First of two in sunny FLA

The road trip is almost over.

And Louis Leblanc scored again!

Faceoff fiasco

Ironman Gorges takes a rest

Advanced stats from Arpon Basu

Where is the Canadiens’ passion? – Pierre Durocher

• François Gagnon on the team’s day off

Carolina inches closer

1. crabvader says:

I don’t think Dustin Boyd is too happy about being sent down.

He’s scored 9 goals in his 6 games with Hamilton, including a hat-trick against the Chicago Wolves most recently.

He is not a grinding forward. We would do well to use him on a top line should any injuries occur.

I though the point of Bobby’s wholesale change was to bring more heart. I don’t know about you, but I haven’t seen any since probably mid November.

3. PatMac says:

I agree completely. Just wanted to post the clarification on goalies. They are far too lenient with the rule. Crosby gets away with far too much of this, as you pointed out. In the playoffs last year, I remember he broke his stick over the goal post on the Canadiens net during the play. That should have been unsportsmanlike conduct in my view.

One of the most telling examples of how small and ineffective our top 6 are in front of the net was the one pointed out by Boone. Cammilleri being swatted out of the crease area by Karl Alzner (sp). Bobby messed up big time – why he is still collecting a paycheck is a mystery.

5. mike g says:

Thanks for this…

So to further my argument, he should’ve gotten a penalty or forced off the ice, but like I said since it’s Crosby, they let it happen.

But we can all agree that they’re lenient with goalies. They let them fix their equipement because they know it takes even longer for the backup to get ready and into the net once they change.

So for goalies they’ll wait that minute or so, because in the end it makes sense.

But for players, there’s no reason for leeway, except if you’re Crosby….

6. adam76 says:

The next two games will show us what this team is really made of.  You come out hard with passion, we can still end 2010 7 games over .500

You play like a bunch of deaf fish, and the canes will be taking over the 8th seed.

Time to end this year on a high note.  This team has the skill and ability to beat both FL and Tampa, but do they have the heart?

7. PatMac says:

You need to read rule 65 regarding equipment, especially the last paragraph dealing with goaltenders equipment.

Rule 65 – Equipment

65.1 Equipment – The onus is on the player to maintain his equipment and uniform in playing condition as set forth in these rules.

65.2 Minor Penalty – All protective equipment, except gloves, headgear and goalkeepers’ leg guards must be worn under the uniform. For violation of this rule, after warning by the Referee, a minor penalty shall be imposed. Players violating this rule shall not be permitted to participate in the game until such equipment has been corrected or removed.

Play shall not be stopped nor the game delayed by reasons of adjustments to clothing, equipment, skates or sticks. For an infringement of this rule, a minor penalty shall be given.

No delay shall be permitted for the repair or adjustment of goalkeeper’s equipment. If adjustments are required, the goalkeeper shall leave the ice and his place shall be taken by the substitute goalkeeper immediately. For an infraction of this rule by a goalkeeper, a minor penalty shall be imposed

8. Chuck says:

Wow… that’s not cool. Blatant thievery. Mind you, I didn’t really take notice of it when we were down for the Canada/Russia game because we took a tour bus.

But yeah, just another reason why Buffalo sucks.

Centre Hice: Bringing a knife to a gunfight

9. adam76 says:

Its not favoritism, its inconsistent officiating.  For every call that goes against team / player X, enough examples can be found that shows the opposite.  If you don’t see that, the bias is in your “minds eye”.

10. SmartDog says:

Considering how much dough Bob spent on top 6 forwards, our goal-scoring sucks huge.

11. adam76 says:

Please post links to the penelities that you felt were not deserved from last seasons playoffs.  Also – post 10 examples of NHL refs getting the calls 100%.

The officiating in the league is just across the board poor – it is not bias.

12. mike g says:

I never said anything about a conspiracy, don’t put words in my mouth…

I clearly said “favoritism”…

And there’s a big difference between those 2 things.

And please don’t tell me that there’s absolutely NO FAVORITISM for Crosby in this league.

Because it’s painted all over the walls that there is.

The example I gave of what occured in last nights game is perfect.

If that broken helmet belongs to Mike Rupp, the ref will simply tell him to sit down and make someone else come on the ice. But because it’s Sid, and he’s got 30 seconds left in the game to extend his point-streak, they wait for him.

Special treatment, aka favoritism, is obvious here, and it’s gotta go.

13. NoTinFoilCups says:

I agree with everything you say about AK. It is time to stop the wishful thinking with him. Hopefully he will be part of a trade before the deadline for a better forward who can bring it on a nightly basis. He is the laziest most underperforming player that we have, by far.

14. adam76 says:

There is no bias in the NHL, only across the board incompetence and inconsistency in its officiating.  The league and the refs barly have an IQ above room temp, are you really think they can try to rig games, with absolutly zero paper trail?

I know conspiracy theories are fun, but just like the moon landing being staged and 911 being an insude job, they evaporate when logical thought is presented.

15. mike g says:

And people here seem to forget how many penalties we got in that Pittsburgh series in the playoffs last year.

I think they averaged 5 PP’s per game, …IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

And we were getting what, 2….MAXIMUM 3…..??

16. mike g says:

Glad we can agree!

17. volcano62 says:

WTF can’t Crosby play without a helmet?

I have lost alot of respect for the league after reading your post.

18. mike g says:

Dude, are you really blind?

It’s a rule that goalies are allowed to fix their equipment, because it’s just plain illogical to change goalies for a small equipment issue.

But it’s a known fact for anyone that has played, or watched hockey, that when a PLAYER has an equipment issue, he is to get off the ice and make a line change, UNLESS it’s something very fast like a stick change, for example.

Taking one whole minute to fix a helmet is not something that falls into the “quick equipment issue” category.

If it wasn’t Sid who’s helmet was broken, but it was Tyler Kennedy’s for example, I can bet you my house that the ref woulda told him to get off the ice and come back on when the issue is fixed.

But like I said, it’s Sid, so they allow it to happen.

If you can’t see that, then I’m sorry but this convo ends here.

19. The Cat says:

It makes me sick too. 2 years ago, the flyers really got screwed over in their series with Pittsburgh by the referees. Ive never witnessed Pittsburgh getting a bad call at a crucial time ever since the Mario days.

Quite right Tommy, I just dislike all bullies and thieves that take family peoples hard earned money.

21. joeybarrie says:

Not to impead on this comment, but i wanted to mention at the top, that you make an excallent point. He is a fancier version of Ryder. However, I still mentain, for a reasonable price, I wouldn’t mind having Ryders 23 points right now at a reasonable price…

He’s not an effective player…

When was the last time he scored a big goal for us, you know, when we really needed a goal to get back into the game?

I don’t remember either…

a fancier version of Ryder, that’s all he is. But people go gaga over
    him because he’s somewhat Russian and has a good wrist shot, when he
    uses it, which is once a month.

Let him go, get someone who cares, and trust me we won’t regret it.

I don’t see anyone wanting Ryder back. Or Higgins, yet everyone saw Higgins as a 30 goalscorer.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

22. adam76 says:

Yes – because Patrick Roy was not given time to adjust equipment.  Crosby is the first player in the history of the NHL to use an equipment issue to extend a timeout.

There is no conspiracy theory.

23. mike g says:

A slump is a slump…

There’s no proven way to escape one.

But at least Gionta busts his ass every game, you see him diving for pucks, taking big hits along the boards from big defenseman, sliding infront to block shots, going to the front of the net, etc…

He’s giving the effort, AK isn’t.

You see Brian getting mad because he cares, when was the last time you saw one ounce of ewmotion from AK?

It’s not always about the results, because sometimes they just simply don’t come.

But I’ve said this before; if AK was giving 100% effort, I wouldn’t be able to bash him.

And that goes for everyone. When a player is trying his best, you can’t ask for more.

But AK isn’t and Brian is. That’s why one is captain and the other is a bum, IMO.

24. shiram says:

We still are in the race for a playoff spot, and thats something to lose.
    The organisation just spent some money and draft picks on Wizniewski, the return they hope to get out of him is securing a playoff spot, as they rake in the money during that time.

I definately agree that it’s frustrating when the team is losing, and they show Martin, and he has only that barely visible shake of the head, but not all of the coaching is on him, Muller, Pearn and Groulx all have their parts to play.

