Finally, a W

• The Hickey licence plate saga

Desperate Canadiens keep despair at bay – Roy MacGregor

Flyers talk, Habs walk – David Shoalts

Dominic Moore fits a team built for speed – Damien Cox

In the blink of an eye … a series – Scott Burnside

Habs right at home – Brian Cazeneuve in SI

And a TGIF mash-up of Pittsburgh series footage from Quebec City Habs fan Kevin Morin

pBe4DMQzRN8

1. NL_habs_fan says:

If they end up fourth they have a better pick (27th pick) than if they end up 3rd (28th pick)

2. SlovakHab says:

Hey, what about Jaromir Dragan and Eduard Hartmann?

B.Burke is building the Bruins through the draft.

3. SlovakHab says:

Dustin Byfuglien!

4. MontrealAtheist says:

“In a year where MOST of you didn’t hink we would make the playoffs.”

Let’s face it, the fact that we made the playoffs with the number of points we had was very lucky and hardly the result of some genius management. In the West, we wouldn’t even be near the 8th place with our points and even in our conference, if the Rangers had obtained just a single point more we’d be out as well.

Having said this, it is what it is and we are certainly kicking some $#! in the playoffs right now … GO HABS GO !!!

5. crabvader says:

The team that finished higher in the standings will always have home ice advantage regardless of who takes the series in X amount of games.

Chicago had more points during the season, meaning they would have home ice.

6. HabFanSince72 says:

5 + 5 = 10

7. dh says:

About playing Chicago or not knowing how home ice is determined?

8. Center of the Universe Habs Fan says:

It is a stupid rule.  How is icing any less of a “delay of game” than throwing the puck over the boards?  At least the puck over the boards is mostly unintentional — especially now.  Icing is often intentional.

I hope JM doesn’t healthy scratch him again.  How is he supposed to be effective with 94 seconds of ice time after missing a bunch of games?

“Gionta goes into a corner with a guy who’s 6’4″ and comes out with the puck. Who’s the bigger guy?” – Cammy

9. OneTimer says:

We definitely shouldn’t give up on him after a mediocre regular season. The guy can play. I’m glad Yappy is on the team

10. BoomBoom says:

Me too..I am really impressed with Moore. I’d try to sign him for 2 years at least. I would also bring back Darche at the league minimum, good guy in the room, decent size and works hard.  As for the rest of the UFAs, we need the cap space and could probably add some size upfront. WOuld love to see the Pyatt bros replace the K bros as the Habs bro-combo. Taylor Pyatt is 6.4 225 and the Pyatts (like the Staals) are from Thunder Bay..land of the tough guys!

11. Center of the Universe Habs Fan says:

The Craig Adams major & misconduct in game 2 was completely overlooked too.  I think I heard something about Hossa should have been suspended for the game that he scored the winning goal against Nashville, but I didn’t see it.

12. Center of the Universe Habs Fan says:

I understand the home ice for the finals part, but basically I was just curious about the draft part.

And I’m not liking Philly much here, so I’d rather they end up 4th than 3rd, but I’m not sure if that’s how the standings work.

13. Habhopeful says:

Meant to post this at the top of the page

14. Clay4bc says:

Surely you jest…

__________________________

“Peoples will only be truly free when the last king is strangled by the bowels of the last priest” Francois Laignelot -

FREE MARC EMERY, POLITICAL PRISONER!

15. Say Ash says:

It’s always the team with more points, not like baseball, where they alternate every year.

16. C-Dawg says:

One thing that came to me last night. When was the last time we had a future star in this league, that came of age this deep in the playoffs?

Last night was Subban’s 12 NHL game, so he’s being groomed to think this is the norm. I’m sure you’d have to go back to the 70′s to find another Hab in Subban’s shoes. He’s been held back and groomed for greatness, and in a few seasons when he’s the Captain, he’ll take his team on that ride with him. Whatever happens this season, the future is bright with the kids on this team.

17. Slovak says:

All people in Slovakia are proud of him, he was the main reasons we got 4th place in Olympics, all players like Hossa, Gaborik, Satan, Chara, Visnosvsky, Demitra, Handzus etc. when interviewed for slovak media came to the same conclusion: “Finally after all those years, we have a goalie we can rely on.”

18. dh says:

But who gets home ice advantage when we play Chicago?

19. mike g says:

Simply put, not a chance.

In the 1st round, Chara literally jumped and attacked 2 Sabres players with less than 5 minutes left in the game. It was a gesture out of pure frustration, and according to the rulebook it should have resulted in an automatic 1 game suspension…

Result: nothing.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

20. Max_a_million says:

What if Matt Cooke and George Laracque made a baby?

By the way I am disturbed by this subject.

21. joeybarrie says:

1st place wins the Stanley Cup.

2nd-16th lost in the playoffs

17th-30th just lost…

Nothing else.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

22. Fansincebirth says:

Dammit, and my therapist said I was doing so well.

Back to the bottle to try and wash away that image :)

23. Center of the Universe Habs Fan says:

Just trying to figure out the standings here.

So if SJ loses both in Chicago and is out in four, and Montreal beats Philly in seven, will that mean that SJ will be 4th overall and Philly 3rd or does the regular season come into play here?

24. lavie says:

You make me so proud of him.

25. Off-side says:

Sadly, this is not the only site they bash Martin.  I’m DISGUSTED.

26. Say Ash says:

To me, Laps is what you get if Ruutu and Burrows made a baby.

27. Center of the Universe Habs Fan says:

I don’t think he’ll be back.  He skated like 15 minutes and winced the whole time.  This is supposed to be a psyche out.

Not like Philly isn’t known for rushing back players from injuries though.

28. Slovak says:

There is no other way, we have plenty of great players but only one great goaltender… Budaj – benched, Lasak from KHL or some others from sweden league - no match for Jaro…

29. notbigbird says:

JM obviously has strengths and deserves credit for those. I don’t think that many would add working with young players to that list. I really worry about what he will do with PK next year. Will he kill the kid’s initiative and spirit?

30. lavie says:

You guys should find a way of playing without Jaro. Jaro is not available then, sorry.

31. Fansincebirth says:

Nah, he ain’t no enforcer.

That’s a Grade A, 100%, pure shit disturber son and he’s awesome for doing it!

32. Fansincebirth says:

Is there any way that the league will review Hartnell’s goonery and hand out a suspension for instigating in the last 5 minutes?

33. dh says:

Good.  I was worried there for a moment.

34. lavie says:

Finally we have a “enforcer” — Lapierre.

35. Slovak says:

Beside the main topic, I know Canada is not interested in World Championship that much, but here are 10 reasons why attend on WC 2011 in Slovakia and for god sake win the damned cup this year, we need Jaro next year…:-)

36. lavie says:

His slapshot is exceptional.

From Wikipedia:

Near the end of game one of the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals, Bergeron tried to steer Carolina Hurricanes forward Andrew Ladd wide of the net, but the two of them piled into Oilers goaltender  Dwayne Roloson, causing him to be injured for the remainder of the Finals. Bergeron is well known for his impressive slapshot, not his defensive abilities…

His slapshot may not be a winning goal, but his defensive liability would cost us a game.

37. Max_a_million says:

I love Lapierre’s so scared he is shaking routine he did with his arms on the bench.

38. Max_a_million says:

That is why I referred to those two.  The rest are great, but they are spare parts that can be replaced without too much worry.

39. Instant Karma says:

The coaching has been good, but I’d rather give the credit to Muller and any bad decisions are JM’s fault, makes me sleep better at night.

40. joeybarrie says:

Honestly, 7 wins away from being the BEST team in the League, and our coach is terrible????? So stupid.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

41. Le Jadester says:

A couple thangs from the peanut gallery:

First Star Yesterday should have gone to “The Bell Center Supporters and Faithful”.  They gave Les Boys a shot of energy everytime somthing was happening.  Obviously that’s what was missing in Matches 1 and 2. No Offense to the Hammer, I still love the guy regardless of his roller coaster Playoffs this year. Great little Scrap though.

Lappy is Possessed !  I’d like to see what Ray Ferraro has to say about him now ? He’s on Fiyah and it seems like everyone is feeding of it.  Moore and Pyatt are too good right now as well……..Lappy’s just makin’ me laugh more. That smirk of his…….priceless !

If Gio woulda scored that 2nd goal on his break………it woulda had to have been a record for quickest consecutive goals.

Can’t believe Game 4 is in the afternoon………….especially during the Champions League Final.

Habs, OLE !

42. joeybarrie says:

We should sign Darche. He can still do well in the AHL. We need him to do so. If we ever need to bring him up again, we can. We would be better off with him.

I’m not sold that Mara can’t help us either. I would like to see him through another season without injury. But I think I mostly like him for his attitude.

Metro is a very good signing for 1 million. No better veteran in the NHL in that price range. Plus he is our 4th leading scorer this season. He has done as well as AK at less than 1/3rd the price and not even on the top line…

We gotta think about depth.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

43. habsman-itoba says:

Lapierre is my hero.

44. Clay4bc says:

It’s good to have a guy like Darsch arouind in case of injuries. He works hard and is cheap. Keep him on the ‘Dogs just in case.

__________________________

FREE MARC EMERY, POLITICAL PRISONER!

45. Storm Man says:

Oh Yes what a game… Speed kills. I would say more but my ears are still ringing from the noise at the bell centre last night. can’t wait for Saturday when the Flyers fall apart.

46. Off-side says:

You are SO right.  I never thought about it that way.  Why are we so fast to judge?  We all should be ashamed of ourselves.

47. Off-side says:

I couldn’t agree more!  Leave the coach and the players alone, they brought us where we are.  If we win the Stanley Cup, I just can’t wait to hear what kind of bashing and complaining you all will do…

48. SLONCOLD says:

he’s rushing to come back. it will take some time for him to get into game shape. Just remember how it took gionta a few games to get back into it

49. joeybarrie says:

Lapierre, SK, Pouliot. Pyatt, Price and Halak are all RFA’s as of July 1st.

MAB, Mara, Pleks, Moore, Matro and Darche are all UFA’s as of July 1st.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

50. Max_a_million says:

I think only Plekanek and Moore are not signed or restricted going into next year.

Seems like a very good thing to me, especially when they will be adding that Markov guy.

Does anyone know how Guy is doing with Patches in Hamilton?

51. joeybarrie says:

We beat the Capitals. We beat the Penguins. We come back and beat the Flyers in last nights game 5-1. We have given ourselves a chance at going to the Stanley Cup Finals. In a year where MOST of you didn’t hink we would make the playoffs.

YET you are STILL bashing the coach and anything else you can. GET A GRIP ON REALITY.

Honestly, what is wrong with you guys?  Only an idiot would say JM has been coaching poorly. His team beat the BEST team in the league, and the current Stanley Cup Champs….

Especially when most of your insight, information and observances come from sitting on your couch half drunk.

How is it all the guys your were bashing at some point this year…..GOMEZ, GILL, MAB, OBYRNE, MOEN, LAPIERRE, MOORE, POULIOT, AK, HAMRLIK, PLEKANEC, CAMMALLERI, and the rest….Have come together to put us within 3 wins of the finals, but not because of the coach. They weren’t good enough ALL YEAR, but now they players are doing it despite the COACH. DO YOU KNOW HOW STUPID YOU SOUND???

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

52. Max_a_million says:

I know the timing and price seemed excessive, but they really proved that they knew what they were doing with this guy.  He never takes a shift off, always working extremely hard, and he has made our third line a dandy.  I am loving Dominic Moore these days, what a catalyst.

53. coachdoug says:

JM is pulling rabbits out of his @ss since the end of the post season…Was not excited when we signed him…but credit goes where it is due…I think Muller is a big factor as well…

“The ‘System’ will not stop until it owns Lord Stanley’s Cup…All hail the System!”

54. Shublips says:

Yes, what a game! The Habs finally got back to THEIR game rather than playing into the Flyers’ game.

Continue to use your speed, boys, and the Flyers can’t keep up.

I just heard that Jeff Carter is supposed to be back next game. Honestly, who cares? If the Habs play the way they did last night then it doesn’t matter who is in the Flyers lineup!

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict on Hockeybuzz.com: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_archive.php?blogger_id=137

55. Max_a_million says:

Easy fellas.  MAB is playing his heart out.  He is about the lowest paid player on the roster, he transformed our power play this year into a very good one after it struggled early, and without him we wouldn’t have made the playoffs.  It’s not his fault Markov and Mara are hurt, or that the coach has no faith in O’Byrne.

I understand he makes mistakes, but it is not through a lack of effort.  How about we enjoy a nice win without finding a goat to bash.  The team won 5 to 1 for goodness sake.  He is one of the handful of guys with Gomez and Subban who moves the puck up the ice, which is very valuable as well.

Let’s be easy here.

I was one of the people that questioned the Dominic Moore acquisition. Well. I have my answer. Excellent move by PG.

57. Clay4bc says:

Good point – make that THREE things of note.

__________________________

FREE MARC EMERY, POLITICAL PRISONER!

58. Max_a_million says:

They were under Pronger’s skin for sure.  He made some uncharacterits mistakes with the habs buzzing around him.  I wonder how this will play into game 4.

Nice to seeing Lapierre, Moore, and Pyatt playing big.  We will need that.

I think Mike Cammelleir was the best player on the ice last night.  He set up some beauties that Kostitsyn and Plekanek didn’t finish, got the first goal which was huge, and doubel shifted on the fourth line with Moen and Metropolit.  he was everywhere.

Good on Price for being supportive and helpful to Halak.  Great kid, deserves to not be bashed.

59. SLONCOLD says:

i wouldn’t call it an easy night but then again it wasn’t 50 shot night either lol

he made some key saves when he had too. Lets hope for another great team effort on saturday

60. Clay4bc says:

Two things of note…

1) That was our first win of the playoffs when we outshot the opponent.

2) That was also the first win where Jaroslav Halak did not get a star in the game (correct me if I am wrong). I for one was happy to see the team give Jaro an easy night. Not that he didn’t play an excellent game – he did! – but he didn’t have to be spectacular. Nice to see.

3 more games like that will see us in the finals.

__________________________

FREE MARC EMERY, POLITICAL PRISONER!

61. lavie says:

The weakest link of this team: MAB!

62. lavie says:

This team does show Speed and Skills.

63. lavie says:

Even after two shotouts, from his body language and facial expressions, Leighton still has no self-confidence.

So after last night’s game, Leighton is back.

64. SLONCOLD says:

best 60 minutes i’ve seen them play so far. Did leighton look lost or what last nigth? that is why he is usually on waivers… keep it up boys and bring it hard on saturday

And good on halak for punching richards

65. joshua94k says:

Excuse of the year:

Chris Pronger was on the ice for the first four Habs goals. He also flubbed a pass, resulting in a turnover that helped give the Canadiens their second goal. “It hit some snow,” Pronger said of his errant pass.

HAHAHAHA!

66. Bob Barker says:

Speed kills. The forecheck was great last night forcing the Flyers D to rush their decisions. Halak was back to being the dominant goaltender we’ve seen this playoffs making key saves at key moments. AK46 will eventually start to bury goals in bunches. He’s had a lot of chances the last two games. Pouliot looked pretty good next to Gomez and Gionta. I think he’s starting to bounce back.

Moore, Lapierre and Pyatt were great last night and played their role to perfection.

That video is great. I like the music.

67. HabFanSince72 says:

By the way.

Anyone who thinks our coaching is bad should seriously consider switching sports to watch. I hear basketball can be entertaining.

68. HabFanSince72 says:

Interesting stat.

In their last ten must-win games, going back to the regular season, both the Habs and Flyers are 10-0 (well of course or else we wouldn’t be here).

The Flyers kept on coming even at 4-0 down. They are going to be a lot tougher to play against on Saturday. Let’s just hope Leighton has permanently come back down to his natural level.

69. Fant-HAB-ulous says:

I am totally loving Max LaPierre’s mouthiness! I started a FB group to get him mic’d for a game. Feel free to join..the more people the better!

70. Fansincebirth says:

I’m watching Canadien Express and I have a good feeling about this game :o)

God, that place was rocking.

From the opening whistle, this game was never in doubt. Unlike the first two games, we were hungry and confident.

Cannot believe that O’B was benched for that penalty. Poor coaching decision, IMHO.

Funny listening to the Flyers saying “next game we will be better”. Sounds very familiar. I remember Caps and Pens saying the exact same.

I said the other day that I believed Philly were playing their best but we still hadn’t played ours….yet. Last night, we were back in form and the Flyers don’t have another gear to shift into.

Laps – Love you playing like that. Montreal’s best teams have always had a shit disturber and we play our best games when he’s doing his thang.

MAB…..Loved the goal but please, have a seat.

Loved the heart, loved the drive, loved the crowd and energy they gave our guys.

Game on mofo’s, game on!

71. marshx says:

Our speed was incredible last night! Keep up that kind of play boys!!

Nice video btw.

72. joshua94k says:

The Canadiens have solved how to handle Pronger.

From Red Fisher:

“He came into the game with an average of 28:53 in his 14 games – and it showed. He looked tired. There were moments when the Canadiens’ speed appeared too much for him. He has been a wall for the Flyers throughout the playoffs, and still put in 26:49 last night – but they seemed to be difficult minutes.”

73. sCOTT1243 says:

Now that was better!  Everyone hustling, hitting, getting to the net, they play like this Philly has no chance.

Couple other points:

MAB – goal overshadows his brutal giveaways and lack of strength on D.  Oh well we won.

OB – poor guy, gets a chance and blows it…stupid rule, I hate it, he didn’t deserve to get benched.

Pouliot – better effort last night, you managed to stay on your feet.  This guy has a ton of potential, I say get him back in rotation with Gionta and Gomez.

Laps – invisible all year and now breaks out of his shell!  I don’t mind the BS he is pulling but we do not need another Avery on this team.  What I don’t like is when he shakes his gloves like he is going to drop them, one day someone will drop the gloves and knock him silly.  Keep hustling Laps you may have earned a spot on the team next year.

Anyway, awesome game, way to go Cammy getting the ball rolling, Halak, keep it up!

74. Clay4bc says:

Home ice…I fully expect to be playing Chicago… ;)

__________________________

FREE MARC EMERY, POLITICAL PRISONER!

75. TomNickle says:

The highest level I ever played was junior C.  Certainly doesn’t say much.  But you saying that a big save doesn’t change a hockey game tells me junior C is ions higher than any level you ever played.

You’re arguing against a statement that is common knowledge to ANYONE who has ever played hockey at a level other than a house league or shinny from all corners of the World.

Furthermore, my feelings about Jaroslav Halak as a person aren’t relevant to whether or not a big save changes a hockey game.  It isn’t specific to one goaltender, it’s worldwide little boy.

For the record, I respect Halak’s work ethic, skills and ability.  I don’t have to like him to respect him.  Just like you don’t have to like goalies to understand that a big save changes hockey games.  But I don’t expect somebody who lies about playing hockey to grasp that concept.

You are clearly lying if the point of this argument is your honest belief.

76. Mr_MacDougall says:

You are completely right about needing the big save their, would have put a lot of pressure on the AHL goalie at the other end…. but what if Giroux was given a holding the stick penalty instead of a Gomez hooking call? Then we would have had a one minute 5-3 PP early in the 1st. Although, I am convinced Philly is TOO DIRTY to be called for all their penalties anyway.

77. joeybarrie says:

What league?

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

78. TripleX says:

That is not imagination that is pure fantasy.  Let me refresh your memory.  The Habs were shut out for two games.  Halak makes a save and that translates into a goal?  Wow!  I have been playing hockey all my life and I never knew that.

“Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

79. TomNickle says:

If you didn’t know that a big save can light a fire under a goaltender’s teammates to push harder for a goal or that a big save can change a hockey game…

You either haven’t played hockey or you were the sucker at your team’s table who was clueless about situations on the ice throughout a game.

Big saves change games just as much as weak goals do.  Hockey players know that.

80. TripleX says:

I have been playing competitive hockey from the age of 10 dude.  And a team MVP three times.  How about you?

The Habs never had momentum in Philly and you have a consistent hate on for Halak.

81. mike g says:

I don’t wanna argue with you Triple X, but Tom’s right…

I played AA and AAA hockey my whole life. Believe me when I say a big save can change a game and give you momentum to score. Sure Halak won’t score the goal himslef for the Habs. But he’s giving them the OPPORTUNITY to score first, which is huge in any hockey game. If he let’s one in last night before Leighton does, the Habs are done. The fans are out of it, the team says “omg, are we ever gonna score. Were trailing again”, and so on.

Instead, he makes those big saves. The crowd goes nuts, which pumps up the team. The team see’s that their goaler and the fans are behind them. POW, Cammy pops one in, end of story. 5-1 result, that’s what confidence can do to you…

It’s like a big hit, a fight, stuff like that. They’re all momentum changers.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

82. Ayan_SB says:

FriedmanHNIC

Mother and son parked at side of road run to Halak’s car while he’s stopped in traffic. Ask for autograph, he obliges.

83. habsman-itoba says:

Martin lets PK play through his mistakes.  You said it yourself.

I think it’s all part of the type of player who makes the mistakes, not the actual name of the player.  PK is an offensive defenseman and his role, by it’s nature, makes him prone to a few mistakes.  O’B is supposed to be a defensive defenseman.  If he coughs up the puck and takes a penalty trying to dump the puck out, he is failing at his job.  I do think that O’B is needed in this series, because he can be great at his job, but when he’s showing nerves, he should not be playing.

I think that perhaps Martin should have played him later in the game when we had a nice lead, if only to help him regain his form, but I’m not the coach and I’m not the one who is leading this team to the cup.

84. ManApart says:

You’re comparing apples and oranges. PK is a really good hockey player. he does a ton of good things with the odd mistake. O’Byrne isn’t so good. He makes many more errors and brings a lot less to the table. You keep seeing the treatment of O’Byrne as a punish ment. It isn’t. It’s lack of confidence in the guy being able to get it done. If it was the regular season, I’m sure O’byrne would have a longer leash. I don’t blame JM at all. O’Byrne just seems slow in his decision making and makes me nervous when the game is on the line. I have all the confidence in the world that PK can get it done. The 2 cases cannot be compared at all.

85. Habhopeful says:

Ill get my nose outta JM’s behind as soon as you get your head outta your “behind”

Get your nose out of Martin’s behind. Martin wouldn’t dare bench PK.

its not that he wouldnt dare…Its that he cant…Because PK is that confident in his ability to rebound…Which is my point, ya follow Yoko Ono?

A young player can”t regain his confidence while sitting on the bench

He screwed up twice on his first two shifts! Which means he’s already nervous and panicky…If your not ready to play, like the rest of the team was (Minus MAB) then youll be on the bench..>The playoffs is that last place to cater to a certain player…He was re-inserted in the lineup to prove his worth…He didnt capitalize…Can you imagine the outcome had Philly scored on that first P.P and if Halak didnt make that swift pad save on Obie’s turnover in the defensive zone? could have made it 2-0…we’d all be singing a different tune had the game started that way…So take a chill pill and relax for a bit there Maharaja, I like the big Lug but im just stating my view on it

86. JustSomeguy says:

So, this is how I see it.

PK screws up, treats it as a learning experience, and tries to better his game. Cue the clips of Muller and Martin having one on one sessions with PK, and PK giving them his undivided attention. No bitching, no whining, just a desire to learn and improve.

SK screws up, internalizes it, and starts sulking. Cue the pic from the Gazoo a few days ago with him skating away from Martin.

O’Byrne screws up, loses his confidence and starts sliding south. Once his confidence is blown, he doesn’t come back. The crucual difference between SK and OB is that, as the poster above said, OB has shown the desire to improve … but he needs to work some things out in his head before he’s a day in, day out player.

The team’s other talented head case, Carey Price, HAS grown up over the last few months. He ain’t perfect (a goalie taking goofy penalties?), but he’s showing flashes of leadership (calling out SK for bailing early on practice), shows up for optional ice-time, encourages Halak, and looks genuinely ecstatic when Les Boys win. Being backup to some 43rd round draft pick is probably not how he saw his career unfolding 4 years ago, but he’s a better man now under Martin’s coaching than he was under the watch of Gainey of Carbo.

87. TomNickle says:

Yeah, you wouldn’t think that a kid in his early twenties who’s been anointed the next Roy who have any issues would ya?

Kudos to you for actually giving some credit to the kid though.

88. terrygain says:

Everybody makes mistakes.  O’B played 2 shifts after that first 20 second shift. They were 5 seconds and 38 seconds. PK  has made mistakes by the bucket full but he’s not sitting is he?  Martin is perverse and destroys the confidence of young players by not allowing them to play through their mistakes. O’B was plus 1 after the Washington series and plus/minus 0 after Pittsburgh. He was almost flawless playing with Markov in game 6 of the Washington series.

Look what Martin has done to Pouliot, brown nose.

89. Habhopeful says:

exactly my point! Hey! Don’t let anyone tell you your just some guy! Lol you da man Brutha! Damn Hab victories always get me riled up! Haha

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!”

~Rodney Dangerfield~

90. Habhopeful says:

Completely contradicting yourself! PK makes mistakes, quite a bunch for that matter yet he doesn’t get benched because he continually tries to improve and JM knows that…remember PK is considered a young player as well…he’s far from being ruined…pouliots play has diminished bigtime hence the benchings and so forth…jm didn’t do that, pouliot did and this is coming from a pou pou pouliot fanboy check the profile

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!”

~Rodney Dangerfield~

91. terrygain says:

Your wrong. PK gets to play through his mistakes. The others don’t. Guess what? If you sit after a mistake of course you are going to internalize it and play without confidence which will lead to more mistakes. This is otherwise known as the vicious Jacques Martin circle.

92. mike g says:

How that column was published is beyond anyone’s logic.

For a magazine that claims to be the “best” at covering hockey, they’re doing a pathetic job. Maybe there’s another reason why nobody watches in the US..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

93. habsman-itoba says:

I read that and then threw up a little.  Thanks.

94. ManApart says:

I don’t understand the uproar. Did you see downtown MTL after game 7 last series. After seeing it on TV, what do you think people would say about Montreal fans? They look like a bunch of punks to me. The city was even planning for it, loading up on riot police before the game, and it still happened. What does that say? Of course it’s only a small sample of Habs fans, but as they say, one rotten apple….

95. habsman-itoba says:

If you’ll notice, Mr. Hickey made a point of following up on his little licence plate fiasco, coming to the conclusion that Philly fans aren’t all bad, and hey, a lot of them are decent people.  THN did not follow up with their story and decided that they would let Habs fans look like thugs.  Not sure when their  journalistic integrity died, but that article is its obituary.

96. mike g says:

When the most popular and most successful franchise in hockey history has made it this far, overcoming such huge odds, and having gone this far for the 1st time in 17 years, you don’t spit out the bad news…

That riot was all over already, the soup was already cold; throw it out already. Every newspaper, tv station and radio frequency was pummeled with it for days. Let it go, THN is a magazine for hockey, not to report what criminals do. You and everyone know’s that those were kids trying to take advantage of a situation. It happened in Edmonton when they went to the Cup in 06, yet it wasn’t worldwide news. It happens every year in Europe when teams win, or lose. Cities get destroyed and people die there.

But as a professional magazine, like they should be, you never make fun of the fans. Those are your paying customers, those who put food on your table. I guarantee you not 1 Habs fan was happy when he read that, and there are alot who pay to get the magazine. They would have been so much better off by saying what an incredible run it is so far. And if they really felt the need to mention it, they could have had a small paragraph explaining what happened.

The final 4 teams each had their share of the magazine. All were positive except ours, yet we have the best and most inspiring story. THN missed the boat on that one.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

97. ManApart says:

I don’t know. I understand your point, but the editors felt like it was a valid story. I mean, it is something noteworthy. It doesn’t bother me, so I don’t care. If they didn’t write anything positive about the Habs story, just ran with the punk fans side of things, then I guess you have a gripe. What can you do? It’s their magazine. They report and tell the stories they think people would like to hear/know about. Fair enough IMO.

98. Rice Miller says:

Most of the “punks” I saw looting in the media shots wore nothing that affiliated them with the Habs. I’m willing to bet most of these “punks” were slimy opportunist, who saw a chance to loot and pillage while hiding behind a righteous celebration.

Furthermore, why do the police in Montreal, who said they were prepared this time, never seem to be able to get a handle on these situations? A lot of other cities, such as Calgary and Ottawa seem to be able to have their celebrations without these type of incidents. I just find it hard to believe that in this day and age, a city and their police force cannot control a few jerk-offs, who have a penchant to create havoc.

99. habsman-itoba says:

I usually read mine cover to cover to cover to cover.  Not this issue.  It’s been in the garbage since day one.

100. SeriousFan09 says:

I’ll see your Habs-bashing and raise you a piece that kissses Burke’s ass so badly you’re wondering if the writer was paid by Burke to write it in his awe over the 07 Ducks.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

101. SeriousFan09 says:

Cammalleri just got his 2nd HWBM spot made up, at this rate he’s going to be able to fill an entire commercial break for the Cup Final.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

102. Clay4bc says:

So we can count on the refs, then? Good to hear…

__________________________

FREE MARC EMERY, POLITICAL PRISONER!

NBC is on board for a Habs-Hawks final.

104. ManApart says:

Who is that with Hartnell in your avatar?

105. jennifer1984 says:

i would like to thank the Habs for an early birthday present with the Win last night, and hopefully a belated one tomorrow!

106. nightmare_49 says:

from TMZ

Ex-NHL Star Accused of Sex Crime Against Daughter

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/21/nhl-coach-mark-hardy-los-angeles-kings-hockey-sexual-abuse-daughter/#ixzz0oab0bzlt

107. naweed235 says:

here’s an on time birthday wish: all the best

Cheers

108. ManApart says:

Terrible. Never will understand these types of situations.

109. emann_222 says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

110. 100HABS says:

If this actually happened, it is absolutely horrible.

But the truth is, a 21-yr-old saying he “touched her down there without permission” sounds like a problematic 21-year old angry at her daddy and trying to get back at him for something.

111. PeterD says:

Thanks for today’s video…very inspiring…GO HABS GO…These are the glory days!

112. Natrous says:

No idea why she would include “without permission”.. that sounds a little odd. Most 21 year old women don’t allow such conduct with their fathers, period.

113. Harani says:

NEW History Will Be Made for Cammi : What if 13 was unlucky?

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

114. Bugs says:

And on the third day did the Lord descend on earth to partake in his faithful’s gathering, the barbecue at Gontrand’s place. And the masses did plead to him “Give us a good’ole fashioned azz-kickin, what the hell?! We’re friggin dyin out there!”

And the Lord did heareth them, and as He is a merciful god, he didth say “Oh, you want azz-kickin? I’ll give you azz-kickin!”

And since this was the will of the Lord, so His Word was made manifest unto this earth, as delectable as Gontrand’s baked potatas. And it were good.

May the glory of the Lord’s azz-kickin baked potatas find you as well. In the name of the Captain, the Rookie, and the Holy Ghosts, a-friggin-men.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

115. Say Ash says:

What was in the final concoction, Bugsy?

116. WindsorHab-10 says:

Red Fisher needs to hang up his pen & note pad or join the CBC crew and make more excuses for the Flyers.

Just pathetic.

117. Say Ash says:

Somebody posted this earlier: “MAB is playing his heart out. He is about the lowest paid player on the roster, he transformed our power play this year into a very good one after it struggled early, and without him we wouldn’t have made the playoffs. It’s not his fault Markov and Mara are hurt, or that the coach has no faith in O’Byrne.

The fan club has grown, it seems.

118. marlboro says:

Bugs, I’m working on a radio add spot for a bank in buffalo, gimme something witty, I cant think of anything.

119. habsman-itoba says:

Huh?

120. Storm Man says:

Bugs it looks like you need something to do? If so head down to Le Banquise and have a T-Rex it well make you happy :)

121. ManApart says:

MAB is to the Habs PP as Thor is to Asgard. Integral with superhuman power.

122. Storm Man says:

Timo….. I hope your joking about MAB sure he has a nice slapper from the point but that is all. I would look into lasik eye surgery if you think he is more then a one trick pony. Hows things in Ctown? I will be back Monday.

123. Storm Man says:

Here you need to call this number 514-362-8677 it will do you a world of good.

124. Eliisa says:

Sunshine, I was with you on the MAB wagon all along. I too can recognize a diamond in the rough, give this guy Gomez’s salary- STAT. Can’t let this gem slip through our fingers.

125. ManApart says:

What number is that? MAB’s?

126. pmaraw says:

these habs history will be made videos keep popping up everywhere!  whats going on?  I totally thought this one was gonna be a Mats Sundin one >.>

127. bigdave says:

Maybe something about betting all your Buffalo Chips !

“The Allo Police Media – a collection of bitter ex-coaches, players and wannabees whose collective lack of success accounts for their present positions in Sports’ equivalent of a Jerry Springer Show”

128. Say Ash says:

Nobody’s skating today? No update on Carter? Laperriere? Nothing?

129. pmaraw says:

DarrenDreger

Sources say Laperriere is considered likely for game 4, while Jeff Carter is a probable for game 5 on Monday.

130. avatar_58 says:

Hey it’s all true. I mean really, he’s just playing within his limits is all. Can’t fault the poor guy for that. I just wish we didn’t have to rely on what is essentially a career AHL’er. He has heart, grit and isn’t afraid of getting nailed/pushed around.

Just a shame we can’t transplant some skill in there :( I hate it when good guys don’t have the skill they need to be elite. Heart and courage can only take you so far, without proper hockey sense, knowing when to pass and what to do…..you’ll be the scapegoat.

131. pmaraw says:

they should have one of these with brian burke giving his “we didnt make the playoffs and im mad as hell speech” only at the end it says History won’t be made.

132. ManApart says:

Laperriere I’m not concerned about at all. He’s a Begin at this point in his career. A heart and soul guy, but not someone who will upset the end result. He can get too riled up and take bad penalties. Carter, on the other hand, is very scary. Even if he can’t skate 100%, he’s a PP factor and is a big boost for the Flyers. Inspirational for the Flyers just to know those guys are returning. Just like if we got word Markov was coming back next game. In saying that, what a shame about Markov. He could add so much. Damn ACL.Sad.

133. Norcal Habsfan says:

Mr. Hickey , I met you in San Jose and we had a nice conversation. But I am only now comprehending your true rock star status in journalism. Guys stealing your license plate and displaying the trophy on the internet like a prom queen’s pair of panties? I’m truly sorry for your troubles but I’m impressed.

134. Bill J says:

Google it – it is a legit #…. Should explain it all once you google it.

135. Canadiangrrl says:

All judgment on this matter should be reserved until more information is available.  <<< Except for yours, apparently.

136. ManApart says:

But he does have superhuman power. His shots go right through goaltenders.

137. Seppo says:

Omg Boone Thanks for posting my video lol. And for those who left comments, thanks a lot !

138. Will Longlade says:

Boy, Subban has wheels. Fast skater and great balance. Fun to watch in the same way Lafleur was.

Last night was the best demonstration of team speed I’ve ever seen and IMO the Hab’s best game of the 2010 playoffs. It was like watching the Flying Frenchmen of old, only this time around the Hab’s have a couple speedsters from Toronto’s backyard, a couple fleet of foot Yankees, a darting Harvard guy deemed expendable by his old team, a Franco-Ontarian with a fast, long stride and a mish mash of other fast guys.

Among the players who played their best game of the playoffs: Hammer, Moore, Metro, Pyatt, AK46 (even though he didn’t score), Pleks, Gomez, Gionta, Pouliot, Subban and Lapierre. Let’s hope the Habs have just as many guys pulling the same way tomorrow.

IMO, Philly will atempt to disrupt the monentum with some ugly stuff early in Game 4. Ian L. will be on the ice for the 1st shift to try to set the tone. Assuming JM intends to use OB sparingly in Game 4, I’d opt to have him onth ice for the start of the game along with Moen.

139. Habhopeful says:

Nabokov asleep on that one! But that was Soooooooooo fast! “I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!” ~Rodney Dangerfield~

140. Mr_MacDougall says:

Great job, don’t listen to the haters.. that was great!

141. ManApart says:

That’s great, thanks for sharing.

142. Geoff F says:

Hey guys,

You are going to love this.  I just got this from a friend and made a change to it.  It’s awesome, i love it.

143. Natrous says:

…except for he’s not a Swede.

144. Xtrahabsfan says:

Love’s it Geoff…..PERFECT!,LOL

145. LizardKing1967 says:

Wow. That video just brought tears to my eyes. The little team that no one thought could. Look where they are now.

1993: We lost first two to the Nordiques, then we all know what happened. It was easy ’cause the top teams that year were out of the playoffs before we got to the Semi-Finals. Well…….this year WE TOOK OUT THE TWO BEST TEAMS!!!!!!

Jim-out. I BELIEVE!

146. Habs4ever Fan says:

Go habs go

Always a believer

Habs win in 7 in spite of JM’s coaching.

147. Rice Miller says:

What a game! Nothing like old fashioned hustle and skating to put a bully in it’s place. The only way we will beat this team is to keep frustrating them to the point where they think and act like they’re the Hanson brothers. Although the refs decided to let them play hockey, I think this will only play into Philly’s ultimate game plan. They cannot skate with us, so they will try to slow us down through intimidation and restraint.

Why was there was no instigator penalty called on Briere, Richards or Hartnell at the end of the game? You would think one of them should be gone.

On another note, I’m sick of listening to cole, healy and galley. I’m sure the powers ‘that be’ in TO for CBC have purposely stuck us with these three moronic homers. Between Cole’s senile banter and his penchant to follow the play, 30 seconds after it happens, the other two are just as brutal. Galley is probably wearing his Bruins underoos as he spouts his Ottawa-centric crap, while healy did everything he could, including pleasing (if you know what I mean) most of the Ontario teachers, to get Burke’s job. Why do they insist with on sticking us with these clowns? Imagine if the leafs (I know, bad example) went this far in the play-offs, do you think CBC would insert Carbo and Irvin to do their games?

148. coachdoug says:

Great team effort…Habs got net presence and they were able to move the puck around in front of Leighton…much more physical…

Moore was unreal…What a puck handler…He is a faster and smaller version of Metro…

Subban was awesome…best part of the night was when Suban was chirping Pronger and getting in his face…seems like a brave kid who does not back down…He needs to do a little MMA training this summer though to make sure he can back it up…

I think JM outcoached Laviolette last night…gave the Flyers a different look…kept offensive pressure on all night by pinching the D and taking chances…I love Subban’s rush to the net…Flyers were not ready for that…forecheck was much more agressive…

Flyers will cough up the puck if we forecheck early and cut down on their speed in the neutral zone…

My only complaint is Plek…Turtleneck man where are you???  We need you now and not just on the PK!

149. terrygain says:

Nonsense. The team eschewed Jacques Martin hockey and  reverted to fire-wagon hockey of our glorious past. Martin plays 47 and sits 20. Martin is incompetent.

150. idle says:

The Plekanec we saw most of the season would have taken that pass when he was wide open in front of the net and snapped it right away into one of the top corners for a sure goal instead of trying that lame deak.

It’s a MAB MAB world.

151. Harani says:

I’m leavin’ for Toronto right now. I’ll post later about the game in the meanwhile, I just thought you have to all see this! Lappy and his faces. VERY Annoying-looking! Don’t you just think he should be on a Colgate ad?

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

152. Habhopeful says:

They didnt show the one at the end where he was convulsing and laughing at them lol hilarious stuff

153. idle says:

It’s spelled “embarrassing stuff”

It’s a MAB MAB world.

154. Habhopeful says:

Embarrassingly hilarious!

155. ed lopaz says:

Habs hockey = Smart hockey we work as a team, and we win as a team. we play 5 man defence – not just 2.

was at the game last night.

Leighton was shaky from the first shot he faced and the crowd knew it.

This series could easily turn in our favor now – as the Flyers ‘soft underbelly” is exposed once again.

Flyers are stacked with talent – every line comes out with energy, talent and plays with an edge.

BUT BUT BUT BUT………their goaltending will be their undoing.

THERE IS NO WAY THAT LEIGHTON IS A STANLEY CUP WINNING GOALIE – not this year.

we need to keep the pressure on – keep forcing the Flyers more in their zone -

keep shooting the puck.

If we keep playing like last night – agressive and with purpose – we win in 6, flyers will not win another game.

156. Habs4ever Fan says:

Completely agree

Habs in 7 in spite of JM’s coaching

157. REB says:

Price, Halak and Desjardins are all RFAs after this season; it would not surprise me if Philly made an offer sheet to one, nor would it surprise me if Price signed it.

158. soperman says:

What a game.  What a game.  The Habs are on fire!

Glenn Healy in the third period of game two said that if the Habs lose game two it will be impossible for them to come back.  (Apparently he didn’t watch either team in the first two rounds.)

Glenn Healy in the third period of game three (apparently his mind was temporarily possessed by a real analyst) said you knew (yeah we knew but did you know?) that the Habs were going to come out strong and have a good shot at winning this game.

Do they think make each comment indepently of everything else they have ever freakin said?  Or does he think that 2-1 is still an insurmountable lead for the Phylers in a seven game series?

CBC needs to hire some new broadcasters for their hockey telecasts.  (Or get out of hockey all together.)

“Pusie possessed a wickedly wild shot, so inaccurate that he could not hit the province of Quebec if he was standing inside the Montreal Forum.” Dick Beddoes

159. terrygain says:

The  Communist Broadcasting Company should be put out of its misery.

160. adam76 says:

Glen Healey is one of the most obnoxious tools in the industry.  CBC not only needs to lose hockey – the should not even exist.  It cost BILLIONS to run that joke of a network – all so we can listen to Bob Cole get confused between and icing and an off side and outstanding reruns like wind at my back.

CBC should allow the PBS model in the states.  You want another season of Little Mosque, you have a pledge drive.   It makes me sick listening the Healey – all the time knowing I am the one paying his salary.

Do what I do.  Mute the volume and crank up CJAD.  It doesnt always sync 100% – but a million times better then the CBC.

161. Canadiangrrl says:

Glenn Healy is a second string commentator who was formerly a second string goalie on a second rate team.  Cole is getting up there in years and his accuracy is questionable at times but his enthusiasm is contagious and I like the man.

Healy seldom contributes anything of value to the broadcast.  He’s a giant tool and I cringe nearly every time he opens his mouth.  It was so bad the other night that my normally mild-mannered fiance (HIO’s Chuck) was hurling colourful invective at the television set.  We switched over to RDS.  I’m bilingue and Chuck understands French just fine.  RDS is a vast improvement, especially when Healy’s flapping his gums.

162. adam76 says:

JM adjusted - he is coaching well.

163. Habs4ever Fan says:

Playing Obryne for 1 minute and keeping MAB on the ice makes no sense.

He expects to bench a guy for 4 games and that he will be perfect when he comes back?

MAB keeps coughing up the puck….thus his excellent plus minus rating! JOKE

164. 123456 says:

at least you do not have to watch the versus feed.

secret mod

165. idle says:

Because this Montreal Canadiens team is such a power house that a good coach would have them walking over everyone with their firewagon hockey and winning 4 streight every series?

Your where the term “delusional Habs fans” comes from.

It’s a MAB MAB world.

166. coachdoug says:

While I wish he would play O’Byrne more let’s face it OB was jittery when he went out there…The kid has been through a lot this year…JM may be helping him…remember when he scored on our net last year…Martin will not take chances in the playoffs…with that said I have no idea why MAB gets so much time…Pearn must love him…

This team plays what Martin says not what they want…Martin is an authoritarian coach not a players coach…Muller is probably drwaing up the O plan with Martin giving him guidance…

167. G-Man says:

Got it in 1. Well said.

168. Habhopeful says:

Pleks stick just about accidentally clipped pronger in the face, none deserved nonetheless but thats emotions…Did you see Gorges Crosscheck Giroux in the face? lol

169. BoomBoom says:

Anybody see Pronger’s cheapshot on Pleks last night during the 2nd period? After a scrum in front of Leighton, Coburn or Timonen had Pleks in a headlock. Pronger skates by and punches Pleks in the back (kidney area). OK the gloves were on and perhaps he didn’t throw his hardest punch but it was still a cheapshot on a guy who was in a headlock and didn’t see the punch coming….Pronger is nothing but a cheapshot artist.

170. 100HABS says:

Yeah I saw that and reacted to it, but was not surprised. Prongs is known as the dirtiest player currently in the NHL (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=277623). Obviously, that’s why the Flyers picked him up, he fits their mould.

171. Xtrahabsfan says:

The Zebra seen it too!

172. Habhopeful says:

PK Seems to have that trait that alot of NHL Rookies (sophmores & veterans as well) lack…The drive to do better, Confident in his ablilities to change his weaknesses into strengths and to play for the TEAM…Not himself…He still has some learning to do but boy I am so excited we have a player like him…

There is absolutley no way JM can ruin PK because PK is JM’s type of player..JM knows if PK screws up…PK will better himself and come back stronger in order to learn from his mistakes…You dont see that trait in SK or Obyrne sadly…Although you can tell Obyrne does not want to give up…SK still probably believes he is deservant of a roster spot…O’byrne will have to somehow work through his defencies, albeit its difficult if he is benched as soon as he screws up but he made 2 mistakes that could have lead to goals on us in his first two shifts of the game yesterday…The coaching staff inserts him into the lineup for the first time and he looks nervous and hesitant with the puck…If your not ready to play, you will be benched and hopefully learn from it…MAB is a different story because he is confident in his ability to make several turnovers per game lol sounds stupid but its true…All thats needed from him is to get the shot off on the P.P and even if he manages to not get the shot off during that certain P.P…Its still needed on the next P.P…Thats why the COACHING STAFF (Not only JM) keeps him in the lineup

173. terrygain says:

There is absolutley no way JM can ruin PK because PK is JM’s type of player

Get your nose out of Martin’s behind. Martin wouldn’t dare bench PK.

O’byrne will have to somehow work through his defencies (sic)

A young player can”t regain his confidence while sitting on the bench

MAB is a different story because he is confident in his ability to make several turnovers per game lol sounds stupid but its true.

Stupid yes, and totally incoherent.

174. BoomBoom says:

Yeah, I loved it…Giroux throwing his gloves and stick…slowly making his way back to bench. Overall, I loved the way the Habs stood up to the Flyers last night.  I wished a replay of Spacek punching Briere in the face was available. RDS commentators said that Spacke threw a mean right at Briere after getting slashed. Briere is a piece of sh*t and the Flyer I would most like to see get punched in the face..more than Carcillo or Hartnell.

175. Habhopeful says:

Bah not me, I want someone to break the only remaining teeth Carcillo has left…cant stand the guy..>Laviolette does a pretty good job of controlling him somewhat…I hate him for his blatant embellishments..>Sure Lappy has been guilty of it but Carcillo has been doing it ALL Playoffs and its so blatant!

176. Habhopeful says:

Cant happen….Philly is missing the required draft picks to make an offer sheet

177. HabFanSince72 says:

Halak didn’t get a star but he made three huge saves when it was 0-0.

Imagine how the game might have turned out had one or two of those gone in.

178. sholi2000.com says:

You don’t have to imagine, just watch game two.

Imagine if Halak would have stopped that bullet to the top corner by Briere, maybe the Habs would be up 2-1.

I believe they outplayed the Floggers in game two, and I believe that the Habs are a better team and will win the series.  I’d love to see it done in six……….

They Call Me Shane

179. MontrealAtheist says:

Imagine how the game might have turned out had one or two of those gone in.”

Hmmmm, 5-2 instead of 5-1 ???

180. coachdoug says:

Just got my new Hockey News and expected an article about the Habs great playoff play…Instead Ken Campbell is calling Habs fans young punks and comparing them to Toronto fans…

181. mike g says:

I got mine last week…

When I saw that was the only thing about the Habs in the whole magazine, I threw it out. I usually keep them all in my room, going back about 3 years. This is the only one I’ve thrown out. The most glorious and historic franchise in hockey history has made it to the Conference Finals for the 1st time in 17 years. Defeated the NHL’s 2 favorite money-making posterboys in Sid and Ovi. Eliminated the best team in the league and the Defending Cup champs. Done with a team that was predicted and could have finished below 10th places in the East. And our goaltender is by far, and I mean maybe 10,000 miles far, the leading candidate for the Conn Smythe. All of this in 2 thrilling game 7′s.

And all they could write about is our fans looking like Leafs fans? It’s a real disgrace, and I’ve sent my letter of complaint and will not be renewing my subscription anymore. I’m sorry, but they’ve made a joke of themselves. The only thing Hab fans and Leaf fans have in common, is that we both have to fork out big cake to go to the games.

That’s it. What a poor issue it was. To think that the Habs have the biggest fan base in the world among all hockey teams. Talk about hitting your target market; with a slap in the face, that is.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

182. Geoff F says:

Dude, do you get out much?  This is a joke video.

Anyhow how do you know the Swedes aren’t fans of our Slovakian hero?

183. SlovakHab says:

Considering he knocked them out in Vancouver in the quarterfinals, I’d say they like him as much as we like Martin F. Brodeur. :D :D

B.Burke is building the Bruins through the draft.

184. Say Ash says:

Ha! Yeah. “Except it’s not really about Halak.”

185. habbytown says:

Carter is playing tomorrow afternoon.

186. Say Ash says:

Laperriere, too?

187. namgel says:

Good he can limp through the game and we’ll still skate circles aorund ‘em.

188. SlovakHab says:

Some awesome Photoshop from Four Habs Fans blog

B.Burke is building the Bruins through the draft.

189. avatar_58 says: