Do you believe in magic?

And it’s SNOWING this morning in Montreal.

Video scout Jarred Friedman found this gem.

1. Gormdog says:

Well theres no way to actually know, but i’m pretty sure that Habs game, and the performance of halak, was the story of the night. Anyone watching those highlights (although i noticed NHL/coms highlights had NONE of the diving calls on their 8 minute game reel – something i find highly suspicious, especially since its so rare), can see that the Habs aren’t getting the marginal calls while the Caps get way more benefit of the doubt. I just think way more eyes are now watching, and if something ridiculous goes down in game 7, for the first time ever, people will “truly” have “evidence” that there is a league influence here… Betty Bettman would do anything for US ratings… And now the league is worried that the high powered caps are just the sens/sharks v/3.0

2. TheMostCupsPeriod says:

What happens… We release the Halaken!!

3. tony d says:

funny you should post this, we were discussing the same thing last night after the game…. however, still a tough case to prove. Also if you look at other games in the playoffs, the officiating has just been so skewed it really is pathetic.

4. GHG33 says:

Only 50? surely you jest.

Drive For 25 Is Alive!

5. Gormdog says:

So… What happens when the Caps get 8 PP’s in game 7, half of them debatable, while the Canadiens get mugged and only get automatic calls in their favor (trips, high sticks, too many men)?

I don’t believe in conspiracies, but I also know that the NHL would 100 times rather have the Caps advance. Plain and simple, the league doesn’t make any more money when the Habs win. This city already maxes out on revenues/tv ratings/merchandising and almost everything else related to hockey except for playoff success (in recent years). The league has nothign to gain by the Canadiens going on a run – the brand is as successful as you can expect an NHL team to be.

This being said, after last night, I think the rest of the league took notice. Anyone with any hockey knowledge realized that the Habs got jobbed last night. Not that the 2 max dives were bad calls, but, in playoff time it’s a real stretch to see THREE called in the same game against a team. Now whether it was a league mandate trickled down to the refs for this series, or just a general loathing of the Montreal Canadiens by the refs in this league, last nights call on GIONTA was a textbook trip, against a player who holds the utmost credibility. In fact Gio is a highly respected player in this league for always working hard despite his physical limitations. After that call, everyone in league knows somethings rotton in the state of Denmark. And by Denmark I mean hockey games involving the Canadiens.

(And if you think this is bad… Just wait until Lapierre even touches Crosby from behind. Boarding plus an extra 2 for “being a montreal douche”)

(And after copy/pasting/rereading my post, I realized I come off as a total conspiracy theorist. Well nuts to you too Chris Lee et. al)

Only thing going is he has Muller and Paron to help him out a lot.

7. TripleX says:

Irresistible force paradox?

After Pittsburgh it will be clear sailing Chorske!

9. TripleX says:

Sobering thought.  JM is a magnificent 0-4 in game sevens.  YIKES!

10. nick says:

Poti out for game 7 as per Yahoo Sports.

11. Propwash says:

My buddy posted this on Facebook, I had to laugh.

“Well, the habs won last night.. and if you
    look out your window today, you will see that HELL has started to

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

12. Greg says:

Photoshop request: Gary Bettman standing on top of the Verizon center with a wooden staff casting a spell to bring snowstorms to Montreal à la Saruman from Lord of the Rings.

“I lined up next to him at a faceoff, looked over and said “Hi Rocket”. All he did was growl.”

-Gordie Howe

13. Greg says:

Or subtle Price bashing.

-Gordie Howe

14. Hockey Socks says:

Go Redmen!

15. habz says:

Do i believe in magic ? After what i saw last night…Hell Ya!

16. yvresgyros says:

Your Ramones Song of the Day, Señor Boone:

17. nick says:

Not as much as we’d all like… given that JM is mostly running 3 lines now.

18. nick says:

Easy now… no need for Gainey bashing today.

19. PattyBoy31 says:

Anyone know a good place where I can convert a 3 on a habs jersey to a 4, and trade in the letters P-R-I-C-E for H-A-L-A-K for cheap? Thanks

20. Chorske says:

GAWD no. The boys were gassed after 40 minutes. I’m thanking the Baby Jesus, Allah, Buddha, and Scarlett, for the one day break we do have. Crikey, I wish we had three days.

You gotta wonder- even if we win- how much are we gonna have in the tank for a long run?

21. PattyBoy31 says:

God, making a series has been great, but I would be beyond words if they won the series tommorow. beyond words. history will be made

22. Rob says:

thinking Shanks north if you and whoever want to join.  You can drop me an email to confirm and we can save you however many seats if we get there first.  About 7 of us so far.  let me know

23. temekuhabs says:

After that goaltending performance, what does Halak do for an encore??Suffice to say, we cant possibly allow another 53 shots against on Wed! My heart simply couldn’t take another game like that!

24. SPATS says:

Hey Boone, do you still believe you may not see another championship in your lifetime? If Jaro has one more game in him like last night, and if they’re goaltending is shaky again, Dare I say we instantly become contenders?

25. Norcal Habsfan says:

That game transcended the cerebral analysis that sucks the fun out of being a fan. I felt like I was eight years old again cheering on Dryden, Shutt and Lafleur sticking it to Boston. Thanks Jaro.

26. habsoul says:

My wish list for Game 7:

The Caps get 48 shots on goal. We all know that Jaro is 9-0 when facing over 45 shots.

Boudreau starts Theo in goal. Montreal will jump out to a 2-0 lead before Boudreau puts the “Stupid Puck” back in goal so we can watch the Habs hang on for dear life.

Mike Green continues to play like Seth Green. His disinterested performance has helped Montreal extend this series.

Josh Gorges and Hal Gill continue to frustrate the Caps on the PK. The two blueliners are a major reason why Washington is 1-30 on the power play.

PK Subban gets his first NHL goal on a power-play blast from the point. Icing on the cake!

27. habsfan0 says:

If Gainey was still in charge,he would insist that Price start tomorrow.

You always bring a tear to my eye Timo. Nice to see you not joining the rest of these Pollyannas.

29. Tis Himself says:

I they want to go, they would!

Habs play a perfect shut down hockey road game, get out to an early lead, never look back and limit the Caps to 50 shots. 😉

31. cautiousoptimist says:

To the mod who deleted my last post: fair enough. : )

1. – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  32. Rugger says:

My prediction: Since BB has no clue what to do, he will start Theo, who will let in 3 first period goals, get pulled and Habs win 4-1.

33. Rob says:

Posted this last night in a bit of a alcohol induced haze, but just wanted to throw it out there again.  I know there’s people living in the Calgary area on this site, and if any of you were interested in getting together for Game 7 on Wednesday, i think it would be great to have a mini HIO summit to hopefully send some positive energy out there for the boys.  So if any of you are interested send me an email at I’ve had a couple of people respond, but we’re looking for more.  Also if you have any ideas or preferences as to where you would like it held, i’m open to any and all opinions.

GO HABS GO!!!

34. DrA says:

Fearless prediction for Game 7 (not sure if I can stand it).

3-2 overtime victory, goal scored by gionta.

35. nick says:

Just me? Or should games 6 and 7 be back to back?

I need mah hockey fix damnit.

36. Rugger says:

Mike, this seems to be the post where you get blasted so I’ll pile on.  How could you title this “Do you believe in Magic?” and not have a video of the Lovin’ Spoonful.  Very, very dissapointed.

37. Thomas Le Fan says:

I believe and have all along. The only thing that Jaro will be shaking is Ovie’s hand when he says, “Bye bye, now.” Go Habs!

38. habsfan0 says:

Just out of curiosity,does anybody know what coach Martin’s record is in a Game 7?

Gawd! I sure hope Mr. Halak’s parkinson’s gets a lot worse for Wednesday nights game.

Then the big “O” will certainly give Halak a shut out.

I wonder who is shaking in their boots now!!!!

40. benhab says:

I can feel it. Wednesday is going to be EPIC.