Development camp begins Tuesday

Should we be worried that the official release misspells the name of the prospect they got from St. Louis for Jaro Halak?

The Montreal Canadiens announced today that 23 prospects will participate in a development camp, set to take place from July 6-9, at the Bell Sports Complex, in Brossard.

The list of participating players includes all five players selected at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft held last June 25-26 in Los Angeles, several players under contract by the organization, as well as players invited as try-outs. A first development camp took place from June 1-5 at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard.

All players will first take to the ice on Tuesday, July 6, from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The development camp consists of two on-ice sessions daily until July 9 on both Bell Sports Complex ice surfaces (between 8:45 a.m. and 12 p.m. and between 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.). Daily off-ice conditioning sessions are also scheduled.

Ten of the 23 players at camp are Canadiens draft selections, including 2010 NHL Entry Draft first-round selection, Jarred Tinordi. Recently acquired from St. Louis, forwards Lars Leller and Ian Schultz will also be participating, as well as defenceman P.K. Subban and forward Alexander Avtsin.

Here’s the list of those attending:

1. habs001 says:

dont forget metro had 17 goals that needs to be replaced

2. Omit says:

I’m not over reacting at all.  I will stand by my last sentence.  There are other expressions more suitable than this one.  But they are not catchy and cool.

3. Bill J says:

LMFAO!

I had to re-read his post twice, because I could not believe what he was saying.

Good call on the “bookmarking” of the post… This one is a classic.

The only reason I am responding to this post is so that it may remain frozen in time.

5. Clay4bc says:

No…I am saying you are over reacting to the situation. Jonestown was terrible, no doubt about it. We should learn from it. Encouraging people to not drink the kool-aid is akin to telling people not to be sheep and blindly follow a charismatic leader. That is the lesson from Jonestown, and it is spelled out in this expression.

__________________________

“Peoples will only be truly free when the last king is strangled by the bowels of the last priest” Denis Diderot

Hey, Mike, no need to worry.  Under the rules of the new CBA we only have to truly worry about guys that we have signed who are over 35.  We can always buy you out or send you to Hamilton (which is sightly worse than going to Slowville).  Cheers!

7. saskhabfan says:

Maybe Pat should sit down if he’s been standing for so long? Pat must be getting tired if he’s been standing for 2 days. Or at least sit down 47% of the time to conserve energy.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

8. Omit says:

The people who use this phrase are ignorant of the facts.  That doesn’t make it okay to use it.

And if you want to justify something by saying millions of people do it, well, I guess you can justify anything. Is that what you’re saying?

9. Clay4bc says:

Well, we will see about scoring. But I have to agree that subtracting Bergeron and adding PK is better for team defence in the long run, but it also subtracts a lot of goals from defencemen. Can PK pick up the slack scoring – I hope so. But I don’t think in his rookie season PK will score more than (or even as many as) MAB.

As for bigger…we need to get bigger on our top 2 lines, not the 4th…

Also, don’t expect too much from PK…expectations tend to get too high here, and we need to remember he is a rookie. He was somewhat overwhelmed in the Flyers series after playing great against the Pens, and still has a ways to go.

__________________________

10. saskhabfan says:

Yeah,but does belichek like kool-aid? Or is 47% of his scouting video illegally obtained?

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

11. crabvader says:

Aren’t you sharing revenue with Tony242 for his insane amount of posting? He’s single-handedly turning HI/O into an online monopoly!

His methods aren’t good, but hey it’s money! Dirty money!

12. The Cat says:

And despite my belly, Im very aerodynamic ^_^

13. Clay4bc says:

Well, thanks for spelling out your opinion in a rational post. Nice to see for a change.

As for Tony…overly repetitive? Yes. Ridiculous? No. I think this team has serious problems, many of which Tony is bang-on about. Tony would benefit from a debating class, however, as he is not strong in presenting his views in a manner conducive to rational discourse.

__________________________

14. Mike Boone says:

When did I take a cut?

15. Bill J says:

Check again on these two points, the others… I think we do improve subtracting Bergeron and gaining PK Subban, as PK doesn’t really count last season.  And Goal-tending I can not argue with you, YES we are NOT as strong as we where last year.

Did we get bigger? No – I challenge this, IE in sheer size, yes we did get bigger this off-season check again.

Did we get more scoring? No? – I challenge this too, -SK74 +Eller +Boyd +AK46 (un-distracted & contract year)

16. ZepFan2 says:

Ahh, I see.

Good luck with that. lol

————————————————————————

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

17. ZepFan2 says:

Sorry, I stay away from Jerry Springer.

Now I understand your debating skills a little more though.

————————————————————————

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

18. Bill J says:

That’s because your a crazy Cat. 😉 lol

I mean seriously, a Cat who thinks he can Fly ?

Keyboarding is one thing…. But commmmmeeeee on! lol 😉

19. Clay4bc says:

I agree…he rubs some the wrong way with repitition, but I think he levels some valid criticisms, and his concerns need to be addressed by this team.

in the off-season, how did this team improve?

Did we get bigger? No

Did we get more scoring? No?

Did we improve team defence? No.

Did we get weaker at goaltending? Certainly.

If you ask me, this is a worse team that last season’s version.

__________________________

20. ZepFan2 says:

Attacked? How can one be attacked when they’re the ones making all the ridiculous accusations. Unless you feel he’s not being overly repetitive and ridiculous?!

I’ve never come on here and professed to being a hockey genius. I’ve usually just come and read the posts. Then Tony appeared and went mad. I felt I had to say something. I’m no stat man. Math is like kryptonite to me. Sue me.

Anyway, I don’t see the point in being negative towards something we, as fans, have no control over. It’s one thing to criticize, it’s another to constantly bash over and over, day in and day out the same drivel.

That’s just me.

————————————————————————

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

21. T-roy West says:

What if Souray had of accepted? He would be playing for us now …no wait, actually he wouldn’t be “playing” for us because he would be rehabbing some part of his ailing body. He offered Souray the big contract. Not a good move period. Sorry!

22. Bill J says:

Fair point.

He also, had a FREAKING awesome first half of his 2nd year… Then he got injured, and as someone who WAS watching him closely but without “Dreamy” eyes TYVM lol… I noticed a HUGE difference in his positioning and somewhat his style.

Without going too deeply into this (edit: I have seemed to have gone on a bit more then initially expected, so sue me! lol), because I do not want someone to jump in with the Hate wagon…  I feel several factors came into play here:

1) Melanson was working VERY closely with Price during his rehab, working him into a Butterfly style Goalie.  Price had been EXTREMELY successful, once could argue in his original “Hybrid” style.

2) Carbonneau openly said, that Price would NOT be allowed to play in the All-Star game if Price did not play at least 2 games before the All-Star.  Price DID return, and lost both if memory serves.  And thus I knew in that moment, he did what SO many others would do.  Considering it was Montreal, and it was HIS city.  He came back too early, because of the ultimatum by Carbo.

3) When Price started to really have trouble towards the end of last season, and some fans chose to start booing him, and the negative media that was, I will not challenge was self-imposed.  But have we heard or seen ANYTHING of the sort since…. NO.  Has he perhaps learned a lesson, Yup.

4) This past season, he was having a tough go at it.  And maturity was called out, but in the end was it not SK74 who was called out by Carey Price ?  Again has he perhaps learned a lesson, Yup.

5) At 22 going on 23 in a few weeks if I am not mistaken, he will have been 1/2 of the worst job in the NHL, and some people would discard him like a piece of garbage.

I Am a Price supporter, YES he has had a rough go at it, but at his young age… it is FAR too quick to give up on THIS one.

Do your research on Price, do it right, and your bound to see more positives then negatives…. 😉

23. Clay4bc says:

Get over it. The phrase “drinking the kool-aid” has become a common metaphor in our culture. We all feel sorrow for the people who were killed (as you point out, many by force), but you can not criticize the expression unless you want to condemn the countless millions of people who regularly use it.

__________________________

24. The Cat says:

Honestly I dont get it, from what I read I cant say Tony is in left field.

What about Kovy and Komi?

Development camp begins Tuesday

Well, how did you spend the off-season?

The team anouncement:

The Montreal Canadiens announced today that 22 prospects will participate in the first of two development camps, set to take place from June 1-5, at the Bell Sports Complex, in Brossard.

The list of participating players includes several players drafted by the organization, as well as players invited as try-outs.

A second development camp, to include players to be selected at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft held on June 25-26 in Los Angeles, will take place from July 6-9, also at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. The first edition of the Canadiens development camp was presented in 2001.

The Canadiens prospects will first take to the ice on Tuesday, June 1, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The development camp consists of two on-ice sessions daily until June 5 on both ice surfaces at the Bell Sports Complex (9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.). Off-ice conditioning sessions are also scheduled each day.