Flyers find life

Now THAT was playoff hockey.

• Flyers were due some bounces – Cam Cole

Game 3 breakdown – James Mirtle

Quotes

Flyers used to bouncing back – Scott Burnside

And Mathias Brunet of La Presse offers a positive take on the Canadiens’ scouting department.

1. TomNickle says:

This is getting sickening.  I’m from Canada.  But I don’t make every Canadian player out to be a hero.  Hossa may not be a merc but he certainly chased money around.

Remember why Atlanta couldn’t keep him? Remember why Ottawa couldn’t keep him?  And it had a lot less to do with the potential of winning a Stanley Cup than it did money.  If he wanted a Cup so damn badly, he would’ve signed in Pittsburgh for $4 million/season and play with the best passer in the world.

Slovakian hockey players aren’t heroes, and they aren’t villains.  They are regular people.  If they follow money, it doesn’t make them bad people, and that’s universal, not specific to one country or continent.

Saying where he’s signed contracts isn’t about money is nonsense.  Like I just said, if he did sign for money, it doesn’t make him a bad person.  But you and your countrymen on this site are developing a nasty habit of trying to make role models and heroes out of Slovakian hockey players by depicting them as selfless, team first leaders who are driven only by Cup aspirations.  Money has just as much to do with their decisions as the potential of winning.

2. 8Canada says:

I totally agre with you Mike. I’m glad there are other Habs fans that can see from a neutral perspective. Thats what I always shift to once my favorite team is eliminated. Why keep pouting? I really like the Flyer’s style of play and I hope they will win the cup. Either way it will be an awesome game!

3. NoTinFoilCups says:

Didn’t Ottawa sign Volchenkov over the winter?

4. SlovakHab says:

I have always liked Hossa. It was the Ottawa Senators, and he loved to play there, to trade him away. He didn’t want to leave, but he had to. The same thing with being traded to the Penguins – if he wanted to be a Penguin, he would have signed a contract there. Then he gave up a lot of money to play for the Wings – just to get a chance for the SC. Then, after it was clear he couldn’t fit into a long-term plans with the Wings, he went on to the Blackhawks for another chance for a Stanley Cup.

A mercenary with no loyalty?

Nope.

A player who is loyal to winning, to the Stanley Cup dream, and to a team he likes (and he liked Ottawa, Red Wings and clearly Chicago).

5. habssince1909 says:

Please please please may the Hawks win the Cup – I cannot stand the very idea of the Flyers winning it…I do not want to see them skating around hoisting the cup – GO HAWKS GO…….

6. Exit716 says:

I love the Gretzky one for one reason. It shows how tiny the goaltenders and their equipment were 25 years ago.

Holy cow. Look closely at Billy Smith and you swear Gretzky’s got a soccer net to shoot at.

7. Bugs says:

Disregarding the fact that we already HAVE small but speedy unproductive forwards, he’s always injured.

I dunno, Robi…

Agitated but regulated, I aspire as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Undersecretary of North-East Division Propaganda Bureau, Section Chief of Flannel Department, and Field Operative for Habsbros Data Dissemination Services: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

8. Bugs says:

As opposed to saying how much he LOVED Mtl while playing for Philly?

Now why would a player say such a thing…?

Agitated but regulated, I aspire as

9. c.robillard says:

Does anybody think Raffi Torres would be a good UFA to sign this summer? He’s got size and grit, but I just haven’t seen him play enough to have a complete idea of the type of player he is.

Thoughts?

10. ManApart says:

You talk like i am scared Pleks will leave because i have a crush on him like some do on Price. I’m not like the Price fanboys. It’s about the team.I feel he is a very valuable part of the team and I don’t see a way to replace him. If we sign Marleau, I’m happy to let Pleks walk.

i’ve not liked the Gomez deal, not for childish reasons, like you seem to think. But because the guy is way overpayed and frankly is not that good.I’ve not liked Gainey, because he was a bad Gm IMO, that jerked this team around for the bettter part of 6 years. Your statement that he is the most talented forward in our division is just silly. The guy has hands of stone around the net and isn’t that smart of a player. How can a 12g, 55 point guy be the best player in our division? Are you sick? He’s a very good skater and puck carrier and that stands out to people who can’t see deeper into the game. Pleks had a way better regular season and wasn’t far off in the playoffs. what did Gomez have, like 3 more points and less goals? Also he’s not nearly the 2 way guy Pleks is. if Pleks underachieved, then Gomez was a complete bust, comparitively, being the number one center with all the PP time. Gomez is one of the most overrated players in the NHL. Everyone knows that. He’s a nice player, but an elite? You are getting back to your Price is the greatest delusional days. Those days were embarrassing.I hope you’re not relapsing into hysteria again, for our sake.

11. ArmyFan says:

As true hockey fans, are we not supposed to frown upon all rule infractions 😉 LOL

I wasn’t saying it was either good or bad – just putting forth my theory on how he seems to get away with doling out so much punishment, particularly in front of the net.  I’d love to have him play for the Habs.

But mostly I wanted to point out that he is EVIL….(as in e-VIL – emphasis on the “VIL”)….

12. HabsFanInTampa says:

You say all that like it’s a bad thing (in hockey). Just by reading your post, I wish Pronger played for the Habs.

Well. The only way they can get better is by winning the ECF next year.

14. ArmyFan says:

Pronger gets away with it because he does it with no emotion.  His face doesn’t change, there’s no commotion or outburst – because he’s so large that knocking a guy down with a crosscheck is effortless to him.  Harder for the refs to see unless they’re looking right at him.

Mostly, though, it’s because he is PURE EVIL in human form. Look at his beady little eyes…….

15. ArmyFan says:

I have always hated Hossa.  First it was simply because he was an Ottawa Senator, and over the last few years it’s because he’s been like a mercenary with no loyalty, jumping from team to team in a futile chase for the Cup.

But after watching him play in this series I have a new-found respect for the guy.

16. pmaraw says:

except the last time philly beat us, they had biron and all he could talk about was how much he hated montreal and was a nordique fan.

17. habs4later says:

As for your Gomez point.  You’ve become so nervous that Pleks won’t be retained that you’ve developed a hate for Gomez.  He’s clearly, and I mean clearly our most skilled forward.  His combination of speed, hands, vision and passing ability are far and away the best in our division let alone our team.  That doesn’t speak too highly of our division, but I’ll take it and not bitch like a 12 year old boy who’s been grounded by his parents.

You can’t be serious! you think a player scoring 12 goals at 7.3 mil is a good deal??

please give your head a shake.  you need a lobotomy!  bette still  a brain transplant!

18. SeriousFan09 says:

He certainly didn’t seem sorry about what he did when he ‘went over the edge’, Richards tries to make sure his armour-like pads are involved in every hit he makes and he does love a good elbowing.

The media made head shots a topic of discussion because no one has taken the head trauma issue seriously in the NHL. Players careers have been altered or ruined because no one has considered the simple fact that a concussion is a brain injury and that your brain is who you are. In two years, Eric Lindros had his life altered permanently thanks to criminally irresponsible action by Flyers medical staff where they tossed him back on the ice the day after every time got ‘his bell rung’ as they say.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

19. TomNickle says:

To your first point.   We have several NHL players that were developed here after being drafted that are doing well in the NHL, and you know that.  They weren’t all retained by the team for different reasons, but they’re out there, and that’s a fact.  Hainsey, Komisarek, Ryder, just to name a couple.

Pleks underachieved just as much as he’s overachieved and fortunately for him he’s going to cash in.  Good for him.  Whether it be here or somewhere else.  It doesn’t mean he’s more skilled than Gomez and doesn’t mean he’s more valuable.

Look around the league James.  There are at least 20 teams in worse shape when it comes to prospects and player development than us.  At least.

You’ve had a hate on for Gainey since that Gomez trade because it was writing on the wall that Pleks was a goner.  He might be, and that pisses you off.

20. ManApart says:

Are you serious?Player development is terrible. Look at the roster. How many players have been developed and flourished? Very few. Subban was the only big one, but he was going to be good no matter what. Halak was a good success. No top 6 forwards ever. Few bottom 6. Had to even trade for a good 3rd liner center. Our 4th liner was picked up on waivers. Traded for Pyatt and signed Moen. This teams track record regarding drafting and developping has been atrocious. LOL, Maxwell has no future with this team, forget it.

As for Gainey leaving the team in better shape. Was there anyway it could have gotten worse? A monkey could have improved things. Overall, he only did marginally better his first 5 years. Finally anyone in the world that would think Trading for Gomez was a good decision is crazy. Looking from a purely financial perspective, he is crippling this team. Now guys like Pleks, the goalies, Markov in the future etc. are a lot harder to hold onto and the guy is barely can score 15 goals and 60 points. It’s a joke really.

21. Bugs says:

Wishlist for any NHL team or us?

If you mean any NHL team, ok, whatever, but Kovalchuk at 8???

If you mean us, 1) you wanna add 5 mil on the payroll in shot-blocking to Gill and Gorges?

2) Ok.

3) Feh. Got Moore and Moen.

4) Meh. Unreliable.

5) Sure. But why leave Detroit City?

6) Ok.

7) Haw-haw! Joking, of course. Overrated nobody.

8) Ilya at 8??? I’d have him 1 with an asterisk AND a gold star.

9) Ridiculous. We have personnel.

10) Seidenberg is dealing in beads; we have personnel. Chris mason…why? Nonsensical. We got Price. If Price leaves, we’re not gonna replace’m with Mason or else we woulda KEPT Price. We want a num2, not another kid fightin for num1. C’mon, Darth.

I’d take Biron. Cheap, reliable, proud, smart, would fit right in, imo.

Agitated but regulated, I aspire as

22. TomNickle says:

Or just watch the way Marian Hossa has played over the last two games.

23. ArmyFan says:

I saw it last night for the first time, and felt the same way.

And to all those who suggest that winning the Stanley Cup means nothing to European players — watch for the clip of Teemu Selanne, overcome with emotion after winning it.

24. TomNickle says:

Holy Christ you would think doomsday is coming the way you post.  Do you have some sort of agenda to oust Gainey?  Are you Pierre Mcguire?

We aren’t at the top of the list when it comes to player development.  But we sure as hell aren’t anywhere near the bottom.

The cupboard isn’t nearly as bare as you make it out to be.  Plekanec came into the NHL after having similar seasons that Ben Maxwell’s had in the AHL.  Pleks turned out ok.

He didn’t sink this ship.  He left it in MUCH better shape than what it was when he got here.  Whether that be drafting, free agents, player development or money issues. it’s ALL BETTER THAN WHAT IT WAS WHEN HE TOOK OVER.

What long term impact of bad Gainey decisions are you talking about?  Trading for Gomez?  Our most skilled player.  Signing Brian Gionta, our next captain?  Signing Mike Cammalleri, our next 40 goal scorer?

Go lay down until the feeling goes away.

25. TomNickle says:

Go lay down until the feeling goes away.

26. G-Man says:

Don’t swing that stick: a nice two-handed cross-check at his jaw. Then, I’ll be happy.

27. G-Man says:

Sorry, man. These Flyers are goons that are NHL certified. The refs should call Pronger’s many infractions, but, because they are effing idiots, they don’t. Carcillo belongs in the circus. Hartnell is the bearded lady. Richards is a hit-from-behind – piece-of- excrement. Briere is a giant douche on skates.

The rest are just players, but they remain the Flyers. And, being Flyers, my hate is as natural as the butt-kicking they received at the hands of the ’76 Habs.

28. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Laviolette has ‘civilized’ them a bit …enough where I am indifferent which team wins

…but watching Our’s and this Chicago-Philthy series is increasing My pain We chose Fischer over Giroux

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

29. TomNickle says:

Volchenkov is pretty much in D.C. now.  I would be surprised if a tampering charge didn’t come out of this.  You may as well strike him off your list with our number on the back end anyway.

Marleau is size in the middle but he’ll be seeking a long term deal and I highly doubt that he would agree to play in a pressure packed market.  Not only that, but he had a career season.  He’ll get $7 million annually on the open market.  Habs won’t pay that when they can have Pleks for $6 million annually, nor should they.

Mitchell, see Volchenkov.

Michalek….interesting idea but I think management is making a conscious effort to become more North American and he doesn’t have the grit that the team wants going into the future.

Holmstrom…..way too slow to play on this team.  Way too slow.

Armstrong……perfect fit but I’d be shocked if Burke doesn’t make cap room to throw $4 million/year at him.  And he isn’t worth that much.

Chris Mason won’t sign as a backup.  He’ll either take less to remain the starter in St.Louis or a team needing a #1 will give him a lowball offer that he’ll take.(San Jose, Edmonton, Columbus).

Ponikarovsky….see Michalek.

