Flower acquitted by Quebec court

Canadiens legend Guy Lafleur has been unanimously acquitted by the Quebec Court of Appeal of
giving contradictory testimony at the trial of his son, Mark Lafleur.

1. RJB says:

I do not approve of any racist or hate speech, but just because one person or a group of people may direct it at a certain player, coach etc. It does not make it okay for you to be just as ignorant or racist. I would hope that most people would think twice before saying something that is filled with hate, just because it is on the internet does not make it any more acceptable.

2. bwoar says:

The best part of this site is that people can unload all kinds of vitriol, lies, hate speech and other nonsense against players, coaches, management and real people, but I insult the general culture on this board, and by extension Quebec, and sand shows up in the va-j-j’s as if I’d said the West should invade.

HIO’s new tagline ought to be – “Why stay classy?”

3. Chuck says:

Add up those 60 goals, and I bet that the puck wasn’t on his stick for 60 seconds.

4. nunacanadien says:

Great, now all we have to fall back on now is Auld, and after that who?  Oh yes, Pierre Gauthier will have the signed trade agreement paper acting as the goalie, you know the one with Ramo?  While we watch the pucks go in the net, we’ll say wait til next year when Ramo comes, if he comes…..or wait, we can point to Gauthier recent trade where we saw Sergei go down for the rights to Dan Ellis.  Yes, Gauthier can have Dan Ellis’ trade agreement with Nashville try to stop pucks…..geeze, Gauthier, you’re not doing so good with goalies this year aren’t you?

5. Mattyleg says:

Also great to see Mike Green on the ice for all 3 AKos goals! heh heh.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

6. Mattyleg says:

Those are great, but man, does the Vs commentary bother me… “they’re gonna change the goalie to shock the red!” And “the Caps couldn’t get it out and get it in.”

And if I have to hear Bob Cole say “Oh Baby!” one more time, I’m going to… I don’t know what I’m going to do.

But just watch!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

7. ooder says:

i was there as well.. it was sick!

88 is the new 23

8. Mr-T says:

Which can be interperated as ambiguous I presume.

9. habstrinifan says:

WHAT? Revisionist history it seems. Lafleur was not fluff. He was a great habs. Come on let’s not tarnish the memory of those really great individuals who contributed so much to the habs.

I never thought I would be on a habs fan site where Kovalev is praised and Lafleur denigrated as fluff. WOW!

10. ZepFan2 says:

Shutt was my man.

Good hands around the net. Those 60 goals weren’t too shabby either.

Ahh, what a line!

– Steven Tyler

I was at that Ranger’s game. My buddy and I called the hatty after Cammy’s 2nd goal. The amazing thing was leaving the Bell Centre and everyone was singing Ole Ole going down and out the stairs.

Yes sir Sargent Stadanko!!!

13. yathehabsrule says:

47 saves on the night for Gilbert too.

Cherry felt terrible for him. I think it was the only time I ever heard Donald S actually admit he made a mistake.

Ya! The Habs Rule! now on Twitter!

14. Mr-T says:

WOW…Incendiary, subversive, [out of context]  perverse,  provocative,  nonsensical,  animated, stupendous,   enlightening, contradictory and cerebal[non representational] all in one post. You are a testament to your own vivid mindset.

15. Xtrahabsfan says:

It was Gilbert huh ,wow ,long time ago,thanx.

16. terrygain says:

The Flower a creamy cup-cake fluff ball? You are deranged. I can’t believe how many of you punks hate so many players on the team you claim to love

Did anyone notice how those Maple Leaf fans are such sheep? They support management no matter what. It’s no wonder they haven’t won in 43 years.