Early Turnarounds Mark First Week

First, for those not able to watch the opening ceremonies at the Bell Centre last night (the NHL Center Ice package carried the Pittsburgh telecast) here is how it looked on RDS….

sPtltleEP5U

Et maintenant, Mesdames et Messieurs, from the NY Times Slap
Slot blog:

It’s still early in this N.H.L. season but it’s impossible to ignore
the turnarounds and successes of last year’s non-playoff teams so far.
They have combined for 19 wins, while losing 12 in regulation and two
after regulation, which is 40 of a possible 66 points. Meanwhile, last
year’s playoff teams have won 22, lost 18 in regulation and nine after
regulation, getting only 53 of a possible 98 points.

The Oilers and Stars are both 2-0. So are the Hurricanes and also the
Lightning, following their 4-3 overtime win in Montreal Wednesday
night, despite having fallen behind 2-0. They outscored the Habs, 4-1,
over the next 44 minutes and out-shot the Canadiens, 47-27. Only the
excellent play of Carey Price (talk about a turnaround) kept Montreal in
it.

Continue reading “The Morning Skate: Early Turnarounds Mark First Week”>>

1. Xtrahabsfan says:

What no F’bombs tonight Newfie-iceman -Hulk -WHATEVER YOU ARE? Do you swear at the students at the school you work at as well? Bet you do!

2. Everlasting1 says:

Don’t really care to sign up for that. The nhl real time ticker will have to do for now lol

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

3. TomNickle says:

4 goals on 20 shots to one of the most offensively challenged teams in the NHL?   Ouch.

4. JIMVINNY says:

Watching the Blues game, hating that Panger is being a blues Homer just because the game is on FSBlues. Just shows how much of a sellout these broadcasters can be.

5. SeriousFan09 says:

Rangers started off to a great start last season, didn’t do much for them over the year. Canadiens looked pretty dominant over their first 10 as well in the 08-09 season some of us wish we could forget. Early starts are good but it’s all about the finish.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

6. TomNickle says:

The knee jerk reactions on this site have me laughing.

Tampa and Toronto are forces to be reckoned with in the East apparently.

Well.  Tampa doesn’t have a starting goaltender and only have three NHL defensemen.  I don’t care if you’ve got Scotty Bowman on your bench, that’s gonna catch up with you.

As for Toronto.  They have an expensive group of defensemen that are unbelievably overrated.  Giguere isn’t getting any younger and they have no depth at centre.  They don’t even have quality at centre.

Anybody here think the Oliers are going to win their division because of their quick start?

It’s fun to get caught up in the early hype.  But 3 games does not a season make.

7. JIMVINNY says:

Center Ice free preview? 4-2 preds. Another PP goal.

8. savethepuck says:

Why don’t we have a little patience until our powerplay quarterback comes back from injury soon. I would love to see him and PK together back there.

9. TomNickle says:

Until their goaltending and lack of quality defensemen catch up with them.

10. B says:

Philippe Lefebvre has 15 points (7 goals, 8 assists) in 9 games with the Juniors.

Brendan Gallagher has 16 points (8 goals, 8 assists) in 10 games with the Giants.

11. SeriousFan09 says:

Ovechkin was on track for 70+ last season before getting banged up in a game against CLB. Depends how he plays, he’s definitely been a better passer over the last year but above all else, he loves scoring goals and if he’s hot he’s going to keep going for them. He risks injury with his style, but right now he’s seemingly made of granite.

Stamkos is doing well right now, but I think he’s going to get less time and space this season over the long term, teams are going to want to find ways to force him off of his game.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

12. Everlasting1 says:

Damn, lost the feed on the Blues game. Anyone have another link?

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

13. sholi2000.com says:

I predict that I will watch the game and make my prediction after it’s over.  :)

They Call Me Shane

14. habs365 says:

I predict Habs will beat Buffalo Friday night

15. andrewberkshire says:

Had it been Price 3 goals that early it wouldn’t matter how good he was actually playing Shiloh would be screaming bloody murder.

