Canadiens recall Dawes, Palushaj

placeholder-WhatsNew

The Canadiens announced Wednesday that they have recalled forwards Nigel Dawes and Aaron Palushaj  from the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs.

Presumably, this is because of injuries to Tomas Plekanec and Jeff Halpern.

Montreal (March 16, 2011) – The Montreal Canadiens announced today that forwards Nigel Dawes and
Aaron Palushaj have been recalled from the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs. Dawes and Palushaj will join the
Canadiens, for tomorrow’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, at the Bell Centre.
Dawes, 26, played in nine games with the Atlanta Thrashers in 2010-11, his fourth NHL season. The 5’09”
and 200 lbs left winger recorded one assist while averaging 11:11 of time on ice. He played a total of 208 NHL
career regular season games with the Rangers, Phoenix Coyotes, Calgary Flames and Thrashers. He has registered
84 career points (39 goals, 45 assists) and 43 penalty minutes.
Dawes leads the Bulldogs with 54 points (33 goals, 21 assists) in 55 games this season. He ranks first on the
team and in the AHL with 33 goals. Nine of his goals have been tallied on the power play and one while
shorthanded. He displays a +7 plus/minus differential, has collected 169 shots on goal and served 17 penalty
minutes.
Born in Winnipeg, Dawes was a fifth round pick, 149th selection overall, by the New York Rangers in 2003.
He was acquired from the Thrashers, along with Brent Sopel, last February 24.
Palushaj, 21, ranks third on the Bulldogs with 44 points (17 goals, 27 assists) in 57 games this season. Five
of his goals have been tallied on the power play. The 5’11’’ and 177 lbs right winger is tied for first on the Bulldogs
with a +15 plus/minus differential. He has registered 134 shots on goal and served 30 penalty minutes.
A native of Northville, Michigan, Palushaj was the St. Louis Blues’ fifth pick (second round, 44th overall) in
the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. He was acquired from the Blues on March 2, 2010, in return for Matt D’Agostini.

1. wd40 says:

I just love those Montreal Bulldogs! <3

2. Miltie01 says:

Grabovski was a combination of things……first he was more of the same, small skilled center, we wanted to upgrade there. The other factor was his relationship with the brothers Kostitsyn, they got rid of one, kept the other two.

The Habs did not want to get rid of SK74. Earlier in his lasy season Calgary tried a few times to get him. There was a trade in principle made, but Bob said he wanted to sleep on it. The next day Bob called it off, he told Calgary that the kid had too much talent to give up on.

The final straw was the stretch drive. The leaders got the team together amd as a group they decided they will hang tough as a team, and anyone not wanting to pull his weight and be a team guy would be shunned. Guess who decided to march to the beat of his own drum ? The other guys in the room shunned him, and they are the reason he is no longer here.

3. avatar_58 says:

Cammy – Gomez – Gionta
    AK46 – Eller – Pouliot
    Dawes – Desharnais – Palushaj
    Moen – Pyatt – White

Methinks?

4. gK_HabsFan says:

A guy to check out for the Draft Mark McNeill

6’2, 210 lbs.  Ranked between 18 – 28 on most reports

-GK-

5. Psycho29 says:

Hmmm….Heatley plays with Thornton….and Thornton made those negative comments about the league…..So I figure Heatley will get 20-24 games…

:-)

6. Everlasting1 says:

I’ve been watching the Peoria Rivermen all season lol

Elohim:”Let us make an Adam in our image and after our likeness.” – Genesis 1:26

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

7. Captain aHab says:

So how many games for Marchand and Heatley? Heatley was the worse of the two IMO. Marchand will get something even though he wasn’t penalized on the play….I think the league knows that if they don’t suspend him, they will lose whatever little shred of credibility they have left. Marchand will get 2 games and Heatley will get 3.

8. Windwalker says:

NOT Gomez…put Gomez with Pyatt and White…give Desharnais a chance with the first line.  leave Eller were he is.

9. christophor says:

Actually, I like these lines better than the ones I suggest below, but something tells me JM would switch Dawes and Pouliot.

10. Bill J says:

Your weekly special will have to be called

“Habs Present”

The future has arrived it seems lol

11. Danno says:

Before everyone jumps to conclusions, the official word is that both Halpern and Plekanec are day-to-day and may even play on Thursday.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

12. showey47 says:

He would be a huge upgrade over pyatt. If we ever get healthy up front dawes should stay in over pyatt.

