Ex-Hab Momesso seeking stolen jerseys, ring

Sergio Momesso in his days as a Canadien.
Courtesy www.momesso.com

Former Canadien Sergio Momesso is hoping some good samaritan can help him retrieve the hockey memorabilia that was stolen from his Montreal-suburban Kirkland home on Saturday night.

Momesso is devastated that three of his NHL jerseys – No. 36 for the Canadiens, No. 27 for the Vancouver Canucks and No. 27 for the St. Louis Blues (which was signed by linemate Brett Hull) – were taken.

Also stolen was Momesso’s 1986 diamond-encrusted Stanley Cup ring.

The robbery occurred some time between 7:30 and 11 p.m.

Anyone with any information or any leads is asked to call Info-Crime at (514) 393-1133, or Station 1 at (514) 280-0101.

Alternatively, you can reach Momesso through the website listed above as the credit to the photos appearing here.

Thanks to The Gazette’s Karen Seidman for providing this item.

1. Ed says:

It was Andre Lacroix. He won the Red Tilson Trophy in 1964-65 and 1965-66. Let’s hope Momesso gets his back in the near future.

2. Ed says:

I hope he gets everything back, as they have to be priceless to him. About three months ago, there was a lot of news here about a former NHL and WHA player, now living in the U.S., who had his two OHL MVP awards stolen back in the 1970′s. Somebody here bought them on EBay, the police were contacted, and everything was returned to the thankful former hockey player. He never thought he would get them back after all those years. I am sorry I can’t remember his name, but he was from Quebec, and I believe won the awards while playing with the Peterborough Petes.

3. RetroMikey says:

Sorry to hear about his personal items gone. As an investigator, I would keep surfing on eBay where the items would possibly show up or on Classic Collectibles. It’s a dirty business, the world of sports memorabilia. Look what happened to OJ Simpson in Las Vegas recently. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels who did this!

“We will win the Cup only with Carey Price in the nets”

4. HabsProf says:

They can take the items, but they can’t steal the memories!

Poor consolation, I know, but we’ll always remember your contribution to the Habs, Sergio.

And if they ever catch the guy, I hope they sentence him to play without equipment against a Habs old-timers team. I’m sure they would need a chisel to separate his remains from the boards.

5. RH says:

That’s unfortunate. I’d be keeping an eye on e-bay though. With all the Habs fans around the world, someone is going to spot the stolen items.

6. RiverviewCanadien says:

Hopefully someone will come clean and report it if noticed.

7. Cable Guy says:

Thats terrible. I hope they can recover this stuff and get it back to him.

8. Habs_008 says:

It hasta be someone who knew all that stuff was in there, someone close to him or someone who has gone in his home before. If I had a Cup Ring I would keep it in a Safe. But thats just me, I hope they find the people that took his stuff.

9. krob1000 says:

If I were Sergio Momesso I’d be wearing it and daring people to try and take it from me. Seriously though good luck Sergio that is really unfortunate but at least the rign would be identifiable and someone should notice it somewhere.