Four Bulldogs players and Galchenyuk invited to Habs camp

Galchenyuk-150x150

Hamilton Bulldogs forward Gabriel Dumont didn’t get much sleep before reporting to the Canadiens practice facility in Brossard for medical tests.

Dumont, who leads the Bulldogs in points, learned he was getting an invitation to the Canadiens’ training camp early Saturday morning after the Bulldogs returned to Hamilton from their game in Rochester.

“I still was smiling while I was sleeping. So it was really good to get that call,” he said.

Dumont is one of four Bulldogs players invited to the Canadiens camp, which is expected to open on Sunday. The other are forward Brendan Gallagher and defencemen Jarred Tinordi, the Habs’ first-round draft pick in 2010, and Mike Commodore, 33, who signed a professional tryout contract with the Bulldogs in late November.

Forward Louis Leblanc, the Habs’ first-round draft pick in 2009, wasn’t invited to camp. Leblanc, who was injured earlier this season, played more games with the Canadiens than the Bulldogs last season.

Alex Galchenyuk, who was drafted third overall by the Canadiens in last June’s draft, was also invited to camp. The 18-year-old forward has 27 goals so far this season with the Sarnia Sting in the Ontario Hockey League.

Asked by a reporter about his goal for his first training camp, Galchenyuk said he just wanted to have fun and see how he plays against NHL players and where he fits in here. “And we’ll see what happens.” You can hear more of his comments below:

Tinordi said he improved a lot since the start of the year and mentioned his skating and puck control. “I think I still have a lot to learning to do but it’s been a good year so far,” Tinordi said.

You can hear more from Tinordi below:

Commodore, who played for the Detroit Red Wings and Tampa Bay Lightning last season, sounded philosophical heading into camp. “Hopefully it will turn into something good. At the very least they want to take a look at me. I know they have a lot of defencemen here. Whatever happens, happens. I’m fine with that,” Commodore said.

“I just want to come here and have a good week of practice and do my best.” You can hear more of his comments below:

Canadiens players were also in Brossard on Saturday for medical tests.

1. third generation haber says:

Could we all just agree that, since so many guys are already signed, the prospects have been invited to camp because it’s an opportunity for coaches to evaluate them and for them to learn???

No team in their right mind would burn a year of their top prospect’s (Gally’s) ELC during a shortened season in which we don’t have a snow-ball’s chance in hell of winning the cup.

j.p. murray

2. habs001 says:

Optimum game tickets 8 categories over $200 with top being 418 ..sorry Nhl your product is the best vs other hockey leagues but not by this much in pricing…

3. Sportfan says:

Prices are up and ticket sales are soon and nothings change I feel so broke right now that I think I wont be able to go for the first time in a long time :( and optimum games are such BS thats a real thank you to the fans -_-

4. showey47 says:

8 of the first 11 games at home,good oppurtunity to get off to a good start to the season.

5. commandant says:

Galchenyuk is the best prospect we have had in 30 years.

Any decision with him should be about maximizing his development and potential, and using a year off his ELC should not be considered.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

6. Mike D says:

Mou is done!

So shortly after midnight can we expect numerous trades/signings?

- Honestly yours
    Twitter: @de_benny

7. Carta-Hab says:

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
    The memorandum of understanding has been signed. The NHL lockout is officially over after 119 days. #dropthepuck

Here we go!

Mike Milbury, Don Cherry, and PJ Stock….The three stooges of HNIC.

8. Habs schedule just released. Key point – five games against Toronto and Buffalo, four each against Boston and Ottawa, three games against all others.

Home games:

Samedi 13 avril: à Toronto
    Mercredi 17 avril: à Pittsburgh
    Mardi 23 avril: à New Jersey
    Jeudi 25 avril: à Winnipeg
    Samei 27 avril: à Toronto

9. habs001 says:

Hopefully going forward better decisions will be made on players and salaries ..It is a joke where the Habs team salary stands compared to the rest of the league vs results….This team has had incompetent decision makers the last few years…

10. HabFab says:

Kristo scores again. Believe that makes 7 games in a row.

11. Sean Bonjovi says:

The blue Jackets are still heavy on Defencemen.

• Boomer says:

They have decent potential in net aswell down the pipeline. With 3, 1st rounders this year I’m pretty sure they’ll draft forwards. They could hit the jackpot and be a force in a few years time

12. Bill says:

Usually I’m a wine drinker, but you can’t really watch football and drink wine, so I’m drinking Budvarsch, and I have to say, I had forgotten how good beer is.

