Dirty goal was beautiful for Hamrlik

stubbs

Hockey Inside/Out and Gazette columnist Dave Stubbs is filling in for Sports Illustrated’s Michael Farber with CJAD Radio-800 commentary weekday mornings at 7:55 a.m. ET, guesting with Abe Hefter. Follow the Canadiens at CJAD’s Habs page here.

Wednesday, Stubbs spoke of Roman Hamrlik ending the Habs’ goalless streak at 199:01 with a dirty goal that looks like an end-to-end rush in the game summary.

Listen here to his chat with Hefter and CJAD morning host Andrew Carter.

1. addween says:

welcome to our website:

——– http://shortlinks.co.uk/3c5r —-

if you like to order anything you like.

More details,

please just browse our website Quality is our Dignity;

Service is our Lift.

enjoy yourself.

thank you!!

——– http://shortlinks.co.uk/3c5r ——-

2. xiaoqinhuki says:

( http://www.urltwit.com//371 )

We can supply series of Sport Jersey.

The detail is as follow.:

Product features:

Heavyweight Mesh Body

Printed Name Plate

Dazzle Side Slits

Drop Tail

Authentic Embroidered NFL Equipment Logo on Neck

Screen Print Numbers on Front, Back & Sleeves or Shoulders

100% Nylon

Sell Details: http://www.urltwit.com//371

3. volcano62 says:

Would have been a shutout for Price had the ref’s seen the stick to Gil’s face.

4. Lizzie says:

Bring back Lang for the playoffs. He may be old and slow but he still has the passion and the desire to play. He could teach a few of the young guys a thing or two about respecting the game.

5. Remi says:

what the heck was the ref doing when he missed gill CLEARLY take a
    stick to the face??? He just stopped when the player carrying the puck was facing him, he is ridiculously tall, and he was in the center of the play at center ice…..

6. Good Habits says:

The best thing about the missed high stick to Gill was the refs and linesmen playing “Did you see anything?” while all those schmucks had to do was look up at the replay. Everyone in the building watched except the people whose opinion matter?!

not about hockey but still ridiculous http://www.mytacotruck.blogspot.com

• goat_007 says:

Regretfully even if the linesmen saw something they cannot call a penalty on a double minor ( a linesmen can make a call but it has to be a major or worst)

Both refs must have been staring at the puck to miss it. Because Hal Gill was involved in the play and had an obvious reaction! But oh well atleast we won.

HIO has change my life, I think for the better but my boss may disagree! Go Habs GO!

• Habfan4lfe says:

Ya no kidding eh. A million people saw it right at the second it happened and yet the 2 refs who could make the call didn’t. I was like “what the F, hey wohoa wohoa”. Ridiculous. McCreary sucks so bad. When he saluted the fans at the end of the game, I wish I was there to chuck something at him.

7. The Cat says:

Is this thing on?

8. joshua94k says:

Bob Gainey has been a true HAB throughout his career. From an unknown draft pick to becoming team captain, Conn Smythe, Selke winner, Stanley Cup winner, a champion on and off the ice.

In the early 2000s the Canadiens struggled and there was a sense of hope when Bob Gainey was named GM. Through turbulent times with family matters he stood strong and helped rebuild this team at a time when sell-out crowds were no longer happening and many players didn’t want to play in Montreal with the pressure and high taxes. Only once has the team missed the play-offs during his reign. Instead of letting the team fall in the standings and rebuild with youth, he brought in key players and excitement in Montreal has never been more strong.

PK Subban, Carey Price, Mike Cammalleri, Brian Gionta, Hall Gill, Josh Gorges, are just some of the key players he has brought in. With a healthy line-up including Markov and Gorges, this team can compete wih anyone. When I look at the Toronto Maple Leafs who for years are struggling to make the play-offs and have no hope for the future, I am glad Bob Gainey helped this team.

However his greatest contribution has been his player development, guiding Price, standing up for Subban, and helping Scott Gomez. It is not his fault Gomez has under performed, but when Gomez’s performance improves, we know that the silent leader has been behind him.

When Gainey speaks, people listen.

• TommyB says:

Good post. It churns my stomach when I read the negativity posted on here about Bob Gainey. I think I can say, with the uppermost degree of certainty, that there isn’t one poster on this site who could tie Gainey’s skates, let alone manage an NHL franchise.

9. The Cat says:

Pretty quiet today!

10. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

I love everybody, I hate everybody, ugly is beautiful, black is white, ref’s can’t see, PP is in a funk, P.K. gets 1:30ish on the PP, Gomez gets a nice assist, Hamrlik & Darche are offensive weapons, Pouliot needs ankle supports, another too many men on the ice penalty, and the SYSTEM is stellar in nets ! Habs win and 2pts is 2pts !! Gonna have to be stronger tonight. Man…do I ever need a drink, coffee will do just fine. It’s all good ! Gonna be a good day !! Call me crazy, thumb me down, don’t give a damn ! Life is good…!! Go Habs Go !

11. Mike D says:

A big and very much needed win last night by the boys. Not exactly a goal scoring explosion, but thanks to Carey, it was enough.

Too bad Carey didn’t get the shutout he deserved because of a BS missed call for the high-stick on Gill. As happy as I am about getting the W and two points, that kinda pisses me off. How did the f’n refs miss that?!?!

– Honestly yours

• shiram says:

Well they did miss it, and they even apologized for it.
      As for Carey, I think he values the 2 points more so than a shutout.

Still it sure was annoying, but that’s what you have to expect with the way refing is done in the NHL.

• habsfan0 says:

My friend was at the sports celebrity breakfast on Sunday featuring the Montreal Expos. He asked Pedro Martinez if,given a choice,(as HOF has final say on these matters)what cap would Pedro wear at the induction ceremony should he be elected to baseball’s Hall of Fame. Without reservation,Pedro said:”Montreal Expos”. Unlike Carter and Dawson.

Good morning Mr. Stubbs,

A couple of suggestions if I may, for the people at HIO.!

First, The thumbs up and down is taking away from people interacting and posting their personal comments and ideas. It also affords these trolls to just come on and make a mockery by clicking numerous times.

Second, Could you restore the ability of us clicking onto others avatar to view their profile and contact info, so we know who we are having a conversation with.? More of a personal touch.!?

Third, The limited number of replies that we now can have, really cuts into our conversation, and people simple move on to other sites to have interaction there.

Sure hope you take this into consideration. Thank you.

• Dave Stubbs says:

Good points, Ian. Passed along to the powers-that-be.

Dave Stubbs

Hockey Inside/Out
      Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
      • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1
      • Email: dstubbs@montrealgazette.com

• huge_polar_bear says:

Hello Mr. Stubbs,

I agree with Ian’s points, however I would not like to loose the thumbs feature entirely. Is it possible to link it to your log in so that you can only click on thumbs up or down while logged in and only once per message?

Thanks,

• HardHabits says:

I think that is a major issue. Anybody can hit up or down without needing to be logged in. There are a lot of trolls and haters who come to this site, both Habs haters and Habs fan haters, who would like to kick us Habs fans when we are down. Posters like Fig Newton, Jeff and the guy that had the Bobby Clark avatar are prime examples.

It would be best IMO if only those who are logged in could vote and only vote once per comment.

I also think there is a group of people who visit the site regularly and have personal grudges against certain people here.

One of the other articles has a thread of people discussing that they don’t particularly like the thumbs system. Almost all the comments in that thread got an abundance of thumbs down. So IMO there are many people who are not going to comment, for whatever reason, whether it is because the have not much to say or are afraid or incapable of saying it, and would rather just vote with their thumbs.

What I’d like to see is if you could pass you mouse over a thumb and see who actually voted up or down.

In our society, except for dealing with the Office de la Langue Francaise, you can know who your accuser, in this case your detractor, is.

The abundance of negative votes on many very good posts belies a certain cowardliness, IMO, on the part of many people who have a thumbing addiction.

• bwoar says:

I voted thumbs-down, for reasons I’ve explained in this thread in comments from 1:17pm.

• habsfan0 says:

Just as long as you don’t “crack the wipe” Ian.

• bwoar says:

I’d like to raise this important point with you and the rest of the people complaining about the thumbs: there are trolls here troll-enablers. Hell I’ve even seen you use a slur against one poster (FN). To me the best feature of the thumbs is that the troll enablers have less ammo to go off on people and make the site unpleasant for those wishing to comment on hockey for hockey’s sake.

Ian, the up/down simply reduces the amount of BS on this site, as well. It is very noticeable. And welcome. I frankly can’t understand anyone who take a green/red icon on the internet seriously, and you shouldn’t. Just ignore it! Better to have click-click-click on the red button than 10 threads of useless moaning.

If certain people are happy to just press the red thumb 1,000 times for every time they want to act like jerks, all the better.

Totally agree on the contact / profile thing, 100%. Same for limited replies, 100%. I think that limit was put there to address the back-and-forth BS, which the thumbs are doing just fine.

The quality of discussion is higher, the people are more polite, discussions less likely top devolve. If one misses verbose hating, open fighting, and long threads about Gainey/Martin/Gomez, then it’s reasonable to assume one would prefer HFBoards or the kiddie version at HFBroads.

13. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

I love everybody, I hate everybody, ugly is beautiful, black is white.. and 2pts is 2pts !! Gonna need a stronger effort tonight !! Nothing makes sense anymore, scorer’s not scoring, ref’s can’t see, PP is in a funk, Hamrlik & Darche are offensive weapons, Pouliot needs ankle supports. Another too many men on the ice penalty. Habs win last night. Gomez gets a nice assist, P.K. gets 1:30 ish on the PP. The SYSTEM is stellar in nets. Gonna be a good day…wonderful !! Like I said, nuthin’ makes sense anymore. Man…do I ever need a drink !! Coffee will do just fine. It’s all good ! Phew !!

Good morning Dave Stubbs.
    Are you people at Hockey Inside Out still tweaking this site.?
    A couple of points if you allow me.

One, the thumbs up or down takes away from the fun of people having conversation and interaction.!

Two, is it possible again as it was before, to click onto others avatar to see their profile and contact info, so we know who we are having conversation with.?

Three, Also the limitation of replies that we can have, cuts short our conversations.! So people just leave the site.

A few points that you may take into consideration. Thank you.

15. goat_007 says:

I called Cammy for the first goal and he hit the post and Hammer got the rebound…come on hahaha…IT WAS ABOUT TIME THOU!

16. Habfan4lfe says:

What I liked was that goal where Gill got highsticked in the face, they didn’t call it even though the forum with more than 20K people in it saw it including countless millions who watched the game from home and they still allowed the goal. The NHL has such amazing referee’s. I don’t think there was a penalty on the play at all actually. I love when the NHL reffs do what they can to keep the other team in the game.

• shiram says:

They said they did miss the call, and even apologized for it. The way the rules are setup, they could not go back on the play and change their call. The refs did miss a call, but the rules set in place by the NHL are also to blame.

17. goat_007 says:

Go HABS GO

*Deleting my double post*

18. Icey Matt says:

Duster GOAL!!! and loved every bit of it!!