‘Funnest’ game ever for Habs’ Gallagher

Canadiens rookie Brendan Gallagher wasn’t sure if he played his best game ever in Wednesday’s thrilling 6-5 shootout win over the Bruins in Boston, but he did call it the “funnest.”

Gallagher scored once in regulation time and added the winner in the shootout.

“He shows a lot of character by going to the dirty places and competing,” Josh Gorges, who has Gallagher living at his home, told reporters after the game. “He gets hacked and he gets whacked and cross-checked and he’s still going to the front of the net.”

Gorges added that Gallagher should be the favourite to win the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year.

“I don’t know if there are many rookies who have the impact he has on our team,” Gorges said.

Canadiens coach Michel Therrien gave his players a well-deserved day off Thursday. They will practice at 11 a.m. Friday in Brossard as they prepare to face the New York Rangers Saturday at the Bell Centre (7 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN Radio 690).

After reports were swirling during the Canadiens-Bruins game that the Calgary Flames were going to trade Jarome Iginla to Boston, he ended up going to the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for a pair of forwards, Yale’s Kenneth Agostino and St. Cloud State’s Ben Hanowski, and a first-round draft pick.

(Photo by Michael Dwyer/The Associated Press)

Canadiens beat Bruins in shootout, by Pat Hickey

Habs show a lot of character, by Pat Hickey

Flames deal Iginla to Penguins, by Postmedia News

Penguins acquire Iginla from Calgary, by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Canadiens vs. Bruins photo gallery

Bruins fall to Canadiens in ugly fashion, by Boston Globe

Kick to the face, followed by kick to the gut for Bruins, by Boston.com

Bruins’ Chara carries a big stick, by Stu Cowan

Habs prospects on display at NCAA tourney, by Pat Hickey

Captain Gionta praises Habs coach Therrien, by Stu Cowan

Leafs win 45 consecutive Cups, by Pat Hickey

Pilote was heart of the ‘Hawks, by Dave Stubbs

It’s hard to stay healthy in today’s NHL, by Stu Cowan

Lightning rookie Conacher has something in common with Habs’ Gallagher, by Stu Cowan

1,374 Comments

1. RiverviewCanadien says:

Not to take anything away from Gallagher’s thread, that kid is ‘cash money’ when it comes to playing great hockey, but I posted this last night and I still feel the same…even argued over it with a fellow Habs fan co-worker this morning (the ‘C’ comment).

Last night’s game was a good one.

Tonight’s game was epic. I love when the Habs beat the Bruins.

What a rally by Les Gars…So much praise to go around tonight, Budaj was frickin’ solid. Subban should wear the C after Gionta, I am so sold on this kid. Plekanec is still the mechanic. Ryder, despite one brain fart, was solid and has such a strong shot. Galchenyuk is showing fans again why he was selected 3rd overall.

On and on you can spew accolades for so many players tonight.

Incredible team, being incredibly coached and run by an incredible management staff.

Incredibly fun team to watch.

2. Loonie says:

I think the takeaway from this Iginla deal is pretty simple for me. Good general managers don’t give no trade or no movement clauses often.

Bad ones do too often.

Dean Lombardi and the Los Angeles Kings don’t have a single player under contract with a no trade/movement clause attached to it. Zero.

Marc Bergevin has given contracts to Price, Desharnais, Pacioretty and Moen. Moen is the only one who got a NTC and it’s a modified NTC.

The Red Wings only have one NTC that isn’t modified.

The Blackhawks only have two.

The Flames had FIVE. Six prior to Iginla moving.

3. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Who is the next out of Calgary? Cammalleri back to LA?

4. frontenac1 says:

When The Habs were up 2-0, I was hoping Mike would put out DD,Gally and Gio.against the Lucic line. Just to piss him off.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

You forgot Boullion…LOL!

• Ron in Ottawa says:

I am not trying to let Price off the hook, but in the 2nd the whole team collapsed after PK’s goal. They spent the second half of the 2nd running around in their on zone, making stupid turnovers and giving up 2 on 1′s and 3 on 2′s. I don’t know if a time would have helped but the blame doesn’t lie on Price’s shoulders alone.

5. Kfourn says:

Last night had to be one of the most dominant performances I think I’ve ever seen Subban play. I like the fact that he is a Bruins killer too. The only thing that would have been nice is if he connected with the hit on Lucic.

_______________________________________________________
    Well, he’s kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace “accidentally” with “repeatedly” and replace “dog” with “son.”

“It’s sad when our rookies have no NHL experience before they jump up to the NHL.” – nunacanadien

6. cthabfan says:

This Price bashing is really getting old. He made some great saves in the second,it could have easily been 7-2 after the second if it wasn’t for him. the defense was out to lunch,he kept us in the game!!
    Halak,was nothing more than a goalie catching “lighting in the bottle”, in 2010,just like Steve Penny did for us many years ago.What has Halak done since then? a back up!
    I don’t believe any goalie could have done better in that second period,the way our d was playing.

• The Cat says:

I know theres no convincing that Price isnt elite to some, but the only reason Price hasnt been a backup more is cause Mtl wont allow it. Not saying he sucks but they dont ever yank him really unlike most goalies in the NHL when under similar circumstances. 24th best sv pct on a 1st place team isnt that great.

Gerald, sorry for not responding to you below my friend. I am still a glow this morning!

We also have two goal tenders that can really play when needed.

Tandom called the new spill, B&P=BP’s new spill into Bruins heads!!

Who said it last night:

On this site, definition of the troll is someone who sees Price for what he is. And anti-troll is he/she who believed when we were told how great Price is and there is no greater.

It was a great post. Loved it.

• The Dude says:

I believe Prime Time said it :mrgreen:

• habsfan0 says:

The truth shall set you free.

• christophor says:

It’s not about hating/loving Price. It’s about having soooo much to talk about after a game like that and yet being so obsessed with hate/love that all you can think about is Price.

That’s a sign that you follow goaltending, not hockey.

That’s what gets really old.

• habsfan0 says:

Come playoff time, hockey is ALL about goaltending.

• christophor says:

You’re dead wrong. Ask Detroit and Chris Osgood.

You SEE it that way, but you’re just a member of the goalie cult that has a large chapter in Montreal. No matter what happens, you try to reduce it to goaltending.

The game is soooo much more interesting than that.

• habsfan0 says:

I think Patrick Roy would disagree with you.
            I may be wrong,but I believe more goalies than any other position player have won the Conn Smythe Trophy.

• christophor says:

Hockey awards, commentary, and analysis often takes the easiest way, which is to blame/reward the goalie. It’s not just in Montreal but it’s really bad in Montreal.

Laziness/storytelling is why quarterbacks, pitchers, and goalies are always the talk of the town. Undeserved praise/blame.

• powdered toastmann says:

Not wanting to pile on here…(I like Price but still am a little hesitant to crown him)…anywary re Chris Osgood…it’s easy to undervalue his contribution to a truly great team, but he stood tall when required.

9. krob1000 says:

Wow I knew Gallagher was a longshot at the NHL but I had no idea he was such a longshot to make the WHL…he was a ninth round selection to the WHL….talk about resilience
    I like the “little ball of great” nickname….but waht about the “little ball of fate” ? This kid just keeps proving everyone wrong

10. ont fan says:

So basically, Iginla went for a 1st, 30 overall. Does that change the climate for future prices.

11. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Not a good day for Bruins fans…too bad. Doug Wilson must be laughing as he awaits Chiarelli’s call…me too…lol!

Doug Wilson may end up getting almost the same package Bruins offered for Iggy for Clowe now. And it still won’t address the Bruins goal scoring needs.

I would love to see a healthy Clowe play for Montreal, just not sure he is healthy and not sure that the price tag won’t be way to high.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

He might get a first rounder for someone playing the worst hockey of his career (ZERO goals)…unbelievable.

12. The Dude says:

So what Budaj did for me last night was prove that for NOW he’s a #1 goaltender and the best of the two we have”again at this moment”. Maybe Boston will trade us Lucic for Budaj . :)

13. ont fan says:

Iginla picked the Pens by 5:30 pm last night. Wonder when Boston found out?

14. HabFanSince72 says:

Louie CK has a great bit about people who use abbreviations of an obscenity in order to seem more polite – like “f- off” or “the N word”.

He points out that you’re still putting the thought of the word into people’s minds, so it’s just like saying the obscenity.

Based on this, I would like to put a thought into your minds regarding what I hope we do to the Pens if we meet them in the playoffs.

I want you to imagine a barn door slamming repeatedly against its frame in a heavy wind.

Then I want you to imagine the medical procedure that is often recommended to people over 50 to screen for colon cancer.

15. ponyboy says:

I was privileged enough to watch both world jr semi final games in Calgary last year. A fantastic day.

Gallager was the catylist in the comeback for Canada vs Russia that came up just a bit short (no pun intended). Leaving the Saddledome that day all I thought was WOW, this kid will be a Gamechanger. To see it this year, is a bonus.

I salute you Mr Timmins. Cheers!!

16. habsfan0 says:

So,when will MT announce his goaltender starter for the game vs the Rangers?
    Not that there’s much doubt as to who that will be.

What is with all the love for the Penguins all of a sudden?

18. mdp2011 says:

Finally some good news on Rene Bourque it seems. He’s been skating all week in Georgia under the supervision of the same doctor who treated Crosby. It seems like he is making progress.

Thanks for the Link, interesting development. Crosby’s work/research in this area is probably going to help a great deal of players. For some reason I think I have to now actually thank Tom Brady since his bride told Sidney about this Doctor…. Oh I am not feeling so well now…. Bripro did you see that? I said Thanks Tom Brady….

Edit: Maybe i can take that thank you back. The Dr. is Dr. Carrick, this is the guy who was working with Sid all along, not the specialist he went to see on his own out in Colorado I think. Whew, don’t have to say thanks Tom Brady afterall…. :)

• Les-Habitants says:

Yah, good to hear. The team is playing well, but we could really use Diaz, Rene and Prust back in the lineup.

So I am a huge Price fan and supporter, I do believe he can help this team win a Cup in the next few years. Having said that, i was ecstatic for Budaj and absolutely loved watching him come in the game and play so great.

That shootout performance by him, was Off the Charts!

20. Dunboyne Mike says:

Matty, the repost is half-way down the thread. Didn’t want to disrupt the ongoing celebrations!

21. Habit in the west says:

I haven’t been here for a while, but why don’t we nickname Gallagher the tasmanian devil? There is no quit with this kid and it matches. Boston can have their little ball of hate, we have the tazzie devil!

May this francise return to glory!!!

22. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

BTW I’m happy for Iginla just like I was when Bourque was traded to Colorado…nice to see such a warrior get a Cup opportunity.

Anyone that missed the game last night, missed dieing and being reborn at least a few times. It was one of those emotional rides that only come around every few years.

We played well, then great, then poorly, then down right lousy, then better, then stupid, then fantastic, and finally an epic win!

What a great year!!

Well put Ian. That was gripping entertainment, and I actually believed in the comeback the whole way. This team has something special, and we are totally in the Bruins heads! Granted there is a pile of space inside those neandrathals heads, room for plenty more actually!

• habsfan0 says:

Habs were very bi- polar last nite.
      Must have forgotten to take their pre-game meds.

24. mdp2011 says:

Looking at CapGeek and noticed Pittsburgh still has $4,162,231 in available cap space if they want to get another player, unbelievable.

25. Dunboyne Mike says:

For westerners and other watchers:

If we park the Iggy love, how good can we REALLY expect him to be in his new environment?

Is all he needs is escape from the Flames, a Cup race, and reunion with national team-mate and world’s best Crosby?

Is it automatic that he explodes and we may as well just award the Cup tomorrow?!

• Timo says:

Can’t tell Mike. In Calgary who did Iginla have to play with? Expectation was that he is the one that has to carry the team on his shoulders. Not such expectations for Pitts loaded with top talent up front and not too shabby in other areas either. They already have established leader in Crosby and pressure will be off Iginla. So, he could actually be scoring points on a consistent basis (heck, Pascal Dupuis does).

I would not award the cup just yet cause Penguins will have to get by either Ottawa or Mtl first (hopefully Budaj Mtl).

26. Rugger says:

I think Iggy is a great player, but Pens are already top in scoring. Adding Iggy and Morrow can’t really increase their goals for that much (already over 3.5/gm), there is only one puck. Does Pitt know something about Malkins status that they are not talking about?

27. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

For the amateur player followers: If the Bruins offer was really Khokhlachev, Bartkowski and conditional 1st round pick, was it better than then Pens’s offer?

• Steeltown Hab says:

Khokhlachev would be the best prospect involved in either deal, the conditional 1st doesn’t make it worth it though, although I think Iggy just chose to go to Pitt in the end.

———————————

Lars, PK, Galchenyuk, Pac, Emelin – @J_Perez22

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Agreed…it was his decision all along. Who would not want to play with Crosby?

28. Mattyleg says:

Man, I hope the Pens Schlitz the bed in the first round and are out.

I hate the idea that a team can ‘buy’ a cup, and the Pens have done it far too often (in one way or another) for my tastes.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

The trades they are making I have no issue with, it was the threatening bankruptcy/moving and then suddenly winning draft lottery I had the big issue with .

To tank for 1 year and get draft pick is okay, to have the league reward an ineptly run franchise (fiscally at that point) was Bullsh*t.

• Chuck says:

Agreed. It would probably take finishing 8th, but it sure would be sweet to be the author of their early demise in the playoffs.

___________________________________________________

• Hobie Hansen says:

There is a salary cap, you can’t buy a cup.

• Islanders take over 8th and knock out the Pens.

Toronto ends up in 7th, gets knocked out by us.

Sens beat the Bruins!

Jets Beat the Rags!

GAME ON!

Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures

• mdp2011 says:

I don’t call making trades buying a cup, I call that astute management. Buying a cup is going out throwing money at 10 free agents. Every winning team is built through astute trades and good drafting.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

I would do the same thing as Pittsburgh in this case because they will not have an opportunity like this in a while when the cap drops. They have to sign Malkin and Letang soon…good luck.

• Un Canadien errant says:

In this age of player movement, it’s unavoidable I guess. Weak sisters hold fire sales and contenders stock up. I wish we had more teams like when I was growing up, with the same players basically year after year, instead of this constant shuffling. I wish Iggy could have spent his entire career as a Flame.

The NHL is nowhere near as bad as the NFL though. I won’t be able to recognize my Chargers next season.

• Phil C says:

There is potential for chemistry issues in Pittsburgh. Adding three players that have not played the system all season comes with some risk, not to mention demoting players who were playing well. Dupuis was having a career year, now he is probably headed for the third line.

You are also adding players coming from losing teams. Calgary scratches Ignila, then wins the game. Coincidence? Maybe, or the Flames are better without him. I find many of the older players who didn’t play in Europe have been hurt more by the lockout.

Iginla and Crosby together is intriguing, but I wouldn’t plan the parade yet.

29. Sportfan says:

I’m happy for Iggy, but I wonder if it would have been better to trade him like 2-3 years ago? His value would have been even higher.

30. Garbo says:

Iginla is too a nice a guy to play for Boston. This worked out for the best.

31. Un Canadien errant says:

What a night for me. I watched the first period, PVR’d the rest of the game and went to practice, where I warned everyone not to tell me the score. They were all messing with me, I didn’t know what to expect when I got back, but from the tone was expecting good things. I got home and the second period was awful, I thought the guys got into my head, but then the comeback. I knew the guys wouldn’t have known how the game went from around 1830 hr or so (2130 hr EDST) since they had to leave home to come to practice also, so they thought they were messing with me, but I now had the last laugh. So a great ending to a great game, and a great night, tarnished by the fact that Jarome Iginla would now be a Bruin, and be even more tarnished.

So I wake up this morning and find that instead, Jarome is a Penguin. I double and triple-checked on a couple of different morning newscasts to make sure, so convinced was TSN last night that the deal with Boston was done.

Now I know he will make the Pens even more formidable, but I can handle losing to them if it comes to that. Having a clean hard-fought series against Pittsburgh is something I’d look forward to. Having to muck it out against the Goouins, however, is a lot to stomach. I can grudgingly accept that Patrice Bergeron is on that team, but seeing Jarome in black and diarrhea yellow would have been too much. So for me, this is great news.

32. twilighthours says:

So how do we all feel about Iginla? He essentially gets to be a free agent twice this year. Last night, he chose his team – “only place I’ll go is Pittsburg.”

Kinda hamstrung the Flames, no? It certainly looked like they got fleeced.

• mdp2011 says:

That is what a NTC is for, to control where you end up if you’re asked to waive it. Dumb GM’s shouldn’t be handing out No Movement or NTC to players.

I fail to understand the process. He gives a list of 4 teams to Feaster, then last minute says, oh yah I am not going to Boston….

I am glad he did this, but Feaster should have made it clear to Iggy, okay these 4 teams? I will now go make a deal and tell you where you are going.

Calgary was fleeced.

• mdp2011 says:

It was Iggy’s decision all along, he had a NTC, he chooses where he wants to play. If in the end he felt that Pittsburgh was a better fit, it shouldn’t matter to him that the Bruins offer might have been better for the Flames.

• Un Canadien errant says:

I think the way it worked out, and the way it was hinted at on the TSN panel this morning, is that the Flames felt they got equivalent offers from the Pens and Bruins, maybe another team, then went back to Iggy and let him decide where he wanted to go. He chose the Penguins. He didn’t necessarily say he wouldn’t go to Boston, they were on his list to begin with.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Did he have a no-trade? If so he could have said Pittsburgh only all along and the “list of teams” was just BS to boost Pitts’s offer. Who knows…

33. Scotty90 says:

So Pens got Iginla… a last second thing… lookes as though it was a done deal with Jarome going to Bruins!!! I am glad that didn’t happen!!

However, who sees the similarities with 2007….. last second deal, Pens get Hossa… everyone thought for sure he was coming to Montreal!!! Information leaks…someone in Pens front office privy to info he/she shouldn’t know about? hmmmmm!

• HabFanSince72 says:

The league sure loves those Pens.

