Finally, a game

And it was worth waiting for.

The Canadiens are in Boston for a genuine four-ponter.

P.K. credits Hal Gill for mentoring

Bruins beef up with Jordan Caron

• Gill gives P.K. the gears and scab Journal writer takes it seriously. Arpon Basu explains what went down

• Gaston Therrien wants more consistency from Benoit Pouliot

• Marc Antoine Godin’s assessment of Pierre Gauthier’s first year

• Stu Hackel on the players and head shots

• TSN has trade deadline playbooks for the East and the West

Jaro stops 30 of 31 and Matt D’Agostini scores the winner

Carolina loses but gets a point

Surging Sabres light up Roloson

1. punkster says:

Wow and if they all get going at the same time we may actually have the potential (potential, I say) for 3 scoring lines?.OK, OK, I’m getting ahead of myself. But still.

***Subbang!!!***

2. Storm Man says:

This is my take on what Gauthier does before or on trade deadline day. It will be a players or players no one has talked about on this site that is for sure. Im glad to see no more talk of Iggy that was driving me nuts. Now we have talk of Penner that is not going to happen. It will be someone out of the blue.

3. Storm Man says:

That is a good night of hockey for MAB.

4. StevieRay says:

I love watching Boucher coach … you can literally see the steam coming out of his ears …excited dude he is ! Maybe in a few years time we can get him back … what a coaching culture shock that would be .

5. Gormdog says:

Thanks man, and I completely agree, there is a big chance I could end up pigeonholing myself.

And no, that is’nt some sort of gay term for…. Nevermind. I’ll keep it for the blog :P

6. Bugs says:

Yes, and now we’re adding “scoring depth” to Halpern and Moen. Yay.

Eller is, unfortunately and despite his potential, utterly useless. He is AT BEST, at the very, very BEST, a 4th liner. At the moment. Maybe not after a Pac-Man or Soobie stint in Hamilton, but at the moment, he’s totally useless. I mean, c’mon. This isn’t about “working hard” or “Halak trade face-saving” or “development” anymore, right? I mean, I don’t wanna be mean or anything, but gosh bless’m, he’s totally useless. And he should go for a stint in tha AHL. Worked for Soobie and the Pac-Man, so why can’t it work for him? He’s got a lot of good qualities. I think he could be an EXCELLENT 3rd line checker. And that’s huge and that would suit me.

4th liner. Eller out. Other 4th liner in. White. Poolio up. Bob’s your uncle. What’s the problem here?

I don’t wanna see Poolio “not complain” about not gettin more ice-time; I just wanna see him get more ice-time.

So no Gomez trade then… boo! Cause he is barely ever mentioned.

Haha… coffee snort.

9. mrhabby says:

your in love with MAB.

10. Storm Man says:

Someone has been doing homework. Very good call Andrew and nice pick-up on my clue.

Enough with the D already… even our depleted d corps can for the most part hold the fort. The team needs scoring (yes, apparently close to 30 mil tied in 5 players is not enough) and body presence up front. Other than Iginla, none of the other names mentioned are the answer for the Habs.

12. andrewberkshire says:

I’m getting ahead of myself as well, but damn. Can you imagine? 3 scoring lines… The future of the team looks very bright, and a couple big time prospects will likely be joining Hamilton next season in Kristo and Leblanc.

13. Rudy says:

I should know better than to take a drink before reading a Bugs post “Swahilian child of FOUR…..”

Excellent point made re scab and french media

“Start the season with a clean equipment bag and a freah bucket of febreze!”-CharlieHodgeFan

14. andrewberkshire says:

The point is that Pouliot is serving the team more effectively on the 3rd line than he would on the 1st or second. By adding his scoring abilities to a 3rd line you’re forcing the opponent to defend more than just Plekanec and Gomez’s lines.

As for Eller being useless, that’s just not true at all. If not scoring = useless automatically, well that’s just a simpleton’s way of looking at it. And we all know you’re not a simpleton Bugs.

The fact is that this is a development year for both Eller AND Pouliot. They’re both learning on the job.

15. mrhabby says:

i like those words ..”utterly useless”.lol.

16. Storm Man says:

Hope it did not burn. :)

17. Storm Man says:

We need D come playoff time.

18. Rudy says:

While I hate rental players, and don’t believe anyone is going to get us any closer to the Finals (have to wait until next year with a healthy team), this would be a good deal. It would reduce minutes for Hammer, and hopefully keep Spacek on his normal side and reduce his minutes. Maybe it would give us a few more games in the playoffs.

19. Chuck says:

For those of you that like to watch Hab games, but prefer to stream the audio from CJAD:

20. andrewberkshire says:

I still don’t think it’s highly likely, but I think it’s more likely than most ‘rumours’.

21. andrewberkshire says:

The lack of scoring has nothing to do with personnel and everything to do with the way Jacques Martin coaches the team.

22. Mark C says:

Just having a little fun, Cat. Almost all rookies/young players take a seat from time to time. We’ve seen Del Zotto, Bogosian, and Seguin before have it happen to them this year, it’s not a big deal.

23. andrewberkshire says:

I agree that next year is more likely to be our year than this one. I guess what it depends on is if the price for Brewer is acceptable. I doubt he’d be had for anything less than a 2nd rounder, which even then is a stretch, so it probably isn’t worth it unless Gauthier thinks the team has a legitimate shot at winning the cup.

24. The Cat says:

Right…I knew that…

Finally, a game

The Canadiens are in the Motor City.

Maybe Scott Gomez and P.K. Subban will play.

Maybe they won’t.

Gomez hopes rest is tonic

Martin details Weber-Subban and his thoughts behind the situation: Stubbs column

Cam Cole blasts benching of P.K.

• Stubbs on some of the season’s better hockey books

• Pat Hickey on Jarred Tinordi