Desharnais shines in fantasy loss

DesharnaisCelebrates

Suffering Canadiens withdrawal? The Gazette has the answer with the ultimate fantasy experience as beat writer Pat Hickey and Gazette techie Eric Tobon employ EA Sports NHL 13 to produce The Season That Isn’t. Here’s how things might have looked in Saturday’s game against the Maple Leafs in Toronto.

PAT HICKEY

The Gazette

TORONTO _ The good news for David Desharnais was that he collected two assists against the Toronto Maple Leafs Saturday night.

The bad news is that the line of Max Pacioretty, Desharnais and Eric Cole produced the only offence in a 4-2 loss to the Leafs at the Air Canada Centre.

“I think our line has good chemistry and we want to stay together,” said Desharnais, who assisted on Pacioretty’s power-play goal in the first period and then set up Cole on a 2-on-1 breakaway midway through the third period.

The Desharnais line was one of the few bright spots for the Canadiens last season and new coach Michel Therrien said he planned to keep them together to start the season.

But he also said he might break up the top line in an attempt to find more balanced scoring and it was obvious that there was little in the way of balance in this game. The Canadiens managed only 19 shots on James Reimer and the Desharnais line accounted for eight shots. Throw in six shots from the  defence and that means the other three lines had only five shots on goal.

“It’s too early to start making changes but we have to create more chances,” said Therrien, who saw his team fall to 0-2 on the season.

The Leafs made life tough for Canadiens goaltender Carey Price in the first period when they outshot Montreal 18-3.

“You like to get shots early so that you get into the game but they came at us pretty hard,” said Price.

The fans were still filing into their seats when Tim Connolly gave the Leafs the early lead at the 56-second mark of the opening period. Connolly was tied up in front by Alexei Emelin but managed to tip Dion Phaneuf’s shot from the point.

After Pacioretty tied the score at 4:51 with a slapshot from the half wall, the Leafs scoed twice in a 71-second span to take control of the game.

Phil Kessel scored on the rebound of a shot by Tyler Bozak at 11:33 and Matthew Lombardi made it 3-1 when he scored on a harmless looking wrister which eluded Price’s glove hand.

“That’s one I would have wanted back,” said Price. “I thought I had it but I was a split-second too late.”

Cole, the team’s leading goal-scorer last season, notched his first as he beat defender  Mike Komisarek to the net and redirected a perfect pass from Desharnais.

“I’m still not 100 per cent,” said Cole, who missed most of training camp with a lower-body ailment. “But I’m feeling stronger every day and this was a good start. Last year, it took me eight games to get the first one.”

The Canadiens pulled Price with 1:43 to play but managed only one shot on goal before James Van Riemsdyk iced the game with an empty-netter.

Things don’t get any easier for the Canadiens as they face the rival Boston Bruins Tuesday at the Bell Centre with a rematch Thursday at the TD Garden.

phickey@montrealgazette.com

1. kempie says:

So what’s the deal exactly with TVA? Have they decided to show all the Dog’s games or just a few? And this is on 1883 with Bell? I’m with Bell and my list jumps from 1882 to 1890. I have some SD TVA channels but none were showing hockey last night. I think they were showing some Indiana Jones movies. I’ve checked Bell’s channel lineup online but I can’t find any TVA Sports channels (which is what I suspect I need) but I don’t see any mention of it. Can anybody provide insight? TIA

• Captain aHab says:

They’re starting on Oct 20th. Not sure what channel it’s on on Bell.

On Videotron, it’s actually a fairly low number I think.

• frontenac1 says:

Bell Expresvu channel1883 is HD TVASH. They have been showing games from the Q . I am guessing they will use this channel for some Dogs games whenever they get going. If you can’t get it ,phone Bell to get it cleared, it is part of the RDS/SRC/TVA HD package.

• kempie says:

Thanks front. Yeah, I cancelled RDS in the spring because I knew this was coming. But I didn’t see them showing the Dogs. I’m going to need to figure something out. I watched a bit of an NCAA game last night (MSU vs. MINN) and it was fun but I’m gonna need something more. Plus, here in Peterborough, junior hockey isn’t going really well lately.

2. Chris says:

Caught the Erie Otters on Friday night vs. the Guelph Storm. Erie has a couple of notable players:

1) Oscar Dansk, drafted 31st overall by Columbus last year, is often mentioned with Subban as the best goalie out of that draft class. What came out of Friday’s game is that Subban’s stats are going to look MUCH better than those of Dansk: Erie is flat out terrible defensively. They gave up some really bad goals in a 6-2 loss to the Storm. Dansk does have good size and he’s reasonably quick. Made some terrible decisions with the puck at times, but it’s hard to judge him on the goals against because many of them were of the “no chance” variety.

2) Connor McDavid, who was just the third CHL player (behind John Tavares and last year’s OHL rookie of the year Aaron Ekblad) to be granted exceptional-player status, allowing him to jump to the OHL at 15 years old. This kid is going to be an absolute superstar. He’s got it all: Good size (5’11″, 170 pounds) for his age, exceptional skater, great hands, and he’s feisty, willing to go anywhere on the ice in pursuit of the puck. If you told me he was 19, I would have believed it. Thus far, he’s got 4 goals and 11 points in 9 games, and he’s only going to get get better. This kid might be the best player in the OHL right now…if you have a chance, go watch him. Here’s a Globe and Mail article on him.

A third Erie player of note is Connor Brown, a 5’11 and 170 pound winger drafted by the Leafs in the sixth round last year. He’s got a chance to be a very good player as well. Great speed, willing to go into traffic and he’s got nice hands.

At the OHL level, it is all about speed. The players in the NHL are just ridiculously fast across the board. For an OHL player to have any hope of becoming an impact player in the NHL, they’ve got to have at least average NHL speed. Average NHL speed is far above average OHL speed, perhaps even exceptional OHL speed.

• Habfan10912 says:

Thanks Chris. Nice change to be talking about hockey, huh?

———————————–
      Free JB!

• JohnBellyful says:

‘Free JB!’
        Thanks for the support, Jim. I shall free myself from the shackles of censorship, the manacles of moderation, with the help of posters such as yourself.
        Mind you, having my post sent to limbo “awaiting moderation” has caused me to rethink the wisdom of including links to terrorist organizations, places where you’re shown how to make a homemade bomb, and where parts for a nuclear device can be obtained, which, in hindsight, might not have been a good idea. Perhaps there are less extreme ways to resolve this lockout.

3. JohnBellyful says:

The CBA Photo Gallery

Bettman runs new contract offer by team owners

Team owners’ latest proposal for players’ share of revenues certain to provoke anger

Angry players turn reaction to latest CBA offer into fundraiser, gain public sympathy

Cracks begin to appear within players’ ranks as CBA talks remain stalled

Consultant appointed by NHL and players’ association points out the longer the lockout continues, one slice of the pie becomes foregone revenue

Special mediator convinces Bettman to compromise on hardline stance

Wife reacts badly to news CBA signed, hockey broadcasts to return shortly; particularly miffed hubby fails to compliment her on her new hair-do

***

Bowing to the wishes of the commentariat unhappy with fantasy accounts of the season-that’s-not-to-be-as-of-right-now, I have discontinued my own Chronicles of Blarneyia after one installment; the two other write-ups will be passed on to my heirs, that they might ask themselves: “What was he thinking?”, followed quickly by: “Why’d he keep a collection of pop bottle caps from the ‘50s?”

Gerald!
    Thanks for all the post game links, keep it up my friend. We get 0 media on the Dogs here.

5. CharlieHodgeFan says:

I get the joke with the article, but I hope it won’t be a regular feature. It is really annoying. At this stage, I’d rather a Bulldogs site here than a space waster like that. I suppose the message is to log off and come back when the season starts, sometime next Fall.

6. Cal says:

A rainy and depressing tune for a rainy and depressing Sunday.

