the Jackets pick?

4. Exit716 says:

Kyle Woodlief of Red Line Report scouting service said Malcolm Subban has a terrible glove hand, can’t handle the puck and isn’t a real prospect. A real savage review.

5. Bradzerker says:

If he’s still available @ 33 I’d love to see the Habs take Martin Frk from the Halifax Mooseheads.

Here’s what I would do if I was GM. Trade two 2nds for a 1st and nab Malcolm Subban.

• habitunts1 says:

Hardhabits I totally agree with you on trading the two 2nd round picks to Grab Subban. Would love to see him molded as a future Hab Goaltender or backup to Price soon. But also would love to see the Habs get the first round pick from Edmonton.

crid

7. HabFanSince72 says:

Greece are 15 to 1 to win today.

Shouldn’t Merkel instruct the Greek govt to use German bailout money to bet on Greece, and then instruct Germany to lose the game?

Crisis solved.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

8. rileysutherland says:

Notice no one ever drafts thugs or enforcers, and never talk about PIMs and fighting ability on draft weekend. Good take here on why that’s part of the argument to take fighting out of the game: http://thebarnstormer.com/end-of-fighting-in-the-nhl/

Habs should take Alex Galchenyuk. :)

• HabFanSince72 says:

You sound like you’ve never heard Brian Burke justify a pick with “we like his truculence”.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• savethepuck says:

What about Toronto taking Tyler Biggs in the first round last year, or does that not count because it’s Brian Burke?

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
      Carey Price