Change in I/O posting policy

Please note that from now on you’ll need to be registered at Habs Inside/Out in order to have your comments appear automatically on the site. Anonymously posted comments will be subject to moderator approval before they appear.

It’s easy and free to register. We require only your username and a valid email address. Simply click on the "Login or Register" tab atop this page.

We hope this makes Inside/Out a more pleasant experience for everyone who joins us. Thanks.

1. FastRonnie says:

Thanks Dave and co. the site is getting better and better. Good effort to deter some troublemakers.

2. Cable Guy says:

Did anyone check out the power ranking on tsn.ca site? Habs are #2 right behind sens. IF we beat the Sens tonight we should be one on the list next week. Pretty cool.

3. Habs-Fan says:

I love this site.
    Thanks to all who make it happen.
    The Class of the organization also extends to it’s media coverage.
    Looking forward to the next Puckcast especially after a win tonight.

4. caper_5 says:

Awesome job Dave! Now let’s see if we can hand the Senators their first back to back loss this year!!

I also appreciate the fact that Dave Stubbs (from The Gazette) takes the time to check/monitor the site and add his comments. The feedback is great!

6. teamplayer says:

huet vs gerber

can we still give out scores? or is that for the moderators only?

7. ZepFan2 says:

Great news!

Now there will be less (hopefully) troll posts for me to read thru.

Go Habs Go !!

8. Jay_in_PA says:

Well done–a welcome measure of noise reduction.

9. Naila Jinnah says:

I’m glad! Makes everyone accountable for their comments too ;)

10. nightmare_49 says:

Looks like a wise solution to me, thanks.

11. Mr.Hazard says:

WHOS STARTING IN NETS TONIGHT?

Ex nihilo nihil fit

12. WindsorHab-10 says:

Fair, sweet and to the point. I like it.
    GO LARRY & GO HABS!!!!!!!!!!!

13. cautiousoptimist says:

darn right – if a poster isn’t willing to stand behind his or her words, they’re probably not worth posting.

14. carmine007 says:

Naila I total agree!

Ruogh game last night especially on the night they retire # 19

15. Chorske says:

Haha, I like the idea of a penalty box. Maybe it could be on the side of the page, and people get put in the box for breaking the rules: two minutes for mentioning you-know-who or Kopitar. Hopefully with the new process we’ll see a lot less of that.

Thanks guys, this is a great page. Makes me feel at home even when I’m a million miles away here in NY.

16. Ed says:

I have to agree with Ian Cobb above. Now that the bugs seem to be ironed out, I think that the site is much better than before. Also, I am always noticing new things, like a little “new” in red telling me that the post is new to me in that I have not seen it before. Also, it’s great not to have to see posts by certain trolls, or whatever they were. CONGRATULATIONS to HIO for a great job well done. Of course, we expect nothing less. You have us spoiled.

17. The Ian Cobb says:

If they let me post,being the literary genious that I am, anyone should be able to. Registering is a very good idea for a host of reasons.
    I for one would like to have desent fun with other team fans on this site,I think it could be encouraged now that every one registers. A misconduct will now get you a game!

Great Job Men!!!

18. teamplayer says:

yeh i didnt think weve played that well to merit 2nd … but that dude takes stats into consideration alot so, 52sog, 7 goals in one game and a #1 pp seem to help our cause alot.. and a couple of the top teams faltered

19. showey47 says:

great news dave, no more trolls like jfj, pffft etc……

20. Habby67 says:

Damnit I hate it when the Habs lose

21. habs33 says:

Site is looking better and better…and with a Mount Allison graduate running the site you can’t go wrong! HI/O continues to be top notch. I personally love the new commenting procedure, etc.

Well done, lads

22. christophurrr says:

someone took my username again >:C

23. Plek-Andrew says:

PLEK-ANDREW RETURNS!!!

I rock, don’t I.

24. bunny laroque says:

Thanks Dave, on behalf of all true habs fans.

25. ClaytonM says:

That was my 2nd pick for a picture. Good call, Habs-Fan

26. piche says:

Sweet picture… that and the Family guy one are my favorites.

27. G-Man says:

Considering some of the comments I’ve seen, I am glad there are no more anonymous trolls and idiots of that ilk allowed to post. Way to go HIO. Can’t wait for tonight’s ceremony!
    Gilbert

28. kevin m says:

Censorship?

29. Dave Stubbs says:

Not censorship in the least. Anyone can post provided they register at no cost. If they choose not to do that, I can only ask: Why wouldn’t they? All we hope to do is reduce spam and other nonsense and keep the Inside/Out experience enjoyable for as many as we can.

Dave Stubbs

Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette

30. kevin m says:

Let me start by saying that I love this site & I read almost every post. I may only post once or twice on any given thread but I enjoy reading them all.

The only reason I mention this is because, yesterday, I responded to an “anonymous” post regarding the Habs not drafting Getzlaf, Stastny or Kopitar and it was deleted along with his/hers.

I had only alluded to the fact that during the 1994 entry draft Daniel Alfredsson was passed over by every team at least once, and he may, arguably, be a candidate for the Hart Trophy this year. So, it would be unfair to incessantly harp on the Habs not drafting one of these players.

I don’t recollect saying anything offensive, off-color or abusive; but, my post was deleted nontheless.

Just an obervation.

Hope the Habs Whallop the Sens tonight.

Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. kevin m says:

Chorske

Thanks for your comments. It’s comforting to know that others have similar experiences.

Yes, the picks during the ’90’s have been brutal but I think that things are changing since the Habs drafting philosophy has been amended. Going after the best players available instead of purposely trying to fill position needs. Looks like it’s working.

32. Chorske says:

LOL, be thankful your reply was deleted. I replied to the Getzlaf guy and my post was left hanging there as a bizarre non-sequitur within the thread.

It’s fun to go on wikipedia and look at the draft results going back about 15 years or so. Many of the dominant players today are nowhere near the top 10. The first round is often peopled with “where are they nows”- I liked what someone in another thread said, that drafting is part art form, part lottery.

It is hard to suppress a small shudder, looking through the Habs picks through the 90s. URGH.

33. Dave Stubbs says:

Team effort, Grabs, something called living and learning as we go. I hope this is a good solution for all. People will still post anonymously, but those comments will appear only once they’ve been reviewed, when we have time to review them.

Dave Stubbs

Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette

34. Grabs says:

That’ll do the trick, a good way to make it easier to know who is posting nonsense is to look for the word Getzlaf. ;)

35. longbow says:

You got that right.

36. El Guapo says:

Culo grande!

37. Scotty90 says:

38. JasonM says:

Thank you Dave, no more anonymous Maple Leaf fan trolls. :)

GO HABS GO

39. krob1000 says:

I like that too……Maple Laughs will now have to register on a Canadiens fan site. Can you say blackmail.

40. Dave Stubbs says:

Honestly, we’re delighted to have anyone join us at Inside/Out. Lots of room for Leafs fans, too. But some people who arrive with nothing in mind but stirring things up among our guests might think twice if they have to register with an email address and leave a digital footprint.

There are lots of Internet playgrounds full of bullies and those who do their best to incite others. We’d like not to be one of them.

Dave Stubbs

Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette

41. Grabs says:

Well done Dave, this will make HIO a much friendlier place. Congratulations on getting things done your way, it should have been like this all along.

42. Sulemaan says:

Thanks for this Dave et al. It’s appreciated.

43. PeterStone says:

Exellent … hopefully, that will bring up the levels of posts to what it was earlier … and minimize the mind numbing banter that I have seen of late !!

44. drecha says:

Another welcomed addition, or should I say Subtraction to an excellent web site!
    GoHabsGo!!!

45. Ed says:

Excellent! Now I can make my first official post. I look forward to joining the discussions.

46. Habby67 says:

Hello all. I think we should pull a 76 move and bring up the thugs for the next time we play the Bruins! I think O’Byrne could tune up a few of those Big Bad Bruins….

47. Kevin says:

O’byrne: not a thug. Didn’t he fight during preseason… and as I recall it did not turn out well at all!

48. Kevin says:

I don’t know if its just me, but is it a bit harder to read the comments since the site changed? I’ve been trying to figure out what it is for the past week, and I think maybe its the font. Maybe its just me…