Julien’s Bruins pose a huge test for Habs, NHL first star Price

Claude Julien

Bruins head coach Claude Julien has his team on an eight-game winning streak headed into tonight’s Bell Centre game vs. the Canadiens.
Stubbs video capture

CANADIENS AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Michael Cammalleri | Hal Gill | Yannick Weber

There is hockey in other locales besides Pittsburgh tonight, folks. And the Canadiens are in tough at home against their arch-rivals, the Boston Bruins, who arrive riding an eight-game win streak.

In Brossard, the Habs practised with the same lines used in Saturday’s 4-0 win over the New York Rangers. Defenceman Hal Gill will return to the lineup Wednesday in Carolina, tonight his fourth game out of the lineup. No Jaroslav Spacek tonight either.

I was at the Bruins morning skate, where much of the discussion was about the return in Pittsburgh of Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby. Patrice Bergeron, the famously concussed Bruin, weighed in on the subject, while head coach Claude Julien and Bruins captain Zdeno Chara also addressed the issue.

Video below from the Bruins room in advance of what could be a great goaltending duel, NHL first star of the week Carey Price riding a two-shutout streak, Boston’s Tim Thomas arriving on the heels of a shutout of his own.

1. doogie says:

Check this out, top NHL plus/minus stats-

2- Seguin. + 17
    4- C. Kelly. + 13
    T5- Chara. + 12
    T5- Marchand +12
    T7- Bergeron +11

No wonder they’re climbing up the standings!

2. baylisbuddy says:

allan baylis the link for my article on the referees conspiracy is found here http://ezinearticles.com/?The-NHL-Referees-Conspiracy&id=6674431

Timo is a great Hab’s fan. He just talks negative at times so that the landing is not as horrific if we should lose.

4. baylisbuddy says:

allan baylis I for one am sick and tired of the unfair bias the referees have towards the Habs. Last year the Bruins had 438 penalty minutes to kill and we had 546. The Leafs had the 3rd most power plays and far less penalties than us.How does a small, soft team lead the league in penalties? I have written an article as to why and you can find it on the internet The NHL Referees Conspiracy.

• Hobie Hansen says:

The only thing you can say to the Canadiens taking the most penalties, and it’s a bit of a guess, is the old size issue.

At certain moments, a little less this year, Montreal is just incapable of regaining control of the puck because they can’t separate the other team from said puck. As a result they have to hook or hold.

Matty, glad to see you out of the closet. Was great meeting you and your wife and child. My wife is honoured that her choosing of the Gomez Jersey (as she initially forgot it was your ticket that was called) for you could turn into such a wonderful event.

Had a great weekend overall, but especially enjoyed the Pints at Hurley’s after the victory. I only wish I was better at names (yes even with nametags I struggle) and could thank each of you for the incredible hospitality and good times.

Mr. Hickey, was a treat to talk old school basketball with you. I still disagree with you and like Emelin more than Diaz.

• Ian Cobb says:

Gerald!
      I said this to you personally, but I would like to say publicly as well. You are a very generous and fun man to be around.

It is for the likes of people like you and your lovely wife that I enjoy to put these Summit on each year. Above all the Children’s Foundation thanks you and all other contributors as well.

• Hobie Hansen says:

I’m setting the date on my calendar for sure next year. It always comes around after I’ve come back from a summer vacation so I’ll put some $$$ aside in advance for next year!

Would love to meet everyone!

Here is where we are placed this week compared to last week in the 30 team league.

Goals Against-49. We are in 11th place. Last week 19th with 42.

Total Points—-21. We are in 16th place. Last week 24th with 16.

Goals For——53. We are in 16th place. Last week 23rd with 40.

Starting to look better folks.
    Thank Gawd for Martin’s defensive style of play!,for putting Plekanic on the point and for playing Gomez out of his funk.!

7. ceedee says:

Okay, full disclosure — Bruins fan here. However, I love HIO because it’s the best hockey chat going, even though it’s tough to read when the B’s play the Habs. Bottom line, while the B’s have been pretty dominant in this 8 game stretch, one look at the Columbus game shows they’re not necessarily the scoring machine they’re being made out to be by NESN, etc. They have a tough time against quick forwards and are susceptible to passing lane breakdowns and giveaways in their own end (especially Lucic). That being said, IMHO it’s a mistake for the Canadien players to try to beat them with the body. The C’s beat the Bruins when they play to their strengths — passing skill and speed. I look forward to a great game tonight.

8. Hobie Hansen says:

Fearless prediction: Either Subban or Emelin levels a Bruin at the blueline and the Bruins players chase one of them around the rink trying to start a fight as a result.

HIO crew sure love their Bruins, don’t they?

• shiram says:

Habs play them tonight, you know?

Randy for HC!

• Hobie Hansen says:

TIMO, I’ve never got behind the idea that every TV personality from Jim Hughson to Pierre MacGuire are anti-Habs.

However, not so much that the CBC is anti-Habs, they do have their head scratching moments though, they are just complete jerks who really offer nothing between periods on Saturday nights.

• Mattyleg says:

I agree that not everyone is anti-Habs, but you did read the thing about Cherry complaining that they were playing images of Price and Subban while he was on, didn’t you?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Psycho29 says:

I had posted it on an earlier thread, I PVRd the game, couldn’t believe it….

I didn’t see it, and while I am surprised he said it, I really can’t be. Amazing how blatantly Cherry hates the Habs. But really it is a feather in our cap, would we ever really want that guy in our corner? I bet he still wakes up at night in cold sweats hearing the Montreal Crowd cheering as Lafleur put that puck in the net… haha is all I can say.

• DorvalTony says:

Milbury Cherry and Stock sure but Hughson and McGuire? LOL

——————————————————————-
        Little giants: Henri Richard, Mats Naslund, Yvan Cournoyer, Aurel Joliat, Howie Morenz, Guy Carbonneau, Newsy Lalonde.

• gauver says:

i don’t think Stock is all-Bruins and anti-Habs. I actually think that he would like to see the Habs succeed and he comments forecfully on those characteristics that he thinks keeps them from succeeding.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

Pierre Mcguire is a “band-wagon” guy, and anti Pierre Gauthier. Jim Hughson is “anti-everything-but-the-Canucks”

“Andrei Kostitsyn is a better hockey player than Max Pacioretty”
        - Sean Bonjovi

• vivsterjuve88 says:

I can’t deny that it seems a lot of commentators and sports-coverage channels in general are anti-habs, but one thing’s for sure; as much as Pierre MacGuire makes me uncomfortable with the weird crap he says, he definitely comes across a Canadiens fan

10. wall2bay says:

The game tonight will not be close…….Habs will take this game by at least 3 goals cuz the B’s play much smaller when they are away from home. Ultimately Julien and his goons will resort to their usual thuggery when the game will be outta reach late into the 3rd.

“I kind of feel sorry for players who never got a chance to be a Montreal Canadien” – Cammalleri

11. JIMVINNY says:

So after starting the season 1-4-2, with a 3.15 GAA and .878 sv%, Price has a gone 7-2-1 over his last 10, with a 1.48 GAA and .943 sv%. I guess his rough pre-season carried over into the regular season this year, but he’s back on track now.

12. HabFanSince72 says:

Help me out here.

You start off with a picture of Zdeno Chara.

People complain about how ugly and repulsive he is.

And so you switch it for one of Claude Julien?

13. edgar_falcon says:

man am i ever excited for this game. sure the habs will probably leave this game with at least 1 more injured player but i think habs will take them out. fearless prediction, habs win 3-1. scores by pleks (2 points) patches and cole

“Don’t get me wrong, I have all the respect in the world for them. They have good players and they’re good at what they do. But playing against them is so boring. They should have to pay for coffee for our fans to help them stay awake.” Higgins (I’m paraphrasing), on the NJ Devils.

• roady says:

Plekanec will not register a point, will be scared shitless, and will leave in the 1st period with a sore turtleneck..sorry, upper body injury…

take your drink to the end of the bar buddy…come on now, don’t be a fool…

14. J_P says:

Does habs inside out love the bruins or something? Does anyone on this site really care what julien, bergeron and chara think about Sid the kid coming back? always photos of them on this site, and now their opinions on a matter not in any way, shape, or form related to the habs…I dont get it.

The boys are going to put an end to the bruins winning streak tonight, and than tomorrow the only bruin photos i want to see on this site are ones of tim thomas getting lit up!

• shiram says:

I guess it’s about where the reporters are, they are in Boston, we get videos from the Bruins.
      They do seem to rub it in some though.

Randy for HC!

• Gerry H says:

Erm, the video is from Brossard…

• shiram says:

Still applies, they have Bruins player available, we get Bruins videos.

Randy for HC!

• Dave Stubbs says:

Here’s the deal, folks:

I was at the Bell Centre this morning shooting video. Pat Hickey was in Brossard without video capability. We can either use nothing in video form, which is a disservice to the site and its readers, or use the Bruins today. Not like we have a shortage of the home team here. Mike Boone will shoot and upload video from the Habs room post-game. Pretty simple: if you don’t want to see the Bruins video, don’t play it.

By the way: Saturday I’ll have Sidney Crosby video. You’ve been warned!

Dave Stubbs

Hockey Inside/Out
            Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
            • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1
            • Email: dstubbs@montrealgazette.com

• Mattyleg says:

Crosby?!
            Aaaggghhh!
            (gouges out eyes)

Ahh. That’s better.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• J_P says:

Hmmmmmmmmm no video? Bruins video? No video? Bruins video…. No videos would have worked for me, I didnt watch them anyway. Like I said, I could care less what a bunch of goons think about sidney crosby. I just find it ridiculous that it even gets posted here.

15. sag says:

I commented about the jerks during Eddy’s moment of silence yesterday and JD does as well below. Truly embarrassing behavior. When I got home and watched the game again on PVR, you couldn’t hear either those outbursts or the occasional faint boos during the US anthem.

16. Sportfan says:

SO i am curious say everyone is healthy after Christmas Ak White Return up front and Campoli, Markov, Spacek and Gill no others injuries what happens to out roster forward and defensive lines?

17. bleedhabs81 says:

Price named 1st star… probably the first time in his career where he doesn’t deserve all the credit.

18. Mattyleg says:

Okay, so here it is:
    I now love Scott Gomez.
    Hurley’s on Saturday night after the game was my Room 101.

Not being able to attend the charity raffle on Saturday, I entrusted (some might have said foolishly, including HiB himself, who actually said it) my raffle tix to HabinBurlington and his lovely wife. In the post-game celebrations at said Irish pub, I was presented with my prize by a grinning platoon of the flushed-with-victory-and-alcohol-but-mostly-victory-but-mostly-alcohol Commentariat.

That’s right, an autographed away jersey, sporting Gomez and 91 on the back, generously donated by Saku’sEvilTwin (Paul), who tried to get it back off me.
    This to the guy (me) who spent the game missing all Gomer’s good work and fuming over his mistakes. I admit, I had the filter lenses on, but those are NO LONGER.

The way I figger it; the only way I can ever have the opportunity to wear that jersey on the outdoor rink with a modicum of pride and save it from being stashed in the bottom of a closet is if Scott of the Arctic starts to play well. And as a result, I am determined to be his number one cheerleader/brainwasher.

Here’s to the Habs’ real #1 Center!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

19. TOP DAWG says:

Test? The Habs have beaten the Bruins in back to back games so far. Well almost back to back.

“If you’re not the TOP DAWG, the view never changes”

20. DorvalTony says:

Maybe la Colon will be in the press box to watch his boy and see PK splatter him like Marchand.

21. G-Man says:

So is this the night when Chara and Lucic run into each other, giving themselves well-earned career-ending injuries? One can only hope that will come to pass, and the sooner the better.
    Otherwise, a lop-sided Habs win would be very nice.

22. Thomas Le Fan says:

We need to skate circles around them, score early and often and ignore the goon squad, kill them on the PP. I know this is unpopular with those who want bleeding Bruins all over the ice but it is the way this team is going to win.

Go Habs!

23. Chris says:

I’m as happy for Carey Price as anybody here after his second straight First Star of the Week from the NHL. After a sluggish start to the season, he’s been great and is cementing his status as one of the top-5 goalies in the league.

But was Carey Price REALLY the first star of the NHL last week? I don’t even think he was the first star on the Habs. He had back-to-back shutouts, but in neither game was he particularly a difference maker because the team in front of him was so dominant.

This is one of those all-too-frequent cases where the 3-stars have become based on stats instead of on-ice performance. Tomas Plekanec had 6 points in 4 games last week and was, in my estimation, the most important Hab. Erik Cole had 6 points in 4 games and has helped invigorate the Habs ailing power play; he was skating well all week and was dictating the play while on the ice. Josh Gorges led an inexperienced defence corps that surrendered 42 shots combined in Price’s two victories (74 shots in 3 games overall), with very few being particularly threatening. Gorges even blocked 13 shots along the way, or about 1/3 as many shots as Price stopped per 60 minutes last week. :)

This isn’t intended as a swipe at Price, who has clearly stolen points for the Habs this season, but more my perception of an over-emphasis on goaltender performance in recent years.

• G-Man says:

I didn’t agree with him being a star on Saturday, but what can you do? When the fans vote, it’ll pretty much always be the same few players.

• Mattyleg says:

Although I agree with you about the fan voting for the three stars being a joke, the NHL stars aren’t a fan vote.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• bleedhabs81 says:

I know what you are saying, the team played great in front of him… but, it is hard not to give a star to a goalie who posts a shut out (albeit an easier one)

• Chris says:

Isn’t it mandatory in Montreal that the first star go to the goalie if there is a shutout? I thought I heard that a shutout was an automatic 1st star, as was an overtime winning goal. But then I saw that Price was only the 3rd star against Carolina.

• DorvalTony says:

Yep, those were both Magic Baby Day presents from the team. Time for him to reciprocate tonight (and more often).

——————————————————————-

• habs-hampton says:

I love it when he gets a shutout (or even a win) and doesn’t HAVE to be a star to get it.

Time’s up, JM must go!

• avatar_58 says:

Cole has been the habs best player for weeks now. The guy is a beast

• Chris says:

Agreed.

Like the Hamrlik deal, part of me worries about how Cole will look in 4 years time. But Hamrlik played well throughout his entire contract, so I can only hope that Cole does the same.

I’ve absolutely loved watching Cole this season. Like many others, I’ve been very surprised by just how fast he is.

• avatar_58 says:

I wouldn’t worry too much. Reality is if need be this team could easily dump Cole, Cammy or Gionta if they weren’t producing. Teams would take a chance on them coming back.

It’s guys like Gomez we’re stuck with

• DorvalTony says:

Amen. What wheels.

——————————————————————-

• The same argument can be made any time a goaltender played well. “Was it really him playing well, or just a product of the team?” Hell, Martin Brodeur’s entire HHOF career can be called into question using this logic.

Price faced 44 scoring chances in 3 games this week to go with his 74 shots against. 14.7/game. That’s actually about average so far this year for the Habs. So while it can’t be said that he had a remarkably difficult week, he excelled in an average week.

Of course it’s not a swipe at Carey, but these NHL weekly stars are always a bunch of BS. That said, this argument only ever gets brought up with goaltenders. If a player floats like crazy and manages to score 5 goals on 5 shots in 3 games, he could be a star of the week despite playing horrible, but no one will question it.

______________________________
      Seriousfan09 has started a Movember team named McPhee’s Irregulars. Donate to him, or me or the team to raise money for a great cause!

• Chris says:

Actually, people question point totals all the time (Grabovski? Sergei Kostitsyn?), so it isn’t just the goaltenders. Give us some credit here. For example, I also saw that Marc-Edouard Vlasic picked up an NHL star for his 1 goal and 6 assist performance, but I also have a had time buying that he created much. I’ll leave it to Sharks fans to debate that one.

Regarding Price, 44 scoring chances on 3 games just demonstrates how ludicrous that statistic is. For those who don’t know, ANY shot, regardless of how hard, from inside a prescribed zone of ice is designated as a scoring chance by the folks that are keeping track of that. This is a huge problem with that statistic…it is an attempt to objectively quantify something that is inherently subjective.

I could take a slapshot on Carey Price from between the hashmarks and can absolutely assure you that unless Price has a complete brain fart, it will not be a scoring chance. That is how bad my shot is with two herniated discs in my back. I make Scott Gomez look good. But under the current definition that people are using, it would be a scoring chance. Meanwhile, a one-timer by Yannick Weber or P.K. Subban off a cross-ice feed on a PP from above the circle is NOT a scoring chance unless it goes in the net. That is a massive flaw in the scoring chance statistic that you cite, and the primary reason why I don’t put much faith in it.

Watching the games last week, there is no way in this world that Carey Price faced 42 possible goals. Not buying it even one iota. He was very good in the Buffalo game (except the shootout, but that is a crapshoot) and basically could have written his memoirs during the Carolina and Rangers games.

• Therein lies the problem, you’re projecting your own subjective view of the game onto an objective matter.

And if Weber or Subban get off a one timer from the top of the circle it’ll be a scoring chance.

What you’re asking for in regards to scoring chances is something that would have absolutely no value. As soon a a recorded stat becomes subjective, it’s useless. That’s why giveaways are such a terrible stat in the NHL.

And like you said, your shot makes Gomez look good, so your own point is completely irrelevant. If your shot is that bad, what’s the point of bringing it up? Every shooter in the NHL has a better shot, so the odds of them having a scoring chance from the situation you described is much better.

You’re also committing the exact error that you get annoyed with other people for, you’re dismissing what other people have objectively recorded because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

As for Grabovski and Sergei, let’s do each other a favour and ignore the 10% of people who will always make excuses no matter what.

______________________________

• Chris says:

Regarding the top of the circle example, it wouldn’t be labelled a scoring chance by Olivier at “En Attendant les Nordiques” if he uses the picture he showed in an interview over at Lions in Winter this past summer.

It is an interesting argument you used here…you accused me of projecting my own subjective view of the game onto an objective stat but don’t acknowledge the inherent subjectivity of the scoring chance statistic in its present form. Somebody (or in this case, a group of interested fans) have arbitrarily determined that a shot on goal (an objective stat) is not a scoring chance unless it is taken from within an arbitrary area of the offensive zone. You don’t see that as subjective?

I understood their rationale…they based it on the speed of an average shot and the reaction time of the average human. That is all well and dandy, but the reality is that with a guy hooking you, you don’t always (or, in reality, very often) get off a shot as powerful as the average shot in the “dirty areas” of the ice. In fact, those shots are often about as powerful as my slapshot in that they dribble in towards the goalie. Hence why I brought up my pitiful slapshot. In Olivier’s case, he gives himself some subjective leeway and eliminates shots that wouldn’t trouble the goaltender. That is patently absurd and essentially negates the idea that the shot was a “scoring chance”. And what are the criteria? You’re knocking me for my subjectivity, but cite a statistic collected by one individual whose subjectivity is beyond reproach?

After your article on advanced statistics, I’m assuming you have read up on how that statistic was calculated, so I’m not really sure how you are able to tell me it is not a subjective stat with a straight face. It has nothing to do with whether it “fit my narrative”…it has everything to do with the idea that it doesn’t fit reality. I watched those games this week, and you did too. And, without the benefit of statistics, I don’t think either of us would try to argue that Price had anything approaching his average workload this week. So once again, if the statistics tell us something different than our eyes, which are we to believe? The reality of our eyes, or the narrative of the numbers? Especially when those numbers are so clearly inherently flawed in their definition.

I’ve always enjoyed the statistics side of the game. But some of those statistics are inherently flawed. Your example of giveaways/takeaways is a good one…it is subjective and, as evidenced by the huge variability across the league, inconsistently applied. But the scoring chance statistic as it is currently being calculated is equally flawed and therefore dubious. I rarely discuss the giveaway/takeaway statistic and have campaigned about the silliness of that statistic for a very long time on this site. I happen to believe the scoring chance statistic is questionable as well…it is certainly better than the other two, but it is still horrifically flawed in my estimation.

Sorry for the late reply…been working on my thesis. Dealing with some statistics, as it turns out. ;)

• SmartDog says:

Stranger things have happened, but I agree with all of this. Good post.

————————————-
        Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

24. Habsssssssswin says:

Lucic and that moronic grin …..
    Marchand and his Linseman like obnoxious post whistle B.S. ….
    We need an enforcer Pierre, maintenant !!! It’s wrong when your toughest, strongest and most fearless player is your goalie.
    Oh, Knuckes , Fergie, Big Bird where art thou ?
    I respect the fact our Habs have speed, finesse, style and grace, but
    I want our opposition to respect these and our toughness, too !!

If you can’t beat’em in the alley … well, you know .

GO HABS !!!

25. SPATS says:

Bruins have to know that they’ve been teflon for about a year now with the brass. They’ve been playing inspired hockey in November and like the Rangers, they are about to face a true test in a hostile environment. They will tread lightly and if we can win the faceoff battle, we will prevail. Go Habs. Pretty stoked for this one!

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

26. habs-hampton says:

I opened up HIO and thought it was one of those gag sites, where you follow a maze and then when you make a mistake a horrible picture pops up, you know, the ones that make the kids cry!

Time’s up, JM must go!

27. geo_habsgo says:

Here’s a pretty neat article about Crosby’s return. Bylsma sounds like a pretty awesome coach. He seems like he’s really got the pulse of his team and actually seems concerned for Crosby beyond the normal coach-player relationship. I like the teams like this and the Habs that seem to have a good locker room. Who knows, maybe Jaques Martin has some good inside jokes with his players (probably not).

28. Habsolutely says:

Just got back from vacation and checked out the highlights of the Habs/Rags game on saturday. Looked like a fun game to watch, Carey is on a roll and really asserting himself as one of the top goalies in the NHL. Looking forward to watching the Habs beat the Bruins tonight on the scoreboard, where it counts.

29. Hobie Hansen says:

On to tonight’s game.

The Bruins are back to their old tricks, fighting, shooting their mouths off and new to this year’s game plan, running star goaltenders.

So we all know there is no way Moen is going to beat up Chara at center ice or that there is any possibility of us winning the physical end of the contest or coming out on top of the after the whistle activities.

So along with the Habs, I’m going to swallow my pride and accept the fact that we’re better off putting or heads down and concentrating on the next shift, if the Bruins are going to try and turn the tide by taunting and intimidating us.

That doesn’t mean that i can’t be angry at Gauthier for not addressing our need to get tougher over the summer but to blame the coach or the players is stupid.

Good luck tonight and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that on our way to victory we don’t suffer any serious injuries or beat downs along the way.

• DorvalTony says:

Moen (God bless ‘im) couldn’t even take on Thornton. Maybe hope for a draw or wrestling match with Gianni Girlchuk or McQuaid et al. There’s more than one way to get Chara off his game. Max showed that, Lapierre too. Death by a thousand hacks. Taunts. Bumps. Pushes. Chara’s got a short fuse and has cost his teams when he loses it. Push him. Bug the hell out of him.

——————————————————————-

30. JD_ says:

The Br00nz were eventually gonna figure it out and eventually they did; it’s not like Recchi and Ryder were the heart and soul of the team. Presumably, the Habs are in good shape after two solid shutouts bookendin’ the Long Island Iced Traves-Tea™, in particular given another week where the Habs will be playin’ 27 back-to-backers, includin’ matchups agains the Bobby Clobbers and Sidney Crosbys.

The wankers from Beantown have across-the-board scorin’, includin’ four guys with 20%+ shootin’ percentages, and a sophomore who is 12th overall in points and a solid 2nd in league +/-.

I’m not an NHL head coach – I just play one on the Intrawebz – but I’ll really stick my neck out there and modestly suggest Price may very possibly get the start. With so many guys on fire, all the Br00nz potentially need is the Rags’ Saturday night relative shot count. Big money game for big money goaltenders.

The Flyers game should be a real treat given it will be one of those cherished Friday afternoon bouts that just screams tradition. I’m assumin’ the NHL is accommodatin’ some schedulin’ conflict with a Philadelphia Union – Montreal Impact friendly ahead of the latter’s entry into the MLS.

And then there’s the return of a healthy Sidney Crosby on Saturday night. It says somethin’ when his prolonged absence was the basis for PM Harper’s very recent written comments openly slaggin’ the NHL’s leadership.

As expected, an exceptionally good time at the Summit®. Thanks again to Ian, a truly thoughtful and resourceful individual – and, frankly, visceral anti-thesis to the Bell Centre buffoons who can’t clam up for even a mere ten seconds to honour the passin’ of one of the good guys – who scheduled a full day that, once again, overshadowed the previous year’s solid effort. Thanks also to Shane for givin’ Ian a hand.

Lots of old faces, lots of new, great discussion, high-quality humour, and ridiculous raffle prizes – I walked away with a st00pidly generous gift after watchin’ some elderly gentleman, who I later confronted in a violently aggressive and hostile manner, snatch the game-worn Price jersey – and a great effin’ game. Even a few cute-as-a-button newborns undergoin’ some very important post-natal indoctrination were on hand.

At the end of the night, I opted for the Metro™ ride from Lucien-L’Allier to Cote-Vertu before grabbin’ a taxi. After takin’ the 45 escalators down into the lower mantle of the earth’s crust, and droppin’ off the oxygen tanks for some trapped Chilean miners, I walked along the platform, stoppin’ only to peer at an abandoned, shiny red box sittin’ on the bench.

It was partially mangled with the kind of mangle one only sees when the turnstiles come out ahead.

31. piter says:

The Bruins will be headhunting tonight, we’ll have to keep our heads up. I predict 3-2 Habs. Cammy, Patches, and Weber.

32. habMAINEac says:

I absolutely hate the Bruins with a passion. I live in a state where I am surrounded by their fans. Believe me when I say it’s a non-stop battle for me here everyday (especially at work). My CH flag which hangs over my cube wall draws daily critism and ridicule showing it’s achieving the original goal of being a thorn in their eyes :)
    That said, I must reluctantly admit they do have a good team. And no matter how we feel about their methods, their record speaks for itself. They’re big, fast and skilled. Our beloved Habs have the speed and skill…just need some size now.
    I have $10 riding on this game. Hoping my Habs will buy me lunch tomorrow.

Mediocre teams work at their best; teams seeking excellence strive to do better.

• nejad123 says:

haha i get crap from school to dad

I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
      Muhammad Ali

33. bleedhabs81 says:

A third shutout for Carey tonight???

Personally, I am curious to see if Max Pac plays his game tonight. Last time, he seemed a little out of it (almost invisible the last time they played the bruins).

Yah, not sure any of us can identify with him what it is like to share the ice with Chara again.

Would be great to watch Max fill the net tonight.

We have our good luck charm at the game in Shane. Problem is if team keeps winning with him in Montreal, we are going to have to put the collection plate around in order to fund this guy while he stays there.

34. RetroMikey says:

We’re going to get our butts kicked by a bigger and stronger team.
    Hate to be a Weber, Gionta, Plekanec, Gomez or Camallerri to name a few who face these goons tonight.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

35. canadiens26 says:

That is an awful picture to look at. Man is that guy ugly.

36. SmartDog says:

Go Habs. Bruins suck. May the fastest skating team win!

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

The only thing that can make this hated rivalry more exciting is if Chris Lee and Tim Peel call the game.