Devils solve Bryzgalov to even series with Flyers

devilswin

New Jersey’s David Clarkson hangs from the crossbar behind Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov after scoring what proved to be the winning goal Tuesday in Philadelphia.
Bruce Bennett, Getty Images

For a while, it seemed like the New Jersey Devils would never score on a suddenly brickwall-like Philadelphia goalie Ilya Bryzgalov.

But then they scored not one, but four in the third period to roll over the Flyers 4-1 Tuesday night at the Wells Fargo Center, sending the Eastern Conference semi back to New Jersey tied 1-1.

Wednesday night: let’s see how the Predators do at home against the Nashville Coyotes, the Coyotes down 2-0 and on Tuesday having suspended for a game the selfish Andrei Kostitsyn and Alexander Radulov for having broken team rules before Game 2. Also on tap: the Rangers and Capitals resume their Eastern semi in Washington, that series tied 1-1.

1. commandant says:

Andrei Vasilevski is today’s profile…. if people still care after the GM news.

Visit Your NHL Draft Headquarters

I couldn’t believe it when Gillis bashed Hodgson in his post season media day. Glad to see Gary Roberts has called him the Moron that he is.

3. chanchilla says:

Nashville coyotes?

Wouldn’t “Habs pick their GM” have been a better headline?

• Habs_4_ever says:

That would have been a great headline, but I’m OK with this one too. Personally, I hate the Devils, but I hate the Flyers so much more.

————————
      “Can we lose the parade float?…..Thank you!”
      -This Old House, GMC commerciall-

5. LizardKing1967 says:

Marc Bergevin as GM.

While I personally would have prefered Pierre McGuire, at least Bergevin learned from Scotty Bowman.
    Maybe there is some hope after all.

Drive for 25. 2012-2013. Max-Pac for Conn Smyth.

I BELIEVE!

• nbsjfan says:

I like the choice. Next up is the coach selection. Something tells me Patrick Roy will be head coach.

• LizardKing1967 says:

The only reason that would be good, is his “eye of the tiger”!
        He’ll light a fire under his players, that’s for sure. And the last coach of that ilk we had was Pat Burns.

Drive for 25. 2012-2013. Max-Pac for Conn Smyth.

I BELIEVE!