Eller to play centre

Rookie Lars Eller will play centre on the fourth line against the Ottawa Senators tonight as Jacques Martin made a lineup change. Eller, who has been a centre most of his career, will be between Travis Moen and Mathieu Darche. Dustin Boyd will be the healthy scratch along with defeneman Ryan O’Byrne.

Eller said yesterday that he feels more involved when he’s at centre and Martin is hoping the move will produce some offence. Eller, who was acquired from St. Louis in the trade which sent Jaroslav Halak to St. Louis, is still looking for his first point as a Canadien.

1. kempie says:

“I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle”.

Mike, I predict you’re gonna lose. And I’m shocked and ecstatic that I said that.

2. StevieRay says:

Present and accounted for !

3. saskhabfan says:

Well,we will just be saving this one to be used at a later date. You just make is so easy.

4. Storm Man says:

It is very nice. Thanks for asking :)

5. observer says:

jm and pg are not great at their jobs BUT both are skilled survivors and have outlasted most who coached or managed in the nhl YET NEVER accomplished anything to brag about except longevity.

6. ManApart says:

I’m aware it’s only game 7. I’m commenting 0n things thus far.  It could look better by the end of the year. But for my money I think it was a lousy deal last summer, today and I’m sure it will look that way next summer and beyond.You don’t have to be a genius to make that deduction.

7. observer says:

looks like same ol’, same ol’ around .500 mediocre team as before?

8. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Whew, we’re still okay then.

Up on my high horse, the view is interesting. It appears the organization has stabilized and that the team, while not great, is good. I think as fans, we are getting over the bitterness of the awful teams of a few years ago. We may soon be able to get excited about positives.

I say that as a guy begrudgingly convinced of Price’s usefulness in nets (he’s winning me back, sort of, maybe, I hope) and a firm believer that Gomez’s contract (not Gomez) keeps the Habs short of being an elite team. The view isn’t perfect, but it’s not that long since half this team was AHLers and we had plenty of reason for bitterness. This team isn’t bad, and it’s also pretty damned interesting to watch.

9. Mikey_39 says:

I never said that Vancouver would take spacek.  Actually I said that nobody would.

This isn’t the only season that Bergeron hasn’t been offered a contract.  If you remember correctly, he was in the same situation last year too.  And did you seriously say Bergeron and Lindstrom in the same sentence?

Also, what 2 year contract, as I said many times he is a UFA, you’re not stuck with anything.

Not only is Bieksa capable of playing on the pp, but he can only put up 40+ points.  And he’s a physical defenseman which we DESPERATELY need

10. 25 cups says:

I read this like 5 times now and I’ve laughed every time… well played.

11. sholi2000.com says:

It’s not a secret who some staff cheer for, and if you don’t know just watch an episode of Mitch Melnick Underground. (Last episode I believe from 2010)  :)  (smiley face, no worries)

We all have our favorites, its just that my favourite wasn’t traded 😉  (winky face, just joking)

They Call Me Shane

12. punkster says:

This team will go NOWHERE until they apply the NAG YOUTH movement. NOTHING substitutes for NAG as we’ve seen so many times. It’s time to bring up the BIG GUYS like Nash, Henry and Conboy. NAG is the ONLY SOLUTION.

13. obrien says:

Gomez is in a fog this season.  He always has very poor starts.  It would have been interesting to see Eller instead of Gomez as a center of the 2nd line, but at the same time it’s still early in the season.  JM might consider this if the suckiness continues.

3-2-1 without Markov.  > .500 without Markov is a miracle.

14. adam76 says:

what is the weather like, up on your high horse?

15. punkster says:

Good call there Pete. I believe we’ll all be a little more impressed as this season trudges on as well.

“The Gomez bashers have lost interest”

I’m still here:-)

17. SeriousFan09 says:

Don’t think so, would’ve contained remarks about his VYNAGRA movement or somesuch.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

18. SeriousFan09 says:

Hey, my ability to swap Paul Mara and a 2nd for Anton Volchenkov in NHL 2010 was a completely accurate trade scenario in NHL 10 I’ll have you know!

Perspective is always handy.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

Habs-Professor?

Always kept a list of every guy in the organization who had a hint of size and grit.

20. punkster says:

Haha. I think I spotted one of mine in there. Seriously though the comments are interesting. A few could be applied to games so far this season, a few were pretty close to accurate for the team last yearand some were just rants and frustration showing through. I’m sure you could do the same next year at this time. Of course we’re all so much better at evaluating pro hockey teams this time around, aren’t we 😉

21. CharlieHodgeFan says:

So the HIO forum posters have begun to show intelligent respect for Jacques Martin. And they seem to have learned to live with Carey Price. The Gomez bashers have lost interest, and Brisebois has gone off to drive expensive cabs. MAB’s unsigned and injured, Latendresse has gone wild and Sergei’s down south, bloating. So what can we all do? Who are we supposed to crap on?

The other team? Nah…

22. SeriousFan09 says:

I don’t think the guy who posted that comment even hangs around here anymore, or some of the others I quoted.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

23. joeybarrie says:

JM sucks. Wont put Gomez on the 4th line.

Gomez sucks, can’t score. (neither can Sedin, Gagne, Grabovski, etc) wait Gomez has more goals than them.

There is no depth in this team

Eller sucks, 0 points in 6 games. Pleks had 0 points in his first 5 Habs game, but we really should be panicking.

JM sucks cause Eller is a better Center than Gomez and Pleks, and he wont play him.

Price sucks, cause he is not Halak, even though they have the same number of wins.

GUYS its only game 7, We are in 7th place, and we are missing our best player still. What going on? Are we just freaking crazy??? Eller has little experience and he is 21. Do you really see him kicking a guy with 2 Stanley Cup rings out of his position? Are you eating retard sandwiches again??? Relax. There’s a game tonight, it’s Saturday night and we are gonna see some fighting. Toronto is going to get it’s A** handed to them by Philly, Hopefully Buffalo will meet the same Devils we did and NYR will end Bostons great start to the season… We beat Ottawa and then we will be first in our division… But of course we will still suck according to the ones who accuse ME of having Rose coloured glasses on… And I guess that trip to the Conf Finals was a dream I had before JM was fired huh?????  Honestly get a grip on reality.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

24. Chuck says:

Do we win a prize if we guess who typed in upper-case?  😉

Centre Hice: documenting one fan’s attachment to the Montreal Canadiens.

25. SeriousFan09 says:

To crank out the Time Machine, some comments following Game 6 of last season and some from Game 7, no names though.

——–

“Chemistry, crap!  They (not we) have to find some goal scorers that can
    score in a Habs uniform.  I really believe that if the Canadiens had
    gotten Gretzky in his prime, they could have turned him into a 20 goal
    scorer.  “If the habs jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first..”  Yeah,
    and if they had Alexander Ovechkin & Sidney Crosby, they’d be a lot
    better too.  If, If, If.  You’ve got to be kidding.”

“I wish that Gainey was still in Dallas! Carbo was not the problem last year.”

“Martin has to stop this Carbo juggling and let players develop some
    chemistry.  Cams, Gianta and Gomez shoild play together for 60 mins.
     Pleks and AK46 need someone who can play at their level.  SK74 should
    be brought back to the second line.”

“I would say chalk up today’s loss with not being a very good team. At least a team with no depth, and no youthful contributions.”

“we’re not nhl ready and price cannot make key saves. it’s going to be a long season”

“BETTER HAVING KOVALEV FOR 2 YEARS THAN OUR 3 FORWARDS FOR 5….GET READY
    TO SEE SOME UGLY HOCKEY BOYS…..Kovalev haters…hmmm…….Gionta and
    Camm really did play well the are SOO MUCH MORE CONSISTENT THAN KOVALEV”

“Well. That was…informative. Think it’s safe to say that we just don’t
    got what it takes to compete. We work hard, sure. But we don’t have the
    guys. We’re the proverbial one-legged man in an ass-kickin contest.

I am very curious to see what Bob plans to do now, for I fear the divide is wider than what Bergie can possibly breach.

We need more men, sir!”

“Ottawa out-played us. They have more skilled players. Our PP sucks.”

“I think I am going to be doing a lot of skiing this winter and not much hockey watching.”

“Is it too early to say that the EXPERIMENT is a failure?”

“I’d take this years coaching staff, but last year’s team.  In a heartbeat. “

————————

Yeah, we really knew what was going on last year didn’t we?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

26. newbrunswick troy says:

Ah the old fourth line scoring technique….when you put together a fourth line thats geared for scoring,,,in the opositions rink,,,,it makes it hard to coach against….if the sens have to start checking against the “checkers” it will soon leave an opening for Captain Gio and Gomez and ” ? ”  well one of the four players that will be in and out of that kine tonight!!!!~