• Ian Cobb says:

Cal!
      It is sure a different winter coming up with no NHL. But it is nice to have the OHL Belleville Bulls here in town. They won last night against Oshawa with Malcom Subban in nets.

• wjc says:

NHL dispute will be settled soon, full schedule will be played, with games squeezed in for an 82 game schedule or somewhere near that amount of games.

NHL coming back….happy days are here again! Bitterness will be forgotten. I will be proven right, and immediately forgotten.

wjc

• The Cat says:

No sense in being glum…Cheer yourself up with this gem.

• Habfan10912 says:

:) Good Morning Cat! I have no idea what that guy said but I bet he said something like Buttman stinks!

———————————–
        Free JB!

• wjc says:

Bettman is just the messenger for the owners, do you think he tells them what to do.

Logistics means travel plans have to be made, suitable accomadations made, players, lawyers rounded up, final preparations made to proposals. This is complicated, far more complicated then a “hockey summit” in a smaller time frame.

Lawyers, players, union leadership, NHL leadership have to prepare what they are going to say. How they are justifying their stands. Planes have to be booked from around North America and this takes time. You cannot decide to have a meeting the next day and make it happen. Players and NHL will probably sit down with their people and discuss strategy.

Bettman is not the bad guy here, love him or hate him you have to be fair. He represents the owners. Lock out was necessary because even with a lock out players are standing tough.

How do you get players to meeting etc. with season underway, impossible, and unrealistic. This is a process that takes time to iron out, there is now some urgency to get this thing done so everyone can move on.

Fehr/Bettman have jobs to do and are trying to get it done. There are strategies in place, some of is bluffing (ever played poker) some of is honest, some of it is stalling, some of it is trying to keep media and fans on their side. Of course the players have an advantage because they are front and center in this entertainment sport show.
          They can be precieved as spoiled (not true) they can be precieved as
          special (they do have special talents) and the owners as uncaring.

So the owners hide behind Bettman (in a sense) and the players hide behind Fehr (in a sense) and wish the whole damn mess was done and over. Like who needs to deal with the bullcrap anyways.

wjc

• Habfan10912 says:

Nice job Cal!

———————————–
      Free JB!

7. habs913 says:

Good game by the Bulldogs. Thanks for the links to the stream, I was very glad to be able to watch it. A couple things I noticed,
    - Gallagher is quick and feisty, but got tossed around like a ragdoll.
    - I liked Tinordi’s positionning and the way he took the body.
    - Only the first game but with Leblanc’s time in Montreal and his weight gain, I was expecting much more.
    - Where’s Desjardins?
    - Mayer needs to work on rebound control.

In terms of prospects, I haven’t had the opportunity to watch any games but I’ve been following up on scores. I want to mention how impressed I am with Tim Bozon, only his second year in the W.

This is just an impression I have but considering Thrower’s 17 PIMS and game misconduct last night, and his team’s lack of success in the standings, I think he should concentrate more on playing some hockey.

8. Lafleurguy says:

Thanks HiB for your “About Last Night” wrapup.

“Another Saturday night and I ain’t got no Habbies,
    I got some money, ’cause I just paid
    How I need the Habbies to rock to,
    I’m in an awful way.”

“May you live in interesting times.”

Wrap-up on last nights game from the Dogs website.

Interesting to note, in a game where Griffins were outshot and finally outscored, all 3 stars of the game were Griffins, I guess that is how home games work in the AHL.

• Kooch7800 says:

I didn’t see the game at all put looking at the stats I thought that was a little strange on the 3 stars as well.

The dogs are going to be fun to watch cause they are such a young team they need to gel and learn to play in a faster league. Will be fun to watch

The Hamilton Spectator with a look at Dogs coach Sylvain Lefebrve.

And another article from the Spec. where Andlauer (Dogs owner and part Habs owner) states the team will be staying in Hamilton.

Given how little pro experience our current AHL team has, I think we a had good game 1, regardless of the win.

Our blueline has only 1 true veteran in St. Denis , Nash has only 1 season at AHL and spent all last year injured. While Corbin I know very little about, so perhaps there were a couple a of AHL vets back there. THe rest of them Tinordi, Pateryn, Beaulieu are all playing at a much higher level for the first time. There will be a learing curve, and these guys may look out of place early on, but that does not mean they don’t have the talent to complete in the AHL. It will be a slow steady growth, with hiccups along they way.

Up front the team produced chances, we shall see if a couple players establish themselves as bonafide scorers at this level. Like others I was very impressed with Quailer, he has a presence about him on the ice, and didn’t look out of place in the least.

To me there seems to be a lack of offensive creativity, and I hope Avtsin gets a shot, as he has those magic hands which could really help the Bulldogs powerplay.

All in all a good win, what has happened to Desjardins in net, I was under the impression he was the #1 goalie down in the Hammer.

Next Friday home opener, $3 beer night, hmm now just have to convince the wife that Friday Bulldogs game qualifies as Date Night, and even be willing to let her drive! :)

12. VancouverHab says:

Oh No!

S-o-o-o-o, even in Fantasy Habs hockey, the Gazette journalists have an indecent (and indecently irrational) fanboi erection for Desharnais.

If you want to understand the journalists’ lust for Deharnais then simply think of a 13-year-old-girl writing a Facebook post about Justin Beiber.

Both are identically irrational, are accompanied by the same amount of genital secretions, and are as entirely unconnected to fact and reason.

If they weren’t pathetic they’d be cute!

• twilighthours says:

You sure you aren’t confusing bieber-fever with your man-crush on gomez?

The above post is ironical in nature.

• JohnBellyful says:

I’m curious. I just submitted a post that’s yet to appear — ‘Your comment is awaiting moderation’ — and it made no mention of genital secretions. Should I have?

• Habfan10912 says:

Good morning JB. Same thing happened to L last week. Her best guess was something in the link was caught as spam. Not sure she ever was able to resolve it or figure out what exactly caused it.

———————————–
        Free JB!

Enough of this fantasy EA Sports what could have been or the rehash of what was as if it was happening now.

Good on those comments that are following the Habs prospects… which is what HIO should be doing.

It’s time to put a few of these lame ideas out to pasture. I’d much rather hear about the up and coming crop.

14. Rad says:

Here’s my 2 cents on the Bulldogs’ season opener:

I thought it was a good effort by the boys in the win tonight. Offensively, I liked Quailer, Bournival, and Brendan Gallagher, who is just a buzz saw out there. The kid is kamikaze fearless — takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Quailer is better than I thought. He’s got size and good speed for a big guy, and he always seems to be around the action. He even got into a fight tonight. If he stays healthy, he will be the top left winger coming up in the system. Joonas Nattinen had the flu and did not play tonight, but Rick Dudley said during the 2nd Intermission that Nattinen has looked good in camp. His absence is probably why Blake Geoffrion played center, with Quailer and Gallagher on his wings. Louis Leblanc played a solid all-around game, and was more physical than I remember from last year. He is a versatile player who saw time on both the PP and the PK. He and Bournival are the type of player that can be sent out on the ice in any situation. Bournival looked good on face-offs, though I didn’t see any stats on that specifically.

On D, I liked the physical play of Greg Pateryn and Jarred Tinordi. I think Pateryn will be given a long look at the Habs’ training camp, and could very well make the opening day roster on the big club, with Tinordi not far behind. Beaulieu has the talent and the skating, but he’s a year away. Brendon Nash looked decent offensively, but I like Antoine Corbin more than Nash because he hits, and his skating seems to be above average.

The most noticeable Griffins were former Detroit 1st Rounders Brendan Smith and Tom McCollum. Smith was all over the ice … he’s going to be a good one. McCollum kept the game close. Thomas Jurco was practically invisible tonight, unlike Ray Ferraro’s boy Landon, who impressed.

15. commandant says:

Great to see the Dogs win.

Quiet night for Galchenyuk… just 1 assist, but Sarnia wins in OT over Niagara. Good for them too.

Saskatoon gets back on track and Thrower gets a point tonight.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

16. Habitant in Surrey says:

…allowing only 17 SOG to the Griffins says a lot for the potential of these mostly still green kids on D …and, the 2-way hockey of Our forwards

17. slapshot777 says:

Not a bad game for the Dogs considering that they only played two exhibition games and both were basically split squad teams. This is the Bulldogs first time so far counting preseason playing together as a full team. They did an interview with Morgan Ellis during the first intermission and he is on the injury list. Hoping to play next weekend.

The Dogs need work on their PP. The PK didn’t look too bad. They gave up a shorty and one PPG tonight. Mayer don’t really excite me. He allowed 2 goals on 16 shots after two periods. Gallagher looks like he is still going to continue his exciting play with his speed. He doesn’t look out of place at all, considering this is his first official pro game.

Louis Leblanc on the third line. Looks like he will end up being more of a checker than a scorer. Pateryn looks like he can be a tough S.O.B to play against. Looks like he can probably help the Habs down the road. Nice pick up on the Grabvoski trade with the Leafs.

Tinordi wears number 5, same as our old buddy Alex Henry, who also was the same size as Tinordi at 6’6″.

Beaulieu wears number 8, Leblanc number 20, Gallagher number 17.

Peter Holland placed a decent game, hope to see him on the scoreboard a lot this season. Corbin was a free agent pick up and he looks like he has the chance to be a good defenseman for the Dogs.

Bournival scores the only goal for both side in the shoot out. It wasn’t the prettiest of games but the Dogs skate away with 2 points. Nice way to start the season off.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

18. Habitant in Surrey says:

…this was first AHL game I have watched on TV/stream in My 60+ years …certainly not the NHL standard of production or style, but great to evaluate what’s coming down the road in the way of prospects

…I thought Our prospects experiencing Their initial professional competition did well, and look very promising …Tinordi, having all the time in the World to line-up a Griffin flying over the blueline for a crunch into the boards, and missing …Beaulieu, with fluid wheels breaking-out of His end, but without confidence passes-off for a lower-percentage play …Gallagher being tossed around like a beach ball …were things I noticed …but, I see a lot of promise once They get Their rhythm

…surprised to see Geoffrion at centre, but against AHL-level competition He looked good in the face-off circle …surprised not to see Desjardins in goal, and thought Mayer let in a at least 2 soft-ones during regulation, but He blanked 5 shoot-out shots on goal …Palushaj was a threat all night …the Bulldogs met fire-with-fire when the Griffins tried to intimidate, though there has to be a better commitment to protecting Gallagher, or else He will be eaten-up by the thugs of the AHL

_________________________________________________________
    Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

Campaign to Retire Toe Blake’s Number 6 !!!

Bring Back Boone !!!

…and, last, but not least: FREE PUSSY RIOT !!!

19. Bozo McBozo says:

Freakin’ pathetic. Just watch the KHL on ESPN3!

20. otter649 says:

Habs win in OT over Boston – I wonder what the game report will be like from The Gazette…..

• Chuck says:

I didn’t realize that game was all about Don Cherry. Thank goodness his buddy Ron set us straight with his commentary!

___________________________________________________

21. Galchenyuk picked up an assist tonight, as Sarnia defeated Niagra 4-3 in overtime. He now has 10 points in 8 games and leads his team in scoring and points.

22. Ron says:

Dogs win in SO

23. ZepFan2 says:

3-1 Bruins in the 3rd.

Doesn’t look good for the Habs.

Damn, I was so looking forward to another parade

———————————————————————-
    Ka is a wheel.

Fans Theme: “You’re Breaking my heart, You’re tearin’ it apart” – Harry Nilsson

You’re breaking my heart

24. Captain aHab says:

Well I’m switching to baseball. That stream looked like the Blair Witch Project on ice anyway.

25. Ron says:

Feed is back up but in intermission

26. HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

Hamilton – 2 Grand rapids – 2 after 2

27. Captain aHab says:

My stream is down….I want my money back dammit.

28. Captain aHab says:

Galchenyuk has 1 assist so far tonight.

29. jedimyrmidon says:

Ouch that looked painful on Gallagher

30. Captain aHab says:

ruh roh….PP coming up.

31. Captain aHab says:

Anybody have a Sarnia Sting stream?

32. Captain aHab says:

Looks like the Dawgs will also be better off to decline PPs.

33. HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

ugly … short handed?

34. Captain aHab says:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot just happened?

35. Cal says:

Sloppy sloppy. 2-1 Dogs early 2nd.

36. HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

get the zamboni out there!

37. Captain aHab says:

Is Hickey running virtual Bulldogs games as well? We could compare to actual results. Or not.

• Cal says:

I actually feel sorry that he’s been ordered by his bosses to do this. It’s one thing to relive 92-93, but this sim stuff leaves one, well, flabbergasted. How about getting interviews for a new take on the last Cup season from the old participants? How about having Hickey cover the Dogs? How about doing both?

38. Habitant in Surrey says:

…the between period tricycle on ice races are making Me pine for Coach’s Corner :)

_________________________________________________________
    Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

Campaign to Retire Toe Blake’s Number 6 !!!

Bring Back Boone !!!

…and, last, but not least: FREE PUSSY RIOT !!!

39. Captain aHab says:

Play by play guy doesn’t seem to know his mike is still on.

40. Captain aHab says:

Yeah…these guys riding the tricycles on the ice definitely don’t look stupid.

41. Cal says:

Bourneval pots his 1st with 6.6 secs to go! 2-0 Dogs
    -EDIT- correction: Palushaj

42. Captain aHab says:

Dawgs are makin it rain!

43. Mark C says:

Quailer can play!

44. Habfan10912 says:

Good hands. Already received my first eye roll.

———————————–

45. Captain aHab says:

Geoffrion is on a 76 goal pace…he’s a STUD!

46. Cal says:

Geoffrion scores from in close at 17:09 1st period. 1-0 Dogs

47. clever.alias says:

Geoffrion with the first one!

48. Captain aHab says:

Bulldogs are on a zero goal pace for the season….they SUCK! ;-D

49. Haborama says:

WOW!

Patyern is a beast

50. Habfan10912 says:

Good kill.

———————————–

51. Mavid says:

that link works just fine..thanks

52. clever.alias says:

If anyone is looking for the Hamilton Bulldogs game tonight, check out this live stream:

I’ll try to find more links if I can.

53. HabFab says:

Re-post for those watching or listening tonight;

Tonight’s line up;

Forward lines: Palushaj-Bournival-Holland, Quailer-Geoffrion-Gallagher, Blunden-Boyce-Leblanc, Hagel-Dumont-Stortini.
    Defence pairings: Beaulieu-St. Denis, Tinordi-Nash, Corbin-Pateryn. Extra F: Avtsin, Berger. Extra D: Ellis.
    Goal: Mayer starts

Bulldog roster;

Perhaps this next meeting between NHL and NHLPA can finalize the shade of blue used on Blue Lines for the next NHL Season.

So glad that both sides recognize the importance in trying to get an NHL season. Rather than each leader not taking a paycheque during these negotiations, at the conclusion of each day without a deal made, each leader should have a large boot strike them in the groin area.

55. Sean Bonjovi says:

Will TVA sports broadcast any Bulldogs games that are not also being broadcast(ed) on one of the Sportsnet channels?

56. Corson27 says:

Funny thing I saw a tv station here in Toronto is playing the season on Xbox and in that game Habs won 3-2 in a shoot out .

57. JohnEpic says:

This is garbage, but not much worse than what’s usually in that Gazette rag.

58. Sean Bonjovi says:

Pat Hickey should throw this column in the “worth-a-try” pile, hope that not too many people see it, and never write one like it again.

Too bad Bell Media doesn’t take their minority ownership in the Habs more serious and have TSN or TSN2 pickup Bulldog games this season. Interesting that their partner in the Leafs has jumped on the AHL bandwagon and picked up Marlie games.

60. jols101 says:

Nice to finally get a little hockey fix ( and i don’t mean this fantasy garbage)

Sportsnet covering the Marlies and TVA covering the Bulldogs plus Sarnia playing tonight and then again tomorrow afternoon. It’s not the NHL but keeping an eye on our Prospects in the AHL and being able to watch Galchenyuk’s progress from a lengthy lay off is not too bad.

Plus Vail in Windsor and Bozon in Kamloops are having great starts to their seasons. It still sucks that greed is killing the NHL but it is not all bad when you can follow the progress of the Habs future…

61. HabFab says:

Emelin got in his first game today over in the KHL.

Diaz picks up another 3 points…unreal!

62. Desi says:

Methinks these fantasy results might be pretty close to our real results. And that wouldn’t totally bother me. One more year of tanking gets us another top draft pick, and another year off the Gomez and Kaberle contracts. By 2013-14, with some of our good younger players coming up, our future would then start looking a lot brighter. I don’t care if we have a hockey season this year or not. Actually, that’s not 100 true — I do miss NHL hockey. But there is a silver lining to this cloud perhaps. And in the meantime, the fantasy game is amusing. What would be interesting would be to see how closely the fantasy results mirror what really happens on ice if the season does get started at some point. My vote is to keep playing and reporting on the fantasy games either way.

63. Mavid says:

hey…I am the wife..and I am not rolling my eyes..I am actually excited I hope it works..wish it was on TV though

64. Max says:

This fantasy stuff is too weird and pointless. I’m out of here for now.Talk to you fellers in a year or two when the real NHL actually starts.Have a nice year kids.

Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Cheers!
    Max

Found this stream advertising free Bulldogs vs Griffins game. No guarantees, but will try it at 7pm tonight.

66. frontenac1 says:

He seemed to have excellent positioning , was always involved and read the ice really well. He had two assists last night and one was a beauty set up..He just seemed to be playing smart hockey and didn’t mind the dirty areas.

67. Mavid says:

Marlies vs Rochester is just about to start on Sportsnet 1

68. naweed235 says:

So does anyone know if there is going to be a free online stream of the Bulldog’s game anywhere?

69. The Dude says:

Are you fking with me….a loss to the blued over smurf suckers in a fantasy game? Who’s fantasy?Puck The N.H.L.!

Just logged on, the last thread had lots of good links to articles talking about the Dogs etc… and then we get a new thread to a Dungeons and Dragons game with Desharnais having no trouble with his magical powers.

I mean no disrespect, but most of us (all of us) post on the most recent thread (as I am doing now) and yet we are posting to a thread that is fantasy, when the previous thread which deals with reality/future was hardly online before cast aside.

Just don’t quite get it is all. Perhaps just add a link on a thread to the fantasy result and those interested can read about it?

• Rad says:

Agree with you Burly. I don’t see the point of these “fantasy” games. Habs beat writers could provide better service to the Hab faithful by digging up more information on our future stars playing in Hamilton or the junior leagues. I’m looking forward to the Dogs’ season opener tonight.

71. Hoegaarden says:

Not sure if this has been posted earlier.

TVA Sports (Rogers channel 657 in Eastern ON) will televise Bulldogs games starting Oct 20th (vs Marlies).

72. JF says:

I confess I don’t see the point of this exercise. It’s one thing to spend time reminiscing about our last Cup almost two decades ago, but are people really going to get excited over 82 accounts of games that didn’t happen? There’s plenty of hockey to watch without this, and I would think there must be things that could be written about the Bulldogs and our prospects in Junior.

73. commandant says:

0 and 2 to start the “fantasy season”.

Nathan MacKinnon, here we come.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports