Eller: “We’re playing the right way” (Video)

Eller

(File photo)

After being the best line in the Canadiens’ season opener, Lars Eller, Brendan Gallagher and Alex Galchenyuk turned in another strong performance Saturday, helping lift the Habs over the Philadelphia Flyers.

Eller and Gallagher scored and each picked up an assist while Galchenyuk had two helpers in the Canadiens’ 4-1 victory.

“I got off on the right foot (this season). The whole line has been playing great,” said Eller, who prefers the moniker “kid” line to “EGG” line as they’re sometimes called.

“We’re creating space for each other and doing all the little things and creating chances and the goals are going to come. We’re playing the right way.”

“I’d like to think that I’m showing who I am now,” Eller said, responding to a question about his performance. “Like I said before, a lot of things coming together. It takes time to get confidence in your game. Finding out what kind of player you are, defining yourself as a player. I really believe I’m starting to do that now.”

Eller is a young player who progressed all last season, which is encouraging, coach Michel Therrien said. He arrived at training camp in very good physical shape and is playing with a lot of confidence, Therrien added. He also has nice chemistry with line mates Gallagher and Galchenyuk, both in their sophomore seasons.

“They’re often first on the puck and you become very difficult to play against,” Therrien said.

“Those young men they got better as (last) season went on and they just picked up where they were. And they’re still getting better and learning about playing the game and competing. (They’re) more responsible on both sides of the ice. So, it comes with experience, too.”

You can hear more of what Eller had to say after the game here:

You can listen to what Canadiens’ captain Brian Gionta had to say here:

You can hear what Daniel Brière had to say about playing against his former teammates here:

You can hear what Philadelphia Flyer forward and Île Bizard native Vincent Lecavalier told reporters at the Bell Centre a few hours before Saturday’s game:

(Video: Brenda Branswell)

1. Propwash says:

Test

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

2. Subban in Sochi says:

Hopefully Daniel Brière catches fire somewhere on the prairie; he’s got 4 games out west to forget “firsts” and just play hockey. The probability of that increases dramatically if Max Pacioretty is playing-and playing well.

“Cannonading drive!!”

3. Puckdoc says:

I like the poise Eller displays on camera, he gives off the impression of a thoughtful young man with future assistant or captain material.

4. J.Ambrose.OBrien says:

Before everyone goes crazy lobbying for the Egg/Kid line to be promoted to first-line status, please remember, playing in the third slot gives them very favourable match-ups. They’ll start to attract tougher opposition on the road, where we don’t have last change. We’ll see how they fare then.

In the meantime, liking what I’m seeing from Gionta this season. And Bourque is playing his best hockey in years. Please stay healthy!

Now if only something can be done about the DD line….

I remember Dec. 31, 1975

Ummmm… Andi Petrillo.

6. fastfreddy says:

!Unfortunately, the Habs can’t /won’t trade DD because he was Bergevin’s pet project signing. I believe MB said something of the following,”We had to sign Desharnais,or somebody would have scooped him up.” Realy MB???? Who would have scooped up DD? Nobody at 3mil a yr. Now I’m not totally against MB for signing DD, I’m not happy at the length of the term. 1-2 yrs. would have been okay, not the 4 yrs. he received, too lengthy for my liking. That’s why they can’t trade DD right now, MB will look foolish.

CH = Les Glorieux!!!

7. CranbrookEd says:

With about 2:25 left in the third period, after mentioning Lecavalier, Bob Cole referred to the Flyers as being “Tampa Bay” . . . oh well, he tries! :)

CranbrookEd
    Mr. Beliveau: “Pure Pak mais oui”! . . . What ever happened to Johnny Jelly-Bean!?

• TheDagger says:

Still the best in the biz in my eyes… er, ears. The voice of hockey, to me.

• CranbrookEd says:

Oh yes . . . I actually enjoy his calling of games, and always have! However, catching the “Cole-isms” is really like a game within a game . . .

CranbrookEd

• J.Ambrose.OBrien says:

Hahaha. I used to defend the St. John’s legend. But he makes soooo many mistakes now, and misses so many things. Ooh baby!

I remember Dec. 31, 1975

8. Sportfan says:

Lol not a fan of the name EGG for their line.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

HIO, do we always have to get a clip of what Dany I-Always-Wanted-To-Play-In-Montreal Briere had to say? Is he going to replace Gorges as the team’s camera whore?

10. slyCH says: