Crosby skates at Bell Centre

Crosby
Sidney Crosby joined his Pittsburgh Penguins teammates for their Monday morning practice at the Bell Centre.
Crosby will not be in uniform, however, when the Penguins face the Canadiens Tuesday evening.

Courtesy of the Penguins communications department, audio of Sidney Crosby, Dan Bylsma and Jordan Staal.

“I wasn’t going to skate by myself if I didn’t have to,” Crosby said. He was cautious about when he might return to action.

“I feel like I’m getting there, but I don’t have a time frame,” Crosby said. “The good news is there’s been some progression, and with this stuff that’s what you’re looking for.”

Crosby said he’d be skating by himself again when he returns to Pittsburgh.

“It’s getting tough doing that all the time.”

Crosby admitted he was “not quite symptom-free.”

1. gmd says:

I notice many people think Pleks should be on the trading block but he has a modified no trade clause according to CapGeek. Does anyone know any of the details of his agreement?

2. showey47 says:

Gauthier would be wise to pick up anthony stewart from the waiver wire. A team leading +4 on a team filled with minus players,big body,good skater and a cheap cap hit with another year on his contract. I think this would be a very low risk and potentially high reward move. Definately an upgrade on the wing over blunden,darche and probably even moen(and yes gomez).

• ooder says:

anthony stewart is on waiver wire???? how come

——————
      The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

• SmartDog says:

You lost me at “Gauthier would be wise”. If it was “Gauthier would be taking a rosy-eyed gamble”… then maybe it would happen.

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• Kooch7800 says:

I would prefer Steward to Blunden. I like blunden’s speed but he has zero hands. Stewart can pot more goals and could be a good 3rd & 4th line guy. Why didn’ t the jets/thrashers franchise extend him a qualifying offer and why is he being dumped on waiver? there must be something we don’t know

3. manu07 says:

G-man, record that If you can sing. Lol post it on you tube!

4. G-Man says:

Sorry, Marvin Gaye and CCR, but times are tough.
    RC may not speak french fluently, but the man can sing!

Ooh, I bet you’re wond’rin’ how I knew
    ’bout your plans to trade them, too
    Some other teams where they played before
    Between the two of us teams you know we need you more
    It took me by surprise I must say
    When I found out yesterday
    Dontcha know that I

Heard it through the grapevine
    Not much longer would Moen be mine
    Oh I heard it through the grapevine
    That Hal Gill won’t be left behind.
    Money, money yeah
    (Heard it through the grapevine)
    (Not much longer would Moen be mine)

I know a man ain’t supposed to cry
    But these tears I can’t hold inside
    Losin’ Pleks would end my life you see
    ’cause he means that much to me
    PG could have told me hisself
    That they’s all goin’ somewheres else
    Instead I

Heard it through the grapevine
    No more Kostitsyn on the fourth line
    Oh I heard it through the grapevine
    And I’m just about to lose my mind
    Money, money yeah
    (Heard it through the grapevine)
    (Not much longer would Pleks be mine)

People say believe half of what you see
    Son, and none of what you hear
    But I can’t help bein’ confused
    If it’s true please tell me sir
    Do you plan to let them go
    For that 2nd round draft pick or so?
    Dontcha know I

Heard it through the grapevine
    No more Moen on the 3rd line
    Baby I heard it through the grapevine
    Ooh I’m just about to lose my mind
    Money, money yeah
    (Heard it through the grapevine)
    (Not much longer would Gill be mine)

5. neumann103 says:

I am on record as being in the “keep Moen and Kostitsyn if they want to re-sign for reasonable money, but otherwise move them by the deadline” which still doesn’t preclude Montreal from signing them as free agents. More of a Kostitsyn thing than a Moen thing, since I think Moen is more replaceable and the rumours that AK46 wants to stay and would take a discount.

Which got me to thinking, why is it not more common to seen impending UFA rentals traded at the deadline not because they are unneeded or unhappy, but just to get some value out of them, and then come back in July and re-sign with their original team?

“Et le but!”

6. Trisomy 21 says:

Does anyone remember the guy’s name who was on here early in the season and always said Grabovski was worse than DD in regards to points? I am just curious…. I wanted to give some ha ha’s and I told you so’s is all

7. Rainrocket16 says:

Moen to SJ is the rumor huh? Well hopefully we remember that we are the sellers, Clowe would add size but we would probably have to give up way more than what we should. We must gain mostly youth by the deadline. A veteran will be claimed IMO though and I have a good feeling about it!

8. third generation haber says:

Timmins has done a good job! We never really have a high pick, but his late round picks have been good (verdict still out on 2008 draft). Morgan Ellis (4th rnd) is another great example of a late gem. Since his trade out of Cape Breton he has been posting bigger numbers than Beaulieu. This guy was also team captain for a few years on a miserable team. Check out the link:

Our drafting has not been a problem, it’s losing every trade we make for young players, and wasting too many draft picks to replace injured players. (emmmhhmmmmarkov)

j.p. murray

9. JohnBellyful says:

MONTREAL – The Montreal Canadiens have given the agents for seven of their players the green light to negotiate trades with other teams while reserving the right of veto.
    Hockey insiders say the unprecedented step clearly shows Pierre Gauthier’s days as general manager are numbered. Owner Geoff Molson even provided one: “Seven. That’s how many days he has left unless he shows me he can turn the team around. And he doesn’t have to do any of the heavy lifting. The agents will do all the negotiating, knowing no deal will go through unless it makes sense for the Canadiens.”
    Molson said Mr. Gauthier’s record isn’t all bad, which is why he’s keeping him on for another week.
    “We’ll see what happens after that,” Molson said. “At least he won’t be caught by surprise, although I did briefly contemplate firing him during a press conference. But I never know when he’s going to call one.”
    Molson wouldn’t reveal which members of the team are on the trading block.
    “Players who no longer fit into our plans, are having bad seasons, or are at the end of their contract already have enough stress on them without adding to it by going public with their names,” Molson said, adding: “I trust their agents will have the interests of the team as well as the players’ when trying to swing a deal. Who knows, maybe the agent who lines up the best trade will show he’s managerial material.”

10. ont fan says:

27 scouts at leafs game..what would they all be looking for

11. jon514 says:

Anyone have a good understanding for how success at the CHL level translates to success at the NHL level?

I mean in Holland and Gallagher we have 2 of the top 20 scorers in the WHL, in Beaulieu we have a top 10 scoring defenseman in the Q, and in Tinordi, we have a top 20 +/- player in the OHL… Should we expect all of these guys to play and have success at the NHL level?

“Let’s be clear on the facts…”

• Sean Bonjovi says:

I did a rough calculation one time and it work out that like 30% of all players to score at least 1.00 ppg in the WHL play at least 100 games in the NHL, but that’s not scientific, so don’t quote me.

“Andrei Kostitsyn will be traded this month”
      - Sean Bonjovi

• Chris says:

Completely hit and miss. The thing you have to remember with the CHL is that you have 19 year olds, like Gallagher, Holland, Beaulieu and Tinordi, playing against 16 and 17 year olds. That can make a HUGE difference.

There is a reason why you very rarely see an 18 year old on the World Junior Team roster…the extra year of development is absolutely immense at that level.

12. JohnBellyful says:

What are the odds of Crosby and Markov, lost in thought over their future, colliding at centre ice tomorrow morning while skating on their own, and getting injured?
    I worry about such things.

13. jonnyp says:

Travis moen for Ryan Clowe ?? Rumors

14. like a boss says:

I was trying to think of some trades that would make sense and i came up with this; because Anahiem has already said that noone on thier team is safe (except for selenne and koivu because of their no trade clause) i believe the Canadiens should make a deal with them. As it stands now, Montrel has the 5th pick in the draft and Anahiem has the 2nd both picks would be in the lottery for the first over all pick. I propose this trade:

To MTL:
    Getzlaf
    Ryan
    Koivu(if he is willing to wave his no-trade)

To Anahiem:
    Pleks
    1st round pick
    Gionta

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Maybe if PG was the Anh GM…..

Getzlaf is a 26 year old Canadian Olympic 6’5″ center RH shot with a cap hit of 5.3 million that scores at a point per game pace and has significant playoff experience..

It would take Subban, Emelin, Plekanec, Gallagher for Getzlaf and Beauchemin just to get them thinking… It would take too much to get Getzlaf via trade IMO

• jon514 says:

I’d be a lot more interested in Perry than Ryan. I think you’d have to throw in next year’s 1st rounder as well.

“Let’s be clear on the facts…”

• Not gonna happen. Getzlef AND Ryan AND Koivu??

Getzlaf alone is worth Pleks, Gio and 1st.
      You would need to send Plekanec, 1st, Kostitsyn, Beaulieu and Leblanc the other way. AT LEAST.

15. ProHabs says:

Too bad the Habs are not in a playoff spot. Adding a Stewart or a Murray for the 4th line would be an interesting move for the stretch run and a possible playoff date with the Bruins. As things stand now, there is no reason to claim either one.

Adding anyone to the team right now that might help this team win games is useless at this point.

16. nejad123 says:

How about we trade gomez for malkin striaght up? good deal i think so

I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
    Muhammad Ali

17. NCRhabsfan says:

I would be happy with a 10th round pick from Phoenix in 2525 for Gomez. People will still blame PG for making the trade, but by then he won’t care. Besides, maybe by 2525 a 10th round pick will be good in the 11,000 team NHL?

• nejad123 says:

id be happy with a bucket full of pucks for gomez

Muhammad Ali

• Sean Bonjovi says:

by 2500 bettman will give up and let the coyotes move to las vegas.

“Andrei Kostitsyn will be traded this month”
      - Sean Bonjovi

18. HabFanSince72 says:

Francois Gagnon makes an interesting observation.

He wonders why Plex played his highest minutes (by far) vs the Jets, way more than DD. Also why Diaz was left out of the lineup despite playing solid hockey.

He suggests Plex, Gill and Campoli are being showcased. Gill also played a lot of minutes against Winnipeg.

Gagnon also thinks Cunnyworth is acting under orders from above in terms of team selection, and ice time, and maybe more. The reason he is being very soft on the players (20 min light practices instead of whipping the tar out of them after bad games) is they don’t want any injuries. Predicts Cunny will be rewarded for being a good soldier.

Finally TSN claims Moen is being traded for sure, but not before he gets healthy, which will take another week.

Tankapalooza baby.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• HabFanSince72 says:

I think Plex is by far the most useful player we have for a potential cup contender.

He is one of the best penalty killing forwards in the league, and a great playmaker.

If Mike Fisher got a first and a second from Nashville last year, Plex is worth at least that if not more.

I hope we don’t trade him of course – I’m just saying he is a desirable asset.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

Is Travis Moen really better than Ryan White, ‘cuz if he’s not, then I’m all for trading Moen. I still won’t change my avatar though.

P.S It’s obvious that Gill and Campoli are going to be traded, and there isn’t a GM in the league who needs to scout Hal Gill to see what he’s all about, so Gagnon gets no credit for that part, and Pleks is the #1 centre who play on the PK and PP, and always plays the most minutes, so Gagnon is an idiot.

“Andrei Kostitsyn will be traded this month”
      - Sean Bonjovi

• HabFanSince72 says:

Sean – Plex hasn’t been our #1 centre for a long time. In terms of minutes per game he has been well behind DD and even Eller for some time. Then all of a sudden his time on ice shoots up by 10 min when there are many scouts in the arena?

Yes, other teams know Hal Gill, but scouts need to see him play now. He is 37. Can he play every other night in the playoffs? Can he play more than 10 minutes / game?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

“In terms of minutes per game he has been well behind DD and even Eller for some time.” Double check these numbers maybe ’72

“Andrei Kostitsyn will be traded this month”
          - Sean Bonjovi

• HabFanSince72 says:

In the previous 4 games DD and Plex had close to the same TOI (DD having a bit more in 2 of the games, Plex a bit more in one, even in the fourth).

Against the Jets Plex had 10 min more.

So a sudden jump. Why?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• jedimyrmidon says:

Cause he was playing well? very little conviction

• Sean Bonjovi says:

@habfan…72
            I can’t tell if you’re joking. Do you really believe that Eller and Desharnais regularly play more minutes that Tomas Plekanec? You must be joking.

“Andrei Kostitsyn will be traded this month”
            - Sean Bonjovi

• neumann103 says:

“Plex hasn’t been our #1 centre for a long time.”

What is a long time, a month?

No one is untouchable but players with the mix of skills of a Plekanec are exceedingly rare. He is one of about half a dozen Habs who only make sense trading as part of a package if the return is something approaching a franchise player. The other Habs on this list are either early career guys who are making early career money or are Erik Cole.

To get a Getzlaf or a Perry or a Weber or a Nash you will have to give up something big and you could have Plekanec as a key piece of that puzzle but otherwise you would be nuts to consider moving him.

“Et le but!”

• Mr. Biter says:

If we can get prospects or draft choices for the players I mentioned below, I would’t call it tanking, it would give us a chance to see who on the farm or how our younger players play to see if they can play at the NHL level for 15-20 games. Great time to evulate what talent we have and who we need to try to get at FA time.

Mr. Biter

Does this mean the Habs have been showcasing Price all season? :)

• Habfan4lfe says:

Ya and he is probably right, let’s hope he’s right. I already suspected what he says, especially over the last few games. Soon as I heard Gill was gathering interest, player selection seemed interesting during games. I think and hope the fire-sale has begun.

• ABHabsfan says:

If Frankie Gagnon saddles up beside Pleks for a 1-1 interview, Pleks should know he had better start packing

• jedimyrmidon says:

Hope Gauthier doesn’t trade Pleks. He’s too useful to the team in multiple areas, and I don’t trust Gauthier to get a fair return for him even if he was a tradeable player.

Obviously you trade a player if the return is too good to pass up, but I don’t see that happening. I mean, what would be worth Pleks’ defensive (I think people tend to underestimate what it means to the team) + pretty good offensive abilities, and who would offer it?

Taylor Hall with a brutal giveaway, that Western team of the future still has some work to do. Talented in the offensive like crazy, not sure about the other end of their rink.

• HabFanSince72 says:

They are doing it on purpose. They have no D and no keeper. Their young guns get to learn in the NHL, and they tank for one more season.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

It appears that way, the only thing about the continued Tank run they are on is they could run out of time. By this I mean, if they don’t start to really compete within a couple years, all these young guns start getting to 2nd contracts and will Edmonton be able to afford them all? I mean if you add a Yakupov to that lineup and his 2nd contract, along with the Dmen they will need and a Goalie?

• jmsheehy19 says:

If Edm doesn’t pick a Dman (or trade down and get two) then they are insane.

Just like, to a lesser degree, we would be insane not to pick a forward.

20. HabFarmer says:

Yeah well he’s also playing with Lidstrom correct? My house cat would look good playing with Lidstrom.

********************

Being on zee Fembaahhts!!

• HabFarmer says:

That would be regarding Ian White and the Wings posted below, iPhone glitch. Everything’s better with Lidstrom.

*****************

Bring out zee Fembaahhts!!

I think the Habs should go for Getzlaf and every player they could have drafted but passed up on.

Sense my sarcasm? Well. I was being sarcastic.

Trade wishes and line combos. Geez people.

Can’t we just talk about something important? Like Tanking™ or Size and Grit™.

;-) :-) :-D :-) ;-) :-) :-D :-) ;-)

22. Danny88 says:

What do you guys think we should get in return for trading Gill at the deadline? 4th rounder??
    Campoli = 5th rounder
    Kostisyn = 2 2nd’s rounders?

Danny

• ProHabs says:

Gill will get us a third and possibly a late second. Penalty killing is important in the playoffs and Gill is awesome at it. A playoff team going for the cup will find value in that.

• HardHabits says:

Gill = 2nd
      Moen = 2nd
      Kostitsyn = 1st
      Kaberle = 3rd
      Gomez = 10th in 2025

• Danny88 says:

That would be great but I think we can honestly get a 1st rounder for Kaberle…. i think he was trade for 2 1st rounders and a 2nd last year. Personally I wouldn’t tade Kaberle unless I get at least a 1st round draft.

Danny

• showey47 says:

We would get more for kaberle if we traded him this year,the next year or even the year after that then we would ever had received for spacek in 3 weeks. The guy puts up about 45 points every year,will probably still hit 40 despite the crappy start in carolina. Those bashing the move don’t see we traded a potential a 5th or 6th round pick for the very high probability of getting a first rounder in the near future in a straight up trade. I think this was a very smart short term investment by PG.

• ProHabs says:

The Habs will trade Gomez to the Coyotes for a 10th in 2025. By 2025, the Coyotes will no longer exist and so their will be no draft choice. HIO posters will go beserk and comment about how PG was stupid to accept a draft choice so far into the future with a franchise that was on thin ice.

In 2025 Gomez will still be playing at 45 years old. Having gone 14 years without scoring a goal, he will say he wants desperately to retire but wants to score 1 more goal before doing so, just to be able to retire in peace and feel like he earned his money.

23. HabsFan82 says:

Stewart that’s just what we need another dud that’s why muller wants him out.

Wow watching the Leaf / Oilers game, they really really need Defenseman (Oilers that is)

25. manu07 says:

Sometimes players are not a good fit on certain teams. Depending on the role they have. Maybe he would be better on MTL. Look at a guy like Ian white, plays for the leafs and looks average some games below average. Now on Detroit he is having a very good year.

26. HabFab says:

McGuire apparently recommends his buddy Mike Milbury would make an excellent coach!!

Glad Mad Mike can’t speak French (1st time I like this crap rule)

Of course this speaks volumes about Pierre and his ability to GM the Habs.

27. HabFab says:

Renaud Lavoie of RDS reports only 50% chance of Markov playing this season;

• Danny88 says:

I rather he doesn’t play this season, it would give more ice time to players like Yemelin, Diaz and Webber. That being said, I believe that when Markov does come back, he wont be anything like he was; meaning 5.750 000 goes to the garbage along with another 7.5 million of gomez money….. i like gauthier but i would have traded markov for a big d.

DannyI

I hope he does play, we need to know what we got in Markov. We can’t enter next season, hoping he is going to come back, hopefully be good. There needs to be some final definitiveness to this question. Obviously if he is unable to play this year we won’t know and that will Suck!

• kempie says:

Yap, we absolutely need to see. I don’t expect him to be 2009 Markov going full blast, but we need to see. If he can’t go at all this season then I think that says something about where we’re at overall with this. People overlook that, if this was you or me with two complete ACL rebuilds in, what 9 months? We’d be lucky if we were walking without crutches let alone playing NHL hockey. We need to see what we’ve got. PG gambled and lost. I think the best case scenario would be if he can come back to be a solid #3 or 4/PP guy. I doubt he can be the #1 he used to be. PG needs to find us a real #1 (Suter) to step in. But if Markov is really done, we need to know in the next few weeks.

• Mr. Biter says:

Yes, if he does come back (rumor from Nov. repeated weekly) lets see what he’s got left. Also not to jinx him but if he gets injured again would he have to retire for us to lose his cap hit. Sounds callous but the team needs to know in what direction to go with or without Markov.

Mr. Biter

28. HabFab says:

Blunden on IR with knee injury.

Pick up Stewart, He’s on Waivers!!!

• Bripro says:

Seriously, why?
        Pick up another team’s discarded leftovers? For what reason?
        Do you think he’ll play better here?
        We keep commenting on how we keep putting band-aids on the open wounds.
        Well IMO my friend, this is another band-aid!

I forgot to use sarcastic font, sorry Bri. Based on Frank and I talking about Stewart earlier, was yanking his chain.

• ABHabsfan says:

Glen Metropolit was a waiver claim and was pretty good. Hainsey was lost from the Habs when they put him on waivers (maybe not a great example). Sometimes you get a guy that can help your club. Stewart is young enough that perhaps he just hasn’t found the right situation. For the cost and the place the Habs sit in the standings, it amounts to a try-out. Not much downside

• HabFab says:

Would look at Andy Murray out of San Jose first.

• Bripro says:

But he’s got another year on his contract, right?
            Correct me if I’m wrong, but Metropolit was to be an UFA, so there really was no financial risk.
            As for Stewart, who would you like him to replace who isn’t as good.
            His credentials aren’t that impressive, regardless of his draft ranking.

EDIT: I agree with HabFab

• HabFab says:

White will be back up next week from his reconditioning.

29. NoTinFoilCups says:

Let’s go for Chris Stewart, rumour has it that he’s available. The Blues are looking for help on the PK. Gill, Palushaj and a 2nd round pick. Fourth line White – Stewart – Blunden

30. G-Man says:

A happy Diamond Anniversary to Queen Elizabeth II, just to get the anti-monarchists rattled! Huzzah!

So according to Carolina papers/reports, Stewart if unclaimed will play in their next game against Anaheim, if picked up Jim Rutherford says it will give a couple other players an opportunity.

Apparantly this is Kirk Muller’s call to waive him, sounds like Stewart was being used on Carolina’s 3rd line which apparantly is in the Carolina system the defensive checking line.

I don’t know, kind of strange how many teams have let this guy walk in recent years. I am not adverse to picking him up, but I also have alot of respect for what Capt. Kirk thinks of a players attitude.

Here is a nice roundup of the 3 names placed on waivers, one of which (Stewart) has been talked about on our thread quite a bit today.

33. JohnBellyful says:

Some random thoughts

Mucous is overrated … they’re called speakers but the ones attached to my PC don’t ‘speak to me’ if you know what I mean … imagine how many more really good poems could be written if there were words that rhymed with orange … why don’t players grow up learning how to be ambidextrous? It would increase their chances of employment and simplify line juggling and defensive pairings for coaches … if a tree falls in a forest, who cares if it makes a sound (mind you, that won’t be an issue in another 20 years when the whole planet will be wired for surveillance)…green jujubes are my favourite…why do I have more than one universal remote if they’re universal? How many universes are there, and why do they all have the same TV shows? …I firmly believe in reincarcation because some of you guys sound like people I met in a previous life (and one of you owes me a buck)

I see you found that bottle of scotch you had been saving eh John?

• G-Man says:

Geez, orange rhymes with porrange, my breakfast cereal.
      Yvan Cournoyer did that trick (ambidextrous).
      The forest creatures hear it but don’t give a damn.
      Those same creatures keep stealing my remote.
      The head of the universe has a perverse sense of humour.
      Damn it, JB, with all the interest from all those infinite universes out there, I’d have to be Scott Gomez to pay you all that back.

• JohnBellyful says:

G-Man, I didn’t mean to be a dornge about the dollar(s) you owe me. Consider the debt paid.
        Yeah, I thought Yvan was one of the few in the NHL who could do that. Believe Howe was another.

• HabFab says:

Wow! That is some heavy, heavy sh!t!
      “why do I have more than one universal remote if they’re universal?”
      Always bothered about those remotes but never could put my finger on it.

PS: it was a doe not a buck. So here you are “doe rae me fi fou!”

• Bripro says:

The green ones are too bitter, and they taste like mucous!
      And answer me this, if the tree falls in the forest but you’re not there to hear it, is it really there?….eh…eh….huh….nothing!

• JohnBellyful says:

Well, took a break to watch the Leafs play — yeah, some of us have no shame — and came with away with another random thought: I’m going to pay for all those years I ridiculed Leaf supporters, in mind and deed. The gods are not pleased with Hab fans this season and making their displeasure known. I’m trying to think nice thoughts of Wilson as penitence. Yep, a penitence for my thoughts.

34. ABHabsfan says:

With regards to the costs incured to the franchise by burying Gomez in the minors, true Molson is still on the hook for his full salary and that can be a tough pill. You don’t get to be mega-rich by pissing millions away, even if you inherit it. However if y’all will allow the assumption that the subsequent capspace is used for 1-3 players that will get the Habs into the play-offs then the deal becomes profitable after only 2-3 home games, at playoff pprofit of $2.5 M per game which is what it was reported to be a few months ago. From this perspective, why would you not send him to Ham if it meant cashing in on playoff $?

35. HabsFanMTL says:

funny how everyone’s calling to pick up anthony stewart. Yeah sure he’d be a great pick up. But if Moen is going someplace like lets say San Jose from the rumours i’ve heard lately……wouldn’t San Jose rather have Anthony Stewart who is on waivers? why would any team be interested in a coming off the Injured list Moen when they can have a healthy strong Stewart?

36. Mr. Biter says:

For all the posters who watched the super bowl on canadian T.V. the actual commercials are on foxsports.com. I like the missing cat one and the “Fiat” ones the best. Espically the ‘Fiat” one.

Mr. Biter

• neumann103 says:

Yes, but did those watching the Americans feed get to see that Canadian ad for the American show starring that chick from Will and Grace and the third runner up from American Idol about 6 years ago like a THOUSAND FREAKING TIMES

Oh lucky lucky us.

“Et le but!”

37. manu07 says:

Agreed. I also like Stewart. But PG won’t pick him up because he is PG.

38. piper says:

Anthony Stewart on waivers. Would be a great pickup to replace Moen.
    Pretty sure he grew up a Habs fan too.

39. jon514 says:

To all the Subban-haters out there. I’d like to make a case for blaming his mediocre (not horrible) stats on the sophomore slump.

Below check out Shea Weber’s (IMHO the best defenseman in the league) stats in his first 2 full seasons.

If you look these 2 guys have similar stats over their first 2 full years, and while PK and Weber have significantly different styles of play, their upsides are very similar. Weber’s put up 40+pt seasons in each of his 6 seasons with the exception of his second. How bad would you feel if PK evolved into this kind of player going forward. Be patient and give this 22 year old kid time… By the time he reaches age 26, half the teams in the league will be bending over backwards to try and pry him out of Montreal!

BTW: Here are some of the marquee defensemen PK is having a better season than: Victor Hedman, Adam Larsson, John Carlson, Tyler Myers. If I could stack our blue line with any of these guys I would ship just about anyone on the team except Subban and Price.

2007-08 Nashville NHL 54 6 14 20 -6 5 5 0 0 2 49 152 3.95
    2006-07 Nashville NHL 79 17 23 40 13 6 8 0 1 2 60 152 11.18

“Let’s be clear on the facts…”

• HabFab says:

PK also played injured most of the first half. His back as per Pearn.

• naweed235 says:

DUDE, for the 10000000th time, No body wants PK out of MTL because of his stats or hockey plays. If anything, it’s his attitude that’s bother people (ie. picking fights with the vets on our team every other week, turtling on the ice when he steers shlt up and not backing it up, etc….)
      But even with all that I would never trade the kid

• jon514 says:

Some people got so used to Jaques Martin hockey, they’ve forgotten what it’s like to have fun watching the game. He’s electrifying and awesome and that’s all there is to say. Why people seem to think he’s worth less than 2 million/season and deserves to play bottom 2 minutes is beyond me…

“Let’s be clear on the facts…”

40. Mr_MacDougall says:

RE Scott Gomez:
    On Hockey Central at Noon today the panel (MacLean, Kipper, Millard) were discussing Gomez leaving Montreal and they agreed that some teams would be interested in picking him up on re-callable waivers for half the salary. They said the number of teams in limited however, because of the high amount of teams that spend to the cap.

salary would be $2.75 & $2.25 the following two seasons…. (habs would have to eat $5 in cash to get almost 15mill in cap space)

may be a long shot, but seems probable….

41. habs001 says:

The habs lineup will be greatly influenced next year by having or not having gomez back..

42. kerrgte says:

hockey’s future has the habs ranked at #24.

how could a gm let his emloyer down like this and keep his job?

• thorandresson says:

So you’re going to rate a GM based on what a website says? Have you checked the credibility of Hockeys Futures? Have you noticed how they’re often wrong?

It is an interesting read but rather confusing also. Weber is still considered a prospect for the Habs, and they have James Reimer listed as a prospect for the Leafs. I don’t know what qualifies as a prospect for this site. While we don’t have any top line scorers (Gallagher excepted, whom by the way they neglect to even mention) they say our biggest weakness is lack of goaltending depth. In my opinion, this is a position which is probably our greatest strength when looking at current players.

Edit: No doubt we don’t have an elite offensive winger/centreman in our pipeline currently. Depending on how our season finishes, our draft position could quickly change that.

Assuming you read most of the website, and didn’t just look at the number they pegged us at.

• chilli says:

I’m sure Geoff Molson is really concerned by what some blogger says about the Habs future. Plus, that piece says our one weakness for the future is goaltending… um, that’s the like the one area we are fine.

The thing you must remember, Goat knows a lot more about hockey and the realities of the NHL better than anyone on these boards.

I have 3 very good friends that play in the NHL. They all tell me no one wants to come play in Montreal unless you overpay or add an extra year. It’s mainly for tax reasons – but also the insane media.

Molson needs to save face by firing Goat but not until the summer. Goat has been fine – he’s had a bad luck season. Same as Yzerman, Columbus, Ducks, Caps and Flames.

It started with Markov. Then a young D, Gomez/Camarro/Gio deleted
      the bed…. Could anyone on these boards pre-season say that Cammarro would be that terrible? Or Pleks? Or Gio?

I made a comment at the beginning of the year that our offence was no good and that Pleks would lead the team with 54 pts. People jumped all over me. Where are those brilliant arm-chair GM’s now?

Tre

• Mr. Biter says:

Tax reasons and Insane Media? Here? Must be a mistake. Quebec is the province of tollerence. Also you have a great future if you want to go into coaching and only speak English.
        Some great points.

Mr. Biter

• The Dude says:

Look-it Chiili,the truth is the players want to go to a team that’s going to win the cup,get a great long term contract and play Hockey.Montreal needs the very best players and the same goes for the Yankee’s! Bad G.M.’S GET THE WRONG PLAYERS and we have had bad G.M.’S “gomez!!!!!!!”

• ABHabsfan says:

I’m not sure I put a lot of stock in this report. Fla being #1, but 3 of their prospects are already in the NHL. Isn’t a prospect supposed to be in the minors or jr. ? Also they show David Runblad as one of the Sens best prospects but he was traded to ‘Yotes about a month ago. Also Gallagher is not even in the Habs top 5 prospects yet he is rated 5th in the entire WHL player rankings.
      Suspect at best IMO

• ABHabsfan says:

Just noticed the date on this blog, 3 months old. Why bother?

• habs001 says:

there are 30 teams that would say their prospects are as good as any of the the other teams…

43. Bripro says:

It’s almost amusing how focused we can be.
    Mike Boone does a write up and posts some audio on the New Great One, and the only one to comment is @GernBlanston.
    Kudos to you for that.

I also think it’s unfortunate, better yet …tragic, what has happened to Crosby and the entire concussion fiasco. He’s a marvel to watch, just not against my Habs.

Here’s to a prompt recovery (he takes advantage of opportunity to raise the glass of Guiness off the desk)!

44. CF says:

Oh, and by the way. Sign AK now.
    It’s not rocket science.
    Gomez is in Hamilton next year as the captain.
    Kaberle stays it seems.
    We have enough to sign the RFA’s and AK with the money saved from Cammy, and the Ace in the hole (Gomez’s money in the AHL, or amnesty clause kicks in,……whatever the case-he’s not on the team next year) Not unless the entire organization is run by Four year olds.

45. CF says:

Anthony Stewart on waivers today.

PG, pick him up!!! If the plan is to trade Moen for a pick, you can get Stewart for cheaper and re-sign him to take Moen’s spot.

Next years fourth line would be set, White Stewart Blunden.

Done and Done. Do it!!!
    6’3″, 230 lbs, and can fight. Last year scored 14 goals and added 25 assists. 27 years old, and from Quebec!! For God sakes man, pick him up. This is the type of guy we can use.
    I wanted to get him last year. PG didn’t do it, White gets hurt in pre-season and were stuck with no fourth line prescence all year. Now with the promotion of Blunden, and White healthy, our fourth line, which has been the worst in the league could actually have some bite. I’d put White Stewart and Blunden up against Boston’s fourth line any day of the week.

DOOOOOOOO It!!!

I was intrigued by him this past off season, and thought he would be a good 4th liner for us. But why is he bouncing around so much. His contract is not ridiculous 900K one more year remaining. Is there more to the story?

• Bripro says:

I’m with you on your earlier comment on AK.
        He’s streaky, but when he gets going, what a sight!
        I love that kid’s talent.
        And he was doing real well with Eller until Moen went down.
        That line ran out of gas.

• HabFab says:

You have got to love the intelligence of getting rid of him;
          - second rounder has 1 in 4 chance of ever playing in the NHL
          - less chance of averaging 20 goals per season
          - almost no chance of playing full time for the next 5 years

But no, trade the bum for a 2nd rounder!
          Idiots I say!

I am not sure if any of our wingers has been tossed around from line to line more over the past few years. We have so much invested in him, I don’t want him to be one of those guys that goes somewhere else plays more minutes, more top line and gets 30 goals and that is all we hear about.

Considering how much he has bounced around, still produces more goals than many others year after year, we need to keep him. Assuming of course a reasonable contract can be agreed upon.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

“Andrei Kostitsyn will be traded this month”
            - Sean Bonjovi

• Bripro says:

François Gagnon is in complete agreement with your post.
      What is he worth?

Also, I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but Lindy Ruff broke 3 ribs today as a result of the fall, and is expected at tomorrow’s practice.

• HabFab says:

Why? Already dropped by Florida, Atlanta plus now Carolina and you want him for the Habs?

• CF says:

Yes, that’s right. Doesn’t matter that he’s been dropped. I’ve watched him this year and he’s a Blunden type of player. Carolina are simply starting over again. Maybe he doesn’t fit in the room there, who knows. But he’s worth the risk. He’s signed for another year.
        I believe his upside far outweighs his downside.
        Is PG listening??

• CanadienBoy says:

I don’t think PG listening

• 24moreCups says:

Wanted this guy last year, would love to have him on our team, won’t happen though.

46. Bripro says:

Dave Stubbs from the Gazette tweeted that AK is the most popular guy in the room…a real riot, and the players love him.
    Like Dave points out, it shows how little the average fan really knows what’s going on within the team chemistry.

47. Dr.Rex says:

By Feb 27th all that will happen is :
    Gill for 3rd
    Moen for 2nd
    Campoli for conditional pick

This selling mode thing is really hurting my sex drive.

48. Dr.Rex says:

Clearly the best option with regards to GOmez is to wait for the summer with the CBA negotiations and hope for an amnesty clause to be included. YOu would have to think that this is what management is waiting for to help with cap relief and a clean break. IF management is indeed thinking this way then maybe they are smarter then most people here think. Just a thought.

I agree and have made similar posts, however, there is one potential fly in the ointment. That would be an approx. 12Million dollar paycheque which Geoff Molson has to cut. Just sayin’

• G-Man says:

Scott Gomez buyout from capgeek:

Cap hits:

2012-13: $3,523,810
      2013-14: $4,523,810
      2014-15: $1,666,667
      2015-16: $1,666,667 The cost would be $6,668K or more than next season’s salary.

Why everyone thinks G. Molson will piss away that much money is beyond me.

G, what the good Doctor is suggesting is that like the last time the CBA was rejigged, they allowed for a special buyout period which free and cleared the team of the contract ie. no caphit.

The part about Molson pissing away money (not that I haven’t pissed away my fair share of purchased molson product) is indeed another matter.

• G-Man says:

I know, but the owner still has to pay out $6.66mil for nothing while all the fans here think it’s pocket change. Thus far, Molson looks a lot like a guy who is willing to pay for BG’s blunder. It could be worse. The Flyers have Pronger’s contract. The Caps have Ovechkin’s idiotic contract. The Gomez contract is done in 2 years, even if no hockey is played next season. It’s been crap, but somehow they’ll muddle through it. They better be wearing waders, though.

I hear you G, while Geoff is a wealthy man, that ain’t pocket change. I would love to think he could drop that coin and not skip a beat but am not so sure.

• ABHabsfan says:

Especially with no play-off winfall this year.

• coutNY says:

you could also save over a million and hide him in the minors… Cap hit $0 pay out 10 million…. ? also gone in 2 years as oppose to 4…. just sayin

• AndyF says:

You have to look at it like you’re buying cap-space. You get about $3M next year, $2M the next, then $4.3M and $4.3M. You’re buying about $14M in cap space for about another $7M.

• jon514 says:

I’m pretty sure there is a business case that can prove buying out Gomez could actually make Molson money :D!

If you look at it you’ll realize that one 6-7 game playoff series will net the Molson about the same amount as the entire cost of Gomer’s buyout.

I’ve read that a playoff game at home generally comes in at about 2 million (not sure if it’s revenue or profit, and if 50% goes to the players)
        As well, for the first time in years, there are empty seats at the bell center… That means people who are not buying $5 steames and $10 beers.

There are just as many costs to not making the playoffs as there are to making them for this franchise.

“Let’s be clear on the facts…”

• HabsFan82 says:

If gomez buyout is that much. make him a permanent 4th liner til training camp 2014 than get rid of him. in the mean time. try and find a couple of wingers to play on his line that can put up points.
        Pleks and DD I think can handle the 1st and 2nd line. Eller may be able to handle the 3rd line center spot with a couple of good wingers. so really all we need is 3-good wingers. improve the defence and I think we’re set to go. not that hard PG. either 27th Feb or all summer to do it.
        wingers to Keep: Cole, Max-Pac, Bourque, Kostitsyn, Gionta
        the rest let go for what ever makes sense.
        The team we have right now is not as bad as some may think. just a little fine tuning needed.

Okay any talk of Nash or Carter to Montreal can now be put to bed since Eklund has reported that as a rumour.

50. HabsFanMTL says:

i’d just like to know where everyone’s getting thier rumors from? u could speculate all ya want but theres no telling in which direction PG will go with any of his players.

51. manu07 says:

I prefer Getzlaf over both carter and Nash. I Moen goes to San Jose do you think we get a draft pick in return?

52. manu07 says:

Also reports that Nash will entertain trade offers as he is unhappy in Columbus.

53. manu07 says:

Just read Moen is likely to be going to San Jose.

54. RiverviewCanadien says:

All this talk of Plekanec to Columbus and getting Carter or Nash…

Do you really think Tomas will waive his no trade clause to play for Columbus?

55. Habsbill24 says:

If you want to completely turn off the 400 hockey fans in Phoenix (withMexican heritage or not) send them a 7M player who han’t scored a goal in now over a year, sure bet to completely kill a franchise already deep into life support.

56. habs17 says:

my sources are telling me travis moen to the SJ Sharks looks like its going to happen whose coming back the other way ?

I support Scott Gomez

57. Bozo McBozo says:

Are they losing yet?

58. HabsFan82 says:

If Crosby is injury prone he’ll get a 5 year contract with the Habs. thats the kind of players they like or players that don’t produce. give PG a call and you got yourself a deal.

59. Da Hema says:

I’d write something, but I have nothing worthy of writing.

60. Habitant in Surrey says:

…if I was Crosby; the ideal for Sid was for He to find an island with white powder sand and scores of bare-breasted maidens in the South Pacific …no internet or newspapers …f&*$ His brains-out and sip coconut juice for one full year until He fully heals …and, once bored of F*&%(($#, and endless days and nights of sybaritic indolence, then return
    …but NO !!!, Sid ain’t Me I guess :)

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

61. If I were GM, here’s what I’d try to wrangle by the deadline:

To PHO: Gomez + Weber
    To MTL: Klesla + low pick
    The reasoning: Phoenix is desperate to sell tickets, and if there’s one team in the league where a hometown hero of Mexican origin can help generate interest in the team, it’s Phoenix, where 41% of residents are Hispanic and may not relate to a bunch of pasty prairie boys who grew up with ice and snow. They’re still in the playoff hunt too, and they desperately need the revenue and fan base that come from playoff games. Plus, paying a player $5.5M for a $7.4M cap hit will help them reach the cap floor next year. MTL overpays here a bit for a solid defensive defenceman, but this is necessary to free up the cap space for FA signings and other deals over the summer, and Klesla is signed through next year.

To FLO: Budaj + Moen + Gill
    To MTL: 1st-rounder + good prospect (Drew Shore?)
    The reasoning: Theodore and Markstrom both have knee problems., but Budaj can likely back up Markstrom next year with Theodore dealt for a pick over the summer. Sturm, Skille and Upshall are all banged up at forward, as are Kulikov and Jovanovski at D. This team needs reinforcements, and needs a deep playoff run to firm up their fan base and pay the big new salaries they brought in over the summer. We need the picks/prospects to rebuild our farm, and we can easily find someone to fill the Auld/Budaj role as a UFA over the summer. Til then, call up a warm body from the farm to back Price up — it’s not like the Habs play their backup anyway…

To CLB: Plekanec + one of Beaulieu or Tinordi + Engqvist + Nokelainen
    To MTL: Rick Nash
    The reasoning: From the Jackets’ perspective, BRassard and Vermetter are not getting it done as top-line centres, and they desperately need a big young stud D-man. Engqvist and Nokelanien are decent defensive forwards who’ve had their chances in MTl, and aren’t working out as long-term pieces here. I hate to let Pleks and a top D prospect go, but hey, this is Rick Nash.

Moving into the summer UFA market, if Markov isn’t 100% we take his LTIR cap hit and go after Suter, even if he costs Gomez money. Asham is cheap, tough and solid defensively. And Arnott or Langenbrunner would give us what winning teams have: hard-nosed vets who know the game inside out and can still contribute — Arnott would be my preference, as he’s 6’5″ 220lbs, but either woudl be good and relatively inexpensive.

So that leaves us with…

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
    Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Lars Eller ($1.500m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
    Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
    Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.500m) / Jason Arnott ($2.500m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
    Ryan White ($0.650m) / Louis Leblanc ($1.170m) / Arron Asham ($1.100m)
    Mike Blunden ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
    Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Alexei Emelin ($1.500m)
    Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m)
    P.K. Subban ($1.750m) / Rostislav Klesla ($2.975m)
    Raphael Diaz ($1.250m)

GOALTENDERS
    Carey Price ($5.750m) / Ty Conklin ($1.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
    SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,653,333; BONUSES: $300,000
    CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $646,667

• Mr_MacDougall says:

And with The top two (Eller and DD) who have proven nothing, where do you figure the Habs would finish?

• Les Canayens says:

He’ll have to refresh his Spanish for Hispanic reporters. Wait, do they have any there? LOL

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
      ❝ I can’t really hear what Jeremy says, because I’ve got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ears.❞

• Good argument for Gomez to Phoenix. I still have trouble believing anyone would take him on tho.

• durocher says:

I like the idea of shipping Gomez to Phoenix so that we can get his contract off the books and they can cater to local demographics. Having lived in Phoenix, however, it seems to me that the Coyotes will need to do a lot more to attract fans to the team. In the city, there is a general sense of disinterest in and apathy towards hockey and the Coyotes in particular. If Gomez were a budding star or someone who received already a lot of media national attention (not for his 1-year anniversary), I could see this suggestion having more merit.

• Stev.R says:

I forget everyday that Nokelainen is on the team. I don’t think Eller would be the #1 center next season, especially not ahead of DD (I know you were just trying to keep that line intact. If we are able to draft a guy like Grigorenko, that may solve that problem.

I don’t think we’de be able to get Suter but who knows. I still have faith in Markov to return healthy and effective. A depth shutdown veteran dman is needed. I had a guy like Sarich in mind, but Klesla works.

I think all we need is four players and no injuries to be competitive again. Star center, top six winger, shutdown center, and depth dman.

Top six winger (Nash) – Star center (Grigorenko) – Gionta
      Pacioretty – DD/Pleks – Cole
      Kostitsyn – Eller – Bourque
      Moen – Shutdown Center – White
      Blunden

Markov – Subban
      Kaberle – Weber
      Gorges – Emelin
      Diaz

• jon514 says:

Sir you are living in a dream world. Price already rejected a 7 year 7 million per contract. How do you expect he will play for 5.75 AND P.K. at 1.75 is so laughable it hurts. Regardless of what you may have heard on RDS or CBC, he is in the habs top 2 for a reason. Sure his offensive production has dipped, but given the same level of exposure for another year or two, Subban will prove why he’s worth at least as much as Josh Gorges. Even PG is not stupid enough to sign a free agent for more money then his franchise goalie and his top defenseman and expect them to stay motivated. Pull up your socks sir!

“Let’s be clear on the facts…”

• tyshow84 says:

Nash is too slow and not very good defensivly, although I like him, when he has ppl to play with. also not sure if that package is quite enough to get him… I could see the habs swinging a deal for carter… but I hope they stay away from that 10 year contract… unless gomez goes back the other way… and we dont give up much.

• SmartDog says:

Dude, I like these first two deals. But you can’t trade Pleks. So go ahead and pull the trigger on those other ones.

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• G-Man says:

The last I heard, Mexicans love hockey…..NOT!

• Bripro says:

We won’t need Asham since Palushaj will be here. Besides, he played for the Habs before and never impressed me.
      And if you can’t work trading Kaberle into your dealings, I’m calling the whole thing off.

62. topher5468 says:

Regarding poll question, I’ll never be embarrassed being a canadiens fan, however, I am embarrassed by some of the moved made by management. Kaberle, Gomez, Markov, McDonagh, and the whole Cammalerri incident. I’ve been a Canadiens fan since 1978, I never ever watch a game and hope they lose, seems unnatural. I know it will get better, but if not. I’ll always be a proud Montreal Canadiens fan,

• Stev.R says:

The Gomez deal is the same as the Mcdonagh deal. I hasn’t worked out but getting Gomez was at the time the only option we had to get a number 1 center. Hindsight is 20/20

The Kaberle deal is such a non-issue. It’s mole hill that fans have turned into a mountain.

Markov is hurt. It happens. Doctors were wrong. No reason to be embarrassed about that.

The Cammy “incident” is another thing that got blown out of proportion. They were going to sit him but by the time they knew the deal was going to get down, the roster was already handed in. The pulled him so he wouldn’t get hurt. No biggie.

The only time I’m embarrassed is when other fans overreact and don’t think rationally about the team and the game. Making a team is not an exact science, you can only have the good players that are available, you have to contend with other teams that want good players, you have to manage the money, you have to deal with life (injuries, underperforming), and you can’t predict the future.

• jmsheehy19 says:

If I could telepathically send you a high five for this post, I would.

EDIT: Actually I got time, I’m gonna give it a try (thinking really hard)… There did I hit you?

63. I hope Crosby comes back soon. The league is much better with him in it.

64. sherburnehabfan says:

I think the Habs now find themselves in a good spot. They have about a 5-10% chance of post season so they should spend the next 2 months playing the young guys. Give them 2 months of NHL playing time and find those who want to be with the Habs next year.

If in the middle of March they are in striking distance of 8th place, then go for it.

As far as the trade deadline the Habs are sellers, but it’s not a fire sale, the Habs have the upper hand here.

Have the new management team in before the draft.

__________
    Hockey is a game played with a clock, the more time you play in the offensive side of center ice the less pressure you put on the defense. Control the clock, win the game.

65. THAT POLL JUSTS SHOWS HOW MANY “LEAF FANS-INCOGNITO” ARE ON THIS SITE.
    NO HAB FAN WOULD BE EMBARRASED OVER 24 CUPS AS A HISTORY……..SUFFER LEAF-FANS, SUFFER.

• Dr.Rex says:

WHy do Torontonians drink beer by the bottle?
      Cause all the cups are in Montreal.

I know its an old one but its still good to hear occasionally as a reminder.

• bleedhabs81 says:

This one was funny a few years ago during the tainted meat scandal.

A woman calls her health clinic and is quite upset. She explains her son had attended the stanely cup parade and was able to kiss the cup. Is there any chance that he may have contacted listeriosis?

The Health Clinic reassures the lady: There is no reason to worry ma’am. No Maple Leaf product has come in contact with the cup since 1967.

66. Dr.Rex says:

ITs been made quite clear teh GOmez has the highest annual salary on the team. Does he have teh highest annual salary that any player has ever had playing for teh habs? That would be quite delusional if that is true.

67. Dr.Rex says:

Being habs fan right now is hard but there are worse things.

Like running into a wall with having an erection and breaking your nose.

68. Ferguson says:

I voted NO. There is a lot to be excited about being a Habs fan. Always is, it’s just a bit of a rough time right now.

69. avatar_58 says:

Embarassed to be a habs fan because of one lousy season? Christ, try being a leaf fan.

70. habs17 says:

dont ever again takr the playoffs for granted

I support Scott Gomez

71. The Cat says:

Im not embarassed to be a habs fan…The Christmas where 2 different people each bought me a nose hair trimmer -now that was embarassing.

72. I vote No.

Every single team in the NHL goes through what we are now. Some teams longer than others, and we’re no different.

We’ve been really lucky to watch good teams do Great things.
    Fans in Montreal have easy, at least you get to suffer there amongst thousands of other Canadiens fans. Try living outside of Montreal where there hundreds of different fans all trying to slag you every day.

I hate this town. :lol:

Shane Oliver
    http://www.Sholi2000.com Inc.
    Custom Sports Figures
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

73. kerrgte says:

i’ve been a habs fan since before the flood.

this is a messy situation. we have seen it before – way back in the dark ages of Irving Grundman and Rejean Houle. But there is no excuse for hiring that degree of incompetence these days, there are simply too many good GM’s hanging around.

I check in now and again to see if there’s been a trade. I expect Pierre will try to be first to make a splashy trade – that’s the way it is with worthless dilettantes.

So disappointing to see such goofy goings-on. Need I enumerate? Sure, why not a few of the real stinkers surrounding these names: Hamrlik, Markov, Gill, Moore, Halpern, the coaching excuse ( by the way Pierre, why didn’t u have the guts to step behind the bench like Bob G did? ), Kaberle, etc, ad nauseum. It’s pointless at this stage of this disaster year. So many management mistakes, I can’t count that high.

Pierre, you gotta go.

74. jon514 says:

I guess they did. But that’s only because I know that’s how much he’s worth. Regardless of what cautiousoptimist might think, signing Suter for 7 million and offering PK 1.75 would basically be giving up on PK. In fact if you are gonna offer PK 1.75 you might as well trade him for whatever you can get. While you’re at it buyout Tyler Myers and ship Victor Hedman, Adam Larsson and John Carlson to the minors as overrated because they’re all having worse seasons than PK.

“Let’s be clear on the facts…”