Friendly faceoff at EA Sports NHL 14 launch

PK and Parros

(Photo: Dario Ayala, The Gazette)

Dozens of gamers showed up at a Montreal night club Monday evening for the launch of EA Sports NHL 14 and a chance to meet P.K. Subban and George Parros.

Subban and Parros sampled the new video game, the latest installment in the popular franchise, battling head to head in a Habs vs. Habs contest. Subban had the upper hand, beating Parros 2-1.

“I’d like not to talk about that,” Parros cracked.

The 6-foot-5 forward acquired by the Canadiens this summer from the Florida Panthers said he’s enjoying Montreal and has received a really warm welcome. Not surprisingly, he isn’t flying under the radar in hockey-mad Montreal.

“Lots of pictures in grocery stores and stuff,” Parros said.

Subban, who trains in the off-season with Clance Laylor in Toronto, said he’s going into the Canadiens’ training camp the same weight as last year, although probably leaner.

“I’m always in between 218, 220 (pounds),” he said.

Subban’s training regime included several twice-a-day workouts and a 21-day no-carb diet.

“I usually train Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday twice, and then once Thursday, once Friday and I skate Sunday nights and that’s it. So it’s usually about 10 times a week,” Subban said.

“I’ve worked hard this summer. I feel good. That’s the most important thing. As long as I feel good and I feel comfortable and confident, then everything else should take care of itself,” he said.

The Canadiens’ training camp kicks off with physical tests and medicals on Wednesday. The first on-ice sessions will be Thursday with a Group A practice from 10-10:45 a.m., followed at 11 a.m. with a game between Group A and Group B. Group B will then practise from 12:15 until 12:50 p.m. The same schedule is set for Friday, but with Group B practising at 10 a.m. and Group A at 12:15.

On Saturday, the Canadiens will play an informal Red vs. White scrimmage at the Bell Centre, starting at 1 p.m. Tickets cost $5 (taxes included) and are available at canadiens.com and evenko.ca, or through the Bell Centre’s ticket office. Each ticketholder will receive a free hot dog, a bag of chips and a soft drink. Proceeds from the game will be donated to the Fonds Avenir Lac-Mégantic.

The Canadiens will play their first exhibition games at the Bell Centre Sunday night against Buffalo and Monday against Boston. You can see the preseason schedule by clicking here.

Subban lean and mean heading into camp, by Brenda Branswell

Train Like a Pro videos, Canadiens.com

Habs invite Crisp to main training camp, by Pat Hickey

NHL training camps set to begin, montrealgazette.com

NHL 14′s Top 10 Players, NHLPA.com

Goddamnit! The season is yet to start but Markov already suffered a setback.

I bet Mavid is sitting by her computer awaiting photos from the physicals.

3. Sportfan says:

Hey guys here’s my part 2 about the Jays coming to Montreal, check it out! The photo is pretty cool, but very sad.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

Suggestion for Poll question:
    Whose Avatar is better, slyCH or Maksimir

I think I would just vote for both!

Is Parros going to be ready for the start of the season. Would be nice to set the tone straight out of the gate by beating the shit out of Mike Brown and Colton Orr.

6. shiram says:

I’m all for giving young guys a chance to perform, and Thomas seems like the kind of guy that would benefit from such a chance, but looking at his AHL stats, he does not jump out as an offensive beast.
    It helps that he plays right-wing, where the Habs are short on talented players, but he probably needs more AHL seasoning.

On Kadri, it seems it’s 2 years a 2.9 millions each. Thats interesting, I remember a sticking point of PK’s deal was that the second year had a much bigger salary, insuring his next deal could not be lower than that said salary. No such thing for Kadri.

• Luke says:

His AHL Stats: 73gp 19g 16a 35pts as a rookie I think are pretty solid. They would have led the Bulldogs last year. (Not saying much, though. I was 7th in team scoring).
      Outscoring both Holland and Bournival who both played 69 games.

Top scorer was Dumont with 16g and 31pts in 55gp. (Beaulieu w/ 7g & 31pts in 67gp).

So basically, what I am saying is that Hamilton sucked last year.

• shiram says:

All I’m saying his 35 points in the AHL is usually not something that translates well to the NHL, the kid most likely still needs time, though he could surprise like Gallagher did last season.

I’m hoping for a bounce back year from Holland. Well the whole Bulldogs team actually.

• Luke says:

With so many 1st year pros on that team. I would expect a better season as well.
          AHL seems to be a league where teams with a lot of older players have success. This is where a guy like Martin St Pierre will help.

• SlovakHab says:

Don’t worry, Rangers fans already slotted Kristo in the lineup, and he is supposed to be one of their top prospects. 23 years old, 3 assists in 9 AHL games.
      Thomas is still 21, he can spend a couple of years in AHL and will still be a young player.

But yes, Hamilton can definitely use some scoring this year. Good news that this young player performs all right in the camp. If he gets a taste of NHL this season, even better for him

Of course, for the time being, this team is all about Price, Subban, Eller, Gallys, Marky, Plekanec, Pacioretty…

• Strummer says:

The Thomas-Kristo deal is still a head-scratcher.

______________________________________________________
        “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

• shiram says:

I’m pretty sure Kristo just did not want to play here, and made it clear to Bergevin.
          In those situations it’s tough to get fair value.

• Hstands4Hockey says:

It’s a bit odd in the sense that they traded for an even smaller guy, but the reality is that Kristo was dead set on playing in the NHL this year and knew he could n;t crack Montreal. He wasn’t going to sign and MB got what he could.

——————————————————————–
          Rule #76: No Excuses, Play Like a Champion!
          @Hstands4Hockey

• Maritime Ron says:

Habs gave Subban a very nice perk because of the lockout.
      Players are only paid during the season.

Playing 48 games instead of 82 would have given PK only 58.5% of his salary last season. (48 divided by 82)- actually a bit less because he missed the first few games of the season

Subban salary last season: $2M and ths year $3.75M

7. Luke says:

I eagerly await the results of Doug Murray’s VO2 Max test.

8. Psycho29 says:

Bob McKenzie on #TSN690: Christian Thomas has impressed #Habs mgmt and has a chance to make the team out of main camp.

• Maksimir says:

I can’t see who’s place he would take? Gallagher’s? Moen? White?

• SSFN says:

I thought we were suppose to be getting bigger. Thomas 162 lbs guess that cancels out the size thing!!

• Maksimir says:

Well – if he replaces Gallagher its 1 for 1 size wise I guess, though I think Thomas is even a little smaller.

• Psycho29 says:

Why would he replace Gallagher? I don’t think Gallagher will be going anywhere.
          The team has gotten bigger; but also slower (see Parros and Murray). So I have no problem throwing a couple of fast guys into the mix.

• Maksimir says:

Yeah but if Thomas comes in, then he is 4th line? You take out Moen or Parros, and keep White as centre.

• Bill says:

Ha, if the Habs add another little guy to the line-up this place will explode.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• habstrinifan says:

WOW! Bob McKenzie doesn’t normally hype stuff so there must be some truth.

• Luke says:

True enough.

I haven’t watched CT play. But from what people have posted about him, and looking at his production in Junior and the A, he certainly has talent. No one questions his work ethic, attitude or commitment.

As you say, if Bob is commenting directly about him, it is something worth keeping an eye on.

My (uneducated) thought: Hamilton w/ a spot at the front of call-up queue.
        I’ll also predict he’s Hamilton’s top forward this season. Hoevering around (but just shy of) a point per game.

• jackbutt says:

McKenzie doesn’t know squat outside the Laffs.

• Bripro says:

Speaking as a vertically-challenged individual, I take exception to the “small” comments.
      Fine, so a guy like Parros can probably push me around.
      A guy like Lucic can have his way tossing me left and right.
      A guy…. well, you get the idea.
      But if I’m a pro player, and I’m good looking and making money and I’ve got heart and brains, that should count for something.
      OK, so it falls under the category of “Weak counter-argument”, but it’s been like that so far.
      Wait until I grow up, I’ll show them.
      So will DD and Gallagher and Gionta and Briere and Thomas and….

• Stevie.Ray says:

There ain’t a lot of room in the big leagues for him, but if he indeed earns himself a spot, I’m all for it.

• Forum Dog says:

I usually like Bobo’s analysis and commentary, but this doesn’t make any sense other than as a throw-away statement. Thomas may indeed have impressed Habs management, but the big camp hasn’t even started yet. What could he have done to impress other than show up in shape? And impress to the point that he has a chance to make the team out of camp? I guess anyone invited to the main camp has a chance to make it, but this sounds like twitter chaff to me…

I think Thomas has the potential to be NHLer, but we’ll see where he’s at when camp gets going and he goes up against the Subbans, Markovs, Prusts, Ellers, Moens, Murrays, Plekanecs and Paciorretys of the world.

9. Maksimir says:

KADRI SIGNS:

I must admit I always thought he has a lot of skill, and when he was in Burke/Wilson’s dog house, I thought Gauthier should have made a play for him.

However watching him play last season against the Habs I noted a high level of ‘punk’ attitude, especially mouthing off to Eller. This season Eller is bigger/stronger and I hope a hair meaner. When Kadri comes along I hope Larry puts him on his ass. And with Parros riding shotgun, Orr & McLaren will already have their hands full.

• Luke says:

Kadri’s “high level of ‘punk’ attitude” that you are seeing is the same “high level of ‘punk’ attitude” that fans of other teams see in PK Subban… and Brad Marchand and others around the league.

I suppose you can say it like this: It’s good when you don’t like another team’s players.

• Maksimir says:

True enough…

And I’d rather have him than DD… not that I don’t like DD, just think Kadri has more talent.

• jedimyrmidon says:

Disagree.

Marchand is probably among the sleaziest and dirtiest players in the league. Kadri comes off like a wannabee whiny kid who thinks he can go running around and boarding people because Orr and McLaren are on his team.

Subban chirps and has a loud mouth, which actually fits in with his off-ice highly exuberant personality, but he isn’t a dirty player so any ‘punkish-ness’ on his part is purely verbal. Oh, and he can back up whatever he says with his play.

10. Psycho29 says:

Dave Stubbs ‏ @Dave_Stubbs 58m

What a business: Ted Bird has been let go by TSN 690 radio. Best wishes to a friend and a consummate, creative pro

11. rhino514 says:

I endorse the new management as well. However, I would trade all of these summer´s signings for another Prust´like signing in a jiffy.
    I can see where the GM is coming from with Parros and Murray, and it makes sense only in te context of nothing else out there of interest being available. However I wish they would have been able to “convince” another heart and soul guy like Prust to sign.
    The Briere signing to me only makes sense if there was something terribly wrong with Kristo that we don´t know, and will never know, anything about. I am curious to see what kind of a career Kristo will have, and if he makes the rangers out of camp this year and has an impact.

• Maritime Ronn says:

I didn’t see any ‘Prust like’ UFAs available.
      Did I miss one?

And thank god we didn’t get in to the 29 year old David Clarkson idiot sweepstakes that now binds the Leafs for 7 years and $36.750M meaning a Cap Hit of $5.250M/year.

He had 1 good year 2 years ago and last year was on track for 25 goals/41 points playing with some excellent line mates in Patrik Elias and Travis Zajak.

He was also given the 2nd most PP minutes for all Devils forwards and surely either Kessel or Lupul won’t like to be pushed off the 1st Unit PP.
      Smells like trouble brewing….

• Eddie says:

Rangers management have declared publicly that they see Kristo making the team right out of the gate. I think Kristo will produce for them. But it’s likely Kristo wanted to stay in the States. That’s the way it looks any way.

• rhino514 says:

Seems to me they could have gotten more for him. He is a blue chip prospect. Thomas has good genes, but is small, and I would say is a decent B prospect, not an A prospect like Kristo.
        A guy like Kristo, you either play him or trade him for what he is worth. Don´t feel like that happened in this case.
        You are right about Clarkson; it makes the Briere signing seem not as scary.

• Phil C says:

I wonder if the Canadiens agreed to trade him in exchange for signing his ELC, so that they could get something for him rather than letting him walk in August as a FA.

• Maritime Ron says:

Very logical and possibly quite right
            Remember his buddy’s tweet about “something big” for Dany during draft weekend?

I think that is exactly what happened Phil. Obviously we may never know the true story, but I suspect like you that MB actually managed to make something out of a kid who very easily could have avoided signing and gone complete UFA.

• JF says:

Not sure he’s a blue chip prospect. His history suggests he could well have character or attitude problems.