I also agree about Desharnais though I’d be interested in maybe seeing with Eller and Pouliot\Darche on his wings.

Also about Subban, we all love him, and we see our future in him on our defence, but that potential is not yet realized, it seems it takes more time to devellop a D-man.  My issue is mainly that he does not seem to learn from his mistakes, he keeps doing his ridiculous long windup for one thing. I thought pairing him with Gill could give him time to learn from a seasined veteran, but if its not sparking, i’d look at Spacek or Hamrlik to be his linemate.

The bottom line is we are in slump, and so we are seeing the worst the Habs have to offer, the team is better than they are showing right now, but there are still issues to be resolved, just remember that those things can take time to set in motion.

25. joeybarrie says:

Forgot to mention, remember the Ice Storm in 97?  Many, Many places were price gauging. Lots of places went out of business, cause people refused to go back. GOOD FOR THEM.

Then compare it to how things were when a disaster happens in the USA. People tend to stick together at those times, and I have to say it has been my experience that Americans are more opportunistic than Canadians as a whole, but in tough times, Americans really help each other for the most part.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

26. mike g says:

I’m not talking about last night’s call…

Sometimes they call good ones, but often the PP’s they give to the Pens at the end of each game are pure head-scratchers/bogus.

All I’m talking about is how Crosby is allowed to take 1 minute to change his equipment, while everyone else in the building must wait for little Crosby to be comfortable with his helmet.

Like I said, if that was anyone else, the refs woulda told that player to get off the ice cuz the game must continue.

But because it’s Sid, they wait…

27. habs03 says:

I was just talking about how when he came up he stuggled and was playing pretty much the same role as Eller is playing now.

28. joeybarrie says:

Make no mistake about it Ian. Go downtown to the Old Port in Montreal and see how much parking is. Winter time, costs next to nothing. Summer time it can get to $10 an hour in private parking lots. And when the restaurants near the parking have events the parking can get even higher.

The Canadian Government in their own right gauges prices like Gas, Tobacco and more… Much more so than in the USA. Not so different to be honest.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

29. TommyB says:

I definitely wouldn’t take this thing that far, Ian.  This in not an anti-US rant, but a rant about shameless gouging of the people who make an event actually happen.  If not for the Canadian fans across the border from Buffalo, this event could not have a hope in hell to take place.  So why bite the hand that feeds you?  The parking lots will be full, the stands will be near full most of the time, and the local bars will sell a million wings and beers.  Is that not enough?

30. joeybarrie says:

I think that there should be a law the prevents the official parking for the HSBC arena for changing parking prices for events. However, for the parking lots in the area, if they can get the money for it, and people are willing to pay. Not much can be done. Supply vs demand.

One good solution is to park elsewhere like the Theatre district or any OTHER Metro Rail station, and take the train to the Arena. If US CANADIANS got together and 65% of the ticket holders parked elsewhere, they would probably never try to gauge the prices again…

I really hope that it will never go to Buffalo again as well. When Parking costs more in Buffalo than New York City for one specific event, then they don’t deserve to get it.

People are going to spend the money somewhere. Better to get it in food and drinks. But if you go and spend $40 on Parking, you wont be eating till you get back home… OR you wont make the same mistake.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

31. LA Loyalist says:

I was fine with Gionta, I was even fine with him as Captain (like we had much choice) but he has been dudsville for a while now.

Overall malaise? Or what? What is your theory? Problem is as C isn’t he supposed to lead us out of the swamp?

Same back to you Mike.

33. adam76 says:

The call in OT was legit – the NHL is not smart enough to organize a top secret conspirity.  Good lord, they can’t even keep emails private.

You are giving the league waaaaaaaay to much credit.

34. mike g says:

He’s not an effective player…

I don’t remember either…

He’s a fancier version of Ryder, that’s all he is. But people go gaga over him because he’s somewhat Russian and has a good wrist shot, when he uses it, which is once a month.

Let him go, get someone who cares, and trust me we won’t regret it.

35. RetroMikey says:

Happy Holidays Ian!

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

36. LA Loyalist says:

What up with Nolan? He was so successful… is it that political? Would love to hear your comments.

That is a clear example Tommy, of why the whole world dislikes the USA. But they don’t get it anyway.!

