Eller to play centre

Rookie Lars Eller will play centre on the fourth line against the Ottawa Senators tonight as Jacques Martin made a lineup change. Eller, who has been a centre most of his career, will be between Travis Moen and Mathieu Darche. Dustin Boyd will be the healthy scratch along with defeneman Ryan O’Byrne.

Eller said yesterday that he feels more involved when he’s at centre and Martin is hoping the move will produce some offence. Eller, who was acquired from St. Louis in the trade which sent Jaroslav Halak to St. Louis, is still looking for his first point as a Canadien.

1. Chris F says:

Interesting, I would love to see Eller between Gionta and Ryan White. Eller can set up Gionta, and Eller and White can dig it out of the corner. The habs need some energy and I can’t imagine Eller, Gionta, and White not having energy, and who knows, they might score some goals. All three are not scared to go to the net. That’s what Gionta needs, someone on his line that can create space for him in the slot. Gomez doesn’t do this and certainly Pouliot doesn’t create space in front either. Too much perimeter, add that to Gionta’s size and it makes for a line that is too small.

Just saying. It would be interesting to see. Drop Gomez to the third line playing center, I believe we are only a year away from this happening anyway. Unless Gomez totally turns things around and becomes a point per game guy like Plekanacs. And hey, I like Gomez, except he is not going to the dirty areas with the puck, I think Eller and White will.

Go Habs Go! Don’t let that troll Alfie fire from the hash marks on Price’s glove side.

2. mike g says:

Guy Boucher…

There’s the guy who got more praise around the NHL this year, than Bill Gates has ever gotten in his life.

The man didn’t even coach a game in the NHL and he was the best of all-time.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

3. mike g says:

Thanks man…

I didn’t know about the Boone story.

But it’s not about mentioning his name in passing, it’s about coming on HIO every single day and either seeing his name all over the comments section, or often enough in the story on top.

Like I said, I have no problem talking about the guy. But mentioning him in an irrelevant manner is throwing fuel in the fire.

Notice that Hickey mentions that Eller is playing 4th line and that he’s still without a single point, in the same sentence as he mentions the Jaroslav Halak trade for Eller.

How on earth is someone not gonna over-boil about the trade when they read that, not having any sense to realize that Eller is still a prospect?

It ain’t gonna happen, people will just bash the Habs even more when the story is told the way it was above.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

4. Bugs says:

Uh, the messenger suggested we get Bieksa, Mike. Yeah, I’m shootin the messenger.

Cuz O’B not livin up to Jack Marty’s expectations doesn’t mean we should chuck Picard (or Weber, or whoever’s behind’m) under the bus to make way for an “offensively-minded” player who scores 3 goals a year at 3.75mil. We got one like that already.

And the reason Bergie’s sittin by the phone ain’t because he’s “brutal” on D (cuz he ain’t; he’s just not as good as Lidstrom and so therefore, he sucks); it’s because he’s INJURED. Once the injury is healed (which I hear is any day now, if not already), I reckon he won’t be sitting by the phone for long. Because NO TEAM will begrudge a defenseman some lapses if he ROCKETS 15 goals in a year on the PP. The man is a specialist. In a special-teams league. Once he’s healed, his phone’ll ring, you can bet on it.

Switch a 3-yr 3.75 mil non-producing contract for a 2-yr non-producing contract, that’s fine (good luck dealin with Couver on that); just don’t try to sell the merits of a player who brings NOTHING to our team we don’t have already, nor that we could IMPROVE on with a 750k phone call.

If he’s your cousin or something, then my respects and all, but we got bath-plugs already. All I’m sayin.

Decadently yours, I recline as

5. ooder says:

yup.. i got your back as well.

obviosuly in an 82 game season there are highs and lows, but overall what i am seeing from the habs i haven’t seen in a while.. a team game

——————

88 is the new 23

6. habrez says:

The thing that also drives me insane is we had rookie coach after rookie coach (Mario, Therrien, Vigneault, Julien, Carbo) and after the 09 season every begged for an experience guy. Guess what? The last time we hired an experienced coach his name was Demers and we won a Cup. Being limited to french canadians our options were Hartley, Martin and Crawford. I think we got the best out of the three.

7. habsfansince91 says:

spot on

8. Mattyleg says:

Hey Mike,

Not sure if you mentioned it last time or not, but someone made a similar point the other day about a story about The Former Habs Goalie Who Shall Not Be Named (FHGWSNBN) and Boone took note, apologised, and took down the story.

I agree with you about posting stories etc. about the FHGWSNBN, but mentioning his name in passing is not a cardinal sin in my book, and the HI/O are not oblivious to the sensitivity of the issue.

I get your irritation, tho.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

9. habrez says:

You don’t win 559 games in the NHL by being a bad a coach.

10. ZepFan2 says:

No probs.

I just started reading and noticed his name…a lot.

Btw, where did we get Eller from? 😉

————————————————————————–

“Analyst: And I will say things you already know, five seconds after you yell them at your television.”

11. Bugs says:

Hear, hear.

Got your back on this one, mate.

Decadently yours, I recline as

Eller and Pouliot aren’t the only guys who haven’t scored yet.

Glad to see that Kovy made the list.  Could you imagine if he had accepted G&G’s offer on July 1st?  Gionta is strictly a 2nd line winger but he usually shows up most nights.

“Alex Kovalev, RW, Ottawa – My biggest red flag on Kovalev’s decline last year was that he managed only 2.14 shots on goal per game, his lowest mark since 1993-1994, his second year in the league.  So far this year, he’s averaging 1.83 per game, while playing just 15:17 per game. Now he’s getting called out by his GM and skating with the fourth line in practice so, without a dramatic turnaround, the end may be near.”  (written by Scott Cullen)

13. smiler2729 says:

I know it’s fun as an armchair GM/coach to spout off about players but why the hate for Matt Darche (and Jacques Martin)? I like Darche, hell, I like all the players and the only ones worth truly bitching about as fans are the highly skilled ones that disappoint on a regular basis (AK46) but even they get their due.

JM coached this team to a sniff of the Finals last season, yeah, Halak was AWESOME, Cammy was AMAZING, Gionta, Moore, Gill, Gorges, Subban, etc… were all exciting last spring but Martin was the coach and this guy never gets his due for anything cuz he’s perceived as defensive, dull and a perennial also-ran. Man, the guy is a GREAT coach, ’nuff said.

14. mike g says:

Thanks for taking the time to read my post in detail….

LOL

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

15. habrez says:

Great post! I couldn’t agree more.

I was really annoyed a few hours ago when I logged in and saw maybe 20 comments about how great Guy Boucher and the Tampa Bay Lightning are (and also how dumb JM is). I really like when people talk about other NHL teams or players or coaches especially when we are about to play that team but please enough about ex-habs. I’m not bitter, just sick of it.

I can’t imagine what this website would have looked like following ‘the trade’.

16. mike g says:

1st of all, congrats on being a journalist. Great job…

Now back to the main topic. Someone who comes to this site will in fact know that Eller came in the Halak deal. For heaven’s sake we were chanting this guys name during the playoffs, bowing down to him like he was a savior, writing his name on stop signs, etc…

According to many, over 5,000 people lined up to go get his autograph when he returned here this summer to say goodbye to the fans. Jaro Halak was the most talked about subject in all of sports in this city, whether it be in newspapers/internet/tv or radio, sports in Montreal was DOMINATED by Jaro Halak talk.

So trust me when I say that very close to 100% of the people interested in the position that Eller will be playing tonight, do in fact know that he came from St-Louis.

Once again, I may be going overboard, but it’s driving me nuts….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

17. smiler2729 says:

Yeah, I get your point and I’m sick of Halak being brought up all the time still, but the facts are the facts and THE FACT is Jaro Halak, due to his playoff heroics last year, is worth mentioning just as an attention getter to the story.

18. zozotheclown says:

If you hurry you might have a chance lol, but you’ll probably have to enjoy some old time radio

19. No et al says:

Being a journalist for more than 20 years myself, I can honestly say that if I had written the story, I would have included the exact same information… it’s standard journalism and I’m sure none of the writers on here are trying to bring up the Halak trade by mentioning it. It’s just a fact and while the fans on this site are all very well aware of where Eller came from, the story just isn’t complete without stating that fact.

I’m sure there was no intention to bait trolls (even if that may be what happens). You have to realize that some who come to this site may not be aware of how Eller was acquired.

20. Wayne says:

“”Eller/Moen/Darche? Martin is hoping the move will produce some offence.”” — for obvious reasons, that statement doesn’t make sense.

21. mike g says:

It’s really beyond sad…

When we report about Pouliot being shipped from the 1st line, to the 3rd line, back to the 1st line, then down to the 2nd line, and finally playing 3 minutes on the 4th line, do the reporters ever mention that this is the guy we got for Latendresse?

NOOOO.

Why?, because that trade was so talked about that we know Benny came from Minny for Poutine-Latendresse.

We don’t have to mention it again, PEOPLE KNOW.

It’s like the Habs winning tonight, and a columnist writes: “Carey Price, the player drafted #5 overall in 2005 instead of players a,b,c and d, got the win tonight.”

Useless and not needed.

And IMO, the constant mentioning of Jaro is done on purpose just to add fuel to the fire.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

22. habs03 says:

Right on guys, wtv they do it to start up debates, hence more hits, etc, I guess in that sense its good business, but bad journalism imo.

23. samTHEman says:

lol good post man but if i had to bet i would say they probably won’t read this. Either way, it’s journalism. They will write what is most dramatic and controversial even if it annoys teh living fook out of some readers. I’m getting tired of the references to 41 too but again i don’t expect it to stop…not for another 2 years AT MININUM…sad lol. some people just can’t let go…just can’t let go. Call Mommy to hold you?

24. SeriousFan09 says:

We’re in the players having scoring and goaltending stats that will not resemble actual league standings at the end of the NHL period.  A mouthful I know but I’m pretty sure Tomas Kopecky won’t be tied for 4th overall in assists andCorey Schneider’s GAA won’t stay under 1 for the season.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

25. ZepFan2 says:

lmao

You mentioned his name 13 times.

————————————————————————–

26. Mikey_39 says:

Bugs don’t kill the messenger here…I’m not the one that’s given up on O’byrne.  I would actually love to give a fair chance with Markov.  Let him make mistakes and learn.  He’s big, strong, and is more offensive than komisarek was.  It could be a great defence combination.  But what, in the two years of JM, has given you the impression that Obyrne will ever get a fair chance to play?

Picard was signed as a 7th defenseman….there’s nothing more to that.

I would much rather call up Yannick Webber than sign Bergeron.  There’s a reason he’s sitting by the phone…that’s because 29 other NHL teams don’t want him either.  He’s got a great shot, but is just BRUTAL in every other aspect.

If Spacek looks this tired and used up this early in the season, how’s he going to look when we’re trying to make the playoffs in a couple of months?

Bieksa is a good option, because even if he doesn’t work out, he’s a UFA at the end of the season.  It’s obvious we need to add a top 3 defensman, and this is a reasonable option

27. 25 cups says:

if you have a PVR the odds are pretty good, otherwise the math just doesn’t work for you.

Fire the system! – TheMostCupsPeriod

28. Bugs says:

Acclimating Lars Eller into the Montreal Canadiens is EXACTLY like what your 7-yr-old goes through.

“Hey, Tomas, we need to put Lars at centre in ‘offensive situations’ so you’re gonna play on the 3rd line tonight.”

No? Oh, ok. How ’bout this then:

“Hey, Scottie, we need to put Lars at centre in ‘offensive situations’ so you’re gonna play on the 4th line tonight.”

That better? Hey, if it works for 7-yr-olds in the bubble-gum league, it should work in the NHL too, right? I mean, it’s exactly the same after all.

Decadently yours, I recline as

Right, i forgot. We are in the gelling period. My mistake.

30. mike g says:

Listen up Pat Hickey and all of the HIO staff….

I’m not in a bad mood or anything, I was actually having a great day up until I logged into the site. Why?, because something is grinding my gears way too much now.

HIO is a fantastic community filled with thousands of different opinions and ideas. Being able to share that with Habs fans across the globe is a great privilege, if you ask me. And also being able to argue with some people about line combinations is fun too. We all need to vent once in a while, and doing it on this site is great because it leaves the wife and/or girlfriend out of it.

But here’s my main problem with you guys: When the heck are you guys going to stop mentioning JAROSLAV HALAK in your blog’s like you did once again today?

– Here’s what you said: “Eller, who was acquired from St. Louis in the trade which sent Jaroslav Halak to St. Louis, is still looking for his first point as a Canadien.”

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Are You guys telling me we have no idea where this Lars Eller fella came from? Really, was that really necessary? Please explain to me why you guys still feel the need to bring up Halak’s name, when he’s not even on this team anymore. You could have easily said, “Lars Eller will finally play his natural position tonight, when he centers the Habs’ 4th line against the Senators.”

No need to mention Halak there, none whatsoever. Instead, we must constantly see Halak’s name written everywhere on this site because people are constantly reading the guys name. Then, troll’s come on this site and become influenced by all the Halakian journalism they read here. I have no problem with reporting about the other 29 NHL teams. I follow the whole league, not only the Habs. But way too often are we being thrown stories about Halak’s pre-season performances, or a good game here and there, etc…And then I come on today, only to see Jaro’s name mentionned once again in a totally irrelevant and unnecessary manner.

Halak is gone, and we all wish him the best. But Carey Price is our guy now. We don’t need to see Halak’s name written here almost every day just to remind us that he won 2 rounds for us last year. We all know what happened, and were all aware of who the guy is and where he’s playing. And all this is happening when Carey Price is playing extremely well. Immagine if Price had started off poorly and Eller too, and Jaro would be 4-0. Would you guys mention Jaro’s name here even more, just to remind us once again that he’s playing in St-Louis this year?

So next time you guys mention Lars Eller, or Ian Shultz in the future, please don’t feel the need to mention you know who’s name again. It was one of the biggest trades in the past decade for Habs fans, if not the biggest. I think all of us are aware that Eller and Shultz came to MTL in exchange for Jaro.

Thank you to the HIO staff for reading, if you guys even did.

And I hope this can help for future reference, because I know I’m not the only one wishing we limit the use of You Know Who’s name around here.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

31. HABZ24 says:

ya why not put eller at center. i guess they have to give eller every chance because if eller turns to be a washout then looks like we got bupkiss for halak.the kids supposed to have potential. glad to see oburnt being  sat out, big useless guy him, cant skate worth a bag of donuts and  doesnt want to play physical with his size.

32. Mikey_39 says:

Ya, I really don’t see anyone taking spacek.  The best option would be a buy-out if we managed to acquire a better defenseman. I definitely wouldn’t pass on him.  He’s a 40 point guy, he’s big and tough and right handed.  I would definitely consider putting a strong offer on the table for him, especially if there is a chance that we could sign him after.  Markov-Subban-Bieksa-Gorges as a top 4 going into the future is an interesting thought

33. Bugs says:

Oh, so Spacek doesn’t play anymore, that it?

And we’ve officially thrown in the towel with O’B then? No more O’B?

And Picard, screw that signing? Send him home?

And forget about Bergie, who makes 3 mil less and produces more, just waitin for us to call?

For “offensive-minded” Bieksa who scored 10 goals 3 years ago and 10 goals 5 years ago and jack-all in-between and after?

No, thank you. We got all the door-stops we need as is.

Decadently yours, I recline as

34. bwoar says:

If Gillis took an idiot pill and traded us Bieksa for Spacek, awesome.  But

1) that won’t happen

2) They need Bieksa due to injuries

3) He’s not good enough at his salary

4) pass!

35. Mothstoflame says:

Scratch boyd for darche… ?  fire martin please,  i am still amazed darche is on this team

36. SeriousFan09 says:

We’ll see what happens in 4 hours I guess.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

37. LA Loyalist says:

I just don’t understand how sending him out to check tells us anything or teaches him much.

It seems to make more sense to spot him in offensive situations where there’s not much risk – say we have a big lead late in a game (ok, maybe that’s not going to happen).

I guess my point is I’m prepared to suffer with talent making errors in the short term – like with PK, for eg, if we are confident the talent is there.

Also if our big guns aren’t scoring anyway… we’ll see. I could be wrong. I was wrong (so far) about Price.

I was 80% convinced he was a freaking head case and would not find his way out of the woods. And I’m happy I was wrong :) Now I’m only 20% worried about him – his body language is much better and experience will do the rest.

38. rocketsglare says:

No surprise that Halak is doing well in St. Louis; that was a given. Eller, however has not been given IMO

the opportunity to demonstrate his trade value by being placed on either top lines but, instead has been

relegated to grinding lines not exactly suited to his skill and talent. Has he been misused, I would say so.

Give Eller some quality top line duty and see how he performs, then we will know whether he is ready or

not for prime time. But I don’t see the comparison of value or result as you may be suggesting.

39. aemarchand11 says:

Like.

40. SeriousFan09 says:

Brent Johnson currently 4-0-0 with a .950 save % and a 1.49 GAA, we should’ve totally traded for that guy in the off-season.

Amazing what people think they know about the future NHL season when their team hasn’t even played 10 games.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

41. ooder says:

holy crap.. i meant to write “DOESN’T FINISH…” my bad man my bad

——————

88 is the new 23

42. Mikey_39 says:

What would you guys say about Bieksa to the Habs? Would you want him? Who would you trade for him? Keep in mind that he has a 3.75 mil salary and is UFA at the end of this year.  So if we took a chance on him and it didn’t work, it wouldn’t be the end of the world.  I would definitely be interested.  I think we have some pretty good defense-men but we are missing a top 3 dman.  He’s also a right handed shot.

Markov-Subban

Hammer-Bieksa (Bieksa is more offensive minded and would benefit with a defensive dman)

Gorges-Gill

43. 21BIGGionta says:

GOOD!.

Question: I live in the west island

I have a hockey game in 3 rivers at 6:15 (it’s an hour and ahalf)
    what are the odds ill be able to catch at least  a minute of hockey on tv?!?!

Eller centering the 4th line – that outta get gomez and gionta going.

45. TripleX says:

Funny, the rose coloured glasses crew was saying all summer how much PG had IMPROVED our team, especially the bottom six.  Too much revisionist history on HIO.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

46. LA Loyalist says:

I’ll post a report after the game :)

… makes this Halak trade even so much better now.

48. TripleX says:

I like those lines because they are logical and make good hockey sense.  Each line configuration allows the players to play to their particular skill sets.  Of course that means it will never happen in JM’s world where maximizing potential is not part of his playbook.  All JM cares about is prevent defense.  Does he realize you have to score at least ONE to win a game?

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

49. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I have nothing bad to say personally about Hamrlik or Gomez.  Both seem to be nice guy’s who try to do their best, but that being said, from the business side of things I will be elated to see their contracts off the books.

50. ooder says:

i hope your kid finish the game with 2 pims and -2 rating.. he might be scratched the next 😉

——————

88 is the new 23

51. SeriousFan09 says:

I’ve yet to read anything on here that would indicate the general consensus is people are overly pleased with Eller back at the 4th line there Loyalist, in fact everyone seems to flipping out over the Darche rather than Boyd and Eller being wasted on the 4th line.

Eller is still adapting to the NHL and Martin wants him getting used to center without too much pressure, maybe not the best move but ATM it’s what he’s doing and let’s wait to see a game with him playing there before calling him a dunce who’s out of touch.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

52. LA Loyalist says:

Well Martin and Gauthier are geniuses.

We trade a great goalie for a big center, then don’t use him at center.

When we do use him at center, it’s on the 4th freaking line and it’s treated by the commentariat like Einstein discovering Insulin.

He needs to play center in offensive situations – yes he will make mistakes – to learn and so we can see if he’s developing.

It’s like studying piano and then being told, oh crap, it’s a harpsichord recital. Sorry about that.

Duh.

By the way – my kid, who is 7, plays center. He has a game this afternoon. Guess what I’m telling him on the way to the rink? (Besides pee before you get all your gear on.)

1. Fight for the puck

2. Go to the net — good things will happen.

Fly me in to town business class and I’ll be happy to tell Habs offense the same thing.

out.

“to failing hands we’ve tossed the torch”

53. habs001 says:

way too early to comment on eller…eller is not the problem…the problem is that pyatt,moen,lapps,darche,pouliot,halpern,boyd may not score more than 6-8 goals all year…..as long as we win more 2-1 and 3-2 games than not we are in the playoffs…in the playoff anything can happen…we can loose or win a playoff series vs any of the other 29 teams…in the regular season no matter who we play there will be only a few blow outs one way or the other…

54. LA Loyalist says:

Maybe Scotty Bowman would have had the balls to do that – put Gomez on the 4th line to shake him up and put Eller on the first line. God that would be funny.

It’s one of the problems of having had a bad pipeline – there’s no pressure on the vets.

55. samTHEman says:

lol true. good news is hamrlik is peacing.

56. SeriousFan09 says:

And that’s a double.

57. SeriousFan09 says:

Yet he never did in Montreal and he’s got two seasons in 17 years over 80 points, the most blatant example in the NHL of wasted talent, ever.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

58. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ya, let’s add more over-paid,  under-performing aged NHL vets to our squad.  Sounds like a great plan.

59. samTHEman says:

Montreal’s love will kill his ego and unleash his talent. Hell, he could score 3 goals a game if he really wanted to

60. Ron in Ottawa says:

Why are you surprised? Look at the coach and all will be revealed. In Ottawa, JM had real problems playing the young guys like Spezza. if one of the vets made a mistake- so what- but if Spezza or one of the call-ups from the AHL made a mistake- healthy scratch.

so now before BG left he rebuilt this team with smallish speedsters. And then he went and hired a defensive coach whose idea of a blow-out is a 2-1 game. Until we get rid of JM and the Ghost, this team is doomed to be mediocre.

61. SeriousFan09 says:

To hell with Kovalev and his wasted talent.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

62. samTHEman says:

Trade Spatch or Hammer for Kovy. Kovy – G – G or put Kovy with Eller….wow that would be interesting!

63. SeriousFan09 says:

Well based on Halak’s 5 games played this season I commend you for your thoughtful analysis, here’s a game I think you might enjoy.

Goalie market was bad, free agency proved it and so far Brent Johnson of PIT has more wins and a better GAA than Halak does. Stephane Robidas has the league lead in +/-, Patrick Sharp is tied for 2nd in the league for goals. I’m sure none of this will change by the end of the year either. Oh and remember when Michael Del Zotto was the clear-cut winner of the Calder Trophy to open last season and Kopitar was going to win Art Ross? Not everything gets sorted out in less than 10 games in.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

64. TornApart says:

Why hello, Mr. Repetitive.

65. samTHEman says:

Kostitsyn – Plekanec – Cammalleri

Pouliot – Gomez – Gionta

Lapierre – Eller – Boyd

Moen – Halpern – Pyatt

What do you think of these lines? I still believe in Pouliot. Once he notches one in his confidence will go up. Gio is playing better, and Gomez will come around.

Eller at his natural center position with the 2 most offensive bottom 6 forwards. Speedy checking line that can score sometimes.

66. rocketsglare says:

The Count has now become The Clown. LOL.

67. ManApart says:

Hmmm. Halak for Eller. One guy leading the Blues (great game last night), the other leading the 4th line (0 points). Great trade by our genius leader Gauthier. Or is it one of the worst in history. I know where I’m leaning. Molson, seriously, can you please dump the clowns in management once and for all.

68. habs001 says:

with 7 nhl games experience eller is the saviour…lets be real we are a team that will needs its next group of prospects to produce…we have not produced one forward who now is 22-23 years old and has any scoring ability…. we finished 23rd in goals for last year and we will be in the same range this year…we have to win with pp goals and way above average goaltending…way too many forwards on the team that have no goal scoring abilities thru talent but get most of their goals thru sheer effort or bad goaltending or fluke goals but those are limited at best 1/10 games

69. Mr. Biter says:

Closing up the cabin for the winter, then sitting back having a cigar (no wife or kids out) some fine Appleton rum and watching the Habs crush Ottawa. Nice way to end the summer/fall of 2010. BTW if we don’t sign MAB for the PP at the n.h.l. min. salary who else could we get at a decent price to do the job?

70. spos080808 says:

It seems like Martin is the only person who does not want to give Eller this chance…

The only reason Martin is wary of this has to be because he feels Eller will be a big defensive liability if he is out there for 17 minutes…

But even so, G&G are very solid defensively which will help clean up any mistakes, and playing on the wing would limit the mistakes Eller could make…

The potential to have a 2nd line clicking far outweighs the chances of the trio either having no chemistry or Eller struggling in the nuetral/Dzones.

71. HabsFanInTampa says:

or a court jester

72. rocketsglare says:

You would think that at one time in JM’s life he was once a circus performer by the way he likes to

juggle so much his lines.

73. homerbowen says:

Move Gomez down and move Eller up at center…how else will we know if he can score cause we sure know Gomez can’t.

74. kempie says:

When is Eller going to get his chance to play with G & G? Am I missing something here?