• Sportfan says:

I forgot about the Hossa stuff imagine if we had got him and kept him!

• Un Canadien errant says:

I think the way it worked out is that the Flames felt they got equivalent offers from the Pens and Bruins, maybe another team, then went back to Iggy and let him decide where he wanted to go. He chose the Penguins.

The Bruins did the right thing, held out their prospects to avoid any injury that would scuttle the deal. A couple of people in their organization kind of nodded and told media types that the deal was essentially done, maybe they didn’t know the whole deal, maybe the media guys glossed over the caveat. I think the ‘surprise’ is ours, and some media members, but I suspect Peter Chiarelli and others closer to the decision weren’t, they knew the deal wasn’t done, they had a good chance but nothing was final.

34. Sportfan says:

Now how do people actually feel about the trade did Calgary get ripped off?

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

I think so but I am not an amateur scout. Have you heard anything about why Calgary did not wait any longer? After last night, I thought Boston might be more desperate. I’m curious what Boston fans are thinking…they must be thinking Boston could have made a better offer.

• Sportfan says:

Haven’t heard anything yet and not sure if we will for a while maybe it was out of risk of injury? Haha OR they really don’t care about TSN and just did the trade. They were probably making deals for a few days. He had three offers Boston pitts and probably the Kings. For the kids they got its a wait and see a friend of mine thinks Calgary is upset and Iginla shoulda picked Boston and that he screwed over the Flames but I don’t think he did.

• Loonie says:

Too early to say but Feaster saying that he “didn’t come to Calgary to be the guy who traded Jarome Iginla” tells me he’s more concerned about optics than anything else.

If I were a Flames fan, I’d be very concerned.

• Should have gotten at least a roster player with the players given and the 1st rounder.

Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures

35. habs-hampton says:

I don’t think Feaster will ever get mistaken for Sam Pollock, but Igninla has a NTC and can dictate where he goes. Feaster’s could lose him this summer or get at least something for him now. I think Iggy wanted Pitts all along, and he gave Feaster a beleivable list of teams so that Feaster could at least try to get some value for him. That Boston deal was just for leverage agianst the Pens deal.

36. Anyone see Marchand the Rat talk about his high sticking penalty and PK’s embellishment clip on TSN? Does anyone take the master actor seriously except for Booins fans? I almost vomited when looking at him and his false sincerity talk about PK embellishing. So sick of the protection that team gets from head office!

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

37. Habs_Norway says:

Great game to watch, and congratulations with the win garçons.
    Hope to see Prust back soon aswell

______________________________________
    Say no to visors and sign Emelin for 10 years

38. Scotty90 says:

How did I feel after the game?…… Hard to describe how I felt! From the 2nd period on it waqs a roller coaster of emotions. I cam close actually with 8 min left in 3rd to shut her down because I was afraid the Bruins would start to huirt our guys, what with a two goal lead! I didn’t want to see it. However I couldn’t pull myself away…. and am I ever glad I didn’t… after game was a case of jumping around the family room high-fiving with my wife!!!! then getting on Facebook and chatting with my son who was watching the game in Australia!!!! I think I am still on a high! Cheers all! oh, and thank you Habs…you guys are awesome!

• Mattyleg says:

That’s fantastic!!
      Glad you got a good buzz from it, Scotty.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• At the 8 minute mark I got angry, and moved from the big screen in my Habs cave to the little big screen in my living room up stairs. I felt uneasy until they pulled their goalie and had a 6 on 4, you could see it coming. After that I assumed they would lose in the shootout, and didn’t see Budaj standing tall and all the Bruins skating into him like they did. All of them were horrible in the shootout and Budaj shut them all down with angles.

Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures

39. nunacanadien says:

I wish we could trade Gionta, and consider Markov, although he is a great play maker on the power play and scores, watching him give the puck away and not be physical was too much. I know Markov was great after his conditioning. Too bad Therrien can’t always have Markov condition like he was hurt. The work ethic suffers when the habs watch their captain basically get creamed in the boards, at least it affects the Markovs and Moens on the team. Prust is a great addition but Prust is like Gionta in a way, too small and when he gets creamed on the boards it has a big impact. Mind you Prust at least makes up for it.

• Loonie says:

The two players who have been the common denominators for this team’s success over the last few years should be traded.

Yep, sounds about right.

• Steeltown Hab says:

Only top 9 guy we could afford to move is Desharnais really. Losing anyone else would hurt this squad a lot. (excluding Armstrong)

———————————

Lars, PK, Galchenyuk, Pac, Emelin – @J_Perez22

• Bob_Sacamano says:

I agree. I also think that moving Desharnais should definitely be considered at this point. We could make a real hockey trade involving him, a 2nd rounder and Pateryn or Ellis, instead of giving away two assets for a 0 goal guy with shoulder problems who probably won´t play 30 games for us…

40. Mattyleg says:

Thanks for your responses below, guys.

I’ll tell you how I felt: Kinda crappy.

I know, it’s strange. I think it’s because the game’s squashed down to 1 hour, so the shortcomings are glaringly obvious, and you don’t get to revel in the post-goal-glow for long enough.

Or something. I dunno.

I just couldn’t stand seeing so many goddamn effing 2-on-1s. What happened to us?! We don’t give those away. We haven’t all season, and last night it seemed like it was happening every 5 minutes.

Like I said, I’m glad we got the two points, and I was jumping up and down every time we scored, but the game left a bad taste in my mouth.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• it was very tough watching the second period collapse. Very tough. Happened a few times this year and don’t get it. MT played 5 D last night which was directly causing the collapse with a weak D. Guess he’s still learning ;)

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

• twilighthours says:

Indeed. I’m still basking in the glow but last night’s game – I think – exposed some things that have been festering for some time.

I think I mixed my metaphors there.

Basically, the D looks suspect to me.

• Phil C says:

Montreal’s strong forecheck/backcheck and puck pressure style has been covering up some deficiencies on D for sure. Whenever they get off their gameplan, the goals come in bunches. They could definitely use an upgrade, but the price will be high before the deadline, even for non-rental deals.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Matty, there were really only two serious issues last night, both isolatable and treatable:

1) Markov and Emelin completely out of it
      2) Inability to deal with the Bruins’ fantastic PK. Our PP looked pathetic (MOST but not quite all of the night).