12. PrimeTime says:

A link for those who can laugh at themselves. Recognize a young Boone in pic 2? Many character descriptions are bang to some HIO Members!!

13. Maritime Ronn says:

Good Morning morning crew

As was the case last year with GM Bergevin/Subban, the other NHL GM’s should be sending a few bottles of Cristal to GM Nonis for getting Kadri done for 2 years/$2.9M per year.

Why is this important for the Habs?
    In the summer of 2015, Habs management will be faced with a slew of first time, most likely high profile/high performing RFAs such as Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi, and Beaulieu.

These ‘tough stance-hold your ground’ moves by both Bergevin and Nonis help to erase some of the more ridiculous, ugly, trend setting contracts of the past – one being when GM Regier in Buffalo gave Dman Tyler Myers a 7 year/$38.5M contract after only 2 years of his ELC.

As for Habs PK, he falls into the category of RFA with Arbitration Rights – very different than an RFA with no Arbitration Rights.

Not to worry.
    GMMB will get it done, and the pending Alex Pietrangelo contract should set the tone.
    PK will receive in the ballpark of 8 years/$60M-$64M.

• Habfan17 says:

Hey MR,

You are right. Pierre McGuire was on the team 1200 here in Ottawa yesterday and when asked about Nonis and Kadri he said that Nonis was doing the right thing and he would do the same. Then McGuire said that Bergevin was wrong and he would have signed Subban long term right away. Just goes to show, I am very glad that McGuire did not get the GM job in Montreal. Myers is a perfect example of what can go wrong. No one thought it he would regress the way he has.

MB may give PK more on this contract, but that is better than having signed him long term, PK not maturing or getting better, and then having a contract you can’t trade. Guys like McGuire focus too much on the wrong thing. These kids will not be hurting for money ever, unless they blow it. If they blow it, they would do the same no matter what job they have.

MB will have some challenges moving forward with players coming out of entry level contracts,however, it seems he has the respect and trust of the players and he speaks directly with them to let them know what the plan is and where they fit in. I have faith he will get things done

Habfan17

• Maritime Ronn says:

Morning 17

McGuire?
        What’s a McGuire?
        :-)

There is a reason(s) why no other NHL team ever hired Mr. Cliché after scouting in Ottawa in the mid 1990s and his monster disaster in Hartford just prior to that.

Bergevin was absolutely right last year for so many reasons.
        Had we signed PK to a five year deal last season, he would have become a completely free UFA in summer 2017 at the age of 28.

Now, and hopefully, the Habs can sign him to max 8 year extension that would bring him to the age of 33. Perfect.

The money argument doesn’t hold much water.
        One small example is that the Habs would be in cap trouble this year if PK was paid $5M.
        Down the road while the Cap increases year after year, the pending PK deal will look like a bargain…of course as long as he continues to progress and perform.

• Habfan17 says:

All great points! I like to listen to, “who is Pierre McGuire” sometimes to hear him put his foot in his mouth!

Further to your point, I would think MB mentioned all those points when he met personnaly with PK and his parents. He seems to be forthright with the players. There does have to be some give and take from both sides with the big picture in mind. Do you want to make as much as possible or do you want to play for a team that has a chance to win every season?

Habfan17

14. lakechamplain says:

So it begins, with the usual ridiculously high hopes that our fans live and obsess with. My hopes for this season:
    HIO regular posters don’t just keep posting every 15 minutes to show themselves how cool and ‘knowledgable’ they are.
    That a management who did such a great job handling the two ‘kids’ last year has the temerity to do it again with some of the younger players, especially on the offensive side.
    That Carey Price can be the pride of the Canadiens.
    That more of our forwards can put the biscuit in the basket.
    That posters on here don’t act like sharks in a feeding frenzy when a player has a bad game or stretch. Really, it’s been kinda sad this week over the Diaz ‘debate’.
    That we understand it’s unlikely the Habs will compete for the Cup this year but that the team’s improvement keeps fueling our hopes for a championship team that plays the greatest game in the world the way we want to see it played.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Re Management

This group will not be bullied by a frenzied media or fan base.
      This is a very solid group of 4-5 that have decades of playing and management experience and their 2-4 year plan is evident.
      They will not sacrifice the future for some ill advised short term panic move.

Ex: Look at last year’s trade deadline.
      Many were howling for a Dman.
      As they had done before, some of our ex lone wolf GMs would have sacrificed 2/Second Round Draft picks for a Douglas Murray as did Pittsburgh.

That type of move would have changed nothing…and trading that pick would not have allowed the Habs to choose either Zack Fucale, Jacob De La Rose, or Artturi Lehkonen last summer, and the Habs would be left with no 2nd Round pick next summer.

Instead, the Habs picked up Murray for free as a UFA, and did not have to sacrifice any players or picks.

• Cal says:

No high hopes over here. I see a 10th to 12th place team. Hopefully, they surprise me come February.

• Maritime Ronn says:

hi Cal

10th to 12th means that 9-11 teams in the Eastern Conference will be ahead of the Habs.

Besides Pittsburgh in the other Division, who are those 9-11 teams, then who are the 3 teams in the Atlantic Division that will finish 1-2-3 ahead of the Habs guaranteeing them a playoff spot?

Every team in the Habs Division has big question marks including Boston.

• John Q Public says:

“9-11 teams” on 9-11, Freudian slip ?

We’ll make the playoffs, it’s whether we do something after that.
          MB comments at the golf tourney do not encourage me.
          Unless he’s he’s playing it down so as there are less expectations.
          Let the games begin.

• Maritime Ron says:

MB is a smart guy and knows his every single word will be studied and dissected for weeks

Or would the preference be a Brian Burke?

Sep 09 2009

“But we have higher expectations for this group. It’s not the same group. We’ve made some changes. It’s our goal … to make the playoffs.”

“(Mikhail) Grabovski and (Matt) Stajan are top-six forwards,” Burke said yesterday.

Leafs finish 29th
            Leafs GAA 29th
            Leafs Penalty Kill 30th
            Leafs Power Play 30th
            ————————–

Oct 04 2010
            Headline:Burke expects Leafs to make playoffs

” It’s our goal and our intention to participate in the playoffs.”

“We certainly feel it’s a more competitive group, a better defensive group, better depth in net. We’re excited and ready to go,” said Burke.