This is just one of the differences between our two countries.

38. RetroMikey says:

Pleks played over 170 games in the AHL with the Dogs under Julien who mentored him to be a great faceoff man.

Pleks did not jump shiip directly to Montreal as you have stated.

He learned the ropes in Hamilton first.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

39. LA Loyalist says:

good one. At least Muller knows how to lead a player with a pass and put it on the freaking tape. He can win faceoffs and be in position. No one is saying he has to skate like a water bug and light up the goalies.

The bar is so low with Gomez — Dominic Moore would have been a huge upgrade and at least competent.

40. mike g says:

Anyone else watch the Pens-NYI game last night?….

It was such a sad thing to see. The favoritism and obvious love that the NHL has for Crosby is just plain pathetic.

Don’t get me wrong. The guy does so much for this league, on and off the ice. He’s a great person from what we can see, and is without a single doubt the best hockey player in the world.

But watching the 3rd period last night and Crosby’s point streak come to an end, I found myself screaming at the TV….

The game goes to OT, and guess what happens? Like usual, in any tight game involving the Pens, they get a PP to end the game. BIG SURPRISE!!

Anyways, there’s about 30 seconds left in the game and the PP, and of course Sid isn’t gonna get off the ice. But his helmet strap breaks, and at the whistle he goes to the bench to give it to the trainer. Now if that was any other player, the refs woulda told him to get on the bench, stop delaying the game, and put someone else on. But instead, because it’s the good’ol Sid, they waited over 1 minute for him. He took another players helmet, then as he was skating back into the Isles’ zone, he was called back to the bench to get his helmet back and pull another switch. All this, just for Sid.

Now what kinda treatment does this guy get? Is Sidney Crosby allowed to call an extra timeout during a game whenever he wants. And normal timeouts are 30 seconds, btw, but he gets a 1 minute one just to make sure he’s comfortable.

It’s sad to see this hapening. The Isles fans were booing like crazy, and like I said above I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that.

That kinda treatment has to stop.

Then people wonder why the Pens get a PP with less that 4 minutes in the 3rd period/OT everytime they’re trailing/tied in a game.

Bunch of BS….

41. The Cat says:

The problem with those guys (if there is one) is that they had no clout when they were here. Whether JM has clout or not is up for debate I guess.

I’ve lost my voice,!

43. LA Loyalist says:

With Patrick, we would be up to a 1000 posts a day, for what that’s worth. But the wise choice is Muller, and soon, before this saison d’enfer is entirely lost and we’re all sitting here going what? what the f just happened?

44. jimmy shaker says:

We don’t need to wait for the shootout.  Pretty much all year Carey has been victimized on the breakaway.  Everytime there is a breakaway against us, that inevitable feeling of “they’re going to score” comes over me and then they do score on Carey.  It’s been the same thing all year long.

45. LA Loyalist says:

Yeah, Vigneault sucks so bad his team is in first place overall. Julien has Boston is ahead of us.

Martin plays not to lose, he’d be happy if no one ever left the defensive zone (a la playoffs last year).

It’s very discouraging, is all. And Florida is traditionally a grave yard for us in the winter. Just lovely.

46. joeybarrie says:

I wouldn’t say AK is a bum. He is an effective player. But the heart aspect that people expect from him is not there. Look at his brother. They can’t be THAT different. But as AK matures and settles in he can be very effective. Not bad on a top 2 line. I think he will improve his game over time to be a .8 point per game player. If we can keep him for under 3.5 million, I wouldn’t trade him.

I still think he can wake up and start to MAKE things work for himself, instead of waiting for things to line up. It would be nice to have 20 players who play 100% every second, but you lose alot of talent. Things have always WORKED out for him, and I think he will figure out soon that you have to work at it. Price learned it earlier. AK will too. And to be quite honest, I don’t want it to work out somewhere else.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

47. habs03 says:

Two points I’d like to reponse too, I don’t think JM or PG care much about what fans think in regards to Eller and sending him two HAM, I think they think he just needs to learn in the NHL just like Pleck did, if you remember Pleck did was just like Eller in his first season, and even when we trade Ribero and put Pleck on the 2nd line, he scored 1 goal in his first 30 something games, but stepped up at the end of the year to end up with 20, plus don’t you think they woud “look better’ if he was in the AHL putting up points? Second thing is Pleck at 5M, there are no Center, there is no “if there is a will there is a way”, there are no Center up for graps at all, there are pently of teams looking for that ideal big center, yet none are to be hand, it looks like Brad Richards is going to be the only 1C to be had, and you teams like Leafs, Rangers, Kings, Sabres, etc all waiting to bid on him.

48. TommyB says:

Totally off topic here, but…..have any of you people attended one or more of the Juniors games in Buffalo?  I was astonished to read in the local paper this morning that parking rates were anywhere from $40 to $70 in all of the lots in and around the HSBC.  This, only for the games involving Canada!  All other games, including the hometown US of A, parking rates were the normal $10 to $15 fees.  Game ticket prices average $40-$80!  Some people are being charged as much to park, as they are to watch the freakin’ game.  Incredible!  And I mean as in, no credibility.  Gouging of the Canadian fans, who purchased 65% of all tickets to these games, is totally unfair.  Don’t let anyone tell you that the Western New York area is a hockey hotbed.  It’s been common knowledge, forever, that the Sabres could not exist without the fans coming over the Peace Bridge, but this opportunity to be able to attend the World Juniors Championship only comes up a few times in any hockey fan’s lifetime.  You can bet it will never come to Buffalo again.  There are very few real hockey fans in the Buffalo area.

Tonight I will be going to the USA/Germany game.  Why?  You guessed it.  I have a friend taking me for free, and he has a parking pass.  It should be interesting to see how many fans are in the stands tonight, since the Canadian fans will not come over in droves tonight, but rather, wait until tomorrow night for the Canada/Sweden game.  Hey, God Bless America…but thank God for Canadians!

49. RetroMikey says:

Kirk Muller, a head coach!

He’ll end up like another good player turned haead coch in John MacLean for the Devils.  FIRED before you can say the word.

He is still so green IMO.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

50. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

Where’s the passion ? Certainly not that lump with ears in a suit behind the bench who is supposedly the coach !!

I have never been a fan of JM & never will be. He is a veterans coach,always has been, always will be. Kirk Muller would be my choice to run the show with Patrick Roy a close second. I would sit Max Yapierre and Picard in a heartbeat. Also would send Eller to the Dogs along with Pyatt and bring up Desharnais and Ryan White. Give Subban all the minutes they can get out of him,let him make his mistakes and learn from them on the ice and not in the press box. The Kings did it with Drew Doughty last year and he’s doing just fine in L.A. At this point, what do we have to lose…play the kids !!

51. habstrinifan says:

Apart from being highly unlikely cause of language issue, I am not too sure about Kirk.

He seems smart and communicative etc but I fear he has learnt too much the ways of JM.

52. RetroMikey says:

Even if we win these 2 games in Florida, we still are an average team at best..  I do have issues for signing Pleks to 5Mil  a year for being a defensive forward, we could have used the money to sign or trade for someone with more offensive upside in this position and good on the faceoffs.  If there is a will, there is a way  say.

Cammallerri is playing as what is expected, hot and cold with the rest of the smurfs in Gionta and Gomez.

The big salaries we are paying out for these 4 smurfs, I expected more offensive and grit.

Eller should be sent down to Hamilton to play plus minutes instead of less than 10 minutes on Martin’s team.  I am most certain Martin would want him in Hamilton but it would make Gauthier look bad.

We got some toughness on D, thank God!  Gauthier should have done this sooner.

Happy New Year everyone!  Look for more cracks after the new year on our team.  May we pray we finish in 8th for a playoff spot,  Carolina always plays good hockey down the stretch.

But if we falter as we are now and finish out of the playoffs, the onus is on Gauthier (and Bobby and Boivin) for a terrible slide from the beginning of the season, not the coach.

Vigneault was not good enough, neither was Therrien, neither was Julien and now we are blaming Martin.

Good teams find ways to win  no matter who the coach is.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

53. The Cat says:

I cant change my avatar, it keeps saying:

The selected file /tmp/tmp_qphaYg could not be copied.
    Failed to upload the picture image; the pictures directory doesn’t exist or is not writable.

Any ideas?

54. habstrinifan says:

Great idea re emotions and passion and Habs hockey. Just dont know if Roy is ready. Dont need another Tremblay like setback.

55. joeybarrie says:

Kirk Muller. I am sorry, but Roy is the last guy I want. He is Mario Tremblay, just the other side of that argument.

JM is not getting fired. You don’t firs a coach because you lost 4 games instead of winning them at this point in the season. If we were not going thru the slump, and went 7-3 instead of 3-7 we would be in 2nd place and you would be planning the Parade route.

In the last 2 weeks we have lost Gorges to being hurt. The trickle effect of having three top defencemen not playing to their potential is why we find ourselves where we do. Our forwards, ie Pleks, have to play more defence and that slows his production. Our Goalie is not playing the incredible hockey he was when the season started and thats to be expected.

Its not a big deal. We were a defender short, and PG got one. Once Gorges is healthy again, we will be back on track, and winning 7 out of 10 games.

In order for this team to win we need a few things missing. First and most important is our number 1 player. So that over with, once you lose Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin, then everything else has to be in place to win at the rate we were winning. Once you lose another 2 defencemen, you really can’t come back and do the things you were in the beginning. Gorges was playing hurt that’s one, and PK was being benched cause he wasn’t playing well, or whatever it was. Plus the fact we are still missing a top 2 line player to complete this team. I think given all that people really should wake up and realize how great this team has done this season without Markov so far.

I know, i got carried away…. UM MULLER…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

56. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Kirk Muller.  He’s done his time on and off the ice and deserves a shot as head bench boss.  Plus he’s learned from a lot of great coach’s and good hockey people.

57. SmartDog says:

Maybe I’m just pining for a coach with some emotion — and who actually SAYS something.

58. HabsFanInTampa says:

You just described John Tortorelli. Unfortunately, he’s stuck in Ranger land.

59. OverseasFan says:

Don’t get me wrong. I love St-Patrick. He’s my favorite Hab of all time. When I was a young girl, I told my mother I was going to marry him. But even I have to admit that there’s a little bit of crazy in there.

He had the best goalie death stare of everyone. As SmartDog says, it would be “interesting” for sure!

Happy New Year, fellow Habs fans. I wish the team good luck in 2011.

60. derfab says:

At this point, I’d like to see Kirk lace ’em up and take Gomez’ spot. Time to move some uninspired bodies. JM is irrelevant.  Maybe Burke will be available soon too.

61. fuhgawz says:

+ 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

62. HabsFanInTampa says:

The countdown starts. I can’t wait for the game tonight. I’ll be there, if any HIOer is in town and wants to join me, that would be great. Cheering for a Montreal blowout, but not sure. The Quebec Connection on the Bolts team ALWAYS take it up a notch or three whenever they play the Habs. Boucher stated this morning that he may start goaltender Desjardins tonight to give Ellis a rest.

63. fuhgawz says:

And Louis Leblanc scored again!

From what i can tell — he will not be a star.  I have not been impressed with Louis Leblanc. Another bust draft pick mark my words.

64. mike g says:

I want emotion and passion on this team.

No more of this sissy attitude. It’s enough, I’m fed up.

Time to get someone who has ballz and is willing to break sticks and crack pucks with his teeth.

65. mike g says:

AK is a bum….

He benefits from playing with our best player, best defensive/offensive forward, etc…He doesn’t play in crutial situations, the majority of his icetime coming in offensive situations.

The Habs have been one of the best defensive teams all year, that explains it too.

And for the hits stat, Lapierre leads by a large margin and he’s been one of our 5 worst players this year. The numbers don’t always tell the truth, and for AK they don’t.

He’s got no heart, no grit, no passion, nothing.

Watch him on every shift. Watch how many times he wont hit, plays lazy, isn’t agressive, or gives up on a play. They’ll outnumber by 6 times the amount of times he actually plays properly.

All we’ve heard for this guy has been excuse after excuse as for why he hasn’t produced consistently over the past 4 years. After a while, it’s enough, and now it is just that.

Time to be a man, stop blaming others, and look at himself in the mirror and ask himself if he wants it or not. He can’t blame others anymore.

All I know is you guys all loved him again for 3 weeks this year, and now in the past 2 months he’s had 4 good games. What a keeper this guy is.

Ask any coach, I’m sure they’d take a player who plays well 10% of the time….

Oh, please.

Stop with the fantasy that this guy will be good. He’es got zero will or effort to be good. No heart.

There are tons of players in the league with much less talent than him, like Gionta, Georges, Alex Burrows, etc…Yet they’re all enjoying so much success in the best hockey league in the world.

Why? Because they give 100% effort ALL THE TIME, they care about winning, and will do anything to play in this league.

Their heart makes them who they are. AK is nothing, because he has none.

He can take his talent and shove it.

66. Habsrule1 says:

Funny enough, when I wrote the question, I thought of Ted Nolan too, but didn’t put him in there because I just figured it was unlikely.

Go Habs Go!! “Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

67. The Cat says:

Ted Nolan. Plus hes the only anglo that could avoid any potential language issue.

68. SmartDog says:

Guy Boucher

Kirk and Patrick aren’t too shabby either. St. Patrick would be cool… interesting for sure.

69. Habsrule1 says:

Who would you like to see take over when JM gets fired in the coming weeks?

1. Bob Hartley

2. Patrick Roy

3. Kirk Muller

4. Other (please specify)

70. smiler2729 says:

Enough nailbiters, I want a 7-2 win for a change.

71. jimmy shaker says:

Won’t make it to a shoot out, but if it does, the boys will lose.  Carey is anything but stellar when it comes down to the one on one showdown.  Sorry to say, but them the truth!

72. joshua94k says:

Here is a quiz question? Which player on the Canadiens leads the team in +/-.

Answer : Andrei Kostitsyn with +9

Kostitsyn is also number 2 with most hits with 68. Lappierre leads the team with 98 hits. Kostitsyn is only two goals behind leaders Cammalleri and Gionta. Clearly he is an important part of the team.

Coach Martin has to find a way to find a way to get the most out of his players. It could be yelling at them, it could be taking them aside and speaking to them one-to-one, but whatever needs to be done is not enough.

The team is in disarray. Currently every player is not playing to their potential, even Price, Plekance and Gorges. The team is in the penalty box more than their oponents since the beginning of the season. Once they are behind, it seems game over. We have a defenceman (Subban) who is capable of creating some offence when needed, but currently he is playing tentative as even a single error is highlighted and he could sit out the next game.

There is a coach who is very good at motivating players. He was part of the Canadiens organization. Currently he is the hesd coach of the team the Canadiens play tonight.

73. mike g says:

Here’s what will happen tonight….

Game starts off very fast, quick and with alot of good scoring chances. Habs miss some great chances wide, and Price stones Vinny and Ryan Malone in the 1st period. Tampa gets 2 PP’s, we get none.

0-0 after 1.

Beginning of the 2nd, the Wiz gets high-sticked by Teddy Purcel, 4 minute PP. the 1st wave does nothing, can’t even gain the Tampa zone. The 2nd unit with Gomez comes on, and the Wiz takes his point place for the 1st time in a Habs uniform. Gomez takes the puck from end to end, goes around the net, Wiz pinches into the slot, and…….BANG! Tampa goalie luckily makes the save, but Gionta pounces on a huge rebound and puts it into a wide open net. Period end with a flurry of Tampa shots, but Price holds the fort.

1-0 Habs after 2.

3rd period starts with a little rough stuff. Stamkos tries to go around the Wiz, who makes an effort to hip-che3ck him. Ryan Malone goes nuts and jumps him. A little brawl starts, those Floridian people cheer for the 1st time of the night, and Tampa scores on the following PP. Stamkos, who else? With 4 minutes left in the 3rd, Hamrlik gets a delay of game penalty, lol, but we kill it off. And we actually get a great shorthanded chance, but Pleks hits the cross-bar.

1-1 after 3.

In OT nothing big happens, a few chances here and there, but nothing really worrisom.

Finally in the shootout, Vinny misses. Pleks scores. Stamkos puts a rocket top corner glove side. Cammy scores with an even better move than the one he pulled on Fat Man Thomas. The game now rides on the shoulders of Marty, who comes down the middle very slowly, and as he goes to do one of his crazy moves, Price pokechecks, Habs win, Habs win, Habs win…..

And that’s it boys, it’s that easy…