You could perhaps also that a third issue is the suggestion of a growing pattern of dire 2nd periods.

We found a way to win.

• Mattyleg says:

Yo DM,
        Had to scamper yesterday and didn’t see your joke!
        Repost please!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Dunboyne Mike says:

All the way from Ireland, Matty:

Guy playing golf, loses the ball in the scrub. When he eventually finds it, there’s an unconscious leprechaun lying beside it. The ball had struck him on the head and knocked him out cold.

The guy feels terrible, revives the leprechaun, takes care of him, feeds him. The leprechaun is very grateful. “You’ve been so good to me. Please allow me to grant you a few wishes.”

“No, no. Not at all,” answers the guy. “It’s the least I could do in the circumstances.”

They part company. But the leprechaun decides to send a few nice goodies the guy’s way anyhow. A few months later he visits the guy to make sure he’s been receiving them.

“So how’ve you been feeling?”

“Great!” says the guy. “In fact, now that you mention it, I do believe I feel healthier than I have in years.”

“How about money?” asks the leprechaun.

“Well you know what?” answers the guy. “For the last while, any time I take money out of my account, the total just stays the same. Can’t explain it. Neither can the bank.”

“Good, good,” said the leprechaun, delighted. “And what about women?”

The guy blushes a bit before answering. “Well, yes, oh my goodness, yes. I’ve been having sex nearly once a month!”

“Once a month?!” exclaims the leprechaun. “Is that it?”

The guy answers, “Yes, but I’m a priest.”

• Phil C says:

Markov and Emelin had a tough game. The back-to-back seemed tough for Markov, and when his is off his game, Emelin gets more exposed. If it is a trend, it is a concern, but hopefully it is just one bad game for them.

41. Aside from all the jubilation from last nights win (nice to be on the right side of a collapse instead of Buffalo, Pittsburgh loses), why all the love for MT? He sat Tinordi and left Price out to dry with Markov who is exhausted and Emelin who seemed like he needed a map?
    Hey and Chris, I’m not a Price hater, just a realist. He hasn’t played lights out, stole one, rather won a game for us this year. I felt confident watching Budaj in the SO. He was square, didn’t go down and confronted the shooters making them commit. Price, not so much, especially during a shootout. Thas all!

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

• Chrisadiens says:

I hear ya. I think you’re missing out on a great year though my friend. Maybe you are just trying to guard yourself from disappointment by remaining a tad negative? This team is far from sickening.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Perhaps strange to say, but you could nearly argue that, ironically, Price stole the second period last night.

Yes, four were scored (but just look what was happening in front of him), but he made some amazing saves on other gilt-edged opportunities for the Bruins who skated away shaking their heads.

If we entered the 3rd down 5-2, 6-2 or worse, how much harder is that comeback?

• New says:

You know who they looked like last night? Like the Pens from a few years ago. Losing close, winning close. Break downs, run and guns, tight almost perfect games, wide open disasters. Or the Oilers from the early 80′s. Looking back over their shoulder at Fuhr and Moog and saying good luck we’ll be around center if you need us.

One thing they should do though is chip in and send Zed a nice fruit basket because without him they wouldn’t have had a single point let alone two. That should get him stoked.

42. Curtis O Habs says:

Hey Bergevin; Make a pitch for Martin Hanzal, wasting away in Phoenix.

43. Sportfan says:

It was fun watching Gally play his funnest game :D

44. I wish I had my interview in front of me with Stu.

Something like this.

Stu- How do youthink the playoffs will turn out Shane?

Shane- I can feel it Stu, it’s all there, I can see it. Pens with their injuries, and being knocked out in the first round, and the Bruins with their cocky attitudes towards the rest will be their down fall. Just like 1993, perfect upsets to get he Habs going.

HH- It does make the Pens better, and they look really great going down the stretch. I just gots the fever! :lol: I’m an optimist from hockey hell but at the same time know when they are doomed, but I’ll never show it, and cheer like it.

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Sholi, you were one hyper-pumped dude last night!

I’d be scrolling down through posts about Iginla and Ryan Clowe, next things there’s a Sholi post and I’m on my back frantically trying to protect my ears and face!

And that was only before and during! Don’t suppose you had your webcam on when Gally scored?…

45. Dr.Rex says:

Random Thursday thoughts.

1) Anyone else notice Seguin embellish in overtime? Claude was right, there is no place for that in the game.
    2) Anyone else think that the reporters are beginning to mock Brad Marchand’s intelligence? Clearly egging him into comments that make him look ridiculous.
    3) I haven’s been a DD hater like some but since he signed that contract I am getting a little concerned with his Houdini acts.
    4) I realize its still a wishlist but the three players that I covet the most are Clarkson, Stewart and Glencross.
    5) With regards to the beauty deflection into his own goal by Chara, would the phrase that fits that scenerio best be………Poetic Justice?

• Loonie says:

1) Yes
      2) You’re giving reporters too much credit.
      3) He’s been the same guy all season in my opinion. You have to have shown up to have disappeared.
      4) Good list
      5) The only thing that would have made Chara’s game tying goal sweeter would be if it’d happened in the playoffs.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Like the Iginla trade, I do not understand why the Habs did not wait to sign DD. If you’re going to award players in season with extension, Ryder is making a good case for one…

46. Chrisadiens says:

So where is OldSchoolHockey this morning? I’d love to hear his flip-flopping today. I recall him using the word “sickening” to describe the Habs last night. :)

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• Just logged on Chris! My wife is concerned about my heart is all!

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

• Chrisadiens says:

Are you a believer yet? This team has something going and it’s a fun ride bud.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• Kooch7800 says:

That was a crazy game last night. Some really shotty team D on our side in the second period. That one where Marcrap was standing all alone in front of our net was mind boggling. Same with the first goal…just ugly D .We need to tighten up the ship before the playoffs.

Gald we ended up on the winning side.