Kovalchuk…..I still think our club is a dark horse here.  Funny thing is.  You’ve basically got to trade Markov to make that happen and I would think that Markov would be the only attraction for Kovalchuk other than money and fame.

Hamhuis….excellent player but we need somebody on the back end who can play the right side effectively.  He isn’t that guy.

Seidenberg is a shot blocker, we have 2 of the best.  Not worth the $2 million + he’ll receive on the open market.

30. G-Man says:

Careful, HH, your optimism is showing. Not.

31. ManApart says:

Richards can be dirty at times, but is a great player to have on your team. He’s twice the player Gomez is.

32. ManApart says:

I agree. The Habs are in trouble, because of cap issues and the lack of prospect forwards who are ready to fill a top 6 spot. If Pleks is lost and the K-bros are traded, that leaves some huge holes on an already weak offensive team. I think we are starting to see the long term impact of Gainey’s decisions. Hopefully PG has a plan to get us out of a hole.

33. puck face says:

who’s on drums ?

Volchenkov would be a great addition.

The Habs could trade the Kostitsyns, and maybe get something for either Price or Halak.

I still think the Habs are going to get worse before they get better.

35. pic1983 says:

uch, I find them so easy to hate hahah

I just hate pronger with a passion.  I wouldnt mind him if he just played dirty, but he plays dirty, rarely gets called or properly suspended for his antics, and on top of all that, he spends the whole game whining to the refs!

I cant stand danny briere, I cant stand scott hartnell.  Love Mike Richards, although I think he needs to learn have more respect for his fellow players, and stop always trying to injure people.

As much as id love to see Marian Hossa be branded as a “curse” (only because its never happened before, I actually have nothing against hossa), i just have too much dislike for philly.

36. longtimehabsfan says:

Let’s face it, Habs need Marleau but you know, I know, and all Habs fans know they will not pay for him and even if they were willing to pay, he’s not coming.

37. ManApart says:

And watch this team set a new record for offensive futility and get a top 5 pick in the 2011 draft.

38. crabvader says:

That’s why I called it a wish list.

39. ooder says:

just letting you know this is not the first time  richards has thrown a cheap hit like that,he did the same thing to kovy 2 years ago, and before that he did to a guy in atlanta.

obviosuly the nhl is inept and allowed it to continue till Booth ended up in the hopsital

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

40. pic1983 says:

Unless we manage to dump a ton of salary, the free-agency route isnt going to be an option for us this summer.

41. longtimehabsfan says:

Sign two of Lombardi, Armstrong and Malhotra should we lose both Moore and Pleks.

42. mike g says:

I would like to congratulate the NHL.

This years “History will be made” commercials have gotten mixed reviews. They started off like a cannon, allowing us to relive and see just how magnificent and special certain players/victories actually were in the past Stanley Cup playoffs. Then, they started creating some with the current teams/players involved, and IMO ruined some of the history attached to their “History will be made slogan”. Some plays and players were worthy of their own commercials; Jaro Halak, the Flyers’ comeback from 0-3, and a few others. But, most of them seemed plain and boring. Nothing really seemed like history in most of the commercials. It actually seemed like the NHL was just trying to grasp every instant clutch play, goal or save, and make it into a commercial hoping it would become part of a Cup run for that given team. It backfired, because if you watch them now, you realise that most of those plays won’t be remembered nearly as much as those from the past.

But the NHL has successfully got me, and probably you too, smiling again. Their newest commercial named “No Words”, shows a bunch of players who’ve won the Cup in the past. They show them totally speechless in an interview, unable to describe the feeling while fighting back tears. It’s incredible, and gives me the goosebumps each time. That’s what the playoffs are about. When you see grown men fighting back tears, it’s because it means something.

Thank you NHL.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

43. crabvader says:

FA wishlist, top 10:

1. Anton Volchenkov

2. Patrick Marleau (let’s face it, he’s size down the middle)

3. Willie Mitchell (if you can’t get Volchenkov)

4. Zbynek Michalek (I would be tempted to even have him at #3 instead of Mitchell)

5. Tomas Holmstrom

6. Colby Armstrong

7. Alexei Ponikarovsky (A bit of a gamble… I think he needs a bigger role to be succesful)

8. Ilya Kovalchuk (Not a huge selection to go from… I’d do it if I could spare the cash)

9. Dan Hamhuis

10. Dennis Seidenberg or Chris Mason*

*In the unlikely scenario that we can only afford to keep Price and let go of Halak, I would like Mason over Turco to mentor Price because I don’t really think Turco brings anything new to Price’s repertoire. They both handle the puck extremely well and Marty’s unconventional style won’t be a good match for Price. Chris Mason likes to keep things simple with good positionning and puck vision. Those are two things I think Price could improve upon. What’s better is that if Price hits a mini-slump, Mason is a more than capable replacement.

44. Ghosts of the Forum says:

I can’t do it!  I just can’t!!

45. Habitant in Surrey says:

…something genetic about a lifelong Habs’ Fan by instinct detesting a Philthydelphia Phlyer team …BUT, gotta say, THESE Philthyboyz are HARD to hate like in ‘the ol’ dayz’

…Toews and his young-guns are compelling …but Philthy has the French-connection, …as a team have great character and play tough-nutz never-quit Canadian hockey …THIS time, without going over-the-edge

…just ‘something’ ’bout that sweater that would make My skin crawl watching them hold The Cup

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

46. homerbowen says:

While I hope he Hawks win it in 7 I do love the Flyers if for no reason other than what they did in terms of intimidation to the Toronto Maple Laffs back in the 70`s. The Laff`s bus would pull up to the Spectrum and the driver would turn the bus off yet the bus continued to shake for the next 10 mins until the Laffs got up to exit the bus. We want 7 games please.

47. Psycho29 says:

As much as I hate Scott Hartnell when he plays against the Habs, I’d take him on my team anytime….

He and Carcillo and Richards keep the opposition on their toes when they are on the ice.

48. ReverendJim says:

They actually listed Dominic Moore as a D. W.T.F.

49. mike g says:

I think you just hate the Flyers, and think of them historically as goons, and always will.

This Flyers team isn’t even a fraction of the Broad Street Bullies. This team can play hockey, and they do it very well. Have you seen Asham or Carcillo going overboard? NO.

The only guy that you can say has and always goes overboard, is Prongs. Like him or hate him, he knows what he’s doing though. He knows he can slash a guy and the ref won’t even remember it a minute later. So, if he’s allowed, why not do it? If you were competing for the Cup, and the refs let you slash everyone without getting penalized, wouldn’t you do it too?

I understand you don’t like how the rules change come the Finals. Neither do I, but it’s like that now and it has always been. And it sucks to say it, but it always will be.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

50. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Richards is a dirty little punk.  The guy always hits with his elbows up and loves blind-siding people.

51. habs001 says:

the top 4 d men  for the flyers are very good at keeping the puck in the offensive zone…passing the puck and setting up shots ..we really lacked in this d support for our forwards…gill,gorges,obyrne,mara have no playmaking abilities ..mab can do some but mostly on the pp…spacek and hammer had this ability when they were younger but now are limited…markov was injured a lot and when he came back his timing was off as was seen by many bad pinches he got caught on. hopefully pk can help next year… with the flyers type of d i believe even our 3rd and 4th lines who are full of offensively challenged forwards would have scored a lot more and this type of d would have made our top forwards even more dangerous

52. AndyF says:

The Flyers’ Rollerball style of hockey highlights everything  that’s wrong with this league.

Clean play and class take a back seat to dirty and dangerous play.  Guys like Pronger and Richards regularly flaunt their complete lack of respect for other players’ careers. The league completely forgets its rulebook, and wrings its little rat-hands in glee when it gets good ratings from fans that don’t know the difference between the UFC and the NHL.

Shame on the NHL for being such ratings whores.   And shame on the Players’ Association for not taking a stronger stand on the kind of cheap play that the Flyers practice.

AndyF

53. notbigbird says:

I have always hated the Flyers but for the most part, I respect this version. I think Laviolette has stopped some of the unnecessary goonery, and they’re playing with awesome intensity. That being said, I will cheer against them every time.

54. SLONCOLD says:

pronger should be called for a crosschecking every second play. i hope some one turns around one day and swings a stick at his head and then says ooops it’s good canadian emotion/hockey…..

55. mike g says:

It happened once, let it go…

Just because the media made “head shots” into the biggest story in hockey since Gretzky went to L.A., doesn’t mean anything. Andy Sutton cross-checked Pascal Dupis straight in the mouth this year. Blood everywhere, lost teeth, and clearly a gesture where Sutton knew what he was doing and what the consequence would be. But, he was only suspended 2 games and nothing was made of it.

Chris Pronger gives cheapshots. Mike Richard’s incident happened once. He doesn’t hit with flying elbows, or with his knee out, or do anything dirty. He just plays and extrealy intense and hard game. With that type of style, you are constantly playing on the edge. And when you play on the edge, it’s only a matter of time before you slip off. That doesn’t mean he does it on purpose or plans it.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

56. mike g says:

Most people hate the way the Flyers play.

It’s understandable, because it’s sometimes a cheap and dirty style. But, they understand one simple thing; come the Cup Finals, nothing is called. They know that they can get away with anything in the Finals, so they built their team for this specific time of the year.

It’s frustrating to see them succeed I guess, because we watch 82 games of “New NHL” hockey and this is totally different. But they understand how the rules change and build that way.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

57. pic1983 says:

I hate the flyers because they are one of the dirtiest teams I have ever seen, they get away with pretty much everything, and yet they still sit there whining to the refs all game long!

I dont care if Pronger was good in the gold medal final, he’s such a classless and arrogant individual and such a dirty, whiny player, that Im ashamed he even won gold with us.  I cant even believe that this guy whines to the refs all game long because he should be getting 10 penalties a game at least!

The one thing I was finally glad to see was when philly FINALLY got called for intentionally taking the net off.  They did it multiple times against the habs and never got called once!

The flyers dont deserve to win a stanley cup and neither do their fans.  Hawks were la creme de la creme all season long, and to lose because the refs give the flyers a free pass would be a real shame.

58. habsguy says:

*career*

59. habsguy says:

Mike Richards is the biggest cheap shot dirt bag in hockey…..personally the only reason I watch the cheap shot flyers is to see if Buff lays one of them out,  it would be nice to see someone end Richards carrer with a head shot,  kind of a pay back for what he’s done over the years,  and I mean a real good one that ends it instantly.

How you can compare him to Toews is beyond me!!!!!

60. JF says:

Good post.  I also was glad to see the Flyers win. First, a sweep in the final would be a lame finish to a great post-season.  Even more, the Flyers deserved to win last night, also Game 2.  They have been the better team so far in this series and perhaps the best team throughout the post-season.  They played one bad game against us, and they were not great in the first game against the Hawks.  Otherwise, they have been playing consistently well, even when they were down 0-3 to Boston.  I’m still bitter about our loss to them, but I can’t hate them for winning; they were clearly the better team.  I’m bitter because after our great performances against Washington and Pittsburgh, the team did not live up to my expectations against Philly.  I think we could have played a lot better.

But this is one thrilling series, and whichever team wins, I shall enjoy watching them hoist the Cup and celebrate their triumph.  Whichever team it is, it’s a great feeling.

61. c.robillard says:

This win makes my prediction of Hawks in 6 closer to reality.

Go Habs Go

and since they’re out, Go Hawks Go, second favorite team right now.

62. mike g says:

Nice to see the Flyers win a game last night, this is shaping up to be one serious Final…

I know alot of us are still bitter about the fact that Philly is playing for the Cup instead of us. It’s tough, it really is. But if you are an honest hockey fan, and not a delusional Habs fan like many, you can clearly see that the Flyers are a better overall team than we were this year. They are finally healthy right now, and it shows how talented they are with so many 1st round picks.

Like them, hate them, or don’t follow them because they’re not our Habs. But just try and enjoy this fabulous series taking place south of the border. It’s a crazy series, one that includes every single element of great hockey. We havent seen 2 teams compete like this in the Finals with such equality in physicallity, defense, offence, and goaltending. Coaching is also looking even for that matter. Big name players are all over both teams. The games are played with such excitement. Enjoy it people….

My favorite player is Mike Richards. So, if I’m going to cheer for his success I kind of have to cheer for his team. When we played Philly, it was all about us. I couldn’t care less about the Flyers, I wanted the Cup. Now that were eliminated, I have to go for my boy. The Hawks are also a team I wanted to see go to the Finals; how can you hate them? They’re young, exciting, and stars. But, I’m wearing my Richards jersey today cuz I want him to have the Cup. If Toews gets it, it’s alright cuz he’s a real good guy. But, I’d rather Mike gets it, lol…

Here’s to a great game 4.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack