Coaches in spotlight Monday morning

• Kevin Pollock and Kelly Sutherland will referee Game 3 Monday night

For Canadiens coach Jacques Martin: Does Glen Metropolit rejoin the Habs lineup? If so, who sits to make room? Who gets the call in the Montreal net? Jaroslav Halak got the team to the dance, but he had two left feet on a couple of Washington goals Saturday. Will Carey Price get the call? Or is he on standby with Halak on a short leash?

For Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau: Does José Theodore, beaten on the last three Habs shots he’s faced, return to the Washington goal Monday night? Or is Semyon Varlamov back in, having relieved Theo on Saturday in mostly steady if not spectacular style? Which Alex Ovechkin shows up – the invisible man of last Thursday or the possessed force of Saturday?

We’ll be at the Canadiens’ morning skate Monday and will have updates and audio from that, as well as links to Capitals audio and news.

1. habber86 says:

remember our habs in nashville this year?

2. avatar_58 says:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHHA

3. Caballero says:

Bulletin boards are not made public. Pleks did not mention Theo by name (if I remember correctly). Also as I recall Russia was favored to win the Gold not Canada. I don’t cheer for Sid because he plays for the Penguins right now. Your admiration for Ovi is touching but I resent having to admire someone who lacks the maturity to realize that if he is the best player in the world he should be showing more class than your average player who talks trash. I can’t believe I am arguing with someone on a Habs forum over whether Ovechkin should get the wind knocked out of him for being an arrogant sob. It’s not enough that his team beat us he has to insult our players as well? Come on pal this is asking too much from a Habs fan. As a habs fan yourself, I am sure you can understand backing up an underdog right now.

4. SLONCOLD says:

every series is a new series just have to be one game above 500 in each series to win. i agree with ya but the regular seaosn shows they have tons of weapons as well.

5. avatar_58 says:

You have to ask? Clearly it’s the man in net

6. showey47 says:

i think he backed up vokoun in florida last year? not sure though.

7. SeriousFan09 says:

No, Anderson was a Hawks goalie for a while, Look at him now, compared to Huet at 5.6 million a year, LOL. Then he was in Florida backing up Vokoun until landing in Colorado.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

8. Mikey_39 says:

First of all, last game was not the only time he’s taken a bad penalty.  It’s been happening CONSISTENTLY for a few games now.  And is that really logical? It’s not a big deal because it didn’t hurt us? It was 2 minutes we spent defending.  It was an opportunity for them to score.

9. Price_31 says:

Wow..SJ should be winning this. Anderson’s playing amazzinng

10. showey47 says:

I don’t know, if he has one of his u.s. meal ticket teams from the east. He can afford to have one of his “$50 for 4 tickets,4 t-shirts and unlimited food and booze” franchises from the west make it. It will also prevent them from possibly being moved in the near future,something gary would rather not do.

11. Mrhab24 says:

Didn’t Anderson back up Jose in Col?

12. habs4cup says:

I’m watching the Col/SJ game, and can’t believe how inept Colorado is. How did this team ever make the playoffs? shots sare 50/13 for SJ. total dominating the Avs. Avs are so bad they can’t even get the puck in the SJ zone. I’ve never seen a team dominate like they’re playing a peewee team.

13. SeriousFan09 says:

This is Anderson’s 3rd winning season since he played OHL hockey from the 00-01 season. He flipped a ****ing switch or something this year, he’s been unbelieveable.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

14. Mrhab24 says:

Anderson……… OMG!

15. spos080808 says:

This game should have been like 5-0 SJ. They just cant catch a break in the playoffs.

16. EricInStL says:

wow can you say OO

hahaha

In Guy Boucher I trust.

17. SLONCOLD says:

lol ovi…. one day he’ll learn how to win. let him talk all he wants with humpty dumpty his coach lol

18. spos080808 says:

So I am guessing you did not cheer for Sid since he is not an underdog…I am guessing you did not cheer for Canada bc they sure as hell were no underdog…No idea how old are you but would you have turned your back on the Habs when they were dominating the NHL in the past? Yah you would have since you only like underdogs huh…

As for OV talking trash, it is no different than Pleks saying Theo is no Miller etc. Trash talk is sports. Why do you think teams always have bulletin board material.

19. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

50 saves for Anderson. I can see San Jose losing this, hah!

20. EricInStL says:

you gotta feel for SJ, knowing they cannot trust Nabokov…

In Guy Boucher I trust.

21. Rainrocket16 says:

You know its F’d up when I have all my Bruins and Leafs friends routing for the Habs! And Sens! But I am right there with them, I want to see Lucic vs the Penguins!

No Canadien team has a chance as long as Bettman is in control.

22. avatar_58 says:

Wow Anderson

23. SLONCOLD says:

and your solution is to pin point the game on one player? i will not pin the game on halak. sorry it’s a team sport

he should have made the save on the 5th goal but hell man defensive break downs hurt your team. blaming it all on one player is teh easy way out….

24. spos080808 says:

I agree…I see a Rob Blake from the point going in on this PP.

25. Caballero says:

People just love Ovi because they want to get behind a winner. That is just not me pal. Give me the underdog all the way. Ovie may be the best hockey player in the world, but I do not appreciate it when someone bad mouths our players by name. Did Pleks say Theo is no Ryan Miller? No, but Ovi was putting down our players by name in some pathetic attempt at psychological intimidation. He is probably trying to divert attention from Theo sobbing into his jock strap.

26. spos080808 says:

I guess the Colorado fans know nothing about the rules of hockey…

You cannot bury a guy on an icing play…

It is a penalty everytime…So why are they chanting bullshit…

It was called in a playoff game the other night as well.

27. EricInStL says:

The avs cannot kill another one like they did before

In Guy Boucher I trust.

28. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Hah!

‘Holy Mackinaw!’, San Jose has 47 shots on goal and the game still remains scoreless. How sweet would it be if Colorado scores before the game finishes? But, what on Earth are they doing? Back-to-back PP opportunities for SJ.

29. spos080808 says:

Joe has played well though. He made a beautiful pass to get he game into OT last game…And is feeding people left and right tonight, but there is no finish, just like 2 mins ago when Joe fed Boyle for a beautiful PP chance that he missed on.

30. Rainrocket16 says:

LOL, right? I was still typsy from that disappointing loss, thank for spotting it!

Sid or Ovie will be in the Finals, Bettman will see to it!

31. Off-side says:

Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT take Halak out.  I love Halak.  I love Price.  And reasoning with who to put in for tomorrow’s game is not about our goalie war.  It’s about what oBITCHkin had to say here http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=318589 as mentioned in early comments.  Saying that Halak is shaking is smack talk and simply them trying to get us to switch to Price (not because Price is not good but more because they are afraid of Halak).  It’s all a mental game now and oBITCHkin thinks were stupid and don’t get it.

Speaking of stupid and oBITCHkin, I’m not sure I can stand watching the game tomorrow night if he shoves his glove in another Hab’s face.  Who do we have that can lay into him?  I say HURT his ass.  Sorry, I’m really not a mean person and I’m hating the anger my body is feeling just thinking about him, but seriously, the guy is a creep.

As for Metro.  Damn it, he’s a really good player and I think he brings a lot of positive energy to our team but letting him back, I’m afraid they will intentionally hurt him bad, knowing that he’s flying with a broken wing.  Having him leave the game would demoralize our team.  I don’t know.  I’ll have to trust our team on that decision.

Damn it, I love you guys!  You’ve got to win this one tomorrow.  Not because we want the win (well, okay that would be really, really good) but now it’s more about seeing oBITCHkin cry.

Don’t you all want to see him cry?  Or have I gone completely mad?

32. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

The Thornton-Marleau-Heatley trio have 0 goals in almost 3 games so far and are -6 combined.

33. Rainrocket16 says:

Sid and/or Ovie will be in the Cup Finals! Bettman makes sure of it!

34. matmacat says:

Sid and Ovie in the cup final? If he pulls that off….

35. spos080808 says:

And SJ is dominating without Heatley. If they lose this game they are done. How can they come back from absolutely dominating a game and losing and being down in the series…

36. EricInStL says:

I was switching frm nj-phi, and at times the Ottawa game was chippy…

All in all the officiating has been what you would expect with the NHL. Which is really sad….

Before you had to figure out how 1 official was officiating, now you have to figure out 2….

In Guy Boucher I trust.

37. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Reffing was pretty terrible in the Habs-Washington game yesterday and Pittsburgh-Ottawa game today. Very biased reffing against the Canadian teams.

The Referees made bad calls all night. Even Don Cherry pointed out that Sid the Kid was diving!

38. spos080808 says:

Come on now…

OV is the best player in the world and most exciting. I mean jesus, guy had 8 hits last game. You do not see the best player in the world in most era’s trying to take peoples blocks off…

As for him not winning. Put Sid on Wash and OV on Pitt last season and what happens. OV wins a cup and Sid does not. To win a Cup you need a good goalie and solid cast, which OV still does not have, while Sid does…

As for the Olympic Gold, again, good goaltending and better cast. No shocker Russia lost with Nabby and half the team filled with KHL players…

Hating in OV is ridiculous. He is great for the game and the best player in the world. I just hope he doesnt notch another point the rest of series.

39. SeriousFan09 says:

It would be nice if Colorado would make a shot on the Sharks goal, Nabokov’s made 13 saves so far, so mathemeatically the next 4 should go in.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

40. Bob Barker says:

“and/or” – How would they both make it lol?

41. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Man, Craig Anderson is literally stealing this one for Colorado.

40 shots on goal for San Jose and the game remains scoreless. 7 minutes left in regulation.

42. Mikey_39 says:

Did anyone watch the Pitts-Ottawa game? I’m just curious to know if reffing was a factor in the Pittsburgh win

43. gK_HabsFan says:

I don’t know, i think it can mess with his game.

-GK-

44. Bob Barker says:

Hopefully Halak plays like he did in Game 1. It’s been more than 24 hours and I still can’t believe we lost that game.

45. spos080808 says:

Hopefully JM uses the last change to his advantage and gets the right matchups out there agianst OV/Backstrom.

46. Caballero says:

Ovechkin’s comment about Halak and MAB make me sick. I have always disliked him because he is so dominant and yet so arrogant. He is like Dolph Lundgren in Rocky IV. He was probably genetically engineered in som KGB lab to bring huge honors to Russia, but last I checked, Crosby has won a Stanley Cup, Olympic Gold and the Rocket Richard trophy. So perhaps Ovechkin should shut his yap and start winning something other than rookie of the year because I sense someone bigger and stronger will end his career before he hits 30.

47. spos080808 says:

I agree that Halak got the team here and in my opinion he def. gets the start in Game 3. It is a no brainer…

All I am saying is that for all the praise we should rightly give him after Game 1, we should also jump on him for blame for Game 2…

Anyone who says otherwise is just being totally biased.

48. Rainrocket16 says:

Has anyone started the Bettman Facebook bashing page yet!!

Sid and/or Ovie will be in the Cup Finals! Bettman makes sure of it!

49. spos080808 says:

Um no I am not saying Halak is horrible…I said he had a horrible Game 2…He had a veryy good Game 1…

He cost the team any chance at a win in Game 2 plain and simple. Just admit it Jesus…Just like how he gave the team every chance to hold on and win Game 1…Cannot have it both ways buddy…

50. spos080808 says:

No way he wants the Yotes or Preds in the final. The TV ratings would be godawful even if OV or Sid make it…He clearly wants a Pens/Caps v. Chicago final. That would be ratings gold.

51. Rainrocket16 says:

Indeed!

Sid and/or Ovie will be in the Cup Finals! Bettman makes sure of it!

52. SLONCOLD says:

you’re saying he’s horrib;e after he did have a good game take your own advice. in a perfect world he makes that save on teh 5th goal but even if he did. there was a 6-4 pp comming up…. that would have been hard to stop too….

53. Rainrocket16 says:

Bettman won that game. Halak made a couple bad plays but Halak is the man we need, we would not be here!

Sid and/or Ovie will be in the Cup Finals! Bettman makes sure of it!

54. showey47 says:

I guess the good news is only one can possibly be in the final. Bettman will cream in his baby gaps jeans if he can get  his yotes or the preds as their opposition. Its a win win for him.

55. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but Halak has had an impressive home record this year. That can be an advantage for us tomorrow and on Wednesday!

I have trust in Halak. If he can shut down Ovechkin and Russia 2-1, he can shut down Ovechkin and the Capitals in this series.

56. Rainrocket16 says:

100 bucks says that We get stomped in similar fashion to the Sens game earlier! another Bettman win!

Sid and/or Ovie will be in the Cup Finals! Bettman makes sure of it!

57. spos080808 says:

Cannot have it both ways. Cannot say the team won bc of Halak in game 1 BUT DID NOT lose bc of Halak in game 2…

Sure he was a big reason why they won in game 1 but he was a bigger reason they lost game 2…

Atleast speak the truth in your praise and blame.

58. Rainrocket16 says:

I will never be a habs fan again if we chant that ridiculous BS!

Sid and/or Ovie will be in the Cup Finals! Bettman makes sure of it!

59. SLONCOLD says:

- we won a game in this series beacuse of him 45 saves ring a bell?

- how is he tired lol

- looked intimidated in game one?

- looked nervous in game one?

wow…….. you’re a smart one

60. gK_HabsFan says:

People at the Bell Centre should chant “Crosby” to taunt OV8

-GK-

61. showey47 says:

you mean you don’t want to witness “operation twig snapper” unfold in all its glory? It could be the single greatest move since the illegal marty mcsorely stick call of 1993.

62. pmaraw says:

same with me only showers…

63. habs4cup says:

habs need to crash the net same way caps do. And I would definitely put in Price. Halak doesn’t have it and he will cost them the seeries. He already cost them 1 game. Why is JM being so stubborn?

Halak needs to be more aggressive on breakaways. way too passive and never comes out to count down the angle. We can’t win another game with Halak. he’s nervous, intimidated, and tired and it shows.

JM is just gift wrapping the series for Wash if he plays Halak.

64. spos080808 says:

Sit Pouliot? Huh? Yah stupid penalty last game, but it did not hurt the team. He actually played a very solid game, if you actually watched it. Just because he did not score does not mean he was not playing good. He was driving to the net, playing tough on the boards, using his body, and backchecking hard. You do not take him out of the lineup…

Metro does have to get in somehow. He can make a difference on the PP with his right handed shot. Plus maybe he can bring some more creativity to one of the bottom lines…

All of the forwards have played decent so it is not like this is an easy decision. It is either Sergei, Darche, or Pyatt  that comes out. I would keep Sergei in because he can play PK, and brings some offense to the bottom 6…I keep Pyatt in because of his PK ability…So the odd man out is Darche. Again he has done nothing to deserve being in the press box but Metro brings more to the table to than Darche since he plays PP and PK with more offensive upside.

65. SLONCOLD says:

metro has to be 100% to play… if he’s not he could do more damage than good.

66. Tis Himself says:

The Habs are going to win tomorrow night. I can’t watch the game live and lately when I haven’t they have won. If they do, I promise not to watch another playoff game live until they lose, Scout’s Honor.

67. Mikey_39 says:

Man I’m really starting to dislike the caps.  And the fact that they have Gary B. behind them makes me dislike them even more.  It would be amazing to knock these guys out of the playoffs, overcoming all the adversity (refereeing for instance).

If metro is ready to go I gotta think you have to put him in.  And i wouldn’t bench any of the 3rd and 4th line guys.  I would definitely bench pouliot.  The last couple of weeks have been really bad.  And in both playoff games he’s taken a dumb-ass penalty at the wrong time!  Play sergei on one of the top lines and bench pouliot.  But then again it seems like sergei will be lucky to not be benched let alone play on the top line with JM coaching.

68. SLONCOLD says:

i think the media is forgetting that the CAPS scored 100 goals more than us this year. goals are to be expected in this series. In regards to replacing halak with price the question has to be asked, will price give us a better chance to win. If the answer is yes then you put in price, other wise you stay with halak. Also, not sure if anyone has watched the other series but there have have been some pretty high scoring games and the answer the day after is about reducing scoring chances, not pulling or switching up the goalies. But hey this is montreal and halak and price sell alot of online ads… so create a bunch of bull to bring up page clicks and views……

Game 2 showed a defensive colapse and a bunch of bad penalties. Game three will give us last change and a chance to get the match up we want.

Any goalies would have a tough time against this type of offense. People thinking we could keep them to 2 goals a game and win easily were nuts. Lots of hockey left and we’re tied 1-1.

go habs go

69. habsfaninboston says:

JM’s got to stick with Halak for game 3.  Putting Price in now would be assinine.

Theo or Varly makes no difference.  We proved we could score on both.

If Metro can go, I’d put him in there in place of Darche.

70. SeriousFan09 says:

It was disappointing, San Jose’s is just plain ****ing embarassing.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

71. Mr.Hazard says:

After all the abuse we sent O’Byrne’s way for his own-goal…

In sudden death OT, Boyle manages a game-losing, series-lead surrendering, shutout-breaking goal. IN PLAYOFFS (as the Russians say). Ouch.

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

72. Mr.Hazard says:

Wouldn’t it have been nice to have the Sharks as first seed in the East?

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

73. BKAK72 says:

Doug Wilson looked like he was going to jump from that luxury box. I also think it’s funny that more Canadians are watching and talking about this game than Americans. I want the HABS to win and/or any Canadian based team. USA-NHL is irritating! – I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! –

74. SeriousFan09 says:

In the AHL? They might have a shot.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

75. Dintrox says:

someone has uploaded Boyle’s goal on youtube

December 4, 2009 – Elmer Lach’s jersey took its rightful place with the Rocket’s in the rafters.

76. andrewberkshire says:

How awesome is Craig Anderson?

77. SeriousFan09 says:

Much more awesome than Dale Tallon seemed to know, another reason they politely fired him from GM in Chicago.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

78. andrewberkshire says:

He’s a lot better than Huet, and at about 1/4 the salary.

79. light_n_tasty says:

I’m sure people were saying the same thing about Huet in 2005-06: “He’s a lot better than _____, and at 1/4 the salary.”

80. light_n_tasty says:

So, does this mean the Habs are winning tomorrow, 1-0 in OT, on an own goal from Mike Green?

81. andrewberkshire says:

Except in 05-06 Huet still blew it in the playoffs. Huet has never put on a performance like Anderson did today.

82. andrewberkshire says:

Sounds great to me! As long as the goal is credited to Tomas Jagr.

83. habsfanmandy says:

Wow… so at least ours wasn’t the worst loss of the playoffs for sure… SJ is so done.

84. habsfanmandy says:

I love Halak and obviously he got us to the playoffs but Carey played all the Washington games this year, and not too badly either. So I think we should give him a shot. Surprised that Jaro’s not talking to the media. Is he getting frustrated, wallowing in his own enter-emotion-here? What’s his mental state like?

Game 4 is a bit late to yank a goalie and hope the other one can stand on his head. I’m worried.

Bring Metro back a.s.a.p. a great scoring addition who will go to the net and get dirty goals. And we need all the firepower we can get against score-at-will Caps.

85. naweed235 says:

just want to get some perspective here after 2 games…

1) predict the score for our 3rd game

2) Do you belive our Habs will win this series? if yes, did you belive it before the series started?

86. naweed235 says:

1) i say 4-3 Capitals

2) Yes and Yes

87. light_n_tasty says:

very true.  I still have nightmares of game 6 OT.   NOOOOO RIVET, DON’T DO IT!!!!!!

88. SeriousFan09 says:

To this day, the Koivu injury haunts me, I knew it was going to kill Montreal.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

89. Mr.Hazard says:

1) 4-2 Habs

2) Yes and No

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

90. Mr.Hazard says:

I meant, to face the Sharks instead of the Caps in the first round lol.

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

91. Mr.Hazard says:

Pretty good NHL spoof on the Sharks and the playoffs:

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

92. yvresgyros says:

My Question to the Montreal Media:

Where is the muckraking on those Washington Generals?

The media that does such a great job rummaging through the bins outside Tom Pyatt’s or any 5th liner’s loft all year in order to find off-ice distractions to fill in the Anti-chambres of this Province should get to work right bleepin’ now and work the other way, for the greater good, for once.

I can understand Theo is off limits. We’ll all respect that he’s been through a lot this year and in any case, we’ve dealt with him with a couple sniper shots to his confidence on Saturday. But come on, there’s gotta be some distractions to be dug up and/or completely made up.

Their top player wears individually tailored Dolce&Gabbana sweat pants, for christ’s sake, there has to be a money hungry bimbo in this town that has sampled the O-de-Vie and can tell us he ain’t all about size and endurance.

And what about Megan Knuble, what is she up to when Mikey is on the road? Wasn’t Semyon Varlamov drafted under the name Semen? I have a clear memory of that (http://www.russianprospects.com/public/profile.php?player_id=514). What happened to his hilarious first name, isn’t he ashamed to disgrace his heritage just to avoid not being ridiculed on the North American playground? That’s questions worth asking.

Touching a little on the league favoritism in their favour during the Q&A sessions wouldn’t hurt either.

And how’s this for a headline: “Coach Boudreau has carnal knowledge of his farm animals?” The question mark washes the hands of the mudslinger and we rehash a good old tried and true tactic perfected by Lyndon Johnson in his mock presidential run while he was in 6th grade. The main point is not to search for accuracy in the rumours, it is to get the accused to have to deny it.

Get to work boys, you make our players’ life miserable throughout the year, now do your worse on them Caps unless you wanna be writing about prospective draft picks and how great is Sid come next week, while you see your readership plummets and your drinking habit kicks into high gear again.

93. HabsFanNorway says:

I’m still in shock after the last game! Hope the players deal with it better than me! If not we’re gonna lose 3 straight!

Everyone from Sweden, Finland (swedish speaking), Norway, Denmark: Join the Facebook group “Montreal Canadiens Fan Club Scandinavia”!

94. Danno says:

Sugar Ray Gomez got into a scrap with Diddly Stubbs yesterday. Will there be a rematch?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

95. G-Man says:

Carey can sit and watch just like Jaro had to last season. Jaro deserves the starts, not Carey.

96. yvresgyros says:

The Carnal Knowledge quote was actually from Lyndon B. Johnson’s first senate run. Helped him win it hands down after coming back from a 10 point deficit. Only two years later, Karl Rove was born. Coincidence?

97. j2w4habs25 says:

1 – I think the score will be 5-2 or something for the Habs. The Bell Centre will be rocking tonight (It will be on FIRE) its really gonna be a boost for our team. plus All the teams from lastnight that won in game 1 and lost game 2 won game 3 :)

2 – I BELIEVE things can happen, and this is one of them :)

98. Ayan_SB says:

As much as it amuses me to see San Jose crumble under pressure yet again, I’ve always been a fan of Dan Boyle. He’s one of the best defensemen in the league and has always seemed like a class act.

99. nightmare_49 says:

…  Should be an interesting night as ref Kevin Pollack is another Chris Lee, riot ref. ……..   Kelly Sutherland had potential but seems to be stuck at the mediocrity level.

100. terrygain says:

The claim Karl Rove used tactics like the one’s you advocate is the stuff of Urban Legend. Pure B.S. But it’s worked, hasn’t it.

101. Mr.Hazard says:

….and I thought OUR OT loss was disappointing…

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

102. habbifier says:

1) Heartbreaking loss tonight

2) Yes and Yes

I predicted habs to, Win, Lose, Lose, Win, Win, Win in this series.

103. Rainrocket16 says:

I would not want to be Boyle right now.

No Canadien team has a chance as long as Bettman is in control.

104. STZA says:

I wouldn’t change a thing. Series is pretty even right now.

105. zozotheclown says:

If Metro can play I would play him over darche, might get one of the bottom two lines going. Starting Halak is what i would do, he’s earned as much at this point, but if say another game exactly identical to game 2 occured in game 3, then maybe Price gets the call in game 4.

If I were Boudreau Varly would be in, Theo has had little if any success playing us in montreal, and hasn’t done well out of it this series either. I REALLY hope he plays Theo though, I want to hear those Theeeeoooo chants going and I think he gives us a great opportunity to win every game…lol.

106. dudurules says:

It’ll be Halak but boy,,. keep an eye on him… his demeanor after a bad goal… the caps are getting under his skin (of course the habs d-men won’t clear that up)

107. terrygain says:

You prefer goalies who smile? Washingtom crashed the net all night. Knuble prevented him from seeing the puck. Poti mugged him.  Ovechkin knocked in a puck which was smothered. No Montreal players took action to discourage these tactics. Price  will respond the same way.

108. nickster13 says:

We always hear about how fired up the caps are. I havent heard much about the habs! lets hope they are fired up at least

109. SeriousFan09 says:

Something wrong with the shot count for Avs-Sharks, 9 shots on Nabby and no goals?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

110. terrygain says:

but he had two left feet on a couple of Washington goals Saturday

Which ones? Fehr’s breakaway.  Backstrom’s first, where he was interfered with by Knuble.  Backstrom’s second where Spacek and Plekanek left him alone in front of the net.  Oveckin’s, where the referees allowed a smothered puck to be jammed loose.  Carlson’s screened shot from the middle of the ice, just above the hash marks or Backstrom’s third, also from the middle of the ice, just above the hash marks and through 44’s legs.

None on these goals was a softie.

111. habs-hampton says:

I agree 100%. Halak just had a lot of bad luck. I can’t believe Backstroms first goal counted, and the idiots on TSN blamed it on Gill. Knuble was already on top of Halak.

Halak got us here and we have to keep riding him to the end.

112. spos080808 says:

Actually OV’s goal the puck was not smoothered. In fact it was just sitting there between his legs, not covered. Halak made no effort to tie it up, he just sat there…

How about the BIGGEST goal of the game, Carlson’s. A 10 year old could have stopped that. That was pathetic…

Yes breakaways are 50/50, but how about Halak even making an attempt. He just sat there, ala Huet, when Huet used to sit there in shootouts…

Face it, Halak was brutal the other night and is why the team lost…

Why are people like you sticking up for him, when Halak himself knew he sucked, and did not talk to the media after the game. He would be the first to say he cost his team. Why can you not say the samething?…Unless you are just so in love with Halak you refuse to speak with an unbiased mouth.

113. Mr.Hazard says:

Halak will get the start. Any questioning of this is only intended to fire up discussion!

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

114. likehoy says:

did anyone read this yet? http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=318589

i hope someone crushes ovechkin and leaves him shaking.

i’m fed up with the capitals and all their crap, i really hope they don’t win the cup, in fact i hope they lose out to martin brodeur or ryan miller in the end! poetic justice

- Habs Romance (Lady Gaga remix) http://montreal.virginradio.ca/blogs/39/posts/464

115. showey47 says:

How about they lose out to us instead? I couldn’t think of a better ending to their season then to lose to the #8 seed 33 points behind them in the standings.

116. STZA says:

At least Halak didn’t dislodge the net when he lost sight of the puck…

117. avatar_58 says:

They DESPERATELY want the pressure on the habs – they’ll say anything to attempt to shake them. Except guess what big mouth? YOU are the “#1′ team, the pressure is all on you guys to sweep. Oops! You didn’t sweep! How pathetic. In fact not even a regulation win in game 2. Funny, you don’t look #1 to me.

118. spos080808 says:

Actually there was one goal (Forget which one) in which afterwards Halak got some water and was shaking like a leaf in the wind…Maybe OV is talking about that after seeing the replay…I do not think Halak was shaking because he was scared etc…His hand was probably just shaking because he was so amped up…

But there def. was a case after one goal in which his hand was def. shaking. I wish I saved the replay on my TV to tell you which goal it was because I actually mentioned it to one of my buddies…

Again, I do not think it was because he was scared or shook though.

119. SLONCOLD says:

one day ovi is goign to go into the boards with his back turned and some one is just gonna say…screw it and plaster hit head first…. then he’ll learn.

120. SLONCOLD says:

they should be able to beat us in the series( logic speaking, my heart still says we can win) but with their defensive brain farts, they’re going to ask their goalies to come up with too many big saves which is not something that wins cups….

121. Eliisa says:

Agreed, Showey. Especially because… I want the Habs to move on? ;)

122. showey47 says:

agreed,and it would shut the collective pie holes of every hockey “expert” who wrote this team off before the season even started.

123. Eliisa says:

There is nothing better than proving people wrong. Some people gave credit to the Habs – saying that they have a chance of going for the upset. I would like nothing more than to win the series – preferrably at the Verizon Centre, if I had my way.

This season’s Cup race will be very interesting. No team is getting swept in the first round. I think almost any team could take it. It should be highly entertaining. Chi-Town just got the shut out, they to me are a likely contender.

124. showey47 says:

I’d prefer it to be in washington as well,the city of montreal doens’t need another downtown riot,lol

125. pmaraw says:

what if price’s season of bad luck is compiled into halak’s playoff games?

126. SLONCOLD says:

dude did u expect the habs to be up 2 games while on the road against the best team in the league.

we’re tied 1-1 and lost a crazzy game in OT. if anythign this is great news. we’ll come back strong

127. SLONCOLD says:

smart play though lol no delay of game for that :-p

128. Eliisa says:

That drove me crazy!! I was screaming at the refs at that point.

129. SLONCOLD says:

how about the interference call on us? same play on us all night when we chipped it in…. no call for us though

130. likehoy says:

I must have missed it, but I think halak will be alright!

131. spos080808 says:

Like I said, I wish I knew which goal it was. The camera’s always pan to the goalie after a goal so if you have the game on replay you can obviously find it. I was watching it through VS if that helps…

And again, I do not think it was him being scared. It is like when you are ready to fight someone or right after a fight, your hands are shaking a little bit. It is from being so amped up not because you are scared…

132. avatar_58 says:

Hey laps we got a job for you….

133. SLONCOLD says:

indeed… although moen would be my pick. i don’t have confidence that laps would hurt him lol

134. SLONCOLD says:

have you ever played as a goalie? or hockey for that matter?

135. terrygain says:

Halak made no effort to tie it up, he just sat there..

Sure. he just let the puck sit there making no effort to cover it up.  He didn’t try to stop breakaways. You must be a Pricebot?

I’ve watched the replay 4 times. You can’t see the puck. Your comments are brutal.

136. spos080808 says:

HaHa really buddy really?

Did Halak even try to crouch down and glove the puck? His legs were partly open and the puck was lying there. He did not have it covered. He obviously thought he did, but maybe that was the problem on that goal. He could have easily placed his glove between his legs just in case, but he did not. He was careless…

And maybe you need to watch the breakaway a 5th time. He sat there did not even move. Like I said, breakaways are 50/50 so you cannot blame a goalie when a player scores on one, but he did not even move. Just like Huet…

I guess you are a Halakbot huh…

Let me hear your excuse on Carlson’s game tying goal which again was the BIGGEST goal of the game. He stops that and the boys kill off the oncoming penalty they win the frickin game…So tell me, what is your excuse for Carlson’s goal huh?…

Your comments and manlove for Halak are brutal.

137. spos080808 says:

A “have you ever played goalie or hockey” comment? Wow original…

So what is yoru excuse for Halak letting in Carlson’s goal huh? Since he did no wrong last night. Please intrigue me.

138. SLONCOLD says:

i would have loved to see him make the save but sometimes people take good shots.

colapsing D which allows players to cut in and then use the D as a partial screen makes saves tough.

139. spos080808 says:

Carlson’s goal was an awful goal plain and simple…

I will give you the D backing in and partial screen on Backstrom’s goal, plus that was an absolute rip and snipe…But not even close on Carlson’s…

And like I said in responding to another of your posts, cannot have it both ways…

Big reason they won game 1, big reason they lost game 2.

140. showey47 says:

WTF just happened? LMAO

141. SeriousFan09 says:

That is ****ing hilarious!!! San Jose loses!

Anderson plays the game of his life, hats off to him!

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

142. EricInStL says:

So who feels worst, MTL or SJ, you gotta believe it’s SJ

….In Guy Boucher I trust.

143. ooder says:

not even close lol.

hahah SJ for sure…

that was ridiculous.. i woke up my dad just to show him lol

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

144. showey47 says:

boyle just buried it in his own net? unbelievable lmfao

145. EricInStL says:

It looks like Nabakov covered the corner pretty good… Great goal….

In Guy Boucher I trust.

146. ooder says:

you have got to be effing kidding me lol

——————

147. Bugs says:

Um…did SJ just score on themselves?

Is this what they’ve sunken to?

Superfluously redundant, I remain

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

148. avatar_58 says:

I can’t stop laughing this is just too much

149. Off-side says:

Boil BOYLE!!

150. Bob Barker says:

He was probably just tired and didn’t feel like firing another 50 shots at Anderson in futility. He knew 1 would be enough to beat Nabby.

151. ooder says:

how on earth did that go in lol.

what a shot hahah

——————

152. showey47 says:

gotta give credit to boyle,it was a hell of a snipe. With a backhand to boot!

153. SeriousFan09 says:

I’m looking forward to the History Will Be Made that will soon appear on YouTube about this game.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

154. avatar_58 says:

F’ing LOL

155. Dintrox says:

Avs win! Coyotes win!!! what a day for the underdogs! Anderson 50+ saves and the sharks score on themselves.