So I guess I’m posting to say beer is good. Someone let me know when Subban signs. K.

13. frontenac1 says:

Guy Guy Guy. The Flower liked to go to Thursdays on Crescent after the games where he would like to have cocktails,smoke ,And bust disco moves on the dancefloor. He was a true Bon Vivant!

14. Blondie says:

TSN power rankings have the habs at 18th. I’m surprised they have them that high, they’re not usually very optimistic for the good guys.

15. Steven says:

Well, my Broncos join the rest of the teams already in the off-season. Now time to watch my first team, the Packers!

16. Blondie says:

Ravens pull off the upset – nice.

• showey47 says:

Though i have no invested interest in either team it blew my mind the bronco defence gave up such a huge play with half a minute left in regulation.

• Blondie says:

That’s why they play the games I guess. Broncos defence has been great all year but sometimes all it takes is one ill-timed mistake…

Nice that Ray Lewis has at least one more game before he hangs them up.

• LizardKing1967 says:

That’s why they call it “ANY GIVEN SUNDAY”
          Except this time it was a Saturday.

Drive for 25. 2012-2013. Max-Pac for Conn Smyth.

I BELIEVE!

17. habstrinifan says:

Anyone watching the Ravens Denver game. 3rd and 2 and Ravens playing pass. Stupid!

18. adamkennelly says:

Commodore? Not possible? Why not?

19. Harditya says:

Wow, this got me pumped up for the season:

20. Harditya says:

Double post.

21. Bripro says:

84 players didn’t vote. That’s almost four full rosters.
    You would think, given how long hockey’s been out, and many players with no team to play for during this lock-out, there would have been closer to 100% of players voting.
    I can understand a dozen, for various reasons… some for family tragedies or others who are stuck somewhere.
    But almost 12% of the players didn’t vote.
    I guess all those millions weren’t that important (to them) after all.

• rnnoble says:

42.9% of eligible voters didn’t vote in the last US elections to determine the identity of the most powerful person on the planet, despite it being one of the most import votes in recent history. Why would we expect 100% of a population of people to vote on a business decision?
      A lot of these players are very smart and educated people, but a lot are not, and I’m sure many of them didn’t really care, or didn’t really have an opinion, or wanted to abstain, or weren’t sure which way to vote, or whatever. Over 85% turnout is good for any vote.

22. HabFab says:

Nice to see Abe back out there doing hockey again. For those that don’t know, he had a heart attack and follow up by-pass surgery;

23. zorro says:

Who will be the assistants to Therrien this season??

24. Boomer says:

It’s good to have hope in young player’s but don’t be angry or discouraged “IF” Galchenyuk is on the 3rd line or sent back to Sarnia. Not every top 5 draft pick cracks the top 6 right away. Remeber Seguin on Boston’s 4th line? He’s definately gonna be a top 6 player in the NHL but sometimes it takes time. It is possible Alex will but still…
    Patience young padawans, patience.

25. Sportfan says:

I love how TSN makes the ratification article their 2nd article and not there top news story. They deny there bias, but then you see Brian Burkes mug as the main story WHO CARES HE WAS FIRED NOT HIRED….!

26. habstrinifan says:

Some sources reporting contract activity can begin ‘now’ even while finishing touches put on MOU.

27. vegas says:

Maxpac / DD / Cole
    Gally / Plek / Gionta ( if Galchenyuk makes the team)
    Moen, Prust / Eller / Bourque ( I like this)
    Moen, Prust / Gomez, White / Armstrong

If Galchenyuk doesn’t make the team, move Eller there, Gomez becomes third line center

on defense
    Markov / Gorges (Gorges played well on the right of Markov in the past)
    Emelin / Subban (some heavy hitting here)
    Kaberle, Boullion, Diaz, Weber.

Kaberle has never played the right side and I don’t think Boullion has either. Although I like Boullion I think it was a wasted signing. We needed a big right handed Banger

We have to eventually fix that right side. Ellis is our only candidate in about 2 years

Beaulieu and Tinordi play the left side also

28. matraque says:

I hope PK receives offer sheets. I would gladly take all the picks.

I used to like him, but he’s too greedy.

OK the league contract needs to be signed now and then the Hab’s can start to negotiate with PK’s agent legally. He will probably be on the ice by Monday!

• habstrinifan says:

Ian while I am bit unsure re all the technicalities, I thought negotiations were allowed as of Wednesday… only final contract signing had to wait.

30. mark-ID says:

Not sure if anyone else noticed this…..but seeing the home schedule, it appears as though Buffalo is the only team in our division in which we play three home games. That means they must be one of the two teams that we play 5 times. Interesting, I thought for sure it would be Boston and Toronto.

Everyone is trying to just fit in somewhere with this very new coaching staff.

I think all the Hamilton players will go back with a better understanding of what is required next fall to make this team. Once players are released or traded by next camp in the fall that are not part of our future. Spots will be open for competition from the farm.

32. B says:

Lebrun Tweet:

“Player ratification vote: 667 yes, 12 no – 98.2 percent. 679 of 763 players voted (89 percent)”

–Go Habs Go!–

• Ian Cobb says:

Thanks B, were you one of the 12 ?

• Steven says:

Bet Cole was one of the 12 ;)

• CranbrookEd says:

Yuppers, more than likely . . . though, he is one of many who have no idea/clue about the “real world” and what the average working person must do and how long they have to work to earn anywhere near the money that he is making and will have made by the time that he does decide to retire . . . I better stop now before I head off the cliff talking about over payed entertainers who have no real connection with the world around them . . . and then there is the whole pension thing with these guys . . . hmm, how many more years do I have to work to try and get a pension that “might” support me in retirement . . . phew . . . I am better now – thanks for listening . . . :)

CranbrookEd
        Mr. Beliveau: “Pure Pak mais oui”! . . . What ever happened to Johnny Jelly-Bean!?

33. Harditya says:

Okay, now I am really getting ticked off, this process is slower than getting any sort of paperwork done in third-world countries. Approve it already and let the trades/signings begin.

34. HabFab says:

What ever this means.
    RealKyper – Sounding like @PKSubban1 #Canadiens contract talks have cooled off. Unless a drastic change of heart tonite, it appears they’ll go into Sun

35. Bill says:

LMAO @ Josh Gorges’s twitter response to Galllagher (and Galchenyuk by extension).

Full Breezer 4 Life

36. Steven says:

Galchenyuk is gonna be a great hockey player, I can tell it by the generic answers to the question.

On a serious note, good on him not to give the media anything to blow out of proportions.

37. Habilis says:

Side note while everyone waits for the lawyers:

There’s an old fashioned shootout going on in Denver right now, 21-21 at the half. Good stuff.

Edit: 104 yard kickoff return for a TD to start the half, 28-21 Denver. Told you to watch ;)

38. Rudy says:

I agree that Josh knocked Gallagher down a peg! Lmfao

• VJ says:

What did he say??

• neumann103 says:

Brendan Gallagher ‏@BGALLY17
        Gunna have to battle with @AGally94 for who gets to keep the nickname and who will now be called Alex

josh gorges ‏@jgorges26
        @BGALLY17 @agally94 I think both of you guys will be called rookie anyways so we won’t have to worry about it this year!! #rockpiles

edit BTW it is all in good fun.
        Gallagher’s construction of the joke which is essentially “who gets to be called Gally” is preordained by the “loser gets to be called Alex” is quite clever especially judged against the expectations of 2 year old jocks. Itis one of the things that really adds to the appeal of guys like BGally, AGally94, Tinordi and even Patrick Holland. They seem smart and mature

“Et le but!”

39. youngwun says:

I wouldn’t mind if galley went back to ohl but I wouldn’t mind seeing him with pleks and gio on 2nd line either.

40. sreuel says:

They won’t make team as the regular players need to play to get there money worth from owners

41. Haborama says:

well it looks like I missed out on the last few threads (I have a life after all) sooo……

eight things…………

1. I was a huge Cole fan last season but not anymore, he really came off as a true-blue, honest, stand-up guy in 2011-12, but in the past several months he has made great effort to come off as a spoiled, selfish, whiny little piece of s*it. If any other human being on the planet were in his position, they would not give a single ounce of complaint or dissent. The lockout is over. You lost. Get over it. (Now have at me UCE)

2. This whole PK mess had better be sorted out NOW. I am in favor of a long term deal or a two year deal (like price a few years ago) but DEFINATLY NOT a deal that will allow him to bolt as a 27 year old UFA a la Komisarek. This will be MB’s first true test to see weather he will be a legitimate GM or a fool.

3. I like Gallagher a lot but I think he’ll have to wait untill Gio retires/leaves as FA before he will become a regular for the Canadiens.

4. Does anyone else think Tionordi is being invited to camp a little early?? I like Tinordi a lot. But I always thought he would need two full AHL seasons, no more, no less – before being NHL ready.

5. so it seems that Brian Burke is a dirty old man…….. ;)

6. I still think it would be best to tank this year, the 2013 draft is full of awesome prospects and we would benefit greatly for one or two first round picks.

7. I still think it would have been best for Galchenyuk and the Habs if he were not invited at all to camp and left to dominate the OHL for at least the rest of the season and another full season. He showed some holes in his game at the WJC (nothing that could not be ironed out with seasoning) and would not benefit from being rushed, especially to a team that has no chance of winning this season anyway.

8. I’m thinking about getting an avatar, any ideas?

• Hali_Hab says:

PK “mess” seems a tad dramatic don’t you think? It’s a process that can’t proceed until the mou is signed. In case you haven’t read anything over the last couple of days.

P.s. loved the caps on the “NOW” haha

• Ozmodiar says:

Agreed on the Cole issue.

- Puck Gary baseball caps – Strike 1!
      - Hamrlik comments – Strike 2!!
      - Post lock-out bitch session – Strike 3!!!

You’re f*cking out!!!

• ZepFan2 says:

F***en A!

Let’s get rid of our leading scorer from last season because he spoke his mind (which Hamrlik did as well).

:roll:

———————————————————————-
        Ka is a wheel.

“Bring it back home to me baby”

Bring it on Home

• Hali_Hab says:

And while we’re at it lets not invite any of our top prospects to camp. Even if they are 6’7″ 212lbs and plays above his age.

• Hali_Hab says:

I am also curious as to what these ” holes” galley showed in his game at the wjhc?

The more I read this post the more I think haborama is PG in disguise. Haha.

• ZepFan2 says:

Yeah, I don’t get that either. Let him come to camp and see what he can do against NHL players. If he can’t handle it, send him back.

———————————————————————-
            Ka is a wheel.

“Bring it back home to me baby”

Bring it on Home

• Ozmodiar says:

“out” as in “out of my good books”. Still on the team though. :)

although…now that you mention it…why not trade him? he’s gonna retire after this year anyway, right? trading him will help our draft standing next year, won’t it?

now you got me thinkin’…

• The Jackal says:

Still with the Cole thing? The negative reaction is probably the dumbest thing since pundits’ creating PK controversy out of thin air.

Not all oysters produce pearls, thankfully, Price is a pearl producing oyster.

• Guy-Guy-Guy says:

I think we may be OK with one smurf per line, provided they bring something else to the table. Gallagher with Eller and Moen, or Armstrong, why not?

Often the best lines in hockey have complimentary skillsets, a 2 way guy, a goalscorer, a physical guy.

Guy Lafleur smoked between periods. Did smoking give him the relaxation he craved before scoring so many goals?

• showey47 says:

Replace the term two way guy with the term play maker then you have a best line that compliments skill sets. In theory all your forwards should be 2 way players.

42. jols101 says:

Frickin Lawyers, they have had since Sunday to get this MOU together, I guess when you work for $500 + an hour you take your sweet ass time. LOL. Get it done….

43. Habs64 says:

2 hour wait after MOU signed before any trades etc.

44. Habs64 says:

Jeudi 4 avril: contre les Jets de Winnipeg

Samedi 6 avril: contre les Bruins de Boston

Mardi 9 avril: contre les Capitals de Washington

Lundi 15 avril: contre les Flyers de Philadelphie

Jeudi 18 avril: contre le Lightning de Tampa Bay

Samedi 20 avril: contre les Capitals de Washington

45. For those who know me, and my Canadiens. This week’s profile is my boy Matthew Oliver. http://www.facebook.com/groups/121436798013352/

They Call Me Shane
    “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
    Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

46. Harditya says:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

• habstrinifan says:

Things should start moving fast now.

• Hobie Hansen says:

I wonder if Cole voted no?

• likehoy says:

the fact that 98% said yes shows that they were fighting over nothing.

Pretty sure most players just said yes for the sake of saying yes to get back to work and to get paid. I can’t believe that anything would have such unanimous decision if people were actually educated and fluent in the proceedings (or read the actual 300 pages the CBA entails)

The lockout has to be one of the most blown out or proportion things in sports.

• Harditya says:

Well said likehoy. It was a fight for nothing.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Not sure about that. The guys probably voted yes because their Bargaining Committee briefed them on the deal and recommended they vote to approve it. So the boys, anxious as they are to get back to playing, and assured by their leadership that this was the best deal available at this time, went along and voted yes.

In some situations, a Bargaining Committee will present a proposal to its membership and recommend it votes ‘No’ to it. In those situations, you’ll often see the members vote massively against it, to strengthen it’s committee’s bargaining position and show management that it’s united.

So I think the overwhelming yes vote is a combination of these two factors: eagerness to get back to the ice (and to start receiving paycheques again this year), and a confidence in its leadership.

• B says:

Woops. I posted this above before seeing you had already done so here. Sorry ’bout that.

–Go Habs Go!–

47. Blondie says:

So do they have to wait for the MOU to be completed and signed before announcing PK’s contract or was ratification enough?

48. Psycho29 says:

Samedi 6 avril: contre les Bruins de Boston
    Mardi 9 avril: contre les Capitals de Washington
    Lundi 15 avril: contre les Flyers de Philadelphie
    Jeudi 18 avril: contre le Lightning de Tampa Bay
    Samedi 20 avril: contre les Capitals de Washington

49. Habilis says:

If both Gallagher and Galchenyuk crack the roster, this team has a very serious problem.

Who gets called Gally? What about the other guy?

I think that we here at HI/O have a duty to come up with some alternatives. Maybe one sticks and we all get credited in the guy’s HOF speech in 20 years. Or maybe not.

I’ll start it off:

Gallagher: Lags/Laggy (part of his name and sort of ironic, cuz he’s quick)
    Galchenyuk: Yukker (part of his name, kid’s always smiling)

Suggestions?

50. HabFab says:

98% of players vote in favour of CBA.

RenLavoieRDS 98% des joueurs ont voté en faveur de la convention collective. Plus de détails: rds.ca

• B says:

So 14 of 700 did not vote in favour? I am rounding to 700 as I am not sure how many players got to vote. Do young guys like like Galchenyuk who have a signed contract but have yet to play a game in the league get a vote? I imagine that guys like Darche who have played but who have no signed contract got to vote. I wonder how many players in total actually got to vote?

–Go Habs Go!–

• HabFab says:

They said 740 players had the right to vote so 15 nays. Not sure players can join until they have played in the NHL or otherwise would have all the AHLers and ECHLers too.

• Habilis says:

I’ll preface this by saying that I have no problem with the guy or his choices, they’re his to make.

Cole is in that 2%, I’d bank on it.

Commodore has really lost his skating ability but he just might get a call-up if Emelin or Bouillon get hurt. They are really the only Dmen Montreal has besides Subban who can play a physical game. Might come in handy against teams like Boston, Philly and the Isles.

Nice interview.

• HabFab says:

He still doesn’t have a NHL contract. Habs will probably hold off until he is needed.

• 24 Cups says:

Funny how it goes. Commodore will have made 20M by the time it’s all said done. He still has three years of a buyout from Columbus. I think he is getting 1.5M this year.

It’s a wonderful life, to be sure.

• B says:

Tinordi?

–Go Habs Go!–

• 24 Cups says:

35 games out of junior where he only played 111 times? Too much, too soon for me. Not a great developmental idea for an oversized Dman.

• B says:

The OP’s premise was that Commodore was the only available call up if injuries create the need for a physical D. I think Tinordi may also fit that bill and I doubt an injury replacement call up would necessarily destroy his development.

I don’t think he will make the team out of this camp, but I wonder if he would have been invited to this short camp over guys with NHL experience if they felt he was that far away from being ready. I am assuming they are only inviting players who’s current game suggests they might have a shot, even if it is a slight one. I don’t believe they are bothering to invite players who they don’t feel are near close enough at this point in time (as they might have done with a regular non-shortened pre season camp).

–Go Habs Go!–

52. naweed235 says:

who wears the “C” and the “A”s with the bulldogs?

53. HabFab says:

LouisJean_TVA – Players ratify CBA. Memorandum of understanding still need to be completed.

54. HabFab says:

GLefrancoisRC – Spectacle disgracieux devant nous au centre d’entraînement des #Habs. Presqu’une bagarre générale dans une ligue de garage #cmonman

So what’s up guy’s?
    A little rumble amongst the media at Brossard?
    The lock out still raising it’s ugly head?

55. HabFab says:

TSNBobMcKenzie – Hearing once MOU is signed by NHL and NHLPA – we’re still waiting and don’t know exactly when – signings/trades legal 2 hours after that.

56. Haberoooo13 says:

Guys are deserving of invite. Nice call MB

Na Na Na Les Canadiens Les Canadiens

57. B says:

I was curious how last place Hamilton compares to first place Syracuse in the AHL for size and age. I went to hockeydb then cut and pasted team stats / info into to excel to get the following averages:

All players
    Hamilton Height 73.34″ Weight 196.08 Age 23.17
    Syracuse Height 72.96″ Weight 199.8 Age 23.28

Top 10 scorers
    Hamilton Height 72.2″ Weight 188.8 Age 21.8
    Syracuse Height 72.2″ Weight 191.7 Age 22.3

–Go Habs Go!–

• Stevie.Ray says:

So we are taller, lighter and slightly younger.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Yes but the age of the impact players on the dogs is extremely young. Tinordi, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Bournival and a few others are all younger than the impact players on Syracuse. The Crunch have 2nd and 3rd year players leading the way.

• B says:

I don’t think it’s that simple or cut and dry. There are experienced guys playing (or who played this season) in Hamilton like Dumont, Blunden, St.Denis, Nash (DeSantis), Palushaj. I don’t think it is fair to only mention Tinordi, Beaulieu, Gallagher and Bournival as the Dogs “impact players”. Syracuse also has young players making an impact. Connolly is only 20, Killorn, Brown and Korobov are rookies.

I just don’t think age on its own is an excuse for Hamilton’s poor standing this season. I don’t think it can be blamed on size either. I believe it is a combination of many factors (including but much beyond just age and / or size).

–Go Habs Go!–

58. Habfan10912 says:

Still waiting for the MOU to get completed so I’ll focus on some NFL football. Broncos/Ravens and 49ers/Packers. Who do we like?

———————————–

59. Hobie Hansen says:

I’m happy with the Bulldogs in camp. Unfortunately for Leblanc, he’s having a tough time after his high ankle sprain. He’ll probably out of the Habs plans until training camp next season, due to the injury.

Maybe he kicks it into high gear down in Hamilton this year and gets a callup but it’s not looking like it.

I’m thrilled Tinordi is in camp. I’ve been tweeting different hockey personalities on Twitter and Arpon Basu told me a couple months ago that he didn’t believe Tinordi would stick this year because he’s not quite ready for the speed of the NHL. I can’t wait until this guy is ready!!!!

The best thing in my opinion for the Habs and Dumont would be to have him center our 4th line this season. Unfortunately we have quite the logjam at that position and I seriously doubt he stays. He’s been a little spark plug in Hamilton and is a bit older than a guy like Tinordi or Gallagher, I think he’s ready.

Gallagher should play this year as well. I’m not sure of the consequences, contractually, of sending White or Armstrong down to Hamilton but that’s the only way he’ll make the team. He’s looked great in Hamilton without any star power surrounding him.

Commodore is interesting. I’m interested to see what level he’s at. I’ve seen him a couple times in Hamilton but not enough to get a good read on him. I wouldn’t mind sitting Kaberle or Diaz and having him in the lineup if we’re in for a physical game. If he’s up to it that is.

60. Stevie.Ray says:

If Galchy gets his 5 game audition in the NHL, he’ll probably be playing the wing. Which is fine. Just getting his toes wet.

But if he gets sent back to Sarnia, he’ll be back on the wing, and he played the wing at WJC.

Is it safe to presume that he is going to end up a winger in the NHL? Which is fine if he produces, but the long await for a big number one center continues?

61. Ncognito says:

I was so close!
    All the best to my childhood neighbour Gerard Gallant this year!
    When we playedball hockey at the Boys & Girls Club I was the goalie…he scored a few on me :-)

62. Bripro says:

Am I first? It’s been a while. I’m good…

63. Da Hema says:

It is truly bizarre. One would think the Leafs just dismissed Sam Pollock given the amount of media coverage devoted, in the end, to a mediocre general manager in possession of a big mouth. Perhaps I do not see the organizational “nuances,” but I do not believe the Leafs are any better or worse than when Burke first arrived. That says volumes about both the Toronto Maple Leafs and Brian Burke.

64. showey47 says:

Though i can’t stand burke’s big mouth it would be funny to see toronto get a 2nd team and see him become the g.m.

65. punkster says:

Yer just jealous ’cause hippos don’t look serious with loosened ties.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

66. Da Hema says:

I knew someone would call me out on that!