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Chrisadiens says:

Finding ways to win Kooch. No quit in this team. Do we need to improve? Absolutely. So does every team, except Pittsburgh and Chicago of course.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• Kooch7800 says:

I agree that they are finding ways to win which is the sign of a great character team. I just would like to see out D tightened up a bit. I felt bad for Price in the second period.

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Chrisadiens says:

I’m with ya there. D needs some improvement for sure.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

So, tears at Iginla’s press conference today?

48. habsguy says:

2 things that would have made lastnights game perfect..

PK connecting on Lucy, someones fist breaking Marchands beak !!!

49. Mattyleg says:

So I just finished watching Canadiens Express.

Watching that condensed version of the games doesn’t really give the full emotional sensation of the game.

How did people feel after it was done? Honestly, once it ended, not today after cool refelction?

Was it elation? Relief? “Oh man, whatever?”

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Revisit the liveblog and you’ll see.

There was a certain amount of ebullient but, shall we say coarse, language, reproductive instructions and the like.

Post after post!

All short! People too wired to string together more than 3-4 words!

• Loonie says:

My reaction was that this team has enough heart to do some serious damage in the playoffs and if Bergevin can find a way to fill the holes on the roster at a reasonable cost he should do it.

They earned help last night with that win.

• Cal says:

As long as the pipeline of good prospects isn’t interrupted, I am all for it. Habs need a player or 2 for the playoff run.
        We’ve described the pair we need enough here on HIO. I am optimistic that the Habs management team will do it.

• Chrisadiens says:

Never in doubt Matty.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• HabFanSince72 says:

My honest reaction was to type out a heartfelt message to Claude Julien, knowing that the likelihood of it reaching him was close to zero.

• Timo says:

I had a few words of encouragement for Patches and DD. And “about effing time” when Therrien put Budaj in nets.

• Bun E. Laroque says:

It was emotional to be sure. I whooped so loudly when they tied it up I scared my son AND my cat.

• Matty, I was watching the game on NBC with the Booins boosters and it was painful to see the four unanswered goals against the flopping Price, feet of clay Markov and Emelin who looked lost. Gorges isn’t even blocking shots like last year and I was so fed up after the fifth goal I left when my wife walked in…
      Then I heard some murmers from Booins fans and came back when it was 5-4. When Gally scored, I couldn’t believe it. How they did that, by giving up a two goal lead and then fighting back? Well, they never did that last year, but Budaj was a brick wall in the SO and Gally, missing a tooth and just having fun is a revelation. So yeah, it was a roller-coaster a good feeling, but I won’t get carried away and I’ll expect Bergevin not to deal our prospects away to face the ‘Guins since they are hugely massive for the Playoffs and how we lost 1-0 to them two days ago, I’m still shaking my head…

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

• shiram says:

After Gally’s shootout goal I jumped up and was giving Rask the finger, and then Rask went to hit his stick on the boards and fell over, I started laughing! Even better was Chara looking scared at Rask’s anger.

50. Loonie says:

Not saying it “should” be done. But here’s Ryan Whitney’s offensive production under Therrien in Pittsburgh….

GP G A P PIM +/-
    2005-06 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 68 6 32 38 85 -7
    2006-07 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 81 14 45 59 77 9
    2007-08 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 76 12 28 40 45 -2
    2008-09 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 28 2 11 13 16 -15

51. frontenac1 says:

Hey Ian. Good luck to your Belleville Bulls Amigo! The Barrie Colts finally put the Frontenacs out of their pathetic annual misery last night.

So, Budaj is our 2013 Halak? Let’s ride that puppy for a while. Oh, and let’s sit Desharnais.

If Therrien’s meritocracy is to have any merit at all, Little Davie has got to go in the press box. Patches too. These two suck big time.

I do have however give props to Michael Therrien for going with Budaj in the third. I would have done it sooner while Price was getting lit up like a xmas tree but it was a good move. Let’s stick with Budaj for a few games, shall we?

53. CalgaryHab says:

Marchand’s comments about PK’s embelishment on the high stick call makes me want to reach throught the screen and strangle that rat faced puke. He’s got the IQ of roadkill.

54. Habfan10912 says:

Another Coyote buyer out there? Enough! Move the team.

Edit – Sorry Burly. Didn’t see your post. Two minutes for me.

55. Adidess says:

Can somebody confirm this is Easter Thursday ahead of a 4-day week-end, we won last night in Boston after that nightmarish second period, and the goons missed out on Iginla?

One of these things would have been pleasant enough. I’m afraid I might be tricking myself into too much delusory happiness. You know, ‘like Chara really scored into his own net to with 8 seconds to go to put us in position to win’ or some improbable s***t like that :-)

56. shiram says:

Time for people to stop ragging on Budaj?

• Lafleurguy says:

The Budaj Wall proved himself at the end of last season when the Price Curtain was disabled by a concussion sustained in practice and was done for the season.

“May you live in interesting times.”

57. WindsorHab-10 says:

Any news on Prust & Bourque?

58. At first I added the Bruins to my list of teams I could help win the cup, then I watched them play and told my agent that no way I am moving to Boston!
    J Iginla on last night’s decision.

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

59. HabFanSince72 says:

From Hockey’s Future, both of those prospects are ranked 7.0 for talent and C for likelihood of success.

For comparison, two Habs prospect ranked 7C are Morgan Ellis and Patrick Holland.

Flames got hosed badly.

• Loonie says:

Ranked by people who have seem them play as much as you have.

• Phil C says:

Three assets for a rental is still not bad, especially if Iginla signs back in Calgary after a quick first round exit in Pittsburgh.

• Habitforming says:

According to reports Feaster presented to Jerome that he had deals on the table to agree to and Iggy picked the Pens to play with. Hard to cast any blame on the GM for a deal when he let the player pick the team. In reality, since Iggy listed 3-4 teams he would accept, I would have picked the best deal and sent him packing without the final say. Isn’t that the reason he picked the list in the first place?

60. Mavid says:

Ottawa homers sniviling about the delay of game call last night..guess if it was them they would think it was OK..or maybe their still mad they let Lurch go…

61. Loonie says:

Ryan Whitney’s available, history with Therrien.

So what package are you willing to give up for him?

I’ll say our 3rd round pick and Mac Bennett or Magnus Nygren.

62. Lafleurguy says:

21 posts in 25 minutes, c’mon fans, show a little enthusiasm will ya’?

“May you live in interesting times.”

63. habs-fan-84 says:

Gallagher’s rookie year so far, reminds me of Koivu’s rookie year…I can’t be the only one.

64. JUST ME says:

Still trying to find ONE word to sum it up but just can`t . I guess that is what made it most interresting. We saw brilliance but we also saw some ugly performances on both sides and from many players also.

Just cannot beat a game between these two. As much as the rivalry MTL-TOR dates from so many years it just does not get to that level of intensity and feelings of all sorts.

65. Grumpyoldhab says:

Any good quotes from Claude Blusterpuss ?

• Habfan10912 says:

If I had even one ounce of compassion for ANYTHING Boston I’d feel bad for them but you know what? I have not an ounce of compassion for that bunch. I love it!

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Are you registered there Burly?
      I clicked the link but got the ‘register today’ page.
      (Maybe they know I copied/pasted stuff from their blog last night!)

66. adamkennelly says:

as a grown man – I’m not posed to have “favorite” anythings anymore…but Gallagher is my FAVORITE Habs player…I may have to get a jersey.

67. WindsorHab-10 says:

How about PK Subban, over 30 minutes of ice time. Way to go PK, the sky is the limit.

68. Habitforming says:

Markov was brutal last night and his -3 could have been a -7 if not for some key saves on breakaways, and 2 on 1′s ,that he was either too slow to catch up on or unable to block the pass and give the goalie the shooter.

Hard to watch and think of the playoffs with Markov.

• Habfan10912 says:

MT’s fault. He managed the D ice time as poorly as a coach can manage it. Emelin and Markov were both running on empty tanks and it was all on MT.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

I agree. I wouldn’t be lowering the lifeboats from our Russian D ship just yet.

There need to be ways to reduce Markov’s time. One of them could be playing Cube more. Physical, gets the job done, and his passes are better than he gets credit for.

Tinordi must be wondering why the coach hasn’t enough confidence in him yet. The coach is probably right. But last night there were times when it looked like a green rookie should have been on ice giving a breather to a spent vet.

The consensus builds – Calgary got fleeced. Which means that indirectly, so did all the other contending teams in the East.

70. habs-fan-84 says:

Honestly, as long as Ryder isn’t looking for an astronomical amount this summer, I can’t think of a good reason why MB should let him walk. I have no doubt one of Chiarelli’s biggest regrets is letting him walk. Boston could could use him right now.

I never wanted to see Ryder leave in the first place, so I’m thrilled he’s back and playing at a PPG pace.

30 goal sniper’s like Ryder don’t grow on trees and I think the Habs will and should make an effort to re-sign him. Ryder and Pleks can be a great combo for a few more years as some of the “kids” mature.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

I remember liking him when he started with Montreal, and wanted to see the Newfie do well. But his indifferent season before the trade made me wonder about things like motivation etc (but perhaps it had more to do with coach/management?).

So I wasn’t overexcited when he was what we got for Cole. But I sure am coming round now (HORRENDOUS giveaway notwithstanding!).

• 24 Cups says:

84 – This is Ryder’s last kick at the UFA can. He has just put two good years together. The lockout is a faint memory these days and he’s one of the better UFAs who is under the age of 35. It’s going to take four years at 4.5/5M to sign this guy. Maybe the team can get a low level pick for his rights in late June.

We also have to remember that everyone on this site went gaga over the Cole signing (which would be very similar to this one). Eighteen months later the guy gets run out of town. Peak years for NHL scorers are I n the age range of 25-30, not 33-37. I’ll wait it out for Collberg and Kristo with a one year short term UGA gap filler.

• habs-fan-84 says:

24 – I hear ya and you make a good point about his last kick at the can and his desire to probably cash in…that said, I’d be inclined to take that deal (4.5 – 5m @4 yrs.), absolutely nothing over 5 though…but that’s why I’m not the GM.

• HardHabits says:

Ryder sparked the famous 5-0 comeback game against the Rangers. Ryder should remain a Hab after the summer. That was a great trade getting him back. Cole who?

A few quick thoughts on the Habs.

- The attitudinal difference in this team between this time last year and now is more significant than any new player. Maintaining that core element of the team will be the most important factor during the next few years.

- Subban is quickly approaching Letang/Karlsson territory. He will probably be there by the end of this season. Only his THIRD campaign in the NHL.

- MB likes to re-sign players during the year. Looks like Budaj should be next. Fits the back-up role perfectly yet brings 8 years of NHL experience. His Hab record of 10/8/6/2.51/.910 includes all those games from last year when he played on a last place team. A one year contract should be fine based on the same coin. Tokarski becomes the emergency insurance policy.

- I think the Habs should check-out trading for Jagr. First of all, you’re dealing with Nieuwendyk as GM. Secondly, it gives the team a Plan B just in case Bourque can’t make it back this year. If he can, then Galchenyuk becomes a sub. Lastly, the team has the one year cap space to re-sign Jagr for 2013-14 if all goes well. He would fill the Ryder hole in the line-up until some of the kids are ready for prime time. I can’t see the cost being too high. (BTW, Ryane Clowe hasn’t scored a goal in over a year. Something must be up with this guy)

- If Diaz is done for the year, then management has to decide what it wants to do in terms of replacing him. Kaberle is persona non grata and Tinordi doesn’t fit the profile and lacks experience. It’s a short term problem but it is slowly going to impact the team’s post season chances.

• shiram says:

Heard rumours Jagr is looking for another deal, hoping for 2 years.
      He would fit in as a rental, but for another 2 years?
      We’ll have to see.

• Lafleurguy says:

May I state Steve, I noted 2 Morrow’s to your post/story on the last thread? Keen observation that Nieuwendyk blew it by giving up Ryder so cheaply too far from the trade deadline, but of course we’re not going to complain.

“May you live in interesting times.”

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Great analysis.
      What do you know about Kaberle “persona non grata”? Thought the consensus was that he’s playing a great deal better than last year and that keeping him off the ice is just to keep him injury-free. Is there more?
      Loonie suggesting Keith Yandle, previous thread. I don’t know if he thinks we have a chance of getting him or not, but looks like a good solution if Diaz can’t return.

I know MB has to wait til it’s conclusive, but my gut feeling is neither Bourque nor Diaz make it back. Players, doctors and teams know so much more about brain injury than even 2-3 years ago. Whereas before everyone was cavalier, now everyone’s cautious (and ought to be).

• 24 Cups says:

All I know about Kaberle are the same rum ours that everyone else is hearing about.

I’m no Kaberle backer as I’ve been all over this guy even when he was playing for the laffs. However, all logic dictates that he should take Diaz’s place in the line-up, at least until he proves otherwise.

Right now, it appears his future cap space of 4.2M for next year is more important than the present day Hab PP.

• Loonie says:

I think we’ll have Ryan Whitney on the roster shortly Steve.

• 24 Cups says:

Whitney and Clowe have played like crap all year. They better come dirt cheap. Something along the lines of Weber, Ellis or Dallas’ 3rd rounder.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Two Q’s about Whitney:

1) Why did the Pens trade him for Visnovsky?
          2) In the middle of a crap year, how much weight can you give to “change-of-scenery| optimism, with Whitney or anyone?

• The Juice says:

Yes to Budaj, no to Jagr…disappears in the playoffs…

__________________________________________________________________________

“To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high!”

72. SKHab says:

First, like my Canadiens!

73. Mattyleg says:

No, you’re wrong about that.

The Bruins are not in a separate league from us.
    They are totally beatable. We need to adjust things, but you know what? They need to adjust things too because we beat them last night. And the time before that.

And as for the Penguins, we are as good as they are. Now with Iggy in the mix, it’ll be interesting, but I still see us being in league with them, and being able to take them.

We could beat either of those teams in a playoff series.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

74. Dunboyne Mike says:

But Persp,
    Last night we beat those “champions” with three key (and two big) players out, and with one D pairing playing Pee-Wee!
    We beat them without even firing on all cylinders. Doesn’t that count for something?

Actually I found officiating rather decent last night. Habs got their share of powerplays. It’s the PP that stunk, especially when Paccioratty’s line is one the ice. God they were horrible. Imaging if Gallagher had different linemates?

76. Dunboyne Mike says:

Agreed, Timo, although the aroma from the PP has to be in part due to the Bruins’ excellent PK. I love that aggressive style of killing penalties.

77. bel33 says:

Like Chuck and Larry?

Like even Carey Price’s momma. Anyone can do better than these 2.

79. Mattyleg says:

Well go ahead and see the glass half-empty if you insist.

Pessimists call themselves ‘realists’ because it makes them feel better about themselves. Optimists are happy to admit what they are.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

80. ont fan says:

We are in a different place than 2006 and 2010. We have virtually no one in Hamilton. You can’t start over. Heck, everyone wants a different backup. I like Budaj. I think he should start more. Trading price is ludicrus. I also think the defense tightens up for Budaj.

I thought it was a beauty. I don’t have way with words so I appreciate when someone does.

82. kirbhabs says:

Dude, if you can not see how impressive it is to add Malkin, Murray, Morrow and Inginla to a team that is 13-0 and then to add the Norris Trophy winner in the 1st round…. not sure what to say

83. NL Hab says:

I agree with your assessment of the Habs. They are playing a great team game and everyone is buying in. It will only get better once we get Prust, Diaz and Bourque back in the fold.

But, Lets be honest here. The Pens were probably the best team on paper before the addition of these 3 guys. They are with out a doubt now the Cup favorites. Those 3 additions are 3 huge moves by Shero. Before they landed Iginla, Morrow is a solid player who is made for the playoffs, same with Murray as that Shutdown D-Man. Now with Iginla, they are certainly expected to win. We will have to see how the team chemistry responds with all of these leaders on the one team.

Also, Iginla has made his money already in his career and now all he wants is Cups. If the Pens win this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if they sign Iggy to a 3 year, $3-5M salary. I think he would take a paycut just to win some cups.

Et Le But

84. Mattyleg says:

There’s no guarantee that rentals will work within the team.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

85. Mattyleg says:

The Senators are a dead team on paper.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

86. kirbhabs says:

Ummm, Morrow, Inginla both have history with crosby on the international stage…. and Murray is a third D pairing. I think they will fit in just fine

87. NL Hab says:

They won’t know if they don’t try.

Et Le But

88. NL Hab says:

The Sens are playing a very similar game as the Habs. Great team effort and everyone buying into a system. However, I think I would take Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, Neal, Morrow over Ottawa’s top 5.

Et Le But

89. ABHabsfan says:

What did Ward say? I missed it

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
    Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

90. Bill says:

When you have no accountability, you can say whatever you want. Aaron Ward will not soon live this down though.

Full Breezer 4 Life

91. otter649 says:

Damien Cox tweeted something alot worse than someone missing a trade confirmation so Mr Ward will be all right along with a few on this board who said Iglina to Boston went through. Cox survived his mistake (tweeting Pat Burns had died) & Bob McKenzie tweeted he is still alive after receiving a phone call from a very alive Mr Burns…..

92. Bill says:

That tweet by Cox didn’t damage his credibility because he had none to begin with, but point taken. Ward’s media friends will never mention it again, for sure!

Full Breezer 4 Life

Why does that sound like you will be cheering for Toronto goalies? Oh yah, because it does.

What, Carey Price is not on that list? I am shocked :)

95. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

They will find a way. What will be interesting is if Fleury does not play well again in the playoffs. Maybe will be dealt like Stall at the draft last year?

96. habstrinifan says:

Hmmmm see my post above… mabe showcasing him??? I dont like ‘showcasing term. I dont believe it but…
    If both Weber and Tinordi play then it’s very likely showcasing.

Commandent posted that Tinordi and Dumont sent back to Hamilton.

98. Phil C says:

Murray will not help them in the scoring department. I think they got him to get though a series with Boston. Gives them some toughness and sandpaper. I’m not sure he helps much in a series against a team like Montreal.

99. habstrinifan says:

WOW! My bad! This complicates things a lot eh. Now we really need some ‘fixing’ moves.