13. habsfansince91 says:

grabovsky asked for a trade so they traded him.

14. Bill J says:

And Marchand will be given “Player of the week” honours.

lol

15. DearyLeary says:

We officially have half an AHL team.

16. habstrinifan says:

Hope his 5′ 9″ 200LBS is better constituted than mu 5′ 9″ 205lbs.. else we are in deep deep trouble. LOL.

Seriously though I am excited.

17. Captain aHab says:

Good point.

18. HabFab says:

As does Dawes, Boyd has been out injured but is now scheduled to return after he gets over the flu.

19. lavie says:

I hope (wish) Jimmy Bonneau or Alex Henry are (were) recalled.

Playoff around the corner, this team needs to be physically and Psychologically big and strong to beat those “animals”.

20. vanderglenn says:

Only the most ignorant, no-nothing hockey commentators hate the habs. We all know who they are. Here in Ontario, the only hate I see is between Leafs and Sens fans. Anyway, maybe they all hate us because we continue to win (somehow) with half a freakin’ team.

21. Bill J says:

We already knew you where interested in the St Louis Blues franchise.

It’s OK we get it, what we do not understand is why you think we care ?

22. forskis says:

Lupul has brought it up as well…and I am sure a few others have…Richards and Cherry just started the ball rolling.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

23. avatar_58 says:

Gomez had killer minutes WITH Pleks. What makes you think minus Pleks he’ll get less time?

24. forskis says:

Funny how Brad Marchand, a rookie doing well but trash talks via the media and is now up for a “disciplinary” phone call is not being called out for “not having any respect” compared to Subban who has not done anything heinous but is vilified by the League and the media.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

25. joeybarrie says:

We joked about it last season, but the truth is look what we got…. The Montreal Bulldogs.

Eller, PK, DD, MaxPac, Weber, Darche, Pyatt, and White all played in the AHL last season.

Also Sopel, Wiz, and Mara all started the season on a different team.

I just can’t wait for next season when (hopefully) everyone will be back.  Imagine what we could be looking at with a healthy team???

Craziest thing to me is that people say Jacques Martin is not a very good coach…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

As his confidence grows, we are going to be in for another treat with this guy.

27. avatar_58 says:

I doubt it. Martin doesn’t throw callups into the fire right away. He’ll expect Dawes to produce before that happens. Or if the team starts playing like crap

Your right, but defensive responsibilities first and foremost.

29. Bill J says:

I do not delude myself, but quite honestly I do not care very much if someone does not like reading what I have to say.  What I do know without a doubt.

Not many people like your contributions here.

The people who do not like MY contributions here ?  Are folks that quite honestly took a wrong turn coming here.

Hope your Blues fall flat on their faces.  Oh wait that already happened when they traded for our #2 goalie ?  ;)

30. Caballero says:

Our team is a punch line in the league.

I hope our aging Ds are replaced with young players who are fast and tough as nails. We also need a good 4th line. The kind that can play hockey, but also kick butt. This is the reality of the NHL now. The change is not going to happen overnight, and in the meantime I am tired of our team getting manhandled.

His masters told him to follow the Blues.

32. shiram says:

He has flashes where he seems to be able to control the game like Pleks can do, pretty great to see.

We have so much depth in our organisation, it is unbelievable. Only problem this year is that our depth is taking up two floors of the Montreal General Hospital.!!!

Going to be a mighty competition for spots on the roster next fall though.!!

34. Everlasting1 says:

Don’t delude yourself thinking everyone cares what you have to say either. We’ll hear it anyways. Have a nice day.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

By the way, we have finally our first replacement for the Great Jean Beliveau.

Lars Eller is the spitting image of big Jean at 21 years of age.

He is going to be an outstanding player for us. A little more experience at this level and watch out.

36. Bill J says:

Yeah if this season would have lasted another month or two, the Habs would be pulling from the ECHL for depth.  Quite impressive is the fact that the Bulldogs have remained consistent.

And WITHOUT Boucher… ;)

37. OneTimer says:

Actually, I care what he has to say, and I also don’t care about your Peoria Rivermen. I think http://www.bluesinsideout.com is what you were looking for.

38. Chuck says:

You mean, “Peoria Rivermen-level goaltending”.

Bill J is a respected poster here. You are a troll. It’s two ends of the spectrum.

40. Danno says:

I agree Ian. There was a sequence by Lars last night that was just jaw-dropping.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

41. shiram says:

Moen’s got a pretty nice point streak going, and compared to say Pouliot, he does seem to have stepped up his game. I would not expect the call ups to get top line nods so soon either.

42. Chuck says:

You’re also forgetting Benny, plus Palushaj and Dawes.

We could potentially have 13 players in tomorrow’s lineup that were either not with the team or in large contributing roles at the beginning of last season… 14 if Auld starts.

43. zig616 says:

I wish someone other then Moen was on a the line with Gio and Gomez.  You really see how much we miss Patches.  We need someone who will go to the net on that line, like patches did.  I was watching Moen last night and all he did was float between the circles when Gio or gomes had the puck behind the net.  Come on Moen go to the dirty place.  I say put Dawes on that line and tell him to go to the net.  He is not that tall but he is pretty thick and has a good stick, much bettern then Moen.

Want a real pick me upper!!  Listen to this link.

What is a Canadian ?

Check this out.

45. DarthWade says:

If they can be effective who cares where they are from. At this stage of the game beggars can’t be choosers. :(

I also think it would make the first round of the playoffs even sweeter if we managed to wipe out the Bruins with a bunch of people from Hamilton.

46. Bill J says:

Agreed.  I too have questioned JM’s system, but it does work.

And all the BS about him & young talent, I think Subban & MaxPac will tell you, if you play hard for the Habs JM will give you loads of ice time.

47. Chuck says:

Both are listed as day-to-day, if that means anything to you.

48. bwoar says:

Precautionary only I think.  No reason to panic.  It wouldn’t surprise me if they were already planning to give Dawes a shot before the season ends, and now is a logical time.

Good chance that both stay with the club from here on in imo.  We’re almost outta spare bodies & only Sopel coming back any time soon.

Not only that Bill, what a job by our coaching staff to keep us in the hunt. I sometimes question J. Martin’s coaching.

But you have to give the man credit. He put this train wreck back on the tracks last year, took us for a very nice ride in the play offs.

And this year has kept us in the hunt, while loosing half the team’s roster to injuries.

That is like sage like my friend, well put.

51. Propwash says:

I’m guessing that Plecky and Halpern is gonna be gone for a bit of time.

Hopefully Dawes and Palushaj can effectively take their places.

52. OneTimer says:

He seems really comfortable on the ice lately. It’s like something just “clicked” for him in the last few weeks. Quite a transformation.

53. Bill J says:

RE your closing statement, that + now the Habs only have 2-3 more callups available to them from now to the end of the playoffs.

Dawes & Palushaj will finish the season with Montreal unless they pull a SK74.

54. zig616 says:

I hear you, it is a stretch for one of these guys to get top line nods.  I am just not a moen backer.  The goal he scored last night was total luck, and his lack of going to the front of the net, or his finishing ability is less then desirable .  I do agree he has been more effective then Pouilot.  I am just frustrated, but I guess that is what comes with all these injuries the team has sustained.

55. zig616 says:

I agree.  I think as a fourth line guy, or even as a third with Eller and AK46 he was effective.

56. shiram says:

You do with what you have, and we are running low on good top forwards.

At least Moen can create some space. I like Moen, he’s not a scoring forward, but in the role he was given this season, he did alright. He is scrappy, and was our fighting guy, before White and Mara came along. He just is not meant to be on a top line, but I feel he is doing ok considering he was basically a fourth/third line guy for most of the season.

57. bwoar says:

Wow, the limit is FOUR callups.  The rule for emergency callups says:

(ii) Emergency conditions shall be
    established when the playing strength of the loaning Club, by
    reason of incapacitating injury or illness or by League
    suspension to its players is reduced below the level of two (2)
    goalkeepers, six (6) defensemen and twelve (12) forwards. Proof
    of the existence of the emergency conditions including the
    incapacity shall be furnished to the Commissioner of the League
    upon request made by him.

58. forskis says:

Dawes is 5’9″ but 200 lbs…people complain about small players…that sounds like a solid barrel of a player to me.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

59. Bill J says:

I’m not 100% clear on this stipulation, but I think that “emergency callups” are allowed if & only if the 4-5 callups have all been used + no other options are available in the press box for the NHL team.

IE – the NHL team is dying one by one…. lol

60. forskis says:

I have grudgingly accepted the following fact:  the Habs are the Yankees of hockey and will be treated as such – if you love them, you LOVE them…but if you hate them, then you really HATE them, which would explain all the garbage being spewed about the team, its fans and the city.  Even a Stanley Cup win would be dismissed as something insignificant or indicative of how cheap the team is since the haters would be convinced that they cheated to win.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

61. bwoar says:

Yeah, it’s 6 maximum isn’t it?  Definitely playing a factor, I recall Ben Maxwell riding the pine last season in a similar situation.  We really had no extra forwards, I was beginning to think Weber might get 4th line time if someone got hurt during practice.

I doubt Palushaj sees much ice, but more pointedly, Dustin Boyd will probbaly never wear the CH again.

62. Storm Man says:

Snap………… Are you lost again? This happens each time  the Habs lose you get lost and come on here. I will open the door for you so you can see yourself out. Bye.

63. christophor says:

Do they not count as emergency callups?

64. shiram says:

Obviously the Bruins are the team that most respect the players,  and is most respected by all the other players.

65. Snair11 says:

love the jab about the economy at the end!

66. Rugger says:

Like learning to drive a standard, lots of rough going and then all of a sudden it clicks and it is so smooth from that point on.

No! It was only Richards, who was made to look foolish on the ice by a rookie, and Richards was backed up by that (suck up to any player’s coat tails ) Don the fool Cherry.

You cannot take either one of those two very seriously.

68. Bob_Sacamano says:

AK46 who has 10 points in his last 10 games also deserves some praise. They really work great together and even managed to wake up Moen who was pretty useless offensively for the first 60 games.

69. forskis says:

I have been trying to get this typed out ever since all the PK Subban hate started…I really do think that there is bias and discrimination in the NHL…against anybody not Anglophone Caucasian North American:

We all know about the garbage and hypocrisy PK Subban has gone through all season and Habs fans throwing bananas at Kevin Weekes and the blackface;
    The perceptions of francophone players as visor-wearing, cheapshot artist cowards plus all the “go back to Quebec” or “we hate francophones” garbage from fans of other teams even though lots of teams have more francophones than the Habs;
    The Europeans are seen as pansies who bail when the going gets rough and have no respect for the game, case in point:  the Oilers’ European rookie does a centre-ice spinorama and is vilified as showboating and being disrespectful while Stamkos does it in the slot and it is hailed as “a beautiful move”…same move, same result in scoring but different reactions…

You would think that the League would add this to their extensive “things we need to fix” list…

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

70. secretdragonfly says:

I may be wrong about this but wouldn’t Boyd have to clear waivers if he were to be called up?

71. OneTimer says:

Solid little powder keg body type, no doubt, only problem is ideally there’s 1-2 of them on a team, not five or more.

72. Bugs says:

My boy Ebby Calvin Paloosh gettin the call?

73. Everlasting1 says:

How cool is this..myth and metal as part of a school’s curriculum \m/

Better than the religious hymns I had to endure in grade school :-/

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

74. forskis says:

I understand that but wouldn’t having solid bodies be important no matter the height?  A rolling line of 6’0″ 200lbs powder keg bodies can be just as effective as a lineup of 6’3″, 200lbs guys, would it not?  The only difference would be leverage.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

75. habstrinifan says:

How cool eh.. remember we talked about some mojo and mentioned Dawes. I am kinda excited over these callups.

Dawes I had been asking for weeks now. Good size, good junior career, good player. I think he will be permanent on this team…  even when Pleks returns.

Palushaj is from the same hockey program as Max Pac and he looked good last yrs AHL playoffs and pre-season here.

GO HABS GO!!

76. scrowe21 says:

Engqvist looked okay when he was up, and hes big.

77. avatar_58 says:

Then we’re done. This suggests Pleks is out longterm. Hope you two make a splash because there’s not much hope otherwise. Gomez is not a #1 center.

78. shiram says:

I’m thinking Cammy might get the center nod, for the first or second line. I can’t see any of the others handling that spot.

79. christophor says:

cammi, pyatt, and white can all play center

80. christophor says:

If the injuries are short term, Eller or DD could slot into the second line spot and White or Pyatt could center the 4th. But I think the Cammi option is best.

Moen – Gomez – Gionta

Pouliot – Cammi – Andrei

White – Eller – Dawes

Pyatt – DD – Palushaj

81. christophor says:

At least they’re balanced: any of the 4 lines might score…maybe.

82. shiram says:

I guess those lines fit in with ” making the best of a bad situation”.

83. Danno says:

What is today’s burning issue preoccupying the GMs of the NHL? Head shots and violence?

No. Shootouts and spin-o-ramas.

Stop the insanity.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

84. G-Man says:

That Rantin’ Ron sure is talented.

85. solomio says:

Congratulations JB. I think that is really good lyric writing.

86. Dwayne33 says:

I enjoyed reading your lyrics to the song, but I have a funny story about this song.  During the last NHL lockout, I changed the lyrics to the song poking fun at the lockout and putting the blame on Bettman and Goodnow. I am from PEI and the local paper loved the song and the story, so the did a huge article on the song. I local musician also recorded it and it was being played on the radio and during the PEI Rocket home games. A short time later, I got a letter from Stompin Tom’s lawyers threatening me with a million dollar fine and 5 years in prison for copyright infringement. I had to get the paper to write a retraction on the story, the radio station had to stop playing the song, and I was on the phone with the lawyer for approx. 30 minutes listening to their threats and  apologizing for changing the words to this song!

87. Danno says:

I love it! Pure solid gold!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

88. punkster says:

Singing right along here, JB, Singing right along.

***STOP THE MADNESS***

89. JohnBellyful says:

Stompin’ Tom’s younger brother, Rantin’ Ron, has produced his own version of the iconic song:

Down on the ice, it isn’t nice
    It’s hockey night tonight
    The players clash
    Cross-check and slash
    They sure do love to fight
    The elbows fly
    And sticks run high
    The fans all go insane
    They start to yell:
    “He’s rung his bell!”
    At the good old hockey game

CHORUS
    Oh, the good old hockey game
    Fills most of us with shame
    And we all know who’s to blame
    For ruining our great game.

The NHL can go to hell
    It hasn’t any guts
    Dirty stuff’s okay
    “It’s a hockey play!”
    Says Bettman who’s a putz
    The players’ group
    Is full of poop
    And Cherry, he’s a twit
    He spews his bile
    And all the while
    Gets richer spreading it

[CHORUS]

Oh take me where the rules are fair
    And goons don’t run amok
    Skilled players soar
    They shoot, they score
    They’re wizards with the puck
    The play is clean
    There’s nothing mean
    It’s a treat to watch them play
    Well, it’s a dream, I’ve blown off steam
    Now there’s nothing left to say

EXCEPT
    The good old hockey game
    Will be never be the same
    As long as the blind and lame
    Ruin the good old hockey game

– “A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.” –

90. JohnBellyful says:

There’s an old guy version? Sweet! Wait, ….. an old, fat, mumbly guy version? That lets you sing Cheek to Cheek?

Heaven, I’m in heaven, I can hardly speak, my heart is beating so …

91. Danno says:

I meant JB not HB. HB is a pencil…Let me erase that little mistake JB

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

92. habstrinifan says:

LOL LOL to all above. Fun reading.

93. Danno says:

HB, you should audition for Canadien Idol

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

94. JohnBellyful says:

Thanks. I should tell you that’s the version that runs at 7 p.m. while impressionable young HIO-ers are still up. The 11 p.m. version has one line change:

And Cherry, he’s a twit
    He spews his bile
    And all the while
    Gets richer saying sh*t

Now that’s one line change. JM might have more.

95. solomio says:

Et tu Bugsy ! !!

96. Bugs says:

Scio non es Cesare.

97. DearyLeary says:

Why does the AHL’s disciplinary team seem to have a better pulse on their game than the NHL?

98. SeriousFan09 says:

Gabriel Dumont has been suspended for 10 games by the AHL for a boarding hit, the player he struck has a fractured vertebrae.

I was concerned last season when I saw that big pile of PIMs on his stat sheet. The kid has a temper and he hasn’t been controlling it that well this year, wrong kinds of calls on his game sheets.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

99. habstrinifan says:

Sounds apocryphal.

100. solomio says:

HAHAHAHAAHA -Punkster you’ve lost it……

101. punkster says:

Wiki. How cute. Next time just post the link. Saves all those interwebby thingies.

***STOP THE MADNESS***

102. Caper says:

LOL-the polite Cnd that you are.

103. OneTimer says:

thank you, Prof. Solomio :)

104. punkster says:

That’s it. Leafs with 2 in 12 seconds to go up 3-1. Ship the Cup to T’ranna already. It’s in the bag!

***STOP THE MADNESS***

105. solomio says:

The term apocrypha is used with various meanings, including “hidden”, “esoteric”, “spurious”, “of questionable authenticity”, ancient Chinese “revealed texts and objects” and “Christian texts that are not canonical“.

The word is originally Greek (ἀπόκρυφα) and means “those having been hidden away”. Specifically, ἀπόκρυφα is the neuter plural of ἀπόκρυφος, a participle derived from the verb ἀποκρύπτω [infinitive: ἀποκρύπτειν], “to hide something away.”[1]

The general term is usually applied to the books that the Protestant Christian Church considered useful but not divinely inspired. As such, it is misleading in this sense to refer to the Gospel according to the Hebrews or Gnostic writings as apocryphal, because they would not be classified in the same category by orthodox believers. Non-canonical books are texts of uncertain authenticity, or writings where the work is seriously questioned. Given that different denominations have different beliefs about what constitutes canonical scripture, there are several versions of the apocrypha.

During 16th-century controversies about the biblical canon, the word acquired a negative connotation, and has become a synonym for “spurious” or “false”. This usage usually involves fictitious or legendary accounts that are plausible enough to be commonly considered true. For example, Laozi‘s alleged authorship of the Tao Te Ching, the Parson Weems account of George Washington and the cherry tree, are all considered apocryphal.

106. solomio says:

Don’t know if you guys have talked about this or not and really don’t know if a guy at the office was putting me on but he said that Wiz had been talking to the press about his visit with Maxpac who had apparently told him that he has no concussion symptons and that his neck didn’t feel that bad.

Anybody hear the same thing?

107. V says:

Filling our line-up with AHL players might be a good tactic for confusing Tampa Bay… except for the sweaters, the fantastic crowd and the fact they can’t catch anyone, they might think they are playing the Leafs.

108. punkster says:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

***STOP THE MADNESS***

109. V says:

Oh yeah… the Stanley Cup banners might be a give-away as well.

110. secretdragonfly says:

No…..sounds like the guy at your office is a Bruins fan.

111. Bugs says:

They’ve seen one. And they’re not impressed with ours.

No matter how much I tried to impress’em.

112. kelowna_HAB says:

BREAKING NEWS!

As I was walking through orchard park mall in Kelowna BC, I spotted the man, the mystery.. JOSH GEORGES. He looked like he was walking comfortably, sporting a red T-shirt and sweats. I immediately shrieked “HEY JOSH” which caught him a bit off guard. I asked him how he was feeling, he replied that he is feeling well. I wished him luck on the recovery and hope to see him soon on the ice. He replied courteously “thank you” and proceeded into the bathroom from which I did not follow… It took a while to catch my breath and for the color to return to my face, but overall a good encounter!

113. B says:

Pyatt is a center. Pouliot is available on the wing.

114. Ayan_SB says:

Ladies and gentlemen, acceuillons nos Bulldogs!!!

*Cue Coldplay solo*

115. wd40 says:

ah sorry man, you deserve credit for being first on that one. :)

Wake me up for the 2012-2013 season.

117. Maksimir says:

what about a fourth line? Double shift Eller iwth White & Pyatt?

118. gohabsgo25 says:

paulshaj with gomez and gionta would be ideal. but where would we play dawes?

lines are

Moen Gomez Gionta

Halpy-Pleks-Cammy

Akots Eller Pouliot

White Desharnias Pyatt

I would do

Paulshaj Gomez Gionta

Moen Desharnias Cammy

Akots Eller Dawes

what do you guys think

119. Danno says:

This has got to be a banner year for call ups. Ian Schultz would be a nice, gritty addition

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

120. shiram says:

Bring up 2 wingers, but we are missing centers? Well one center, and a center playing winger.

Maybe they do as I posted in another thread and put Cammy on center? Weird news.

121. Josh says:

Hamilton has no capable centers left after the Habs recalled Dsharnais and White and then traded away Maxwell.

122. Maksimir says:

Hahaha… 5’9″ & 5’11” … can this team get any smaller… though it doesn’t really matter as kids with size at this point won’t make an impact anyway.

123. ZepFan2 says:

You’d like that, wouldn’t you.

———————————————————————— Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Head-shots League.

124. Everlasting1 says:

Good riddance hehe

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

125. Fire_Laraque says:

Marchand will get suspended.

2 reasons;

1-He’s not Norris potential (I know, he’s a forward)

2-He’s not making 1000000 billion dollars a year like the Giant from Hell.

126. punkster says:

Outstanding Frank.The kiddies are restless tonight.

***STOP THE MADNESS***

127. solomio says:

Punkster…a man of your age should know better!

128. Bugs says:

Your leafs just tied it, Han!

129. punkster says:

A man of my age knows quite a bit. My take is that when a poster continues to leave comments only after a loss or when bad luck happens then it is fairly evident that poster is not what he seems…Mr. Benee Wafers…hahahahahaha…please, how many aliases do you have now?

***STOP THE MADNESS***

130. solomio says:

Oh Lord…please don’t let me be misunderstood

131. solomio says:

Cheese Bugsy I’m getting excited. I better turn on the tv !!

132. Bugs says:

So you can have it in stereo with your link?

Man, you guys always go overboard at this time’o’year, dontchehs?

133. HabFab says:

Bugsy, don’t wait for him to “go overboard”. Make him walk the plank…Hardy harrr!!!

134. punkster says:

Well, it seems to work now. Try again Vera. I did notice a few blank comments from you over the past week and thought you were just too ticked off for words.

***STOP THE MADNESS***

I can’t reply.

136. Nina76 says:

there has been no comments on this site because I am not able to.WHY?????????????????? Vera Yeandel…………….Please enable me to comment Thank you…PS please send a email for advice.

137. punkster says:

I’m dizzy with excitement. I’m stunned at the quick reaction. I’m punch-drunk in anticipation.

***STOP THE MADNESS***

138. JohnBellyful says:

Just saw some footage of the new protocol being put into action tonight:

Doctor: Okay, son, just step over here and take a seat. I’m going to ask you a few questions to make sure everything’s okay.
    Player: Doc, there’s nothing wrong with me.
    Doctor: That’s what they all say, son. Just answer these simple questions, and if you get them right, you can be on your way. Okay, what day is it?
    Player: Sunday.
    Doctor: Hmmm… Ah, what’s the capital of Canada?
    Player: Toronto
    Doctor: Okaaaaaay. What’s two plus two?
    Player: Five-and-a-half.
    Just then the assistant coach comes in, yelling: “What’s taking so long?
    Doctor (sternly): Look, I’m the doctor here. I’ll take as long as I need. But I can tell you right now I’ve seen enough. This player is brain damaged and needs to go to a hospital. He’s suffered a concussion.
    Assistant coach: Concussion!? I sent him back here to get his skate sharpened. Never mind. Get back out there, Cooke, we’ll sharpen your skate at intermission.

139. habstrinifan says:

Went to the link and read the article. Good intentions bad formula.

NHL’s new concussion rules take effect

Bottom line: The Bruins now have a method to take a star player out of the game for 15 minutes.

141. secretdragonfly says:

Apparently the road to hell is paved with good intentions and Chara just took the next exit.

142. Bugs says:

Where do the exits after the next one go? Or is he not going to hell after all?

See? This is what happens when you mix metaphors, Ms D! I’m all confused now!

143. secretdragonfly says:

That’s just it, all the exits lead to the same place, Bugs….l’enfer, c’est les autres……(apologies to M. Sartre)

144. JohnBellyful says:

I feel bad, you havin’ to duck out and all. And I’m not much of a plant person. Even plastic ones die on me. Again, sorry.

What’s the password on the computer?

145. punkster says:

Um…there’s some guy wearing a black cowboy hat standing in my driveway. He’s shouting something. Hang on a sec…

OK, look…I’ve got to duck out for a bit, like say 7 years or so. I’d appreciate if you’d be a pal JB and drop by to water the plants every week or so. Oh, and could you lock that back bedroom window please? Thanks…

***STOP THE MADNESS***

146. JohnBellyful says:

Uh oh. Funny story? Geez, were you laughing at the end? Now that I look at that letter I got from Rantin’ Ron, I’m beginnin’ to think it was all hoax. That’s what I told Mr. Tom when he tweeted me just now. (I don’t have a Twitter account so that made it really weird.)

Anyways, Mr. Tom — at least I think it was Mr. Tom — said he doesn’t have a brother Ron and if he did he knows he wouldn’t write a song stealing his material. Mr. Tom’s right. Rantin’, you should be ashamed of yourself.

And, Punkster, I’d appreciate it if you didn’t sing along anymore. No need to get me on the wrong side of Mr. Tom. For a tough, old guy he sure sounded sensitive.

147. JohnBellyful says:

Uh, Mr. Tom, if you’re reading this, I tried to delete the ‘song’ but the system won’t allow me to delete it. Don’t worry. Only three people saw it. That’s more than my posts usually get. Oh, right, you and Rantin’ Ron make five … is this a bad time to ask for an autograph?

148. Dwayne33 says:

I laughed after it was all over and done with. It sure makes a great story and I saved the letter from the lawyers. I also still have the recording of the song. I listen to it every now and then.

149. Mark C says:

10 forwards and 7 D dressed tonight, the leading scorer has only played in 33 games, and Carle and Conboy (!) are tied for third place in goals.

150. punkster says:

Your veil is thin.

***STOP THE MADNESS***

151. Bugs says:

Wow. Subtle.

Your leafs just got scored on btw…

152. solomio says:

Hey what are you guys getting all lovey dovey about? Habs lost last night to a team that seemed to be bigger, faster, better coached and more talented. Our turnovers, give aways or whatever you want to call them ( I forget the technical term) were more like a comedy routine than a hockey drill. Man we kept giving them the puck, passing them the puck. The less the other team has the puck the more likely you are to win the game.

The Habs played very poorly last night, went back to their old ways and are now on the win one lose one treadmill. Not good enough at this time of the year.

I don’t want to say it but I smell a losing streak on the way. And Carey is soon gonna get pissed off about holding this team together while most of his team mates take a runner.

Glad to see the call ups. I think both players will make a good contribution and both with an offensive upside.

I can see Dawes on the Gomez line and I think Palushaj (sp) should take Pyatts spot.

153. New says:

I would almost put money on it.

Nothing changes. Canucks will be next.

154. Bill J says:

This is because Joe Thornton called out the Bruins/Campbell.

155. Habs4Lyfe says:

Habs 4 Lyfe

Dany Heatley suspended 2 games for hit on Steve Ott

WHAT!!!

Chara gets away scott free. I don’t get it.

156. Kimberly2u says:

Is there anyone left in Hamilton to play? lol

157. SeriousFan09 says:

I absolutely have no idea how the Bulldogs can win their game tonight barring the other team sucking.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

158. habstrinifan says:

Dont go now but if you do please set up so there is an AUTOPOST under your avatar.  Other than Timo’s you are about the sexiest looking avatar on the site.

159. Bill J says:

Haven’t you heard the new rules ?

Any hit given by a Bruins player to an opponents head is a Clean NHL hit.

160. Danno says:

These NESN guys are complete morons. “It wasn’t much of a hit really. A good non-call.”

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

161. habs11s says:

dirty and dangerous hit….

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

162. punkster says:

Boudreau “If you don’t like it don’t come to the games”. Hey Boohead, what gives you the idea that you or the players set the agenda?

Think again. It’s the owners and the fans who run it. If the fans want change the owners will react because it’s the fans who ultimately pay your way. We buy tickets and merchandise, watch games while exposed to advertiser pitches on expensively granted television rights broadcasts, all of which keeps the league operating. No, many of us don’t like it and we’re going to push for changes that will bring it more in line with what we want to see. Maybe the majority of fans don’t want massive changes but I would imagine the majority want some change. Like starting from the top…Bettman. You think the majority of fans would be sad to see the end of his and his executive reign of buffoonery?

If a hockey game was played in an NHL arena and nobody was there to watch or televise it would it really exist?

And don’t get me started on the Gill comment you brain-dead little troll.

***STOP THE MADNESS***