Coyotes take Game 1 over Nashville in OT

Andrei Kostitsyn

With Darth Vader in the front row, on shore leave from the Death Star, former Canadiens forward Andrei Kostitsyn eludes Phoenix pursuer Michal Rozsival during Game 1 Friday night.
Christian Petersen, Getty Images Sport

They went back and forth all night, but finally the Phoenix Coyotes downed the Nashville Predators 4-3 in Game 1 of their Western Conference semifinal Friday, Ray Whitney scoring at 14:04 of extra time to decide the issue.

On Saturday: Washington is in New York for a 3 pm ET matinée to open their Eastern semi, while at 7:30 the Los Angeles Kings are in St. Louis for the opener of their Western semi vs. the Blues.

1. H.Upmann says:

Hope we draft someone with a huge work ethic that can deal with the “social” aspects of playing in mtl…. Personally hope that’s Galchenyuk.

2. commandant says:

Gotta give a ton of credit to Lombardi. People criticized the Jeff Carter move, but there was no better trade deadline (close to it) deal. He changed that team.

Visit Your NHL Draft Headquarters

3. hansolo says:

St.Louis has 1 shot so far in 3rd period.

EDIT: now up to 3 shots, 4 min to go.

4. otter649 says:

So is Matt D’Dagostini injured like Hakak or a healthy scratch….

5. Muckbringer says:

hes coming home. i remember watching this and choking up. hes coming home to lead us back to glory.

he is #2, im #331, 372, 476. what # are you?

6. rhino514 says:

It didn´t hit me that Bourque, according to Reusch´s blog is a right winger. That means only one of him or Leblanc can make the third line. Because of Bourque´s price tag, he will probably get the benefit of the doubt. He´ll probably have at least half a season to prove himself. But if LL does indeed put on a few pounds, I see it as tragic having him in the AHL for another year, or worse yet reduced to part-time/checking duty on the habs (see Plushaj)

I´ve never “smelled” a trade before, but I really do smell one here. I think one of these guys will be packaged in a deal with one of our many fourth liners or one of the swiss misters. I have this bad feeling that LL will be the victim rather than René Bore.

7. habaholic68NJ says:

I thought I did not care about the west but I find myself routing for LA and Nashvile.

*Listen to my instrumental tribute entitled “Habs at War” at http://web.me.com/ptolias/Music/OtherOriginalMusic.html

8. commandant says:

Ouch almost a second shorty by the Kings.

Visit Your NHL Draft Headquarters

9. habstrinifan says:

I see the Price-Halak prolonged conflict threatens to eclipse that little problem in the Middle East as far as difficulty and duration.

Luckily I refrained from that imbroglio from day one.. knowing that Peter Budaj is one scintillating season away from Dryden like greatness.

St. Patrick shall become our coach and shalt make Peter the humble, St. Peter, the gate-keeper…. thus making the Price-Halak argument moot.

10. HabFab says:

Chicoutimi not going out without a fight against Saint John. They came back to tie in the third and are taking it to the Seadogs in the O/T. Beaulieu has an assist.

EDIT; but it only takes one mistake. Seadogs win.

11. I am secretly hoping the Devils get to the finals. Aside from it being a fitting end to the career of Marty Broudeur, tickets will be cheaper than spit. My brother and I bought semi and final strips in ’95. We paid face, about $35, to be twenty rows from the ice. I loved it when they swept the Wings. Yea, that team was better than the ’76-’77 Habs. Want to buy a bridge?

12. EasternOntarioHabsFan says:

Help me out here you guys
    I used to be firmly on the side of Team Grigorenko in regards to the draft, he seemed to have all that we needed (A first line Center, skilled, big, ect. ect.) but I have been DEEPLY concerned with his softness/lack of grit of any kind/lazyness/no heart factor.
    The only other feasable option then is Galchenyuk, but that raises the whole issue of his knee, and redyness for next season, as well as wether or not he score all those points in his rookie OHL year because of Yakupov.

They both are tantalizing, yet both are REALLY full of holes.
    Who is best?

13. Given what happened last season< I do not think the Habs will make a move for fatty Dustin Penner!

14. I think that if the Rags make it to the Cup-deciding game at MSG this year I won’t turn down a ticket as I did to Game 7 in ’94.

15. habstrinifan says:

I dont know who our new GM will be. But I hope he is reading HIO right now!

There seems to be a groundswell developing for the acquisition of Sheldon Brookbank.. a player I posted month or so ago is a perfect candidate to fill one of the steady-stay-at-hom big, fairly experienced and young BIG BODY d-man we need.
    And he is UFA nad is making only 750.00. I would throw up 1.5 (reluctantly) more at him if I had to.

Listen up Mr. new GM. The geniuses here at HIO (moi included) were ignored by your predecessor last year… and see what happened.
    So pay attention!

Brookbank! Brookbank! Brookbank!

16. Chuck says:

Halak would have stopped that.

___________________________________________________

17. Clay says:

sweet! Go Blues.

__________________________
    ☞ “Wow, that’s a nice lookin’ pair of Crocs!” Said no one ever.☜

18. habstrinifan says:

No comments re the NYR-WSH game? I watched most of it while riding stationary bike. Dont know which was greater exercise in will-power… sticking thru the workout or not changing the TV channel.

Thought was a boring game.

Big question..

Is it good playoff coaching tactics to play not to make mistakes and thus without daring… delimiting the ice time of your top ‘scorers’ .

I am asking in an earnest manner for when OVIE and the other WSH stars were turned loose there were indeed lots of breakdowns that could have been capitalized on if was throughot the game.

Also what can a coach expect (seriously) when he has played as above and within last 8 minutes with score 4-2 against re-assembles his ‘scoring’ threats.

• Lizardking89 says:

It was boring I literally fell asleep in the 3rd period. Ovie just isn’t the player he used to be. I don’t know if he’s lost confidence in himself or Boudreau messed up his game but he’s a shadow of his former self.

• habstrinifan says:

Or Hunter has him really feeling like an outcast. Honestly? Maybe OVIE is too big a problem I dont know. But when last have you seen a coach absolutely marginalized his biggest star without even trying to ‘fit’ him in.

• Clay says:

It was a 3am start here…the only way I’m giving up that much sleep is for a Habs game. ;)
      I did see the last Rangers/Sens game though, and thought it was the best I’d seen of the whole playoffs so far.

__________________________
      ☞ “Wow, that’s a nice lookin’ pair of Crocs!” Said no one ever.☜

• habstrinifan says:

What about a HABS GM announcement. Just giving you fair warning. Usually the pressers are around 3pm here which is 3am there apparently.

• Clay says:

I’ll wait until later…besides, nowhere to see it live here in China. I don’t think anyone wants to stream that. :)

__________________________
          ☞ “Wow, that’s a nice lookin’ pair of Crocs!” Said no one ever.☜

19. Adidess says:

I am not sure who gets to decide when Habs fans should get over the Gomez trade, you know. As long as Gomez is on the team’s roster, killing cap space and delivering zero, this is a legitime issue to bring up, especially in the context of McDonagh being interviewed on TV at the end of a playoff game that Habs fans had enough stomach to watch without their team involved. I would think even Bob Gainey wouldn’t go so far as to tell fans it’s time to turn the page, with another two years to go on that deal.

To each their own – I have made it a point not to get involved in completely stale and pointless Halak-Price discussion, but many people seem to find enjoyment in rehashing this every day. Guess what, if anybody is still discussing Halak, whose departure has had much less impact on this team (one way or the other) as of right now, that person is probably not qualified to decide that other topic (eg Gomez) has been exhausted on this site.

——————————————–
    A big Centreman, please. Thank you!

20. Sean Bonjovi says:

What’s a sagueneen? Those little buggers won’t stay down ;| (<– that's a look of concern)

"I'm not opposed to trading Plekanec and/or Markov"
    - Sean Bonjovi

I really like Daryl Sutter as a coach. I get the impression that every player in that dressing room, knows exactly what is expected of them.

22. HabFab says:

CJAD interview with Alex Galchenyuk from this afternoon.

23. commandant says:

So the Habs have apparently interviewed Bergevin again now that the Hawks are out. I think he’d be a great choice.

Visit Your NHL Draft Headquarters

24. ABHabsfan says:

As Hab fans we have very little in the way of vested interest in hockey these days, the Nashville ex-habs are our favourites now, I guess. Love watching some great goaltending myself, Quick is unreal same for Mike Smith.
    So I looked up the Team Canada roster to see who was playing with P.K., I just heard Keith was going, great player. So, how in the world does Schenn and Phaneuf get picked for this team?! Those 2 stunk it out all year and then get tapped for Canada? How about Gorges? Tyler Myers? Giordano? Gudbranson? Garrison? Burns? Boyle? Jared Cowen?
    I like the look of the forwards and Cam Ward is a stud, but that d-corps is not good. Not a fan of Bouwmeester either. Honestly I would put Campoli (especially on big ice) before friggin’ Schenn.
    I hope P.K. lights it up. PP time with some of those forwards could be great to watch. I just hope Ward is ready to see a lot of rubber after turnovers
    “man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
    Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

• Sean Bonjovi says:

“I just hope Ward is ready to see a lot of rubber after turnovers”
      Cam Ward should know all about that by now. I share your concerns about the D. Bouwmeester isn’t worth what the Flames are paying him, but at least he can skate, which is more than can be said for Luke Schenn. The defenceman they should be begging to play, IMO is Brian Campbell.

“I’m not opposed to trading Plekanec and/or Markov”
      - Sean Bonjovi

• Lizardking89 says:

I’m not rooting for Nashville. I like Gill but don’t give a rat’s ass about the Kositsyn’s to be honest. You’re so right about Schenn and Phaneuf both are so overrated.

• ABHabsfan says:

Agree on Campbell, he was really good against NJ. I don’t know why Giordano is not included, must be injured. Schenn and Phaneuf will be embarrassed on the large ice, they just have the skating ability.

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
        Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

25. L Elle says:

My name is Stupid, and I’m a Priceaholic.

26. Adidess says:

Do the TV guys really have to interview McDonagh every game, show him up close with his mean streak, and his big physique? It’s hard enough watching him on the ice push opponents off the puck and clean up in front of Lundqvist. It’s really annoying.

• JF says:

Agree. And just about every time the RDS guys mention him, they refer to him as “l’ancien premier choix du Canadien.” Talk about rubbing it in.

• Lafleurguy says:

He may have finally registered a point in this year’s playoffs, while unheralded teammate defenceman, and ex-Leaf Anton Stralman had 2 goals and 2 assists against the Bruins.

“May you live in interesting times.”

Virtually every team in the league has a player they drafted that they traded away they regret. Sucks we don’t have him, but believe it or not other teams have regrets as well.

• Habsolutely says:

Problem is it’s not just regret we’re stuck with. We’re stuck with a $7,357,143 cap hit that we have the headache of getting rid of.

• Adidess says:

Exactly. It’s not Gomez’ fault, but when I watch McDonagh, I immediately think about the unfortunate jersey swap that happened between the two of them. And obviously, the albatross of a contract we’re stuck with.

——————————————–
          A big Centreman, please. Thank you!

• Habsolutely says:

So true. If all we had to deal with was the regret, that would be fine. Problem is we still have a 7.4 million useless plug on the roster that we have to worry about.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

… and for every “Ryan McDonough” there’s a “that-guy-we-traded-for-Kovalev”. I’d trade the rights to Danny Kristo right now for Jason Spezza, but there’s a chance that trade could look really bad in 2 or three years too. It ain’t science.

“I’m not opposed to trading Plekanec and/or Markov”
        - Sean Bonjovi

• Lafleurguy says:

I’m going to bug you HiB, but where would Philly be without Giroux. Whether fair or foul, by luck or by design, having star performers makes the team championship material. I’m a stuck phonograph needle when I keep repeating Man, were the Kings lucky and/or good in getting both Anze Kopitar and Jonathan Quick in the supposedly weak 2005 draft.
        Peace!

“May you live in interesting times.”

I don’t understand the correlation. What does trading McDonagh for Gomez have to do with Giroux? Yah I would love Giroux as well, but don’t see the assimilation. As for Kopitar, yah nice player, but I also like Price equally, sorry check that, I rather Price than Kopitar.

Sorry, not being a smart ass, but don’t understand the Giroux thing as it relates to McDonagh being traded away.

We need stars, and we have a 3rd overall pick this year, this should be our star. Plus, i think MaxPac is going to be a star along with PK and Price.

3-4 stars to me is pretty good, we just have to be patient.

• Lafleurguy says:

Respectfully, I just am thinking of the drafting process, good results and bad, and I remember past comments saying to not bother bringing up Fisher, which is equivalent to telling folks to not bring up the Gomez trade. Didn’t mean to offend.

“May you live in interesting times.”

Andrew, zero offence taken. My original point was simple, virtually every team in the league has traded a prospect for immediate help and regretted it. I don’t doubt our consequences are higher as a result of Gomez’s failures. Having said that, I just don’t understand how Giroux fits or comes into that conversation.

Also, I know our Habs made many bad decisions, and I guess I just don’t see the merit in some posters (not you) continually repeating them, and then by chance repeating them again, only to be followed by the same repetiition.

• Mark C says:

I think the Kings were both luck and good when they drafted Thomas Hickey ahead of Alzner, Voracek, Couture, McDonagh, Max Pac, Perron in 2007. Man, those Kings can draft!

27. NoTinFoilCups says:

Just a comment on the GM hiring process. Whoever is eventually hired will be handicapped with the Gomez contract. Let’s hope that the candidates are insisting that this be dealt with as a condition of taking the job!

• Sean Bonjovi says:

I’m kind of hoping the only question that Molson and Savard ask in these inteviews is “How would you get rid of Scott Gomez”, and that the job goes to the guy with the best answer. Maybe another question should be “List the current NHL contracts that you would NEVER attempt to acquire by trade” just to make sure nothing like Gomez ever happens again.

“I’m not opposed to trading Plekanec and/or Markov”
      - Sean Bonjovi

28. The Cat says:

Reading some of these posts down below about Holtby…The other day on here many said that Price was worth much more than Hart trophy nominee and Conn Smythe winner Malkin. Not deifying and not adoring doesnt equal bashing…You know when you add it all up; one cant come up with another conclusion than that Price worshippers are very stupid people.

• L Elle says:

LMAO, them’s fightin’ words Cat.

Hate is stupid. Love is divine.

I think, you may just fit in the hate category.

Huh? I have not commented about Holtby, but I really like Price. Of course it has been a while since I had a golden calf made in his image, plus I keep asking for Aaron to come over to help me with the worshiping of this golden calf you mention. But how is it that when I like Price as an above average goalie this makes me stupid. This coming from a guy whose signature doesn’t give a flying fadoo about the Habs. After all, I care a great deal about the Habs and you say you only care.

Don’t understand at all why so many Hab fans here love to chew up and spit out their own. Do you actually think Halak is coming back to Montreal? If so, perhaps the stupid one is different from whom you think.

• punkster says:

As st00pid than Halak worshippers, Cat? Or just slightly more st00pid? Or a lot more st00pid?

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• Habsolutely says:

Aren’t you the cat who admitted here one day that you’re not a habs fan and you rooted for the Nordiques??

29. L Elle says:

I’m hoping Philly ends up in the Final. This is one entertaining team.

If a hermetically sealed defensive team wins, we’ll be seeing boring hockey for a long time.

So just to confirm, the Habs suck cause of our goalie, not because we played Kaberle, Campoli, Diaz, St. Denis, as our defence for much of the year.

Oh yah I forgot, we had that awesome scoring 2nd/3rd and 4line.

Weird, but it is my opinion that most GM’s in this league would love to have Price as their goalie, but thankfully we have highly intelligent fans here at HI/O who believe our crappy defence and crappy offence were not the problem. Let’s get rid of the goalie.

By the way, this is not a Halak related post, because he is no longer on the Habs roster. Whether you liked Halak better or not is irrelevant, since he is not a Hab.

Price had some bad nights, no doubt about it, but can we please be realstic and realize this was not a good squad this year? I think Price is above average in the league at the goalie position. Lets get the rest of the squad above average before we give up on a potential Grade A goalie.

• Lafleurguy says:

Good points homey (Burlington that is). Fair-weather fans add decibels to cheering but not much else. Price is widely respected by non-Hab fans, but what do they know?! Just to repeat, in early April, on Sportsnet Hockey Central, Pierre Lebrun opined he thought the Habs were better positioned to improve than the Leafs because Montreal had Price. Capologically speaking, Price provided the level of goaltending that he did for 2.75 million a year, and that” bargain price” is about to become a thing of the past.

• Mustang says:

Talking about trading Price is rediculous. He is the Habs goalie and will be for several years in the future. Price had his off nights and as I have said already, he has let in some goals very early in a few games but he is not the problem. We have too many players that don’t seem to have the drive to win. I can’t wait for the day when Kaberle and Gomez are gone plus a few others.

31. Habsolutely says:

Well that settles it, Holtby’s career is over, he didn’t win the game for his team, he’s garbage. move along, nothing to see here.

32. ogilthorpe says:

Did anyone hear that Staal might be available… We can only dream of a line…Cole…Paks ..Staal

33. punkster says:

Wait, I thought Holtby was saving this game for the Caps. It must be true because somebody said so on the internet an hour ago.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

34. Habsolutely says:

Uh-oh, the Rangers just scored, I guess by the Price haters logic that means Holtby sucks.

35. ZepFan2 says:

What the hell is wrong with Healy? Why is he so red?

———————————————————————-
    “Bring it on home, Bring it on home to you…” – Plant/Page

Bring it on Home

• Habsolutely says:

He was sitting next to Elliot Friedman and he is allergic to common sense.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

Elliotte Friedman’s thing isn’t common sense, it’s consensus opinion. Any similarity between common sense and the consensus opinion of Elliotte Friedman’s friends is pure coincidence.
        Glenn Healy is a clown 80% time, but that still makes him the least clownish character on HNIC. Even with Pierre McGuire and that play-by-play guy who gets pumped-up and screams about every dump-in from the neutral zone, I find the NBC broadcast less obnoxious/ more tolerable than HNIC.

“I’m not opposed to trading Plekanec and/or Markov”
        - Sean Bonjovi

• Ian Cobb says:

You would be red also, if your hose was out in public by forgetting your fly!!

• ZepFan2 says:

Yikes! I certainly would. Also depends how drunk I am and where I am :wink:

But Habsolutely is probably right. Common sense and Healy do not mix.

———————————————————————-
        “Bring it on home, Bring it on home to you…” – Plant/Page

Bring it on Home

• otter649 says:

Something Rick Vaive can relate (Ian’s comment) to but he also pissed his pants – No big deal he got off on driving impaired claiming he’s developed a bladder problem as he has gotten older and the judge believed him amoung other things……

36. JayK-47 says:

Saucer pass of the playoffs (year?) in the NYR-Wsh game.

37. frontenac1 says:

Habinistran re/Staubitz. Agreed 100%!

38. Favorite Son says:

It’s really pathetic how some people have an unconditional love for Carey Price even if he hasn’t proved a damn thing yet. People saying he’s already the best goalie in the league…gtfo! Yes, he has a ton of potential. Is he consistent? HELL NO! No way he compares to Rinne, Lundqvist, Miller. At least not yet. Let’s let him show us what he can do before we refer to him as God.

39. HabFanSince72 says:

Sorry folks but Carey Price crapped the bed against Boston last year worse than Bobby Lou ever did.

Up 2-0 and on our home ice, the B’s were lost. Price’s nonchalant play let them back in the series.

And I like Carey Price.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• commandant says:

0.934 save percentage in the series.

Yup, crapped the bed.

Visit Your NHL Draft Headquarters

• Mustang says:

The only thing that counts in the playoffs is winning 4 games in each series. If the team wins 16 games, neither I nor anyone else will give a damn about the save percentage of the winning goalie.

• commandant says:

Winning doesn’t all fall on one person. This is a team sport.

When you can’t score goals 5 vs 5 as the Habs couldn’t do enough of between games 3-7 in the series… that is why they lost. Not because of Price.

We got caught over-relying on special teams, but still only lost in 7 games with 3 losses in OT.

Visit Your NHL Draft Headquarters

• Mustang says:

I did not say that one person is responsible for winning, I said that if you win 16 games in the playoffs, no one cares what the save percentage was. This was in response to your comment that Price had a .934 SP.

• otter649 says:

What Holtby & Price have in common is that both have beaten Boston in the playoffs in game sevens……

• jedimyrmidon says:

Worse than Luongo? No way. Letting in 7 goals multiple times during the SC Finals probably crushes the team’s morale and doesn’t inspire any confidence whatsoever, which probably carries into the next games, i.e., game 3 onwards.

• RGM says:

Nothing says “I like” a guy like singling him out for a team failure.

———————–
      GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
      “Scott Gomez is an elite NHL player” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

• L Elle says:

Come on now “72. I’ve been reading your entertaining comments now, for 2 seasons.

You always preferred Halak. A Halakalite in nietzsche’s clothing. :)

Sorry HF72, but I used to think you were pretty balanced but you crapped the bed with that post. Bobby Lou, did you watch his games in the final last year or are discounting that to fit your theory.

By the way spare us the, I like Carey Price, and say you what you feel.

Own what you say, Don’t give me this sh%t where you slam someone then say you like them. Hate to think how you ever broke up with a girlfriend. Honey, you aren’t good enough for me, but I really like you, wink wink.
      Whatever……

• Un Canadien errant says:

We shouldn’t forget that we won those first two games against the Bruins while they were short Zdeno Chara, who was suffering from the flu. Once he was back in the lineup, their play improved greatly, and we could only manage one more win.

I don’t want to get into a big discussion of what team was missing who, injuries are part of the game, but when we dissect the series and think about what might have been, we need to remember that the first two games were against a weaker opponent than the next five.

———————————
      How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

40. EasternOntarioHabsFan says:

How About this:
    To Anahiem: Plekanec, a 2012 3rd round pick, a 2013 2nd round pick, Danny Kristo, and Yannick Weber

To Montreal: Bobby Ryan, Sheldon Brookbank

Any imput would be appreciated

• jon514 says:

I’d so much rather have Corey Perry. He plays the style of game that habs forwards are having success with… see Paches and Cole for details.

• habstrinifan says:

You cant have too much of the same type player. You may disagree but Cole and Plecs are GREAT players but their play is of an ‘individual bull your way to the net’ nature. I am not knocking them. I love them and the team needs them and they are huge in our plans.

I think Ryan will make other players better. Like MJ did.

I hope my point is coming across as a need for ‘contrast’.

So I will take Ryan instead of someone who plays the same game as Cole/Pacs if I had my druthers.

• habstrinifan says:

WOW! I would certainly make that deal. Did you check the Anaheim player’s career stats really. I have made many posts re getting in on the sweepstakes for Brookbank since he is UFA in 2012 and only makes 750.00.

But would be sweet to add Ryan. Habs probably would be set.

• JayK-47 says:

Hell YES.

Anaheim though, might prefer to delete Kristo (unless he is signed) and want to add Leblanc instead.

• doug19 says:

Why would Anahiem want three small players all at once when the trend is to bigger and tougher?

41. H.Upmann says:

Totally agree with habstrinifan here… Can’t understand why there are calls for JM to return. NO! NO!! NO!!! That system sucked the life out of the team. And really, who benches a kid (Leblanc) in the last period after he scores his first NHL goal? Or not use Cole on PP ? Glad he’s gone.

42. commandant says:

I’m always amazed that people advocate a full rebuild and then talk about trading one of Price or Subban.

Who are we gonna rebuild around? Guys who are proven #1 D and #1 Goalies under the age of 25 should be where we start.

Visit Your NHL Draft Headquarters

43. Lafleurguy says:

Unmasked

Two masked men were in the Habs’ crease
    The debate who’s better just won’t cease
    One was the golden pick of oh five,
    When no one knew if the other’s alive

Both Bulldogged to win Calder Cup
    The very next year, both called up
    Congrats on your “A” championship
    Now you are needed on the Mother Ship

Back and forth, the head coach went
    With whoever had the better per cent
    One was winning a lot of games
    Sadly the other was coming up lame

Two tens’ playoffs had arrived
    This glorious team had qualified!
    Eighth place made the team seem weak
    But in playoffs is when many teams peak

Stoning Ovechkin, and Semin too
    This David was letting nothing through
    One magical night is recalled with pleasure
    The David crafted a 53 save treasure

Then off to spar Penguins in the Keystone State
    Where surely defeat would be the team’s fate
    First Crosby, then Malkin, and then Staal,
    The mighty Halak would stop them all

Down the highway Les Glorieux rolled
    Cracking Liberty Bell’s team it’s intended goal
    In this rough burgh, the magic would cease
    Both masked men still sharing the crease

That summer the masked tandem became one
    “We need scoring, the deal is done”
    Fate has not been kind to this team since
    Others playing off make us all wince

We are starved fans, we treasure the past
    But we want a future where toasts are cast
    To Les Glorieux for championing the prize
    And hail to the efforts of those two masked guys.

44. Xsteve50 says:

After watching the Pheonix nordiques or the Quebec Coyotes, what ever you want to call them, last night I think Montreal should hire Gary Betman as their new GM. The NHL seems to be doing a better job of running a NHL franchise.

45. habsfan0 says:

Nashville completely outplayed Phoenix last night from the 3rd period on;however, the Coyotes got a…dare I say it…Halakian performance from their goalie Smith.

There are only 11 positions filled in Montreal in the fall for any new GM and coach.

Left wing—-Patch”s
    Center——-Plekanic, Desharness, (Eller)
    Right wing–Gionta, Cole
    Defence—–Markov, Subban, Gorges, Emelin
    Goal———-Price

• commandant says:

I’d add Gorges, Emelin, and Eller to that list.

Visit Your NHL Draft Headquarters

• habstrinifan says:

How are you doing Ian. Mind if I modify your starting premise based on what I deem to be the occupant having an inviolable hold on the position least to start the season.

What I categorize as ‘inviolable hold’? A player meeting one or more of criteria laid out below.

a)Last season performance/production
      OR
      b)bird in the hand better than bird in the trees sysndrome
      OR
      c)too young(promising/risky) to move for (consensus) substantially better returns(or fill a need but create a whole) syndrome.

Thus:

Desharnis/Price fall in A category…. for instance, whether you place Desharnis as a 1 or 2 centre or whether you say he improves his linemates or they him) his place is inviolable.

Staubitz falls in B category! While you may want to add a 2nd ‘enforcer’ Staubitz has proven that he should stay on the team as an enforcer.. why waste energy/effort trying to replace him.. supplement him but no need to replace him right now.

Subban Emelin fall n category C without much explanation need I think.

So using those terms.

My list of is:
      Left wing—-Patch’s, Staubitz
      Center——-Desharnis, Eller
      Right wing–Gionta, Cole
      Defence—–Markov, Subban, Gorges, Emelin
      Goal———-Price

Not much different from yours except I wont be surprised if a new GM targets Plekanec as a player who can be used to bring ‘big’ return in a package. And I dont see a new GM rsking trading Eller now. Of couse …only my opinion.

Thanks for the post… opens up discussion.

• AH says:

100% accurate call on Staubitz.

• rhino514 says:

Cannot afford in today´s day and age to have a hockey player who has no hockey skills. Staubitz; nice tough guy and all…but he is a liability when he is on the ice.
          If you want him around as a 13th forward, maybe that is doable. Maybe handy for games against the bruins or flyers.
          I would say that EVERY single forward who was on the team all year (+White) deserves a regular spot moreso than Staubitz.

• neumann103 says:

True:
            “Cannot afford in today´s day and age to have a hockey player who has no hockey skills. “

Not true:
            Staubitz; nice tough guy and all…but he is a liability when he is on the ice.

Staubitz is a really good skater. He played defense as a junior and understands that defensive side of the game. He hits. He is not going to score a lot of goals but he is actually a pretty good fit for the job of 4th line winger

“Et le but!”

• habstrinifan says:

Strongly disagree with you. Staubitz first of all has great skating speed. He is not without hockey smarts and a good wrist shot. Would need to gain confidence and moderate his pugilism instincts so as to stay on ice without losing his central role. Add to his obvious contribution to team cheamistry… more than most of your other 13 forwards… and I see a good coach making him a valuable asset.

Note from what I saw of Staubitz he is a better player than White. now and in the future.

• rhino514 says:

wasn´t aware he is a good skater. Didn´t see enough of him. But it doesn´t look like he has much hockey sense or can shoot. Nokkelainen can win faceoffs and score if he has a wide open chance. WHe´s also the only natural centre for the 4th line. White seems to bring more energy,he can step up. Moen is an all round player and just about as tough. Don´t see how he replaces those guys. I know most on here don´t like Darche, but if he´s given minutes due to injuries, the guy can get minimum ten goals, as he did two seasons ago. Even if you argue Staubitz is better than ONE of them, that´s not enough to take the twelfth position.
            Only way he makes it is if Moen leaves or moves up to the third line, and though I think Mo is a great fill-in, I don´t think he is a fulltime third liner on a winning team.
            And you COULD argue, from what we saw, that Blunden brings more energy

• adamkennelly says:

dude – you could not be more wrong if you tried. He is a perfect fit for the Habs – he can skate, half decent and frankly brings more value to the team than many many other players who were in our line-up last year…sign him – 2 years – give him some stability and show the league that we are done being abused. also – get him some help on the back end – like Brookbank or Engelland.

• jhab93 says:

Leblanc?

Thats the way the cookie crumbles

47. L Elle says:

Let’s trade Price to Toronto for Reimer.

Subban to Ottawa for Gonchar.

Let’s return Eller to the Blues, heck, let’s throw in Pleks in there as well, maybe they might be kind enough to give us back Halak?

Then we can tank for 7 years. Maybe our team will become the Penguins, yeah, or the Blackhawks!

As Nike says, just do it!

48. HabFanSince72 says:

How about:

* Price to Edm for their #1 pick plus Sam Gagner
    * Moen to Vancouver for Luongo

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Jim Edson says:

Why on earth trade a twenty four year old for a 33 year old?

Neither is much of an an upgrade!

Luongo can hardly take the pressure of the left coast how do you think he could possibly survive Montreal?

No GM aside from Houle would accept whats left of a 12 year contract signed in 2009 at 5.3 million for Moen who’s a UFA anyway!!!

———————————————————————-
      What does the Commissioner of the NHL do?

In short, a league commissioner is the action man for the Board of Governors.

They tell him what they want done and he works to make it happen through his subordinates while making sure that individual franchises play by the rules.

******** Translated if you haven’t won the Stanley Cup in 40 years your NHL team is becoming irrelevant in a sports mad city long behind MLB, NFL and NBA teams, you just tell the commissioner(who you gave a new contract at 7 plus million per) to make it happen and the rules are bent sufficiently to action the command.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Because you get Yakupov and Gagner in exchange.

You get a better goalie (albeit older) and you add Yak, Gagner AND Glachenyuk to your team.

As far as not taking the pressure – how do you know Price can take the pressure? His playoff performances to date don’t suggest that he can.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Jim Edson says:

Price hasn’t succumbed to pressure just a crap blueline.

Luongo plays behind what is considered the top team in the NHL. Big difference!

Luongo has repeatedly crapped the bed when the heat was on, why do you think Vancouver wants to dump him?

Crosby bailed out Luongo at the olympics.

As far as Gagner goes Montreal already has one near permanent resident of IR and hardly needs another, he is another glassman!

If you want Gagner so badly why not DD for Gagner straight up and stick one of your Russian draft picks between Cole and Pacioretti?

———————————————————————-
          What does the Commissioner of the NHL do?

In short, a league commissioner is the action man for the Board of Governors.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

Vancouver’s defencemen are NOT good at defence.

“I’m not opposed to trading Plekanec and/or Markov”
            - Sean Bonjovi

• Jim Edson says:

President’s Trophy this year and Cup finalists last their D is not as bad as say the Habs’.

———————————————————————-
            What does the Commissioner of the NHL do?

In short, a league commissioner is the action man for the Board of Governors.

• Habfan10912 says:

That would sure shake it up 72. Its a crossroad type decision. We knew the love Gainey had for Price. Going to be interesting to see how the new GM feels. Love this kind of dialogue.

• ont fan says:

So you want to trade a 24 year old goalie for prospects and an old goalie. Sounds good. Aye

• Habfan10912 says:

Nope. Not saying that at all. Just saying the new regime will have their own thoughts as to how to rebuild. Gainey loved Price. Possible the new GM won’t. Changes are coming and no one is outside the discussion. That’s all I’m saying.

• ont fan says:

Not trying to start trouble but all I ever hear, even in the playoffs, is how the Habs don’t have to worry for the next 10 years about their great goalie. Yet so many habs fans have so little faith in him. We haven’t had a good team here in years and this is a chance for all these young guys to grow together. I watch Denis Potvin say 16 guys from the old Islanders have 4 rings and they grew up together.
            I would hate to give up so soon on a Price. Too hard to get.

• RGM says:

Can we put the kibosh on this romanticism that Gainey supposedly had for Price? He was fully prepared to trade him to Tampa Bay for Vincent Lecavalier, and if it weren’t for the feuding Tampa owners it would have happened: http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/31155-Sources-Lightning-sale-could-be-complete-by-end-of-weekend-Bettman-blocked-Lecavalier-trade.html

———————–
        GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
        “Scott Gomez is an elite NHL player” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

• Habfan10912 says:

He very well may have had that reported conversation Richard but we all know he compared Price to some super type of horse. No question he wanted to build the team around him. Not saying he was wrong just the new guys might feel otherwise.

• habsfanforever7631 says:

never in a million years!

• JayK-47 says:

Price for Edm’s 2012 and 2013 1st rounders.

Draft Malcolm Subban with the Habs 2012 3rd overall pick, Yakupov with the 1st overall.

Budaj plays 70 games for the Habs (behind same defense line up as 11-12 season)

Draft Nathan MacKinnon in 2013.

• JoeC says:

First, Sam Gagner had 1 good game in his career, and amazing game, but the rest of the season, and last where a disapointment, and, Moan is an UFA, your going to trade him for Luongo, wow, you cant even trade a UFA before the deadline after the season is done in NHL 2012, not sure how you expect to do that here?

49. commandant says:

Yet another… that makes 5 so far… first round ranked Swede.

Visit Your NHL Draft Headquarters

• Habfan10912 says:

Thanks for posting. I see what you have been doing in the absence of Habs hockey. I’m also studying to become a draft expert. :)

———————————–

You know Jim, if you get a gig on your local cable provider talking hockey, you would then immediately jump into top 10 candidate for Montreal’s next GM. I am assuming you have an encyclopediac memory!

• Habfan10912 says:

No sir Gerald. I spent a good minute one day this week looking for a tie that was already around my neck. I will be pooping my pants soon. :)

———————————–

haha, poor Chrisadiens is going to have wipe your drool soon as well it sounds like. You are too funny Jim.

• Lafleurguy says:

Can Jim just paraphrase the Wigless One (your favorite ex-Hartford coach, and TSN panelist)? There is more info from that cache to qualify for 2 GM jobs.

• commandant says:

I usually watch the prospects every year.

But I really started going all out this year in late December when I realized we were gonna be picking top 10.

Started the site with a bunch of friends most of whom also follow hockey and prospects, so one of us has seen all these guys. We voted… assembled notes, and my job was to write the reports.

Visit Your NHL Draft Headquarters

I have checked out your website, nice job bud. As a sports fanatic who can’t get enough information, it is nice to add another site to the fold!

• commandant says:

Thanks I appreciate the kind words. I’ll pass them on to Scotty and John who help me with the reports.

Funny some at another unnamed site were ripping us last night, I think its jealousy. And they banned my account there saying I was some old poster or something. Some guy I’ve never heard of.

Visit Your NHL Draft Headquarters

• Habfan10912 says:

Please keep posting updates to your sites here. It saves me searching time. Great job and thanks again.

Ditto.
            Wouldn’t surprise me if you were soon promoted from commandant.

50. Cal says:

An interesting look at the Habs on right wing from the Reusch blog:

51. Mavid says:

I had no idea Darth Vader was a hockey fan I guess he is not so bad after all.

Luongo asked the Canucks for a trade and wants to stay north of the boarder.

Do I care!

• habstrinifan says:

Yep… does sound like Leafs may have a goalie. A building block they really needed. Means we gotta make sure we dont let them get ahead of us in the standings early. Listening new GM???

• Ian Cobb says:

I hope Toronto gets him, he is not that good, never was.

• Habfan10912 says:

Huge cap hit too. Hope Burke over pays for him. He’s got to be in panic mode now, no?

• HabFanSince72 says:

Only $5.3M. We’ll have to pay Price more than that.

The bigger problem with Luongo is his age. Historically goalies tend to decline after 33.

In fact all humans do, but that’s a different story.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Habfan10912 says:

@ 72 Point noted. I’m thinking the choice for the new Organization leadership will be restricted with Price. I can’t see them trading him can you? And as far as money goes, he’s going to attract top goalie dollars. The future hindges on his success. Fingers and toes crossed.

———————————–

I think the Luongo contract is over rated from a difficulty perspective. I still don’t understand how the league ever allowed it to be acceptable. Clear circumvention of Cap. There is no way Roberto plays the final 3 possible 4 years of that contract. He will retire, the money he gets paid at end of contract is pittance compared first 7 years. Unlike the Gomez contract where he is still picking up 5.5 roughly a year.

• habstrinifan says:

But better than what they have..so ignoringcap hit an improvement at least adding maybe 5 games to their wins.

• Cal says:

Luongo will fit right in with the laffs.

53. habstrinifan says:

Is Montreal having a Formula 1 race this year. This year looks really competitive and may be last year for Schumacher?

Think I’ll try and make it with my son.

One of the last places ‘old money’ still reigns supreme.

54. Lafleurguy says:

Big names among “surprise” stars of SC first-round playoffs include Mike Smith, Alex Pietrangelo, Kevin Klein, the Seminator (he was the runaway star of HIO posts)( post name here). Expected performances from Henrik Lundqvist and Claude (pass me over for David Fisher) Giroux. I’m sure most of us have noticed the SOG stats for the Coyotes’ games. Smith faced a high of 50 shots in one game against the Blackhawks which didn’t quite match Halak’s 53 (I forgot if it was against Pens or Caps…..yikes!). A similarity is that these two goalies had a doubling in fan club membership as a consequence, 1 million to 2 million for Halakites, and in Phoenix 50 to 100 for Smithians.

• neumann103 says:

Can we just get over the Habs not drafting Claude Giroux?

At the time I was in the middle of my “another Minnesota High -Schooler?????” confusion, so I never exactly embraced the selection of David Fischer, but 21 other teams overlooked Giroux. I mean the Hamilton Bulldogs own Mark Mitera (having been given up on by several NHL teams) was drafted ahead of Giroux.

1 Erik Johnson (Defense) St. Louis Blues
      10 Michael Frolik (Right Wing) Florida Panthers
      11 Jonathan Bernier (Goaltender) Los Angeles Kings
      12 Bryan Little (Center) Atlanta Thrashers
      13 Jiri Tlusty (Left Wing) Toronto Maple Leafs
      14 Michael Grabner (Right Wing) Vancouver Canucks
      15 Riku Helenius (Goaltender) Tampa Bay Lightning
      16 Ty Wishart (Defense) San Jose Sharks (from Montreal)
      17 Trevor Lewis (Center) Los Angeles Kings (from Edmonton via Minnesota)
      18 Chris Stewart (Right Wing) Colorado Avalanche
      19 Mark Mitera (Defense) Anaheim Ducks
      20 David Fischer (Defense) Montreal Canadiens (from San Jose)
      21 Bob Sanguinetti (Defense) New York Rangers

“Et le but!”

Yah, think what we would be willing to give up to have Riku Helenius as our backup now instead. Amazing how many people here continually admonish the Habs for missing Giroux, when genius teams like St. Louis, Pittsburh, Boston, Kings also skipped him.

55. sreuel says:

Why didn’t Boone blog the game or is he finished now

He may have a life outside this place, I’m kind of jealous of the guy…. ;-)

• habstrinifan says:

Boone had a big decision to make. To Blog or not to Blog.

I think he took the wise course. This game was with all due respect to the cities and teams…not really blog-worthy! Maybe he could have given it to an unpaid intern …. you know the type Rogers take advantage of while making themselves look like first class corporate citizens.

I am sure Boone will be back. He loves it too much.

56. habstrinifan says:

Anyone else in a sort of temporary ‘disinterest’ re the playoffs. Hopefully one of the teams or some player like Adam Henrique will become front and centre and wake things up. Look at all the tems out eh…. Boston, Vancouver, SJS, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh… not to mention HABS, Leafs,Senators, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary.

• Lafleurguy says:

Yeah, feel that way too J.Y. I think we miss the Habs!

• Habfan10912 says:

Hey Guy. I substituted my hatred for the Bruins for lack of Habs. Now what?

• Lafleurguy says:

Maybe I’m tossing a grenade here, but how do you feel about the Knickerbockers?

• Habfan10912 says:

Not a big fan of the pro game. Will probably watch baseball a bit over the summer but my heart will be on the ice. :)

Mets or Yankees?

• habstrinifan says:

Is that the one with Lin? Whatever happened there?

Actually I was listening to sport radio and it seems their new coach really has them doing better…

• Lafleurguy says:

Lin had knee surgery. Regular season just finished and not sure if Knicks made the playoffs.

• Habfan10912 says:

@ Guy – Mets. I have a lot of things to do different in my next life. :)

• habstrinifan says:

Yeah! From the morning after the pure joy of the Bruins exit I have felt sort of worn-out and waiting to be revived again re hockey. Can’t wait for the GM announcement. It will do it for sure.

I am really looking forward to wathing L.A. vs. St.Louis, should be a dynamite series. Have to say, last nights game between Yotes and Preds was highly entertaining.

BUt looking forward to all of round 2 to get started. Good news is, weather is looking good next week and back to the links on a semi permanent basis for the remainder of summer. No better way for me to pass time with no Habs Hockey than to spoil a good walk.

• The Cat says:

I think LA-St.Louis will be a great physical series. Fun to watch. Betting a few dollars will quickly get you interested in the games lol

• ont fan says:

Yea, know what you mean. When I watch, I’m pulling for everyone to lose. How can that be?

• neumann103 says:

My main motivation now is that the Philadelphia Flyers lose. It became a bit of a rooting interest in first round series where I figured that both the Rangers and the Devils would have a better chance against the Flyers.

“Et le but!”

Suggestion to HI/O, perhaps the poll question could be updated. Given we have already exhausted the potential new GM to near death, a simple question of who will Round 2 between Rangers and Caps may provide some interest.

If indeed the password has been lost in order to edit the poll, then I guess we are all out of luck….

58. rhino514 says:

Did anyone notice Cammalleri´s amazing stats since being moved to centre with the flames?
    I´m not sure but am guessing that´s the position he played with the flames previosuly and in his breakout year. Also, the habs PP was worst in the league when he was traded, with a half decent PP and staying healthy Cammi gets 30 goals a year in his sleep.
    I understand why the the move wouldn´t have been feasible with Pleks, DD, and Eller on the team, but still it is frustrating to see a player of that calibre leave knowing we didn´t get the best out of him. He has his issues; price tag, health, etc. but he will definitely be missed come playoff time.

I think something most of us agree on is that the combination of PG/JM were not good at getting the best out of all our talent. Obviously the one playoff year, the players did find a way to maximize their opportunities matched with great effort. But between misusing some players and throwing in the towel too soon on other players, all we can do is hope the new Mgmt and expected new coaches will do a better job.

Watching a team like Phoenix whom are not loaded with talent, but have a coach maximizing their talents makes one realize that if the team makes the right decisions, perhaps in two years we can be back in a very competitive way.

• habstrinifan says:

It is truly astonishing the destruction wreaked by PG AND JM.

A big for instance. You can say well they misjudged or mis-calculated in trades, acquisitions, players use etc. This is run of the mill unpredictability in hockey. And yes they did it to a surprisingly disastrous low.

But when you destroy an organization’s year (and some of its future) by allowing an assistant like Kirk Muller to walk (despite him willing to do what it took to stay a HAB) because your coach is insecure and mean-spirited and your GM acquiesces because he has no vision or real sense of organizational responsibility but operates with a cocooned untested sense of infallibilty…. your legacy shall forever be written in despicable infamy.

Just one minute of listening to players like Gionta and Gill and others after the first round elimination by the Bruins re the importance of Muller would inform anyone how important he was to the team. Just one look at the shortcomings of the PP the past season shows the effect of Kirk Muller’s absence.

I hope JM and PG are never allowed into the city much less anywhere near this team again. I am glad that their names have been removed from literature about the team despite the fact that Molson still has to hold his nose and write them out paychecks.

Thank God the Dark Age of their tenure here is over.

• Lafleurguy says:

Camalleri hit the 39 goal mark with L.A. but I think Gomez hit 38 with Jersey. Camalleri is still in his prime, but I would mark him down for 25 to 30. Almost forgot his phenomenal 12 goals in 18 games in the 2010 playoffs, so I’ll mark him down for 25 to 31.

• The Cat says:

It aint the first time I say this, and not that I love Cammalleri, but he was right IMO- the problem no one wants to admit is Plekanec, the man just doesnt make his wingers produce all that much. Plekanec is a 3rd line centre on an elite team: a guy who’s good defensively but whose offensive production is a plus, but not the constant expected norm.

• Lafleurguy says:

I won’t debate your point, but directing attention to stats makes me awfully nervous about Eller and his total of 12 assists. Plekanec had 35 in an off year. It could be argued he produced his stats with below average snipers, and little offensive support from the D-corps.

• habstrinifan says:

Maybe I am wrong but when I look at Plekanec’s stats I think they reflect exactly the level of player he is but I look at Eller’sseason stats as just hints to his potential.

• Lafleurguy says:

No, you’re right. Eller’s career path is on the upswing but I’m still nervous about his ceiling.

• christophor says:

ridiculous.

• Mark C says:

Cammalleri took the 6th most faceoffs on the Flames in the year you are referring too. In fact, Iginla even took more. He may have played some centre, but it seems clear it wasn’t for a large portion of the season.

To the posters here living Canada, anyone else sick of watching that Scotia Commercial on TSN, See Stanley with Lanny? I can’t stand watching any highlights of that Cup Loss to the Flames. For me the worst part of that Cup loss was watching Lanny the Leaf score that winning goal. It absolutely soured the loss even more for me. I could have lived better with anyone else on the Flame roster scoring that goal, but Lanny! Anyhow, everytime that commercial comes on TSN I have to quickly change the channel.

• Habfan10912 says:

Good morning Gerald. Down here in the States we have this god awful Verizon commercial with Mother and Daughter crying. I’m seriously considering switching to another carrier because of it.

———————————–

Good Morning Jim. Is the weather good enough down there for you to be fishing yet?

Yah some commercials are brutal, but having to watch Lanny score against our Habs is awful, I may even prefer an eavestrough nail being driven in eye!

• Habfan10912 says:

Weather is always good enough to fish. I’m thinking Janet may have somethings for us to do today so no fishing scheduled. But she’s still sleeping so I could sneak out of the house I suppose. :)

• Lafleurguy says:

Didn’t dislike Lanny and it could have been the impressional mind I USED to have. Disgusted when Dave Schultz landed an all-out (or is it all-in) punch to the gut while a linesman had McDonald pinned to the ice. Sympathetic to his downturn in fortunes when Godfather Harold Ballard dispatched him to the Colorado Rockies starring coach Don Cherry, a trade they say, to make Darryl Sittler tow the line. I think ’89 was McDonald’s only Cup, and what followed in years after were similar stories of aging stars finally summitting with a rental team (Dave Andreychuk, Raymond Bourque). But back to your other point HiB, yeah, it’s annoying to relive the memory of the ’89 Cup finals.

• DadidolizedDougHarvey says:

I lived in Banff for a while. At work one day I was walking down a hallway at the Banf school of Fine Arts and I happened to be wearing Bruins colours (back when I kinda liked them) and Lanny walked out of a ballroom where he’d just addressed a convention of God-knows-who, and when he saw my shirt, he cracked a joke and he stood and we chatted for a few minutes. I had always thought he was a cartoon character too, and and had never forgiven him for being a Leaf, but he impressed me as a really decent guy.

• Habsolutely says:

I’m watching it here in florida.

• Un Canadien errant says:

So much. I’ve posted on this subjects a couple times before, and the response is unanimous.

———————————
      How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

• Habfan10912 says:

Thank you so much for sharing such an inspirational story 24. Certainly puts in perspective any of my lifes trivial problems. Count my blessings indeed. Have a great day my friend.

• habstrinifan says:

Thank you so much 24 cups for allowing me to read all about a remarkable display of courage, love, friendship, and medical ingenuity.

If I may… I usually start reading stories like this one and mostly because I have a cowardly, fatalistic response to ‘difficulties’ like this I turn the page.

But I read through this time. It is a story of sublime human conquest on all levels. Thanks again.

May his journey onwards be filled withcontinued fulfillment.

Nice link and story!

“May you live in interesting times.”

First on HI/O and then first at the golf course!