Development camp begins Tuesday

Should we be worried that the official release misspells the name of the prospect they got from St. Louis for Jaro Halak?

The Montreal Canadiens announced today that 23 prospects will participate in a development camp, set to take place from July 6-9, at the Bell Sports Complex, in Brossard.

The list of participating players includes all five players selected at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft held last June 25-26 in Los Angeles, several players under contract by the organization, as well as players invited as try-outs. A first development camp took place from June 1-5 at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard.

All players will first take to the ice on Tuesday, July 6, from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The development camp consists of two on-ice sessions daily until July 9 on both Bell Sports Complex ice surfaces (between 8:45 a.m. and 12 p.m. and between 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.). Daily off-ice conditioning sessions are also scheduled.

Ten of the 23 players at camp are Canadiens draft selections, including 2010 NHL Entry Draft first-round selection, Jarred Tinordi. Recently acquired from St. Louis, forwards Lars Leller and Ian Schultz will also be participating, as well as defenceman P.K. Subban and forward Alexander Avtsin.

Here’s the list of those attending:

1. Puck Bard says:

And thus, the Harry Potter themed thread is initiated!

2. ZepFan2 says:

Uh-uh liar.

You said it was a smokescreen by the Preds to fool their fans.

You said it was a salary dump by the preds.

Nice try!

————————————————————————

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

3. HabFab says:

That is Sergeant to you TOOL!

Same grammar, same ability to rationalize the absurd and ignore reality.

4. Puck Bard says:

Bu-bu BA! Bu bu-bu BA!

5. Bill J says:

Clay – just 2 cents (IE my opinion) feel free to re-read the threads, and see if I am entirely wrong.

However, the vast majority of posts I’ve read of “He who must not be named” are replies or “jump on’s” on other people’s posts.

I find on much less occasions people reply to him when HE has initiated a thread.

Way I look at things here, YES we can choose to ignore when he posts an “opinion” as a reply to our posts, or we can say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, as HardHabits did a few nights ago.

I prefer being on the FAN side of things, HAPPY to be a HABS FAN…

Not a negative Nelly who can not say ONE single positive thing, other then when he gives credit to Burke as GM of “The City that must not be named”

;)

6. Puck Bard says:

You cut me deep, Clay

(BTW… love you keepin’ the Star Wars thread)

7. ZepFan2 says:

Funny, you never tell Tony the same thing, just jump to his defense.

He wants to be the HI/O local idiot, so be it. Don’t think we’re not going to point it out to him, especially when he says things as outreageous like…”It’s more likely Beliveau will play before Boyd ever signs.”

Damn right I’m throwing it in his face!

Btw, Did Halak sign yet?

————————————————————————

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

8. ed lopaz says:

no clue what you’re saying – none!

sorry. maybe its me. its been a long week.

9. HabFab says:

Just read down below, “luv you guys”. You are getting hammered, don’t get yourself into trouble and forget what I wrote until you’re sober :-)

10. Chuck says:

Don’t make me break out the water guns!

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

And it’s not even Aug 24th yet.

12. Puck Bard says:

No way… don’t see it. I’ve never seen a poster like Tony. If he’s a clone I tip my hat to him.

I was sooooo thinking the same thing. Too funny!!! Jeff Crawford of the RCMP is back. Same type of avatar. Some dude from like from before radio. No offense to all those old timers, but still.

14. ed lopaz says:

i didn’t read that in Bill’s post.

tony, who are you, buddy?

are you a season ticket holder?

do you go to the games?

seriously – not kidding.

15. Bill J says:

Re-read it Tiny…

Until you understand what I wrote.

16. HabFab says:

No, T242.

1) Regular season standings

1 WSH >> out in the 1st round
    2 VAN >> out in the 2nd round
    3 SJS >> out in the 3rd round
    4 CHI >> won the 4th round
    22 MTL >> out in the 3rd round ???????

- by your logic Montreal should’ve won or lost in the 22nd round? Get back to your notes ed, your argument is flawed from the get go and needs a major rethink!!!

18. Clay4bc says:

Who is the greater fool – the fool (Tony242) or all the fools that
    incessantly reply to his posts?

Answer: It’s NOT Tony…

You
    all harangue him about posting the same thing over and over, yet you
    reply to him over and over…ridiculous. If you don’t agree, say so once
    or twice, and then leave it at that. And stop being so pompous as to
    say his opinion is not valid. Not to mention insulting him…no need for
    that.

Just some advice from the peanut gallery…

PS: Did Price sign yet?

__________________________

“Peoples will only be truly free when the last king is strangled by the bowels of the last priest” Denis Diderot

19. ed lopaz says:

right on – very important post!!

20. Puck Bard says:

Who me? I’ve been here for 3+ years man!

21. HabFab says:

Have you noticed who your new best buddy writes like? I’m having the old “Fight at the OK Correl” flashbacks… you don’t suppose Habs-Guru lives.

22. Puck Bard says:

Bill J:  you don’t understand… we have a bet… it’s a race to see which of us gets banned first. Winner gets a case of beer.

Not on your fuckin’ life tonight HH!

23. ed lopaz says:

yup. misread. no need to apologize. its all good.

24. Bill J says:

+1 – Just proof-read before clicking submit, no need in getting yourself banned ;)

I rarely drink. I am past my fifth shot of Glenfiddigh tonight. I am already bent to the point that I am either going to write the post to end all posts or get banned tonight!!!! Unless I pass out stoned and drunk on the floor.

Development camp begins Tuesday

Well, how did you spend the off-season?

The team anouncement:

The Montreal Canadiens announced today that 22 prospects will participate in the first of two development camps, set to take place from June 1-5, at the Bell Sports Complex, in Brossard.

The list of participating players includes several players drafted by the organization, as well as players invited as try-outs.

A second development camp, to include players to be selected at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft held on June 25-26 in Los Angeles, will take place from July 6-9, also at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. The first edition of the Canadiens development camp was presented in 2001.

The Canadiens prospects will first take to the ice on Tuesday, June 1, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The development camp consists of two on-ice sessions daily until June 5 on both ice surfaces at the Bell Sports Complex (9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.). Off-ice conditioning sessions are also scheduled each day.