Canadiens undefeated in 2010-’11!

They don’t face Jaro until March 10.

In St. Louis.

More highlights from the schedule:

• Holiday road trip is to Colorado, Dallas, Carolina, the Island, Washington, Tampa Bay and Florida. Six games in 12 days. Brutal.

• The western swing is in February: Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver

• December is a bitch. In addition to the long road trip, four sets of back-to-back games. And from the 10th to the 16th, at Detroit, at Toronto, home to Philly and Boston.

• Fifteen sets of back-to-backers.

• Longest homestand: four games in November.

• Nine road games in March, six at home.

•  Four of the last five games on the road, ending at the ACC on April 9. And the only home game in that stretch is against Chicago on April 5.

• Of seven pre-season games, five are at the Bell Centre. Road games in Ottawa and Quebec City.

•  •  •

Nathan Horton to Boston, and Roland Melanson is Roberto Luongo’s new goaltending coach.

1. ed lopaz says:

plekanec is an idiot if he signs. he should wait til July 1, get all of his offers in a pile, and then pick Montreal if that’s the one he wants.

2. TomNickle says:

Bruins get Horton and Gregory Campbell for Dennis Wideman, 15th overall pick and another pick.

Congratulations Dale Tallon, your rebuild is officially under way and you’re off to a great start.

Peter Chiarelli, thank you for passing on the chance to make that 15th overall pick another top 5 pick.

Doesn’t speak to highly of Burke that Chiarelli was able to suck him in.

3. Bryan says:

Have to agree.  I woulda loved him on our 2nd line, but then again, I’d love half the league to play on our 2nd line.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

4. Storm Man says:

He is doing a good job with Boston and sometimes you need a little luck to be good.

Tony. The Habs are heading for the draft lottery. That’s why BG stepped down. The Molsons told him that they want to follow the Black Hawk/Penguin/Capital route. BG didn’t want that on his conscience.

They traded Halak because he basically turned their 11th pick into a 27th. 2-3 years of tanking will start the franchise back on the path to building a contender. Everyone will bitch and moan for the next 3 years in 4-5 all the bandwagon jumpers will be back.

6. Rugger says:

Don’t know anything about G. Campbell, but Wideman and a ist rnd pick for Lucic 2.0?

7. SmartDog says:

Pleks is Gomez but younger and cheaper and more of a team player.  He plays in EVERY situation and puts up more points. Gomez is on the downhill side of his career, is an over priced prima donna, and can’t score.   To me it’s easy.

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

8. TripleX says:

Nick Kypreos says the Habs are putting the finishing touches on a long term deal for Pleks.   Wonder how much it is for if Pleks is willing to forgo free agency?

“Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

9. Bryan says:

Yeah I personally think it makes more sense for EDM to draft Seguin for that reason. But I think Hall’s just too good to pass up.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

10. mike g says:

Personally, I like to go see the weaker teams….

Last year I baught tickets for the Islanders and the Blues.

First of all, you’ll never have trouble finding seats for those games, because they don’t sell out quickly. So even if you get into the room 2-3 hours later, you can usually be happy that you found tickets without sweatting.

2nd, they’re weaker teams so the Habs have a better chance of winning. I’d rather pay 500$ and see my favorite team win, score about 4-5 goals, have a blast and get drunk. Don’t get me wrong, going to see them against tougher teams is great, but chances are higher they lose than against those other teams. And when you get totally busted on beer, the drive home after you spent $500 to see your team lose, well it just sucks, lol…

3rd, the weaker teams usually have some nice prospects to see live in action. I have nothing against the big stars, but I found it great to see young/high draft picks like Tavares, Oshie, Perron, etc… live in MTL for the 1st time.

So if I were you and I was flying in to watch a game, pick a weaker team with some good young prospects. You’ll pay less for the tickets, and they’ll actually be available to buy if you ever get into the purchasing room.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

11. Bryan says:

Bah!  You beat me Harani! 🙂

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

12. Bugs says:

Oh why couldn’t we get Horton? Boo-hoo.

(And tomorrow, some other guy will go some to some other place) Oh, why couldn’t we get that guy? Boo-hoo.

(And day after, some other goof will get signed by some other clowns) Oh, why couldn’t we get THAT guy? Boo-hoo-hoo.

Cuz we can’t have 67 players on the dang team, that’s why!

Jeez, every time, every player gets signed or traded “Oh, why couldn’t WE get him, boo-hoo-hoo, our management sucks…” Pathetic. Pull yourselves together, please.

Horton? I mean, Horton? Really? That’s the solution to all our problems? Horton?

Ferpetessakes…

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Brotha to the Man with the Plan, Product-runnin Lead Houndogg with the Voodoo Flannel Posse, and Pimp Extraordinaire of Habsbros Mama Jones Snow Cones, muthafugga: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

13. Bryan says:

Hmmm… and Nick Kypreos saysss:

UFA Mathieu Darche re-signs in
    Mtl and hearing final touches are finishing up soon for Tomas Plekanec
    on a new long term deal.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

And you’re doing?

15. Harani says:

Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell for Dennis Wideman, 15th Overall pick and another pick. Good deal for Booins.

And on Twitter: @RealKyper:…hearing final touches are finishing…Plekanec on new long term deal

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

16. The Cat says:

Well he is right. Id hardly say the bruins got humiliated.

17. Rugger says:

Interesting, don’t care for Wideman but him plus a mid first round is a bit rich.

18. RJB says:

Man…my post was sarcasm, in tribute to fans such as you

19. TripleX says:

TSNBobMcKenzie

Horton and Gregory Campbell for Dennis Wideman, 15th overall pick and another draft pick. Done.

20. nickster13 says:

You mean theyll have Hall. Edmonton would be wise to pick a center like Seguin to compliment all those scoring wingers.

21. Bryan says:

Bob McKenzie

TSNBobMcKenzie

Horton and Gregory Campbell for
    Dennis Wideman, 15th overall pick and another draft pick. Done.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

22. Rugger says:

TSN says Horton & another panther for one Bruin, hmm who would it be?

23. nickster13 says:

give the man some credit.. Boston looks good heading into next year… Who was the passer in Florida, weiss? now he has savard and krejci, 2 solid playmaking centers.

24. SmartDog says:

Yeah I guess that’s lucky because my son doesn’t really care who we’re playing.  It’s all new to him so better it be a game where tx aren’t hard to come by.

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

25. Puck Bard says:

Please… PLEASE. I’m begging you, don’t engage Tony.

26. Bryan says:

I bet Boston traded away one of their 3 centres (either Bergeron or Krecji) since they know they’ll have Seguin at the draft.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

27. nickster13 says:

Meh as much as a dislike the bruins, you cant argue the future is promising with a healthier Savard and Krejci plus more goal scoring, blue chip prospects, an improving upon already solid Rask and a good leadership core. I wish the habs could trade teams and management with them at this moment, plus or minus a couple players of course

28. likehoy says:

i guess luuuuuuuuuuuuuu is going to suck some more.

29. Bryan says:

His favourite player is Price?  That has to be some kind of joke, right?

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

30. Habsrule1 says:

How about nice & early this year….October 16th against the sens.

But then, do we want to play the sens in the Summit AND the Mini-Summit in Ottawa? Probably not.

Speaking of which, contact me any time if you’re interested in the Mini-Summit in Ottawa. It will be Saturday, October 23rd!

Go Habs Go!! “Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

31. adam76 says:

Thanks, Toronto.

32. likehoy says:

chiarelli’s not a genius…he’s just lucky burke’s a moron.

chiarelli’s just done a sideways move…horton is the middle man between ryder and kessel. chiarelli could have easily kept kessel for the 5.5 million he demanded, had a 40 goal scorer. instead he puts 4.5 million into nathan horton, who may or may not get 30 goals depending how he feels. i take that the bruin’s 2nd first rounder was dealt for horton.

chiarelli’s just trying to make for the mistake of trading their quick sniper kessel. horton’s not a quick guy so there’s no saying if he’ll succeed with the bruins considering they have very few quick skaters on the team which was destroyed by the smaller and quicker richards and briere in the playoffs.

we went 5-1 against the bruins this past year cause we were quicker than them, and to me, nothing’s changed.

33. The Cat says:

Im in total agreement with you.

34. mike g says:

Usually it’s because they’re more expensive..

But alot of red tickets are owned by season ticket holders. The upper level tickets usually go faster, cuz people would rather pay 70$ or so instead of 150$. But in your case, if you get in I don’t see you having any problems because SJ really isn’t a big sell.

It’s not like your trying to get tickets for WSH, PIT, CHI, DET, TOR, BOS, OTT, etc…. SJ is a western team that not many people here follow, so that game probably won’t sell-out until later in the day.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

35. HabFanSince72 says:

I can only imagine the personal hell you live in Tony.

But really, lighten up man.

36. Harani says:

Nathan Horton is apparently a Bruin.

Ans Canucks hire Rolli Melanson to work with Louuu!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

37. avatar_58 says:

Ugg…Horton to Bruins? Am I the only one worried that team is stacking itself….WITHOUT EVEN TANKING? Arg.

38. Storm Man says:

Hmmm so many good games to pick to fly in for 🙂

39. nickster13 says:

meh Darche is the player we should have let go, good on him for this season and all, but like the guy hardly plays..

Gauthier better make a splash somewhere, we need some promise and hope going into next year, status quo minus halak isnt good enough

40. HabFanSince72 says:

Are these the Bruins who just got humiliated in the layoffs?

41. GrimJim says:

Hey Ian, when’s Summit 2010?

I doubt they’ll sell us 50 tickets to the Leafs game Nov 20 so that leaves Sabres (Nov27) Sens (Nov 6) or Canes (Nov 13)

42. nickster13 says:

Bruins just picked up Nathan Horton apparently. see tsn. How is it they swung a deal for him but we couldnt? (terms havent been announced yet). And why did florida give up on him?

For the bruisn though, wow they are gonna be a force real soon, all these 1st round picks next 2 years, plus an already solid core, Chiarelli is a genius

43. Storm Man says:

About the same amount of numbers in Pi would be a good start.

44. SmartDog says:

Hey, that’s my birthday!  You’re the best!

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

45. LatheDog says:

Look on the bright side, this team will learn to become road warriors!!!!

46. SmartDog says:

i’ll try that – thanks.  Just thought I’d mention it here in case.

Are there usually more red tickets left later because they’re expensive?   My son’s birthday is in November.  I’ve taken him a couple times but only in the upper levels.  I want to get really good seats for a game he’ll remember.

————————————————————
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

47. Habsrule1 says:

How can you think Gomez is overpaid and still want the Habs to sign Plekanec? No matter what, Pleks will be overpaid if we keep him. The biggest difference is that Gomez has actually had a very good career with an average of almost 70 points per season, wheras Pleks average is about 50 points, and who knows where it is heading. i wonder how many free agents will sign here once they find out Plekanec is staying….not sure it’ll have the same effect as getting Gomez did.

I am so circling Thu, 10 Mar 2011 on my calendar.

49. ed lopaz says:

Pyatt had the work ethic all along – but I agree about Lapierre. Watching Darche had tp help Lapierre find his game

50. mike g says:

Try go on the Habs site and get some when they go on sale…

I know it’s really tough to actually get some, but it’s worth a try. I know I’ll be trying, and if I get in and there’s only red tickets left, I’ll pick some up for you vs the Sharks and let you know.

Sounds good?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

51. RJB says:

Hey guys, I just wanted to tell you all that this tough-luck schedule is totally Gauthiers fault! But not really, because we all know that Gainey is the real GM! I mean come on, can the front office screw this team up any more? I mean they already made the worst trade in the history of trades in all of sport! It’s almost a week after and I’m still spewing garbage theories about how the front office is trying to ruin the Habs you say? Well thats because it’s true guys and gals! If you don’t believe it, then maybe you need to adjust your tin foil hats!! So yeah, just wanted to come on and keep complaining about how the Habs used to be great, and now managment is ruining them, not even taking into account that parity is the name of the game in the NHL now. Way to go Gauthier aka Bob Gainey, it’s completely your fault we have such a tough schedule! And if anyone tries to call me crazy, I’ll just say I have been a Habs fan for years and just hate to see this once proud team in “shambles” when in reality I just really like to complain!

P.S signing Darche?! Worst signing EVER

52. ed lopaz says:

you see, on HIO, there are a few rules, and you might be breaking some of those rules right now!!.

rule # 1 – never criticize Gainey or Gauthier – they are the best GM’s in the NHL – forget that we haven’t won the cup in 17 seasons – at least we make the playoffs 4/5, or 5/6 or whatever – and what about the other 29 teams? they didn’t win the cup either!!

rule # 2 – the Cap is king rule. Everything is dictated in one way or another by the Cap. Trading for Gomez had to be a good deal – you’re foolish for suggesting otherwise – because his 7.3 million salary was entirely Cap driven; or at least partially cap driven; or….you know what I mean.

Gainey and Gauthier know what they’re doing, its all part of the master plan, and don’t forget it!! :-))

53. GrimJim says:

TSN announcing Scott Neidermeyer will retire

54. SmartDog says:

No way!  I want to get my money worth from that guy!   He better play – and he better freakin’ score a hatrick!

Did you see the picture I posted last year of my son in front of the Gomez banner?

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

55. MasterHab says:

Maybe if the Habs could take care of business between October and the end of March the last game of the season wouldn’t be so damned important.  If you need to play Game #82 every year just to see if you’re going to even make the playoffs then you deserve to get knocked off by the Leafs. I’m so fed up of every year either squeaking into the last playoff spot or just missing the last playoff spot. How about a team that’s good enough to make the post-season by a comfortable margin every year? Is it too much to ask for home ice advantage once in a while? This is what we’ve been reduced to. Back in the day, a Habs fan’s only thought going into the season was “will we win the Cup?”. Now it’s “will we make the playoffs?”

Pathetic.

56. andrewberkshire says:

Hope you get the tickets! Maybe Gomez will be out with the flu for that game and you can be even happier!

57. Corporate says:

That’s what happens when some speaks out of their arse…

58. andrewberkshire says:

Gotta beef up those revenue sharing dollars!

59. SmartDog says:

I didn’t say Darche was a bad signing.  I agree we need these guys.  This one is a little bit iffy, but the price is right and he’s a hard worker.  Hopefully it works out.

As for Gomez – it was a stupid trade then and still is.  I don’t care what value people think MAYBE he brought or whatever. It was a  fiscally dumb move.  Five years of dumb.

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

60. Corporate says:

Well markov was a rock for us but has shown signs of being injury prone. Yes I know every player gets injured but the last one was a legal hit that he just didn’t take well. The habs must start asking questions as who can be our future. If he wants to stay here, go right ahead and sign him. But he has not much in the playoffs, hasn’t won anything, and we didn’t see him after the first round.. of course if we trade him I expect someone of his caliber back.

61. crabvader says:

I’m willing to be Pyatt wouldn’t have been such a sparkplug if Darche hadn’t been around. I also think he helped Lapierre. Laps turned it around big time during playoff time.

I also like this signing.

62. SmartDog says:

Please forgive the small “ad”. I’m looking to buy 2 good tickets for the afternoon game Dec. 4 (2:00 vs Sharks).

I want to take my 7-year-old…. if you have season passes lower down and might sell a pair to me, please let me know!  Thanks!

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

63. Corporate says:

Quite honestly I think this is a good signing. We need those types of players. he played well for us this year and the reason why he didn’t play every game is because we had too many players during our run on the 3rd and 4th lines. Other players have said that he is good with young players. He played his heart out and he wants to play here. For 550,000$ that is a bargain.

Stop critisizing every little move that the Canadiens do. Last year I am sure you were one of the guys that said why did they sign Gomez… 2 days later you got your answer. So give the benefit of the doubt to the Habs.

64. pic1983 says:

“we sometimes put unreasonable expectations on our players”

UNDERSTATEMENT of the century!

65. pic1983 says:

Well if Markov doesnt look committed to signing an extension, I dont think theres a choice really.  As an Elite blueliner, and an undisputed #1 defenseman, Im sure markov could fetch a very nice return.

66. crabvader says:

I swear, schedulers hate the Habs.

The only reason we have almost all those pre-season games at home is probably because we’re the only damn team in the league than can sell them out.

67. SmartDog says:

So we signed Darche – a possible 4th line winger who was benched half the playoffs, and found out we have a crappy schedule.  Nice.

Hopefully that means we’re due some good news.  Like Pleks is signed, or Gauthier has decided to retire and go write a crime novel.

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

68. namgel says:

The only way to keep Laff Fans interested is to give them the last game of the season against us.

You know

“We may suck but if we hurt the Habs playoff seeding then the season was a suck-sess”

That old chestnut.

69. andrewberkshire says:

You mean bone-headed Carbonneau. And fyi Halak was lit up and pulled the game before.

70. nickster13 says:

I agree, we always get a lamely centered schedule. Starting AND ending in toronto is a problem, and why is our home opener always after like 4 games against an obscure team im not sure

71. J Haul says:

Oh come on! This schedule is ridiculous… I was complaining the other day about never getting a home opener as our first game of the season and more specifically starting in Toronto all the time. When we finally do get our home opener, several games into the season, it’s always against some weird, obscure team. My friend’s response was, “well we always finish at home”. Now they’ve taken that away from us too!? First AND last game IN Toronto. This is just so damn absurd.

72. dallyd31 says:

Funny…I didn’t think Gainey was the coach.

73. Mikey_39 says:

If Gauthier trades Markov and doesn’t sign Plecky, I will lose even more faith in the Habs organization.   There is a huge shortage of players we’ve drafted playing successfully for Montreal, and seeing how we’ve just traded yet another player in Halak, I will be very disaapointed if we trade away one of the best defenseman in the NHL and arguably one of the best two way players in the NHL

74. sCOTT1243 says:

As someone also mentioned, why the heck do they have us play the leafs the last game every year?  Ridiculous, I guess that’s the only thing leaf fans have to live for, for the whole season…the chance to knock the habs out.

75. habs001 says:

eller has played 7 games in the nhl yet some posters think he can score 70 points next season …lets be realistic and be happy if he produces 40 points…we sometimes put unreasonable expectations on our players…when pouliot had that 30 game hot streak some posters were stating he will be a 45 goal scorer even though at 23 this was the first time he showed anything in his pro career ….