Don’t buy your QC season tickets just yet

• Nordiques renascent? Red Fisher is not on the bandwagon

• And in La Presse, Yves Boisvert has his doubts. Boisvert cites a New York Times story on the sad saga of Meadowlands Stadium

• Here we go again: PQ MNA links the Canadiens to dastardly federalism

• Has Pierre Gauthier heard about this? Vancouver GM Mike Gillis plans to use Twitter

• But Dan Ellis is off Twitter because of this debacle. Last night Elis Tweeted: “I am shutting down my twitter because in no way shape or form do I want to disrupt my team.”

• Our old friend J.T. has great analysis of the Jeff Halpern signing

• And Mathieu Darche is happy his former TB teammate is with the Canadiens

Josh Gorges skated in Brossard and talked to Marc Antoine Godin

Jaro meets and greets in St. Louis. Think it will draw 5,000 fans?

Sidney Crosby goes yard to the tune of 360 feet. Can Ovechkin do that?

Pierre LeBrun is back from vacay, says Lightning will make the playoffs

1. arcosenate says:

now that’s funny.

You may join our HIO troll hunting posse then. 😉

3. saskhabfan says:

LMAO,not a cyber stalker, Just a guy with some fantastic technological resources and who doesn’t appreciate recieving violent and threatening emails by some internet coward.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

4. saskhabfan says:

No it doesn’t. Some idiot who thought he could hide under a user name made a violent threat against me and my family which is against the law. He sent me some sort of bullying message,i just sent a much bigger message in return. Didn’t know the retaliator was the troll. Perhaps you should look it up in a dictionary or something.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

Brave New World Order

No that makes him the, I don’t know which one to choose, the cyber-detective or the cyber-stalker, they’re so close, either way the one not to be played withl!!!

7. LA Loyalist says:

Yeah, with their star czech player. Is that funny or what.

But politics and economics aside, the games between Habs and the ‘Diques were generally fantastic and very exciting – way better than having to watch Habs play Columbus, or Atlanta or Nashville.

G*d save us from Gary B. The league should be contracted in the U.S., not expanded. Who the hell wants to see Columbus Atlanta or Nashville?

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

8. Everlasting1 says:

We’re all slaves to banks, govts, and the unequal money system. Haven’t I taught you anything? 😛

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

9. Everlasting1 says:

Do you know even know why terrorists do what they do? And no, it’s not about the 72 virgins. Stay out of the middle east and mind your own business. Problem solved.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

Why not debate then? If you have valid points bring them forth.

I think it’s disrespectful that you assume that the debate would get heated and would rather not comment further because of it.  😉

For a young dude you know your shit. Do you study polisci?

12. Xtrahabsfan says:

Huh…that make’s you the TROLL!,LOL

13. Everlasting1 says:

Agreed. China are the most powerful nation in every respect right now.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

14. Everlasting1 says:

Absolutely. When has any country ever threatened the U.S? They are the most invasive nation with horrible foreign policies that are self serving.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

15. Everlasting1 says:

Since the Iraq war, oil prices have skyrocketed and the overburdened taxpayers are left with the mounting debt of the military occupation. Not to mention the heavy casualties. Well done.

WE will have order?? How tyrranical. You can’t even protect your own people nor secure your mexican border.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

Your lifestyle and freedom to rant on these pages is dependant on micro-chip sporting taxpayer supported soldiers. And banks (AKA social and monetary order) for that matter. Labour prodces all wealth but banking is to labour what a conductor is to a symphony orchestra. Without either, it’s all anarchy and cacophony.

17. Everlasting1 says:

Dude, americans need to get over themselves. Your ‘military power’ is only an illusion. You’re as vulnerable as any other nation. Britain, Germany, Russia, China, Japan, N.Korea, Pakistan, and Israel all have stockpiles of WMD. You went into Iraq cos you’re a power hungry nation, not for any humanitarian nor for pre-emptive security concerns.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

18. REB says:

Fox NEWS is fair and balanced.  Fox COMMENTARY and TALK SHOWS are decidedly conservative and Republican oriented.

19. Everlasting1 says:

Whatever. Taxpayer supported military spending is the last thing we need to fight other nation’s wars. The only winners are the banksters who fund both sides. Nothing is more profitable than war, and lives are as cheap as ever. Have we not learned anything from our bloody past? Where does it end? Btw, get in line to be microchipped..they’ll replace your military dog tags.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

20. Chorske says:

Every time someone calls Pronger a douchebag, God creates a kitten.

Tampa Bay is the only team that makes sense. And yet I just can’t see it happening.

So many great guitarists on this planet. Prince really rips it on that tune for sure. Frig, what an all-star line-up cover band. Greatest Guitar Solo Ever? I beg to differ! But Prince is definitely an outstanding musical talent and a highly under-rated lead AKA solo guitarist.

22. HabFab says:

Pretty darn good…

Amusing because earlier had done a musical stroll with guitar hits.

Not a big Prince fan but wow! And the Kid looks just like his old man.

Dunno, but I am pretty good with FretboardMechanics.

24. Omit says:

It’s easy to deliver decisive blows when you are fresh off the sidelines.  We declared war on the Germans before the British did, and we are not Europeans. Mind you, we didn’t have the British monarchy with its ties to the Germans, so that probably explains that.

You did successfully rebel against them, but tell me the composition of your population back then. Mostly Brits, and to a lesser extent, Germans, if I’m not mistaken.