Let’s look all of Burke’s “Betters”

Leafs finished 22nd
            Leafs GAA was 25th
            Leafs Penalty Kill was 28th
            Leafs Power Play was 25th

• Cal says:

In no particular order, but ahead of the Habs this season:
          Pitts, Bos, NY Rangers, Detroit, Ottawa, Phil, Carolina, Toronto (ick!), Washington. For 12th, Buffalo and the Islanders have to step up.

• Maritime Ron says:

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, Cal.

Injuries and other junk will play a big part, but if Carey can be Top 15 in SP, the Habs will be Top 3 in the Division.

According to your picks, the Habs will finish at best 5th in the Division, and if Buffalo “steps up” then 6th? (Buffalo will finish Bottom 5-7 in the entire NHL this year)

Are you saying the Habs are only better than Tampa and Florida in our Division?

• John Q Public says:

Phooey!
            You see I’m blinded by Love for the Habs.
            The only thing I have faith in!
            Rating our enemies higher than us is sacrilege, no matter if’s true or not.

15. ATTENTION HIO MEMBERS

This message does not pertain to you. However to the member from Poughkeepsie NY who continues to send me disturbing messages, I am not afraid of you. Remember last summer when another member and I tracked you down and had the campus police escort you off the site? I have everything to send your butt to jail for a couple years. I was being nice and didn’t see the need to send a mentally challenged adult to prison for something this minor, however I’m having a bad night and believe you me, I will personally drive to Poughkeepsie, and have you thrown in jail.

Do you want that? You have been thrown out of every single establishment that has free internet so I imagine you are sitting in a parking lot somewhere all by yourself creating email address’ and sending them off to good people. But here’s the deal, I see everything. Technology in 2013 can track you down to the nearest chair, and when they walk into that room and look around we all know what you look like.

Two months ago a member here from California decided to take me on while he was watching his son play ball from their local ball park with free WiFi, I had their staff track him down and when I got his information he knew better than to do it again.

But you, well this is two summers in a row now. I guess you don’t learn from your mistakes and I am not the type to lay down and take it. Because if it doesn’t stop here, what type of escalation will happen? Usually not a nice story ends up front page. So please continue on, I got all the time in the world to travel the country, watch games, promote my business ,meet new people and send you away.

FYI I had a look at where you sent from. Your house needs some color and maybe you should think about fixing the lower window on the North side of the house. Reservoir Square looks nice though.

EDIT- ClutchNGrab the above member used your name to email me, but I know isn’t you.

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Summit Member 00029.31
    8th Annual Hockey Pool, Email for details.
    Live draft 30 Sep, 6pm CDT

16. Say Ash says:

“10 hot pictures of Lindsey Vecchione” – finally, a “you might also like” that I like. Good job, HIO!

17. sweetmad says:

Some one asked who was going to police,John Bellyful’s new jock strap rules,ME ME ME ME.
    GO HABS GO

18. somtawyer says:

I hear you Habitant, I became a fan with Ken Dryden ’71

19. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I think the last time We have had such a quantity of quality prospects in a rookie camp was over 30 years ago

…for You 20 somethings, Y’all won’t know what the Hell I’m talking about :)

• Un Canadien errant says:

I remember stories about how the Nova Scotia Voyageurs were strong enough that they could probably beat teams like the Kansas City Scouts and the Cleveland Barons and Washington Capitals. It didn’t seem outlandish, because there were two or three kids who graduated every season who jumped right in and contributed, you felt that there must be eight or ten more who could help out, but couldn’t bump the established stars and veterans.

20. Hobie Hansen says:

Nice to see other teams employing the same concept that our GM made famous during the Subban contract negotiations last year. Hate to say it but Kadri is a pretty damn good player who’s probably in the same class as Subban.

But ya, Bergevin! No trading away picks or young players so far, which is awesome. Made one slip up with Desharnais but we’ll let that slide. The best thing he’s doing though is trying to reestablish some pride and toughness back in Montreal.

• SlovakHab says:

Wow, are you ever obsessed with toughness.

And in regards to putting Nazem Kadri in the same class as PK Subban… wow – I have no words.

If a defensively irresponsible center that scores with unsustainably high shooting percentages and favourable zone starts is worth to you as much as Norris-trophy winning, tough-minutes playing no.1 defenceman…

Even Leafs fans on PPP blog have him as their 3rd young player, after Gardiner and JVR.

But yeah, let’s go back to bashing Diaz, our only other right-handed puck-moving defenceman because you expect the whole defence to be either A) slow and heavy, don’t worry about moving the puck and supporting offence as long as they hit or B) team Canada defence (it would be nice to have 6x Weber/Subban/Seabrook type of players, but it is never happening).

Okay, rant over…

(I guess you get my drift)

21. Habitant in Surrey says:

‘Great dads have smaller testicles, study suggests’; cbc.ca: http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2013/09/10/science-testicle-size-father-parenting.html

…hmmm, not sure how to take this :)

22. ClutchNGrab says:

I don’t want to open a can of worms here, but I saw below a conversation about JT. That made me think of a poster that use to post pretty good info about prospects, i also think he had a blog. He stopped posting after Par Hickey’s article on Theo Fleury saying he couldn’t participate on a blog sponsored by The Gazette. Does anybody know who I’m referring to and what would be the blog name?

• OK first, worms aren’t canned anymore. I don’t know for certain but they may come in bottles. I am sure Jim from NY can help us out with that. Next you are talking about Robert Rice. Great kid (not a kid anymore) who writes somewhere else. I don’t know where, but I met him at a Summit a number of years ago, and liked him right away.

Watching Moneyball, and man is this movie GREAT!

Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures
      Summit Member 00029.31
      8th Annual Hockey Pool, Email for details.
      Live draft 30 Sep, 6pm CDT

• Loop_Garoo says:

I must disagree. I bought worms out of a vending machine here at Canadian tire in Barrie, and they came in a can. Looked exactly like a 550ml beer can, but with a plastic top. Biggest drawback, when you are fishing caution must be used to avoid grabbing the wrong the can when thirsty.

Greg

• whoa whoa here! If the can has a plastic top, and is not sealed air tight with another piece of tin, is it still a can? I think not!

Gonna need Cliff K in here soon to get some answers.

Shane Oliver
          Twitter @Sholi2000
          Custom Sports Figures
          Summit Member 00029.31
          8th Annual Hockey Pool, Email for details.
          Live draft 30 Sep, 6pm CDT

• Loop_Garoo says:

If I take a can opener and completely remove the top, it would generally still be called a can, so I think yes, its a can.

Also, this argument actually has a much greater level of relevance than most of the hockey ones we have on here, which is weird.

Greg

• Greg my friend, this is my way of getting warmed up for the regular season. I don’t post much in the off season, there just isn’t enough hockey to go that far June-Sep. Our time is coming, and I am ready. Just need to make sure that can of worms is a can or container with a plastic top? :)

Shane Oliver
          Twitter @Sholi2000
          Custom Sports Figures
          Summit Member 00029.31
          8th Annual Hockey Pool, Email for details.
          Live draft 30 Sep, 6pm CDT

• ClutchNGrab says:

That’s him! Thank you.

• slyCH says:

He was a great poster with excellent stats. miss him the most.

23. Bill says:

Giving way to the inevitable, Kadri signs the bridge contract.

24. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

PK’s fashion sense is like his checking. Either it is a hit or a big miss…man is that an ugly shirt. Who dressed him? Dr. Seuss? He looks like a chocolate candy cane…

Boyes and Thomas get tryouts with Florida.

26. JohnBellyful says:

‘Go, Habs, go!’ chant could soon be replaced by ‘Go, nads, go!’

NEW YORK – Players will be in for a big surprise when National Hockey League training camps open this week: goalies aren’t the only ones whose equipment has been shrunk.
    The league has decreed jockstraps are not to exceed a certain size, “to speed up the game, and to make it safer,” said a spokesman for the NHL’s department of player safety.
    “Like every other piece of equipment in the game jock straps have gotten way too big – way bigger than necessary, let me tell you,” the official said, citing hidden camera footage the NHL has compiled to support its case for change. “You see how slow some of those guys skate? Oversized jock straps, that’s why. Interferes with their stride, cuts into their circulation. And it’s so unnecessary. They’re playing on ice in a rink that’s kept cool, for god’s sake. You know what the cold does to a man’s equipment. But manmade equipment won’t shrink, not unless we say so. And now we’ve said so.”
    The league is still in the process of determining the proper dimensions for approved undergarments, a process that will include visiting every training camp and “gathering stats” on each player, using the “proverbial measuring stick,” the spokesman said.
    “We fully expect we’ll be able to reduce the equipment by 25 per cent. In fact, I can say with certainty the new line of apparel will be known as jock thongs,” the official said.
    Allowances will be made for physical differences among players, by offering three sizes of protective cups: butter (small), tea (medium) and Stanley (“for guys with, well, big tools”).
    The rule change was inadvertently approved by the National Hockey League Players’ Association executive and membership last week while their attention was focused on determining the whereabouts of executive director Don Fehr.
    While startling that such a thing could happen, the most controversial aspect about the extraordinary turn of events is the league’s assertion that smaller gear will improve player’s safety. This runs counter to everything equipment makers have been saying over the last 30 years in churning out products that, in some cases, have doubled in size.
    “But smaller athletic supporters will make hockey safer for the players,” the spokesman insisted, “because the omnibus rules package approved by the players’ association during the search for Fehr included a clause that bans hitting above the belt in a fight. No more shots to the head. To the big head, at least.”
    The spokesman said the league was reluctant to ban fighting altogether, knowing there is strong support for it among a large contingent of fans, so it came up with a compromise that also applies to “the code,” the set of unwritten rules.
    “From now on, we have no objection to players flailing away at other players’ privates,” he said. “If fighting is all about asserting one’s manhood, let’s put it to the test. Or testicle. Defend your manhood – literally.”
    The spokesman said the league is prepared for a vigorous pushback from commentators such as Don Cherry and Nick Kypreos but it’s ready to take them on in a debate.
    “Why is it these guys see nothing wrong with pounding a person’s head that could cause short- and long-term damage, but will react with shock and disgust to a player punching an opponent in the genitals?” he asked. “What’s more precious? They’re going to need their brain long after they retire, their balls not so much.
    “Let’s face it, if these goons’ manly parts get injured, is that so bad? Do we really want them breeding?”
    Cherry refused comment until after he had spoken to the league spokesman.

– “A little song, a little dance, then I’ll hit you in the pants.” –

27. HabFab says:

The Bruins are going to do their own 24CH… in the first episode they show the management meeting in which it was decided to move out Seguin… classy!

28. HabFab says:

HabsWorld writers look at the Briere signing impact;

29. jo_maka says:

A pet peeve of mine about EA NHL serieshas always been the goalie mask. It’s like they never update it.

30. Sportfan says:

So Calgary Flames are set to have one of the worst seasons, are they the Astros of the NHL?

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

31. Un Canadien errant says:

Ugliest, most inapt colour scheme for a rumoured Canadian Olympic team third jersey.

32. Un Canadien errant says:

Kent Wilson on how bad contracts are born.

———————————————————————–
    … you know, because there’s no way hundreds of overcompetitive stars with massive egos would ever cheat to gain an edge with hundreds of millions of dollars at stake..–Bill Simmons

33. Stevie.Ray says:

Why does everyone hate Drewiske?

• Hobie Hansen says:

He has been sort of an afterthought. You never know, maybe he arrives in camp ready to rock and roll like he never has before? There’s always a couple guys that turn over a new leaf and turn some heads!

I’d image he has to look across the dressing room and see guys like Tinordi and Murray and realize he’s going to have to be very physical and sound defensively if he has any shot of seeing the ice this season.

• JF says:

I actually thought he didn’t do badly in the few games he played, considering he arrived late in the season and had to adjust to a new team and new system. He wasn’t given much of a chance either before being benched permanently. He’s not particularly physical, but he protected the puck well in his own end. When the inevitable injuries happen, we may be glad to have him aboard; it beats going out and giving up a draft pick for another team’s spare part.

• habstrinifan says:

I like how you put Tinordi ahead of him in the depth charts… I hope the mngmnt is too.

• Timo says:

I think it’s the decision to get Drewiske that people hate… hard to have anything personal against the guy. He was a spare part in LA and for some reason Bergevin in his moment of genius thought this is what Habs were lacking – a spare part journey man defenseman.

So the decision to pick up a depth dman whose entire contract can be hidden in the AHL is what people hate? Or perhaps it is people who can’t actually factualize the problem in signing a player who was #7 on a Cup winning team while still young.

I mean, the team loses absolutely nothing but the cash they pay Drewiskie if he isn’t good enough to play. So why is this an issue, oh wait that would involve actually thinking through a reaction before typing.

34. habstrinifan says:

Travelling a bit and not equipped with all the latest gadgets the young’uns use.. so its my trusty laptop to catch up.

And you should see the BIG BIG smile on my face. Say it together with me boys and girls.. say it loud NOW.

Connor Crisp may be the steal of the 2013 draft. Everyone start keeping track of this player.

It’s really freakin hard at my age to start patting myself on the back. I think some of you should oblige.

35. frontenac1 says:

Hola! Frontenac is in Gay Paris off Boulevard St.Germain getting hammered in a Canuck bar called The Moose. Strange sh#t amigos. Go Habs.Saludos!

36. habs11s says:

Nigel Dawes is currently the KHL points leader

GP:2 G:3 A:3 P:6

_____________________________________________________________

37. Da Hema says:

I’d kick Parros’s ass … in EA 14 of course!

38. Sportfan says:

SO Evenko already posted the baseball games on their site

Prices range from 83-18 bucks, don’t get me wrong I’m still going, but isn’t 83 a bit much to ask for? Its just a Exhibition in a city that got its heart broken I’m not sure asking for so much is wise.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

• Strummer says:

$83.00 doesn’t seem like a lot for the top price for a pre-season game in a major professional sport- what are the Habs charging for their games for example? The date is close to the season opener so the roster will be close to that on opening day.

Their hearts may have been broken but it wasn’t by the Jays or the Mets.

______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

39. B says:

Why don’t they just ask Kovalchuk to carry the torch?

–Go Habs Go!–

What donation gift are YOU bringing for the charity raffle.?

We will be in Montreal Thursday noon. See you at the hotel.!

ITINERARY & LOCATIONS
    We are staying at the Novotel hotel, discount rates at 866-861-6112 Tell them you are with HIO to get your discount.

We will all meet and greet at Hurley’s pub Friday eve. on Crescent St.
    Some of us will be having supper there, and name tags will be given out.
    Everyone is welcome to join us. Wear you team colors! and enjoy the evening.

Saturday morning, breakfast is at Chez Cora’s at 8:30am. 1240 Drummond St.
    You can order a la cart and everyone gets 15% discount off your bill.

After breakfast we walk over to the Bell Center for the Hall of Fame and Bell Center Tour.

At 3pm the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation charity raffle at the Baton Rouge restaurant 1050 Mountain St.
    Each person is asked to bring one gift item to donate for the charity raffle, so everyone gets a gift to go home with. After this years fund raiser, we will have donated over $10,000 to different children’s charities. This year we are supporting the Mtl. Canadiens Children Foundation.

Then our wonderful Baton Rouge Restaurant pre game dinner.

After dinner we walk across the street to the Bell Center and Hab’s game.

After the game the 2nd floor of Hurley’s pub is reserved for us again, to celebrate the win. Anyone may join us, just identify yourself as a HIO member.

Please be generous with your charity raffle gifts and your purchase of raffle tickets. It is a way for the HIO community to give back to less fortunate kids.

Everything is walking distance, so park your car for the weekend.
    Enjoy talking hockey and meeting your wonderful HIO community at this years Summit.

Summit game tickets, News, Pictures and comments
    Ian Cobb

41. Psycho29 says:

Mets vs BlueJays at the Big Owe next March 28th and 29th

Tickets on sale Saturday at 10AM

GO METS GO !!!!!!!!!!!

42. Sportfan says:

NHL 14 is great my only complaint is their “legend” team has five players everyone else is a current NHL player. Mike Richards is not a legend and I have no idea why he is on their team.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

43. habs001 says:

Pateryn to me did not look out of place in the limited 3 games he played…He is 23 and 214 weight….What is the scouting report on him as he is never mentioned as playing d for the Habs in the near future….

• Kooch7800 says:

From what I seen in Hamilton last year before his injury he is a decent D man who is smart positionally. He wasn’t overly physical though but apparently in an article posted on the habs site he plans on changing that and showed in in the rookie camp.

I think you would have seen more from him if he didn’t get injured last year

I think he could be an NHL D man. He will have to show it soon though as we have a lot of D men coming up

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• zephyr says:

I saw pateryn play in Hamilton early last year. he looked very good. tinordi & beaulieu were still feeling their way around then. he wasn’t too physical but is certainly big enough to play that way. i think he’s over 220 btw. if he starts to play more physically, he could play regularly for the habs. he has a good, solid all-around game. I think he’s definitely in the mix.

• HabFab says:

Habs asked him to work on his skating which he did all summer but more importantly they want him to be physical which he was at the rookie camp.

And talk of Champions League styled Hockey tournament for 2016 between NHL Club teams and European (KHL) club teams.

Bobrovsky’s new mask has a bit of Russian flavour in it, given Olympic year I’m guessing.

46. habs001 says:

The biggest issue in the playoffs for the Habs was that they could not score on their many chances and could not produce a key goal when needed ..Meanwhile Ottawa scored when they needed a big goal…and the frustrating part was that you just knew that Ottawa would score even if they had limited chances….The young Ottawa forwards dominated the Habs established forwards….

47. JF says:

After taking the summer away from hockey, J.T. is back at it, with five excellent pieces in the last couple of weeks. Here is her latest:

48. Bripro says:

So my neighbour, the Bs fan, comes over while I’m washing my car on the previous weekend, and starts bugging me about the Habs “vertically-challenged (although he calls me that too), no Lucic ….. ”

And I’m squatted down, washing my wheels on the front passenger side of the car, with my own rebuttals…. “Divers, rat’s nest, drama queens, “the academy award goes to Claude Julien”"…. you get the idea.
    Then he says that if the Habs’ Cournoyer (who was my favourite player, growing up) didn’t go out of his way during the playoffs of the early 70s, the cup record would likely be reversed. Cournoyer, of all people.

So I yell out “What????” and go to stand up. Except, I’m squatted below the passenger mirror, and almost rip it from its moorings with my forehead!
    This before the wedding reception we were attending that afternoon.
    Well, everyone at the reception started calling me Gorbachev.
    You could say it left a mark.

Damn Bruins. They’re always hurting those who don’t deserve it.

49. carolinahab says:

From the Habs current roster who would you predict to still be around by 2016/17?
    Eller
    Galchenyuk
    Patches
    Gallagher
    Pleks
    Prust
    Diaz
    Emelin
    Subban
    Price

I would hope Diaz is replaced by some of our young Dmen by then.

• Hstands4Hockey says:

Diaz is most likely to be gone – someone will drastically overpay for him this off-season.

Pleks will be interesting because that’s his UFA year.

——————————————————————–
      Rule #76: No Excuses, Play Like a Champion!
      @Hstands4Hockey

• JUST ME says:

The thing is that we want to keep everyone or almost everyone. But so far even if we like those players we are still waiting for the ultimate results and are far from getting closer even in our wildest dreams. They do look better but there is a part of wishfull thinking in a Habs view.
      I say that looking that far away we need to consider that if we want to get better we need to sacrifice good players to get something worth it. It looks like we have a few kids that will make the NHL but when the time comes, we will have choices to make if we are still aiming to be the best…

50. Maritime Ronn says:

Timo

You just have to wonder what’s going to happen with Emelin and how your favourite GM – Marc Armani Bergevin, will handle his contract situation.
    ( Another MAB-who would have thunk it?)
    Maybe MOAR MAB is better than less.

Emelin is a UFA next summer and won’t start playing until at least December/January.

Does your favorite Armani GM wait it out, or will he sign MAB the hockey player to replace Emelin?
    MAB is now honing his great physical skills with the ZSC Lions of the Swiss National League.
    No doubt he’ll be ready to return and teach Lucic a lesson.

Emelin is only 27 years old and going into his peak years as a tough banger, Top 4 shut down Dman.
    If I’m his agent, I want long term (7-8 years) @ $4M-$5M per year.

Then, the ‘unknown unknowns’.
    Does he really like Montreal, and if fellow Russian Markov leaves/gets traded, will he feel alone and look for more friendly Russian player pastures?

Will he seek out other NHL teams that have a Russian presence?
    Ovie in Washington?
    Malkin in Pittsburgh?
    Voynov in LA?
    Datsyuk in Detroit?
    Yakupov in Edmonton?

…And what may be the biggest Russian friendly NHL team in 2013 with guys like Fedor Tyutin, Artem Anisimov, and Nikita Nikitin in Columbus?

I’ll have to check if President John Davidson, General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen, and Head Coach Todd Richards have ‘Personal Improvement Plans’ that were learned from Coach Therrien during his 2013 Summer Seminars.
    If so, then….you just never know.

Then again, you just never know.
    He just may want to stay.

Rumor has it that DD is now his best buddie because he does his grocery shopping after he’s finished running grocery errands for Carey.
    Witnesses have mentioned Emelin runs around the stores and mumbles the word “хоббита” which when translated, means Hobbit.
    Can you clarify?

:-)

51. SUMMIT SUMMIT SUMMIT

One thing that bugs the crap out of me is this. The Canadiens opened up ticket sales this past Saturday. I want to go to the Ducks game and my section was sold out so I have to sit in the nosebleeds (hate that). I look last night for fun and section 201 is wide open now. What are the odds on exchanging seats? Or should I just buy 201 and sell 313?

FYI, I just

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Summit Member 00029.31
    8th Annual Hockey Pool, Email for details.
    Live draft 30 Sep, 6pm CDT

• GrimJim says:

Hey Shane,
      I’ll buy your 313 ticket from you, If you are willing to sell. I’m coming in Thursday for the Summit and I was just going to pick up a ticket from a scalper. we can meet up beforehand and then hang at Hurley’s afterwards. Get in some pre-Summit training, so to speak. I’ll give you my email addresses on the Sholi2000 website.

52. Sportfan says:

so I caved and bought NHL 14! Here’s my article part one about Jays playing two games in Montreal check it out!

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

53. crabvader says:

Got my copy of NHL 14!

Gotta wait until 9pm before playing though. CURSE YOU, WORK!

• krob1000 says:

You sound like you have a bit of a sniffle…..you should be more socially responsible. Go home before you spread that around the workplace you evil crustacean.

• Bripro says:

You’re on fire today, Krob.
        BTW, the worse chip scenario at our house is called Mabling.
        This after my mother, Mabel (yes… go ahead and chuckle… we used to all the time).
        Mabling is when you have to talk with your mouth full, and little puffs of food dust are flung from one’s oral cavity and is zinged across the room, landing dead-centre in your first-time guest’s plate.
        They see it, and politely decline to eat, suddenly feeling ill.

• krob1000 says:

lol….that is awesome! Have you ever been a Chip EnMabler? (bringing the chips to the dinner and allowing a victim who may not have seen the shooting starch to go ahead and eat the food while you laugh in the corner of the room with your own bag of chips)

• Bripro says:

:D
            Can’t say I ever had the privilege.
            But I’m not sure my wife and I would be laughing in the corner, as much as grossing out.

• Sportfan says:

I got it too can’t wait to play!

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

54. B says:

How would the progression of Galchenyuk and Eller into the Hab’s top 2 centers unfold?
    Does Galchenyuk just move from wing to top center?
    Would Galchenyuk start off behind Eller in the depth chart? If so, does he then have to leap frog Eller to become the top center or just stay behind him?
    Would Eller at some time be the top center (and would he then have to be demoted or moved if Galchenyuk was to go on to replace him as top center)?
    Do they demote or just get rid of any other centers that may be in the way?
    Who becomes the number 3 center?
    How long should this take to unfold?

–Go Habs Go!–

• veryhabby says:

B- I think it’s way too early to try and figure this out. Really let’s just see how it all unfolds. I mean I am sure the team has an idea of what they’d like to see happen, but as we know anything can happen even if you have a well thought out plan.

We know Gal is starting on wing this year. We don’t know what injuries we will have at centre this year or next. Or who will get traded down the line, who will want out (lol), who won’t resign and leave for more money. Or how well Eller will develop.

In my imagination….I have Gal as top centre, Eller as #2, and Pleks signing another contract and ending his career as #3 on this team for years to come. But this is at least 3-4 yrs away.

• B says:

Some posters here appear to have a more accelerated vision for moving up Eller and Galchenyuk at center, like yourself I don’t see how that vision unfolds in the shorter term (hence all the questions).

–Go Habs Go!–

55. SUMMIT 2013, ARE YOU IN?

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Summit Member 00029.31
    8th Annual Hockey Pool, Email for details.
    Live draft 30 Sep, 6pm CDT

56. Exit716 says:

Yo! Montrealers. If you see a Habs player in the grocery store. Leave them the f— alone. Seriously. Grow up and respect their personal space and privacy.

• Bripro says:

Are you the one Carey hired to do his groceries?
      So now you’re acting as butler, shrink and shopper?
      That’s quite the mandate.

• crabvader says:

People idolize these players. It’s only normal that they be approached. They know it and live with it.

I don’t think they need you as their mouthpiece.

If they didn’t like it, they would probably hire someone to do their groceries for them.

• Mattyleg says:

Wait, what if it’s Georges Laraque walking around in his old, moth-eaten Habs sweater? Are we allowed to talk to him?
      Or what if it’s Yvon Cournoyer, The Roadrunner, wearing his Habs jersey whilst buying tea? Can we say ‘you are nice’ to him?
      What if it’s Ryan White, and he’s in full equipment, picking up some microwave popcorn, and you have to tell him that he’s supposed to be on the ice in 10 minutes? Is that permitted?

I think you should make a list so that there’s no confusion.
      Thanks!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• aemarchand11 says:

lol okay champ.

• Bill says:

Comes with the territory. These guys make millions, and where does that money come from? Fans. Make a lot of money playing a game, expect fans to approach you. They are your bread and butter.

I wouldn’t approach most hockey players – made an exception when I saw Kirk Muller at Trudeau Airport obviously – but if I saw Price or Subban at the grocery store I’d feel fine letting my ten year-old son ask for an autograph. He worships these guys. And if they were rude about it … Which I would not expect … I think it would be fair to say they are not holding up their end of the bargain.

Obviously, if a player is in public he does not deserve to be treated rudely either, so I’m not condoning people shouting abuse across a street at them. Just saying that a little fan interaction – especially with kids – is all part of the pro sports deal.

Full Breezer 4 Life

57. B says:

Who will put up better stats this season, Carey for Montreal or Karri for Calgary?

–Go Habs Go!–

58. Chris says:

Saw a conversation about Brodeur’s pads in the last thread. mksness was correct: Brodeur did in fact move to larger pads in February 2012 (he went to a 35″ and also increased the width at the top of his pads by almost an inch) after playing his whole career with his 34″ pads.

The total length was listed in an interview by Brodeur with Chico Resch as 37″ (which I’m guessing is the 35″ + 1.5″), which was up from 36″ (34″ + 1.5″). He also increased the tapered width of the top of his pads from 9.5″ to 10.5″, keeping the bottom at the maximum allowable 11″.

Habs must have Emelin in the lineup for the playoffs

I think Michael Therrien needs to ban that type of celebration from Subban.

I’d just like to say this about that. As far as I know I don’t know much, which is more than I can say for the rest of you and less than I’d be willing to admit.

As far as I am concerned it takes winners to win hockey games. Losers lose. Speed and skill are nothing without size and grit and vice versa. Without goaltending you can’t win games but if your teammates don’t score goals it doesn’t matter how many pucks you stop.

One team wins it all and 29 play golf in the summer.

The only thing stats tell you is nothing at all, other than giving you another reason to mentally masturbate.

62. Bripro says:

In the picture above, where are they playing?
    You would think they could afford a bigger game room.

I’m guessing that is a semi trailer which is mobile and goes city to city as a demo to showcase the game. Or Parros is so big that he makes a full size room look like the back of a truck. :)

63. PaceCH says:

EA sucks…bring back the NHL franchise for the PC!!!

Ahh, I still remember scoring 200 goals in a season with Oleg Petrov back in NHL 95 (I think…the last one to not have a year on the cover anyway).

64. krob1000 says:

Can someone explain what PK is doing in that photo? is he worshipping Carey, is he pointing? is he dancing after lighting Carey up? what he heck is he doing?

65. Mattyleg says:

I have very strong opinions about a wide range of topics.
    Half of them are based on misinformation, while I can be easily swayed on the other half.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Bripro says:

Today’s youth….
      You all know everything, but are ready to change your minds to continue to know everything.
      And don’t bother arguing the point.
      You met my daughter.
      I know what I’m talking about there…. and no changing my mind.
      Unless you’re willing to pay for lunch…. and my summit ticket.
      Then I’ll say anything you want me to say. ;)

66. Cal says:

Parros is sounding more and more like he is good in the room.

67. shiram says:

I was about to say of course the younger guy wins, he should be more familliar with video games, but then I realized I’m closer to Parros than Subban in age.
    That said I could possibly beat both of em at NHL14…

• Bripro says:

But are you good in the room, Shiram?

• shiram says:

I don’t hog the chips.

• krob1000 says:

Do you double dip? Do you chip flip? (search for the most flavoured and put the others back) Do you chip sip? (backwash while eating chips and have revolting floaties in your drink), Do you chip chop? (grip chips like they are the last food on the planet and break them leaving small chip fragments in the bag). There is a lot more to being good in the room than just not hogging the chips…if you do any of the above you are a liability in the room.

+1!

• Bripro says:

Worse!!!
            When you’re finished with the chips, but it’s still half-full, and you roll the bag so tight (so that no one else can steal them) that you’re using them instead of bread crumbs for your next turkey stuffing.

• krob1000 says:

Bripro….that would be chip tripping (power tripping chip eaters are also a liability in the room)

68. bwoar says:

Rats.

“thoroughbred”

69. Hobie Hansen says:

70. Marc10 says:

I agree. Best to leave the guys alone (especially when you’re older than they are… which sadly is where I’m at these days). The fishbowl is crowded enough. There’s little need for adding to the tank.

71. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Well known people have lives. When I meet them, be they hockey players or artists, I might nod. I once said ‘thank you’ to an artist whose work I admired. I never break stride or say more. It just seems sensible.

If you are one of the ten people who talk to Price when he’s buying his groceries, what does that accomplish?

72. SlovakHab says:

Marc I guess we don’t have a problem of running into hockey players here downunder, do we! :)

73. Marc10 says:

There are hockey players…

They just aren’t any good (by North American or Euro standards…)