Flyers find life

Now THAT was playoff hockey.

• Flyers were due some bounces – Cam Cole

Game 3 breakdown – James Mirtle

Quotes

Flyers used to bouncing back – Scott Burnside

And Mathias Brunet of La Presse offers a positive take on the Canadiens’ scouting department.

1. habsguy says:

Mike Richards is the biggest cheap shot dirt bag in hockey…..personally the only reason I watch the cheap shot flyers is to see if Buff lays one of them out,  it would be nice to see someone end Richards carrer with a head shot,  kind of a pay back for what he’s done over the years,  and I mean a real good one that ends it instantly.

How you can compare him to Toews is beyond me!!!!!

2. TomNickle says:

This is getting sickening.  I’m from Canada.  But I don’t make every Canadian player out to be a hero.  Hossa may not be a merc but he certainly chased money around.

Remember why Atlanta couldn’t keep him? Remember why Ottawa couldn’t keep him?  And it had a lot less to do with the potential of winning a Stanley Cup than it did money.  If he wanted a Cup so damn badly, he would’ve signed in Pittsburgh for $4 million/season and play with the best passer in the world.

Slovakian hockey players aren’t heroes, and they aren’t villains.  They are regular people.  If they follow money, it doesn’t make them bad people, and that’s universal, not specific to one country or continent.

Saying where he’s signed contracts isn’t about money is nonsense.  Like I just said, if he did sign for money, it doesn’t make him a bad person.  But you and your countrymen on this site are developing a nasty habit of trying to make role models and heroes out of Slovakian hockey players by depicting them as selfless, team first leaders who are driven only by Cup aspirations.  Money has just as much to do with their decisions as the potential of winning.

3. JF says:

Good post.  I also was glad to see the Flyers win. First, a sweep in the final would be a lame finish to a great post-season.  Even more, the Flyers deserved to win last night, also Game 2.  They have been the better team so far in this series and perhaps the best team throughout the post-season.  They played one bad game against us, and they were not great in the first game against the Hawks.  Otherwise, they have been playing consistently well, even when they were down 0-3 to Boston.  I’m still bitter about our loss to them, but I can’t hate them for winning; they were clearly the better team.  I’m bitter because after our great performances against Washington and Pittsburgh, the team did not live up to my expectations against Philly.  I think we could have played a lot better.

But this is one thrilling series, and whichever team wins, I shall enjoy watching them hoist the Cup and celebrate their triumph.  Whichever team it is, it’s a great feeling.

4. c.robillard says:

This win makes my prediction of Hawks in 6 closer to reality.

Go Habs Go

and since they’re out, Go Hawks Go, second favorite team right now.

5. mike g says:

Nice to see the Flyers win a game last night, this is shaping up to be one serious Final…

I know alot of us are still bitter about the fact that Philly is playing for the Cup instead of us. It’s tough, it really is. But if you are an honest hockey fan, and not a delusional Habs fan like many, you can clearly see that the Flyers are a better overall team than we were this year. They are finally healthy right now, and it shows how talented they are with so many 1st round picks.

Like them, hate them, or don’t follow them because they’re not our Habs. But just try and enjoy this fabulous series taking place south of the border. It’s a crazy series, one that includes every single element of great hockey. We havent seen 2 teams compete like this in the Finals with such equality in physicallity, defense, offence, and goaltending. Coaching is also looking even for that matter. Big name players are all over both teams. The games are played with such excitement. Enjoy it people….

My favorite player is Mike Richards. So, if I’m going to cheer for his success I kind of have to cheer for his team. When we played Philly, it was all about us. I couldn’t care less about the Flyers, I wanted the Cup. Now that were eliminated, I have to go for my boy. The Hawks are also a team I wanted to see go to the Finals; how can you hate them? They’re young, exciting, and stars. But, I’m wearing my Richards jersey today cuz I want him to have the Cup. If Toews gets it, it’s alright cuz he’s a real good guy. But, I’d rather Mike gets it, lol…

Here’s to a great game 4.

6. 8Canada says:

I totally agre with you Mike. I’m glad there are other Habs fans that can see from a neutral perspective. Thats what I always shift to once my favorite team is eliminated. Why keep pouting? I really like the Flyer’s style of play and I hope they will win the cup. Either way it will be an awesome game!

7. NoTinFoilCups says:

Didn’t Ottawa sign Volchenkov over the winter?

8. SlovakHab says:

I have always liked Hossa. It was the Ottawa Senators, and he loved to play there, to trade him away. He didn’t want to leave, but he had to. The same thing with being traded to the Penguins – if he wanted to be a Penguin, he would have signed a contract there. Then he gave up a lot of money to play for the Wings – just to get a chance for the SC. Then, after it was clear he couldn’t fit into a long-term plans with the Wings, he went on to the Blackhawks for another chance for a Stanley Cup.

A mercenary with no loyalty?

Nope.

A player who is loyal to winning, to the Stanley Cup dream, and to a team he likes (and he liked Ottawa, Red Wings and clearly Chicago).

9. habssince1909 says:

Please please please may the Hawks win the Cup – I cannot stand the very idea of the Flyers winning it…I do not want to see them skating around hoisting the cup – GO HAWKS GO…….

10. Exit716 says:

I love the Gretzky one for one reason. It shows how tiny the goaltenders and their equipment were 25 years ago.

Holy cow. Look closely at Billy Smith and you swear Gretzky’s got a soccer net to shoot at.

11. Bugs says:

Disregarding the fact that we already HAVE small but speedy unproductive forwards, he’s always injured.

I dunno, Robi…

Agitated but regulated, I aspire as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Undersecretary of North-East Division Propaganda Bureau, Section Chief of Flannel Department, and Field Operative for Habsbros Data Dissemination Services: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

12. Bugs says:

As opposed to saying how much he LOVED Mtl while playing for Philly?

Now why would a player say such a thing…?

Agitated but regulated, I aspire as

13. c.robillard says:

Does anybody think Raffi Torres would be a good UFA to sign this summer? He’s got size and grit, but I just haven’t seen him play enough to have a complete idea of the type of player he is.

Thoughts?

14. ManApart says:

You talk like i am scared Pleks will leave because i have a crush on him like some do on Price. I’m not like the Price fanboys. It’s about the team.I feel he is a very valuable part of the team and I don’t see a way to replace him. If we sign Marleau, I’m happy to let Pleks walk.

i’ve not liked the Gomez deal, not for childish reasons, like you seem to think. But because the guy is way overpayed and frankly is not that good.I’ve not liked Gainey, because he was a bad Gm IMO, that jerked this team around for the bettter part of 6 years. Your statement that he is the most talented forward in our division is just silly. The guy has hands of stone around the net and isn’t that smart of a player. How can a 12g, 55 point guy be the best player in our division? Are you sick? He’s a very good skater and puck carrier and that stands out to people who can’t see deeper into the game. Pleks had a way better regular season and wasn’t far off in the playoffs. what did Gomez have, like 3 more points and less goals? Also he’s not nearly the 2 way guy Pleks is. if Pleks underachieved, then Gomez was a complete bust, comparitively, being the number one center with all the PP time. Gomez is one of the most overrated players in the NHL. Everyone knows that. He’s a nice player, but an elite? You are getting back to your Price is the greatest delusional days. Those days were embarrassing.I hope you’re not relapsing into hysteria again, for our sake.

15. ArmyFan says:

As true hockey fans, are we not supposed to frown upon all rule infractions ;) LOL

I wasn’t saying it was either good or bad – just putting forth my theory on how he seems to get away with doling out so much punishment, particularly in front of the net.  I’d love to have him play for the Habs.

But mostly I wanted to point out that he is EVIL….(as in e-VIL – emphasis on the “VIL”)….

16. HabsFanInTampa says:

You say all that like it’s a bad thing (in hockey). Just by reading your post, I wish Pronger played for the Habs.

Well. The only way they can get better is by winning the ECF next year.

18. ArmyFan says:

Pronger gets away with it because he does it with no emotion.  His face doesn’t change, there’s no commotion or outburst – because he’s so large that knocking a guy down with a crosscheck is effortless to him.  Harder for the refs to see unless they’re looking right at him.

Mostly, though, it’s because he is PURE EVIL in human form. Look at his beady little eyes…….

19. ArmyFan says:

I have always hated Hossa.  First it was simply because he was an Ottawa Senator, and over the last few years it’s because he’s been like a mercenary with no loyalty, jumping from team to team in a futile chase for the Cup.

But after watching him play in this series I have a new-found respect for the guy.

20. pmaraw says:

except the last time philly beat us, they had biron and all he could talk about was how much he hated montreal and was a nordique fan.

21. habs4later says:

As for your Gomez point.  You’ve become so nervous that Pleks won’t be retained that you’ve developed a hate for Gomez.  He’s clearly, and I mean clearly our most skilled forward.  His combination of speed, hands, vision and passing ability are far and away the best in our division let alone our team.  That doesn’t speak too highly of our division, but I’ll take it and not bitch like a 12 year old boy who’s been grounded by his parents.

You can’t be serious! you think a player scoring 12 goals at 7.3 mil is a good deal??

please give your head a shake.  you need a lobotomy!  bette still  a brain transplant!

22. SeriousFan09 says:

He certainly didn’t seem sorry about what he did when he ‘went over the edge’, Richards tries to make sure his armour-like pads are involved in every hit he makes and he does love a good elbowing.

The media made head shots a topic of discussion because no one has taken the head trauma issue seriously in the NHL. Players careers have been altered or ruined because no one has considered the simple fact that a concussion is a brain injury and that your brain is who you are. In two years, Eric Lindros had his life altered permanently thanks to criminally irresponsible action by Flyers medical staff where they tossed him back on the ice the day after every time got ‘his bell rung’ as they say.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

23. TomNickle says:

To your first point.   We have several NHL players that were developed here after being drafted that are doing well in the NHL, and you know that.  They weren’t all retained by the team for different reasons, but they’re out there, and that’s a fact.  Hainsey, Komisarek, Ryder, just to name a couple.

Pleks underachieved just as much as he’s overachieved and fortunately for him he’s going to cash in.  Good for him.  Whether it be here or somewhere else.  It doesn’t mean he’s more skilled than Gomez and doesn’t mean he’s more valuable.

Look around the league James.  There are at least 20 teams in worse shape when it comes to prospects and player development than us.  At least.

You’ve had a hate on for Gainey since that Gomez trade because it was writing on the wall that Pleks was a goner.  He might be, and that pisses you off.

24. ManApart says:

Are you serious?Player development is terrible. Look at the roster. How many players have been developed and flourished? Very few. Subban was the only big one, but he was going to be good no matter what. Halak was a good success. No top 6 forwards ever. Few bottom 6. Had to even trade for a good 3rd liner center. Our 4th liner was picked up on waivers. Traded for Pyatt and signed Moen. This teams track record regarding drafting and developping has been atrocious. LOL, Maxwell has no future with this team, forget it.

As for Gainey leaving the team in better shape. Was there anyway it could have gotten worse? A monkey could have improved things. Overall, he only did marginally better his first 5 years. Finally anyone in the world that would think Trading for Gomez was a good decision is crazy. Looking from a purely financial perspective, he is crippling this team. Now guys like Pleks, the goalies, Markov in the future etc. are a lot harder to hold onto and the guy is barely can score 15 goals and 60 points. It’s a joke really.

25. Bugs says:

Wishlist for any NHL team or us?

If you mean any NHL team, ok, whatever, but Kovalchuk at 8???

If you mean us, 1) you wanna add 5 mil on the payroll in shot-blocking to Gill and Gorges?

2) Ok.

3) Feh. Got Moore and Moen.

4) Meh. Unreliable.

5) Sure. But why leave Detroit City?

6) Ok.

7) Haw-haw! Joking, of course. Overrated nobody.

8) Ilya at 8??? I’d have him 1 with an asterisk AND a gold star.

9) Ridiculous. We have personnel.

10) Seidenberg is dealing in beads; we have personnel. Chris mason…why? Nonsensical. We got Price. If Price leaves, we’re not gonna replace’m with Mason or else we woulda KEPT Price. We want a num2, not another kid fightin for num1. C’mon, Darth.

I’d take Biron. Cheap, reliable, proud, smart, would fit right in, imo.

Agitated but regulated, I aspire as

26. TomNickle says:

Or just watch the way Marian Hossa has played over the last two games.

27. ArmyFan says:

I saw it last night for the first time, and felt the same way.

And to all those who suggest that winning the Stanley Cup means nothing to European players — watch for the clip of Teemu Selanne, overcome with emotion after winning it.

28. TomNickle says:

Holy Christ you would think doomsday is coming the way you post.  Do you have some sort of agenda to oust Gainey?  Are you Pierre Mcguire?

We aren’t at the top of the list when it comes to player development.  But we sure as hell aren’t anywhere near the bottom.

The cupboard isn’t nearly as bare as you make it out to be.  Plekanec came into the NHL after having similar seasons that Ben Maxwell’s had in the AHL.  Pleks turned out ok.