16. krob1000 says:

Didn’t say I wasn’t a little more confident in my first bet lol …then again the LEafs are undefeated too.  I don’t know….I just think this is Stamkos’ year…..odds are definitely not on my side on that one I just think he relies on more than his skill and has that Brett Hullintangible ability to creat space….wide open space. Ovechkin can make something out of nothing and scores more wrist shots from the top of the circels or on harmless looking rushes than anyone I ahve ever seen but….. I really think Stamkos can score 60-65 this year…now Ovechkin has potential to pop 70 but I am thinking eventually he has on off year, tries to play a more responsible game away from the puck after watching every one else beat him with complete games (Crosby, Toews, Datsyuk,etc)and eventually he has to get hurt playing the way he does.  I put my cash on Stamkos…we’ll see how it plays out but I would not take my bet back despite definitely not being sober making it.

17. sholi2000.com says:

I wasn’t Rob, but they are starting to make me believe. I hate them!  :)

They Call Me Shane

18. SeriousFan09 says:

Ovechkin scoring at GPG rate at the moment, respect to Stamkos but Ovechkin… I don’t think anyone finds as many ways to score goals as he does. Ovechkin’s issue is the team around him expects him to carry the game, aside from Backstrom who will take over as well but they always expect Ovechkin to get them going. He doesn’t play well, they won’t really pick up the slack.

That and Mike Green… he’s got to work on his D, Carlson and Alzner injected into the blue line could boost things their way.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

19. king ddd says:

some people in the montreal media seems to think we are doomed w/o MAB!
    got i hate him, no offense but defensivly he is brutal. id rather have a
    terrible pp than having him. why can we we give a chance to matt carle,
    or atleas webber ( yeah he f**ks up a lot but, we cant have him in the
    minors for ever). besides he cant be any wors than MAB

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

20. krob1000 says:

I have two bets with the brother in law….one that the Habs will finish higher than Toronto and the other is I said Stamkos will get more goals than Ovechkin.  Steven Stamkos is every bit the sniper BRett HUll is but with better overall game….he is incredible at finding…correction….making passing lanes and creating seams for himself.  Add his speed, the talent and now depth he is surrounded with, his insane Gary Roberts off ice health routine, the pressureless atmosphere of Tampa…..I say between 60 and 65.  I think Ovechkin may be in for an off year myself…..I think he is strating to get sick of losing and just may start trying to play a better team game…if not he does have a better toolbox and a greedier personality but I still say Stamkos is your Rocket Richard winner this year.

21. JIMVINNY says:

Didn’t see goal #1 on Halak, but goal 2 was a pass on a 5 on 3 that looked a lot like Stamkos’ tying goal last night. No chance. Goal three was a good shot, but Halak dropped to his knees very early. Had it been Price, Shiloh would have been screaming.

22. krob1000 says:

Let’s be eralistic though….Yzerman and Boucher are getting all sorts of credit…and they have made some decent moves…..but Stamkos and Hedman…and even Downie, even Malone ……not their players…St. Louis and Vinny…not there’s either.  THose contracts are brutal but when supported by a better cast they are very, very dangerous.  Gagne is a great pickup and Tanguay at a bargain price adds depth but the core of that team is very good and they just needed some support…and it was coming bigtime in Stamkos, Downie, Hedman regardless of what other moves were made.  Moore is a great depth signing and I wish we had him still actually, and they have amdea few bargain deals…..but really….it is much like giving the new Chicago management all of the credit ofr last year…the main pieces were already in place.

23. habs4_25th says:

Like some other fans here would say how Halak would’ve won that game against Tampa , Price would’ve saved those goals…..:P

“To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be it yours to hold high.”

24. otter649 says:

Hamerlik is gutless – he has played well over 1,000 NHL games – How many have you played since you seem to be an expert on gutlessness………

25. noelsroyce says:

Some of those french numbers are hard to say. Way to go Gionta!!

~Erin

26. observer says:

like when they got lecavalier, stamkos was the star and they got him too. that d-man is another top pick star. the old finish last or near last method of building. yzerman already had a strong foundation. stamkos liable to score 60 this year. note- even the old stars there are not done- st. louis and lecavalier.

27. krob1000 says:

lol …….. I was never in on the PRice vs Halak stuff……just that if Prcie allowed three goals the usual suspects would be flooding the site with trash….I actually wish Halak all the best but the bandwagoners who think he is a superhero and hate Price deserve a little payback …no?

28. krob1000 says:

double post

29. SmartDog says:

I predicted this Ian.  Were you with me?

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

30. otter649 says:

3-1 Preds over The Blues………

31. observer says:

he is one real good draft pick by the habs. eller looks like a very decent acquisition too. subban if they slow him down a bit now will be a star in the league and if price plays like he has the first three games, the future is good but for this year guys like the older d-men, pouliot and kostistyn must play a whole lot better.

Tampa is for real! leading Philly, and Moore has a goal and assist. Boucher and Stevy Y. have got it going on.!

33. joeybarrie says:

Funny, if it was Price there would be 500 I told you so posts around here. Thank God Price hasn’t hit his slump yet. Sucks for Halak… I hope he just gave up his last goal for the night and stones them for the next 2 periods…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

34. observer says:

hamrlick looked rusty? terrible last night. what he did on that first tampa bay goal was gutless.

Halak fans! UPDATE.

In the first perriod Nashville scores 3. Ooops, I think we got better than we gave up!!!

I think they wanted Price instead.!!!

36. observer says:

it’s the refs fault!

37. krob1000 says:

NEWSFLASH! Halak just made a save….

38. habs-hampton says:

A Friend of mine watched him on Sunday against Saint John. They lost, but he said Louis was like a man among boys.

I personally think he just needs to bulk up a bit and he’ll be ready.

39. krob1000 says:

now 3 goals on 9 shots …… I wonder if they are mock cheering him in St. Louis?

40. observer says:

halak allows 2 goals in first. in philly stamkos and moore goals have tampa bay up 2-1 in 2nd

41. nickster13 says:

So far our defence looks old and tired. Need a couple new faces in there. I sincerely hope Spacek and Hamrlik and maybe another arent back next year, its pretty sad so far how slow our defence is

42. Danno says:

Habs are 17th according to Fox Sports power rankings.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

43. Malreg says:

Anybody else notice that Ottawa’s goal song is now Vertigo by U2?

44. CBrady12 says:

Louis Leblanc has 13 points (4 goals, 9 apples) in 7 games with the Monteal Juniors.

45. petrov14 says:

Habs are 21st in the first THN power rankings of the season.

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

46. ooder says:

was it similar to this:

——————

88 is the new 23

47. joeybarrie says:

No your right it was a good call. I just wanted to say it, so if St Louis scored and Halak got the win, I could say even the Ref’s want to see Halak do better than Price…  Only kidding around. Nothing else to comment on really…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

48. JIMVINNY says:

Yep. He’s a brave one.

49. Everlasting1 says:

You’ll make the case for Ward not tripping up that Blues defender?? That was blatant.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

Agreed… just because TB beat us doesn’t mean they are a force. Leafs beat us too.

Kind of like Downie last night after Lapierre was already tied up by another TB player

52. joeybarrie says:

UH OH are the refs giving the game to the Blues like they did to the Lightning????????

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

53. JIMVINNY says:

GUI, GUI, GUI, GUI… Oh, you meant figuratively. My bad.

54. JIMVINNY says:

Yep, real tough, Reaves. Gotta wait till your teammate comes in to help you with the big, bad, Tootoomonster.

55. saskhabfan says:

Not nearly as gutless as having 20 different user names.

56. K-hab25 says:

Ya, that was funny!! Pretty impressive when a guy that much smaller knocks the bigger guy out. Then when Reaves sees Tootoo is being engaged by another player, he jumps up like a tough guy and starts throwing punches, chump.

Carbo rebooted.

58. K-hab25 says:

I was just telling my son, how I thought Nashville is the best coached team in the league. It’s amazing how well they play, with half the line up being guys I’ve never heard of.

59. Bill says:

Haha, the JM funshow continues. Moen instead of Pouliot, yes, THAT will make Gomez less of a stiff. THAT will prevent the Habs from getting outshot 2-1. Martin’s answer is always Moen … love Moen, but jeez.

Full Breezer 4 Life

60. Everlasting1 says:

Awesome , thanx.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

61. Caballero says:

Yeah, put Moen on the first line. That will improve things.

62. JIMVINNY says:

lol @ Tootoo. A huge d-man (Reaves) goes after him because he hits Dags pretty hard, so he drops the gloves quickly and lands a good left which drops Reaves. Reaves plays possum and goes down, but gets up shortly thereafter to throw some shots at Tootoo. Panger calls it a cheap shot because it came so fast, but what is Reaves expecting? I’m not a big fan of Tootoo, but if some monster is coming after me with bad intentions, I’d use any advantage I have.

63. SeriousFan09 says:

Trotz and Poile should just abandon ship in NSH the next time a money franchise cleans house, they could build a contender if they had the cash.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

I wish Barry Trotz could speak French.

65. andrewberkshire says:

Would be a massive improvement for sure.

66. K-hab25 says:

6 goals on 64 shots – Price has given up 9 on 110 shots, 6 on his last 86 shots (last 2 games). Look at the shot total differential. Price faced more shots last game, 48, than Halak had in his first two combined, 44. Halak must feel like he’s in heaven facing under 25 shots a game, after facing 35 shots a game with the Habs. I think his SV% will drop, kinda like Brodeur’s is usually under .920, because of a lack of SA, but his GAA is always very low. Too bad we can’t figure out how to do the same. I’m not the “blame the coach” kinda guy, but I’m really getting frustrated with our “defensive minded” coach’s system.

67. andrewberkshire says:

You’re correct that he used to be employed by the Coyotes, but he was let go when they went through their overhaul last year. He’s still a homer for them though.

68. andrewberkshire says:

Defensively I mostly agree, but he’s alright offensively.

69. joeybarrie says:

To those who think T.O. and Tampa are going to be the powerhouses in this league this season I say this…

Last season Atlanta was 4-1 in their first 5 games, Edmonton was 6-3 in their first 9 games, and the Washington Capitals were 2-4 in their first 6…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

70. JIMVINNY says:

If you have cable or satellite, you shouldn’t need to sign up. It should just be there. Or try this;

71. TomNickle says:

It’s early and I love Scott Gomez but I’d love to wake up tomorrow morning and see on Sportscentre that Gauthier swung a three way deal that landed us Brad Richards and shipped Gomer out.

Sorry Scott.  You’re still hilarious.

I gotta think he was #1 on Gainey’s wish list before he acquired Gomez.

72. JIMVINNY says:

Ah. I thought he was the coyotes cheerleader. Didn’t know he had gone to the blues. Point still stands, though.

73. JIMVINNY says:

Gui! takes a dumb penalty, whines all the way to the box, Penner drills a one-timer in 19 seconds into the PP to tie the game. Back to the fourth line, Gui.

74. TomNickle says:

Lehtonen is close to Rask’s level when he’s 100%

But so is DiPietro.

75. SeriousFan09 says:

You know, when Lehtonen isn’t hospitalized, he’s a pretty good goalie, Datsyuk just tried to deke him on a breakaway and he didn’t bite.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

76. saskhabfan says:

Ok Ian, win a couple of rounds? I can tell you are a big dreamer. If they squeak into the playoffs, and that is a huge if (odds are against it). There is no way this team can handle anyone in this conference who they might play. This team gets pounded by teams fighting for Taylor Hall, now you think they can beat the Pittsburghs, Washingtons or Jerseys of the world in a playoff atmosphere. Ha! you know less about hockey than I thought

77. larisalapointe says:

Does Viggo know you’re using his beautiful face for other purposes?

78. ManApart says:

Never talked to him directly about it, but I’m sure he would approve, considering he’s a big Habs fan.

79. larisalapointe says:

Yeah but are you a Habs fan or a Blues fan? Maybe this would upset Viggo?

80. ManApart says:

I’m a Habs fan, but I have to admit, I’m so disillusioned with management who have become very stagnant after 7 years, that my “fanatisism” isn’t what it used to be. I’ve lost faith in Habs management who know how to put on a show, but I believe the game has passed them all by. I look at a team like Tampa with Yzerman at the helm and Boucher behind the bench and see what I wish Montreal had. Gauthier, Martin, Gainey before him don’t understand the game and cap as it is today, and we all have to be happy with average play because of it. I’m really hoping Molson cleans house and does what Tampa is doing.

81. larisalapointe says:

Viggo would be proud of that answer. I actually agree with you on some of your points but don’t you think that the ”Halak as saviour”” thing is the right way to express your disillusionment (if there is such a word hahaha)? The present team is busting their chops to please us, the fans. It’s not their fault who manages them.

82. otter649 says:

We’ll soon see how well Yzerman handles the salary cap when it comes to signing Stamkos while being stuck having #4 with a huge cap hit & not earning his salary based on dollars spent along being injury prone the last few years
    but three games in it is too early to decide if Yzerman & Boucher are saviors for the franchise………

83. Storm Man says:

You’re hero is playing very well tonight. :p

84. Everlasting1 says:

I’m liking the Blues’ tenacity..there’s no quit in them, always on the attack. They clearly out played the Preds in the loss. They’ll be a force in the West.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

85. Seps says:

They just have weak goaltending lol

86. 23 HABS 23 says:

I find it unfortunate how some on this site will praise the efforts of another team (St. Louis) – and before this gets out of hand … this is not directed at Evelasting1 … just was the first Blues praise I happened to read.

Anyway, I can somewhat understand the following because Halak has found a home in St. Louis and like I have said in the past, good for Jaro – I hope he does well.  As for the game tonight, I agree, they were flying out there, especially at the end of the 1st period.  But Halak was nowhere near good – if that were Price, he would certainly be lynched at the hands of the small sector of the Hab faithful for poor performance, lack of effort and lack of emotion.  I read in another post – giving Halak a break for his poor play by saying that goalies can’t play stellar every night – All I ask is that you remember those words when looking to place blame on Price for losses.

The game against the lightning on Wednesday – Price played lights out! And he deserved a much better fate than an OT loss at the hands of the refs.  I think the Canadiens will be fine this year – we will make our way into the playoffs I believe – but this seems like a weird year – and everyone I talk to seems to be knee jerking based on the first 3 games of the year … let the season go on and we will see who makes adjustments and we’ll see at Christmas where teams stand – no need to panic yet!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

87. Everlasting1 says:

Things happen when guys like him position well in front of the net.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

88. dre1744 says:

Is Dagger gonna become a scoring machine for the Blues!!!!!!

Haha… RDS has an article “Are Canadiens missing Bergeron” – http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/307991.html

I don’t know about the Canadiens, but I sure do. He was awesome!

90. saskhabfan says:
    Posted by retromikey on tsn. At least now his idiotic posts make sense.
    retromikey posted 4 days ago

No chance the bruins get a high draft picks this year with the awesome leafs,as they say. The leafs will win the east,as it goes. Mikhail grabovski will be the next alexander ovechkin,mark my words. The leafs go 6-0 vs the bruins this year so it won’t be easy bruins,it won’t be easy

91. andrewberkshire says:

Wow… I hope that’s all sarcasm.

92. ManApart says:

Seems your posts are never about anything hockey, but only about calling other people’s posts idiotic. You’re what they call an internet punk who needs to get a life. All tough behind their computers making up for their impotence in real life. Never heard anything remotely intelligent come out of your ignorant mouth. Maybe you should just keep it shut.

93. Rainrocket16 says:

Can’t find the 3 Stars App for Droid, WTH!!

94. light_n_tasty says:

Did you just WTH instead of WTF?  Oh man…

95. Everlasting1 says:

Another knee jerker. There were two pp goals, and Halak was screened on the first goal. No goalie is stellar on any given night.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

96. Seps says:

lol calm down Bluesfan1

97. SeriousFan09 says:

MIN drops EDM.

Mikko Koivu lifting a franchise on his back, his brother called to tell him he knows how it feels.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

98. ooder says:

the Koivus are something else.

now imagine them on a real hockey team during thier prime years

——————

88 is the new 23

I love the comments re Green :)

100. Everlasting1 says:

Is there another praising the Blues? lol I praise the Habs as well after a good outing – win or lose. I don’t speak for others, but I’ve always remained fair/impartial in assessing goalie performances.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

101. SeriousFan09 says:

D Morgan Ellis helps his team the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles of the QMJHL get a SO win in a 4-3 game by nailing the 2nd goal of the SO and seal their win, he had an assist on the night as well.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

102. mike g says:

MIKE G’S BACK BIATCHES!!!!

Thats right, he went out tonight, finished a bottle of you know what, and now its time to post on HIO for the 1st time in over a week. Man, this site is like a drug. I found myself being unable to sleep at night, pulling sweats during the day, etc…But then I’d read HIO on my iphone, and it was like all was good. Anyways, back to the Habitants…

- Over the past 24 hours, this city and its loyal bipolar hockey fans witnessed something that we didn’t think would occur this early in this worlds civilization. God himself, Guy Boucher, returned to earth to spread the good faith. While all you religious people were waiting for God to come here and preach about sharing and living stress-free (no cell phones or Tim Hortons), he ended up coming to earth to become a hockey coach. And who says hockey cant work in the States??!! If God himself came back as a hockey coach, ALL Americans will indeed follow hockey now. So I would like to personally thank Guy Boucher for not only justifying all priests’ sexual restrictions, but more importantly for rescuing hockey in the USA.

-Now with the Habs; can someone please tell Ryan O’Byrne that the goal in hockey isn’t to see who can put the puck over the glass first??!! I swear to Guy Boucher that I really think he is persuaded that he will one day win a trophy for this. Buddy, wake the f’uk up, use your 9 foot 6 frame, and hit someone please. It will feel good, and you wont be benched all the time.

-Dear Benny Pouliot: Call RBK and tell them your switching to Bauer skates. Mike G did this, and he hasn’t fallen as much on his skates in his whole life than you do in one shift. It’s getting really annoying, to the point that when Benny gets the puck, I expect him to fall. There’s a problem somewhere there….

-RDS….Thank you so much for showing us Guy Boucher’s face so much last night. I really mean it, I’m not joking around one bit. Because while Brunet and Joel Bouchard were master bating to everything Guy Boucher related, I was starring at a really hot MILF sitting right behind the Tampa coach. A nice french-canadian blonde….O YEA!!

Anyhoo, if you guys wanna know why I was gone for this long, here my reason: you guys are all nuts. Plain and simple, thats the nicest way I can put it. You complain about everything, analyze every save and shot that didn’t hit the net, and STILL think that Benny and AK46 are top 6 forwards(By the way, we got treated to a Kostitsyn goal yesterday, I’m looking forward to his next one in January.). But, you guys are alright. Without ya’ll, I’d be in bed now not thinking about the Habs. I’d be wasting my life sleeping instead of being alive and enjoying the great sport of hockey that exceptional religious spirits like Guy Boucher and Stevie Y are a part of.

Anyways, I’m out. Got a long day ahead of me tomorrow. Might go to Future Shop and see if I can bust ballz in the home theatre department. I’ll pretend like I’m interested in a whole home theatre kit, TV and everything, like $6000 worth. I’ll have the salesman follow me for like 6 hours, explain me everything, and make him switch channels all day long while I mention fancy words like “HDMI” and “contrast ratio”. And then when his shift is over, and he will think that I’m buying the kit and he’s making a crazy huge commission, I’ll tell him I’m just gonna buy it at Best Buy where they don’t work on commission, because it’s $50 cheaper. But in reality, I wont even buy it there, cuz I dont need a tv, so I’ll just go home by that time and watch the Habs play against the Sabres.

Might be an exciting game. We could see a record breaking 3 total goals scored in the game.

Night Night!!

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

103. SmartDog says:

Amen.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

104. Rainrocket16 says:

Yes…Trying to not swear so much. Even in abbreviations. haha.

105. mbplekfan says:

We knew that the opening weeks of the season were going to be tough without Markov. If this team manages .500 hockey without him we are in good shape.

Our bottom six is much improved with Boyd and Halpern taking regular shifts.

Eller is playing well and not making mistakes. The points will come.

Pleks is proving he is worth every penny.

Cammaleri looks bound and determined to score 40 this year.

AK is interested and aggresive.

Once Gomez and Gionta get it going they will elevate Pouliots game.

Price is a big league goalie.

106. SmartDog says:

Good optimistic post.

Positive. But not full of crap.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

107. Corporate says:

Well you know Leafs fans don’t have much to cheer. So when they can they do. But like every other year it will not last.

108. observer says:

not my leafs love i have never never never been a fan of that team nor ever ever will – i am merely directing those comments to those who really are obsessed with that team that has not been champion or close in 43 years. all summer long thats all i read here. this leafs start must be killing them.

109. Say Ash says:

no idea what you’re talking about, mon ami

110. fbkj says:

hey waitasecond…

111. secretdragonfly says:

Thank you, mods.  That was painful.

112. yathehabsrule says:

What’d I miss?!

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

113. SeriousFan09 says:

Talk about a weak night for hockey, teams that are either boring as **** or I hate except for DET-DAL.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

114. ManApart says:

Are you forgetting the St.Louis game? Nashville is pretty boring, but you do have the saviour in goal for the Blues. Worth a look I would say.

115. observer says:

Re: “The Oilers and Stars are both 2-0. So are the Hurricanes and also the Lightning” – ? ? ? ? Strange you omitted to note some team in Canada that is 3-0 and all in regulation time?

116. _Habsoloutly_ says:

holy crap dude,  will you get over your damn Leaf love?  every post you make is how great the Laffs are.  It’s three games into the season you moron get a grip.

117. kelowna_HAB says:

Comment on “leafs inside out” oh wait there isn’t one… so just turn off the computer.

118. Mrhab24 says:

1st……. darn you FBKJ

…I’m on a horse!

119. fbkj says:

ya didnt miss much

120. saskhabfan says:

Really? Anytime tough guy. I just call out the a$$holes like you who do nothing but insult other peoples post. If you want to be a tough guy in the real world,you just let me know when and where. It just drives you nuts that your stupid ass get proven wrong over and over again. I find it down right funny that the losers like yourself who feel the need to insult everybody elses ideas turn into the biggest cry babies  when somebody like me does it back to you. If you don’t like it,don’t read it. Besides i doubt someone who represents 0.0001% of the opinion of the registered users here should have any opinion of what i should do,even though you feel self entitled to do so. Besides,its not like anybody ever agrees with you anyway. Its not even like your considered any kind of a valuable contributer to the site,just some wanna be who doesn’t have a clue. But thanks for coming out and making me laugh small fry.

121. ooder says:

Leclaire is injured for the sens…

man senators and their goalies.. almost as bad as the flyers

——————

88 is the new 23

122. adam76 says:

Pascal played is junior in Halifax, he was always hurt.  This was years ago, but it was suggested his work ethic off the ice was part responsible for his reoccurring groin and ankle issues.

123. Puck Bard says:

Poor Gio:

Last night it was quaint and classy, if a tad awkward. This morning the view from 30k feet was less encouraging. I believe Ted Bird got it right.

124. SmartDog says:

Ouch.

But yeah, he’s got a point.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

125. fbkj says:

as it stands, he was just annointed captain and after the ringer koivu was put through for only knowing 4 languages, this was a pre-emptive strike that will help gionta from having to put up with a lot of the accepted discrimination that permeates in quebec society…

i cant stand political correctness, but this just aint it

that and ted bird is a moron