I’m not French, so I don’t understand the reference to 20 minutes.  And Canada was not a country then. It was a vast battleground for France and England to see which one would emerge triumphantly.  Since my heritage is Irish, it would be safe to assume that some of my descendants were involved simply because the British knew where to find good fighters.  That is, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Wars were different back then between these two countries.  England wins at Quebec city, therefore, the French must also surrender Montreal.  Strange.

25. BJT says:

I would argue, but it would probably get heated (as all political debates do) and I respect you as a poster too much to do that. So I won’t.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

26. JD_ says:

TB would fit the bill very nicely and on so many levels, Ch.

Besides, Rome, one day, ‘n’ all that. I don’t want to use the actual expression cause Pronger used it last week while talkin’ about his off-season surgery and, well, he’s a douchebag.

27. HabFab says:

Since you’ll started a political discussion without me below…

When did Fox News get that rep or is that a Republican thing?

28. HabFab says:

Would that be similiar to our “fore” in golf??

29. The Capitalist Pig says:

Like FOX News, I try to be fair and balanced!

30. The Capitalist Pig says:

That’s what I say! TEE FREEMO!!!

31. The Capitalist Pig says:

How are you at physics?

32. The Capitalist Pig says:

It’s not that I minimize your contributions, but let’s be real, you could never deliver the decisive blows in either of the world wars. As far as surpassing the Brits, we did, if I am correct, successfully rebel against them? I know that it would never have happened without the support of the French navy. But, your fate at their hands was decided on the Plains of Abraham in what, 20 minutes?

33. Chorske says:

He must have been living under a rock last spring.

Him and the rest of the die-hards.

34. Chorske says:

I say Hallelujah, let them do it. Let PKP buy Phoenix and move them to Quebec. It will be a HOOT. Phoenix is possibly one of the least Quebecois teams in the league. Watch as they trade away the core of the team that surprised everyone last year, and replace them with ageing francophone icons, and fourth round draft picks from the Q. Speaking of which, you think a maudit bloke du Saskatchewan would last five minutes as head coach in Quebec? PLease. Tippett would be out the door, probably replaced by Michel Bergeron, Mario Tremblay, and Yvan Ponton.

Whazzat? The Panthers? Also one of the least Quebecois teams in the league, with only Bernier, dats it, dats all. The only advantage I see is that the GM is already from Quebec, although after a successful career away from the province, I can’t imagine Noranda still feels like “home” to him.

Huh? The Thrashers? Right. Lets let ol cement hands Danick Paquette play at home. Wait- oh snap, he’s from Montreal. Any other Quebeckers? Nope.

The point being that those who are looking at this proposed Quebec team to be the Great Blue Hope will probably be very, very, désapointé.

Not really. I am of Hungarian decent on my dad’s side. WWI wiped out my family’s financial empire. I love borscht, goulash and kolbász. My mom’s French-Canadian. I wouldn’t have been born that’s all. 😉

36. HabFab says:

“or men for that matter”

You are starting to worry me, first Chris’s speedo and now this.

“Not that there is anything wrong with that!!!”

37. Omit says:

Well, if he is dead, it sure wasn’t by your hands.  But, I think we would be told if he was.

Stop flattering yourself about eclipsing the British Empire. They passed the test of time.  You are beginners.

And thank you for winning the war all by yourselves.  I guess Canada and the other countries who fought much earlier had no input whatsoever in the outcome.  Typical Yankee mindset!

38. saskhabfan says:

The biggest misconception among trolls is that they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Back in march i his a run in with one of these trolls and it resulted in myself receiving a message through the contact part of my profile. It was pretty much a physical threat you know one of those “if i ever see you in person” kind of threats. Well 2 hours later i returned his email with a list of this trolls real name,address,phone number, and a discriptive satellite image of his residence. I then asked him if he still felt like making personal threats against me. Haven’t heard from him since,probably realized he bit way more off then he could chew so he changed his user name. In tony’s case,he makes it too easy. Its the equivilent of a 2 pce jigsaw puzzle

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

39. The Capitalist Pig says:

Dude, dude, dude, get real. We don’t enter WWI and you guys are still banging it out in places like the Somme with the Bosch. Hell, on Hockey Night in Canada, Don Cherry would still be honoring your glorious dead from The Great War on Hockey Night in Canada. And, without the US navy, do you really think that victory in the Pacific theatre was possible? Yea, Canada had a great navy when fur trappers ruled the waves in North America!

40. Radio Free Timo 2 says:

Yeah but we tied him up and threw him out the back of the van outside St. Albans. Persistent little bastard made his way back to St. Louis.

Back in the 70’s and especially in the 80’s the Habs were a symbol of federalism in the province. The Nordiques were the team of the separatists.

BTW here’s the CKAC article.

Have you been to Montreal? Who needs to partake in American women (or men for that matter) when you’re living in the city of beautiful people. Oh yeah, emaciated ugly old vegetarians. Nevermind!!!

Gimme a break. The US got into the European theatre while the Germans were already collapsing. Canada had soldiers their long before the US commited any troops. Granted once the American war machine got rolling it was a steam roll, but they got involved 3-5 years too late and after most of all the painful grunt work was already done. Canada had one of the largest navies at the time too.

Read the following:

44. The Capitalist Pig says:

He can live wherever he wants, but he must not partake of their women, or men for that matter!