He didn’t sink this ship.  He left it in MUCH better shape than what it was when he got here.  Whether that be drafting, free agents, player development or money issues. it’s ALL BETTER THAN WHAT IT WAS WHEN HE TOOK OVER.

What long term impact of bad Gainey decisions are you talking about?  Trading for Gomez?  Our most skilled player.  Signing Brian Gionta, our next captain?  Signing Mike Cammalleri, our next 40 goal scorer?

Go lay down until the feeling goes away.

29. TomNickle says:

Go lay down until the feeling goes away.

30. G-Man says:

Don’t swing that stick: a nice two-handed cross-check at his jaw. Then, I’ll be happy.

31. G-Man says:

Sorry, man. These Flyers are goons that are NHL certified. The refs should call Pronger’s many infractions, but, because they are effing idiots, they don’t. Carcillo belongs in the circus. Hartnell is the bearded lady. Richards is a hit-from-behind – piece-of- excrement. Briere is a giant douche on skates.

The rest are just players, but they remain the Flyers. And, being Flyers, my hate is as natural as the butt-kicking they received at the hands of the ’76 Habs.

32. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Laviolette has ‘civilized’ them a bit …enough where I am indifferent which team wins

…but watching Our’s and this Chicago-Philthy series is increasing My pain We chose Fischer over Giroux

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

33. TomNickle says:

Volchenkov is pretty much in D.C. now.  I would be surprised if a tampering charge didn’t come out of this.  You may as well strike him off your list with our number on the back end anyway.

Marleau is size in the middle but he’ll be seeking a long term deal and I highly doubt that he would agree to play in a pressure packed market.  Not only that, but he had a career season.  He’ll get $7 million annually on the open market.  Habs won’t pay that when they can have Pleks for $6 million annually, nor should they.

Mitchell, see Volchenkov.

Michalek….interesting idea but I think management is making a conscious effort to become more North American and he doesn’t have the grit that the team wants going into the future.

Holmstrom…..way too slow to play on this team.  Way too slow.

Armstrong……perfect fit but I’d be shocked if Burke doesn’t make cap room to throw $4 million/year at him.  And he isn’t worth that much.

Chris Mason won’t sign as a backup.  He’ll either take less to remain the starter in St.Louis or a team needing a #1 will give him a lowball offer that he’ll take.(San Jose, Edmonton, Columbus).

Ponikarovsky….see Michalek.

Kovalchuk…..I still think our club is a dark horse here.  Funny thing is.  You’ve basically got to trade Markov to make that happen and I would think that Markov would be the only attraction for Kovalchuk other than money and fame.

Hamhuis….excellent player but we need somebody on the back end who can play the right side effectively.  He isn’t that guy.

Seidenberg is a shot blocker, we have 2 of the best.  Not worth the $2 million + he’ll receive on the open market.

34. G-Man says:

Careful, HH, your optimism is showing. Not.

35. ManApart says:

Richards can be dirty at times, but is a great player to have on your team. He’s twice the player Gomez is.

36. ManApart says:

I agree. The Habs are in trouble, because of cap issues and the lack of prospect forwards who are ready to fill a top 6 spot. If Pleks is lost and the K-bros are traded, that leaves some huge holes on an already weak offensive team. I think we are starting to see the long term impact of Gainey’s decisions. Hopefully PG has a plan to get us out of a hole.

37. puck face says:

who’s on drums ?

Volchenkov would be a great addition.

The Habs could trade the Kostitsyns, and maybe get something for either Price or Halak.

I still think the Habs are going to get worse before they get better.

39. pic1983 says:

uch, I find them so easy to hate hahah

I just hate pronger with a passion.  I wouldnt mind him if he just played dirty, but he plays dirty, rarely gets called or properly suspended for his antics, and on top of all that, he spends the whole game whining to the refs!

I cant stand danny briere, I cant stand scott hartnell.  Love Mike Richards, although I think he needs to learn have more respect for his fellow players, and stop always trying to injure people.

As much as id love to see Marian Hossa be branded as a “curse” (only because its never happened before, I actually have nothing against hossa), i just have too much dislike for philly.

40. longtimehabsfan says:

Let’s face it, Habs need Marleau but you know, I know, and all Habs fans know they will not pay for him and even if they were willing to pay, he’s not coming.

41. ManApart says:

And watch this team set a new record for offensive futility and get a top 5 pick in the 2011 draft.

42. crabvader says:

That’s why I called it a wish list.

43. ooder says:

just letting you know this is not the first time  richards has thrown a cheap hit like that,he did the same thing to kovy 2 years ago, and before that he did to a guy in atlanta.

obviosuly the nhl is inept and allowed it to continue till Booth ended up in the hopsital

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

44. pic1983 says:

Unless we manage to dump a ton of salary, the free-agency route isnt going to be an option for us this summer.

45. longtimehabsfan says:

Sign two of Lombardi, Armstrong and Malhotra should we lose both Moore and Pleks.

46. mike g says:

I would like to congratulate the NHL.

This years “History will be made” commercials have gotten mixed reviews. They started off like a cannon, allowing us to relive and see just how magnificent and special certain players/victories actually were in the past Stanley Cup playoffs. Then, they started creating some with the current teams/players involved, and IMO ruined some of the history attached to their “History will be made slogan”. Some plays and players were worthy of their own commercials; Jaro Halak, the Flyers’ comeback from 0-3, and a few others. But, most of them seemed plain and boring. Nothing really seemed like history in most of the commercials. It actually seemed like the NHL was just trying to grasp every instant clutch play, goal or save, and make it into a commercial hoping it would become part of a Cup run for that given team. It backfired, because if you watch them now, you realise that most of those plays won’t be remembered nearly as much as those from the past.

But the NHL has successfully got me, and probably you too, smiling again. Their newest commercial named “No Words”, shows a bunch of players who’ve won the Cup in the past. They show them totally speechless in an interview, unable to describe the feeling while fighting back tears. It’s incredible, and gives me the goosebumps each time. That’s what the playoffs are about. When you see grown men fighting back tears, it’s because it means something.

Thank you NHL.

47. crabvader says:

FA wishlist, top 10:

1. Anton Volchenkov

2. Patrick Marleau (let’s face it, he’s size down the middle)

3. Willie Mitchell (if you can’t get Volchenkov)

4. Zbynek Michalek (I would be tempted to even have him at #3 instead of Mitchell)

5. Tomas Holmstrom

6. Colby Armstrong

7. Alexei Ponikarovsky (A bit of a gamble… I think he needs a bigger role to be succesful)

8. Ilya Kovalchuk (Not a huge selection to go from… I’d do it if I could spare the cash)

9. Dan Hamhuis

10. Dennis Seidenberg or Chris Mason*

*In the unlikely scenario that we can only afford to keep Price and let go of Halak, I would like Mason over Turco to mentor Price because I don’t really think Turco brings anything new to Price’s repertoire. They both handle the puck extremely well and Marty’s unconventional style won’t be a good match for Price. Chris Mason likes to keep things simple with good positionning and puck vision. Those are two things I think Price could improve upon. What’s better is that if Price hits a mini-slump, Mason is a more than capable replacement.

48. Ghosts of the Forum says:

I can’t do it!  I just can’t!!

49. Habitant in Surrey says:

…something genetic about a lifelong Habs’ Fan by instinct detesting a Philthydelphia Phlyer team …BUT, gotta say, THESE Philthyboyz are HARD to hate like in ‘the ol’ dayz’

…Toews and his young-guns are compelling …but Philthy has the French-connection, …as a team have great character and play tough-nutz never-quit Canadian hockey …THIS time, without going over-the-edge

…just ‘something’ ’bout that sweater that would make My skin crawl watching them hold The Cup

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

50. homerbowen says:

While I hope he Hawks win it in 7 I do love the Flyers if for no reason other than what they did in terms of intimidation to the Toronto Maple Laffs back in the 70`s. The Laff`s bus would pull up to the Spectrum and the driver would turn the bus off yet the bus continued to shake for the next 10 mins until the Laffs got up to exit the bus. We want 7 games please.

51. Psycho29 says:

As much as I hate Scott Hartnell when he plays against the Habs, I’d take him on my team anytime….

He and Carcillo and Richards keep the opposition on their toes when they are on the ice.

52. ReverendJim says:

They actually listed Dominic Moore as a D. W.T.F.

53. mike g says:

I think you just hate the Flyers, and think of them historically as goons, and always will.

This Flyers team isn’t even a fraction of the Broad Street Bullies. This team can play hockey, and they do it very well. Have you seen Asham or Carcillo going overboard? NO.

The only guy that you can say has and always goes overboard, is Prongs. Like him or hate him, he knows what he’s doing though. He knows he can slash a guy and the ref won’t even remember it a minute later. So, if he’s allowed, why not do it? If you were competing for the Cup, and the refs let you slash everyone without getting penalized, wouldn’t you do it too?

I understand you don’t like how the rules change come the Finals. Neither do I, but it’s like that now and it has always been. And it sucks to say it, but it always will be.

54. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Richards is a dirty little punk.  The guy always hits with his elbows up and loves blind-siding people.

55. habs001 says:

the top 4 d men  for the flyers are very good at keeping the puck in the offensive zone…passing the puck and setting up shots ..we really lacked in this d support for our forwards…gill,gorges,obyrne,mara have no playmaking abilities ..mab can do some but mostly on the pp…spacek and hammer had this ability when they were younger but now are limited…markov was injured a lot and when he came back his timing was off as was seen by many bad pinches he got caught on. hopefully pk can help next year… with the flyers type of d i believe even our 3rd and 4th lines who are full of offensively challenged forwards would have scored a lot more and this type of d would have made our top forwards even more dangerous

56. AndyF says:

The Flyers’ Rollerball style of hockey highlights everything  that’s wrong with this league.

Clean play and class take a back seat to dirty and dangerous play.  Guys like Pronger and Richards regularly flaunt their complete lack of respect for other players’ careers. The league completely forgets its rulebook, and wrings its little rat-hands in glee when it gets good ratings from fans that don’t know the difference between the UFC and the NHL.

Shame on the NHL for being such ratings whores.   And shame on the Players’ Association for not taking a stronger stand on the kind of cheap play that the Flyers practice.

AndyF

57. notbigbird says:

I have always hated the Flyers but for the most part, I respect this version. I think Laviolette has stopped some of the unnecessary goonery, and they’re playing with awesome intensity. That being said, I will cheer against them every time.

58. SLONCOLD says:

pronger should be called for a crosschecking every second play. i hope some one turns around one day and swings a stick at his head and then says ooops it’s good canadian emotion/hockey…..

59. mike g says:

It happened once, let it go…

Just because the media made “head shots” into the biggest story in hockey since Gretzky went to L.A., doesn’t mean anything. Andy Sutton cross-checked Pascal Dupis straight in the mouth this year. Blood everywhere, lost teeth, and clearly a gesture where Sutton knew what he was doing and what the consequence would be. But, he was only suspended 2 games and nothing was made of it.

Chris Pronger gives cheapshots. Mike Richard’s incident happened once. He doesn’t hit with flying elbows, or with his knee out, or do anything dirty. He just plays and extrealy intense and hard game. With that type of style, you are constantly playing on the edge. And when you play on the edge, it’s only a matter of time before you slip off. That doesn’t mean he does it on purpose or plans it.

60. mike g says:

Most people hate the way the Flyers play.

It’s understandable, because it’s sometimes a cheap and dirty style. But, they understand one simple thing; come the Cup Finals, nothing is called. They know that they can get away with anything in the Finals, so they built their team for this specific time of the year.

It’s frustrating to see them succeed I guess, because we watch 82 games of “New NHL” hockey and this is totally different. But they understand how the rules change and build that way.

61. pic1983 says:

I hate the flyers because they are one of the dirtiest teams I have ever seen, they get away with pretty much everything, and yet they still sit there whining to the refs all game long!

I dont care if Pronger was good in the gold medal final, he’s such a classless and arrogant individual and such a dirty, whiny player, that Im ashamed he even won gold with us.  I cant even believe that this guy whines to the refs all game long because he should be getting 10 penalties a game at least!

The one thing I was finally glad to see was when philly FINALLY got called for intentionally taking the net off.  They did it multiple times against the habs and never got called once!

The flyers dont deserve to win a stanley cup and neither do their fans.  Hawks were la creme de la creme all season long, and to lose because the refs give the flyers a free pass would be a real shame.

62. habsguy says:

*career*

63. habs03 says:

“You are just a simple little boy”

64. mike g says:

I never called you out.

I was just stating that you are probably ignorant for basically ignoring 29 teams in a 30 team league. That will usually not amount to a great mass of intelligence about the NHL, or it’s players. Yet, most people that only follow the Habs think they’re always right when commenting on other teams and players.

Let’s put it this way. If you invest in the stock market, are you only going to follow the stock or stocks that you initially invested in? Or are you always going to look/follow for better ones, and buy some shares from companies that offer a better chance of profit?

65. Storm Man says:

Those of us that appreeciate your lack of intelligence, Would relish your silence.

66. Storm Man says:

It was not you…. As for how to be a stock broker I would say I have that covered as that is my living.

67. mike g says:

Ouuu, nice.

68. SLONCOLD says:

that explains the state of the economy i guess lol i’m just busting balls and kidding

69. Storm Man says:

I realize it’s too late, But have you ever entertained the idea of thinking before you type? I would like you to find a post of mine where I’m calling someone out.

70. SmartDog says:

1. What’s the most you’re willing to spend on Plekanec to keep him? If you would rather let him go, no matter the price, how would you replace him?

HE’S IMPORTANT. I’D GIVE HIM 4.5 MILL FOR 3-4 YEARS OR 5.25 MILL FOR 2 YEARS

2. Price or Halak? Or both? If you choose one, what would you do with the other?

NO-ONE CAN SAY WHO WILL BE BETTER. BOTH HAVE HIGH POTENTIAL… SO SHAKE THE ONE YOU CAN GET THE MOST FOR, PERIOD.

3. Glen Metropolit or Dominic Moore? Why?

MOORE – SIGN FOR 3-4 YEARS. YOUNGER, GOT BETTER IN THE PLAYOFFS.  I LOVE METRO THOUGH.

4. Benoit Pouliot (rfa) won’t be expensive to resign, what do you think his potential is for next season? How would you approach his situation in order to get the best out of him?

HE NEEDS A GIANT INJENCTION OF CONFIDENCE. GET HIM A MENTOR. WORK WITH HIM 1-ON-1. TRAIN THE HELL OUT OF HIM. SHOW HIM WHAT HE CAN DO, MAKE HIM BELIEVING IN HIMSELF. WITH THE RIGHT SUPPORT HE’S A FIRST LINE FORWARD ON ANY TEAM. WITHOUT THE RIGHT HELP, HE’S A 15 GOAL GUY.  NO OTHER PLAYER IS IN SUCH CRITICAL NEED OF SUPPORT/COACHING/DISCIPLINE… PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE… OR HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BENEFIT FROM IT.

5. Should the Brothers K stay or go? What would be fair value for them in a trade (as a package, or individually)?

GO, GO, GO!!!  GO FOR A STRONG PROSPECT ON A TEAM WITH A GOOD SYTEM THAT NEEDS PLAYERS NOW.

6. Who do you make captain? Who should be the assistants?

CAMMALLERRI. ALWAYS TALKING, ALWAYS LEADING. ASSISTANTS: GIONTA, GORGES, PLEKS (IF HE’S STILL HERE)

7. With coaching jobs currently available in Tampa, Columbus, Atlanta and New Jersey, what would you do to retain Guy Boucher and Kirk Muller?

ANYTHING!!!  ONLY ONE CAN BECOME HEAD COACH, SO PROMISE THAT TO THE ONE YOU THINK IS BEST. PAY THEM BOTH BIG BUCKS.  LISTEN TO THEM. INVOLVE THEM IN ALL ‘BUILDING’ DECISIONS, SHOW YOU’RE SERIOUS ABOUT A CUP.

8. What is the most pressing need for the Canadiens (A top centre? A power-forward? A capable and experienced back-up? A franchise defenseman? Size on the bottom 6?)?

A TOP CENTER IDEALLY.  BUT WITH PLEKS-GOMER IN PLACE (IF THEY’RE BOTH HERE) A GRITTY POWER FORWARD.

9. How much will Maxim Lapierre earn next season?

$1.3?

10. Negotiate with Andrei Markov after July 1? Wait until he’s back from injury to evaluate him? Use him as trade bait at the deadline?

TWO CHOICES: EXTEND HIS CONTRACT AT A SLIGHTLY LOWER RATE, OR TRADE HIM WHEN YOU CAN GET THE MOST FOR HIM (PROBABLY AT TRADE DEADLINE).

————————————————————-

Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

71. Le Jadester says:

1) 4.5 Mil. - Replace with Moore and save the Money and Cap Space for future opportunities

2) Trade Halak – He is worth more on the Market and won’t fetch as much money off of the ice.  The Serious Hockey Fans will go Bonkers though.  It’s already been written, Price is the Franchise goalie, like it or not. Habs Executive Managers have already decided it.  Price makes Molsons more money as he is a poster boy for the team (i.e. along with Cammy, Gill, Gio, Gomez, Lappy etc. – Excellent for marketing to the kids and girlies, like Ronaldo going to Real from Man U. and making his transfer fee of 110 Mil in Jersey sales alone)

3) Moore, No brainer IMO.

4) BP, One more chance, keep him for a year or two.  Should be pretty cheap since he “effed” himself with his poor Playoff performance, but will probably help in the regular season as he looks to bounce back.  He must go into the gym and pump some serious effen iron this offseason though !

5) K- Bros are gone unfortunately in my mind.  Joke Martin again royally effed these two up IMO.  I think GM’s around the league are salavating at the fact that they are going to get these two for cheap and with a chip on their shoulders.  Trading opportunities are endless with a variety of teams.  Just hope they don’t go to a Division rival.

6) Gio – C, Georges – A and Cammy – A and Lappy – A

7) If we let those two go because that useless piece of garbage is still coaching, then it is obvious…….morons are running the club that have other agendas and objectives. He will never win a cup. He’s a born loser and wannabe. History has shown it and the future will prove it.

8) Power Forward

9) Should get 1.5 mil.  I think he earned it with a decent and memorable playoff run.

10) Markie unfortunately will be traded IMO and that’s that. Its too bad for me since he is my favourite current Hab.  I can’t see to many Euros (more specifically Russians) playing for this club in the future under this new regime (mabey not a bad thing though).

Thanks for the opportunity to share !

Habs, OLE !

72. TomNickle says:

1. $5 million.  Not a penny more.

2. If it’s a choice between the two.  I would keep the goalie that signs for the longest term.

3. I give Markov a lot of credit for the team’s turnaround after the Olympics, but when you look at what Dominic Moore brought to the ice every night after being traded for, he’s a no brainer.  I would give him $2 million annually to keep him.  He’s that good in my eyes.

4. Smart Dog hit the nail on the head with Pouliot.  We see effort but almost just as important, we see world class skill.  He needs confidence and conditioning.  It will help quite a bit in the upcoming season if he isn’t benched or relegated to the 4th line for one turnover or missed assignment.  The potential reward on this player is so much higher than the downfall that  a few turnovers in regular season games cost you.

5. The Kostitsyns are as good as gone.  I think it becomes a Latendresse/Pouliot situation where we take another team’s problem.  Since we need big forwards I would say that Penner, Lupul, Horton, Comeau and others like them are probably what the return would be for roster players.  Pierre Gauthier may just send them packing for something as high as a 2nd & 4th round picks though.

6. I think Brian Gionta has to be the captain.  There are never any highs and lows with him.  He’s just business like all the time and knows how to compete all of the time and win.  I would give Hal Gill, Andrei Markov and Scott Gomez the assistant captain duties and then give Mike Cammalleri one the following year when Gill is gone.

7.  Both of them get raises immediately.  It speaks quite highly of Kirk Muller that management cleaned house at the conclusion of last season and he won the survivor contest.  Guy Boucher shouldn’t be let go but shouldn’t be given the keys to the city either.  At the end of the day, we have a very good head coach with the big club and a very good coach on the farm, the way it should be.

8. We need two forwards that are skilled who get their noses dirty and have an impact physically.  They don’t have to be 6’5 or 6’4 and be 240 pounds.  But we need two players who will make opposing defensemen scared to go into their corner for the puck and scared to get nasty with our other skilled forwards.

9. Max Lapierre and Tom Pyatt get similar deals I think.  Right around $1 million each for a 2-3 year term.  I don’t think it’s about money with Max.  I can’t see him wanting to play anywhere else.  Funny how he was able to keep his nose clean through the last couple of years when others on the team at his age were getting in trouble.

10. If this team wants to be able to repeat this post-season success, Markov has to factor into the equation and I would offer him a front loaded contract worth BIG MONEY to keep him here for the rest of his career at a good cap hit.  8 years  $40 million?  Pay out $20 million in the first two years?  I like it.

73. TomNickle says:

1. $5 million.  Not a penny more.

74. HFX-HabFan says:

1- I doubt Pleks’ agent is in favour of a hometown discount, so he must be signed before July 1 if we hope to see him stay.  I wouldn’t do more than 4.5 mil annually for 4 years.  If he hits the open market, he’s gone.

2- I think both will stay, but if I had to trade one I’d deal Halak because his value is higher and some GM out there would be willing to overpay.  Fetch an experienced veteran either as the return or via the free agent market, one who can mentor Price and platoon with him if necessary.

3- Moore for sure.  Hard to say goodbye to Metro but another team will likely give him a shot.  Having Moore as our third line centre would be awesome.  I’d give him between 1 and 2 mil annually for two more years.  He competes every night, is surprisingly strong along the boards, and is a smart two-way player.  He was one of the few guys I noticed every time in every game of the playoffs.  That says something.

4- Pouliot will definitely be cheap.  Giving him a full year here with a legitimate chance to flourish on the top line is ideal.  I still see him as a 25G, 25A guy.  He won’t be a power forward but he can still learn to use his size to his advantage.  I’m in favour of bringing up Pacioretty if the K brothers go, and if we have the chance, to allow Pouliot and MaxPac to rotate between the Gomez and Moore lines (first and third lines) based on who has the hot hand.

5- Get them out of here.  Sergei is a lost cause in Montreal, and Andrei unfortunately is not giving good return either.  If we’re paying three and a half million for a second line winger, that winger has to give us 20-30 goals and come to compete every night.  AK46 unfortunately has that “enigma” label attached to him now.  I don’t want guys who only show up every four games being considered one of our go-to guys.  I’d much rather have a Nathan Horton in my top six.

6- Gio for captain, Gill and Gorges as assistants.

7- I honestly see both Boucher and Muller remaining in their current positions for next season; the summer after will be the one where we really need to have this discussion.

8- A tough top six forward, preferably a right handed shot who can give us 25 goals.  In my perfect world, we dump the K brothers, resign Pleks at a hometown discount, move Hammer’s salary, and get Nathan Horton to round out our top six.

9- I give Lapierre 1.1 million.  Sign him to a three year deal that will take him to unrestricted free agency by the time that contract expires.

10- Maintain communication with Markov but don’t get into serious negotiations until he returns to the lineup.  Gauthier might be different from Gainey in that he will likely negotiate during the season.  It is crucial that we extend Markov for the rest of his prime years.  A 4 or 5 year extension sounds good to me.

75. pic1983 says:

No more than $4 million/yr.  If a team wants to pay him $5, they can knock themselves out.  Committing $11 million/year in cap hit to two undersized centers who play a similar style is already too much, to pay more than that would be downright ludicrous.  If we can somehow manage to get marleau for $6.5 million/yr I wouldn’t even consider keeping pleks.

Im not a big believer in making huge commitments in goal, I’d qualify both of them and see what happens to start next season.  If either signs an offer sheet over $3.25 million/yr, id gladly take the compensation (a 1st and 3rd round pick) and sign the other one to a 3 year deal at $3-3.5 million/yr.

Halak was lights-out for a while in the playoffs, but we have yet to see if he can handle a full season as a starter + the playoffs after.  After watching tim thomas sit on the bench all season, and watching all the “top” goaltenders on the golf course early this year, I just dont think its worth giving huge contracts to a goaltender.  Too much of a gamble at this point to get rid of either of them.

3. Glen Metropolit or Dominic Moore? Why?

Dominic Moore.  I believe hes younger, and I think he just brings more to the table overall.  Metro did some good things for us this year, but one of them has to go.

His disappearing act at the end of the season wasnt very encouraging, but hes still young, and hes got a good size frame.  I would make sure he’s working hard in the off-season so that his strength and conditioning are top notch.  As long as his conditioning is top notch, he has enough talent to one day be a 30 goal scorer, but then again, we have said that before about our prospects.

At this point they should just go.  We handled Sergei K extremely poorly, but I think the situation is too far out of control to keep him and get anything out of him.  Andrei I feel just cant handle the pressure in montreal, and he probably needs to be on a team with more russians because clearly hes having trouble adapting and becoming part of the team.  If we can flip both of them for a top-6 winger with size, I would do it in a heartbeat.

6. Who do you make captain? Who should be the assistants?

Gionta hands down.  No one cares more than he does.  Gorges gets an A for sure because I feel like hell be here long-term, and Markov gets the other A out of respect.

I love muller, but you cant go from player-freindly assistant coach to the big job, it generally just doesnt work. We have to keep Guy Boucher at all costs.  Martin was a good short-term fix, but we need to improve our player development, and Boucher is the man for the job.  Overpay him as an AHL coach, we can afford it.  Office staff dont count for the salary cap, so as a big market team, we need to use that to our advantage.

1. Physical Defenseman.  Our D may have size, but they are in no way physical.  Obviously Shea Weber would be at the top of my list, but thats not happening.  2. A physical top 6 forward who can score 25-30 per year.

