Forget about the Stanley Cup, folks…

The Toronto Maple Leafs, who play the Canadiens on Saturday, are 1-0, having beaten the Stanley Cup-champion Detroit Red Wings. The parade route is forming on Yonge St. at this hour.

1. Habfan29 says:

Cherry at the end of the game was priceless! What a putz saying that Kubina is a Norris candidate and that the leafs are a great team…..Please CBC get him off the air.

2. projectpete19 says:

you cant watch any games online on tsn or cbc from the states.

3. Skotbot says:

Nice jersey valeri!

Do I listen to pop music because I am miserable?
    Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?

4. Habs Fan in Hogtown says:

You should be able to see the game on cbc.ca/sports assuming it hasn’t been blacked out in the states…

5. projectpete19 says:

here is the schedule for center ice on directv, and it shows montreal games on both friday and saturday

6. LeGrosBill says:

Every dog has its day.

7. Thomas Le Fan says:

What have we learned? Toronto will not go 82 games without a win, Detroit will have to win a game before anyone can annoint them champions. Go Habs!

8. HNS says:

As posted by moi, Detroit won’t be there at the end. MMWs!

9. Number31 says:

Heehee… Annoying the Red Wings is always fun. I don’t care who does it.

10. NLhabsfan says:

MY hope mid season there is a massacre of the laughs.

11. Habifax says:

Leafs looked better than I expected but the Wings were sloppy and gave them 2 easy goals.

12. Habs fan in SF says:

PHEW! i figured it out. the reason it’s not on center ice is because the NHL network is showing it. between center ice, versus, NHL network, and the local channel carrying sharks games, i think i have EVERY NHL game at my finger tips. i love it. GO HABS GO!

13. Habs fan in SF says:

i’m in san francisco … so i know it isn’t blacked out. i’m looking on the center ice website. here’s the schedule. say it ain’t so?! i NEED to see that game and i don’t want to have to resort to watching a crappy feed online.

14. Steiner says:

where are you located?
    If its in the montreal/toronto area it wont be there if its on CBC or RDS.

15. Habs fan in SF says:

anyone watching calgary vs vancouver game? luongo looks good.

anyone know why montreal vs toronto on saturday is NOT on the center ice schedule???!! i hope it’s a typo!!

16. Habs fan in SF says:

sad. he was so young and had a promising career ahead of him

17. vaya_ says:

r.i.p. luc bourdon. canucks are running a great tribute to him before their game tonight.

18. Exit716 says:

Def Leppard never recovered after Steve Clark died in 1991.

19. Corio says:

I watched the game and the Leafs actually played quite well, I was impressed. Toskala played really well too. The Leafs really forced the Wing’s defense and created a lot of turnovers at the Wing’s blue line created many opportunities to score. As much as I dislike them they deserve cudos.

Cherry’s ‘told you so’ comment at the end of the game was priceless though, he really needs a kick in the pants.

“He knows, like, unnecessary facts about putting Sears catalogs on your shin pads.” Sean Avery on Don Cherry

20. Rooster says:

Can’t wait to see how TSN is gonna play this out…Should be entertaining

~Listen to the rooster! He knows what he’s saying!

21. yathehabsrule says:

Not as bad as I thought…Considering they haven’t had a major commercially successful album in 15 years and can still sell out arenas world wide..

Joe Elliot putting the Cup upside down was a bit embarassing but he recovered by saying “Hey we’re soccer boys. What do we know”

I was just glad CBC went to commercial during a “new” song..THe ones when you are at a concert and the band says “this one is from our new album”….my cue for a bathroom break.

22. yathehabsrule says:

Osgood was NOT sharp as was attested by the first goal.

23. MikeL says:

Please….Def Leppard…..Stop…..

24. princess-of-hockey says:

I love the sarcasam in this post!

25. spirit of the Habs says:

I;m glad the leafs won im going Saturday and I want them and their fans to be feeling high before the game and then BOOM!

Canadas Team, Gods Team You name it The Habs are it

26. MikeL says:

You gotta give it to them. Toskola, Kulamin, Hagman, Moore, and Tlusty all played very well. Whether they keep it up is a different story.

27. the_larry says:

Looks like the parade has already started in Toronto. If the season opener is any indication of what the season is going to be like, we’re in for a treat!

28. Chorske says:

They played surprisingly well, considering. Grabs was a non factor, as was Antropov (selected in extremis in the final round to be a member of my team in my fantasy pool). My man holmstrom looked pretty sweet tho.

It’s gonna be this tight, this close, all year.

29. showey47 says:

agreed, grabs was soft on the puck and was knocked around easily (something we all knew), the only thing nicole antroflop did was dive on stuart to draw a penalty which pretty much led to their second goal. Their best player was dominic moore, a 3rd/4th liner.

30. Blitzen says:

The Laffs are gonna play themselves out of Tavares. Sweet.
    _____________________________________________________
    Mad Pax…Beyond Powerdome

31. Gary320 says:

I hope Toronto is a contender.. I wanna see a huge rivarly for 1st in the north-east.. that would be sweet..

32. RudeMood19 says:

They played well, they played solid defense, plus detroit didnt play too great either

33. Blitzen says:

Missed most of the game. Was it a case of the Wings underestimating the Laffs?
    _____________________________________________________
    Mad Pax…Beyond Powerdome

34. Chorske says:

No, both teams showed up. It was actually a pretty good game.

35. habsfor25 says:

Wow leafs got lucky got to give it to toskala he played really good and already doncherry is freaking out about the leafs

36. Exit716 says:

Cherry is an idiot.
    At least some things never change.

37. Exit716 says:

They work hard, but have limited talent.
    If Toskala doesn’t play lights out they are in big trouble.

38. Blitzen says:

Well start the parade then. lol.
    _____________________________________________________
    Mad Pax…Beyond Powerdome

39. habs R my team says:

Detroit was flat, and not sharp. That’s the only reason the leafs won. Leafs better enjoy it, because this was their stanley cup. It’s as close as they’ll come to winning a cup.