Ellis to test free-agent market:TSN

This from TSN’s Bob McKenzie via Twitter: All indications are that goaltender Dan Ellis will be going to market tomorrow. Doesn’t preclude MTL as a destination, but opens it up.

1. mjames says:

Last time I checked neither Boyd nor Ellis was  a member of the Habs. Neither will sign as it is in their interest to go the FA route. It is doubtful Gauthier can compete due to cap constraints – thank you Bob. Gauthier is creating the illusion of being active through his smoke and mirrors charade. The bottom line – he has traded Halak and SK74 for some prospect with the Blues. Job well done ???.

I see M Boone has not lost his edge in the off season. I saw where he has to take one last shot at SK74 as he leaves town – Nice touch Mike. If he really had some cajones he would direct his pen to Gainey, JM and PG. Those guys surely warrant some of Mike’s attention.

One last question – what is the over/under for when Price enters rehab for a drinking problem.?

2. aemarchand11 says:

Vestiare also tweets that the account is fake. Thanks!

3. HabsFanInTampa says:

She played a total of two preseason games. It was later acknowledged by General Manager Phil Esposito that he did it as a publicity stunt for his Lightning expansion team.

4. c.robillard says:

This is a terrible line-up. I would never take Kovalchuk, not even if a Fantasy Draft in NHL10, NOT EVEN in a hockey pool.

5. dudurules says:

relax folks.. just wishful thinkin or suggestive hoping

6. Curtis O Habs says:

Bozongas, bonads and bozmatos are also O.K.

7. HabsFanInTampa says:

She played two preseason games.

8. WarHero says:

If anyone is not familiar with Hockeybuzz, here are links to a couple good Habs related blogs that might be on of interest:

Eric Engles

Kamal Panesar

9. habsfansince91 says:

lol i actually found it funny seeing everyone freaking out over it.

10. c.robillard says:

I remember this! How many games did she play for Tampa?

11. Curtis O Habs says:

What made you pick Bonnie Lindros?

12. WarHero says:

While I disagree that Price is “unproven”, signing Ellis would indeed be nice 🙂

Or screaming “Hi” to your friend “Jack” at an airport.

14. WarHero says:

While I like Hockeybuzz, take what you read there with a grain of salt. The vast majority of it is speculation but still fun to read 🙂

15. HabsFanInTampa says:

To anyone born after 1992, Google Manon Rheaume.

16. WarHero says:

Good point, I agree with you. I’m guessing he’s hoping that the GMs just think he’s better then the others. lol

17. Storm Man says:

– 31.

18. Curtis O Habs says:

19. Danno says:

I miss Mushmouth…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

20. rwparent says:

Ellis is very, very solid. He has one of the best shutout ratios over the last few years. He also played quite well in the playoff games he started. Gauthier would be smart to make a solid offer. Price is unproven – that is the reality. Either way, ditching SK was a good move and Boyd adds a little much need sandpaper.

21. mike g says:

Ya last week…

That’s why I know how mean it is to do something like that lol…

I appologize once again

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

22. Storm Man says:

Football season does not start yet.

23. ZepFan2 says:

Englisn translation (sort of)

Priority Montreal

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

24. ZepFan2 says:

It says: “Note à tous: Je ne suis ni sur facebook, ni sur twitter. Avis aux

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

25. ZepFan2 says:

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

26. Rugger says:

However, there are risks involved on his end.  Not a lot of starting positions open and a lot of UFA’s.  If he waits, the Montreal back-up spot can be easliy filled tomorrow by a UFA or a commitment to Sanford.

27. kempie says:

Yep, not cool. Not at this hour on a day like today. This is a big deal at the mo. Like yelling FIRE in a crowded theatre.

28. habsfansince91 says:

didn’t you make a fake trade not to long ago?

29. HabsFanInTampa says:

Tampa Bay is so in need of a goaltender that they could probably start a girl in nets. Oops, never mind.

If he reads these pages hopefully for a long illustrious career!!!

31. mike g says:

You can’t just come on this site and throw stuff like that around lol..

People who saw what you wrote are going insane right now. It’s not nice, not one bit.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

32. aemarchand11 says:

I cant open the link, I am at work and they have it blocked with websense.   The twitter account says that he finally cracked and got it. Given the time of year, it wouldnt be too suprising but i was skeptical as well.

33. christophurrr says:

d’oh, i had visions of frolov dancing in my head when i heard “his” hammer tweet

34. WarHero says:

I hope Ellis does decide to go with us, but if not, no worries. There are planty of goalies in the sea, so to speak.

Would be nice to get Ellis, but I can understand where he is coming from. If I was in his shoes I wouldn’t want to make a decision before knowing all of the options I had available. Seems sensible 🙂

35. emann_222 says:

I don’t know too many veterans that want to play back up to someone with Price’s record last year.

36. Storm Man says:

Wow that person need a life.

37. TorontoHabsFan says:

I’m still trying to figure out who Ellis thinks he can start for (if the reports are true that is). Who are reportedly looking for starting goalies?

San Jose and Tampa Bay? Edmonton (maybe)?

And who else is available as a Free Agent?

Not sure where he’d fit.

38. The Cat says:

I dont know if he is but for my money,  Martin McGuire is the last word when it comes to the habs.

39. dudurules says:

Hammer to Ana

40. mike g says:

For those who think Renaud Lavoie is reporting that Ellis will sign here, and that Hamrlik is being traded right now….

Renaud is not on Facebook or Twitter. It’s a fake person using his name, pretending to be reliable.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

41. WAR72 says:

seems price has more experience than ellis. plus hes been playing in montreal during his career, ellis in nashville…who should be the mentor? i dont get it. i thought price needs a VET backing him up.

Don’t you mean HairHeads?

We scoff at you because for every one readable item you submit, you pollute these pages with 20 more ghastly Scenes from Eraserhead with which to stupefy us.

I thought you were the one who said that this trade can’t be assessed until after tomorrow.

Why don’t you told-you-so then? BTW you’re penchant for wanting to be right is more annoying than your posts. I pity your children if you ever get any, but that would mean that you actually are able to not annoy the hell out of woman, which by reading your posts doesn’t seem likely.

This is a forum to exchange ideas, something your hard head is seemingly incapable of grasping.

43. Danno says:

Sergei and Andrei

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

44. zozotheclown says:

Well this is an odd place to c/p my post, but anyway…. Any young goalie can use a mentor, some people need them and some people don’t, maybe Price doesn’t need one at this point in his career, but even if its not a necessity, he could benefit from having one. Why compare him to 3 of the greatest goalies ever anyway, thats not what he is, yet, can’t we just be happy that we have a good goalie, he doesn’t have to be the next greatest goalie ever at 22.

45. habsfan0 says:

July 1,1997: Before a sellout crowd of 50,476 at the Skydome (most of whom were cheering for the Expos) Jeff Juden outduels Roger Clemens and the Blue Jays 2-1…how times have changed..

46. Storm Man says:

It has been a nice and peacefull day on HIO today.

47. Propwash says:

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

RDS reporting the exact opposite. Says that Ellis would rather come to an agreement with the Habs before testing free agency.

49. JD_ says:

Some guys have all the Laak.

50. PeterStone says:

excellent !!

51. habsfan0 says:

Compared to last July 1st when Gentleman Bob almost redid the entire team, I wonder how anticlimactic this one will seem?

52. Kooch7800 says:

What about Sanford?  I would sign him in a heart beat.

53. TripleX says:

Funbags has always appealed to me.  Very descriptive.

“Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

54. kerson15 says:

Here we go:

Kovalchuk  plekanec    cammalleri

pouliot      moore       gionta

eller         lapierre        pyatt

moen      boyd    darche

Markov    Subban

Michalek  Spacek

Gill          Gorges

55. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

Personally, I don’t think hometown makes any difference. I think we could have Bonnie Lindros as a backup, and if Price stumbles, we’ll start hearing “she at least deserves a chance.”

56. HabsFanInTampa says:

So it’s come down to this now. We can’t have English speaking captains or coaches because of the “French Media”. We can’t have French speaking backup players because of the “French Media”. Who’s in charge of this so-called powerful entity called the “French Media”, is it Don Corleone? 🙂

Please someone explain to me why everybody is afraid of the “French Media”????? I seriously don’t get it!

57. Danno says:

It’s a good sign that Ellis can laugh at the Montreal media, but how long will that last?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

58. habsfansince91 says:

i don’t know much about lavoie. Is he a reliable source of infromation?

59. Ground Chuck says:

“Face pillows” would have also been acceptable.

60. twocents says:

I concur… both are always nice.

61. HabFanSince72 says:

Renaud Lavoie from RDS:

“Hamrlik est presque parti”

62. BrianSkrudland says:

Jen Tilly’s bazoombas are more than satisfactory, I’d say.

63. The Cat says:

I was leaning bazoombas myself.

64. The Cat says:

If Price is so good then it shouldnt ever be a problem, should it?

65. JD_ says:

Good question, $0.02.

I did a little footwork and, apparently, both bazoomas and bazoombas are considered satisfactory.

66. Castor says:

Lebrun ESPN on Twitter says Ellis just told him he’s still in talks with the Habs and he never said anything about 2 mil for two years. He’s laughing about Montreal Media

67. HabFanSince72 says:

Those Frenchies are so uppity.

68. Malreg says:

Honestly, I don’t want Biron in Montreal.  As soon as he has 1 good performance we’ll have another goalie contraversy on our hands from the french media crying about how the hometown boy is being mistreated.

He’ll probably end up back in Philly anyways.

69. twocents says:

JD, Isn’t it bazoombas?

70. The Cat says:

Seems like a big difference between this and what he supposedly twittered yesterday?

71. JD_ says:

There once was a team from Phil-ly

Bobby won’t go away, will he?

Dumb as a f*** Paul Holmgren

Michael Leighton can’t goalten’

Nice bazoomas on Jen Tilly

72. Ground Chuck says:

Well… that was good while it lasted.  😉

73. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I’m thinking he doesn’t like the idea of playing second fiddle to Price,  he probably feels he is capable of being #1 somewhere.

74. zozotheclown says:

Hopefully after looking around he comes back and signs with us, he would be the perfect mentor for Price I think, assuming he doesn’t have too big an ego. If he chooses more money elsewhere Sanford would be my 2nd choice, the last thing I want is a french backup that will make the media cry for Price’s head. Turco also seems like a good fit for SJ, I expect them (or someone) to throw more money then we would want to for a backup.