Canadiens sign Desjardins, Russell

As reported last week by The Gazette’s Patrick V. Hickey, the Canadiens have signed goaltender Cédrick Desjardins and forward Ryan Russell to one-year, two-way contracts.

Mike Keane has been released by the Manitoba Moose

So what’s BGL up to while he waits to be signed?

bIhCHi2WXcw

The team anouncements on Desjardins and Russell:

Desjardins, 24, led all AHL
goaltenders in 2009-10 with a 2.00 goals-against average in 47 games. He
posted a 29- 9-4 record, finishing fourth in the league in wins, second
in shutouts (6) and sixth with a .919 save percentage. Desjardins
helped the Bulldogs reach the AHL Western Conference Finals, while
posting a 6-4-0 record in 10 playoff games. He played in the AHL
All-Star Classic in 2010 and was named to the AHL Second All-Star Team.
His 29 wins set a franchise record for the most in a season by a
Bulldogs goaltender. He also set a franchise record with the longest
shutout streak by a Bulldogs goaltender (212:37 mins).
The 6-foot,
194-pound goaltender played 92 career regular season games with the
Bulldogs. He posted a 41-26-6 record along with 10 shutouts. Desjardins
won the Kelly Cup with the ECHL Cincinnati Cyclones in 2007-08 (Playoff
MVP), and the Memorial Cup with the Quebec Remparts in 2006.
A native
of Edmundston, New Brunswick, Desjardins joined the Canadiens as a free
agent on July 3, 2008.

Russell, 23, played in 74 games
with the Hamilton Bulldogs in 2009-10. He finished sixth on the team
with 37 points (19 goals, 18 assists), and led the team with three
shorthanded goals. Russell also maintained a plus-16 differential, added
149 shots on goal and served eight penalty minutes. He added 12 points
(7-5-12) in 19 playoff games, while posting a plus-5 differential.
The
5-foot-10, 174-pound center has totaled 79 points (41 goals, 38
assists) in 178 career regular season games in the AHL with Hamilton.
Russell also played 12 games in 2007-08 with the ECHL’s Cincinnati
Cyclones, collecting 10 points (6-4-10) and contributing to the
Cyclones’ Kelly Cup Championship that year.
A native of Caroline,
Alberta, Russell was selected in the seventh round, 211th overall by the
New York Rangers at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He was acquired by the
Canadiens in a transaction with the Rangers on May 31, 2007.

1. forskis says:

Um…the Stanley Cup Finalist Philadelphia Flyers made it into the playoffs with 88 points…

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

2. Mark C says:

Bill, there is some hope, Pierre McGuire coached both of them in Hartford. I can hear it now, “get excited Montreal, you just got a whole lot of double Randy!”

3. mbplekfan says:

PK and Markov are top end defenceman, Gorges certainly isnt old, OB doesnt have grey hair yet…

I agree that Hamrlik is past his prime, but Spacek can handle 18 minutes a game easily, and Gill is an awesome team leader and knows his position well.

If there is anything our D lacks it is toughness. OB is the only physical player in the mix.

Carle is probably NHL ready but there isnt a spot for him. Weber is a good depth guy for call-ups in case of injury but may never be able to handle NHL forwards.

4. Mark C says:

Alert…Old Guard!

Cuney going nuts on Markus Naslund: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URUgFzr-2wA

5. Bill J says:

Ruh-Oh – Tony is gunna have a field day with Cunneyworth…  Him having played for Martin in Ottawa & GM’d by Gauthier & all.

6. Danno says:

I remember. That was a comedy show. No wait. That was The Two Ronnies.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

7. yvresgyros says:

HE didn’t have much of a problem with the French media as people would like to believe. He left Montreal because Patrick Roy expressly asked he’d be included in the trade to Colorado, not to please the Galerie de Presse.

8. Harani says:

Carey Price spoke to the Tri-City Herald about his contract talks. “You know how I am, roll as you go,” Price said. “I’m a restricted free agent, it’s pretty much wait and see and come to an agreement that is fair to both sides.”

Here is the link to the article.

9. secretdragonfly says:

Great scoop, Harani!

10. LA Loyalist says:

guys like Mike Keane make everyone around them better for 3 main reasons: 1. other teams hate to play against them so it makes our job easier and 2. they call out coasters on our team. SK would have been bounced off the blackboard by a Mike Keene long ago and 3. they work hard and set a tone – our recent captains have never been pure skill guys – Saku, Muller, Keene, Carbo, Gainey – were all-around players with skill, work ethic, character. I’d take 3 Mike Keane’s over 3 over SK, Frolov, Yashin types all day long.

11. Harani says:

Randy Cuneyworth has been named the new head coach for the Hamilton Bulldogs. And his assistant will be Randy Ladouceur. Hamilton to be run by Randy & Randy! Here’s the Habs release.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

12. mrstewart61 says:

’nuff said.

Is it possible to filter out any post from this site that contains the word ‘Eklund’.

———————————————————————————————————————-

If a man speaks in a forest where no woman can hear him, is he still wrong?

13. habs001 says:

pk will help but overall our d is slow and old…they did a great job of blocking shots in the playoffs but if they try to do that in the reg season we better have 3-4 ahl call ups ready  as we will have many injured d..our d has real problems in our zone when pressured by the other teams forwards…because of a lack of overall speed when we are attacking our d gets caught on 2-1 breakouts(even markov had some terrible stretches last year of making the wrong decisions when pinching). price will be fine but because of our d he will face a lot of shots and many quality chances..

14. secretdragonfly says:

OK, that’s 20 seconds of my life that I’ll never get back.

15. HFX-HabFan says:

Wasn’t the “old trio” the “EGG line” (Elias, Gomez, Gionta)?

I’d much sooner take Langenbrunner over Elias, but I doubt either are coming to Montreal.

16. andrewberkshire says:

Carolina fans go to the games, but they know jack all about the sport. On their cup run in 2006 80% of the fans didn’t know what the Stanley Cup was.

17. Mark C says:

There is even one more contradiction, the Canucks “were disappointed with Bieska in the playoffs.” This is bad no means a new issue for Bieska, his play was knocked the year before in playoffs. Yet, the expressed reason for the trade is to help Montreal “late in the season.”

I like Bieska, but there is no reason to trade for injury insurance in July. Injury insurance is purchased, if needed, at the deadline, hopefully at lower rates.

18. KGB_AKA4787 says:

Who here thinks that Langenbrunner would be a good fit here, being reunited with the old trio, As per hockey30 are saying NJ would is over the cap and PG might grab him and see how they play again for a year or two

Go Habs Go

19. HFX-HabFan says:

Eklund’s garbage is not worth much.  I’m still trying to figure out what “significant” forward prospect of ours would be dealt, let alone why our already-complete blueline would need a Bieksa and his salary.

Honestly, it’s amazing that people waste their time by visiting that site.

20. toinz says:

So let me wrap my head around this rumor

The Habs bail out Vancouver’s cap trouble in exchange for a significant forward prospect while the Tampa Bay Lightning just proved that you can pick up salary for a lot less?

21. alestar says:

Dirty pool, dude…making me read the whole post before putting “That’s according to Eklund”…that’s just not cool!

XXIV…and counting

22. mike g says:

The game is in ATL

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

23. mike g says:

Yup, that’s a possibility too…

Cuz then we’d automatically trade him to hockey-crazy Nashville, and he’d be off the books.

Nice thinking JD, nice..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

24. alestar says:

Sign Mike Keane as a Player/Assistant Coach for the Bulldogs!

XXIV…and counting

25. JD_ says:

…or misses the bus?

26. Malreg says:

Maybe Muller moves down to become head coack of Hamilton, and Keane becomes our new assistant?  You never know :P

27. andrewberkshire says:

Hahaha I didn’t even think about that, great point Mark!

28. mike g says:

What if he “mysteriously” disapears….?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

29. JD_ says:

Never hurts to have someone back there who truly unnerstans what a lunch pail is.

30. andrewberkshire says:

That’s a really interesting proposition. I’d like to see Keane as an assistant in Hamilton first though.

31. mike g says:

Listen buddy, the Habs lost to Carolina and Tampa the years that they both won the Cup…

And never did I say, “Oh at least we lost to the Champs”..That’s just a BS excuse, it doesn’t matter who you lose to; when you lose you lose.

All I’m trying to say is I’d rather have a team like ours that is in a slow rebuilding/compete mode, that a team like SJ. Do you seriously think they have a chance of winning the Cup with Nittymakki in nets now? Neither do I. Blake is gone, Marleu/Thornton/Heatley have shown they can’t win when it matters, and Boyle is getting old. They’ve got a very narrow window of opportunity, and they still won’t win.

Right now that franchise is riding on great regular seasons, and nothing esle. It’s 6+ years they fail to make the Cup finals with a stacked team, meanwhile you got teams rebuilding like MTL and Carolina last year making it further than them.

That franchise is an embarrassment. I would never be able to be a Sharks fan, their fanbase is getting ripped off. At least here in MTL weve got some hope for the Future with Price, PK, Pleks, Georges, Pouliot maybe, Cammy, Eller, etc…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

32. Mark C says:

Best line: “The Canadiens are trying to insure against Markov injuries which have hindered them late in the season for a few seasons now.

Let’s protect against a Markov injury with a player who has missed 35% of his game over the last 3 years.

33. avatar_58 says:

How many points if the habs weren’t missing key forwards and a star defenceman all season long?

34. andrewberkshire says:

Would never happen unless Hamrlik came off the books.

35. Danno says:

Please, no.

The universe would implode into a black hole of negativity.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

36. avatar_58 says:

Actually I hadn’t thought of that one, would be interesting.

37. adam76 says:

They do this every season – same as the Jays an the dollar a ticket.

Carolina fans support the team and know the sport, its a healthy franchise.

38. kempie says:

Ian vs. Tony in a cage match – who would win?

39. mike g says:

Here is a quick hit for you all with more to follow, including a Rumor Chart Refresh this evening…

According to multiple sources the Canadiens are closing in on a possible trade that would bring Kevin Bieksa to Montreal, and send back a “significant” forward prospect.

One source: “The Canadiens are trying to insure against Markov injuries which have hindered them late in the season for a few seasons now. They believe is they have the young players coming on D, but experienced puck-moving guys are lacking. Of course, Tomas Kaberle is out there, but the Leafs and Habs trading together is not likely.

Another: “The Canucks were disappointed with Bieska in the playoffs. especially in his inability to make solid decisions and follow game plans.”

and another: “The Canucks have a prospect in mind, and still have interest in clearing space to pick up a UFA.”

That’s according to the Eklund dude that everyone hates……Take it for what it’s worth.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

40. waisguy says:

Drop the puck already. Damnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

41. Chuck says:

Seasons’ tickets for $10/game. Huh.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

42. HFX-HabFan says:

Barring injuries (famous last words) our goals for will almost surely go up based on having Cammy and Gio for 75+ games, let alone having not one but two defensemen (Markov and Subban, neither of whom played a full season last year) who are capable of putting up 40+ points.

Even if Price’s play is similar to last year (I for one believe he will be better), scoring more goals means having to rely less on our goaltending.  I’m not saying we’re going to go out and repeat ’07-’08 and finish on top of the conference in scoring, but we all commended Price’s play that year when he often had plenty of offensive support.

I don’t see us doing any “squeezing”.  The Northeast was the only division to send four teams to the playoffs (boy it must suck to be the team that DIDN’T make it), but it’s up for grabs again this year as far as I’m concerned.  It will be a long season but there’s no reason to think that if the key guys are healthy we can’t make the playoffs with plenty of breathing room.

43. HabFanSince72 says:

Some guy playing for Drummondville is supposed to be the early favourite for number one.

44. yvresgyros says:

I bet Mike would still lace them up if it were a Bleu Blanc Rouge jersey, but I’m also thinking of our vacancies behind the bench.

Captain Kirk is doing a terrific job for us, Captain Mike brings a similar energy, plus not many players still active nowadays have as many cup rings as Mr. Keane to show for a career.

45. avatar_58 says:

That would be pretty sweet. It would be even more epic if he were called up due to an injury in a home game.

46. yvresgyros says:

Excellent article on Sir Mike: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/life-after-keane-begins-98811679.html

16 years later, I am still proudly wearing my white Habs jersey sporting the number 12 and neither Cournoyer nor Moore is stitched at the back.

Mike Keane is a class act, let’s keep our fingers crossed that the Habs give him a call concerning the Hamilton vacancies. He has a lot to teach our youngsters.

47. Cookies says:

Fun commercial. But on a PR stand point…

Laraques forgot about PETA??

48. Bugs says:

So you see us makin the playoffs. Yes?

After losing the PRIME ELEMENT that allowed us to SQUEEZE into 8th place? I repeat: SQUEEZE into 8th. Now, we’ll be 8th again? Or better?

I have doubts. Those were miracles and the miracle-worker is gone.

And for the same reason do I think that that IS something to ”suggest we can’t follow up last year’s playoff run” as well as not being a top-10 team.

Unless…some ingredients start comin together, namely, the miracle-worker’s replacement. Few others. Then, hey, 8th or better, who knows?

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Brotha to the Man with the Plan, Product-runnin Lead Houndogg with the Voodoo Flannel Posse, and Pimp Extraordinaire of Habsbros Mama Jones Snow Cones, muthafugga: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

49. mike g says:

So…..

Was just reading over some NHL schedules for 2010-11. I couldn’t help come across one very interesting date. If you’re a real, die hard hockey fan, you cannot miss this game. According to many, it’s already being labelled “The Game of The Century”.

In September, the Carolina Hurricanes will visit the Atlanta Thrashers for a pre-season game. Tickets are $0.00, and they’re flying like hot cakes. Apparently, there’s only about 20,000 tickets left since they sold 2 pairs this month!!! Hockey is finally working down south!!

Get them fast guys. You don’t wanna miss this one….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

50. Josh says:

A little late on Desjardins and Russel as they were signed last week.

51. HabFab says:

Hamilton needs another coach.

52. PeterStone says:

im in one using Fanball …

53. HFX-HabFan says:

Did you forget the way the draft order works?  Before the trade to get Tinordi, we were sitting with the twenty-seventh pick despite finishing what, eighteenth overall?

I think we’re more than capable of improving our regular season performance, and there’s nothing to suggest we can’t follow up last year’s playoff run with another one in the spring of ’11.

54. pmaraw says:

I’m with you there, I think the puzzle is almost complete, only time will tell.

55. pmaraw says:

well………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….  that’s lose lose.

56. Bugs says:

Is that supposed to be funny?

Because if it isn’t, it is, and if it is, it isn’t.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

57. Danno says:

Plus injuries, injuries, injuries…

Would it have been better to finish first in the standings but only to get booted out after the first round?

I think  this year’s team stands a good chance of doing better than last year’s.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

58. Bugs says:

You see us being a top-10 team and making the playoffs?

Damn. I’m with you then.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

59. HFX-HabFan says:

Adam Larsson (D from Sweden) is projected to be the top name.  Regardless, we’ll probably be picking somewhere in the twenties again.

60. pmaraw says:

the #1 guy looks to be mario lemerde

61. Bugs says:

Say, what’s the draft look like next year? Who’s The Name for 2011?

I dunno, I think we got a shot. Don’t wanna get folks’ hopes up but, you know, all things being equal, I think we got a shot.

Fingers crossed, yo.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

62. Mark C says:

Good call, I thought I was watching a Flaming Lips music video for a second.

63. HabFanSince72 says:

They don’t even look like they’re having that good a time.

64. HFX-HabFan says:

Tony, do you ever get any new ideas?  It’s a shame you weren’t around here a couple years ago with Cournoyer12/Gilles Poisson.  You would have been two peas in a pod.

65. JD_ says:

* What’s there not to respect about a guy like Mike Keane? An almost 1,200-game NHL career, 1,400 including playoffs, comes to an end and, rather than heading out to make stoopid-a$$ed booze ads clearly aimed at the comfortably profitable a-wee-bit-underage crowd, he goes and toils away for another six seasons in the minors. Must have been in it for the money…*cough*. NHL career +/- of +70, +24 in the playoffs, with his peak performance coming in 1993. One of only 10 NHLers to win a Cup with three different teams.

* My fondest memory of Keaner was when he found out he had been tossed into the RoyMaelstrom – you know, cause it wasn’t like Roy straight up was enough for Ruzy, Kovy BK, and The Loser - he left a short message on the blackboard in the Habs’ dressing room after packin’ his bags, something along the lines of “I’ll miss you guys.”

* I need a tissue.

* Speakin’ of that inane BGL ad, if that’s what a solid dose of Octane 7.0® does to one’s golf swing, then I suspect I’ll be staying the eff away from Octane 7.0®.

* Damn, now I’m thinkin’ about the damn Roy trade again. Freakin’ effin’ effer of an eff, Mario Tremblay. Watch for el Douchebagio to take one of the two spots that have opened up on RDS with the departure of Demers and Bouchard’s rumoured move into the broadcast booth to replace the replaceable one. Mario’ll probably be chewin’ his damn gum, the way only Mario can, while he’s on; you’ll even hear it when the camera’s on someone else. You will become Future Shop’s Customer of the Decade by December.

* His contract expires in 14 months and Montreal cannot afford to lose him. Management has to get down to brass tacks and sign him up long term. WTF? Just another example of MC scrooing up.

Heh.

66. pmaraw says:

cliches…  the thing is, this team had a whole new makeover at the start of last season with lots of guys who hadn’t played with eachother, you can’t expect a team like that to get 100 points in a season.  they’ve gotten a better idea of how to play with eachother now and i’m sure this will be a better season (depending on goaltending?)

67. Bob Barker says:

That commercial is terrible. “Look how indie we are”

68. avatar_58 says:

88 points 88 points 88 points

The reality is EVERYONE in the East had low points. The habs were no worse than the ones getting in. Points mean nothing, the cup means everything. Where did the habs finish again?

Guys like Mike Keane aren’t going to suddenly get the habs 20-30 more points.

69. mike g says:

I’ll take our extreamly entertaining playoff run over San Jose’s extreamly successful regular seasons over the last 10 years..

So, your post is an EPIC FAIL.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

70. mike g says:

Wussup boys…

So I’m trying to organize and start an NHL Dynasty League, usisng ESPN Fantasy. I’m currently in a Baseball fantasy league on ESPN, and it’s very good.

But my question is: Has anyone ever used ESPN fantasy for a Dynasty League? Is it 100% customizeable?

This is because I wanna create an insane league, one that will go on with 15-20 of my friends. It will include a salary cap, rookie draft every year, trades, standings based on points only and wins/shutouts for goalies, etc…

Would I be able to use ESPN and be satisfied?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

71. SeriousFan09 says:

Frank Selke’s system was to own the professional rights of everyone who could skate and hold a hockey stick in all of Quebec, half of Ontario and a good part of the West as well, unfortunately you’re not allowed to do that anymore…

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

72. aemarchand11 says:

Only thing I know is that you really could use some english grammatical lessons. Yikes. LOL!

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

73. bostonantifan says:

Only two things wrong with this rumour.

1.  The Canadiens don’t have a “significant power forward prospect” in their system.

2.  Even if they did have one, they’d be nuts to trade him, as they don’t have any “significant power” forwards on the NHL team!

74. Propwash says:

Still made it to the ECF, your point is moot.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

75. avatar_58 says:

Shows how much I pay attention – I didn’t even notice Keane when I went to a dogs/moose game here in Hamilton. Oops. In fact I sat behind their player’s bench….

76. G-Man says:

1. under 2.under 3. over 4. under 5. under 6. under  7. under 8. under 9. over 10. under 11. under 12. under

Overall, expect a year of suckitude that will rank among the Habs worst ever.

77. ebas12 says:

1: Over. He and Gionta will build on last season, and Gomez will exceed 75 points, barely.

2: Over. Montreal allowed many shots last season, I don’t see that changing drastically.

3: Over. If Price has a 2.4 GAA, Habs win the division easily. I don’t see it. More like 2.6.

4: Over. Gionta will remain healthy this season, and shouldn’t have an issue reaching this goal with Gomez getting in a groove.

5: Under. I see 35, but not 40. If an established offensive player plays with Cammy and Plekanec, then maybe, but not with Kostitsyn or anyone else currently on the roster.

6: Under. I’m predicting solid two-way play, and a 30 point campaign. He just won’t have the linemates to score that much (unless he finds himself key to the PP, which he might if he’s right handed – is he?)

7: Under. Slow development approach with Avtsin. Even if he stays healthy, I can’t see the Habs losing the sliding rule on his contract for a few extra NHL games.

8: White and Pacioretty will be regulars by the end of the season. Who else? Over.

9: Over. I give him 20.

10: AK gets 15 goals. Tops. And flees to Russia. Or Nashville as a UFA.

11: Under. I want to go over. I see him slowing down the Gomez/Gionta pair, but netting 20 goals. Not 25. New AK.

12: Under. As a rookie defenseman, I’d say 40 points would be as good as he would aspire to do, unless teams mysteriously let him through for most of his highlight reel end-to-end rushes.

78. Bob Barker says:

1. Under, 65-70 pts.

2. Over

3. Over

4. Over

5. Over

6. Under, he’ll be on the third-line and probably won’t get too much PP time.

7. Over

8. Over

9. Over

10. Over, hits 30 in his contract year

11. Over, Pouliot regains his form

12. Under, 45-50 pts for Subban.

79. SeriousFan09 says:

1. If Pouliot performs, Over.

2. Over

3. Over

4. Over

5. At

6. Over

7. Under

8. At

9. Over

10. Over

11. At

12. Under

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

80. scrowe21 says:

1. just under

2. under

3. over

4. over

5. just under

6. hopefully over

7. over

8. over

9. over

10. over

11. under

12. just under

81. camel_larry says:

Time for a game of over/under!

1: Over or under? Gomez with a points per game average of 0.9 (over 82 games that’s ~74 points)

2: Over or under? Price with a save percentage of 0.914

3: Over or under? Price with a GAA of 2.4

4: Over or under? Gio with a goals-per-game ratio of 0.4 (over 82 games that’s ~32 goals)

5: Over or under? Cammy with a goals-per-game ratio of 0.5 (over 82 games that’s 41 goals)

6: Over or under? Eller finishes the season with 35 points

7: Over or under? Avtsin plays 10 games with the big club this year

8: Over or under? 2 players that were on Hamilton last year play regularely with the big club this year

9: Over or under? Auld starts & finishes 15 games this season

10: Over or under? AK has a goals-per-game ratio of 0.3 (over 82 games that’s 25 goals)

11: Over or under? Poulio has a goals-per-game ration of 0.3 (once again, that’s 25 goals over 82 games)

12: Over or under? Subban finishes the season with a 0.65 points-per-game ratio (over 82 games thats 53 points)

82. Mr. Biter says:

To bad about MK. Being from Wpg. he was allways available to the media and special charities and still played at a high level. Just looked at LR’s stats in Wikpedia and could not believe he never scored over 19 goals (lots of assists) in a season and only had 3 seasone with PIM’s over 60 min (hignest 76 PIM). Obviously after he gave Schultz the ultimate beatdown no one wanted to dance with him. Still one of my favorite Habs ever.

83. camel_larry says:

Aren’t you just a ray o’ sunshine.

84. HabFab says:

This is bad!

A little mad!

So very sad!

Yuke, yuke!!

Notice they are promoting an Als Inside/Out. Wonder if the madness extends to Football?

85. alestar says:

What about Rogie Vachon? Its ridiculous that he is still not in the HHOF…

XXIV…and counting

86. HFX-HabFan says:

I think you’d also have to say Dionne spent his best years in Tinseltown.

87. HabFanSince72 says:

LA King Hall of Famers:

Only Luc Robitaille did his hall of fame playing in LA. (Although I’m surprised Dave Taylor isn’t in the Hall.)

The point is this is and always has been a sad little franchise. Most seasons they are non-competitive.

88. alestar says:

hahaha…I was thinking the exact same thing. WTF was that?

XXIV…and counting

89. scrowe21 says:

the commercial was terrible, but i doubt he cares since he’s having fun and likely getting paid.

90. ZepFan2 says:

Wow, has BGL lost his mind, or is he just high on acid?

————————————————————————

- Steven Tyler

91. bwoar says:

Keaner will be missed in Winnipeg.  Hopefully the Moose will keep him in the org.

92. LA Loyalist says:

Thank you Mike Keane. I’d take you on my team anywhere, anytime.

93. LA Loyalist says:

Thank you Mike Keane. I’d take you on my team anywhere, anytime.

94. JIMVINNY says:

I’ve known for a while that Price was younger than Desjardins, but I still find it a little shocking.  Knowing that also makes me wonder why so many people think this “kid” from the AHL is going to come up and somehow earn the starting spot for the habs.  If he lost his starting role in the AHL playoffs to a career journeyman like Sanford, how is going to do anything up in the NHL?

95. nightmare_49 says:

… he’s a depth goalie behind he’s big, he’s bald, he’s Alex Auld.

96. adam76 says:

The only question that matters is – which goalie is taller?

97. Sportfan says:

Man thats too bad about Mike Keane maybe Hamilton will sign him?? It would be cool they need an older experienced payer and he would probably be te best since he already knows what its like to play in Montreal he can teach the players how to act here. Its not like its a bad thing to have an older player look at Darche lol