Don’t panic!

First consecutive losses of the season.

Sports radio will be lively today.

Pat Hickey’s game story

Quotes from the room

About last night …

Pierre Ladouceur’s analysis

1. nick says:

Hey off topic – anyone see the meteor shower over MTL last night? Must have seen a dozen or so from on the island which is pretty rare given the light pollution…

2. Bob Dobbs says:

Absu writes: “The question now is will the second 10 games be as bad as the first 10 were good?”

Geeze, obviously he’s pissed off with the habs and taking the luxury of venting his personal frustration in his article. Too bad, I usually like what he has to say.

Anyways, in other news… are the habs in a scoring slump? NO. Gionta and Cammy are in a scoring slump, and the power play isn’t clicking, period, I don’t see any reason to make the issue bigger than this. It’s not as though the habs don’t have lots of offensive weapons or are too small. Hopefully JM will finally put someone better than Moen on the second line.

You know what’s really surprising to me, I thought Gionta was very tough, mentally that is. Is the captaincy pressure getting to him? I really didn’t realize he was the type of player who’s susceptible like that, and it makes me wonder if he’s the right man to be the captain. Alternatively, maybe it’s just an ordinary scoring slump.

Now could someone tell me exactly what’s up with Spacek’s contract? On capgeeks it says “limited no trade clause” but it doesn’t elaborate what that means. Thanks…

3. pic1983 says:

You would certainly hope so, but you’re not exactly talking to JM’s biggest fan.  I find he’s stuck in his archaic ways.  The fact that he hasnt put a forward at the point on the PP, like many other teams in the NHL, just goes to show that hes of the old school mentality.  I love josh gorges, but he doesnt really have any business being on the powerplay, and I cringe everytime i see hammer and spacek out there on the PP.  He also doesnt seem to have much patience when it comes to trying new things.  He tries it, and if he doesnt get instant results he changes it right back.

Pierre Mcguire actually had a great idea when he suggested pleks play the point on the PP.  He’s our best decision maker, hes an amazing passer, he’s excellent defensively, and he can step into one if he has an opening.

4. JohnBellyful says:

Judging by the performance of many players these days, multimillion dollar contracts and aspirations to be on a Stanley Cup team apparently aren’t the incentives they used to be to achieving success in the NHL. Something else is needed to spur them to excel on a consistent basis: shame/personal pride.

There was a time in university football – and could very well remain so, I don’t really follow it that closely – when players would be recognized for an outstanding game with a star on the helmet. The more stars, the better the player (shades of grade school).

The same idea should be adopted in the NHL, but with representations of pucks illuminated by light emitting diodes coloured red. And the mini-pucks would denote each player’s plus-minus (not goals) for the season. Players with a minus would sport orange mini-pucks – fuschia, perhaps? – that flash, to encourage a greater expenditure of effort of the part of the stigmatized player.

It would make for interesting conversations in the dressing room as players praise/berate teammates for helping to raise/lower their plus/minus. Frank and open discussions are always good team-building exercises. It would foster a unity of purpose above and beyond merely winning a game: to help each other from being marked as a negative.

At the very least, it would save fans the bother of looking up an interesting stat.

( –

5. lavie says:

I (personally) did’t see his contribution to the team’s recent success after his comebak from his injuries.

6. HabsoluteFan says:

Oh my bad, I just googled Markov and found out he has no points in the last 6 months…can’t believe we’re paying him so much money for this kind of production.

7. lavie says:

Markov’s era is almost over?

8. nick says:

Dunno, he was at the Vancouver / Chicago game a week or so ago.

9. joeybarrie says:

Enough with all the nonsense.

AK, Pleks, Cammi

Gio, Gomez, Pouliot

Moen, Halpern, Lapierre

Boyd, Eller, Pyatt

They were woken up last night. Next game will be different. We are making a MOUNTIAN out of nothing. We keep focusing on Gio missing, Gomez whatever it is he isnt doing right, Cammi, blah blah blah. Focusing does nothing but make it worse.

We know who the top 6 are. suggesting we bench or move to the 4th anyone on the top six isnt helping. The defense was awful last night, and the forwards couldn’t produce. But of course Halak would have won it for us… They need to get back to practice, and get on to the next game. Our players are GOOD. VERY GOOD.

Over analyze it, over state things. NONSENSE. Get them back on the ice, and back into a game. You think your special underwear will help you score, and you find your NEED your special underwear to score.   UM NO. You need your hockey stick. Lets not make up nonsense to fill the void.

Tampa Bay got killed 6-0 against Florida. It happens. Let’s see how they do against the Caps, Kings, Sharks and Pens in their next 6 games…

SAME WITH US. We play down to the team we play against. Next up Ryan Miller….

Last season at this time we were dealing with injuries. Our problem now is players sucking. At least we aren’t behind in the league and our players can play next game…  Last year we had 5 wins in November. This year is looking better… Let’s get realistic.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

10. HabsoluteFan says:

I like that line-up, you never know what the results could be unless you try it.  I don’t see Martin making these changes but if the lack of scoring keeps up for a couple more games, he has to do something…right ?

11. Bill H says:

Here in Toronto we can thank TSN.  They show the Minnesota vs San Jose game last night.  I’m used to Maple Leaf games getting priority in Toronto, but Minnesota and San Jose?  Come on now.  There’s got to be more Habs fan in Southern Ontario than Minnesota fans.

12. mike g says:

Might be able to get a Twinkie….

That’s if Spacek doesn’t eat it before it gets to PG’s desk…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

13. tdrmoss84 says:

A bag of pucks for 6 and 44?  Do you really think we could get that much in return for those two?

14. jimmy shaker says:

So what are  the results of PG watching the Canes/Flyers game monday night?  Any rumors/stories to be heard?

SHaker

15. jimmy shaker says:

I’ll give Markov about 8 more games to shake off the rust, but after that I hope he gets his arce into the games.  Seems disinterested and lacking heart out there already.  I’ll just chalk it up to the injury and inactivity for several months.  Almost reminding me of Kovalev and his floatiness out there at times.  C’mon Marky “Wake’em up”!!!!!

Shaker

16. mike g says:

I’m such an idiot…

After watching hockey for 18 years, you’d think I’d know better than to watch a Columbus Blue Jackets game, eh?

And then I wonder why I had insomnia last night. I was about 12 seconds away from popping 28 sleeping pills….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

17. pic1983 says:

Because theres quite a few concerns with this team which dont look any closer to being corrected, and the fact that the two losses were not only bad because we lost, but totally boring games altogether against two non-playoff teams.

However, if we can get 3 points this weekend, were right back on track.

18. VintageFan says:

Don’t Panic?  After 12 games, the Aged Three are already looking tired (and slow).  They need to be rested now to be ready for the playoffs. OK, OK, IF we get to the playoffs

19. pic1983 says:

I kept saying that in terms of players that compliment each other, I feel that Cammalleri should go with Gomez and Pouliot, and Gionta should switch with Pleks and Kostitsyn.  I just dont see this supposed chemistry between gomez and gionta.  Gionta is trying to be a pure sniper, but clearly his shot isnt what it used to be.  If anyone can get Gionta going, its Pleks, and if anyone can get gomez going, its probably Cammy.

20. mike g says:

It’s not a depression, what you have is called a “Habs Hangover”….

You know, the feeling you have the morning after a loss. That empty feeling in your stomach, that you just know isn’t hunger calling you. And the way people in line at Tim Horton’s or the gaz station are all bitchy and look like they just got hit by a truck. Then you get to work and don’t want to do anything, and take extra breaks all day just to feel like a rebel towards your employer.

Yea, that’s called a Habs Hangover.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.