Fisher celebrates Habs legend Robinson

Veteran hockey writer Red Fisher remembers Larry Robinson with this feature in today’s Gazette.

1. 24habs33 says:

Larry Robinson was my favorite Habs player when I first started watching hockey. Can’t wait for tonight ceremonies.

2. Habs24 says:

Larry Robinson was an awesome player…some say he is even more awesome as a man, a true leader, and a classy guy! #19 is very well deserving of ths honour! Congrats Larry!

3. Naila Jinnah says:

An excellent read, as always!

4. Bill H says:

Great article by Red Fisher. It brought back some of the memories and reminded me of the respect I had for him back in the ’70s when he was in his prime. Unfortunately, I will not be able to catch the pre-game ceremonies as I live in Ontario where it is not to be broadcast.

Thanks for the memories Larry. Your sweater belongs up there in the rafters with all the other Greats.

5. Dave Stubbs says:

Bill, double-check your listings. Rogers Sportsnet East has the ceremony at 6:30 scheduled, even if the game itself might be blacked out in some areas.

Dave Stubbs

Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette

6. HabsFanInTampa says:

Does anybody have a link or video of that great bone-jarring, teeth-shattering, open ice bodycheck that Sir Robinson gave one of the arch nemesis Stastney brothers in the ’83 or ’84 palyoffs against the Nordiques?

7. Kenny says:

It was on Rogers Sportsnet East but as soon as 7pm hit…BAM! a notice came up “This program is not available in your viewing area” Right in the middle of Big Bird’s speech!! Luckily they had it on NHL.com. But honestly, why cut it off early?

8. Chester says:

I posted a comment this morning and it was not displayed. I liked the old Inside/Out better. At least your comments appeared.

9. Dave Stubbs says:

If you’re a registered user of Inside/Out, your comments will appear automatically. If you’re posting anonymously, or with a registration that hasn’t been verified, moderator approval is required before your comments appear. See the note on the site indicating the policy change.

Dave Stubbs