Canadiens take Tuesday off

gonefishing
And so did HIO … to the great chagrin of certain members of the Commentariat.
Not to worry: Normalcy will be restored on Wednesday, with the Ottawa Senators at the Bell Centre.
The players, who had been away from home for a week, got to spend quality time with their families.
The HIO staff, who flew back from Vancouver on the red-eye Sunday night and live-blogged Habs-Sabres in a sleep-deprived trance,  spent Tuesday curled up in the fetal position and is listed as day-to-day.

Brendan Shanahan was working, however, and he suspended Tyler Myers three games for that dirty and dangerous hit from behind on Scott Gomez during the Monday game in Buffalo.

•  •  •

The Tuesday night sked has some good match-ups, including Toronto at Florida, where the Panthers will try to drive another nail into the Leafs’ coffin.

San Jose at Calgary – Western Conference number 9 vs. number 10 – is huge, as is New Jersey at Philadelphia.

Odds-on to best game of the night: St. Louis at Chicago.

Half the Habs may play at the Worlds

Pierre LeBrun on Crosby coming back

Patrick Holland is hot

1. Saundies says:

How about that Stamkos with another 50 goal year? I remember randomly being up at 2 or 3 in the morning one time flicking through the channels and TSN was showing a Canada Games hockey game, Ontario vs. someone, and Stamkos was Ontario’s captain. All the commentators were raving about how good this guy’s shot was and how he could score goals, so I decided to watch a little bit and keep an eye on him. Ended up watching the whole thing and he scored a couple of times, one of which he buried one from the point on the powerplay with a absolute cannon, and right then and there I knew he was gonna be some kind of player some day. Then he made the juniors, went #1 overall, and the rest is history.

I’m just glad Barry Melrose didn’t ruin him.

2. habstrinifan says:

….. goofed…. sorry!

The Leaf built Tank is starting to take on SuperPower strength. 4-1 Florida.

4. Bozo McBozo says:

Is Gomez still suiting up? If so, we can still catch Columbus!

5. habstrinifan says:

I went back and checked Anaheim’s Stanley Cup roster. Burke is an idiot if he hired Carlyle in Toronto based on that history. The Ducks were stacked. Carlyle probably wont last 2012-2013 with the players on Toronto’s team now.

Given Toronto is now owned by the Media, Bell/Rogers, and given how much great copy Burke gives the media, I don’t see the new ownership in rush to get rid of him.

Islanders take Washington to OT, one point guaranteed.

7. Kimberly2u says:

3-1 Panthers

8. Strummer says:

To my fellow GTA Hab fans-
    Won’t it be a pleasure not to have to look at the annoying Leaf car flags for the 8th year running come April?

____________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

9. habsfan0 says:

Fla 2 Tor 1

Laffs end a 196:26 goal scoring drought.

All good things must come to an end.

10. ProHabs says:

How the heck does Tom Pyatt have 8 goals this year.

11. Adidess says:

Few people remember Thomas was so bad the year before he won the Cup that Boston didn’t know what to do with him and his 4-year contract.

That he was this good last year in the playoffs is still incredible to me. He was impossible to beat. This feels much much better…

12. habsfan0 says:

Fla 2 Tor 0

• Bill says:

If they hadn’t fired the coach I’d swear they were tanking.

Unless they fired Wilson for not tanking ENOUGH. That’d explain Carlye’s performance.

Full Breezer 4 Life

I think the argument could be made that in bringing Carlyle in they are indeed tanking. His system is completely opposite of Wilson, his demands of the players are completely opposite. Once again Burke gets to tell the fans he is doing everything possible to win, he even fired his friend! In reality he is tanking the year to finally perhaps draft a real player, or maybe he wants one more chance to trade a high draft pick for a big name player like Nash. And Leaf Nation will continue to buy it.

• habsfan0 says:

In his tenure as Habs GM, Bob Gainey made some gosh awful moves. But,not resigning Mike Komisarek wasn’t one of them.

You bring up a very interesting situation. Burke not only outbid Gainey for Komisarek, but gave him a complete No Trade Clause and a No Movement Clause. The very conditions he publicly condemned previous Leaf Mgmt for handing out like Candy as he put it. When he traded for Phaneuf he was adamant that the key to the trade wasn’t Phaneuf but rather Keith Aulie. Because of the conditions he gave Komisarek, he cannot move this now unreliable player. So what does he do? He trades his depth dman Aulie in order to augment his truculence at the forward position. His ego is now getting in his way, the moves he made upon first arrival in Toronto are haunting him.