9. How much will Maxim Lapierre earn next season?

I just like him way too much, and the way he played in the playoffs just goes to show that he’s capable.  $1.75 million/yr would be ideal for 3 years.

Our record with him in the line-up speaks for itself.  I’d try to extend him immediately, but if he wants too much money, we have to trade him early in the season to get full value.   A deadline day deal is useless, especially if were in playoff contention.

76. SeriousFan09 says:

Eric Engel’s 10 Questions from HockeyBuzz’s Canadiens section.

1. What’s the most you’re willing to spend on Plekanec to keep him? If
    you would rather let him go, no matter the price, how would you replace
    him?

2. Price or Halak? Or both? If you choose one, what would you do with
    the other?

3. Glen Metropolit or Dominic Moore? Why?

4. Benoit Pouliot (rfa) won’t be expensive to resign, what do you think
    his potential is for next season? How would you approach his situation
    in order to get the best out of him?

5. Should the Brothers K stay or go? What would be fair value for them
    in a trade (as a package, or individually)?

6. Who do you make captain? Who should be the assistants?

7. With coaching jobs currently available in Tampa, Columbus, Atlanta
    and New Jersey, what would you do to retain Guy Boucher and Kirk Muller?

8. What is the most pressing need for the Canadiens (A top centre? A
    power-forward? A capable and experienced back-up? A franchise
    defenseman? Size on the bottom 6?)?

9. How much will Maxim Lapierre earn next season?

10. Negotiate with Andrei Markov after July 1? Wait until he’s back from
    injury to evaluate him? Use him as trade bait at the deadline?

————–

1. Keep him for 4.5 or under a year. Replacement, go for a trade, Patrick Sharp from CHI preferably.

2. Both for another year I’d say.

3. Moore, younger, faster, Metropolit’s injury, age and likely price in FA makes Moore the better choice.

4. Keep him on, I think with an offseason o conditioning and fresh start next season, Canadiens can get something out of him.

5. Trade ‘em, for picks and move them to Chicago to acquire one of their players they can’t afford.

6. Gionta as Captain, Gorges, Gill as Assistants.

7. Give Boucher a guarantee provided his AHL success continues for next year, he can expect to move up in the organization. For Muller, best you can really do is offer an extension and raise, after being the ‘player’s coach’ for several years it would be hard to take over as the head man, probably not the best situation.

8. A gritty, physical top Six man, 25+ goals capable.

9. With his crappy regular season, probably around a million or less.

10. Negotiate after July 1st, cap-friendly deal over 5 years and ensure to maintain him in his remaining prime years, or even further if the cap balance works out.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

77. Mad Habber says:

1)What’s David Bolland getting paid? Should be around that price range..if not a little under it.

2) Oh boy, I’m going to get myself into troube. Price; Halak had a great play-offs but he faultered when the Habs dropped the defensive shell game in favor of a more attack style. I defend myself by saying that I believe Halak’s post-season perfromances was largely assisted by a defensive shot-blocking team that helped take away the top portions of the net, when they attack more and defended less, he did play so great. Secondly thanks to the huge media hype I believe Halak would get far better value then Price on the trade market.

3) More, Same reason you gave.

4) To bad he couldn’t be sent the the AHL without having to clear waivers. I think a little time there would do him good. Otherwise he is going to have to play top 2 line minutes or deal him.

5) Trade them as a package. Not sure what you’d get for them.

6) Gointa C, Georges A, Markov A

7) Don’t know..

8) Size in the top 6 that can score

9) Probably a million or so..

10) He needs to be re-signed.

78. Storm Man says:

Im glad to hear your have alot of Habs memorabilia, It shows your a true fan of the team. Im just sick of the handfull of trolls who come on here and say they cheer for the Habs but are first ones to dump them and cheer for other team when they lose.

79. mike g says:

I too dislike the bandwagon fans.

But I’ll tell you this: If I’d be a bandwagon fan, why the heck would I jump a cheer for the team that just eliminated us, lol? It would be dumb. But I already followed and liked Philly because of their captian.

Last year I couldn’t care less who won, I didn’t “cheer” for anyone. I don’t like or dislike  PIT and DET, I just cheered for a good series and it was. When the Pens won, I was like “Alright thats good”.

80. Storm Man says:

I like Giroux wish the Habs had him… But in all the sports I like hockey,football.baseball and soccer I cheer for one team and if my teams loses I cant watch other playoff game. I do follow in the papers and internet on what is going on and see the superstar players I wish my teams had.

81. mike g says:

What about Leino..

Kid was never drafted. Signed by the Wings, and then traded for a 7th defenseman and a 5th round pick.

Now in the playoffs, he’s averaging over a point per game.

82. Storm Man says:

I could make a case for 5 Flyers I would love to have play for the Habs…. As im not the GM it will never happen.

83. Mad Habber says:

It would be much more enjoyable to watch the Hawks hoist the cup then the scumbag Flyers…still not as enjoyable as it would’ve been to see the CH hoist it.

84. Storm Man says:

WOW name calling lol calm down grab yourself a beer and sit on your lazy boy and watch all the hockey you want. I cheer for one team and one team only. It’s a shame you don’t.

85. mike g says:

If you ever won a Cup or witnessed half the stuff they go through to win it, you’d understand why most of them cry once they win it.

They’re grown men, tough and full of stitches. They break bones every year, lose teeth, etc…Almost never a tear from their eyes. But, when they lift that Cup for the first time it really hits home. The feeling that goes through them is something you can’t even explain. Whether you like a certain player or not, it’s a fabulous moment. It is the best thing any hockey player or fan would want to win.

I wish every player would get to win it once. But maybe then, the feeling of “OMG, I actually won a Cup” would maybe lose abit of the “OMG”. The small amount of players that win it is what makes it that special I guess..

86. mike g says:

Seriously, you sound like a Red Sox fan…

Even worse, a Leafs fan. That’s how they act, if the Leafs are out then they don’t watch. Maybe you should follow once the Habs are out, it would help you understand how great other players and teams actually are. And then maybe it would help you appreciate how special it is when a team wins the Cup this year. And then maybe it will help you appreciate how special it is when the Habs win the Cup, next year?…   :)

lol

87. Storm Man says:

You are just a simple little boy, It’s shows as none of your favorite playes play or played for the Habs. Your more a fan of the game not a fan of the greatest team in hockey history. I do hope you have something better then talking about the Flyers on here. Here’s to you Mike Ganaria cheers.

88. c.robillard says:

You call him simple because he wants to learn everything there is to know about the League in general, while you only follow one team?

I think its you who simply limits your knowlegde by following only one team.

IMO, you should learn as much as possible about anything and everything , always.

89. mike g says:

Your favorite player doesn’t have to be a current or former Hab in order to qualify you as a Montreal Canadiens fan.

I’m 22 years old, who can my favorite player be? Koivu, Kovalev, Zednik, or Cammy? I like them all, but a favorite player is someone you idolize and try to play like. The guys I named were and are all great players, but never superstars. I cheered for them. But the Habs haven’t had a real superstar for the past 20 years, whcih is my generation.

And incase you are wondering, my whole room is filled with over 200 posters, figurines, flags, frames, autographs and memorabilia of one team; the Habs.

They are my #1 team

90. mike g says:

Bingo..

There are so many things to learn about the league and other teams, and it’s really fun. Watching how other teams deal with issues, play certain systems, draft, coach, etc…..It really helps to know a bunch when you follow the Habs as much as we do.

You realize how many little things are blown out of proportion here and made into front-page stories. Best example is the Latendresse trade. Why it’s a story that hasn’t been thrown in the garbage and burnt twice is beyond me.

91. Caballero says:

I totally agree with you. Ever since Briere’s comment really, I have hated Philly with a passion, Hartnell and co plus the fact that they have eliminated us twice in 5 games just adds to it. I was praying they would get swept. I am hoping they will be gone in 5.

92. jimmy shaker says:

OH, how I wished that Chicago could’ve swept these bums from Philly.  I mean the greasy little puke Richards and his big civ of a d-man dirty Pronger.  And to top it off, I love seeing Laviolette almost come to tears when he loses or gets a call go against him that he doesn’t like.  C’mon Chicago take it to them on Friday and go home with a chance to hoist the cup on home ice.  Memo to Toews…..get your head out of your arce!  Or is he hurt?  Stock and McLean were saying he might be hurt from a hit earlier in the game!

SHaker

93. TomNickle says:

Toews has been hurt since game 2 of the playoffs when he blocked a shot from my man Shea Weber, in my opinion.

Several times against Nashville, Vancouver and San Jose he would go to the ice wincing in pain and was very slow to get up.

Still the best player between the two teams at 50%

94. dh says:

When talking about pukes you forgot to mention Carcillo and Hartnell.

95. Storm Man says:

I love the sport, I dont sit around and watch every hockey game on tv. I have other hobbies in life.

96. adam76 says:

SO you claim to be a fan of the sport – yet you are not watching the STANLEY CUP FINAL?

Logic – not your best friend.

97. Storm Man says:

I would like to stay and trade insults, But I would need to find a worthy opponent. FYI your the last one on this site that should talk about been a fan.

98. McCluskey says:

“Pronger is a whiny little  classless poor sport b*********.”

What a ridiculous statement – he’s not the least bit little.

99. habsfan_61 says:

hawks are still the superior team. i dont think anyone really thought the hawks would roll the flyers in 4. this series goes 6 for the hawks. pronger is a whiny little  classless poor sport b********* and would love to see buff just paste him to the boards.

100. kempie says:

What about Healy’s “Team of destiny” bit?

101. Fansincebirth says:

The dumbest thing I heard on HNIC last night….

Scott Oake says “So, do you think this is Philly’s best chance to make this a 2 – 1 series?”

Ummmmmmmmmmm, Scott, this is Philly’s ONLY chance to make it a 2 – 1 series…. *sigh*

102. Psycho29 says:

It was deja vu all over again!

103. TomNickle says:

Coming in at a very close second was Healy saying that Niemi’s rebound control was lights out early in the second period while they showed a replay of him dropping a puck right into the slot.

104. TomNickle says:

105. camel_larry says:

lol (ph)ail.

106. camel_larry says:

lol (ph)ail.

107. dicktracy says:

After he said that I was wondering what the hell he was on about but just before he made that comment another of the ‘experts’ had said that the Flyers had to come out pounding the Hawks into the ice.

I hope he meant to say that do you think hitting the Hawks was the best chance for Flilly to make it a 2-1 series but still not a very revelationary observation.

Someone, I think it was Healey, called Carcillo a Selke candidate because he wasn’t contributing offensively, so in essense shutting down his own line.

109. SLONCOLD says:

i’ll rephrase not too sure he’s all that much better due to him getting a lot of help from his D

:-p

110. SLONCOLD says:

not sure about niemi being a great goalie. he gets some pretty good support from his defense. pretty funny how their coach has no confidence in Huet lol he’s laughing though with the salary he is making

111. camel_larry says:

and that near-goal in OT wasn’t exactly an amazing display of talent on his part, either.

112. Fansincebirth says:

I must have missed that one when I was trying to bash my head against the wall to knock the CBC stupidity out of it!

113. Psycho29 says:

double post

114. Fansincebirth says:

I think my IQ dropped from that point on…..and that was before the opening faceoff!!

Another gem, this one from Jim Hughson after Sopel tied it up 2 – 2

“…… Sopel’s would stand as the tying goal” Wow, you don’t say….

115. Fansincebirth says:

I heard that and just about spit out the mouthful of beer I had swilling around…..

116. Tighthead says:

That’s an old Brett Hull line – he said Hatcher should get the Norris because he could put the shut down on both teams’ top line.

117. Storm Man says:

Who gives a Rats arce who won last night…… This is a Canadiens site.

118. SeriousFan09 says:

It’s the Flyers so I’ll enjoy their failure, what’s a little Schaenfraude in the hockey fan world anyway?

That and I’m a giant Toews fan.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

119. mike g says:

Stop being ignorant and one-dimensional….

Hockey is a sport that crowns one champ per year. If you only choose to follow one team and then stop once they get eliminated, then fine; it’s your choice. But don’t say who cares, because alot of people care. This final series is about watching the best hockey of the year, and seeing history being made as someone will hoist the Cup.

If lifting the Cup means nothing to you, then don’t watch. But I will, because that’s the best feeling any of those guys will ever have in their life. I’d like to see it happen, regardless of who they are or which jersey they wear.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

There’s little Habs news right now and until the playoffs are complete the SCF will dominate these pages. Don’t like it? Come back July 1st!!!

121. habs03 says:

Canadiens play in the NHL with 29 other teams. Shame on you for calling someone out for watching other hockey games. How do you expect someone to educate themselves on other players around the league, when you hear of a rumor or trade about to be made involving the Habs do you run to the stat side to get your info? Don’t call someone a little boy, when you have a display picture of two girls kissing on a sports site.

122. Mad Habber says:

Sorry can’t respect him, not until he gets a hair-cut, anyways.

Maybe he thinks if he cuts his hair he loss his Jarmoir Jagr like skill..