Desharnais line ‘tough to contain’ in Habs 4-1 victory (Video)

Max Pacioretty

After going 12 games with just one goal, Max Pacioretty scored twice Monday in the Canadiens’ 4-1 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes.

“I can speak for our line. We feel good about how we played the past couple of games and hopefully we can keep going,” said Pacioretty who plays alongside David Desharnais and rookie Brendan Gallagher.

The Hurricanes are tough to play against and the game could have gone either way, he said.

Pacioretty said his scoring drought wasn’t frustrating. “We’re winning games that’s all I care about.”

“Everyone has a time when they have to step up and get the win for the team,” he said. “I haven’t been the guy in a while so I was glad to be it tonight.”

Coach Michel Therrien sounded pleased with the way the Desharnais line has been playing of late. “Definitely they were a tough line to contain tonight,” Therrien said.

“This is two games in a row that I could see their intensity,” he said.

“They’re quick on the puck, they make good plays, they’re really responsible defensively as well, so it’s a good sign.”

Canadiens goaltender Carey Price earned his 18th win of the season.

“Carey made some key saves,” Therrien said. “We only allowed 19 shots. But there were some quality scoring chances and certainly Carey was really good again tonight,” he said.

Colby Armstrong left the game after colliding with Hurricanes forward Patrick Dwyer.

“The only thing I can tell you is a lower body injury but I don’t have details. I haven’t seen the doctors yet,” Therrien said.

Rookie defenceman Nathan Beaulieu, who was called up from the Hamilton Bulldogs last week, picked up his first point in the National Hockey League with an assist on Jeff Halpern’s goal.

You can hear what Pacioretty had to say after the game below:

You can hear what Beaulieu said below:

And you can hear what Price said below:

1. hardynails says:

garth rollo Kovalev? Give your head a shake,he is totally self centered.Lathedog are you sure your not a leafs fan in discuise?

2. Stubby27 says:

Although it wasn’t required last night, we need a heavyweight like Westgarth maybe Carolina will let him go for Moen and a 4th round pick.

Stubby 27

• habsguy says:

I dont understand why you would want a heavyweight, the playoffs are right around the corner, and there are fewer and fewer fights in the playoffs, I could see a good hard nosed playing winger, a fighter, no…

• Stubby27 says:

We have the hard nose players with intensity we just dont have a hammer to back up guys like gallagher, Emilen, subban, gorges, etc.etc. I am a little concerned for guys like prust and gorges and boullion getting tossed around by the leafs and bruins

Stubby 27

3. Biggest_Greek_HABSfun says:

I trully believe that this line with patc,DD and gally did a great job tonight ! Came up hard in every duel and inbalmost every chance we had they were part of ! Key role was pleky for me ! Glad to see markov back on the scoresheet ,he deserves it ! About the deadline approaching i think jagr would fit just great ! Great leader ! Salut pour montreal ! Go habs gooooo

4. LatheDog says:

Is there any way possible that Bergevin can acquire recently retired Kovalev for a Cup run??? What do you guys think that would entail?

Do we need extra depth? I think Kovalev would love the second chance with Montreal.

• wildwilly says:

I believe Kovalev has filed his retirement papers, making it impossible for a return (at least this season). Even if he could come back, he is retired for a reason. If he can’t cut it in Florida, what makes you think he could play here? The addition would cause a huge chemistry change and not provide much help.