• Bill says:

^^Yeah, he’s really 180d a bunch of times for a guy who supposedly had a plan. He’s in his 4th year … no progress.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Bill says:

I wonder if Nash would even go to TO. Who’s going to centre him? Grabovski?? LOL.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• habstrinifan says:

Carlye and the LEAFS players a re a mismatch. Burke forgot the players he had in Anaheim, most of whom he inherited.

• Strummer says:

By the time Carlyle got there Leafs playoff hopes were on life support.
        Burke was trying save his own skin by sarting a new era with Carlyle.

______________________________________________________
        “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

13. Kimberly2u says:

Nothing makes me happier than to see the almighty Gooins getting their asses kicked…ha ha

14. Adidess says:

I’m not watching Mattyleg, are you serious? Was he yanked and then sent back in net?

15. Kimberly2u says:

That’s too funny Matty…maybe they should put both of them in there..lol

16. Mattyleg says:

HAAAAAAA!!!!
    5-0!
    Marty Turco back in nets!!!
    Too funny and amazing.

I’ve been saaaaved!!
    —Hope Springs Eternal—

17. naweed235 says:

Do we know what Moen’s injury is? Did he also get a concussion due to that Kommisarek hit?
    Also, if god forbids Gomez is injured through out next season, does this completely kill Montreal’s chances of signing Parise as a UFA this summer?

• Bill says:

No, if Gomez were to be injured long-term, he could be put on LTIR and his salary wouldn’t count against the cap. Like Marc Savard (remember him?) in Boston. For the record, I am not wishing a serious injury on Gomez.

No, what kills Montreal’s chances of signing Parise is that he’s a UFA and can sign wherever he wants, which I’m thinking is not Montreal.

Full Breezer 4 Life

18. naweed235 says:

duplicate

19. Kimberly2u says:

Our rich 7 million dollar man now has a concussion

20. Adidess says:

The Leafs with zero goal through almost 3 games now, these guys sure know how to tank! How best to make sure you lose than just not score at all :)

The wife thinks there is something wrong with me. I care about the Leafs not playing well enough to win while I seem to deal fine with my own team losing. It’s really weird, isn’t it?

——————————————–
    I want a top pick. It would really suck to suck this bad all year and have suckers like the Leafs outsuck us down the stretch and suck away our draft pick.

Go Isles. Go Leafs. Go Wild. Go Canes.

22. Mattyleg says:

Aaaaand Thornton and Commodore just had a staged fight.
    How pointless and pathetic.

I’ve been saaaaved!!
    —Hope Springs Eternal—

23. Mattyleg says:

Holy smokum.
    Bolts airing out the Booins.
    4-0, 5mins left in the 1st.
    This is sweet.

I’ve been saaaaved!!
    —Hope Springs Eternal—

24. novahab says:

What a joke of a league when it comes to these refs. Gomez get creamed fom behind and the refs give Myers two minutes. On top of that he calls a cheap penalty against Patches to even it up. That would have never happen in Montreal, if it was reversed. When the fans boo the refs in Montreal they get even with them. When the fans boo the refs in a American city they get scared and call some for the home team.

25. punkster says:

Another concussion, this time one of our own, while the league says they’ve gone almost as far as they can to eliminate them.

BS. The league, the owners, the GMs have done diddly to eliminate the kind of hit from behind that floored Gomez last night.

We’ve been through this discussion on HI/O over and over…of course rehashing the same arguments ad nauseum is a raison d’etre for this place so why not one more time.

Some suggestions I’ve read from HI/O posters are logical and easily implemented:
    - proper enforcement of the existing rules and penalties by the officials
    - equipment changes
    - stiffening of penalties for any contact with the head apart from accidental (ie. no targeted head shots)
    - zero tolerance on hits from behind

Yes, it’s a fast, tough and sometimes brutal game. Yes, the players get paid well to take their chances. So why not try to make it safer without changing the elements that make it unique? Just how would these simple changes detract from the game?

(I purposely do not include fighting as that particular subject tends to polarize any concussion discussion.)

***Subbang Baby!!!***

26. blu_blanc_rouge says:

Galchenyuk an American born Russian, returns tomorrow night for Sarnia Jrs. after being injured all season. He is ranked in the top 5 this year. Plays centre and measures 6’01 185.
    Considering that he was born in north America and plays this type of game makes him interesting. I don’t think that you can ethnically profile him the way we do with other Russians.

• Mattyleg says:

Who’s this ‘we’, paleface?

I’ve been saaaaved!!
      —Hope Springs Eternal—

• Mark C says:

I am all in on the Galchenyuk bandwagon. Has the most upside of anyone not with a name only seen at Rona.

• Adidess says:

You know what you would be shocked to learn: Malkin wasn’t born in North America. Datsyuk, Ovechkin, Markov. Hmm, maybe we should stop with the thing you call ‘ethnic profiling’

——————————————–
      I want a top pick. It would really suck to suck this bad and have suckers like the Leafs outsuck us down the stretch and suck away our draft pick.

27. Mondou6 says:

Someone mentioned the SAQ in a post down below.

Why don’t they have bags there?

28. Mattyleg says:

Marty Turco looking like a good signing.
    2 goals in 2.5 minutes…

Relax Timmy, I’m sure it’ll be fine…

I’ve been saaaaved!!
    —Hope Springs Eternal—

29. habstrinifan says:

Gonna go watch the Leafs game.. I just know Randy Carlye is gonna blow a fuse sooner or later.. Kessel is goona be sulking under this coach… Burke is gonna look lost…

30. mb says:

And yet another concussion in the NHL. But there’s no issue, right?

Dave Stubbs ‏ @habsinsideout1
    #Habs Gomez is out tomorrow and probably a few more games at least with a concussion from blindside hit by #Sabres Myers

31. RGM says:

Stubbs just tweeted that Gomez is out with a concussion.

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
    “Scott Gomez is an elite NHL player” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

• habstrinifan says:

wow!
      Maybe Shanahan factored that into the 3 games.

• Mr. Biter says:

From last night’s game? Listened on TSN and they never said anything about Gomez getting hit.

Mr. Biter
        No Guts No Glory

• FinnHabs says:

It also looked to me that Myers was pissed off at his collision with Campoli and was definitely thinking about giving it back to someone. There was nothing in the way they collided, but you can see Myers react and hold his face almost like he was trying to get a call from the refs. Seconds later, Gomez happened to be postioned perfectly for him to give the retaliationary hit. Shanahan doesn’t mention this, but I thought it was clear that he wanted to give the next guy he sees a good licking…

32. blu_blanc_rouge says:

For next year, one of Plekanac or Desharnais has to go. I’m thinking it will be Pleki.

33. L Elle says:

Until I joined HIO, the Leafs didn’t even exist for me. Living in Montreal, I have only met 1 real-life Leaf fan, who wasn’t even from MTL.

Reading comments from Hab fans stuck in the GTO was curiously a little-known phenomena to me, known as Sucky Leaf fans. lol

I feel your pain, and will try hard to dislike them. :)

34. sackabooboo says:

Can we really say that the Cole DD Pax line has been “great” when none of them are in the top 30 NHL scorers. Can we really have a #1 centre when none of our centres are in the top 40 NHL scorers. While great on the Habs, that line would be mediocre on any NHL team that has a chance at the Cup. DD, Cole and Pac are all keepers for sure, but let’s put it in perspective. They are good on a pretty poor team.

Pleks’ year has been brutal because he has had brutal line mates. Give him the consistency that DD had all year and he would easily have 54 points. And you get a way better all around player.

This team has a lot of work ahead of them to become contenders.

_______________________________________________________
    Why does something I have no control over have so much control over me….

• Hobie Hansen says:

Correct. Except that Pacioretty is in the top 10 in goals and Cole is well within the top 30. Desharnais is also in the top 20 in points by a center.

• habstrinifan says:

Since the all-star game Pacs is 2nd only to Stamkos in goals… I think that is what tv people said last nite.

Shows line is elie in league after slow start.

35. mb says:

Tyler Myers suspended 3 games. Looks like his first game back will be against the Habs, too.

36. SmartDog says:

Looks like Boone renewed his clipart subscription. :)

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

37. axxerd says:

What are the odds the Habs will send Leblanc back down?

I am driving to St. John’s tomorrow to see the Bulldogs play the IceCaps….and well…there isn’t much talent to be seen on Hamilton I’m afraid!

—-
    Newfoundland’s biggest Habs fan. Hands down.

• Hobie Hansen says:

I’d cancel and go next year.

• axxerd says:

Oh I plan on going next year for sure. I already have my ticket bought however, and I have yet to see an IceCaps game. Oh well..I guess I’ll cheer on Enqvist, Shultz, and Avtsin…? :)

When I used to watch the Bulldogs against the St. John’s Maple Leafs it was a bit more entertaining. WIth Plekanec, Higgins, Ryder, Komisarek, Perezhogin etc..

—-
        Newfoundland’s biggest Habs fan. Hands down.

38. Mr. Biter says:

Did everyone go fishing today?

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

39. Matt says:

I have no problem with the majority of the trades PG has made, I am more irrated by the way he makes deals and handles the media.

40. AK_PK_Usay says:

I did not comment much since AK got traded, as everyone knows i was an ardent supporter of his.

But when people don’t think our management and coaching sucks, they’re in complete denial or lack any hockey sense, feel free to pick which one applies.

If Hal Gill is worth a 2nd round pick this year, plus a prospect, AK is definitely worth more, and got less. So yeah, AK was traded because management here is crap. Has been crap for ages, and quite honestly, if they did not have a monopoly on ALL quebecer players in the past I seriously doubt this team would have won all those cups.

Just look at the billions we get from federal that go into the black whole that is quebec. And trust me i LOVE montreal and quebec and the maritimes, but I don’t deny the corruption, laziness and willingness to steal.

Not too long ago while changing to more energy efficient windows the contractor suggested I pay cash for a better deal. Went to COSTCO, got a decent deal and tried not to throw the next generations future under a bus.

• AK_PK_Usay says:

Ohh yeah, in recent years SAQ feels it could increase its profits by expanding in the states, LMAO, they will fail soooo miserably, their management gets bonuses when none would survive working in the private sector.

The only reason SAQ makes profits is because it has a government enforced monopoly. For anyone who lives in Gatineau, is there anyone who buys at SAQ, or crosses the bridge to Ontario for more selection at cheaper prices. just pathetic.

• Garbo says:

18 year olds from both sides of the river ;)

• bleedhabs81 says:

I crossed a few times when I lived in Ottawa, but found that the stuff I wanted was not much cheaper (and not worth the drive)

So… I went and moved to Alberta where they are privately owned and have decent sales (but the beer is more expensive at regular price, go figure)

• Matt says:

I do like AK46 but I think it was time to move on given his inconsistencies.

He is showing his talent now but it will eventually start to decline and Nashville won’t sign him and he’ll be a UFA.

• AK_PK_Usay says:

Hmm, inconsistent players don’t score 20 goals season in season out for 3.25 million…

He will get an offer before he goes UFA. What bothers me, he clearly said he would take a pay cut to stay in Montreal.

Habs WILL NOT sign any player for under 3.25 mil that scores 20 every year.

BTW, cole costs 4.5 + a 5 million signing bonus, so about 5.75 per year on his 4 year contract. I like the guy, but he is NOT cheap.

• Matt says:

Inconsistent in the sense he will go on a ___ game dry spell.

I like AK but knowing his talents and watching him fade for 10 games was just frustrating.

• Matt says:

I also love the intensity Cole brings to each game. Just watching him on the bench. He still wants to win even though this season has………………… wet poop written all over it.

• Malreg says:

The total value of Cole’s contract is $18 million, including signing bonuses. So no, it is not 5.75 million a year. It’s $4.5 million a year.

He may be a consistent 20 goal scorer, but he consistently goes on streaks of 10-20 games without a goal.

And just because you think AK’s value was higher does not mean the rest of the league agrees. If they could have gotten more, they would have.

Like it or not, Hal Gill had a higher value, and a much higher demand around the league than AK46 did.

• rhino514 says:

It´s not that Gill had higher value than AK. In today´s NHL it´s all about managing cp space. Nashville had to take on a lot more salary with AK than with Gill. That salary they took on will impede them from spending it on a UFA of similar value. Conversely, Montreal was able to dump over 3million in the trade. So it makes sense that Nashville would offer less to MTL for taking on all that salary. Added to the fact that AK will be a UFA anyway at the end of the year.
            But that doesn´t mean that Gill has higher value than AK. AK has far greater value than Gill.

• ont fan says:

There you go assuming again that he would take a pay cut. He has an agent who will change his mind . Please don’t compare Cole to AK.

• habbernack says:

The last time AK played for any amount of time was when he Played with Plec and Kovy. Both Plec and AK had their best year. Since that time he was bounced aound more than tennis ball

ability is what you’re capable of doing.
        attitude determines how you do it

• ont fan says:

AK was dealt because they weren’t going to pay him 4.5 mil. and maybe they could get some value for him. They had no other offers for him, that’s why they got ,what they got. Most people here don’t think we have great management, but for the time being we don’t have a lot of options at this time of year. Does that help.

• habs-fan-84 says:

He was a UFA.

• Habitoba says:

In the AK trade, didn’t Nashville, as part of the deal, remove the conditional draft pick we gave in the Gill trade? If that’s the case, you could say we got 2 draft picks by getting the one we gave, back. So Gill, who has loads of playoffs experience and a cup ring, for a 2nd and a prospect and AK with much less playoff experience and no cup ring, for a 2nd and another draft pick. Seems like a fair trade for what the players were worth to the Montreal Canadiens at the time of the trade.

I know AK was drafted in the first round and thus everybody had lofty expectations of him but whose fault is that? Management took a gamble and lost. They were wrong in their assessment (though you wouldn’t know by the way he’s playing now).

I feel for you, I always liked the guy as well but in my opinion, projected value and actual value are two separate things and only sometimes they match up.

• HabFanSince72 says:

If we have a non-sequitur of the year award that post should win it.

Do we have a non-sequitur of the year award?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Cal says:

“quite honestly, if they did not have a monopoly on ALL quebecer players in the past I seriously doubt this team would have won all those cups.”

When you come out with bs like this, be prepared to back it up.
      Instead, you are just another sorry ass poster whose fave player was dealt.

• Le Jadester says:

If it makes ya feel any better….AK won the game again for the Preds last night as the only player to score in a shootout !

Ya management effed up big time on him……but after watching SK play last night and against the wings on Saturday…….that’s where they really messed up even more. I think he’s better than AK right now.

Since their reunification……..they’ve been puttin up a lot of multi point games.

Either way, I wish we could’ve gotten a better return on both of them. That’s what chaps me the most.

Habs, OLE !

41. bustthebusters says:

Hi all, new to the site, however have been reading the posts for quite some time now. Great fodder for discussion, outrage, joy, opinion and sundry other comments. Just a comment on Pleks. I’ve always liked him as a 2 way player but I do question his talents as a serious playmaking centre. Was quite noticeable when DD was out and he was teamed up with the big guys in YVR. Seemed to me that Cole and Pacs kinda carried him along for the ride. Was also mentioned by Pang on TSN’s Monday game that Pleks really wasn’t looking at all options for a play when in the offensive zone with specific replay from the game. Might this explain some of the problems that we have getting reasonably talented wingers going on a roll. I think back to when Pleks played with Kovi and had great numbers, but due in part to Kovi’s ability as a playmaker as well as being a scoring winger and Ak’s good years as well.

• Habitoba says:

Interesting post with lots to think about. Neither Bourque nor White are playmakers… or clutch scorers for that matter. I’m just going to throw this out there but going with what you’re suggesting, what about pairing Gomez with Pleks and Bourque/White/Darche? You’d get two guys looking for plays with a third guy hanging around the net.

(edit)

However, Gomez and Pleks can’t dangle the puck like Kovy could… maybe that was one of those intangible things that have been lacking in the top three lines.

• AK_PK_Usay says:

Yeah, cos you know DD and those two played 60 games together, and I wonder why a guy who gets thrown in there for 1 game does not perform as well.

DD’s value is ridiculously inflated right now, I would trade him to any incompetent GM that buys into his “skill”.

Plels and Eller are both more talented, but get LOTS of line changes and lesser wingers, usually 1 decent winger and 1 4th liner.

When you have a 4th liner, you become considerably less effective, because the other teams can concentrate on the 2 people that are actually a threat, and the reason most 4th liners look good on 1st and 2nd lines is because the other teams don’t even bother with them.

• HabFanSince72 says:

What I find amusing is you rant about incompetent management and then suggest they trade DD.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Kooch7800 says:

Up above you ooze your love for ak and you now bash DD. I think you might want to rethink your hockey sense. DD has been one of the bright spots on this roster.

I guess last year when they brought him up in the second half of the season and was the habs most productive forward on the THIRD line it was cause of his wingers…..give me a break.

DD is more valuable to this team than ak ever was.

The wingers are not carrying DD. He is a good play maker and his style fits well with Max and Cole who are all having career years. It isn’t just one player. They compliment each other well. Trading DD would be stupid. With either of Pleks or eller in that role we really would have beat out columbus for the #1 draft spot

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

• habstrinifan says:

Welcome aboard! This, your first post, is very good. Some great observations including the comments re the analysis of Darren Pang last nite.

42. Matt says:

I’m currently in a tough spot. The past three years I have bet my neighbour a case of beer that the habs would finish higher than the leaves in the standings. This year I was happy to receive what was looking like a top 4 pick and fork over a case of beer, now we are only 3 pts behind them and gaining!
    What hurts more, the leaves finishing lower and getting a higher pick, or me winning a case of beer and habs drafting out of the top 4?

• ABHabsfan says:

I hear ya, I’m on the hook for a c-note if the Laffs finish ahaed. Don’t worry about the pick too much; after Yak 2-16 are all good picks

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
      Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

• Matt says:

haha – would we take Yaky if we had the first pick?

I was thinking the Habs taking either;

- Alex Galchenyuk
        - Radek Faksa

• ABHabsfan says:

We wouldn’t need a lottery pick for either of those guys according to most draft experts. All these kids are so close in skill it’s justa crapshoot as to who will turn out the best in 5 years from now. We’re not making the play-offs and we’ll get a good pick, might as well keep our dough, right?

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
          Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

• Mark C says:

Let’s hope it’s Galchenyuk. I don’t understand all the hype around Faksa. Nice player and all, but I don’t see anything that suggests he has much 1st line type upside.

• ont fan says:

I’m counting on you buying.

• matt jordan says:

Yikes matt, I made the same bet!

Always remember, the best beer is FREE BEER.

43. Mavid says:

why do i have to log in again..I did not swear…I can only hope Ottawa makes an early exit..I cannot imagine what they will be like if they actually win a round..

• Cardiac says:

Good for hockey?

Ottawa has some exciting talent on their team.

- Jerry Maguire

44. HabFanSince72 says:

It’s likely that two of seven Canadian teams will make the playoffs. One, Ottawa, will not go far.

By the second round there could be one Canadian team out of the 16 remaining.

Gary B. must be pinching himself.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• 24 Cups says:

I wonder how the CBC feels, especially seeing that Vancouver is in the Pacific time zone.

• Bill says:

It’s Brian Burke’s ultimate revenge on the CBC. He’ll make the Leafs suck until Don Cherry is fired.

How many times will this site make me log in?

Full Breezer 4 Life

• HabFanSince72 says:

Rumour has it that all the Canadian teams are miffed with the CBC’s coverage. We know the Leafs and Habs would probably prefer to be in control of the content (i.e. have no criticism of the team on air). With Bell owning parts of both teams (soon) and Rogers owning the other half of the Leafs, plus Rogers having naming rights to the Vancouver arena, you have to think the CBC will lose HNIC. The open cheering against Montreal (and Vancouver in the finals) cannot have gone unnoticed.

(Bell owns CTV, TSN and RDS; Rogers owns City TV and Sportsnet).

I personally don’t favor TV coverage being under the corporate control of the hockey teams themselves.

The problem with HNIC isn’t that it is opinionated, it is that it’s Mickey Mouse. I would rather have independent, opinionated but fair coverage, like what you see on American NFL sportscasts.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Mr. Biter says:

I’d rather hear a “team Announcer” as per TSN Radio for Habs home telecasts (ala the MSG. or heaven forbid NESN.) cause with CBC you allways get an anti Hab telecast. Except NESN, I’d rather (and do) catch the games on DTV and listen to the opponent’s announcing team rather than CBC.

Mr. Biter
          No Guts No Glory

• Cal says:

I, for one, am very tired of former Gooins all over that piss poor HNIC cast. The sooner CBC loses it, the happier I’ll be.

45. habs-fan-84 says:

Go Panthers!

46. Kooch7800 says:

That is why we are in a rebuild. Eller is not ready to be a number 2 yet. Kepp him in the third line role. He was brought up too quickly. I like him but he is still very raw and needs to develop.

Pleks is the #2 currently unless they can move hime for a big centre. This team really is hurting for a top 6 player…either on the other wing with Pleks and Gio or with a different centre.

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

47. matt jordan says:

Depending on the return, I say trade Plekanec.

48. Hobie Hansen says:

Plekanec is more talented than Desharnais. Salary aside, any team would rather slide Plekanec in at center than Desharnais.

49. matt jordan says:

It appears Montreal though slides DD in at centre in front of Plekanec

50. Kooch7800 says:

Chemistry comes into play. DD is better with Max and Cole….can’t deny they play well together

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

51. Mr. Biter says:

Can’t for the life of me figure out why there are so many DD haters on this site. Since AK’s, Cammy, Gill are now gone (Don’t miss AK but do the other 2) is DD their next target?

Mr. Biter