Four weeks less a day till training camp…

Some of us (the writer of this post included) remember when you’d send in a proof of purchase from Bee Hive Corn Syrup or these other St. Lawrence Starch Co. products to get a cherished 5×7 black and white photo of your favourite hockey stars. This ad is off the back of the writer’s 1960s Bee Hive scribbler.

• An NHLPA feature on Canadiens’ Maxim Lapierre, and how he’s excited about the season to come.

• What I did on one day of my summer vacation, by Travis Moen.

• Former Canadien Alex Kovalev made a swing through Montreal in recent days, accompanying 69 heart-ill children to a summer camp courtesy of his foundation. RDS spoke with Kovy about that, the Senators and the idea that Andrei Markov might be named Habs captain.

• PuckDaddy on the NHL’s tiebreaker change.

Don Cherry weighs in on a whole lot of things.

• Windsor Star’s Bob Duff’s typically fine read on Montreal-born trailblazing NHL goalie Bob Sneddon.

• The same week they name his hometown Île Bizard, Que., arena after him, it’s announced that Vinny Lecavalier is headed for knee surgery.

1. Bugs says:

I agree with Grapes. The leafs SHOULD make the playoffs. In fact, EVERY team SHOULD make the playoffs. But when they stink, when they have no offense, no heart, a loser-mentality, and are managed liked intellectually deficient donkeys, they don’t. It ain’t complicated.

As for V4, you all know I was prepared to give the moon for’m and screw the cap hit for the next 11 years. But then Matt Cooke came along and threw a monkey in the works. Now he’s broken. Now, I want Crosby.

So, uhhh, how do we go about doing that?

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

2. The Cat says:

Nobody hits 100% but hes as good as any on tv for sure. And while I think Thornton could do better, he doesnt deserve that reputation of choking. He really tries out there. nabokov choked way more but always fell under the radar.

3. SeriousFan09 says:

And the Habs have nobodies? Streit is good offensively but Markov is a step ahead of him and works with a superior team and one of the top prospects in the NHL is joining him next season in P.K. Subban to work the PP.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

4. Propwash says:

Cherry is dyslexic dontchaknow, he meant to spell won’t  :)

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

5. Propwash says:

Here ya go, I suggest you log in at this site, you seem to be in the wrong one.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

6. SeriousFan09 says:

I don’t know about that, people who predict lose a lot of credibility with me when they say San Jose is going to make a Cup Final (His 2009 prediction) or that Chokin’ Joe Thornton will be an impact player at the 2010 Olympics, that was a laugher.

Pretty sure he was in love with the Truculeafs to start last season as well.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

7. The Cat says:

I think the Islanders’ youth will explode offensively this year. Maybe a surprise team, my darkhorse in the east, Minny in the west.

8. SeriousFan09 says:

Only if Markov misses a big chunk of the season is that scenario going to occur.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

9. K-hab25 says:

I know and now he wants us to trade Cammy to his favorite team, the blues, aswell.