Darche skating with Gomez, Gionta

Mathieu Darche, a healthy scratch the past two games, is skating this morning in Brossard with Brian Gionta and Scott Gomez.

Benoit Pouliot is lined up with Maxim Lapierre, who’s celebrating his 25th birthday, and Sergei Kostitsyn. Otherwise, Andrei Kostitsyn, Michael Cammalleri and Tomas Plekanec; and Tom Pyatt, Travis Moen and Dominic Moore.

1. krob1000 says:

I am happy about this change…I think it will work….I wish it were Moore with Sk and POuliot but now at least Sk has someone to pass to.  Darche will do just fine on that line, he’ll go to the net and Gio/Gomez are good enough as a duo.  It is unfortunate about Metro but I think this now gives us 3 lines with offensive ability and as long as Lapierre understands his role is to be the dirty work guy on this line it is a very interesting two way line with tons of speed, smarts and skill with Pouliot and sk74.  I like it….again I wish it were Moore between them but I’ll take it because sk74 has been wasted and in a sense I think at times POuliot ahs been two as sometimes he is kind of left out and plays third wheel.  I realize he got a ton of points on that line but I think he’ll produce regardless of where he goes if he plays his hustle game and is ready to shoot because Sergei will find him.

2. Smiss says:

Instead of shaking up the lines by throwing a grinder on one of our scoring lines, why not throw back together the Gomez-Gionta-Cammalleri line from the beginning of the season. That line was absolutely insane, I don’t know why we never went back to it.

I’m pretty sure Plekanec and Pouliot have clicked in the past…..

3. Les Habitants says:

How about we shake up the coaching staff instead of the lines. We call up Guy Boucher and put him along side Kirk Muller on the top unit and demote Jacques Martin to a supporting role like equipment manager or stick boy

The last time the leafs won the cup it was still just a bowl!!

4. RetroMikey says:

We’ll be sweating bullets the next couple of weeks after  winnning only 1 of our last 4.

6 games remaining…..2 games aginst Carolina, 1 game agianst Toronto, 1 game against Philadelphia, 1 game against Toronto, 1 game agains Islanders…gulp!

Not easy at all, we have to win 4 of 6 IMO.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

5. doug says:

Just seems silly to be tinkering at this stage.  We can’t expect lines every day to be great but we have two solid lines up front and we should be benefiting from the return of Cammalleri rather than putting a plugger there.

Gomez/Gionta/Pouliot

Plekanec/AKost/Cammalleri

Some reasonable scoring 3rd line (Moore/Skost, etc)

Good energy line (Darche belongs here)

We may just miss the playoffs yet!  Too bad about Metro – was our unsung hero and a bigger loss than would first meet the eye.  Why he was benched for a game after all he’s done this year I’ll never understand, but he’s gone now so nothing we can do about it going forward.

We were winning without Bergeron and not performing on PP with him.  Not sure we need that pipsqueak out there, either.  Can’t play D and takes away from forward line balance.

6. habs001 says:

Lee Stempniak has 12 goals in 12 games for the coyotes …pouliot has played very well but we must remember he is 23 and the 33 games he has played with montreal has been his best in the nhl…..it is too early to annoint him as a top six forward as there have been many players who have gone on scoring streaks but revert back to their old ways…there is a lot of things to like with pouliot but the jury is still out on him as he does not have significant body of work to say he will be a top 6 forward

7. JD_ says:

Missed most of Saturday night’s game. Something to do with a soccer coach who obviously isn’t a pro hockey fan, a sports complex that’s at least a 20-25 minute drive each way, and a recently bankrupt Momesso’s franchise at said sports complex.

The original Momesso’s, started by Sergio’s dad in the early ’70s, makes a mean hot sub. Mean!

—–

From what I gather, NJ learned us good. First-to-the-puck, battle-winning hockey.

Unacceptable. At this point in the season, non-contenders like Carolina love to be spoilers. The Habs better do no less than match their intensity. A game like that is a good reason to have a Metro around; he reminds the younger guys that there’s no letting up. Laps just got it handed to him on a silver platter. He better bring it.

The Pouliot-Darche thing won’t last much longer than 2-3 shifts.

—–

I recall a Habs-Rangers game many years ago, when both Sergio and Mess were playing for NY. After scoring a couple of goals, Sergio, who was by this time somewhat of a marginal player for the Rangers, got moved up a line and started pointing everywhere and barking out instructions before every faceoff.

No truth to the rumour he wanted everyone to call him “Momess”.

Like Richer and Claude Lemieux, Sergio still brings it to the oldtimer’s games.

—–

CERN’s Large Hadron Collider, which was restarted last November after extensive repairs, is expected to run its first series of high-energy, subatomic particle collisions tomorrow. The concern among some physicists is that a collision could become stable, resulting in an infinitesimally small, hot, and dense singularity that instantly sucks all surrounding matter into its gaping maw, thus spelling the end of humanity.

For all practical purposes, the actual risk of something that sucks really hard proving a risk to our existence is low, as demonstrated by that 43 year-old lab experiment currently being run out of the Air Canada Centre.

—–

The meat of Angry Jack Todd’s column this morning is that Gainey championed Price too early in his career.

Next week’s topic: Mark Streit’s pending UFA status.

JD

8. TomNickle says:

It’s because you have a personal hate on for that signing of Gionta, Cammalleri and the trade for Gionta.  And you for some reason feel the need to bash the team and it’s players every chance you get. Where were during a 6 game winning streak?  Nowhere to be found.

4 goals in 8 games is not just ok, it’s very good, especially to start a season.

9. Bugs says:

A change to what? LESS of a chance to win?

No, I don’t.

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

10. GrimJim says:

Good Grief!

11. ed lopaz says:

Hey tom are you convinced that Todd is TOO TIRED to write properly?

Todd wrote 2 articles recently on Gainey – one which you site, and one which you conveniently forgot to mention.

I’m not here to defend Todd overall,

This article was bang on.

12. showey47 says:

giggity giggity goo

13. showey47 says:

then yapping at them while hiding behind the hamburgler

14. Mattyleg says:

Goodness me!! Whatever shall we do with these contracts? Here, let me look in my purse *rummages around looking for spare change* No, I’m afraid I won’t be able to go to the Strawberry Social this year because of nasty Gomez and Hamrlik…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

15. ManApart says:

What, is it spectacular? No. It’s decent, but i’m not gonna say he must be with Cammy and Gomez again because it was so awesome. What’s the point of nitpicking my post? The point was that the three guys together didn’t rip it up earlier in the year, so I don’t agree with the previous poster, that it is a great idea to reunite them.

16. punkster says:

Then the earth will spin closer to the sun and WE’LL ALL DIE…ARRRRGGHHHH….

17. J.J. of Turku says:

(although I’m pretty sure he’s doing his bday at McDonald’s playground)” Giving dirty hits for crying kids? :)

18. TomNickle says:

I figured as much.  You don’t think a change is needed right now?

19. Bugs says:

Ribbit.

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

20. krob1000 says:

lol…no the ARF! line…………..they are all regulars in Martin’s doghouse!

21. TomNickle says:

I put up a more recent photo of myself so that I’m easier to find for you to kick me in the nuts.  Happy Hunting!

22. notbigbird says:

We can guess all we want, but nobody knows for sure, especially Jack I suspect.

23. notbigbird says:

RAF: Royal Air Force?

24. krob1000 says:

Schwing!

25. TomNickle says:

And now you can cue up Ed trying to save his bacon by claiming how much he loves Price and Gainey and isn’t biased on this subject at all.